PDA

View Full Version : I saw a car tattoo'd with Clone Wars stickers all over it!

Tycho
07-12-2009, 01:51 AM
I visit kidney disease patients in the hospital now as something I volunteer for. I saw a young man who is really like the same age as I am, who I knew from my days on dialysis. We sat and visited and watched the Padres game and his mom came and brought us both something to eat.

When he's able to, I told him I will take him to watch a live game and we picked out our seats on a map of my favorite ballpark that I just happen to keep in my wallet (it's the team's season schedule).

Anyway, knowing I had a kidney transplant inspires him as I hope to, and helps him to go on. Well, thanks to BobaFrett here, I got the "Star Wars Kidney." (It comes with an insatiable desire to collect all things Galactic Empire - but Barry's much worse than I am in that respect -but don't forget that Mouse Droids are of great service to the Empire.)

But so I'm driving over there, right? And I pass next to a station wagon, or the more modern approximation of one - not sure what they call those. I think it was a sign (definitely a disturbance in the Force) that this car's rear and side windows were covered with Clone Wars stickers (Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Rex, Ventress, Cody, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, Destroyer Droids, the various tanks and star fighters - it was crazy.) It was driven by a large guy, with glasses and a few afternoons' shadows. I think it might have been........SUPER NERD! Yup. He might have been on his way to the San Diego Comic Con (not for at least 11 more days) so that he could camp out and make sure he'll be the first in line.

I've heard that's a coveted spot at Comic Con (first in line). If Super Nerd is there already, he may have gotten the jump on Ultimate Nerd, Major Nerd, Might Nerd, Big Fn Nerd, and all the rest.

This could be one crazy Comic Con!

sith_killer_99
07-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Interesting! Do you remember what make it was? Subaru, Mazda, etc?

These new "Station Wagons" are usually called hatchbacks. They prefer to refer to them as 5 door cars. I think they are ugly myself, but some of them are really high performance cars. The Subaru WRX (STI) and Mazdaspeed 3 are 2 examples of fast, high performance station wagons....I still call 'em station wagons,lol

Did the car look like one of these pics?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, I saw someone who'd left a refrigerator out by the curb with lots of bumperstickers stuck to it. One was a Raiders sticker. Also several skateboarding ones. 'Nuff said.

sith_killer_99
07-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Well, I saw someone who'd left a refrigerator out by the curb with lots of bumperstickers stuck to it. One was a Raiders sticker. Also several skateboarding ones. 'Nuff said.

Oakland Raiders or LA Raiders? Just trying to get a feel for old the refrigerator was. :laugh:

Bel-Cam Jos
07-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Oakland Raiders or LA Raiders? Just trying to get a feel for old the refrigerator was. :laugh:Actually, it was Tusken. :pleased:

JimJamBonds
07-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Oakland Raiders or LA Raiders? Just trying to get a feel for old the refrigerator was. :laugh:

Oakland Raiders 1.0 or 2.0?

sith_killer_99
07-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Oakland Raiders 1.0 or 2.0?

Good point.:laugh:

Blue2th
07-12-2009, 02:09 PM
That's a touching and funny story. lol

We nerds like our station wagons in case we happen upon a huge score of toys.
Not only that, we can sleep in the back on cross country treks for toys.
Or like I did when I went to SDCC in '06 I slept in the back of mine halfway over for a few hours.

I don't however have the stickers though, just Boba hanging on the dash as mascot.

I remember getting flipped off by a couple of girls in their shiny new yellow VW after getting an In and out Burger there in the Mission Valley because I hesitated getting back on the hiway. I think they were irritated at all the traffic for SDCC.
Anyways they underestimated the power of my wagon when they passed me with their expletive, as I easily caught up to them with a big fat reciprocation. I think I scared them.

If it was black it would look like a mousedroid on wheels.

Tycho
07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I remember getting flipped off by a couple of girls in their shiny new yellow VW after getting an In and out Burger there in the Mission Valley

I live right down the street from that In and Out Burger!

Sith_Killer: I don't remember the station wagon that well. I was looking at the stickers. The wagon was gray though.

Blue2th
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I live right down the street from that In and Out Burger!

I'll bet you get the "In and Out Urge" every once and a while. lol

(that's the modified bumper sticker I used to see btw)

Tycho
07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
They're good. I'll give them that. But I allow myself 2 "burger days" a week - I watch my diet carefully to maintain my weight and increase my athletic ability all the time now that I'm recovered. So when I elect to have a burger (which will compete with a steak as part of the red meat plan) I usually choose to go out to get a large restaurant burger. In And Out's are sort of small.

Oh - and the restaurant burger must come with a 52" HD TV on the wall projecting the Padres game and be accompanied by pretty girls at the bar. :thumbsup: