View Full Version : July Hauls!

Ji'dai
07-01-2009, 03:05 PM
UPS delivered part of my LEGO order (http://i41.tinypic.com/iwir0p.jpg) today:

Indiana Jones
7195 Ambush in Cairo
7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle

Castle
Dwarfs Battle Pack - got this by mistake, but I get to keep it for free!

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Art Asylum / Diamond Select Toys Enterprise D - some little issues, but magnificent and large overall, very impressive for the price.

Hasbro Star Wars TX-130 Republic Fighter Tank - unweathered deco stalls this, but a fun design and holds 3 figures inside quite nicely. Has cool GI Joe factor, fun, but could be better too.

Samsung Exclaim cellphone - way bigger than my last phone, but has full GPS and a big clear screen and both a sliding keypad and thumboard. Battery gets twice the life as my last phone despite being the same size battery, but still could be better. Twice as heavy as my last phone too. Like it, but it's bigger than I would have preferred. However, the current Sprint phones all suck and my old one was on its last legs, we were signing a new contract either way so it was either a big discount on the phone now or no discount tomorrow.

With all that and the Sideshow 12" Darth Vader arriving tomorrow, this has been a surprisingly expensive week for me. The funny thing is that not a single one was something I expected to get this week.

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2009, 02:55 AM
After seeing ROTF at the IMAX, we stopped at WalMart. There were several Hasbro cases sitting on a pallet (including multiple GIJoe movie cases). I saw one marked Star Wars and opened it up!!

The following figures came home with me:

TLC Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
TLC EPIII Concept Anakin Skywalker
TLC Jango Fett (AOTC)
TLC Tarados Gon (AOTC)

I left the rest, may go by again later in the weekend to see if they are still there.

By the way, I decided to open a case of wave 1 Joe movie figs. All I can say is yuck.

Ji'dai
07-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Picked up the only figs I really liked from the AOTC wave today:

Owen Lars
Beru Whitesun

LTBasker
07-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Playmates Star Trek 6" Sulu x1
Playmates Star Trek 6" Scotty x1
Star Wars Titanium Anakin's Podracer x1
Star Wars Titanium Xanadu Blood x1
Quantum Mechanix Stargate Animated Maquette Teal'c (should be shipping today)

DarkArtist
07-03-2009, 07:40 PM
G.I. Joe Resolute Battlepack on sale in Target
Hall of Heroes BAT
Marcus Wright - Terminator Salvation
Hot Wheels 1989 Batman movie Batmobile
Saga Legends 501st, Sandtrooper, AOTC Clone Trooper, ROTS Clone Trooper
Twister DVD $4.75 at Target
Bil Cosby Himself DVD at Walmart $5.00

pbarnard
07-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Stargate Continum and Ark of Truth bought earlier this week from Amazon's deals of the hour arrived.

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2009, 10:34 PM
My local Target had GIJoe: ROC toys on the shelves today.

I went ahead and grabbed a Snake Eyes for the heck of it.

Besides that, I also picked up the following:

ROTF Scalpel-

And from Family Dollar, I got the following:

Transformers Universe Sharkticon (w00t)
Transformers (2007) Allspark Battles Nightwatch Prime/Stealth Starscream
Transformers Universe Legends Soundwave

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2009, 10:35 PM
My local Target had GIJoe: ROC toys on the shelves today.

I went ahead and grabbed a Snake Eyes for the heck of it.

