PDA

View Full Version : New stuff at Comic Con

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Images are slowly showing up here at SSG and elsewhere. I was most excited about the funeral pyre Vader, but then I saw the tag that said it's a concept and they needed to get feedback on it. It looks great and I hope the release it!

As for other stuff, Luminara and those individual clones in the packs are cool. In the Legacy Collection, new Cody, Leesub Sirln, and the black and white Bespin Guards are all pretty great surprises.

mtriv73
07-22-2009, 10:47 PM
I think the Funeral Pyre set they showed is a good mock up, but it needs a lot of work before I'd buy it. Specifically, I'd want a little better than a wall of logs. The fire is about what I would expect and I'm happy with it. I couldn't tell from the pictures, but a removable helmet vader (and decent Luke) would make it a lot better.

On to other things. It looks like they're releasing waves of figures every 2-3 weeks after between August and November (from the little cards.) Why can't they spread things out a little better? Most of the figures look great. There are a few I could live without, but I'll probably buy them anyway.

The one I'm most pleased with is the R2 that seems to have a non-chromed dome. Finally.

I'm surprised they're revisiting the AT-AT driver so soon. Is this a repack?

There are a few I've never even heard of and I can't see them being huge sellers.

There are others like the Jawas, Ewoks, and Bespin guards that seem like no-brainers for buying.

I like the build a droids I've seen so far.

The exclusives, for the most part, seem really overpriced (they always are) but I'll be happy to get a few of them. The exceptions would be the Octuparra and V-wing that seem priced about right.

Droid
07-22-2009, 10:54 PM
I am absolutely thrilled with the amount of new stuff they are showing. It seems so many years we would just see a new repaint wave or something.

The Saurin, Leesub, the Jawa with droid, and the Black Bespin Guard are the stand outs for me.

I will buy the new Dewback.

I think I'd buy the Funeral Pyre if it is sold some day.

Giran is a nice surprise.

Fun day!

figrin bran
07-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I thought they said they'd never do McQuarrie boxed sets?

I can't wait to see what other surprises we might see!

Adam
07-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Actually, I recall them saying a boxset would be the way they would want to get those figures back out there..

I'm pretty surprised by funeral pyre Darth Vader, I never thought they would do that.

bigbarada
07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Woohoo! Giran! :thumbsup:

Looks like I don't need to list my Tatooine Skiff on Ebay after all. When rumors of Kithaba turned out to be false and then we saw photos of that Nikto Sail Barge Gunner being passed off as a Skiff Guard, I kind of lost hope and gave up that we'd ever see any new Skiff Guards made. I was actually getting ready to list my Skiff last week (with a $0.99 starting bid), but changed my mind at the last minute because I thought I should wait to see what showed up in SDCC. I'm glad I did wait, now. :pleased:

Hopefully we'll see some better photos of the Nikto Gunner soon too.

Leia and the Ewoks seem to be suffering greatly by being the hand painted samples. Hopefully the production figures turn out better. I really want to see what Leia looks like in her reclining pose though.

DS2 Luke looks a little too bulky in the chest area.

I'm pretty excited about Ten Nunb and it makes me glad that I passed him up last year in the Evolutions set. We finally get to see the screen accurate version.

Pruneface looks great, but I've never been his greatest fan. I'll still pick him up just to support more ROTJ aliens.

Looking forward to the new AT-AT Driver, even though he looks to be a bit on the scrawny side. As long as there isn't a Jango head hiding under that helmet then I'm happy.

Zuckuss looks nice so far too, but seems to be missing the front part of his robe.

Really excited about the new Dewback and I'm liking the new Stormtrooper helmet sculpt. It seems to be more accurate to the "stunt" version of the ANH helmets.

bigbarada
07-23-2009, 12:23 AM
double post

AmanaMatt
07-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Skiff guards really look great

Bespin Guard = cool

Rancor keeper = why

At-at driver = cool, but surprising

The classic stuff looks cool overall

The Eu figures = I dont get the love

The new Leia has potential. the new Jedi luke is still pretty mediocre to me, so pass there...some of the concept stuff is interesting...

Zuckuss will look great, once the soft good robe is on him properly. Funeral Pyre Vader is pretty cool, I must say....

