PDA

View Full Version : Show Off Your Collection

TooWanBee
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
I would really enjoy seeing other member's collections. Here is my collection. Browse my photo stream for close ups. I plan to reshoot these. Need to learning how to change the depth of field on my Canon 1DS.

213 ships in total. Hasbro Titanium Series, Galoob Action Fleet Alpha, X-Ray Series.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70714584@N00/3721403308/

I would love feedback and insight on finding missing items.

(Off topic) but my new album is out now. See below.
www.jerrymarkhamamusic.com

Darth Duranium
07-15-2009, 02:25 AM
I would really enjoy seeing other member's collections. Here is my collection. Browse my photo stream for close ups. I plan to reshoot these. Need to learning how to change the depth of field on my Canon 1DS.

Very nice, TooWan. Your TS collection looks quite complete to me... in fact, I was wondering about the 3 MTTs. How are they different? Cleaner or dirtier paint? Have you customized any of your TS ships? What are you looking for?

I agree... photographing these ships is a real pain in the arse.

On that note, I took a few crap pics of my small ships shelving unit for you... this is how it looks as of today.

I'm think I'm gonna wait until the TS ends before I try to take any decent pics...

sergiurusu
07-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I only collect(ed) Action Fleet and Micromachines (MM playsets). Unfortunately I don't have my collection displayed yet, except a few Imperial ships, but you can see me stuff below:

Action Fleet ships & vehicles collection (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Action%20Fleet%20collection/)

Action Fleet playset collection (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Action%20Fleet%20playsets/)

MicroMachines collection (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20MicroMachines%20collection/)

TooWanBee
07-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Very nice, TooWan. Your TS collection looks quite complete to me... in fact, I was wondering about the 3 MTTs. How are they different? Cleaner or dirtier paint? Have you customized any of your TS ships? What are you looking for?

On that note, I took a few crap pics of my small ships shelving unit for you... this is how it looks as of today.

I'm think I'm gonna wait until the TS ends before I try to take any decent pics...

Thanks very much for sharing. I love the shelf. Did you make that yourself? Mine came from IKEA.

The three MTTs only have slight paint differences. Not enough to say they are variations though. I just never took them back to the store.

I haven't customized any of my TS ships.

What I'm missing?
That $300 Gold X-Wing from SDCC.
A few TS from the WAVE that wasn't released last year.
Some of the X-Ray series stuff (5 I think)
Many of the Action Fleet Alpha Series in 3" scale.

Incidentally I have managed to collect a few of the bigger Action Fleet ships loose from conventions and toy fairs. So, if the price is cheap loose, or sold as a lot loose, I may collect. It gets expensive to have too many collections on my budget.

I'm already a 3 1/4" droid collector. I'll have to do a count on those some day. I currently have about 15 of those oversized plastic tubs full of droids MIB. I do collect doubles of the astromech droids so I can have extras of each to display.

These were taken a few months ago. I've added many more recently.

TooWanBee
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I only collect(ed) Action Fleet and Micromachines (MM playsets). Unfortunately I don't have my collection displayed yet, except a few Imperial ships, but you can see me stuff below:

Action Fleet ships & vehicles collection (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Action%20Fleet%20collection/)

Action Fleet playset collection (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Action%20Fleet%20playsets/)

MicroMachines collection (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20MicroMachines%20collection/)

You've got some money invested there. Does this take up a room in your house?

I bought some of those adjustable metal racks at Lowes Home Improvement to put my plastic tubs on. Nice way to keep everything stowed, keep from collapsing like cardboard boxes, and the tubs are clear. That way you can find what you need quick without digging everything out. Here's just one of the shelves.

Blue2th
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM

Nice DT! Nice everyone! :thumbsup:
Now we know how you display your ST ships. ;)
Where did you get that shelf? It's perfect for the height of small scale ships.
Looks like it might be a CD or DVD shelf perhaps?

I have almost as many small scale ships, Titaniums, Action Fleet etc, as every one here but lack the shelf space for now.

