PDA

View Full Version : Centurions

Maradona
07-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Has anyone been watching the Centurions reruns on Boomerang? These began airing about a month ago and around half of the series' 65 episodes have passed. I set my DVR to record the shows years ago, when a few episodes aired randomly. I never removed it from my DVR's to do list. To my utter surprise, when I checked my list of recently recorded programming, I found new episodes. So purely by accident, I have 30+ episodes. It's on at 3:30pm PST.

Today's episode, "Firebird," bore an uncanny resemblance to the story in Indy IV.

JediTricks
07-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Never watched 1 episode, but I dug the toys.

JimJamBonds
07-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Nope don't remember the show, just fired up the Youtube machine and watched a bit... seems pretty crusty.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Had some of the comic books, too. The toys were carp, but the concept was great: you had a suit that allowed you to add on features, weapons, items, etc. to fight some villain or survive a rough environment. But the main villain, that guy in red, looked dorky.

Maradona
07-02-2009, 09:14 PM
If you look at the show, the version of the future is quite cool, despite the main villain, Doc Terror, being too strange/silly to inspire credibility. The episodes have storylines that have popped up in other cartoon shows. There was one where one of the Centurions had to infiltrate an underground cybernetic prize fighting circuit. It reminded me of the Justice League Unlimited episode with Wildcat in the underground super powered fighting circuit.

2-1B
07-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Nope don't remember the show, just fired up the Youtube machine and watched a bit... seems pretty crusty.

Agreed on the crust factor.

I watched a clip and they did the Star Trek beaming, so that was cool.