PDA

View Full Version : Man vs. Cartoon

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I caught this show this weekend. I forget what channel it's on [wait for it... searching... ], or I just found out it's on truTV (what used to be Court TV, right?). They take (so far the episodes I've seen are only this one; there could be other cartoons later) clips from the Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoons and try to duplicate the Acme products schemes WEC tries to use to catch/kill RR. It's pretty good, and they've been fairly successful in matching the contraptions. Check it out!

pbarnard
07-14-2009, 12:07 PM
But how are they at continuing to run off the edge of a cliff until they look down?

DarthQuack
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Man vs Food is much better. Wednesday nights at 10 on the Travel Channel I believe.

El Chuxter
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
They should do Man vs Silverhawks, where someone makes a moronic costume and flies into space without a mask.

pbarnard
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
They should do Man vs Silverhawks, where someone makes a moronic costume and flies into space without a mask.

Wait, I've heard this in a George Carlin routine...we crucify one rich white middle class banker (Political party dropped) on halftime of Monday night football to pay off the national debt...

El Chuxter
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
George Carlin cared enough about Silverhawks to use them in a routine?

Man vs GIJoe: a guy runs into the middle of a raging firefight dressed in a bright red football jersey to test whether or not he'll get shot.

pbarnard
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
George Carlin cared enough about Silverhawks to use them in a routine?

Man vs GIJoe: a guy runs into the middle of a raging firefight dressed in a bright red football jersey to test whether or not he'll get shot.

Depends on who's shooting/gets shot first: Big Lob or Bazooka. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Wait, I've heard this in a George Carlin routine...we crucify one rich white middle class banker (Political party dropped) on halftime of Monday night football to pay off the national debt...

A "rich middle class banker"? lol Which one is it?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
You've all ruined my thread! Ruined, I tells ya! :mad: :shakeyerfistharderboy:

Really, on the program, they build the contraptions Wile E. uses (dropping an anvil from a balloon, putting a grenade in a mini propeller plane, rocket rollerskates, etc.), to see if they will work in "real life." It's facinating.

Now, back to your Man vs. [insert cartoon here] tomfoolery... :rolleyes:

TeeEye7
07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Here be the website:

http://www.trutv.com/shows/man_vs_cartoon/index.html

My cable provider doesn't offer Trutv, so I be out of luck.