Besides that, I also picked up the following:

ROTF Scalpel-Cool figure, as I am really enjoying the scouts

And from Family Dollar, I got the following:

Transformers Universe Sharkticon (w00t)
Transformers (2007) Allspark Battles Nightwatch Prime/Stealth Starscream
Transformers Universe Legends Soundwave

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Sideshow 12-inch-scale ANH Vader SE - he's here, and he's big, and he's got a few little issues that make me glad that they also screwed up the paint so I get to send him back and try again with a replacement. There's a lot of accuracy in the design and in the sewing which seems to use up the huge budget. Armor is accurate everywhere except the chest box (too long, and toyetic execution) and the helmet sits too high. Cloth vest-skirt is fairly accurate but a little too wide, same as prototype but works better with personal futzing. Exclusive hand is lying about what it is, it's clearly the "you are part of the rebel alliance" gesture and not a Force choke. Saber is good. Joints are fairly solid, some are limited in range by armor. Cape opening is too small to nail the early part of the film where the cape is up on the mask's neck. Pricetag hurts the final grade, which I'm calling a "B" (at a sub-$100 price, this would have been an easy "A-").

Stargate Continum and Ark of Truth bought earlier this week from Amazon's deals of the hour arrived.Nice, how much? I hated Ark of Truth, but loved Continuum, that felt like a real movie. Could have used a little more meat in the middle, but still quite satisfying and fantastic to have O'Neill back.

pbarnard
07-04-2009, 08:44 PM
10.97 and 9.99, but I just redeemed a Mypoints gift card, so didn't cost me nuttin'.

TeeEye7
07-04-2009, 10:48 PM
"Safe and sane" fireworks with a 10% discount. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
07-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Darth Revan Mighty Muggs on clearance for $7.68
JLU Sinestro, Parasite, John Stewart on clearance for $3.48 each
Galactic Heroes Ackbar/Nien Nunb

pbarnard
07-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Rise of Cobra Baroness, Covergirl and Scarlet in Cammo.

JediTricks
07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
2009 4th of July Disneyland pin set limited to 500 pieces - sharing this with my mom.

Chicken & Veggie burrito - at the Zocolo restaurant in DL. Shouldn't have taken out the rice out of that custom build, it really helps bring the warring factions together. But I'm never in love with this place anyway, it's just I'm starving by the time we get into the park, and whenever I go with my mom and step-dad to DL, they like eating there because it's got decent vegetarian options.

Mile High Cake - at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon. Let's see, a regular slice of chocolate cake at the other restaurants for $5 that's too "gourmet" (read: bitter and not sweet or cakey enough), or $5.50 for an awesome super-huge cake?

Hot dog with mustard & relish with milk - at the Coca Cola Corner in DL. I wasn't actually hungry after that cake, even 7 hours later, but since I was driving home, I felt it'd give me some balanced energy (I did caffeine a week prior, so not good to revisit so soon). Dog was a little undercooked but good, not over-salty.

4th of July Fireworks show at Disneyland - voice-over was mega cheesy, and referencing the Native Americans for 4th of July felt a little inappropriate, but it was a good show, stayed on topic with Independence Day styling, didn't go into their new show which is a let-down, and added a new close firework off the castle. Here's a video of the last 3 minutes of it from my new cellphone, minus the sound which Youtube has corrupted:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=68319007&blogId=498632293

(there's also a pic of half of the mile high cake there)

10.97 and 9.99, but I just redeemed a Mypoints gift card, so didn't cost me nuttin'.Ack, great prices! Dang, the one day I didn't look at goldbox.

figrin bran
07-06-2009, 03:10 AM
JT, are you a Premium Disneyland pass holder by any chance seeing as how you've mentioned taking many visits out there this year and there was even that one time I saw you from afar. Or else you paid $40 for a block out ticket? Or else you know a Cast Member and they're able to get you in?

Have you been subjected yet to the abomination that is the Celebrate Street Party?

Ji'dai
07-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Received more LEGO sets from my recent order (http://i44.tinypic.com/eqb9ky.jpg):

Indiana Jones
7198 Fighter Plane Attack
7199 The Temple of Doom

Star Wars
7749 Echo Base

As much as I’m excited about the new Indy sets, I’m really liking the Star Wars set. Not a bad army builder, 2 Snowtroopers and 2 Rebel troopers, plus part of the trench and a turret. It’s also got Hoth Han Solo and the first LEGO Tauntaun! I haven’t opened it yet, but it looks like only the Tauntaun's arms are articulated. Plus there’s a giant seam running down the middle of the beast. I bet there’ll be a companion set to this one with Hoth Luke & Tauntaun and a Wampa.

