PDA

View Full Version : What the hell!?

Jack
06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Why have they make the 2009 waves lightsaber's see through!?!?!?! its stupid... why did they have to change it?

p.s. I've posted enough posts for the moment now...

Thanks, Jack:tired:

Jack
06-27-2009, 11:01 PM
By the way, if they're making new ones with see-through lightsabers, does that mean we can get older released characters with see-through lightsabers????

Old Fossil
06-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't know Jack.:squareeye

Kidhuman
06-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Thats sounds kind of stupid

Ji'dai
06-28-2009, 01:45 PM
So the figures now have transparent lightsabers? What's so bad about that? Sounds like a cool detail.

I haven't collected this line since the Play Skool releases, but I think transparent lightsabers would be neat.

DarkJedi5
06-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Yeah, the Luminara figure that's out now is the first one that does this. It looks really good but I'm not looking forward to all the rereleases with the new lightsabers.

Jack
06-29-2009, 12:59 AM
I know, I guess it's kinda cool, but then they won't fit with all the previous figures... and I think thats crap...

Kidhuman
06-29-2009, 12:00 PM
When they start running gimmicks like this it usually means the line is nearing death. Trying to generate money. Especially since the repack issue has gotten worse over the last year or so, it sounds like they are trying to hard

DarkJedi5
06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
When they start running gimmicks like this it usually means the line is nearing death. Trying to generate money. Especially since the repack issue has gotten worse over the last year or so, it sounds like they are trying to hard

I gotta say I disagree. With the Clone Wars tv show pulling in even more young viewers, kid focused Star Wars toys seem to be dominating retail space in the big box stores. And collectors still love this line, a few months ago everyone was drooling over the photos of the AT-AT box! We haven't even seen pics yet and there are probably a dozen people on this site ready to buy one. I think it's just a sign of the fogures evolving like the added articulation on the basic figures.

waboritas
06-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I don't mind the change to the clear lightsabers, but I have noticed the plastic quality of the GH figures that came in the Snowspeeder set has taken a huge step back ala the Legacy and Clone Wars lines. That said, I think this is a very solid line and has a lot of potential.

At the same time, Hasbro needs to be careful not to make it too collector focused. These were originally intended for kids 3 and up (I know basic figures are for kid 4 and up), but in the last couple of years they have added small parts (removable helmets), done away with the "cute" faces for more serious faces and added a lot more articulation to them. I think this is great and all, but at the same time I didn't mind the original look and feel either. I am also amazed that there are more of these little guys than there were in the original Kenner line. I have more fun collecting these with my 2.5 year old son than I do the basic line now. He knows all of the characters names and we use them to try to teach him his colors (which we have not yet succeded at).

Jack
07-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Yeah, you're right, I got Luminara and Super Battle Droid today, and the plastic on the figures is ALOT more bendy and flexible, and it could be broken easily

I'm over the see-through lightsabers delema. They look awesome :)

Jack:twisted: