View Full Version : Darth Vader lifesize 1:1 bust

sergiurusu
07-22-2009, 05:40 AM
SS Darth Vader lifesize 1:1 bust

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7036

sith_killer_99
07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
This thread tells me nothing.

I know there is a 1:1 Darth Vader bust in existence, Michael Jackson had one.:yes:

Is it new?

Is it from Gentle Giants?

Is there a release date?

Is there a final production number?

Is there a price?

Is there a better picture of Anakin's face?

Is it going to be a Sebastian of Hayden head sculpt?

:confused:

sergiurusu
07-23-2009, 02:28 AM
This thread tells me nothing.

I know there is a 1:1 Darth Vader bust in existence, Michael Jackson had one.:yes:

Is it new?

Is it from Gentle Giants?

Is there a release date?

Is there a final production number?

Is there a price?

Is there a better picture of Anakin's face?

Is it going to be a Sebastian of Hayden head sculpt?

:confused:

Calm down man! You could always try and add news, use Google, look on SS site, when I posted this yesterday it was the only thing available: a few pics, no info. :rolleyes: Only today we got more, I'm sure tomorrow we'll receive even more info. Besides that I'm on the other part of the world, different time zones that's why the thread hasn't been updated. You are the only one replying and already whining...:D

Regular price $1200
Exclusive price $1250 (comes with a stand to display the helmet on)

More pics at SDCC:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC09/01SSCStarWarsBUSTS/

sith_killer_99
07-23-2009, 03:36 PM
lol

I was just bustin' your bells.:D

sergiurusu
07-24-2009, 01:07 AM
I know that's why I used smilies: :D Otherwise smilies like these would have been present: :upset::mad::frus::dev::speech::Pirate::crazed::ni nja:

Jayspawn
07-25-2009, 09:59 AM
This is a really cool collectible! I'll pass on account that I have to many awesome Vader collectibles. And as it looks Gentle Giant and eFX are already competing with Sideshow for my $.

I like they used the Shaw head. Its a very accurate ROTJ likeness of Vader also.

sergiurusu
07-26-2009, 02:53 AM
I ordered the Vader bust at BBTS. The good thing here it is BBTS doesn't ask for any deposit.

This is not only about the deposit for me because I have the $ it is about the statue that might unfortunately change to worse, you want to cancel and then you lose the $250. The same if some problems occur in our lives and if we want to cancel the order...

But the most important thing for me was outrageous international shipping costs directly with Sideshow - they use stupid FedEx who managed to damage my Vader in customs (FedEx have a customs office in Bucharest 500 km from my city and thus the package hasn't been opened in front of me).

Besides HUGE shipping costs I'll have to add 19% VAT tax since I live in EU plus customs charges. So the best option for me is to search online retailers. Mike at Razors (who is top notch) had a big shipping cost too, so the only one left was BBTS. And glad BBTS doesn't have deposit requirements either.

As for the exclusive stand i can live without it since i intend to display Vader with his helmet on. But who knows maybe wjhen people receive their own exclusive Vader busts they could take molds or measurements of the stand and we can have these too...

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 12:00 AM
This thing's face was really creepy realistic, to the point where I started avoiding it at the show. Sideshow really nailed the likeness, made me wish I had space or money for it.

sergiurusu
05-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I received both boxes containing Sideshow Darth Vader 1:1 bust (in different days), but finally Vader is assembled. It is a really cool looking bust, quite impressive. :) And the bust looks quite cool next to the new installed vertical blinds. I'll get a custom cabinet ordered for this and my future collectibles soon, so this is just a temporary display.

I don't really like the Shaw head, mine has a slight lazy eye, but even without the defect, I wouldn't display Vader with no helmet. IMO Darth Vader is that tall angry guy in black armor and heavily breathing under his mask, and not the 3 minutes ROTJ Sebastian Shaw. It is cool to get an extra option, but for people who want the helmet on, what to do with the Shaw head? After I'll try getting a replacement for the Shaw head, I might sell it - there is already a guy on RPF looking for Shaw head. I also sent a message to Sideshow to ask about procedures to replace the Shaw head since I bought it from Toy Palace.

Anyway for this price this bust should have been perfect. It is close, but not perfect. And still it didn't get over my MR AT-AT. ;)

sergiurusu
05-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Going to display Vader with helmet on

sergiurusu
05-30-2010, 03:41 AM
A short video of Sideshow 1:1 Darth Vader bust - also with images unpacking it, could be helpful for people who just bought the bust and are trying to assemble it (and you ca listen to Metallica's Imperial March too) :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgQBP9NeQ9U

JimJamBonds
05-30-2010, 03:16 PM
A short video of Sideshow 1:1 Darth Vader bust - also with images unpacking it, could be helpful for people who just bought the bust and are trying to assemble it (and you ca listen to Metallica's Imperial March too) :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgQBP9NeQ9U

Sorry dude but that isn't tallica.