Ando
07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
- Anakin's Delta 7B JSF.

- LEGO Vader X1 TIE Fighter (gift from some good friends).

- Hoth/Echo Base LEGO set for the wife.

JediTricks
07-06-2009, 05:25 PM
JT, are you a Premium Disneyland pass holder by any chance seeing as how you've mentioned taking many visits out there this year and there was even that one time I saw you from afar. Or else you paid $40 for a block out ticket? Or else you know a Cast Member and they're able to get you in?As of this year, I'm doing the monthly payments for Premium. Me and my folks did 4th of July at DL last year under a lesser pass and paid $40 each, only to have horrible viewing outside of Fantasyland and the show ended halfway through due to the mildest wind ever. When adding up all the benefits of Premium (going whenever you want, 15% off food instead of 10, free parking, and 10% off merch), it made $30 a month seem pretty decent.

Have you been subjected yet to the abomination that is the Celebrate Street Party?I saw it from afar for the first time on Saturday, looked pretty underwhelming even for a day parade. I learned my lesson from Light Magic back in the day to not get suckered into most of their parade attractions. And since they broke the dragon at Fantasmic, it's kind of hard to get excited about that either now, I avoided all 3 shows on Saturday after seeing it 2 weeks ago.

figrin bran
07-06-2009, 10:39 PM
As of this year, I'm doing the monthly payments for Premium. Me and my folks did 4th of July at DL last year under a lesser pass and paid $40 each, only to have horrible viewing outside of Fantasyland and the show ended halfway through due to the mildest wind ever. When adding up all the benefits of Premium (going whenever you want, 15% off food instead of 10, free parking, and 10% off merch), it made $30 a month seem pretty decent.

I saw it from afar for the first time on Saturday, looked pretty underwhelming even for a day parade. I learned my lesson from Light Magic back in the day to not get suckered into most of their parade attractions. And since they broke the dragon at Fantasmic, it's kind of hard to get excited about that either now, I avoided all 3 shows on Saturday after seeing it 2 weeks ago.

The sibling and I had lesser passes last year as well and like you guys, decided that the Premium benefits were worth the extra cost.

That Celebrate Street Party is an utter abomination and isn't even worth commenting further on.

Now back to the topic of July Hauls

DCUC Robin
G.I. Joe movie Scarlett, Baroness

RUSHBOY
07-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Human alliance Bumble bee @ walmart 29.99
Marvel universe Red Hulk @ walmart 8.44

JetsAndHeels
07-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Human alliance Bumble bee @ walmart 29.99

Congrats on a great find. The HA Bumblebee is awesome.

I'm surprised you found it at a Wal Mart. Most people (including myself) found theirs at either K-Mart or TRU.

RUSHBOY
07-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats on a great find. The HA Bumblebee is awesome.

I'm surprised you found it at a Wal Mart. Most people (including myself) found theirs at either K-Mart or TRU.

Thanks, I saw it about a week ago at TRU but passed on it @ 34.99 !
When I saw it today I just had to get it !! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
TF ROTF Scout Reverb
GI ROC Storm Shadow

JediTricks
07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
The sibling and I had lesser passes last year as well and like you guys, decided that the Premium benefits were worth the extra cost. Right on!

That Celebrate Street Party is an utter abomination and isn't even worth commenting further on.
Wow, those are strong words. I didn't really pay enough attention I guess.

Ando
07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
- Republic Fighter Tank.

Ji'dai
07-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Received my LEGO Indiana Jones Venice Canal Chase (http://i31.tinypic.com/358dr8k.jpg) today.

jamesbondo07
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Original TMNT at target on clearance for $6. Picked up April, Splinter, and Rocksteady.

Ji'dai
07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Used a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon at TRU and came home with the LEGO Creator Family Home (http://i31.tinypic.com/1zflbmx.jpg).

I really wanted the new SW sets, but this one has more pieces (nearly 1,000) for the price, which ended up being $54 after the coupon.

Nearly forgot... also picked up some comic supplies (http://i31.tinypic.com/29l035x.jpg):

100 Silver Age Comic Bags
100 Golden Age Comic Bags

250 sheets of acid-free 110-lb. Cardstock (I make my own backer boards).

What else...

A Fram oil filter for the car...

and ooh, and a 208-count box of Zip-Lock bags (double zipper too!) from the warehouse club for $11. Use 'em for food and LEGO.

Ando
07-10-2009, 02:46 PM
-Hailfire Droid+Spider Droid and Count Dook Solar Sailer LEGO sets for the wife and we got a gold minifig keychain free with the purchase.

pbarnard
07-10-2009, 02:56 PM
A local video store decided it was going to have a total liquidation sale yesterday so for $25 total: Desperauex, Wall-e, Mamma Mia, and SW: The Clone Wars (2008).

Also, for $25 total at same sale: Tiger Woods Gold 2008 and Mario Bros Super Smash Brawl for Wii.

figrin bran
07-11-2009, 01:28 AM
DCUC Shazam (Captain Marvel)
Wolverine and the X-Men Logan in grey shirt on clearance for $5.60 at Target.

Kidhuman
07-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Picked up the AOTC wave sans Obi-Wan

pbarnard
07-11-2009, 10:17 PM
ROC Scarlet Desert Ambush (the black suit/long hair)

Hallmark Ornament Han Solo in Stormtrooper
Hallmark Ornament Greedo
Hallmark Ornament Baby's First Christmas Photo insert

Chico Sahara Travel System
Summer Mother's Touch Large Comfort Bather (baby sale at TRU/BRU online coupons, instore etc)

Ando
07-13-2009, 11:12 AM
- Y Wing LEGO set (gift from the wife... full back story in the LEGO thread).

- UCS LEGO Death Star (joint anniversary gift for me and the wife).

- LEGO Sep. Shuttle.

- Hasbro Republic Fighter Tank.

- LEGO Republic Fighter Tank (back in stock after all these months!).

- LEGO Mini Fig Magnet 3 pack with Boba Fett, Slave Leia, and Imperial Guard.

- Another LEGO gold Mini Fig keychain.

JediTricks
07-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Titanium Clone Wars Y-wing - big help from someone on this! Nice packaging, but the ship itself doesn't look like much just sitting behind the bubble, it takes really handling it to fully appreciate. Very swooshable, very nice work, good paint too. No movable cockpit despite packaging claim. Movable landing gear tho'.

mtriv73
07-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Darth Vader's Tie Fighter Kite from Target on clearance for $17 and change. Now I need a windy day...

Ando
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
- 4th and final Republic Fighter Tank last night at Target for $19.99.

Now I need to wait out the Geonosis Assault BP's to get turrets and pilots.

JetsAndHeels
07-16-2009, 12:49 AM
GI Joe movie items:

Destro, Scarlett, Ice Viper, Mole Pod w/Terra Viper.

Also picked up a couple Transformers ROTF dog tags...got Optimus and Sideswipe.

Ji'dai
07-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Hasbro sent me a replacement Jawa & WED Droid today.

DarthQuack
07-16-2009, 05:30 PM
2 Man-at-Arms figures from Mattycollector. They sold out in 41 minutes!

JediTricks
07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Clone Wars figures:

41st Elite Clone Trooper - decent, green stripes aren't too offensive. The big gun is very cool, and as a missile launcher it's RIDICULOUSLY powerful. Nice basic set.

Mace Windu - also decent, but simplistic outfit sculpt and paint keep it from being "better than". Articulation doesn't get in the way of the sculpt, figure can stand, looks accurate. Snap-on armor is a little bulky and doesn't match non-removable forearm armor color. Action gimmick isn't too offensive, figure can ratchet waist sideways 1 click either way.

