PDA

View Full Version : Target Geonosis 2-Packs

Blue2th
07-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Pics up at Jedi Defender.

Looks like a new Battle Droid sculpt finally.

http://www.jedidefender.com/index.php

DarkJedi5
07-17-2009, 07:02 PM
These seem pretty hit or miss. I'm pretty excited about the Kit Fisto (the open hand pose is great for a Geonosis Dio with 3PO) an decent Mace, and SA Coleman Trebor. The other human Jedi are okay but I wasn't asking for them or anything. And yawn another Yoda. weee.

The Seps are about the same. The Droideka is a superior sculpt and the best one to date IMO. The Geonosian is SA which is great! The Super battle droid is another good one but the holes in the chest take away from it (why haven't they plugged those?). I am shocked that Jango is STILL purple!! Clearly we haven't made enough of a stink over the current Greatest Hits purple version and now we get another one? But as ticked as I am about Jango's crappiness I am sooo excited about the new battle droids. Finally a SA droid that looks like it can do everything we saw it do on film (well actually it doesn't look like it will be able to achieve the two-handed stance from the films). Hopefully this will be something we can army build before too long.

JediTricks
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Something about these doesn't work for me. First off, the timing. But there's a few really odd sculpts and odd paintjobs. The Battle Droid almost-right transformation reminds me of the OOM-9 figure's telescoping neck, and until we can get a droid that can hold its weapon 2-handed correctly without looking weird freestanding, I think it's a slight miss. And poor Jango's coloring keeps getting worse and worse.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I'll probably get all these if I can find them. I definitely would like those two new Jedi.

Something does look weird with the paint jobs on them. Also, instead of making the lavender on the Evolutions Jango more blue, they seem to have made it more purple.

DarkJedi5
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Something about these doesn't work for me. First off, the timing. But there's a few really odd sculpts and odd paintjobs. The Battle Droid almost-right transformation reminds me of the OOM-9 figure's telescoping neck, and until we can get a droid that can hold its weapon 2-handed correctly without looking weird freestanding, I think it's a slight miss. And poor Jango's coloring keeps getting worse and worse.

JT, I know you're going to comic con this weekend, could you bug the Hasbro team for all of us about Jango's bad paint aps? I mean, do they really think he's supposed to be purple?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I think they said they're doing a blue/gray Jango next year, but they couldn't change this one for whatever reason.

The other figures all look pretty great. If I were to nitpick, I'd wish they had given Mace a different skirt so he could move his legs (and used the Saga Legends SBD). Still, I like the rest.

GeonosisJedi
08-06-2009, 12:00 PM
I think the Two-Packs are great!
Now, we are getting an all new Coleman Trebor, a great looking Kit Fisto and even Joclad Danva and Roth-Del Masona-two backround Jedi I tought I'd never see in action figure form.

Just look at my name...you'll know why I am excited.
My favorite figures have always been the Jedi, especially the backround ones..now my Survivors Circle in the Arena can be complete!

DarkJedi5
08-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Now, we are getting an all new Coleman Trebor, a great looking Kit Fisto and even Joclad Danva and Roth-Del Masona-two background Jedi I tought I'd never see in action figure form.

My favorite figures have always been the Jedi, especially the background ones..now my Survivors Circle in the Arena can be complete!

Well if you like these you'll probably be really excited to read this from JT's Comic-Con write up (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=58&p2_articleid=2293):

Target gets an "awesome, awesome 2-pack lineup," as Derryl puts it, based around the Geonosis Arena battle on Oct 1st. There's tons of excitement in the Geonosis arena scene that Hasbro felt they could recreate tons of exciting stuff and tell a unique story both with figures and packaging. The second 6 sets of this will continue in 2010 should this first wave prove successful. These will be new versions of characters like smiling Kit Fisto as we first met him, and Coleman Trebor. They did a brand new Battle Droid figure for these sets specifically to do one which can fold up, inspired by how they folded up in the MTT in Ep I. The package forms a semi-circle like an arena to create the perimeter if you don't want to take them out of the package.

So GeonosisJedi, if you see any of these sitting on shelves after a few weeks you should probably just start buying them up yourself to guarantee that they green light series 2.

GeonosisJedi
08-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up...I had no idea they were interested in continuing these.