Darth Duranium
07-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Thanks :thumbsup:... no, I built the shelf because I couldn't find anything suitable at the store. It's just blue-stained pine but it does the trick... though not everything fits anymore.:cry:

sergiurusu
07-16-2009, 08:48 AM
You've got some money invested there. Does this take up a room in your house?

I bought some of those adjustable metal racks at Lowes Home Improvement to put my plastic tubs on. Nice way to keep everything stowed, keep from collapsing like cardboard boxes, and the tubs are clear. That way you can find what you need quick without digging everything out. Here's just one of the shelves.

I have similar boxes for my Action Fleet and MM stuff :)

Blue2th
07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
After putting almost everything away to make room for the rellies, some of my stuff has re-amerged in my minimanclave:

Darth Duranium
07-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Great collection Sergiu! Quite the comprehensive collection... jeez, it's a good thing you have more than 1 house! You don't collect the Titaniums? How come?

Nice, Blue… the (Mini) Mahn-clave is back! Some cool stuff in there… I like how you’ve hung the Hallmarks… are they plugged in? I’ve been sorely tempted to do something similar so I could look at ‘em lit and blinking away all year ‘round. Long ago, I contemplated hanging the AF ships like that, too.

That’s Vader’s MR lightsaber on top, ain’t it? I’ve got one too, though it lives at a friend’s place with about 8 other sabers (not mine). We recently had a (non-sober) saber battle in his back yard at night with a bunch of (old enough to know better) friends and our dogs… a blast! Of course, the Sith handily defeated that Jedi scum… and then crawled away to pass out...

Other neat stuff: is that a Mitsubishi Zero and an Avenger (or a Dauntless) flying in there? Nice... I love planes.

Are those Sentinels from the Matrix? I’ve got a huge one and small one… I really wish they’d done a Nebuchadnezzar!

You’ve got to take a few close-ups of the shelves… though I think I can I.D. a bunch of them from this shot… some seem familiar, somehow! What’s that refit at the top right, near Yoda?

Blue2th
07-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah it's just the low-tech way for now just so I could get them up there. Black paper clips and scotch tape, but the principal is sound by then running the wires through the paper backboard ( I found this shelf dumpster diving ) and then plug them in to a light wire then to a power strip for off and on shows.

I want to get or build a better shelf like yours.

That's a Sentinel and Mifune's Last Stand (3 3/4 figure in a walker) Darth Vader Lightsaber, Refit..I don't really like it so it may come down for the AA Enterprise A as well as rotate a few other things and put more ships up there.

Yup Dauntless and Zero in 1:32. Can you imagine a 1:18? No room for those right now. With the 1:32 planes I can hang quite a few and they're out of the way but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

There's some close ups in the SSSTS thread of the little ships.

Darth Duranium
07-22-2009, 10:42 PM
The false back for the wires is a good idea... I take it that your HM ships don't go on the tree anymore? That's my dilemma.

My unit's shelves are 5 inches apart and 5.5" deep... seemed about right. The whole thing's 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide... I could use another one for my AFs and stuff.

Used up a surprising amount of lumber but I couldn't find anything with enough shelves for TS/JL etc. Next time I'll probably go to a used store fixtures place to find a new unit... I was originally going to put a plexiglas front on it... but it's just too frakkin' expensive. Maybe LED strip lighting some day, too...

Wow... those 1:18s must be huge! Nice, though.

I guess I missed Mifune's Last Stand at the stores... never saw it before. Cool! How tall is it unboxed? It might look cool with the Ripley Powerloader from the Konami Aliens set.

sergiurusu
07-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Great collection Sergiu! Quite the comprehensive collection... jeez, it's a good thing you have more than 1 house! You don't collect the Titaniums? How come?

Thanks DT. I didn't start collecting Titaniums because IMHO I considered them a lower quality product than Action Fleet or MicroMachines and I was sad Hasbro canceled AF and MM and brought this line instead (line that is closing to its death too). I do have a few small Titaniums: Death Star, AT-AT, AT-ST, Wookiee Flyer and Swamp speeder - the last 2 because they are ok with Action Fleet in size, and the others because I collect OT Imperials.