PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Movie Toys

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tycho
07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I just saw them for my first time yesterday in Target.

They had all the figures they were showing on the back of the cards.

Baroness looked sort of anorexic, but that could just be me. I think her glasses are removeable.

I really liked an unmasked figure of Stormshadow - both figures of him look quite nice. Do you ever see what Snakeyes looks like beneath his mask?
His figure was cool, too.

They only had mini-vehicles for Joe out. The older Joe line had larger toys like planes and such. But I'm sure more movie stuff is coming. It was interesting and compared with other Joe figures, I didn't thought this line looked good overall. But it's not the best Joe has ever done, by far. Older figures look more colorful and thicker and better designed.

El Chuxter
07-07-2009, 09:24 AM
There's actually been some discussion in the all-purpose GIJoe thread, but the name does seem to indicate it's only the 25th Anniversary line, so I can understand if you didn't see it.

There are more figures than are shown on the cardback, but stores don't seem to be consistent about what's out. Or they could've been picked through. I know I only wanted Shipwreck out of the figures who are out now (since the figure is close to his modernized, "non-Village People" look aside from the armored torso), and he looked to be only one per case, so it's possible the more heavily produced figures were all that remained at your Target.

The Target I went to had three of the four larger vehicles (I'm guessing on the fourth since it was on the checklist). They were overpriced (especially the miniaturized Night Raven at $50--that thing looks smaller than the $25 Rattler and Conquest from earlier this year), but they all looked like they'd be worth getting on clearance, especially since the pilots are the only Cobras who would fit in with the 25th Anniversary line. There's also a Pit playset/vehicle that is no way worth $100, but is sweet enough that I'd get it on sale in a heartbeat; it's got lots of cool vintage nods worked in.

And, though I have no idea what the deal will be in the movie (where it's rumored he merely took a vow of silence and wasn't severely burned), we have seen Snake Eyes' face. Prior to major reconstructive surgery, he was one ugly fella, but I guess taking the brunt of a helicopter explosion with your face will do that to you....

Tycho
07-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Dude! He kind of looks like Chuck Norris!

pbarnard
07-07-2009, 03:02 PM
The scale of the vehicles won't change much. The "larger" vehicles of the 80s are gone. You're going to have these midsized hybrids passing themselves off as Larger vehicles now. While there is some recycling, there's the Armadillo tank, Ferret 4-wheeler, and even the Ice Saber from the Joe vs Cobra lines coming back in the ~$15 range.

The figures for the most part are just new sculpts and parts based off what has been seen in the GI Joe line for the past 3 years with the 25th Anniversary/Resolute line.

JetsAndHeels
07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I saw a 12 inch Cobra Commander earlier at Target. Holy hell, what an ugly piece of junk!!

It was bad enough when I first saw the regular sized figure, but this one is just awful.

I did buy a regular size Storm Shadow, however.

bigbarada
07-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I think my Walmart is boycotting the movie, they haven't put out a single figure yet.

figrin bran
07-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Baroness's glasses are removable but I advise that you don't do so. The face is quite manly and wrinkled!

Blue2th
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I saw the figures at Target. They're not too bad. The vehicles though meh.
I ended up buying a Bravo Team A1 Abrams 1:18 Tank on clearance for $20.
They were clearing out the large realistic military vehicles. They do take up a lot of shelf space and are right next to the GI Joe section.

I dunno, looking at the little Armadillo kiddie car tank, then looking at the huge Abrams, It didn't take much of a decision. Good thing Target cleared them out or sales might suffer for the Joe vehicles IMO.

Duke looked like he had on Desert Storm fatigues, complete with night scope on his helmet. I might pick him up just to go with the tan Abrams I just got.

Destro looked pretty close to his Resolute outfit.

Some custom applications possibilites with these Joe figures.

Ji'dai
07-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I think my Walmart is boycotting the movie, they haven't put out a single figure yet. Official street date is still July 10. I'm not going to waste my time looking for this stuff until then because the stores here are usually pretty strict about release dates.

Darth Jax
07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
it's all over at the target i stopped in today. gonna have to pass on most of this til it hits clearance. toys are just getting to be too expensive to pay full price.

figrin bran
07-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I hear that TRU will have a 2 for $10 sale on figures in 2 weeks.

Tycho
07-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I was at Toys R Us just a little while ago. They have it all out and I saw the larger vehicles. It's OK. I'd buy Joe stuff if I didn't buy other toy lines.

RooJay
07-08-2009, 02:01 AM
It does seem like we could have kept this discussion with the 25th thread, but anyway:

Picked up "Reactive Impact Armor" Duke and Scarlet today, along with Sgt. Stone (why is this guy not Flint?!) unmasked Stormshadow, trench coat Snake Eyes, and Firefly. All in all pretty good figures. The head sculpt on Duke is a little funky - I went and swapped it with the head from the series one Duke, which is much better looking. The helmet of the series one figure is now neatly obscuring the less appealing head sculpt. Series two Snake Eyes is much better looking than the basic, Series one version - he's got no mouth, for one thing. Reactive Armor Scarlet has a much nice head sculpt than the Series one version as well, and I do really like the design and sculpt of the body. The unmasked Stormshadow is another great looking figure with cool accessories in general - all except for the weird suction cup with handlebars thingie. I have no idea what this is, or what it's supposed to be used for, but I guess there are some kids out there who would like to imagine Stormshadow driving the fridge around as a means of transportation. Firefly is another big winner, in my opinion, but he is basically a repaint of one of the earlier Firefly figures from the 25th Anniversary line after all. Sgt. Stone - being that he's actually the movie version of Flint (and will henceforth be known as "Movie Flint" as far as I'm concerned) is a pretty nicely executed, if fairly basic figure. Flint was always my favorite anyway, so I just had to have him, and I think he does a pretty good job a s Flint's stand-in - I even admit that I think he makes a slightly better Flint overall, than either of the 25th Anniversary versions. I might even use him to customize a better version of the classic Flint!
The Target around the corner from my house also had 'Jellyfish' Commander and Barbecue, but I decided to hold off until payday (rent was due this week!) Yes, I intend to buy Jellyfish Commander - who else will command my Jellyfish legions, otherwise? He makes for one hell of a crappy Cobra Commander, but I have no problem adding him to my ranks, and just pretending he's another character.

El Chuxter
07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
I still can't believe the Vipers are designed in such a way that they wouldn't make good army builders. They look like anorexic Range Vipers.

JetsAndHeels
07-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I want the unmasked Storm Shadow. Hopefully Wal Mart will have a few once they put them out later this week.

pbarnard
07-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm waiting for the TRU sale. Hopefully there'll be a Reactive Armor Scarlet or two to purchase.

I've seen some people on joeboards say they're going to use the Cobra Commander/Doctor figure as Cesspool or even "Battle damaged Snake Eyes".

RooJay
07-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm waiting for the TRU sale. Hopefully there'll be a Reactive Armor Scarlet or two to purchase.

I've seen some people on joeboards say they're going to use the Cobra Commander/Doctor figure as Cesspool or even "Battle damaged Snake Eyes".

Jellyfish Commander, I said. Jellyfish...Commander.

figrin bran
07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Whooooaaaa, Jellyman!!!

(Finding Nemo reference)

Phantom-like Menace
07-10-2009, 12:27 AM
So far I've only picked up Storm Shadow. I really don't like the figure as Storm Shadow, but as a generic Cobra ninja he'll do. I loathe the fact that he's carrying a gun. I guess they thought Storm Shadow is cool, so Storm Shadow with a gun is even cooler.:rolleyes: I want the unmasked version, but I'm not sure I want to spend all day sifting through figures looking for one who doesn't look like he's falling asleep or daydreaming.

I may break down and grab a Snake-Eyes, but I still hate the muscle sculpt on his body. The Ice Viper is pretty cool, and I may grab the Ferret (which hopefully will open the door for a 25th reissue when that relaunches).

I'll almost certainly grab a Scarlett and maybe a Cover Girl, but I really don't have much interest in the other figures.

Darth Jax
07-10-2009, 08:53 AM
i'm still looking for a heavy duty that doesn't look retarded or drunk. everyone i've seen has horrible paint apps for the eyes. he's either cross-eyed, rolling his eyes at the ceiling or zombiefied and lacking any coloration for the eyes.

was sure i'd want baroness and covergirl until i saw the poor sculpting with them.

mtriv73
07-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I got the Snake-eyes Paris figure (with cloak) and the Scarlett with her hair down (to make into a Mara Jade figure.) The only Baroness I saw looked horrible and I really couldn't care less about most of the rest. I may pick up a few to do head swaps with, but that's about it.

The good news is Target has them for 6.99 instead of the 7.99 TRU wants for them. I also saw the conquest x-30 and rattler target exclusives for $6.24 each last night but passed on them.

pbarnard
07-10-2009, 11:02 AM
If you go to Wal-mart on the "alleged" street date to drop of scripts and walk the 100 feet or so over to the toy section and there is no GI Joe ROC out, is it really a toyline at all that will last?

El Chuxter
07-10-2009, 11:19 AM
The Target where I found Shipwreck (still the only place I've seen any) had them for $7.99.

Ji'dai
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
One WM here didn't have anything so I went to the other one. They had the Combat Heroes, 12", and role-play out but no figures. The toy guy went in the back and brought out an island display with the figs, mini-vehicles, and pre-school battler figures. Basic figures at WM were $7.88.

Shipwreck looked pretty good actually, more realistic than the classic version. I thought Cover Girl looked alright, but I don't care for the camo fatigues. I'm not thrilled about the way Camo Scarlett looked either. And the Baroness' face is pretty bad as many have mentioned. Masked SS looked good, but I have so many SEs that I'm not buying any more.

I didn't see Scarlett with her hair down or Cobra Commander.

TRU had the Night Raven, Hummer, and Jet. The Hummer actually looked pretty sweet. I might get that if TRU has a sale closer to the movie release.

I do not like the body armor on some of these figures, too futuristic, too much like Robocop. If this is what the movie is going to feature, I'll wait until the library gets the DVD.

Mvader91
07-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Target in Indy has them for 6.99.

JetsAndHeels
07-10-2009, 03:07 PM
My local WalMart has not put out any of the new movie figures as of about an hour ago. Went to Target afterwards and they had a bunch more stuff out, including a few of the Cobra Commander figs. Yuck!!

If anyone here has purchased any of the cobra vipers, do you recommend them? I want the Elite Viper, but have yet to see him at retail.

pbarnard
07-10-2009, 07:32 PM
http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12858

The PIT Commando. Talk about accessories. I could go broke chasing this guy.

Darth Jax
07-10-2009, 09:37 PM
while i may regret it later i won't be getting the PIT.

El Chuxter
07-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Having seen them at four Targets now, I can warn everyone to watch the prices. Two were $7.99 and two were $6.99.

I'm definitely going to get the renamed Ferret and Armadillo w/ Thunder, but, again, on sale. These toys are just a tad overpriced compared to their 25th Anniversary counterparts. That Armadillo, the Air Chariot, and two figures (one repaint, one partly new) retailed for $2 less than the ROC Armadillo with a repainted/kitbashed figure!!

I sort of dig the Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes, with the cape and Timber. Storm Shadow might find a place as a generic Cobra ninja in my ranks sometime, too, if he drops in price.

RooJay
07-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Anyone else find it ridiculous that the only way Hasbro thought of to attach the mask to 'Jellyfish' Commander's head was to put a peg hole right in the middle of his forehead under the transparent plastic? What'd they run out of glue?!

figrin bran
07-11-2009, 07:50 PM
All of my local Targets have reduced the figures to $6.99 now.

I thought about getting Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes as well but held off on it.

RUSHBOY
07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Anyone find the PP snake Eyes with grey timber variant ?
All the ones I've seen so far have the black timber in them !! :sad:

Darth Jax
07-11-2009, 09:50 PM
SE PP is the only fig i haven't seen.

JetsAndHeels
07-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Got the PP Snake Eyes today...its better than the regular Snake Eyes by leaps and bounds.

Phantom-like Menace
07-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Yeah, if you're waffling on getting Snake-Eyes in the muscle-sclupted body suit, PP Snake-Eyes doesn't have that crap, and the trench coat is a new look for the character. I grabbed one and am pretty happy with it.

I grabbed Scarlett, but she's pretty meh. I keep thinking it looks like Baroness went redhead.