I will most definately do all I can to make the sets a success...they are great releases that offer up opportunities for more backround Jedi releases.

JediTricks
08-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Something does look weird with the paint jobs on them. Also, instead of making the lavender on the Evolutions Jango more blue, they seem to have made it more purple.I took direct note of that when I saw it, it's pretty awful now. Hopefully this is addressed by the time it hits production, but I fear advancing failure.

JT, I know you're going to comic con this weekend, could you bug the Hasbro team for all of us about Jango's bad paint aps? I mean, do they really think he's supposed to be purple?Sorry, I wish I had seen this post before I went. They do believe it's purple though because up close, that's the fabric's color, but under studio lighting it doesn't look that way so we get a more "on-set authentic" color (although this new one is crazy) but it's not as screen accurate. Maybe someone should write a question for Hasbro about that.

Devo
08-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Now, we are getting an all new Coleman Trebor, a great looking Kit Fisto and even Joclad Danva and Roth-Del Masona-two backround Jedi I tought I'd never see in action figure form.

My favorite figures have always been the Jedi, especially the backround ones..now my Survivors Circle in the Arena can be complete!

I share your enthusiasm for these, continually painting Jango the wrong colour notwithstanding. I like that it looks like Hasbro will be creating pretty much every Geonosis Arena Jedi from the film. Once they single pack the maroon battledroids, release the best Droideka they have in saga legends (this one or the EP1 ('99) version) and keep the new SBD on the shelves the seperatist armies will be sorted too. Then we just need the Orray with execution cart, the Geonosian sonic cannon, padme with torn outfit, Rune Haako, maybe more generic geonosians and that whole scene is very well served, if not complete.

GeonosisJedi
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes, Devo, much agreed!
Though the Jango repaint is awful, The other Jedi figures are just great.
I'd love to see Hasbro release Sarissa Jeng or Sar Labooda as well.

Devo
08-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Yep. I wasn't familiar with Sar labooda but I'd take them all. Also the 2 jedi who throw lightsabers to Obi-wan and Anakin.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Yep. I wasn't familiar with Sar labooda but I'd take them all. Also the 2 jedi who throw lightsabers to Obi-wan and Anakin.

Sephjet Josall (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sephjet_Josall) and Nicanas Tassu (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nicanas_Tassu). I'd like to see them made someday as well.

GeonosisJedi
08-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Sephjet Josall (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sephjet_Josall) and Nicanas Tassu (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nicanas_Tassu). I'd like to see them made someday as well.

Indeed, they would also be great additions!

DarkJedi5
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
The sets are up on Target.com, I ordered mine yesterday and they shipped today. Not sure when these will hit shelves but I'll have mine in 3-5 days!

Bosskman
09-19-2009, 03:51 PM
The droids in the ones I saw look terrible. The BD has no eyes and OOM-9 has HUGE eyes. The curse of the battle droid lives on.

DarkJedi5
09-19-2009, 04:00 PM
The droids in the ones I saw look terrible. The BD has no eyes and OOM-9 has HUGE eyes. The curse of the battle droid lives on.

Did you see them in person? Are these on the shelves yet?

pbarnard
09-19-2009, 09:40 PM
The "new" Jedi and Coleman Trebor sets are sold out already online.

Bosskman
09-20-2009, 07:12 AM
I saw them at a Zellers here in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. They get Target exclusives here sometimes. I got Fisto and the Geo. They're both good figures.

DarkJedi5
09-20-2009, 12:04 PM

I saw pics online and it looks like you're right. I can't understand how that happened. Did we all miss that in the Comic Con photos? Bah, talk about a disappointment....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I saw pics online and it looks like you're right. I can't understand how that happened. Did we all miss that in the Comic Con photos? Bah, talk about a disappointment....
I noticed it in early pictures but hoped it would be corrected by the time of release. The pictures showed the SBD still having those holes from the 2007 version, but they look like they've been filled in (like the Saga Legends version). So, sometimes these things change without notice (Droid Factory Boba Fett, anyone?). I'm also a little annoyed at the placement of the yellow circle on the droid - they've had reference for 10 years, and they've made two commander droids before, and they still mess it up.

DarkJedi5
09-22-2009, 09:40 AM
I really don't even understand how one battledroid could have the eyes and they skip them entirely on the other droid. No one said, shouldn't these two look similar? On the other hand, I'd rather no eyes to dish-plate eyes, maybe I'll be able to paint my own on the battledroid but the commander looks like a lost cause. I just hope they put him in the Legends line with a corrected paint app soon.

DarkArtist
09-23-2009, 11:23 AM
haven't seen them at retail but I'm only interested in the 2 new Jedi figures the rest should be an easy pass.

jonthejedi
09-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Anybody have a Target DPCI# on this wave yet??? Anyone, anyone?

DarkJedi5
09-25-2009, 09:54 AM
The DCPI# is on Target.com which says they all have the same number: 087-06-0634

jonthejedi
09-26-2009, 03:53 AM
Many thanks!

FundingMyAddiction
09-27-2009, 04:14 AM
I received my order of all six packs from Target.com a day or two ago. I haven't gotten a chance to crack them open, but I'm really excited about them. The sculpting looks good on quite a few of the figures. My one complaint, and the one thing I could have done with, was more descriptive information on the back of the packs. Instead, they put a universal description of the beginning of the clone wars. I personally would have preferred more specific information on each Jedi and droid.

morpheus282
10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
haven't seen them at retail but I'm only interested in the 2 new Jedi figures the rest should be an easy pass.

Ditto. I still think I'm going to pass on them, but the new Jedi look like the only selling point to me. The new battle droids are ok, but until I see any of these in the wild I don't see adding them to my collection.

DarkJedi5
10-04-2009, 08:43 PM
To be honest, I bought almost the entire set. I skipped the Yoda set because it offered nothing new. The new Jedi (while only minor tweaks on existing sculpts) are the highlights. The battledroids are not worth buying yet. The new sculpts are pretty good (still can't do the two-handed stance) but the paint is no good. One's eyes are too small and the other's eyes are too big. These will no doubt land on Legends cardbacks in no time, hopefully with a corrected paint app.

morpheus282
10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm banking on Hasbro's tendency to reuse molds. I think we can be almost assured that all of these will hit the legends lineup sooner than later.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I haven't seen these online or in stores. If anyone has found them in stores, are they up near the registers like the Order 66 packs were? I didn't think to look there until yesterday, but no luck yet.

jonthejedi
10-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Picked up a set($88 with tax, ouch) at Laurel, MD Target using Target DPCI#(087-06-0634). The elect. guy mumbled something about the 10/11 date until I told him Target.com had been selling them for awhile. They did ring up ok.

Blue2th
10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Found these today at one Target.
I only bought 3:

Coleman Trebor / Jango
Joclad Danva / Battle Droid
Kit Fisto / Geonosian

I wanted to get all of them, but I had been searching all over every Target just to find a dark Rancor which I also bought. I paid the full pop for it, but there are no more dark ones in my area so I had to get it finally.

El Chuxter
10-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Saw 'em all yesterday, and was not impressed. :(

morpheus282
10-15-2009, 08:32 PM
My local Target had four of them. Yoda, Kit, and the two new Jedi. I considered picking one up, but I'm still holding out for the AT-ST and my budget is a little thin this month.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
My mom found and got four of them, aside from Mace and Coleman. Several Targets didn't have any, it seems.

JetsAndHeels
10-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Found these today at one Target.
I only bought 3:

Coleman Trebor / Jango

How is this set? This is really the only one I want, because it has Coleman Trebor (who I never bought when he was previously released), and it has Jango Fett which is a win for me.

Is it worth the purchase?

Blue2th
10-15-2009, 11:58 PM
How is this set? This is really the only one I want, because it has Coleman Trebor (who I never bought when he was previously released), and it has Jango Fett which is a win for me.

Is it worth the purchase?
That's a tough question. I only bought it for Coleman Trebor. He looks to be SA, though I haven't opened mine yet.
The Jango in his purple suit is almost a throw away figure for me, as I already have one and it really is absurd they would make him purple like that IMO.

So yeah, barely worth it with the Jango, because I just paid $13 for a better Coleman Trebor.

pbarnard
10-16-2009, 07:55 AM
I bought it for Coleman Trebor and the 2 new Jedi. Not that disappointed, and $13 it's slightly better priced than a single card.

El Chuxter
10-16-2009, 08:36 AM
The two new guys were the only ones I was interested in, but I found them quite mediocre. They bothered giving Kit the outstretched hand, but, IIRC, he had ROTS coloration. A shame; that could've been one I had to buy. Of course, it would've helped if they had finally made the freakin' Mighty GrinTM resculpt we've all been asking for. Seven years now; you'd think somewhere in the mass of Kit Fisto resculpts, just one could've been smiling.

Y'ever notice (and I'm not saying this because I like him, even if it's true) that Genndy Tartakovsky seems to have been the only guy involved in creating something to do with Star Wars who actually "gets" that people find that scene funny and that's all anyone ever remembers about an otherwise unremarkable and generic alien Jedi?

Background Character
10-16-2009, 01:09 PM
My local Target had a complete set of these with one extra Yoda set. I only picked up the Coleman/Jango set. Never bought these figs. the first time (had the first 3 Jangos, but not this version). At $13, I figured $6.50 a piece is better than $7.50 on a single card which I'll throw out anyway.

I was thinking about the Kit Fisto, but didn't like the coloring. Also, don't need another Geonosian. If he was packed with a better fig. I probably would've bought it. Had most of the other figs. in the sets except of course the 2 new Jedi. They seemed incredibly dull to me, so it was an easy pass.

Just like the Order 66 sets that have come before, these should be in the discounted section in a matter of weeks. Of course, Target did seem to order alot more of those sets than these. Guess we'll see.

JetsAndHeels
10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
That's a tough question. I only bought it for Coleman Trebor. He looks to be SA, though I haven't opened mine yet.
The Jango in his purple suit is almost a throw away figure for me, as I already have one and it really is absurd they would make him purple like that IMO.

So yeah, barely worth it with the Jango, because I just paid $13 for a better Coleman Trebor.

Thanks for the info....I imagine its the same Jango as the one from the AOTC wave from earlier this year. One other thing...is the Jango a removeable helmet version?

pbarnard
10-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info....I imagine its the same Jango as the one from the AOTC wave from earlier this year. One other thing...is the Jango a removeable helmet version?

Sure is. Same as the Evo version. Don't know why the helmet is still blue while the rest of him is purple.

Blue2th
10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
My local Target had a complete set of these with one extra Yoda set. I only picked up the Coleman/Jango set. Never bought these figs. the first time (had the first 3 Jangos, but not this version). At $13, I figured $6.50 a piece is better than $7.50 on a single card which I'll throw out anyway.

I was thinking about the Kit Fisto, but didn't like the coloring. Also, don't need another Geonosian. If he was packed with a better fig. I probably would've bought it. Had most of the other figs. in the sets except of course the 2 new Jedi. They seemed incredibly dull to me, so it was an easy pass.

Just like the Order 66 sets that have come before, these should be in the discounted section in a matter of weeks. Of course, Target did seem to order alot more of those sets than these. Guess we'll see.
I thought I didn't need another Kit Fisto either, but I liked the looks of him.
Reading the "figure of the day" over at GH helped me to say yes to myself, plus he is one of my favorite Jedi, and this seems to be the best one yet. http://figureoftheday.blogspot.com/2009/10/figure-of-day-day-1129-kit-fisto.html
I don't know why Adam would say he can't sit in his Starfighter, because he does have bendable knees, and looks to be super-articulated, unless I'm reading his review wrong?

I do agree though the ROTS version was pathetic looking.
I'm happy to get him. Plus he's got that cool smile and force hand he used against C-3PO.

pbarnard
10-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I think the problem isn't the knees but the plastic skirt. If he were soft goods, no problems.

JetsAndHeels
10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Sure is. Same as the Evo version. Don't know why the helmet is still blue while the rest of him is purple.

Thanks. My gf's brother called me earlier tonight to let me know our local Target had these on the pegs. I plan on going by there tomorrow to take a look.

Blue2th
10-16-2009, 10:52 PM
I think the problem isn't the knees but the plastic skirt. If he were soft goods, no problems.

Ah yes, now that you mention it that would explain it.
He's perfect for an arena scene anyways.

DarkArtist
10-17-2009, 02:04 PM
have yet to spot these at retail. really just want them for more droids and some kitbashing, plus the 2 new Jedi figures.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Went to Target today and there was only one left. It was Roth-Del Masona and Super Battle Droid. I asked someone there if they had anymore, and he said they didn't. He said they might be getting some more, but wasn't sure if or when.

These weren't even there last week that I could see, and now there was only one. The Order 66 packs lasted longer than that. They must not have had very many. Maybe since they were actually in the Star Wars section, they weren't overlooked, but being by the register might have helped the Order 66 sets.

I'll have some time off later this week, so maybe I'll take a trip to the next nearest Target to see what they have.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Y'ever notice (and I'm not saying this because I like him, even if it's true) that Genndy Tartakovsky seems to have been the only guy involved in creating something to do with Star Wars who actually "gets" that people find that scene funny and that's all anyone ever remembers about an otherwise unremarkable and generic alien Jedi?
Kit has smiled or at least smirked in most of his appearances on the new Clone Wars.

And you knew I was going to say that. :D

El Chuxter
10-18-2009, 06:48 PM
That'll show me to make statements without seeing most of an entire TV series. :D

But, really, why have we never gotten a smiling Kit figure? (AOTC only, that abomination from ROTS was really Kit's half-brother, S*** Fisto, who stood in for Kit while he was on a pleasure cruise with the entire female population of Chandrilla.)

Blue2th
10-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Never liked the ROTS version that much. Still I was happy to get another Kit Fisto. I liked the realistic style one without his shirt the best.
I always thought the ROTS one was too pale and looked wrong.
The new one does show his teeth, but it looks more like a grimace than a smile.
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Arena/2-Kit_Geonosian/LC-972.jpg&text=ROTS%20Kit%20Fisto%20|%20Geonosian%20Arena%20 Showdown%20Kit%20Fisto

DarkJedi5
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I think that's because for ROTS they reworked his face to turn his smile into more of a grimace, especially since his most prominent scene is the one where he dies. I think the newest figure captures his ROTS appearance pretty well.

Old Fossil
10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I saw these at Tarjay today. Not impressed, but the price was nice.:yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2009, 12:46 AM
That'll show me to make statements without seeing most of an entire TV series. :D

But, really, why have we never gotten a smiling Kit figure? (AOTC only, that abomination from ROTS was really Kit's half-brother, S*** Fisto, who stood in for Kit while he was on a pleasure cruise with the entire female population of Chandrilla.)
The Clone Wars Kit figure is smiling, but without teeth. I really do want a smiling Kit . . . this would have been the perfect opportunity to release one, but oh well.

I found the Mace pack today. Still no sign of Coleman.

figrin bran
10-19-2009, 01:09 AM
I picked up 3 sets over the weekend - Coleman Trebor, Joclad Danva and Roth del Masona.

El Chuxter
10-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Really? I've seen the Clone Wars Kit (unless there's a second one), and I didn't interpret his expression as a smile. I don't hate his CW design, but I don't like it; he looks to have facial bones that are too prominent. Of course, he totally changed head shape and color between films, so maybe his race has heads that constantly morph.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Maybe it's not obvious at first, but I think it looks like a smile (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/Basic/27KitFisto/TCW-627.jpg).

The TCW episode from last week, Children of the Force, had a Nautolan baby with short head-tentacles, so maybe Kit's just going through his species' version of puberty. :D

El Chuxter
10-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Huh. Maybe it's the lighting or some distortion caused by the bubble, but the ones I've seen I don't think look like that. Definitely a show of amusement on his lips.

But, really, resculpting him to include his outstretched hand performing a Force push and not doing the smile, major lost opportunity. They could've even gotten one old fart who stopped collecting 90% of prequel toys and who thinks AOTC is the worst film by far to drop $15 on one of those sets.

DarkArtist
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
finally spotted these yesterday at the Target in Manalapan but didn't have the $$ to buy them... oh well. they look cool and the 2 new Jedi will look great in a Geonosis display but they will have to wait. hopefully I'll be able to pick them up this weekend

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, the local Target had some more of these, but I am still missing set #1. I'll see if the Target in Burlington has any tomorrow. At least I have the two new Jedi now.

Phantom-like Menace
10-22-2009, 11:35 PM
I picked up 3 sets over the weekend - Coleman Trebor, Joclad Danva and Roth del Masona.

These are the only three I want, but I probably missed the boat. I got to Target just in time to see two sets I don't care about, and it's rare for the Targets here to put out more of their exclusives after they first come in.