Admiral Yularen - very thin, can't stand on his own unless he's leaning forward, but accurate-looking. Has a holster that works quite well and is nicely removable. Figure is a pack-in for the holo-com table, which is very very cool and fairly sizable, a good height and uses translucent blue for the surface. There's a separate tiny holo-Obi-Wan to go with it.

Blue2th
07-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Already bought the Hoth Rebel Trooper but got the rest of the Legacy ESB wave the other day.

Leia
Luke
Emperor
Ugnaught
Captain Needa

JetsAndHeels
07-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Afternoon haul:

GIJoe ROC Duke (Reactive Armor)
Storm Shadow Battler
Snake Eyes Battler

2 more Transformers ROTF Dog Tags

Ji'dai
07-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Afternoon haul:

Storm Shadow Battler
Snake Eyes Battler
Surely you jest.

---

I picked up a couple of LEGO sets at TRU: Tractor & Sports Car (http://i25.tinypic.com/6hhsbc.jpg). The tractor was 25% off.

JetsAndHeels
07-17-2009, 04:47 PM
No, I don't jest. I bought them.

JediTricks
07-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Sandisk Sansa Clip 4gb silver - impulse buy off ebay for $25. I just couldn't fit everything I wanted on the 1gb I have, and the silver looks really nice. Updating the firmware was easy, and I got all my driving music in there without filling it up. Still teeny tiny, still has a removable clip, still has a 15 hour battery, still has a multi-color 4-line LED screen, FM stereo, and voice recorder. Swanky! I'm going to sell the 1gb after I get back from SDCC, probably won't get more than $15 but that's alright.

Replacement 12" Sideshow Vader - none of the paint problems, and the helmet sits lower on the brow. Vest-skirt arm holes are sewed smaller which is kind of a problem though as it won't go over the armor as accurately as my first one, but I'm thinking of just putting it under the armor and going ESB with this guy. I'm not sure what my final grade is yet, but I am thinking the "A- if money is no object, B if that's a factor to you" is likely to stick as it's still too big and not accurate to ANH in a few ways.

Kidhuman
07-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Picked up Obi-Wan from the AOTC wave to complete it sans the repacks.

JetsAndHeels
07-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Picked up Obi-Wan from the AOTC wave to complete it sans the repacks.

Awesome fig, congrats.

pbarnard
07-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Yesterday got Invasion of Cobra Island 7 Pack for 25th GI Joe from BBTS.

Ji'dai
07-22-2009, 04:46 PM
150 8-1/2 x 11 Sheet protectors
30 5 x 7 photo sheet holders

I scanned all my vintage Kenner Star Wars instructions and inserts and am putting them into plastic protectors, maybe later put them in a 3-ring binder. I put the modern instructions in them too, and am thinking about doing the same with my vintage GI Joe instructions.

Ji'dai
07-24-2009, 11:46 AM
30 4 x 6 photo sheets

I'm in the process of scanning all my vintage SW mini-catalogs and putting them into these protectors.

Kidhuman
07-24-2009, 07:25 PM
TFU Video game at Target for 12.98

TeeEye7
07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
A new car payment.

Ji'dai
07-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Received two more Indiana Jones Crystal Skeletons with throne in the mail today. Sent in the redemption forms Dec. 30 :rolleyes:

LTBasker
07-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Recent haul:
Star Wars Titanium Xanadu Blood x1
Star Wars Titanium Hyena Bomber x1
Star Wars Titanium Clone Wars Y-Wing x1
Star Trek DST Wrath of Khan Series 2 set (Spock/Kirk/Saavik/Uhura) x1
Star Trek communicator chirp mp3 for my phone (I found that it can be set to play a tone when you open it :D)

Pending hauls:
Star Trek DST First Contact Data x2
Star Trek Hot Wheels Spacedock-construction Enterprise x1 (friend picked it up for me)

figrin bran
07-27-2009, 10:15 PM
From HTS, 2 TFU Stormtrooper Commanders

Now I need to figure out exactly what was in my Comic Con haul...