And I went through all the figures to find one acceptable unmasked Storm Shadow. It's still not perfect, but it was good enough. I am happy to get some 3 3/4" scale sais, and I may pick up another figure to donate them to Deadpool.

El Chuxter
07-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Looks like the larger vehicles (like the Cobra Hummer) are on sale at TRU this week. $5 off, might be time to get one.

If TRU does that sale you mentioned on figures, figgy, I think I'll pick up a Shipwreck there and take it back to TRU. I can always get a Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes. Or maybe some newer character like Helix or Monkeywrench might show up early.

I'd get Cover Girl since they didn't make her in classic style, but she's so far removed from the original and doesn't look like anyone else.

I just checked the picture of the Pit Commando. With that hat and basic sculpt, isn't he just screaming, "Make me into 'Nam Snake Eyes"?

Darth Jax
07-12-2009, 12:48 PM
i found me a PP SE today - yay. also picked up an ice viper

El Chuxter
07-13-2009, 12:10 AM
The TRU near me had about one foot of the front Transformers 2 display devoted to GIJoe. It looked like one case of small vehicles, one case of figures, a few PITs, and some random odds and ends (like Combat Heroes) were put there. When I asked, they said they hadn't put them out since they were "low priority." This despite some of them being in their ad today!

I have yet to see a WM that has any, either. This really does not bode well for Monkeywrench and the like.

pbarnard
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I have yet to see a WM that has any, either. This really does not bode well for Monkeywrench and the like.

There are only a handful of things I saw were some of the Wal-mart comic packs. I'm already thinking of swapping a Wild Bill head on the Monkeywrench.

Wave 3 suprises already coming in. I'm thinking Helix is a good base for an updated Zarana (Zandar gets the shaft again). The other thing is I'm glad we'll be able to get a Gen Hawk seperate from the PITT (and with a Resolute glider too boot), and the pleasant suprise is the PITT Commando (well more it's accessories).

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Is the Elite Viper short packed? The reason I ask is I have yet to see one anywhere, and the figures are very plentiful (except that one) in my local stores.

pbarnard
07-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Which case/wave is that supposed to be in? Added to the confusion of no true street date or hype is that waves are being released with no rhyme or reason.

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I believe he is in the same wave as Sgt. Stone, Cover Girl, etc...

pbarnard
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
http://generalsjoes.com/g-i-joe-the-rise-of-cobra-toy-superpage/

Wave 3 (or whatever). It is the Helix/Hawk/PITT Commando, which is really spotty right now.

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for your help with that. I'm not necessarily hunting this figure to the point where I am driving from town to town looking for it, but I want it.

pbarnard
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Rough rule of thumb, if it is on Hasbrotoyshop.com's "coming soon" list, probably not at retail yet (or shouldn't be). But as Chux has pointed out, hasbro not giving a carp about this line atm, you could see something that isn't on any list and it wouldn't suprise anyone either.

I have noted in 1 week, Covergirl has completely sold out from stuff I found the on the 4th of July weekend.

El Chuxter
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Funny, PB, I was just about to post that list as I found it five minutes ago when hunting for a checklist. Even dedicated Joe sites don't seem to know quite what's going on.

Looking over the list, I might be getting slightly more than originally anticipated:

COLLECTION 1, WAVE 1:
Baroness (possibly--for customizing)
Storm Shadow (possibly--for customizing)
Neo-Viper (if they go on clearance)

COLLECTION 1, WAVE 2:
Snake Eyes: Paris Pursuit (possibly)
Ice Viper (possibly)
Scarlett: Desert Ambush (possibly--for customizing)

COLLECTION 2, WAVE 1:
Shipwreck (already have)
Scarlett: Covert Ops (possibly--for customizing)
Viper Commando (if they go on clearance)

COLLECTION 2, WAVE 2:
none

COLLECTION 1, WAVE 3:
Baroness: Paris Pursuit (possibly--for customizing)
Rex Lewis (possibly--he looks like he would make a fine generic Cobra support crew guy with a different head, or if that mask is removeable)
Cobra Para-Viper (is this one even different from the 25th version?)

COLLECTION 2, WAVE 3:
Helix (most likely, but not 100% sure)
Pit Commando (possibly)
Eel (maybe--can't see too well in this pic)

VEHICLES:
Armadillo with Thunder Armored Panther with Sgt Thunderblast
Ferret Snake Trax ATV with Scrap-Iron
Cobra Gunship with Firefly
Cobra Steel Crusher with Nitro-Viper
Mini-Night Raven (if it goes on sale)
The Pit (if it goes on major clearance)

EXCLUSIVES:
WM Shockblast vs Night Creeper
WM Tunnel Rat vs Monkeywrench (really? a damned 2-pack with another Larry Hama figure?)
Rhino with Rampage (maybe--the purple coloration looks like dung)
Eel with Wave Crusher
Air Viper Commando with Cobra CLAW (can't have too many of those!)
maybe, but not likely, the Grand Slam figure with vehicle doodad
can't see the Senior Officers 3-packs well enough to decide
maybe the Barbecue, but, cool as he looks in yellow, do I need two?

Possible future releases:
whatever that Viper with the Junkyard repaint is... Cobra Dog Handler? Too awesome for words!
Tiger Claw with Leatherneck (if he's got the green coloring going on, with a matching cap or helmet)
maybe the Mantis and Snarler, depending on how they look
Snow Cat, even if it ends up coming with freaking POTJ Cantina Han Solo!
Fury with Alley-Viper
possibly the Dragonhawk with (ugh, another one?) Wild Bill

BTW, whatever happened to the supposed "MARS Troopers" three-pack that was rumored to be a "sneak preview" set?

pbarnard
07-13-2009, 05:14 PM
The rumored vehicles list, I'm totally passing on. Why would I want to buy a thing I didn't buy during the SpyTroops/Valor vs. Venom line? Paraviper the exact same as 25th version. They're already making battle packs out of the troopers and some of the single cards. If they go less than 7.99 a figure in those, REVOLUTION!!! Storm the CASTLE GATES!!!!

Now people on the joe boards are trying to tell me what a great job Hasbro has done with this line. I'm like, sure, if the retailer has a clue. If not, BUNGLED TO NO END.

The MARS trooper set ended up being a Hasbro exclusive.

El Chuxter
07-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Holy crap, $25 for three figures, plus shipping? To heck with that. I'm sure they'll wind up somewhere in some form. The picture is really small, but they look like they use some Resolute parts in there.

Guess I'll be passing on the Para-Viper, if it's not even a color difference. I've got two and don't need three. Unless I can come up with something that needs the parts.

I passed on pretty much everything from the VvV line aside from some of the figures. So I can use any of the vehicles if I like them. My old Snow Cat sure isn't in any condition to display, but it's got sentimental value, so I don't want to make it look like it got hit by a rocket in a scene or anything.

(Speaking of VvV, I finally decided to incorporate at least the Cobras into my 25th Anniversary collection. The more crazy guys in masks with big guns, the better!)

RooJay
07-14-2009, 12:43 AM
I'd get Cover Girl since they didn't make her in classic style, but she's so far removed from the original and doesn't look like anyone else.

I'm already planning on using the movie Cover Girl to build a custom classic styled version. The jacket might be tough to swing, so I might just omit that part of her outfit.

pbarnard
07-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm already planning on using the movie Cover Girl to build a custom classic styled version. The jacket might be tough to swing, so I might just omit that part of her outfit.

But the "classic" Cover Gril in the MASS Device miniseries is a blonde, not red head.

pbarnard
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=12907&p=142070#p142070

SNAKE Armor and Cobra Jetpack make comebacks?

El Chuxter
07-14-2009, 01:32 PM
SNAKE Armor! Yes!! I've been wanting that, and don't care if it's black. It actually makes more sense than stark white on a battlefield. I plan to get at least two, assuming they're $10 or thereabouts.

RooJay
07-15-2009, 02:11 AM
But the "classic" Cover Gril in the MASS Device miniseries is a blonde, not red head.

Yes, sir. She sure was. Good thing the movie Cover Girl is blonde as well - saves me the trouble of painting her hair.

RooJay
07-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Saw the Ice Dagger with Frostbite at Target earlier this evening - I wasn't aware it was out yet. I didn't pick it up because I have spent WAY too much money on toys this week!

I also noticed that the Rockslide A.T.A.V. doesn't have any pictures of the figure riding it anywhere on the box. I suspect this is because it is a stupid looking vehicle, and the position of the rider makes it look even more so. I will be passing on the Rockslide A.T.A.V.

...that Night Raven is much cooler than I had expected, though! Glad I bought it!

El Chuxter
07-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Cover Girl couldn't decide on her hair color or style in the comic; it varied widely from issue to issue.

DarkArtist
07-15-2009, 06:29 PM
just placed an order on HTS for Cover Girl, Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, and Accelerator Suit Scarlett.

JetsAndHeels
07-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Picked up a few more ROC items today:

Destro
Scarlett (black outfit)
Ice Viper

Mole Pod w/ Terra Viper-A very cool toy for the $15.99 price point IMO. The next two vehicles I want are the Cobra Gunship and of course the Night Raven.

DarkArtist
07-17-2009, 11:27 AM
got my email from HTS stating that my order has shipped of Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, Cover Girl and Accelerator Suit Scarlett as well as Union Jack from Marvel Universe. hopefully should be at my door either tomorrow or Monday

pbarnard
07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Finally saw ROC at Wal-mart this morning. Of course, it was the same Case assortments that Target had on July 4 already devoid of Covergirls and Scarlets.

Ji'dai
07-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I saw Cobra Commander, Paris Pursuit SS, and Ice Viper at Kmart for the first time today. Not paying $9 a figure there. They had the Steel Crusher APV for $30. My Kmart had the PIT too. It's a lot like the vintage Mobile Command Center but not quite as nice looking.

The figure assortment WM is getting right now doesn't have the variety that you guys are seeing at Targets.

TRU's sale price on the Steel Crusher was tempting, but even $20 is too much. $15.. maybe. $10.. definitely.

El Chuxter
07-18-2009, 01:33 AM
I stopped by two WM's today. Both had more G-Force merchandise than ROC stuff. Given that G-Force practically has the ghost of Billy Mays chanting, "This movie is s***!" during every commercial, that's sad.

I did finally find a TRU that had the Coil Crusher and Gunship, though.

RooJay
07-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Are you implying that you believe Rise of Cobra will actually be better than even G-Force? I'd sooner pay to see the latter than the former.

El Chuxter
07-18-2009, 11:45 AM
No. But, were I a retailer, I'd put more stake in GIJoe as a sales success than G-Force... unless I knew something about the low quality of it months ago when placing orders.

DarkArtist
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
just picked up Scarlett in Accelerator Suit, Cobra Commander, and Cover Girl (gonna try and customize her and Scarlett alittle and see what i can come up with.)

Cobra Commander is a wierd figure but i think he would be great background fodder for perhaps a Mindbender Lab or a Cantina dio.

DarkArtist
07-18-2009, 03:19 PM
just got my HTS order of Scarlett Accelerator Suit, Cover Girl, Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and Marvel Universe Union Jack.

figrin bran
07-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Movie figs are 2 for 9.99 this week at TRU.

Alpha vehicles are 13.99.

El Chuxter
07-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Time to get Thunder, the Ferret, maybe a Mole Pod, and some custom fodder figures!

I just wish I could find my receipt for Shipwreck, which is, for some reason, the only receipt from the last month that isn't filed away appropriately. :(

figrin bran
07-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I got Flash from Target this afternoon. Also spotted Helix, Hawk and Crimson Viper.

El Chuxter
07-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I scored the Armadillo and Ferret (or whatever they're called) today at TRU. Also broke down and got the Mole Pod, which looks pretty decent and is the kind of silly vehicle Cobra would've used in the mid-to-late 80s. I actually dig the Croc Master repaint "Terra Viper" pilot.

But leave it to TRU to advertise figures and have pretty much nothing. I did see and pass on Barbecue--no matter how nice the yellow scheme is, unless they gave him a removable helmet, I couldn't justify another one.

El Chuxter
07-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I opened the three vehicles I got yesterday. They're not worth even $13.99. For starters, the figures aren't scaled properly to them--even the brand new Mole Pod, which is pretty ridiculous. The stickers are a fiasco. Some instructions call for stickers that aren't there, others include stickers not on the instructions. All require stickers in insanely difficult places.

Worst, the figures have no accessories. Not even stands. Their filecards list weapons of choice, only, uh, no weapons. This is worst with Scrap-Iron, who has an empty knife sheath (always a sore thumb). Scrap-Iron also appears to have a mask that's a separate piece from the head, but it's attached in such a way that I can't figure out if it's actually removeable.

El Chuxter
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Triple post! Bite me, Grimlock!!

I'm thinking of picking up a Ripcord figure (for the head) and a Destro body (for the suit) and making a sweet custom Billy Ocean. Anyone know if Recondo's hat is going to see a re-release soon?

pbarnard
07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I opened the three vehicles I got yesterday. They're not worth even $13.99. For starters, the figures aren't scaled properly to them--even the brand new Mole Pod, which is pretty ridiculous. The stickers are a fiasco. Some instructions call for stickers that aren't there, others include stickers not on the instructions. All require stickers in insanely difficult places.

Worst, the figures have no accessories. Not even stands. Their filecards list weapons of choice, only, uh, no weapons. This is worst with Scrap-Iron, who has an empty knife sheath (always a sore thumb). Scrap-Iron also appears to have a mask that's a separate piece from the head, but it's attached in such a way that I can't figure out if it's actually removeable.

Actually, I'm pretty sure comic pack Scrap Iron (with the cartoon version of Wild Bill) didn't come with a knife, but they jammed a semi-automatic pistol in the knife holder.

DarkArtist
07-22-2009, 07:08 AM
hisstank.com has some pics from SDCC already on new ROC items ( i didn't want to post the pics here since SDCC has yet to begin) so check them out.

RooJay
07-22-2009, 08:55 AM
To finally answer my own question - no, the hat on Zartan's alternate head is not removable. In case anyone else was wondering this.

DarkArtist
07-22-2009, 02:59 PM
To finally answer my own question - no, the hat on Zartan's alternate head is not removable. In case anyone else was wondering this.

he's actually one of the figures that I have little or no interest in. This line I'm being very selective on who i want. Zartan and the Vipers just don't do it for me, I'm also passing on Duke as he is of little interest to me as well.

that does stink about Zartan thouogh, it did look as if there was hope for the removable hat

RooJay
07-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Honestly, he doesn't make a bad troop builder with the extra head in place of the funky Zartan head - I'm intending to build a small group of Pit MPs. Might even turn some into more traditional 'Green Shirt' MPs. At least it'll keep Zartan (seems rather useless as that character, to me) from being too big of a peg warmer in my area.

sound_asleep7
07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I personally think Cobra Commander doesn't look all that Bad... Anyone know the story on his tubes?? In all the pre-release pics he has tubes going from his chest to the back of his head, All the figures I've seen have holes for the tubes to go, but no tubes. So did they change their minds?? There's a varient out there with the holes filled in as well...

pbarnard
07-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I Anyone know the story on his tubes?? In all the pre-release pics he has tubes going from his chest to the back of his head, All the figures I've seen have holes for the tubes to go, but no tubes. So did they change their minds?? There's a varient out there with the holes filled in as well...

Simple story on the tubes, it's printed in small print on every box of every toy...

Final product my differ from what is pictured here. :thumbsup:

Or you want to know why it wasn't included, ask Hasbro.

RooJay
07-27-2009, 02:41 AM
I've been wondering the same thing, and I happen to think that the story is not that simple. Did the factory forget to include the tubes during early production, and later releases will include them? Did Hasbro decide not to include the tubes, and if so - will they ever release any figures with them? Does the character not have the tubes in the film, and Hasbro mistakenly added them, or was the look of the character changed before Hasbro was able to match the change with the figure? Even with the standard "Final product may differ" message, it's difficult to know if the omission was intentional or not.

DarkArtist
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
just placed an order for the Destro 2 pack fro comic-con. placed the order this morning on HTS.com

pbarnard
07-27-2009, 10:31 AM
just placed an order for the Destro 2 pack fro comic-con. placed the order this morning on HTS.com

Ditto. Course, there'll be long long debate about opening them or not, because I'm not a carded collector...but this one just says don't open for some reason.

El Chuxter
07-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Gotta say, the ninja made from kitbashing comic-pack Firefly and the Resolute Trooper looks really, really sweet.

Ji'dai
07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
No one is ordering the special edition 12" Baroness?

Darth Jax
07-27-2009, 10:24 PM
found the helix wave. seems to be the best so far.

RooJay
07-28-2009, 01:24 AM
The Destro 2-pack is wicked cool! For the record, I've opened mine - I slit the sides of the bubbles so I can display them in or out of the package. Figures aren't much use to me if they remain locked away behind a plastic bubble - might as well just continue looking at pictures of them online. Destro's ancestor is not as cool out of package as he should be, though. He's come out a bit bulkier than he should have been and the iron mask doesn't look as cool on him as it would have if it were an alternate sculpted head rather than a separate accessory. The modern Destro rocks my socks to no end, however!

Ji'dai
07-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Don't think I can pay $25 for this Destro 2 pack. I'd like to have the modern Destro since it uses the body for what would've been Toht in the Indy line. And if the ancestor fig isn't very good, I think I'll pass.

pbarnard
07-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Don't think I can pay $25 for this Destro 2 pack. I'd like to have the modern Destro since it uses the body for what would've been Toht in the Indy line. And if the ancestor fig isn't very good, I think I'll pass.

Actually last years Cobra Commander in suit jacket is Toht. Hasbro's said as much.

Ji'dai
07-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Actually last years Cobra Commander in suit jacket is Toht. Hasbro's said as much. Yeah, I know. CC was another overpriced exclusive.

DarkArtist
08-01-2009, 02:08 PM
picked up 2 of the Ice Vipers last night from TRU. they look really cool but the snow torpedo ski is kinda lame.

pbarnard
08-02-2009, 01:37 PM
picked up 2 of the Ice Vipers last night from TRU. they look really cool but the snow torpedo ski is kinda lame.

Was it lame for the Snow Cat? The Cobra Wolf? The GI Joe Avalance, wait that's lameness was the disc shooting mines...

Oh, yeah, it was. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
08-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Was it lame for the Snow Cat? The Cobra Wolf? The GI Joe Avalance, wait that's lameness was the disc shooting mines...

Oh, yeah, it was. :thumbsup:

true but I didn't mind it so much as a kid. back then it was cool. this accessory just seems out of place as there is no vehicle for the Ice Viper. perhaps if he was a pack-in for a Cobra Wolf or something then the torpedo would rock.

darthbooger
08-03-2009, 07:54 AM
All this chatter about Joes and not one good word about the Pit? I find this disturbing. The Pit is an awesome vehicle ,better than any Starwars product ever made. I wish Hasbro would drop the entire starwars line and focus entirely on making more vehicles of the same quality and play value as the Pit. :D

darthbooger
08-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I really hope the sarcasm in that last post is evident, because I have never seen an uglier toy than the Pit......:rolleyes: ever.

DarkArtist
08-03-2009, 10:11 AM
All this chatter about Joes and not one good word about the Pit? I find this disturbing. The Pit is an awesome vehicle ,better than any Starwars product ever made. I wish Hasbro would drop the entire starwars line and focus entirely on making more vehicles of the same quality and play value as the Pit. :D

been thinking about buying the PITT just haven't had the finances at this point. the set looked awesome at Toy Fair. it could even work with Star Wars to an extend as an underground set.

I really hope the sarcasm in that last post is evident, because I have never seen an uglier toy than the Pit......:rolleyes: ever.

really you really can't stand the PITT that much ? you really need to see to out of the box to get the better picture. it's really sharp actually.

darthbooger
08-03-2009, 08:55 PM
It is out of the box and now my kids are playing more with the box.:upset:

Ji'dai
08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
The Pitt box is awesome. It's got a great likeness of Dennis Quaid on it.

So has this line officially tanked yet? I see pegs full of these figures everywhere I go and no one seems to be buying them. I really don't think the movie release is going to improve things either. I'm going to wait and see if the figs don't drop below $5 each like Star Trek stuff.

darthbooger
08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Wow, pegs full of Simon Pegg and Dennis Quaid, what a nightmare.:laugh:

RooJay
08-04-2009, 12:03 AM

What's really lame about that snow torpedo is that it was originally a missile included with a vehicle in the classic line originally - making the new version a missile that shoots a missile!

Very confused...what's there not to like about the Pit? I think the lack of discussion about it is much more due to the price, and that a lot of folks have yet to take the plunge. Looks to me like a pretty awesome toy that I would have killed to have as a kid (and am hoping to be able to afford very soon!)

So has this line officially tanked yet? I see pegs full of these figures everywhere I go and no one seems to be buying them. I really don't think the movie release is going to improve things either. I'm going to wait and see if the figs don't drop below $5 each like Star Trek stuff.

Fortunately, I really don't think this line is going to tank. At the very least, I would hope that there are not many GI Joe fans that are hoping for that to happen either - the death of this line would mean the death of any kind of GI Joe line at retail for a while. I honestly don't think it's something folks like myself have to worry about - even though the movie is going to blow to no end, the toys are pretty darned awesome! I also doubt that full shelves in your area really means that folks aren't buying, but rather that the line is brand new to store shelves, and is shipping in full force, and that the movie (however horrible it will be) they're intended to support hasn't even been released yet. Stores in my area (and I cover a very wide area in my hunt for toys) have noticeable sold through and replenished stock several times already. Nobody is hating this movie in advance of it's release more than me - I thoroughly seethe with anger over the horrible travesty this movie represents - and I'm loving the hell out of the toys! I have no intention of seeing that crap in theaters, and probably won't even see it on DVD, but my GI Joe collection is all the richer for the new recruits!

Phantom-like Menace
08-04-2009, 12:20 AM
I actually find myself wanting to buy multiples of some of the Cobra troops, though I'm trying not to. The new Eel looks fairly cool, though I'm still steamed that I couldn't find enough of the classic Eel on store shelves. I finally saw the Elite Viper, but I walked away without getting it. I might grab Helix if I see her just to add another female figure.

As for the PIT, I don't like the railing on it when it's folded up. It looks like the Joes ran a butt-ugly yacht aground. I'm waiting to spend my money on a Turbo Tank at my local TRU anyway.

RooJay
08-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Agent Helix is teh dope! I really didn't think I was going to like her before I saw her in person. She's one of the best figures in the movie line so far, in my opinion. Very well designed and sculpted, with really good articulation, and a ton of accessories!

pbarnard
08-04-2009, 06:32 AM
I think this line is very analagous to the Episode I line. Certain things move quickly, but there will be product overload. It will contract slightly, returning to Aniversary levels and continue fine.

DarkArtist
08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
I think this line is very analagous to the Episode I line. Certain things move quickly, but there will be product overload. It will contract slightly, returning to Aniversary levels and continue fine.

i hope so the 25th line was awesome and such a great thing to collect (a throwback to being a kid). the only thing is I expect Hasbro will come out with perhaps a 30th line to commerative more of the classic characters once the movie merchandise has calmed down..... most of the stores by me are still stocking the first wave of figures with very few of the second or third wave yet.

from what Hasbro has said it looks like the Rise of Cobra merchandise is going to be around for awhile and they are planning on intermixing elements from the classic line as well as the Resolute line in the new series.

DarkArtist
08-04-2009, 12:18 PM
just recieved the SDCC Destro 2 pack today in the mail and the set looks beautiful. might have to order a second one to open as it is way beautiful to open

Ji'dai
08-05-2009, 01:30 PM
So, who here owns the Steel Crusher APV? It's really the only vehicle that I like from the current offerings. What's the good word?

Now I'm seeing figures with holes punched in the cards with little cardboard tags hanging from them encouraging you to "Join the Joe Team." The little tags are attached to the card with those plastic ties stores use to attach price/size tags to clothing. I thought it was odd that Hasbro would do this.

pbarnard
08-05-2009, 02:21 PM
http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12806

Try that review. I'm waiting for the Target vehicles myself...

Darth Jax
08-05-2009, 06:04 PM
So, who here owns the Steel Crusher APV? It's really the only vehicle that I like from the current offerings. What's the good word?

Now I'm seeing figures with holes punched in the cards with little cardboard tags hanging from them encouraging you to "Join the Joe Team." The little tags are attached to the card with those plastic ties stores use to attach price/size tags to clothing. I thought it was odd that Hasbro would do this.

i assumed the little cardboard attachment was supposed to be a "dogtag" tying in the EA ad (on a dogtag) on the back of the card

darthbooger
08-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I was able to see ROC and was kinda shocked by how much I enjoyed it. Its really just a two hour commercial for the toys on steroids but it was not the bomb of a film I expected. I did chuckle when there was a long preview for Clone Wars season 2 before the film.lol

RooJay
08-06-2009, 01:14 AM

I picked it up this weekend, and I am quite impressed! The construction is very solid (it's nice and heavy) it's got rubber tires (not even the classics had those!) the figure fits in the driver seat very well, and I really like the flip down windshield armor panel! The driver is kind of funky, though. Not a very appealing design, and the reused body is made more obvious by the hole left by the lack of a belt.

Interesting, the figures with the tags were the first ones I saw on shelves, and now those seem to have pretty much disappeared in my area.

DarkArtist
08-06-2009, 06:32 AM

I love the APV Steel Crusher. this is actually my first and as of date only ROC vehicle (waiting for the PITT to lower in price abit and the Target vehicles). The design is awesome and looks great, just wish it could have fit 4 figures instead of two. The viper is OK but would rather have gotten perhaps a better Storm Shadow with soft goods coat so he could sit in the vehicle.

i was shocked that Hasbro went with rubber for the tires on this one. the action features are pretty cool with the flip down windshield screen and pop up cannon, as well as flip down panels on the back doors for rockets.

as far as the dogtags goes... i have only seen those little tags on figures in Target and have passed on them. might check out the website later and see what's up.

Ji'dai
08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
What are the Target vehicles?

Lot of positive comments about the Steel Crusher then. Too bad it doesn't sit more than two figs - might as went with another Jeep hybrid/Stinger than a Hummer. Sounds like a pretty solid vehicle made better by the rubber tires. I like the way the thing looks when I held it in the store, but I thought the figure looked boring. And the giant clear face shield is kinda goofy looking.

Now that the movie is out maybe we'll see some good sales in the flyers this Sunday.

pbarnard
08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Ninja Cycle w/Snake Eyes, Wave Crusher w/Eels, Claw w/Air Viper (Avac repaint), Glider w/grand Slam.

Later on there'll be a Snake Armor and a few others.

Darth Jax
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
picked up wave crusher, glider and claw. haven't seen the cycle yet

El Chuxter
08-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I got the Target Eel and Air Viper today. Considering they're only $2 more than the basic figures, they're a steal!

The Eel looks awesome in the black and green. His jetski thing is pretty nice, but it's weird that the rocket launcher doesn't work in the "standing" position, which is the only position that looks good. But, boy, does it look good. He's going to be an Eel commander, marshalling the other Eels and Cobra Divers into battle.

The Air Viper comes with about three times as many bombs and missiles as can fit on the CLAW, providing lots of fodder for any Cobra armories you may want to build. The Viper coloration (silver and purple) seems silly, but looks pretty sweet in person. It's definitely a sort of night/stealth CLAW.

A word of caution: I found what looked like a relatively fresh case. There were tons of Air Vipers and Snake Eyeses, along with a few Grand Slams. Only one Eel, though. That boy's gonna be tough to find.

(Weird that you found no Snake Eyes cycles, Jax. Wonder what's up with that?)

I found a Helix last week, but she had the worst paint of any figure I've seen in ages, so I passed. These toys will be around in abundance, whether the film tanks or not, so she'll be around again.

SirSteve
08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Anyone in the Kansas area that wants to attend the GI Joe Con as press for ActionFigs.com? You must be able to take quality photos (organized in photos would be ideal) and FTP them each day day for our coverage. If interested, PM me.

RooJay
08-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I keep forgetting to mention that I spotted the Dragon Hawk copter, Crimson Hydra stealth plane, and the Rhino at target tis past weekend. Unfortunately, I had to pass on them as I had already spent most of my paycheck on toys already.

I'm beginning to think there might be two different case packs for the Target deluxe - I didn't see any Snake Eyes cycles either at any of the Targets I checked this past week, but the Eels are plentiful.

El Chuxter
08-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Hmmm.... Maybe it wasn't as pristine a case as it appeared, and someone near me is army building Eels.

Darth Jax
08-07-2009, 07:46 AM
picked up the lone cycle today. had several gliders and claws on the shelves, but only one wave crusher as well. got dragonhawk and crimson hydra as well.

El Chuxter
08-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Okay, I opened up the Steel Crusher last night, and it's amazing. However, a question I've not seen addressed anywhere:

On the passenger side roof (when the armor is in the forward position), there's a hole that looks like it's for a figure to stand in. However, there are what appear to be two attachments for some accessory. Anyone know if there's some cool snap-on accessory that comes with one of the carded figures?

Ji'dai
08-07-2009, 09:23 PM
I saw the $10 Target figure/mini-vehicle packs today. They are a good deal considering the price of the basic figures. There were 2 Eels and at least 2 each of the others. Also saw the RHINO too - is that another MASK reference?

DarkArtist
08-08-2009, 01:22 PM
picked up General Hawk and Helix the other day. very nice figures. was hoping to find The Doctor or Paris Pursuit Baroness but no luck.

still haven't seen any signs of the Target Exclusive sets though

El Chuxter
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
No word on that Steel Crusher roof thing.... weird. No one else mentions it, either.

TRU and Target are both having sales tomorrow. TRU's is another "2-for-$9.99" sale on figures, and a $10 giftcard with a $30 Joe purchase. Might get me a Mini-Night Raven.

I saw the grey Timber version of PP Snake Eyes today at Kohl's. At 10% off, 15% off on top of that, another 20% off from a coupon we got, and "no tax weekend," he was pretty cheap. I got him almost entirely for Timber, but the figure is sweet. I'm also thinking of getting a second one, trimming his neck slightly (it's hella long), repainting his body, popping an extra Greenshirt head on him, and making a nice Dr Venom.

Also, I noticed the Silly Armor Heavy Duty could, with a proper Cobra Commander head, make a passable (though not entirely accurate) figure of Cobra Commander's one-time use "anti-Snake Eyes" armor from issue #150 of the original series.

figrin bran
08-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I thought about buying Firefly at TRU today so good thing I held off on it.

Ji'dai
08-09-2009, 08:07 AM
TRU and Target are both having sales tomorrow. TRU's is another "2-for-$9.99" sale on figures, and a $10 giftcard with a $30 Joe purchase. Might get me a Mini-Night Raven. The TRU sale is a real stinker. The "2-for-$9.99" only applies to three specific figures/SKUs: Duke, Breaker, and the Barbecue repaint.

El Chuxter
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I didn't get the actual ad (TRU never puts it in the Times out here), but I've read on other sites that the SKUs are for Collection 1, Collection 2, and the TRU exclusive mini-wave. I've not seen any confirmation from anyone who's been in a store yet, but the site has them 2-for-$10 (a penny more before their exhorbitant shipping prices).

El Chuxter
08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
So I hit TRU this morning. They have a display now, but not a whole lot of space.

Picked up:
Ice Viper
Elite Viper (holy crap! I'd not seen him before, and he is SWEET!)
Delta-6 Suit Ripcord (comparing the figs, he'll be a better base for the Cobra Commander, and I have an extra African American head... which looks more like my white grandmother than Marlon Wayans)
Pit Assault Baroness (who won't take much customizing to become a Viper)
Armored Scarlett (who'll take a bit more than the Baroness, having no logo, but shall soon be a mindless Cobra minion nonetheless)
Pit Commando
2x Helix

I was considering Barbecue or Storm Shadow as my eighth, but they had two Helix figures, and my daughter seemed to dig her. Mrs Chux said we should get her the second one. So it's not my fault if you go to that TRU and they don't have no Helixes (Helices?). I wanted a second PP Snake Eyes, Dr Rex, or Camo Scarlett, but no luck. Saw the Eel (carded version), and it's crap in person.

Got a Rhino from Target, too. It looks awesome. I wasn't aware of the weird Heavy Metal/Rampage name thing until looking him up yesterday to see if he was a vintage character or not.

Can't bring myself to get the Ice Sabre. That figure looks nothing like Frostbite, and would take way too much work to turn into him. And the vehicle is poop.

I "ruined" my Ice Viper right off the bat. I wanted to see what the head under the visor looked like, not realizing the red stripe was a really cheap paint application. Half the red stuck to his face. I removed it all, and he looks better with the clear visor. The head underneath actually looked cool--is this used with any other Viper?

Also, the Combat Heroes Neo Viper isn't the weird Range Viper Zombie like the carded figure of the same name, but looks like a modernized version of the standard, classic Cobra Trooper--much like the MARS Troopers from the three pack. Any word if those, or some variation thereof, will be seen carded at some point?

El Chuxter
08-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I feel so alone.

Everyone who can should get the RHINO on sale this week. That toy is freaking awesome. It definitely is filed under "Man, I wish they made this when I was ten!" It's covered with compartments, features that actually work, and interchangeable weapons (though I sort of wish there were more--you can't have it completely bristling with weapons because there are several more slots than weapons). The APC looks good with the hidden helicopter in or out. And Heavy Metal Rampage is definitely the best movie driver, if not overall driver figure.

pbarnard
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
You mean you missed the clearance sale from Hasbro DTC where you could get it for under $9?

El Chuxter
08-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Say what????

SirSteve
08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Anyone here attending that would like to cover the show for ActionFigs.com as Press? You would need to take good pictures and upload them each day via FTP. PM me if interested.

pbarnard
08-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Say what????

You read it right. Missed out on. Plus even at full price the vehicle retailed for about 19.99. It has absolutely no retooling to accept 25th/ROC footpegs to boot.

Anyone here attending that would like to cover the show for ActionFigs.com as Press? You would need to take good pictures and upload them each day via FTP. PM me if interested.

No, sorry, I can't justify $300+ to attend a function plus another ~$100 or so per year to get a carpy pdf file and a half-arsed attempted custom figure. Than on top of it, be subjugated to people who thought the movie was Citizen Kane, and think the GI Joe Collector's Club is a good deal. That's what the JoeCon is, sorry.

Well that and the 2010 GI Joe line up. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
08-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Ah, I see. I wasn't collecting at that time, and didn't realize it.

But the sweet 25th-styled Heavy Metal isn't worth $20 extra? No? Oh well. At least I'm only missing Crazylegs, Cross Country, and the SAW Viper from my "Benzheen Bloodbath" diorama. :)

jedimastergeorge06
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I am looking for the dr.rex figure from the new gijoe movie if any one can help.

pbarnard
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I am looking for the dr.rex figure from the new gijoe movie if any one can help.

There's no rhyme or reason behind the waves/collections. Give it another month and probably everything will be there out there. Now I'm seeing Helix and Pit Commandos sitting on the pegs. 2 weeks ago, couldn't find them.

figrin bran
08-10-2009, 08:58 PM
I just checked on HTS to see what's available.

All this time I thought reactive armor were the Iron Man suits but no, apparently some figures have Reactive Armor and Delta 6 Accelerator versions.

The figures aren't selling well at all here in Los Angeles and so it's quite a chore to comb through the vast amount of pegs especially at Target. Paris Pursuit Baroness is what I guess I'm looking for but I'm not even sure if she's out yet.

pbarnard
08-10-2009, 09:13 PM
She's on DTC, but in the same wave as The Doctor and Arctic SE I believe.

Ji'dai
08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
What is DTC?

I understand correctly that the Target RHINO is just a repack of an old vehicle that doesn't have footpegs designed for the new figs?! Hasbro has really cheaped out on this line.

pbarnard
08-10-2009, 09:39 PM
What is DTC?

I understand correctly that the Target RHINO is just a repack of an old vehicle that doesn't have footpegs designed for the new figs?! Hasbro has really cheaped out on this line.

DTC=Direct to Consumer. It's one of the several names that HasbroToyShop can be known as. It also refers to the last of the O-Ring figures (and this version off the RHINO, not the Slaughter version) figures that were exclusive to online, before leaking into TRU, and the wave 4 being now GIJoecollector's club exclusives.

RooJay
08-11-2009, 12:18 AM
The TRU sale is a real stinker. The "2-for-$9.99" only applies to three specific figures/SKUs: Duke, Breaker, and the Barbecue repaint.

Hmm...I bought neither of those figures, and still got mine for the 2 for $9.99 price. Along with the Cobra Gunship (kind of an oddly designed, and slightly disappointing vehicle) and I even netted the ten dollar gift card.

That Cobra Gunship is kind of weird to me - it's quite a bit bigger than I expected, and looks somehow less feasible for it, in my opinion. Looks like a helicopter that they forgot to put rotors on. Either that, or a very oddly shaped, and slightly too large sci-fi style hovercraft. Seems to me like either including the rotors, or sizing it down would have made for a much more effective design.

Mvader91
08-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, me too bought six figs for 30.00 none of the aforementioned. Receved 10$ gc to boot awesome deal! My son and nephew were on cloud nine!

Ji'dai
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Hmm...I bought neither of those figures, and still got mine for the 2 for $9.99 price. Along with the Cobra Gunship (kind of an oddly designed, and slightly disappointing vehicle) and I even netted the ten dollar gift card. The TRU ad (http://i27.tinypic.com/2vvwcw4.jpg) only shows three figures and lists three specific SKUs, and under the pic of Breaker, Barbecue, and Duke, it says "2 for 9.99: these NEW! GI JOE ROC figures." Just some poor word choice on the part of TRU's marketing department. How hard would it have been to say, "ALL GI JOE ROC basic figures 2 for 9.99"?

Chux reports that the SKUs refer to the various figure Collections and not any one specific figure, so the sale should apply to any basic figure.

I haven't been to TRU yet but if they actually have figures I want I'll buy enough to get the gift card. I could use it on the Steel Crusher and get it for $15.

How much are basic figures at Target now? I saw 6.99 when I went to one out of town last Friday.

figrin bran
08-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Basic figures are on sale this week at Target for $6.49

El Chuxter
08-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Some Targets are $7.99, others $6.99. All the ones by me are $7.99, but it sounds like every other Target on Earth has them for $6.99. This week, though, they're $6.49. I'm planning to hit a different TRU and some Targets today to hopefully get spare parts for Shooter and Cool Breeze, my two favorite "cannon fodder" Joes. :mabs:

I have to agree with RooJay on the Gunship. It looks awesome from the packaging, but is pretty dull. The "bomb dropping" feature is especially carpy. I always get a kick out of all the "Beware! Exhaust!" and "No Step! Danger! Danger!" stickers for Cobra vehicles. I can understand why a military organization needs them for insurance purposes, but why a terrorist organization?

The pack-in Firefly is the best part of it. Firefly is someone I definitely didn't need another one of, but the pilot gear hides his identity and makes him just another Cobra pilot. He comes in two variations; I didn't know this until I got the only one on the shelf (the black-mask variant), saw the packaging was different, and looked it up. The red-mask version looks stupid, so I'm glad I got the black one. I have this weird feeling those tubes are supposed to connect to something, though, some additional part this figure is missing.

Of the vehicles, I passed on both Arctic vehicles (which look like the same sucky POS in different scales). The Gunship and Mole Pod are disappointing. The Ferret and Armadillo are just okay. The Hummer and RHINO I'd highly recommend (even at the inflated price for the RHINO). I plan to get the dwarf Night Raven, just not at full price if I can help it.

El Chuxter
08-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Picked up three more. Camo Scarlett was going to get a head from Glenda to become Shooter, but the head didn't look right. Shooter's going to have a ponytail now. I can live with that. :) She also has a machete, which is nice, since Shooter died wielding a machete.

Picked up Zartan for the kewl knives, and because his normal head looks more like Dr Venom than the Greenshirt one I'd planned to use. Too bad I have to repaint it due to the red eyes and stupid tats.

Also got Flash. I'm changing up Cool Breeze a bit from his one appearance, and he'll not have the "Liefeldian" banded armor. I'm using Flash's plated armor for his arms, since it looks better overall.

Even if I'm not using any of these as their intended characters, they really are some nice figures. It's almost a shame I'm not collecting the whole line and just picking and choosing classic updates and custom fodder. ;)

RooJay
08-12-2009, 12:51 AM
The pack-in Firefly is the best part of it. Firefly is someone I definitely didn't need another one of, but the pilot gear hides his identity and makes him just another Cobra pilot.

Exactly! He's 'Cobra Gunship Pilot" as far as I'm concerned. Pretty cool at that!

I have this weird feeling those tubes are supposed to connect to something, though, some additional part this figure is missing.

There are actually two sockets - one on either side of the pilots seat in the cockpit - that those hoses plug into. Pretty cool little detail, in my opinion.

Of the vehicles, I passed on both Arctic vehicles (which look like the same sucky POS in different scales). The Gunship and Mole Pod are disappointing. The Ferret and Armadillo are just okay. The Hummer and RHINO I'd highly recommend (even at the inflated price for the RHINO). I plan to get the dwarf Night Raven, just not at full price if I can help it.

I broke down and bought the RHINO this evening at the sale price, and you're right - that is one wicked awesome vehicle! I thought the helicopter was kind of goofy (though it never would have bothered me enough to put me off completely) but it actually comes off as a really neat feature, and I really love how it actually recedes into the APC itself, not to mention how it slowly raises itself into position when activated! The RHINO has so many cool little compartments for lots of other figures, with a bunch of gunner positions, and I think the fact that the weapons are interchangeable and can be swapped about any way you could imagine is an nice feature as well!
The Night Raven is actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be as well. My initial impression had more to do with the comparative size to the original vehicle; which was not only massive, but was also a major favorite of mine. If you think of this version as a fighter jet (which it is intended to be) and the original as a bomber (which it clearly was designed after) then the change in size isn't really that bad. The modern version is actually a lot bigger out of the box than I think most folks realize. It too, is nice and hefty in hand, and it has a bunch of really neat features that make the price a bit more acceptable. I especially like the electronic features.

Ando
08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I am so tempted to buy that RHINO vehicle. It looks really fun.

I actually like the reboot look of the toys and would love to start collecting GIJoe toys again, but I just don't have the room or the money.

Does anyone know if they plan to make a DragonHawk style dropship vehicle similar to the Sigma 6 toy from 2006? That is a GREAT toy and I would probably be pushed over the edge if they did.

RooJay
08-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Mattel has a 3 3/4" scale vehicle coming in their Avatar movie line that looks very similar in concept. That line looks to be pretty awesome as well, and should fit in quite nicely with my Joe collection!

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=39397

pbarnard
08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I am so tempted to buy that RHINO vehicle. It looks really fun.

I actually like the reboot look of the toys and would love to start collecting GIJoe toys again, but I just don't have the room or the money.

Does anyone know if they plan to make a DragonHawk style dropship vehicle similar to the Sigma 6 toy from 2006? That is a GREAT toy and I would probably be pushed over the edge if they did.

Check all the joe sites starting tomorrow/Saturday. JoeCon starts tonight. They'll finally announce the 2010 product line at it instead of some place else.

Ando
08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys.

I was at Target last night and saw that the $24.99 vehicle line has a helicopter with Wild Bill that they're calling the DragonHawk.

I also noticed that the RHINO comes with a little helicopter that looks a lot like something that was part of the Sigma 6 line but now only seats 1 instead of 2.

Man, those were fun toys. Maybe I will dig those out this weekend and play with them...

Did anyone else here enjoy the Sigma 6 line, especially the 2 1/2" figs and vehicles?

Phantom-like Menace
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Mattel has a 3 3/4" scale vehicle coming in their Avatar movie line that looks very similar in concept. That line looks to be pretty awesome as well, and should fit in quite nicely with my Joe collection!

That's pretty much massively badass! I guess I'm going to be buying Avatar stuff.

pbarnard
08-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys.

I was at Target last night and saw that the $24.99 vehicle line has a helicopter with Wild Bill that they're calling the DragonHawk.

I also noticed that the RHINO comes with a little helicopter that looks a lot like something that was part of the Sigma 6 line but now only seats 1 instead of 2.

Man, those were fun toys. Maybe I will dig those out this weekend and play with them...

Did anyone else here enjoy the Sigma 6 line, especially the 2 1/2" figs and vehicles?

I believe the RHINO did appear in the SigmaSix Cartoon.

There is a website called sigma6central.com (maybe you have to spell out six).

Ando
08-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Hey, I was right... http://s6c.joebattlelines.com/toys/reviews/2inch/2006/missionsets/wave2/coptercountdown.htm (http://s6c.joebattlelines.com/toys/reviews/2inch/2006/missionsets/wave2/coptercountdown.htm)

Darth Jax
08-13-2009, 06:11 PM

looks like it could come from the terminator universe.

i didn't like sigma 6. couldn't adjust to the strange sizes of the toys.

DarkArtist
08-14-2009, 06:20 AM
that ship looks cool. might have to see it up close before making the final judgement but might be a cool EU Joe Vehicle

pbarnard
08-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Some initial convention pictures are up at joebattlelines.com. The new product pannel will convene at 1PM Central time. So late tonight/early tomorrow new product pics/details will be out.

pbarnard
08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Well it looks like a new Hiss tank is coming in 2010.

Ji'dai
08-15-2009, 09:56 PM
That HISS tank is going to have movable treads, which should be cool.

The TRU sale was another disappointment for me. I checked TRU nearly every day this week for figures but all they have are Firefys and Barbecues. It's the same for every action figure sale at TRU; they don't bother stocking or restocking for them.

figrin bran
08-16-2009, 12:43 AM
On the last day of TRU's sale, I picked up Firefly and Cover Girl.

During the past week, my local TRU seems to have sold quite a lot of figures as the pegs, bursting to fullness last Saturday, were nearly empty today.

El Chuxter
08-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Looks like next year will be a HISS for me, and, otherwise, a mostly cheap year. The Elite Ice Viper looks like someone took the original and stripped all the coolness from him.

Phantom-like Menace
08-17-2009, 05:26 PM
I grabbed an Angent Helix at Wally World today. She's alright, I suppose. I was reading an article about the Rise of Cobra video game and how they created a female character. I immediately realized it was Helix, which seems to be the case.

I decided movie Storm Shadow is not Storm Shadow but another ninja group Cobra Commander contracted because of dissatisfaction with the other ninjas that have worked with Cobra. So I have unmasked Storm Shadow as the leader of that group and two masked Storm Shadows as generic members of the group. The group doesn't rely on Cobra support outside of their payment, so they use their own equipment. I purchased a 1:18 Hayabusa motorcycle for the leader to drive, and I decided I liked that, so I got some other motorcycles for the masked Storm Shadows (they can't really ride them due to the coat). Even though she has nothing to do with the ninjas, I grabbed a Ducati 748 for Helix.

El Chuxter
08-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I've been on the fence about movie Storm Shadows. I have a Night Creeper (and plan to get the second variation when it's released), two Ninja-Ku, a Red Ninja leader, five Red Ninjas (BattlePacks are a wonderful thing!), and a Ninja Viper (whose teal color precludes army building); plus, I plan to get at least one Red Fang Ninja, likely Kamakura (and repainting him into a Cobra), and possibly getting an extra Elite Viper to customize into a more practical take on the second classic Night Creeper costume (with the honking enormous helmets). I kinda like having Storm Shadow as the only ninja in white.

BTW, I've noticed since the movie came out that Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes has dried up (dang! right when I realized I needed a second one!), and Helix is starting to become a lot easier to find (I've found something like eleven, and all but one within the past ten days). Helix's story sounds stupid; she's sort of a savant without the idiot part, who can instantly mimic any fighting art by seeing it once and count remaining bullets by, well, that was never explained. She seems like a poor substitute for Scarlett, sort of like Lady Jaye was intended to be, only Lady Jaye was awesomeness with a couple of strategically-placed missing buttons. I display Helix with guns only, not with sword, and imagine her as a sort of espionage specialist whose field of expertise is hi-tech communications. In other words, sort of like Daemon (or was it Firewall) from the Devil's Due run, except not generic and annoying.

pbarnard
08-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm totally underwhelmed by the 2010 offerings. The only thing that looks sort of interesting is joining the Collector's Club to get the discounted figures of the Adventure Team & Dr. Venom. It's the age old problem, how many Duke's/SE/CC's/Destro's/Scarlett's/Heavy Duties do I need? The answer is not this many.

I gave one of Helix's blades to Recondo. The other, no clue yet, maybe Pathfinder (so both Jungle Troopers have them).

El Chuxter
08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Dr Venom? Got a link to a picture, or is there one yet? I'm about 1% done with my Dr Venom, but if they'll do it for me and it looks good....

Silly thing about the armies of these same characters--they could actually update existing sculpts from the 80s and 90s for them all! We don't have hockey mask Snake Eyes, or Ninja Force Snake Eyes, or red mask Cobra Commander. Heck, we still don't have a version of hooded Cobra Commander clad in all black. Ninja Force Scarlett looked dumb, but she was an actual figure! Same with Flying Duke.

Even then, there are actual comic and cartoon versions, too. Unmasked Snake Eyes. Army fatigues Scarlett. Drill Sergeant Duke. I could go on. So could anyone else who doesn't work for Hasbro.

pbarnard
08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/dariconeal/2009GIJoeConKCSaturdayClubPanel?feat=directlink# For the whole club pannel

http://picasaweb.google.com/dariconeal/2009GIJoeConKCSaturdayClubPanel?feat=directlink#53 70717012859201794 DR Venom

El Chuxter
08-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Hmmm... something about him looks... not quite right. The tie looks especially iffy, like it's painted on a flat torso. And this giant set of Joe Colton in four different outfits would be in addition to joining the club, which gives me (GASP!) a RAH-styled Big Lob? Methinks I'll just stick with the one I'm working on. Vosloo's head looks freakin' evil.

Phantom-like Menace
08-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I've been on the fence about movie Storm Shadows. I have a Night Creeper (and plan to get the second variation when it's released), two Ninja-Ku, a Red Ninja leader, five Red Ninjas (BattlePacks are a wonderful thing!), and a Ninja Viper (whose teal color precludes army building); plus, I plan to get at least one Red Fang Ninja, likely Kamakura (and repainting him into a Cobra), and possibly getting an extra Elite Viper to customize into a more practical take on the second classic Night Creeper costume (with the honking enormous helmets). I kinda like having Storm Shadow as the only ninja in white.

As I realized I had so many different Cobra ninjas, I decided to add one more and have fun with it. In my back story for movie Storm Shadow figures, Cobra Commander got sick of the politics of the Arashikage, so no more Red Ninjas, Ninja-Ku, etc. He decided the Night Creepers with their MBAs and penchant for expensive high-tech devices were pricing themselves out of his budget. Then he decided to call it quits with the Ninja Vipers, which he finally admitted were a poor man's answer to his ninja fetish and were basically just Vipers who had a little more martial arts training than the next guy whose job was simply to shoot and get shot at. Enter the Shimoto Sindicate, which was willing to work exclusively for Cobra and support themselves outside of Cobra's supply system. Their price was right, their competency high, and Cobra Commander didn't have to worry about any of them randomly becoming Joes at inopportune times.

RooJay
08-17-2009, 11:56 PM
I purchased a 1:18 Hayabusa motorcycle for the leader to drive, and I decided I liked that, so I got some other motorcycles for the masked Storm Shadows (they can't really ride them due to the coat). Even though she has nothing to do with the ninjas, I grabbed a Ducati 748 for Helix.

Are Ninjas known for riding Ducatis?:confused:

Hmm...maybe I'm just really weird, but I'm excited as all hell for next year's Joes! Even more than I think I was at the initial launch of the 25th Anniversary line. Not only do they all just look really freaking cool to me, but I think they represent a much more modern progression of GI Joe than we've seen so far. That new SNow Job is wicked looking with that big, bushy beard!

Phantom-like Menace
08-18-2009, 11:20 PM
I think my biggest problem with Helix is that her blade looks so much like a kitchen utensil that I can't take it seriously. I'd give her a Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes sword if I could find another on shelves.

Are Ninjas known for riding Ducatis?:confused:

The temptation is always there to give them Kawasaki Ninjas. I probably couldn't help but boast of my ninja on ninja action in dioramas. But it occurs to me your comment was about my mentioning she has nothing to do with the ninjas. I just meant I gave them all motorcycles, but I also gave her one.

Mvader91
08-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I gotta tell ya, the Walmarts in Indy are overflowing with 25 pegs of Joe figs. At Eight bucks they are just not moving. It seems 2 for 9.99 is the sweet spot.:lipsrsealed:

El Chuxter
08-18-2009, 11:38 PM
I wish more of these movie figures had functional holsters. :(

Is anyone aware of a figure, currently available or forthcoming, who has removable goggles? I'm leaning against the TRU Firefly, since those goggles look like they might be a little too big. The 25th-A Viper goggles are ideal for what I need, only the Vipers look silly without them.

pbarnard
08-19-2009, 10:04 AM
I think most of the "arctic" themed figures. Some of the bbi Elite Force figures have had googles in the past. Otherwise, I got some both of the RotJ deleted scenes googles, pod racer, I can send your way (PS, PLANE, where is it?)

Phantom-like Menace
08-20-2009, 08:16 AM
I think my biggest problem with Helix is that her blade looks so much like a kitchen utensil that I can't take it seriously. I'd give her a Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes sword if I could find another on shelves.

I found a PP Snake-Eyes, so problem solved. It even had the gray Timber, so I replaced my darker one.

pbarnard
08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I found a PP Snake-Eyes, so problem solved. It even had the gray Timber, so I replaced my darker one.

You do know the darker is the harder of the wolf variants to find? :yes:

This dates back to the 25th cards and the variants there.

Phantom-like Menace
08-20-2009, 11:13 AM
You do know the darker is the harder of the wolf variants to find? :yes:

This dates back to the 25th cards and the variants there.

I did not. No regrets, though. I like the lighter version, and the darker one went to my brother, so it's still in the family.

pbarnard
08-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Well, how appropriate, now you know...and the other quarter is red lasers, with one quarter blue lasers.

Ji'dai
08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Saw some new figures yesterday at WM: Arctic SE & SS and the Cobra Doctor. Don't really care for the battle-damage Arctic Storm Shadow and I can live without the Doctor. Arctic SE looked pretty cool though.

RooJay
08-22-2009, 12:04 AM
All of the most recent waves have dried up in my area - I've only been seeing the first couple of waves on pegs since the movie opened. Hoping my usual retail haunts will restock this weekend. Pegs around here are starting to look a bit empty.:sad:

JetsAndHeels
08-22-2009, 07:43 AM
I picked up the Target SE w/motorcycle last night. Considering basic figures are $7 to $8 a pop, this was a good deal for $10.

The SE is a good fig (no mouth!!), plus the motorcycle also works well (and could also be used with Scarlett to simulate the Paris chase).

Ji'dai
08-22-2009, 10:01 PM
All of the most recent waves have dried up in my area - I've only been seeing the first couple of waves on pegs since the movie opened. Hoping my usual retail haunts will restock this weekend. Pegs around here are starting to look a bit empty.:sad: It's the opposite here. Pegs were a little thinner around the movie release but it looks like sales have stalled out again. Basic figures at TRU are in short supply, mostly due to their geat sale price. At least two WM's in my area have only begun carrying the line in the last week or so, after their holiday reset. With so many ROC figures on the pegs locally I'm really reluctant to buy any at the current $8 price point. Might as well wait and see if prices drop.

---

EDIT: ROC figures are once again on sale at TRU this week, 2 for $10.99 this time. Hopefully my store has restocked with something other than the 10 Barbecues and 8 Fireflys that adorned their pegs during the last sale.

figrin bran
08-23-2009, 09:16 PM
How's this for a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot sighting? Basic figures at one local Target were $9.09!!!!!

That is more than the $8.24 at that store for SW and 7.99 for Marvel Universe. As we all now, Hasbro pays licensing fees for those two and yet the line that they don't ends up the most expensive??? It's hilarious because right below the 9.09 pegs are the 9.99 deluxe figures which seem like an even better deal now.

RooJay
08-25-2009, 12:24 AM
The pricing issue would be a fun thing to ask Hasbro about in the next Q&A (especially the Marvel vs. GI Joe pricing) - it'd be hilarious to hear how they spin that one! Only problem I forsee there would be a price increase for the Marvel line.

figrin bran
08-25-2009, 01:08 AM
They're just going to say that while they have a suggested retail price, retailers have the right to charge whatever they want.

That 9.09 caused me to put down a Paris Pursuit SE, btw.

pbarnard
08-25-2009, 09:25 AM
The pricing issue would be a fun thing to ask Hasbro about in the next Q&A (especially the Marvel vs. GI Joe pricing) - it'd be hilarious to hear how they spin that one! Only problem I forsee there would be a price increase for the Marvel line.

I though Hasbro answered this recently saying they set a singler MSRP for all 3.75" figs, and the usual, retailers can deviate from it as they please.

Course, this means they take less profit on SW and Marvel due to licensing, but GI Joe is their golden margins.

El Chuxter
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
They might've simply marked up GIJoes because the movie came out most recently and it wasn't the bomb everyone in the retail world seemed to expect.

Around here, the Targets never marked down to $6.99, and have not marked up, either. They're all either $7.99 or $7.89.

Funny how they make pains to get all the stores to conform to a small handful of floor plans (like maybe six different versions, tops), but the pricing varies so widely, eh?

sound_asleep7
08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I can't find the Doctor anywhere... I checked three Walmarts, and five Targets in the same day... The closest I got was Artic Storm Shadow. So is ebay my only hope?

pbarnard
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM
I can't find the Doctor anywhere... I checked three Walmarts, and five Targets in the same day... The closest I got was Artic Storm Shadow. So is ebay my only hope?

No, case distribution is uneven at best. Patience is your best bet. Helix and the Pit Commando can now be found on the pegs. Just because he hasn't shown up yet doesn't mean he won't.

Oh, in case anyone is interested, you can now order the 2 packs from Walmart directly.

links to it are on generalsjoes.com or joebattlelines.com front/main pages.

DarkArtist
08-28-2009, 10:19 AM

i have yet to spot him either... he might be one of the last figures i get from this line with the except of City Strike Snake Eyes.

El Chuxter
08-28-2009, 12:51 PM
What's the deal with this (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11997143)? I read somewhere it was the comic from the cancelled Snake Eyes vs Night Creeper 2-pack, with a Rise of Cobra cover. I've not heard anything about it being a Wal-Mart exclusive, though, especially not with the Night Raven (which makes zero sense).

DarkArtist
09-04-2009, 09:07 AM
i have to say the most recent ToyFare had a cool pic of the upcoming ROC Polar Shark and i kinda like it alot.... thinking about trying to get a couple of these and doing some custom painting on them and making them perhaps some type of Clone Wars vehicle or EU vehicle. the design looks like it could function in the SW realm

El Chuxter
09-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Found the exclusive 2-packs yesterday. My daughter liked them so much, I went back and got seconds of both. (I passed on Gung Ho both times.) I hate to seem greedy, but that's two more figures for her (minus all accessories), an extra Night Creeper for me (I really dig the paint scheme on this version), and a lot of accessories and a "shirtless" sculpt to use for someone (I'm wondering if he's too small for Big Boa).

figrin bran
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I found and bought Paris Pursuit Baroness today at TRU. Her glasses aren't removable this time around - either that or they're glued on tightly.

El Chuxter
09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I actually remember seeing PP Baroness (hee hee!) around the time the figures first dropped. Wish I'd known then that she'd be what seems to be the toughest of all to find.

A bit surprised to say this, but I picked up a third (!!!) Helix (I need the parts, like the one intact, and am not stealing from my daughter), unmasked Storm Shadow (who looks more like a young Larry Hama than the actor who plays Storm Shadow... I might have to do something about that), and the Senior Ranking Officers 3-pack with Destro (wanted the body, and figured getting two other figures for the price of two total was a better deal, and I actually sort of don't dislike the standard Viper with this particular paint scheme). Add to that a DVD Set #2 (on clearance for $9), a second Arctic Cobra set (at Rite Aid for $19.99... go figure!), a whatsherface female Imperial Officer from Force Unleashed on clearance (to mix up the looks of the female Cobras I have in the works), and the entire Legacy Collection TPM wave, and this was probably the most expensive toy day (or week) I've had in a while.

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Helix is turning into a pegwarmer after her "hot" debut. Now seeing PP Baroness and the Doctor at the pegs at TRU (I was there for the half off BMF). I did get email this morning saying I have to go to walmart to pick up the 2 packs I ordered online.