DarkArtist
10-23-2009, 04:23 PM
picked up only 3 of the sets so far (didn't find the Coleman/Jango set)...

Kit Fisto & Geonosian Warrior
Roth-Del Masona & Super Battle Droid
Joclad Danva & Battle Droid

Last_Call
10-23-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm glad I found Joclad Danva and Roth del Masona so quickly. These were the only must haves for me.

DarkArtist
10-30-2009, 04:45 PM
picked up Coleman Trebor and Jango Fett today in Milltown Target. is Coleman a new version of just a release ?

JediTricks
10-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I believe they changed his legs, but the upper body is the same.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Actually, as it turns out (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCArena1-Coleman_Jango.asp), he uses some parts from Evolution Qui-Gon and the rest is all-new. It's still the one set I absolutely cannot find anywhere, and it's driving me nuts. I'll check a few more Targets soon but, if not, I might turn here for one.

I opened three of the sets last night, and here are my unsolicited thoughts:
*Joclad Danva - pretty nice, if a little short. The Evolution Luke body more or less works, even with the wrong belt, but that's a pretty minor detail. The head looks a bit too big for the body, but, whatever. He can still pose well and everything.
*Battle Droid - this one is frustrating since it's so good in so many ways but so bad in a few others. The overall look and feel is fantastic - the color and the weathering are outstanding. The articulation is above and beyond what I expected them to ever do on a battle droid, but I'd like the head to be able to look down and for the arm to hold the gun. Anyway, the ankles are a definitely unexpected surprise, and the sort of ball joints in the arms and legs are great too, they really work for some cool poses. My two biggest gripes are the aforementioned left hand not being able to hold the blaster - sure, it works for the folded-up pose (which these color of droids don't really even need to be able to do) or for droid factory scenes, but every single time these droids fire a blaster in the films, they do it with two hands, so it's annoying. Then the eyes - the lack of eyes is just weird. It would have been the only paint app aside from the weathering, I guess, but still, it's a really stupid thing to miss. These last two things really hold this figure back from being perfect, but it's still pretty great overall.
*Roth-Del Masona - since he has the TAC Mace body, he has those annoying joints and can't move his legs too well, but he still looks pretty good if not a whole lot like the actor. It's nice to have the survivors circle now complete, at least.
*Super Battle Droid - similar if not identical to the Saga Legends version, maybe a little bluer, but I love that figure so it's great to have another one (and without the wonky legs that my SL one has).
*Yoda - the Kybuck one, with a different cloak. The cloak is a little bulky but it is still cool. Another action Yoda, take it or leave it.
*Droideka - like the SBD, this is a re-release of one of my favorite droid figures, the TAC destroyer droid (without the shield, of course). Again, nice to have another.

Overall, I really like this series based on what I've opened so far - since it's from the film, it's immediately more interesting to me than the Order 66 sets were, and it's always nice to get new Jedi. Hopefully these are selling well enough to warrant that second series - I'd like to see a new C-3PO (which they confirmed to be the case), a new Barriss Offee, a retooled Anakin, a new/retooled Padmé, and a retooled Aayla Secura, though that set might skew a little female-heavy.

DarkJedi5
10-30-2009, 08:57 PM
My other big problem with the battle droids, other than what JJL mentioned, is the battle droid blaster no longer have the plug to connect it to the droid backpack. Again, as JJL pointed out, folding is not something this droid must do and so the blaster locking into the pack is unnecessary, but when they repaint these guys in the tan TPM look they are going to need to fix that aspect otherwise I kinda wonder what the point of being able to fold them is.

Phantom-like Menace
11-12-2009, 11:50 PM
These are the only three I want, but I probably missed the boat. I got to Target just in time to see two sets I don't care about, and it's rare for the Targets here to put out more of their exclusives after they first come in.

Well, I was happily wrong about having missed out. I found all of the sets in Target today. I'm really trying to keep from spending too much, so I only grabbed Danva and Masona. Too bad I'm working so much I may never get to check them out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2009, 12:26 AM
I was finally able to get the Coleman set this past weekend, thankfully. I actually have two, since both my mom and I found it at more or less the same time at two different Targets. Does anyone from here want it? If not, I will just return it.