PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Endor battle pack

TheDarthVader
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I saw images at rebelscum for the new battle for endor battle pack. Question: is that ewok a new ewok or just kitbashed? This will determine whether or not I purchase the set.

DarkJedi5
06-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Pics are also on the main page here as well, the ewok is (I believe) a kitbash with maybe a few new parts. Most importantly though, is the fact that it is a remake of one of the vintage ewoks that has yet to be done in the modern line. I don't recall his name but a new ewok and an imperial officer with a new headsculpt makes this a pretty solid set IMO.

SirSteve
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Yes... please check our news before promoting other sites. We generally have it up before others.

sebillba
06-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Pics are also on the main page here as well, the ewok is (I believe) a kitbash with maybe a few new parts. Most importantly though, is the fact that it is a remake of one of the vintage ewoks that has yet to be done in the modern line. I don't recall his name but a new ewok and an imperial officer with a new headsculpt makes this a pretty solid set IMO.

Yes, this one's going to be Warok.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2009, 06:01 PM
It appears to have a new head and definitely has a new, accurate hood. I'm quite excited for this one! Now the only Ewok from the vintage line that hasn't been updated is Lumat (right?). With him, though, there's a weird retcon issue, and the Graak figure seems to be based on the Lumat costume but in different colors.

DarkJedi5
06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
So what's going on with the ewoks? We've got retcon issues with Lumat and a Graak that doesn't look like Graak.

Ji'dai
06-27-2009, 05:05 PM
I've read that Lumat refused to give Hasbro permission to sculpt his likeness for the modern line. Village wags say he's become distant and reclusive since the Battle of Endor. He spends most of his time alone in the forest and is often not seen for several moons at a time.

I'm on the fence about this BP. I usually buy Ewok stuff but I'm disappointed that the Imp Officer doesn't have the new SA Needa sculpt. It looks like they used the legs from Veers and the torso from Ozzel/Jundland. I'm getting tired of the elbow articulation on this sculpt, plus it doesn't have a knee joint either.

I don't have the Luke though and it's time to replace my old POTF2 Endor Luke (the one that came with the Speeder Bike!)

Blue2th
06-27-2009, 06:22 PM
One thing is this Ewok is brown, whereas the Saga one is black. Or am I just stating the obvious here...:cross-eye

DarkJedi5
06-27-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm on the fence about this BP. I usually buy Ewok stuff but I'm disappointed that the Imp Officer doesn't have the new SA Needa sculpt. It looks like they used the legs from Veers and the torso from Ozzel/Jundland. I'm getting tired of the elbow articulation on this sculpt, plus it doesn't have a knee joint either.

Well this office was originally slated to come with the Endor Shield Bunker BP but to cost it down they dropped him from the set (eventually building this set around him it would seem). In light of that, it makes sense that he isn't the Needa sculpt and since he's no worse than the last Imperial Officer we got in a battle pack it's no big deal to me. The probably won't use this mould again anyway.

TheDarthVader
06-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes... please check our news before promoting other sites. We generally have it up before others.

Sorry about that Sirsteve. I usually spend A LOT more time here, so you don't have anything to worry about. :) Didn't know you guys were quicker than others...NICE!

New ewok eh? Well I guess they will get my money for this one. I have to have all of the new ewok sculpts because I have been pleased with what they have churned out so far. Thanks for the information.