PDA

View Full Version : Ny?

The 'Xir
08-24-2001, 09:42 PM
I've always been intirgued by the idea of these clubs, but never really heard of any exisiting in this area! Central NY that is! Anyone interested in starting one for NY, preferably Central NY, because personally I'd like the group to meet in person say once every two weeks, and NYC being 4&1/2 hrs away(from Syracuse atleast) that would make it hard to include fans/collectors from the city! Although with my job I do make it down to the city every 3-5 weeks. Ya never know.
Who's interested, and let's hear some suggestions to get started. ex)= What city to meet in? Syracuse? Cortland? something centrally located? So no one has to drive too far!!!

The 'Xir
08-29-2001, 11:28 PM
OK, with this site starting to approach the 300 registered members plateau, let me try this another way!
Who here is from NY?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-02-2001, 12:14 AM
OK, with this site starting to approach the 300 registered members plateau, let me try this another way! Who is from ny?

The Xir-- the only New Yorkers I know that frequent the board are me (lbc! :D ) from Western New York (Buffalo area). A couple of others from the Buffalo area include Dr sidious, and LMan (two who are semiregular posters). There is someone from central NY is (I believe) JawaJedi or JawaJones or possibly JediJawa. He is from the Rochester area though. He used to frequent the old sirsteves site, but ever since the site was updated about three weeks ago, I don't think I have heard from him. I'm sure there are some people I have missed :eek:

jdmarlow
09-04-2001, 06:29 PM
Hey there the Xir...

I am from New York and I am definitely interested in a collector's club of some sort. I used to hunt for figs in my local TRU's, KB's, Comic Book Shops around the city with a like 5 or 6 others from this area during the EP1 craze, but they all copped out and stopped collecting. With the EP2 stuff comin' up, I'd love to be a part of a club of somesort.

-JD

The 'Xir
09-05-2001, 11:19 AM
COOL!!! Well, glad to hear that there are some other NYkers here besides myself!
Well, LBC- Are you or any of the others interested in starting up a NY collectors club? Ask around, if you could please!
JD being from NYC, as I said in my original post makes it tough to meet, but if you know other NYC'ers that maybe interested in starting up a club again along with the guys from buffalo maybe we can work something out!
Let's see if we can get enough people together!

SirSteve
09-05-2001, 12:17 PM
I just wanted to say that.

;)

The 'Xir
09-05-2001, 07:32 PM
Umm... Would that be an example of post padding there Sir!:D

SirSteve
09-05-2001, 08:29 PM
Nope. A single word or a smilie is what I consider padding.

The 'Xir
09-06-2001, 10:41 PM
O.K.! ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-08-2001, 11:45 PM
Well I could try Xir, but don't say I ever promised you a rose garden.

It all depends. We can do a couple of things.
1) Send each other updates through E-mails regarding what we find, and at what stores, the date, how much, etc,.
2) Go one step further and actually grab items for each other that we are in need of (like a lot of the other collector clubs do). We could of course send the item(s) through the mail, unless we want to meet in certain locales.
3) Have an actual club where most of us can meet each other, trade, purchase, sell whatever. Keep in mind that we are all at different points throughout the state, so maybe the meetings would be only a couple of times through the year? (Just a suggestion).

Of course we have to build the club up with more members. So far there are only 2 members I could hope to bring into the fold, LMan and Drsidious. But I am not sure how they would respond. As far as driving is concerned, I am afraid I'll have to pass on that. I am currently going to school right now, so any trips downstate are out of the question. But I wouldn't mind driving too far, like maybe Rochester or the Finger Lakes but I couldn't go anywhere further.

Let me know what you think.

drsidious
09-11-2001, 05:30 AM
im down
i too am currently schooling
an trips to roch i could make
but 'cuse isa nother story
im closer to toronto that 'cuse

but as it stands theres enough stores around here to keep me more than busy
:D

drsidious
09-11-2001, 05:35 AM