PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars TF Magnaguard / Porax-38

JediTricks
06-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Carded front / back:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/crossovers-12/transformers-star-wars-crossovers-magnaguard-starfighter-revealed-with-new-packaging-167849/

Loose:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/crossovers-12/star-wars-transformers-crossovers-ahsoka-tano-revealed-magnaguard-images-out-of-package-167932/

Wow, it actually looks like a Transformer for once, and not just a bunch of shell parts slapped on a generic stick figure! Pretty basic altmode, but it's mostly accurate and doesn't seem to be suffering kibble. I haven't bought a SWTF in a long time now due to the suckage, and of not having minifigs, but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this, I actually like the robot mode.

Darth Metalmute
07-01-2009, 12:08 PM
This one actually looks serviceable. Most of the TF Star Wars crossovers have been very poor with the exception of Cody. This one actually looks like they designed the robot first, then figured out which ship it could transform into.

I stopped buying them with the TIE Bomber wave, but you are right JT, this one looks to be worth picking up.

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I got real choosy when the AT-AT wave came out, and all but stopped buying them. The last ones I bought were the Obi-Wan Ep 2 JSF and the Grievous Starfighter. So that should give you an idea of how long it's been, I contemplated the TIE Bomber wave but ultimately couldn't part with the money. It'll be a surprise to come back to the line, but it is a robot. :p

Darth Metalmute
07-04-2009, 02:42 PM
The transformers in vehicle mode are not bad scuplts. And since they are around action fleet scale, it finally gives us episode 3 versions. I glued all of my sons tranformers together in ship mode since he got so frustrated with them. I would have bought more, but I can't see paying 5 more dollars for action fleet ships just because they transform.

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow,that's a bummer you had to glue them together.

Once they took out the minifigs, I couldn't accept them as Action Fleet surrogate anymore and the pricetag went up soon after, it was a hard pill to swallow.

The reality is that the price on Action Fleet would have gone up either way, they were $10 a decade ago, no way inflation wouldn't have caught up to them at some point. But they would have been better than these, more accurate, less frustrating, and if they had robot modes I'm sure they wouldn't have sucked as much. :p