El Chuxter
09-08-2009, 12:21 PM
I've decided the movie-design Vipers (which I'll wind up with quite a few of, once I get a couple suits of the SNAKE Armor and the upcoming TRU pack) are, in my world, a specialized group of Vipers called "Death Adders." They're homicidal maniacs who joined up with Cobra to have an outlet, are too dangerous to keep housed with other Vipers, and have no real skills aside from their propensity for violence. They get specialized "skull" helmets and armor that they think looks cool, but costs much less than the uniforms for any other Viper subgroup and offer only minimal protection.

Elite Vipers and ROC Eels are cool enough to hang with the regular troops. The ROC Eel is, I guess, a sentry version who specializes in short-term underwater combat, since the airtank is too tiny to allow for prolonged missions, and the vest isn't really practical for extended underwater use.

BTW, can anyone who's seen the movie explain what's up with the Elite Viper's weapons? He's got two handguns, a pistol, and, uh, an axe. What is the deal with the axe? Does that actually appear in the movie, or is it something totally random?

JetsAndHeels
09-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't remembering seeing any Elite Viper (or anyone for that matter) use an axe in the film.

Most of the accessories that come with the figures were not in the movie at all, if I recall correctly.

El Chuxter
09-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Weird. I figured there was a reason, since it's such a random weapon (a sword would make more sense), and it snaps into the backpack, which means it wasn't thrown in as an afterthought.

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
You like the ROC Eel? Wow, that is one bad figure. But if I get some SNAKE armor, I can send you the Vipers and we'll be all square.

DarkArtist
09-08-2009, 01:16 PM
i picked up the Target Deluxe Snake Eyes and motorcycle set on Sunday... really like the look of Snake Eyes with the camo paints. plus the lips aren't molded onto the face.

on another note spotted a cool toy for G.I. Joe customizing at TRU that I might pick up.... not sure of the name but it is in scale to the 3.75" figures and is a Mobile Missile launcher that comes with figures (I think maybe TRU's version of the Corps series of figures.) was thinking of painting it up for a Cobra display or something.

El Chuxter
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
You like the ROC Eel? Wow, that is one bad figure. But if I get some SNAKE armor, I can send you the Vipers and we'll be all square.

Yeah, I kinda dig the Eel, but, like I said, it's not an especially useful getup for anything other than a short foray into the water. I haven't taken the vest off, but I think it's Torpedo with a new head (again--Hasbro loves that mold). I definitely wouldn't army-build him; I've got two 25th Eels, a Cobra Diver or two (including a female), and the ROC Target Eel (the Eel squadron commander, as I see it).

I figure I'm going to wind up with four ROC Vipers. The SRO set had one (with metallic blue details, which makes the mold more palatable), and the TRU army builder set will have one. Plus I plan to get two SNAKE Armors. I think the other three I'll wind up with will be the basic paint scheme, so I'll probably repaint them, scavenge the parts, or give them to Chux Jr, sans any weapons. I haven't taken a look under the vest (since some of these vests are a pain to get on and off), but yojoe.com says it's the same body as the MARS Trooper, which looks pretty decent.

Phantom-like Menace
09-08-2009, 11:50 PM
They get specialized "skull" helmets and armor that they think looks cool, but costs much less than the uniforms for any other Viper subgroup and offer only minimal protection.

I love this part of the back story.

The ROC Eel is, I guess, a sentry version who specializes in short-term underwater combat, since the airtank is too tiny to allow for prolonged missions, and the vest isn't really practical for extended underwater use.

I'm going to grab a handful of these as well. In my mind, the classic-style Eels are fairly strictly frogmen and not intended to operate outside of the water. ROC Eels, I've decided, are more intended to be amphibious commandos. I may make a trip to Marauder Inc. to get them some more appropriate guns, though.

El Chuxter
09-09-2009, 12:29 AM
The hair for Baroness and Helix are removeable. I've confirmed this. It took me about 90 minutes on Helix, cutting away at the glue very slowly with a knife. Once I stuck her noggin in boiling water, it was simple (though quite hot!) to just pull it off in a few tries. I put Baroness' head in the water first, and didn't need the knife at all; it took about ten minutes total. File that under "wish I'd known that the first time!"

On the plus side, 25th-style Cover Girl nears completion....

RooJay
09-09-2009, 12:40 AM
I've decided the movie-design Vipers (which I'll wind up with quite a few of, once I get a couple suits of the SNAKE Armor and the upcoming TRU pack) are, in my world, a specialized group of Vipers called "Death Adders." They're homicidal maniacs who joined up with Cobra to have an outlet, are too dangerous to keep housed with other Vipers, and have no real skills aside from their propensity for violence. They get specialized "skull" helmets and armor that they think looks cool, but costs much less than the uniforms for any other Viper subgroup and offer only minimal protection.

I dig your backstory there - think I'll use it as well! Before that, I wasn't sure I was going to be army buidling those guys. Your story has convinced me otherwise!

I'm going to grab a handful of these as well. In my mind, the classic-style Eels are fairly strictly frogmen and not intended to operate outside of the water. ROC Eels, I've decided, are more intended to be amphibious commandos. I may make a trip to Marauder Inc. to get them some more appropriate guns, though.

Like that one, too! That was more or less what I had in mind there anyway.

I like the way you guys think!

El Chuxter
09-09-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm glad you guys are digging the story. :thumbsup: I really hated the figure in all its myriad color schemes until I saw the version from the SRO set, which proved that it just needed a decent paint job. (Not sure why none of the 4,325,786 other decos of this mold have anything but flat applications that look awful.)

By the way, this may not exactly be the right thread, but here's my preferred use for (pieces of) Agent Helix, Baroness: Attack on the GIJoe Pit, and Desert Ambush Scarlett (along with DVD set Lady Jaye and Indiana Jones). Way far from finished, and the paint on the head is especially jacked up right now from the hair transplant, but I think she's looking pretty cool so far. Be kind; she's my first custom to involve this level of dis-assembly and parts-swapping.

(Edit: Dangit, I'm not sure how to rotate the pic once it's here. You'll figure out the gist of it.)

Ando
09-09-2009, 09:50 AM
That custom looks really great El Chuxter and thanks for the news on the hair being able to come off. I may have to check that out for possible female Jedi customs.

PS: Your camera should allow you to rotate a photo before you post it.

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
All the female heads post 25th line have had hair that is glued/removable. It's not just Helix.

DarkArtist
09-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm glad you guys are digging the story. :thumbsup: I really hated the figure in all its myriad color schemes until I saw the version from the SRO set, which proved that it just needed a decent paint job. (Not sure why none of the 4,325,786 other decos of this mold have anything but flat applications that look awful.)

By the way, this may not exactly be the right thread, but here's my preferred use for (pieces of) Agent Helix, Attack on the GIJoe Pit, and Desert Ambush Scarlett (along with DVD set Lady Jaye and Indiana Jones). Way far from finished, and the paint on the head is especially jacked up right now from the hair transplant, but I think she's looking pretty cool so far. Be kind; she's my first custom to involve this level of dis-assembly and parts-swapping.

(Edit: Dangit, I'm not sure how to rotate the pic once it's here. You'll figure out the gist of it.)

nice work Chux... she looks great.

Ando
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
All the female heads post 25th line have had hair that is glued/removable. It's not just Helix.

Sweet! I will definitely have to check that out.

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Sweet! I will definitely have to check that out.

I take that back. Lady Jaye and the earlier 25th Baronesses may not be. But Scarletts, Covergirls and ROC Baronesses definitely are.

El Chuxter
09-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the kind words, guys. If you notice any problems, please don't take me too literally at the "be kind" comment. I know of a couple of issues, the chief one being the length of her arms. I like the appearance of a little exposed wrist, though, so I might "cheat" by displaying her with both arms bent to hide that they appear to be the equivalent of about four inches longer than normal. (The legs are a tad proportionally long, but I purposefully chose parts that had the right appearance and were slightly longer, going for a "leggy" appearance since she was a former model.) There's some damage under her right, uh, boob from me not using enough padding when cracking the torso, but I think some paint and the jacket should totally obscure that from sight. My only real regret is that I wanted to keep the original face, but, even if it hadn't messed up, I'm not entirely sure it was painted fully enough to not expose yellow plastic with the Baroness hair.

There's probably a how-to from someone better at it than me, but I found boiling the head for a minute or two, slowly working something between the head and hair, and repeating, using an x-acto knife when absolutely necessary, worked best. The bulk of the cement seemed to be in the back and in the groove attachment in the top (which I wasn't aware of until I got to it); once it's only attached in the groove, the hair twisted off fairly easily.

I think the amored Scarlett figure actually has a nicer head of hair, but it's too well-managed, IMHO, for any Joe who's actually going into combat. I can see Cover Girl putting on her designer boots and making sure her bomber jacket is properly positioned for maximum style before going out to run over Cobras in her tank, but not taking two hours and a can of mousse on her hair.

I know I could rotate the pic before it was uploaded, but I thought you could do it afterward. I'm just lazy.

BTW, I'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to guns, but I'm noticing a dearth of M-16's in the line, and Marauder appears to only sell them with the grenade launcher attachment. What's the best way to get an M-16 of decent enough quality to use with a Joe, but without the grenade launcher? CG's filecard lists that as one of her qualified firearms, but she's rather small and I somehow don't see her dealing with the extra weight of the grenade launcher. (Lady Jaye, on the other hand, would not only carry it, but beat people over the head with it. :))

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Well considering the M16 went out of service style in the 80s and they switched to the M4 or some other weapon?

I'm weird, every Joe but Scarlett and Lady Jaye for me has a Marauder gun. I break them down into Joe guns and Cobra guns when new sets come out. There is one Marauder M16 with removable clip. I understand the want/need for the file card, but there's so much better guns out there now. For the females I'm torn between MP5s and P90s, although the MP7 has made quite the impression on me (i love marauder's version, especially with a scope and the modular silencer!!!). There's the Brittish LR85, I tend to avoid the AUG21 since I place that gun in the Cobra camp.

There was an M4/M16 from Hasbro that came with a shotgun underslung it from Hasbro. I always found that one very easy to trim off and instant M16. Let me dig around for a day or two I can try to see what I have since I'm trying to forcibly retire the M16 from all figures I own.

El Chuxter
09-18-2009, 12:12 AM
I picked up an exclusive set at TRU that's a Mole Pod, two Neo Vipers (with slightly different outfits and/or bodies), a Pit Commando with short sleeves, Duke, and Ripcord. It was $25, a huge bargain. I was on the fence, since I have one Mole Pod, want to get the second for the upcoming Lava Viper, and am not particularly crazy about the vehicle in the first place. But, as cheap as it was (buy five figures for $10 less than retail, and get a Mole Pod free), I figured better to snatch it up while it was there than pass.

At that price, that thing is a far cry from the Lars homestead set.

figrin bran
09-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Wait a minute, Hasbro/TRU charges only $25 for that set when a set of 3 Marvel Universe figures costs more than that??? And when you consider that some Targets around me charge 9.09 for ROC figures, it's a downright steal!

I like the 25th Cover Girl, btw, Chux. I may try it but with hair from some of the extra MU Ms. Marvels I got.

El Chuxter
09-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I wound up with a couple of Attack on the GIJoe Pit Baronesses that I got for the glasses (and because, if you swap the head, the body can be used as a sort of vamped-up She-Viper). If she goes on clearance, I'm buying every single one I can find; I've got specs for Monkeywrench and the Cool Breeze I'm working on, but it's not like the glasses are available elsewhere, and it's a nice piece to have available.

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the movie Duke and Ripcord I now have. Don't want to use the Ripcord head on anyone, since that's what I used for Cool Breeze and two Marlon Wayans would look odd. The Duke doesn't look too much like anyone, but I'm sure I can find a use for it. I was thinking about making a Robert Skelton from it, but the head's way too big for any helmet I have that's even remotely similar to the SAW-Viper helmet. Any ideas for classic characters who look like Channing Tatum?

figrin bran
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
I picked up the last remaining Gung Ho/Copperhead pack at WM today.

I had completely neglected to look for these when I was looking for the WM exclusive DCUC 5 pack last week.

El Chuxter
09-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I have to say, I want the Night Adder, Red Fang, and SNAKE, likely multiples of all, and am finding nothing but the first few waves. I'm getting a bit worried, but not eBay worried.

El Chuxter
09-20-2009, 07:53 PM
BTW, an interesting observation: Hasbro re-uses, or at least re-purposes, stands. I wanted a blank ROC Cobra stand, and was sanding the name "Destro" off the stand, when "Neo-Viper Commander" started to appear. I thought it was a little weird. Rather than sand through God-knows-how-many layers of names, I repainted the front at that point.

DarkArtist
09-25-2009, 07:21 AM
picked up 2 of the offscreen 2 packs last night in Walmart.... Gung-Ho and Copperhead, Monkey Wrench and Tunnel Rat... haven't had a chance to open them yet but looking forward to it.

DarkArtist
09-25-2009, 10:38 AM
just placed an order for The Doctor on HTS.... tired of hunting for the figure and really he is one of the last figures of ROC that i'm really interested in.

DarkArtist
09-26-2009, 12:45 PM
picked up the last of the off-screen 2 packs from Walmart this morning Night Creeper and Shockblast.

darthbooger
09-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Does anyone here have any ideas about what I could convert the Pit vehicle into so that it fits in the Starwars universe? And did anyone notice that the wal mart two pack Tunnel Rat looks alot like a member of the Viet Cong? I found that kinda odd. :ninja:

El Chuxter
09-27-2009, 12:29 PM
He's supposed to look like Larry Hama, who is definitely Asian, but they went overboard, and he wound up looking like a stereotype. He's also kinda heavily-built for a tunnel rat.

Oddly, don't recall if I mentioned it, but the unmasked Storm Shadow looks more like a young Hama than the guy who plays him in the movie.

DarkArtist
09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Does anyone here have any ideas about what I could convert the Pit vehicle into so that it fits in the Starwars universe? And did anyone notice that the wal mart two pack Tunnel Rat looks alot like a member of the Viet Cong? I found that kinda odd. :ninja:

are you refering to the PIT headquarters or the Cobra Mole Pod.... if it is the PIT I was use as a base for maybe the Rebels since they are a ragtag bunch of traitors to the Empire they wouold need to use anything available to fight the Empire...the PIT could be a long abandoned base or underground hanger/base..... it could even be converted into a droid base or a Clone Outpost of somekind...

if it is the Mole Pod I wuld go with a EU sorta Droid vehicle that is used to boar into Clone vehicles or clone bases and launch attacks against the armies of the Republic...

darthbooger
09-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I should have been more specific, I meant the huge pit headquarters. Thanks for the ideas Darkartist. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Am I to understand that you want to get a $100 playset to customize it into something else, but weren't sure what to do with it?

darthbooger
09-28-2009, 12:14 PM
No, the understanding should go a little like this- I purchased $100 twenty pound POS playset for $25 and I am trying to find a practical Star Wars use for it. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. :) I've got no problem whatsoever with anyone doing whatever to their toys, but $100 seemed like a lot to drop without a clear use for it. :D

DarkArtist
09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I should have been more specific, I meant the huge pit headquarters. Thanks for the ideas Darkartist. :thumbsup:

no problem glad to help.

i would love a PITT to customize but can't afford the pricetag at this time...still holding out for a Clone Wars Turbo Tank

El Chuxter
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I keep seeing the Pit in the store and thinking, "Soon, you will be mine. After Christmas, you will be twelve dollars, and I will have you!"

It keeps me occupied as I go through the pegs looking for something other than Wave 1 figures.

darthbooger
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Somebody wrote that there was a huge sale on the Pit online last week and ran through Oct 5th but I cant remember which retailer it was. Anyway after the discount it came to like 60 bucks I think. :confused:

Darth Jax
09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
if it is the Mole Pod I wuld go with a EU sorta Droid vehicle that is used to boar into Clone vehicles or clone bases and launch attacks against the armies of the Republic...

could always retcon Lando's miner vehicles from the Thrawn trilogy into physical mining vehicles rather than plasma jets

RooJay
09-29-2009, 01:36 AM
:sad:It's been weeks since I've found any new GI Joe toys. I still don't have Dr. Rex, any of the two-packs, or the Crimson Hydra or Dragonhawk (should have grabbed those when I saw them the first time!)

El Chuxter
09-29-2009, 01:58 AM
I've said it before, but I'm really getting worried about the Wave 2 mini-vehicles at Target, particularly the re-named SNAKE Armor (which everyone seems to want multiples of, myself included). I think the local Targets are actually putting out more of the stinking Grand Slam figures, and, for some reason, the Eel and AVAC aren't moving nearly as quickly as awesome-looking Cobra army builders with practically free vehicles should.

RooJay
09-29-2009, 02:31 AM
I actually did see one of those wave 2 mini-vehicles a couple weeks back, so I know they're out there - I came across the GI Joe version of the Wave Crusher (the one that previously came with the Eel) with Depth Charge, or Deep Six, or whatever the heck it is they're calling that guy. I passed on it since it's pretty much the same vehicle I already bought with the Eel, and the Joe figure looked like just another repaint of Torpedo. I've been scoruing Target toy aisles ever since trying to find the rest of them, or any new product for that matter!

DarkArtist
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
the Target vehicles are cool...thinking about investing in the Rhino... wouldn't mind getting the Storm Shadow with cycle but that's about it.

pbarnard
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
the Target vehicles are cool...thinking about investing in the Rhino... wouldn't mind getting the Storm Shadow with cycle but that's about it.

So you're interested a former internet exclusive that's had a 150% price increase and something that clogged the pegs from 2004-2005? :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
The Rhino is cool. I wasn't collecting Joes at that time, and didn't even know about it.

It's pretty funny that the pack-in is called Rampage, who was a reissue of Heavy Metal character with a new name back in the 1980s, and is a full-on remake of the classic Heavy Metal, but the filename apparently belongs to that bald "Speed Metal" guy in the TRU set now, from what I've read.

Nothing against Heavy Metal. He always looked cool, but I only remember him as "one of the forgotten generic vehicle drivers killed by the SAW Viper."

pbarnard
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Well the Ninja Lightning cycles, which is what the latest is just a remake of, was so bad that it was released 3 times (1 for SE, 1 for SS, 1 for Kamakura?!?!?) it was on clearance more often than not with Big Brawler's gun platform.

El Chuxter
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
And, curiously, the Snake Eyes one is the one that's selling the most quickly of any of these sets.

pbarnard
09-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Makes me wonder why these idiots, I mean people didn't buy it the first time. Or even for 2.99 when they made that price.

RooJay
10-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Some of us idiots really hated the GI Joe figures from around the time the Cycles were first released. Plus, they seem to fit these figures - which are taller and much more poseable - far better.

Also, I'm extremely happy with my former internet exclusive - even at the 150% markup. Money well spent, in my opinion, and my favorite of the recent Joe vehicles.

DarkArtist
10-01-2009, 11:02 AM
when the Rhino first came out there really wasn't any G.I. Joe stuff on the market that I was interested in so it was any easy pass. even today the pull of the vehicle and the reviews I have read make me want one but I won't fgeel bad if I save the $40 and put it towards a Turbo Tank or whatever is going to be the next big vehicle from Hasbro.

would I like to own the Rhino....Yes. can I live without it...Yes....will i drop the $40 for it... that's a question without an answer for the time being... perhaps Target will clearence them and I'll get one that way. who knows...

pbarnard
10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Wrong footpegs. They didn't bother to even retool the Rhino for the re-release and price hike. So the footpegs won't work with 25th/ROC figures.

DarkArtist
10-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Got the Doctor figure today from HTS with the white lab coat instead of the black.. i know there is a variant just not sure which one of these is the variant. can't wait to set up my McFarlane Frankstien playset and use the pieces for the Doctor's lab.

El Chuxter
10-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Saw Arctic Snake Eyes, Battle Damaged Storm Shadow (Arctic? I think so, but it seems counterintuitive to have a half-naked guy in the ice.), Duke in whatever new armor he has, Paris Pursuit Baroness, and Rex in the black suit.

I really have no idea why people rave about the Snake Eyes. He looks like butt on a platter. The only things decent were the legs, which were clearly stolen from the Ice Viper.

Storm Shadow looked cool, and was slightly tempting. But I passed; I'm not in need of any half-naked guys with big slashes on their bellies.

Duke is puke, as expected. Seeing PP Baroness again, I don't see the big deal about her, either. Both Baronesses suck, but the other one at least has potential for spare parts.

I almost got Rex, but he's a bit too S&M and scarred to use as decent lab tech. The claws were silly, too. If he'd been $5, I would've gotten him, but not for $8. I've realized I need to cut back even further on toys, and I'll save this month's budget for better stuff, like those SNAKE suits if they actually exist. Or, shoot, even the Red Fang Ninja and Night Adder. (I'm planning to cannibalize Red Fang's accessories and give him a rifle, to be a sort of Night Creeper sniper. And Night Adder, dude, with those tats, I've got to get him.)

DarkArtist
10-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Saw Arctic Snake Eyes, Battle Damaged Storm Shadow (Arctic? I think so, but it seems counterintuitive to have a half-naked guy in the ice.), Duke in whatever new armor he has, Paris Pursuit Baroness, and Rex in the black suit.

I really have no idea why people rave about the Snake Eyes. He looks like butt on a platter. The only things decent were the legs, which were clearly stolen from the Ice Viper.

Storm Shadow looked cool, and was slightly tempting. But I passed; I'm not in need of any half-naked guys with big slashes on their bellies.

Duke is puke, as expected. Seeing PP Baroness again, I don't see the big deal about her, either. Both Baronesses suck, but the other one at least has potential for spare parts.

I almost got Rex, but he's a bit too S&M and scarred to use as decent lab tech. The claws were silly, too. If he'd been $5, I would've gotten him, but not for $8. I've realized I need to cut back even further on toys, and I'll save this month's budget for better stuff, like those SNAKE suits if they actually exist. Or, shoot, even the Red Fang Ninja and Night Adder. (I'm planning to cannibalize Red Fang's accessories and give him a rifle, to be a sort of Night Creeper sniper. And Night Adder, dude, with those tats, I've got to get him.)

i agree with you Chux and having to cut back...might have to curtail some of my spending habits in regards to figures and start making smarter choices and purchases and not feel like I have to buy a whole wave of figures.

i hate having to cut back as this is my release of stress but actions must be taken....either that or get 2 other jobs....

Darth Jax
10-02-2009, 07:51 AM
it's been easy for me to pass the female figs released so far in the ROC line (cept for Helix). They've all looked like carp so far.

Ji'dai
10-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Got the Doctor figure today from HTS with the white lab coat instead of the black.. i know there is a variant just not sure which one of these is the variant. can't wait to set up my McFarlane Frankstien playset and use the pieces for the Doctor's lab. I'd forgotten about that playset. I have one too (along with the Dracula & Werewolf one). I'll have to dig it out for Halloween.

I haven't bought any ROC stuff. I haven't seen the movie either. Pegs are overflowing with the initial waves but I did see the doctor, Arctic SE & SS, and the Paris Pursuit figs again on a sidekick at WM. Seems like local stores are running out of room to put this line, which doesn't seem to be moving at all. Why basic figs are still $8 each is beyond me. These things should be $4.97 tops.

DarkArtist
10-05-2009, 07:26 AM
haven't seen any new ROC figures in a long time... i think most of the stores by me are holding back on ordering the new waves since the pegs are clogged with the first wave. I must have counted about 50 Destro's and 50 Baroness' in the TRU in East Brunswick not to mention dozens of Duke, Snake Eyes and Heavy Duty's.

pbarnard
10-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Got the Doctor figure today from HTS with the white lab coat instead of the black.. i know there is a variant just not sure which one of these is the variant. can't wait to set up my McFarlane Frankstien playset and use the pieces for the Doctor's lab.

White coat is the "rarer" of the variants. This line is Episode I all over again.

DarkArtist
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
picked up the black coat Doctor today at walmart. first time i've spotted new roc figures on the pegs. they had both Artic Snake Eyes and Artic Storm Shadow as well but both look horrible so they were an easy pass.

El Chuxter
10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
WM still had all the new figures from a couple of days ago. I even saw more of the new armored Dukes and Paris Pursuit Baronesses, so it may be that they sold some, but got more in.

Three Targets put out more of the exclusive mini-vehicles... wave 1 again!!!