View Full Version : RIP Billy Mays

Kidhuman
06-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow, anohter one down. Thuis is insane 4 in a week. RIP infomercial guy

Blue2th
06-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Iye yi yi! :shocked:

He looked healthy.

I just used Mighty Putty to fix my sisters exaust pipes, and the kitchen sink.

Maradona
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Looks like the reaper is on a roll. Rest in peace.

mabudonicus
06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds like he got smoked in the head during a rough landing in an airplane, so not quite as "tragic" as certain other recent deaths, still loss of life is almost never a good thing- for those of you that believe in heaven I imagine it will have 100% more lustre in the near future, and messy spills will be a thing of the past- the guy probably could sell most gods a few products at least

RIP Mr.Mays
:beard: Iso&Baws&topes

I wonder if Vince Offer will be a "person of interest" in the next days (and can see a followup to "An Offer you Can't Refuse" comin out of this)

JetsAndHeels
06-28-2009, 12:52 PM
According to the reports, he was fine after the landing. He even joked about it to a reporter, saying something like he had a hard head so he was ok.

It immediately reminded me of what happened to Natasha Richardson, but the hit to his head may not have been related to his death. RIP.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2009, 01:16 PM
What!?!? This is so crazy! I did NOT expect this at all. He and Sully were just on Conan five days ago and he was doing fine! I loved that guy. This sucks.

I wonder if Vince Offer will be a "person of interest" in the next days (and can see a followup to "An Offer you Can't Refuse" comin out of this)
Not for a while, at least . . . there's certainly been enough to cover with these guys lately, though.

El Chuxter
06-28-2009, 01:18 PM
From Reuters:

Police detained Vince Offer as a person of interest. During questioning, Offer reportedly said, "Can we move along with this? Like, in the next twenty minutes or so? 'Cause I can't do this all day!"

Offer reportedly had an appointment to punch a hooker in the face that afternoon.

JetsAndHeels
06-28-2009, 01:21 PM
What!?!? This is so crazy! I did NOT expect this at all. He and Sully were just on Conan five days ago and he was doing fine! I loved that guy. This sucks.

Yeah, I saw them on there too. Man, this is crazy.

TeeEye7
06-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Wow, anohter one down. Thuis is insane 4 in a week. RIP infomercial guy

I agree with KH: the "3s" rule has been broken. That's scary!

Condolences to the Mays familly.

Slicker
06-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Maybe Mays is the beginning of a new 3...

Rocketboy
06-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh No! Now who'll scream at me to buy useless, crappy products on tv (with a super-creepy beard)?

I agree with KH: the "3s" rule has been broken. That's scary!Or is this the start of another three?
EDIT: Slick, you beat me to it by a few seconds!

JediTricks
06-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I think that rule has gone out the window now that there are so many more "celebrities" these days.

Ji'dai
06-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Didn't remember who he was at first, I had to Google him. So many celeb personalities passing on lately. Maybe he forgot to use his products in a well-ventilated area.

Slicker
06-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Or is this the start of another three?
EDIT: Slick, you beat me to it by a few seconds!
Great minds think alike.

DarthQuack
06-28-2009, 07:49 PM
RIP OxiClean Man :(

Tycho
06-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Your coffin is not fully clean until it's OXY-CLEAN!!!

Man, Billy Mays will be missed. You'd think that he'd be the ONE infomercial personality that could still do his schtickt from beyond the grave.

I don't know what kind of life Billy Mays lived, but wouldn't either God or Satan kick him out because they'd very quickly just get sick of listening to him?

JEDIpartner
06-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I actually feel bad about his death. Sure, he was loud and annoying, but he was just some schlub doing work as a salesman for some lame and some not-so-lame products. Basically, he was just one of us who got really lucky... :(

mtriv73
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
21 beard salute to Mr. Mays...

:beard::beard::beard::beard::beard::beard::beard:

RIP man, my whites are brighter because of you.

Ando
06-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I am very saddened by this man's passing. I thoroughly enjoy watching him and Anthony Sullivan on Discovery's Pitchmen.

He's a love him or hate him guy, but he was great at his job and it was fun getting to know him on his show.

I'm not a fan of "Reality TV" game shows (remember when we just called them game shows?), but I am huge fan of documentary reality TV shows like Pitchmen and American Choppers and Deadliest Catch. Shows that feature real people doing their jobs are endlessly fascinating to me and Pitchmen was the same.

God bless Billy Mays and be with the Mays family during their time of grief.

clone157
07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Maybe Mays is the beginning of a new 3...

And today the Reaper takes...Karl Malden. Do we know you? Not well enough.

Tycho
07-02-2009, 03:41 AM
Don't forget Optimus Prime died, too. But Shia LeBouf used pixidust in a sock and brought him back to life.

sith_killer_99
07-02-2009, 07:22 PM
A cool video and a cool way to remember a cool guy...:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYdDK1uTDI

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Man, how can anybody be so bad an actor ordering at the drive-through window???

Tycho
07-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Do you think they'll release a DVD with Billy Mays collected infomercials?

sith_killer_99
07-04-2009, 01:28 AM
^ If there is money to be made, I'm sure it will happen!