Ji'dai
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Major LEGO haul today (http://i26.tinypic.com/2ccmgld.jpg) - UPS delivered five of the six sets I ordered last Friday:

Space Police (tiny impulse sets)
8399 K9-Bot
8400 Space Speeder

Star Wars
6212 X-Wing Fighter (Wedge's ship)
10188 Death Star (this station is now the ultimate power in the universe...)
10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker (Clone Wars)

figrin bran
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Alright at Comic Con,

I got:

A ton of free posters, some from Hasbro
2 x JLU Green Lantern set
Buzz Lightyear Mattel exclusive
Back to the Future minimates
Batman Beyond logo t-shirt
A Clone Wars photo signed by Matt Lanter, James Arnold Taylor, Ashley Eckstein
front row seat at the Hasbro SW panel thanks to SirSteve, JediTricks, Tycho and El Chuxter.

Ando
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Major LEGO haul today (http://i26.tinypic.com/2ccmgld.jpg) - UPS delivered five of the six sets I ordered last Friday:

Space Police (tiny impulse sets)
8399 K9-Bot
8400 Space Speeder

Star Wars
6212 X-Wing Fighter (Wedge's ship)
10188 Death Star (this station is now the ultimate power in the universe...)
10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker (Clone Wars)

Woohoo! You're gonna be BUSY! Have fun with those Star Wars sets!

Yesterday I picked up 2 Terminator T-RIP's and a Aerial Hunter Killer. All on clearance at 50% off from Target. I've had my eye on these since they first hit the shelves and liked the looks of them, but didn't want to pay full price. I opened the HK. That thing is *barely* worth the $9.99 that I paid for it. The T-RIP's are still on the cards. Those might end up as gifts or diorama fodder WAY down the road.

Also, there was almost no SW stuff on the shelves and it looks like they're starting their reset for fall/winter, so hopefully the new stuff is going to be available soon.

pbarnard
07-29-2009, 12:22 PM
My patience from Mypoints paid off...gots me Amazon gift card and a whole bunch of SW books, all the Jedi Exiles (one to be shipped next month), Legacy vols 4 & 5.

Than BBTS clearance for 25th Aniv GI Joe Vipers arrived. Also 2 agent Helix and Pit Commandos found on the pegs after I took the wife to the airport yesterday.

TeeEye7
07-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Exclusive Hallmark Greedo ornament, thanks to Bel-Cam Jos! :thumbsup:

BCJ: A gentleman and a scholar!

DarthQuack
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Just waiting for my complete series set of G.I. Joe to arrive....

In a footlocker no less! :thumbsup:

sergiurusu
07-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Predator 2 1:1 dart

Blue2th
07-31-2009, 12:38 PM
At Target today:

Clone Wars:

Ashoka
Mace Windu
Commander Gree
Cad Bane

Ji'dai
07-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Woohoo! You're gonna be BUSY! Have fun with those Star Wars sets! I will! And the ranks of my Republic and Separatist forces were bolstered by these LEGO Clone Wars battle packs (http://i27.tinypic.com/2pqw6rp.jpg) I got today:

8014 Clone Walker
8015 Assassin Droids

My Kmart raised prices on LEGO sometime over the last seven days but these were still MSRP ($9.99) so I snatched them up.

Ando
07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
I will! And the ranks of my Republic and Separatist forces were bolstered by these LEGO Clone Wars battle packs (http://i27.tinypic.com/2pqw6rp.jpg) I got today:

8014 Clone Walker
8015 Assassin Droids

My Kmart raised prices on LEGO sometime over the last seven days but these were still MSRP ($9.99) so I snatched them up.

Those are such a great value! I got 2 of those a few months back and I want to get some more soon.