PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe figure sets released, sighted

JediTricks
07-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Your humble reporter, me, found these at 2 different stores today, here's the photo and news:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2223

$18 for these repaints is a joke and a half, at least the Crab Droid gets painted eyes this time though.

jonthejedi
07-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Someone found them(and left them) at a MD TRU also). And at $18@...yathink??!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Hopefully they'll be cheaper at Target and Walmart, but I'm not betting on it.

El Chuxter
07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
$15.99 MSRP is still way high.

Snowtrooper
07-02-2009, 02:53 PM
What a gip, especially for repaints. I'd consider $12.99 to be reasonable for this, but not $15.99. $17.99 is just plain ridiculous. They must not want to sell these very badly.

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 01:28 AM
These are a joke at any price over $10 considering they were ALL pegwarmers back in the day.

Snowtrooper
07-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Your're right, of course. But with standard figures selling for close to $8, theres no way they're going to price the deluxe line lower than $10.

DarkArtist
07-03-2009, 04:30 PM
so looking forward to finding the clone sets at retail. want the jetpack troopers and the Gunship gunners really bad.

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Your're right, of course. But with standard figures selling for close to $8, theres no way they're going to price the deluxe line lower than $10.Perhaps, but then they shouldn't have vomited out 4 crappy repaints to inaugurate the line.

clone157
07-05-2009, 03:44 PM
That is a lot for these repaints. Why not blue troopers for the jet packs like in the movie? Why no Jango jetpacks? We know that we are gonna see pics of AT-RTs at comic con, but I wonder if they will have ARF drivers. We need something new. Why is Hasbro not looking at this like the Joe line from back in the '80s/90's. This is a great time for accessory packs/training packs to flesh out the world of the clones! I'm ready for more imaginative mini rigs.

clone157
08-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Found these at Targets today. I am starting to see the new plano-grams being set which feature the Turbo Tank and the new ARC-170.

Blue2th
08-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I saw some of these at TRU the other day.
Is it just me or is the paint not as good as the original ones that came out for ROTS?
The Crab Droid and the Cancell just don't look as good as the original ROTS ones. I'm glad I got them when I did, and at a lower price with better paint apps.

I haven't seen the Clones with Jet packs yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I've seen and purchased the Turbo Tank Support Squad, BARC Speeder, and Jetpack clones. I've also seen Anakin but am likely passing since nothing's really that new here.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Saw these at Target yesterday, but they didn't have the clones (other than the one with the speeder bike). I didn't notice what the price was. My arms were full of Turbo Tank, so I passed on them. If I see the clones, I'll definitely get the ones that go with the Turbo Tank.

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 02:07 PM
I saw some of these at TRU the other day.
Is it just me or is the paint not as good as the original ones that came out for ROTS?
The Crab Droid and the Cancell just don't look as good as the original ROTS ones. I'm glad I got them when I did, and at a lower price with better paint apps.

I haven't seen the Clones with Jet packs yet.The Crab Droid paint is at least as good as the original version, which isn't saying ANYTHING since that thing's paint sucked. I think this new one is better, but not $7 better.

GeonosisJedi
08-07-2009, 11:01 PM
So far, I have seen the Can-cell, BARC speeder, and the crab droid
and I just purchased the Scout Tank and the Jetpack troopers.
The scout tank is a cool repaint, as are the Jetpack troopers.

Has anyone seen the Turbo Tank Gunner crew yet? If so, what store?
Id love to get them for my Turbo Tank.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2009, 11:28 PM
So far, I have seen the Can-cell, BARC speeder, and the crab droid
and I just purchased the Scout Tank and the Jetpack troopers.
The scout tank is a cool repaint, as are the Jetpack troopers.

Has anyone seen the Turbo Tank Gunner crew yet? If so, what store?
Id love to get them for my Turbo Tank.
I got them at Walmart, and I'm pretty sure I saw them at a Target as well, so they're out there (but the first wave is still more abundant).

Ji'dai
08-08-2009, 07:31 AM
I've seen the Tank Gunner crew at Walmart, Target, and TRU. Haven't seen Dooku or the Crab Droid.

Kidhuman
08-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I saw a few at Target. Not a bad buy for a mini vehicle and figure.

GeonosisJedi
08-08-2009, 09:13 AM
I got them at Walmart, and I'm pretty sure I saw them at a Target as well, so they're out there (but the first wave is still more abundant).

Alright, thanks...Ill have to check some more stores out, but at least I know that they are out.

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
The jet packs are just the wing packs from the ROTJ figure, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
The jet packs are just the wing packs from the ROTJ figure, right?
If by ROTJ you mean ROTS, then yes, but with a different paint scheme. (I actually still don't have that ROTS figure.)

JediTricks
08-20-2009, 06:13 PM
No, I mean ROTJ! :D

Yeah, it's the same.

clone157
08-24-2009, 12:58 AM
If by ROTJ you mean ROTS, then yes, but with a different paint scheme. (I actually still don't have that ROTS figure.)

Do these guys have the swivel elbows? Gosh, I hope not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Do these guys have the swivel elbows? Gosh, I hope not.
The CW figures with jetpacks are modified versions of the regular clone, with the same articulation. The only major differences are the hole in their backs for the jetpack (which is different than on Denal, oddly) and the fact that they're molded in some weird, off-white plastic, which gives them a worn look. I was saying the jetpacks are the same as the ROTS release; the figure is more or less the standard CW clone.

Blue2th
08-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I was looking at those today and yeah the white plastic is weird. Almost a little translucent. Reminds me of the plastic on the old POTF2 Stormtroopers. Like they were skimping on the white dye (probably titanium) when they mixed it up to mold these particular figures.