PDA

View Full Version : New Thor movie

bigbarada
07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Just saw this on Marvel.com, she's playing Thor's love interest Jane Foster:
http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.8745.Thor_Update~colon~_Portman_Cast_ as_Jane_Foster

So far, this movie is looking pretty good based on the people involved. I'm realy happy to hear that Kenneth Branagh is directing and, I haven't seen the new Star Trek, but Chris Hemsworth definitely looks the part of Thor.

I'm hoping that they keep a distinctive fantasy feel for Asgard and don't try to update it for modern times.

2-1B
07-19-2009, 09:57 PM
They should have hired the guy who played Thor in "Adventures in Babysitting" to play Thor.

El Chuxter
07-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh, hell yes! It could've tampered with the Thor mythos and made it where the girl reminded the guy he really was Thor, and pick up his story where Adventures in Babysitting leaves off.

Because, sorry, Thor sucks. Only making it an Adventures in Babysitting sequel can save it.

Rocketboy
07-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Because, sorry, Thor sucks. Only making it an Adventures in Babysitting sequel can save it.Iron Man used to suck also.

Actually, the comic Iron man stills sucks, but the movie Iron Man was great.

El Chuxter
07-19-2009, 11:54 PM
This is true. With Branagh at the helm, this could be as good as the comic is craptacular. Meaning it will surpass Star Wars.

The only time the comic interested me was when Eric Masterson became the replacement Thor. Even though the actual handling of it smacked of 90s fanboy wank, the idea of a real mortal getting this immense amount of power and using it in a far less "godlike" fashion was a great one. Too bad it didn't last and we got the criminally stupid "Thor Corps."

Rocketboy
07-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Oooh! And maybe we'll get that Frog Thor fella!

preacher
07-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Or the thor that looks like a horse. Beta something.

sith_killer_99
07-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I wonder if Portman will be able to develop some onscreen chemistry (ANY CHEMISTRY) with her co-star. I have my doubts.:rolleyes:

As for "Thor" I figured they would get someone...bigger. They may as well have hired Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse...True Blood).:rolleyes:

It could be the next Iron Man, I have my doubts, we will see.

TeeEye7
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I wonder if Portman will be able to develop some onscreen chemistry (ANY CHEMISTRY) with her co-star. I have my doubts.:rolleyes:

I thought she and Jean Reno had pretty good chemistry.

;)

bigbarada
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM

Based on this video it looks like Natalie is crushing hard on Chris Hemsworth, hopefully that translates onscreen:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102352-go-on-the-thor-set

JimJamBonds
06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
They should have hired the guy who played Thor in "Adventures in Babysitting" to play Thor.

Or Thor Riley who went to school with at UWGB.

Qui-Long Gone
12-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Seen the trailer? What do you think? Are you too a racist and planning to say no to black Norwegian gods?

*I think the film looks slick and will fit into the Avengers universe nicely.

El Chuxter
12-16-2010, 11:53 PM
I haven't. But I think there's a thread about Thor here somewhere already.... ;)

Phantom-like Menace
12-17-2010, 07:01 AM
I really don't like Thor. I think it's pretty stupid to have characters from mythology in comics. I've even refused to have his figure displayed with my Marvel Legends figures. I went on record when the movie was announced as saying I'd only watch it if Viggo Mortensen or (maybe Karl Urban) played Thor. I figured I'd skip the movie and have to put up with him in The Avengers. I clicked on a link to the trailer out of morbid curiosity. . . .

And it looks good. I'm kind of shocked. I may be up for checking this out.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2010, 07:54 PM
I want to know if Lucky, that guy from the Diet Coke construction worker commercials tries to beat up Thor/Sigurd Jarlson and gets a hammer to the chops.

:mergethreads:

scruffziller
02-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I took one look at the trailer and yelled THIS IS GOING TO BE CRAP!!!!!!!!

JediTricks
02-27-2011, 05:28 PM
The toys are out now, they're hilariously bad.

The role-play Mjolnir is a little silly and a little cool, its got thunder sounds and a very small plug in the front flashes blue and shoots a missile. I wanted to hold it aloft and yell "by the power of Asgard, I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRR!!!!"

El Chuxter
02-27-2011, 05:30 PM
I saw the toys and thought about all the kids who can't wait to army build Thor.

Because that's all they'll be able to do.

bigbarada
03-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I took one look at the trailer and yelled THIS IS GOING TO BE CRAP!!!!!!!!

I wish they had gone with more of a Lord of the Rings feel for the Asgard scenes and Thor's appearance. Of course that wouldn't have meshed as well visually with Iron Man, but that's the whole point of the Avengers: you take fundamentally different character archetypes, that don't mesh well together, and you mesh them together and somehow it works.