Imperial Scanning crew member looks really cool - I like pretty random imperials, and they always look good...

Great pics, thanks for the hard work with them!!!!

Umbra
07-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Well so far my want list is

Pirate Ki Adi Mundi
New Jawa
YVH-1 (if i can trade for the parts, too many droids i want got butchered to build-a-models)
Concept SnowTrooper
HK-50( same as YVH-1...though i can';t even get HK-47 so far)
Zuckuss
Funeral Pyre Vader
Kyle Katarn/Vong comic pack
Krayt/Dare Comic Pack
Lumiya Comic Pack
Ulic/Exar comic pack

Maybes:
Concept Art IG88
Cody
Plo Koon (close to the clone wars one)
Slave Leia
Tholme/T'ra Saa comic Pack

I would get but still angered at paint jobs: Jango 2 Pack (still purple) Corran Horn 2-pack (should be green suited)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Finally I can get back on SSG and see more great new pictures!

Some very cool surprises in there - headset Chewie, Hrchek Sal Fas, Zuckuss, the partly cloth Jawa, the new Cody, Giran. Some weird stuff as well, like those concept figures; the Snowtrooper looks a lot like Durge, and IG-88 looks like some old 50s robot, and I don't recall seeing either in art form.

Also, I hope that R2-X2 is just a build-a-droid, since they made the black version in those Entertainment Earth sets already and it looks to be the mold from the BAD droids (albeit n a new olive color scheme, since there was a droid like that being lowered into an X-wing, so I'm happy they're doing it at all).

I wonder what's up with the two Utai? I guess it will be a running change.

Maskless Plo Koon is interesting, but I feel like they covered the double lightsaber gauntlet well on the Clone Wars version already.

Jedi Luke doesn't look particularly great, so hopefully the actual figure would be better; it's nice to have the binders, at least.

The chest hair on Malakili is interesting - the figure looks good, but I just hope it doesn't pegwarm as badly as Yarna.

I LOVE the ROTJ BADs; they both were given new names, I think, but they're awesome.

The AT-AT Driver feels a bit unnecessary, since the 2006 one is pretty great.

The inside of the Scanning Crew Member's box looks really cool.

I like the comic pack clones, and the other stuff looks pretty good, if unfamiliar to me.

The Clone Wars FREECO Speeder looks awesome! This would have been a good opportunity for some Orto Plutonia gear figures, but whatever.

The Tank Droid looks stellar with the paint.

I didn't notice Ahsoka's starfighter at first since the colors are so similar to Obi-Wan's. Still, it looks sweet.

sebillba
07-23-2009, 05:33 AM
Just having a quick look at work - I'll savour them more later.

A lot of nice figures on show, but two real highlights for me... Saurin and Utai - two of my three most wanted figures! (Just need Bom Vimdin now.) Both look great... I was hoping we'd get a Utai twin-pack, but knew this was extremely unlikely - removable headgear would've been good, then I could've at least had two looking different - doesn't look like it is, but I still like him a lot.

I was wondering what was going on with the white Bespin Guard's face, then realised in close-up it must be Utris M'Toc!! Excellent!! Another one off my wanted list!

Concept figures look pretty cool - much more interesting than concept Anakin.

Shame Snowspeeder Luke has the cowl... that will mean what looks like a good sculpt will be ruined by a painted face.

Clegg Holdfast looks much improved, maybe it's the goggles.

Ewoks are pretty funny... these are from the 7 Dwarfs set - Grumpy and Happy!

Malakili has got bigger boobs (moobs) than Yarna!

mtriv73
07-23-2009, 05:52 AM
I forgot to say earlier, thanks for the great pictures. I'm really looking forward to what's coming up over the next few days.

You guys always do a great job. I realize it isn't easy, but it is appreciated.

El Chuxter
07-23-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm excited about four:
Hrchek Kal Fas
Leesub Sirln
Bespin Guards
Hoth Luke

Concept Art Snowtrooper is sweet. I could almost see customizing some weird Viper from extras.
Zuckuss looks okay.

I would've crapped myself four years ago over an Utai. Now he's a solid "maybe."

I love Jawas, but the soft goods on that figure look like dookie.

Cody, feh. I need another Clonetrooper like I need a tumor in my crotch.

Malakili, feh. I need another pegwarming obese shirtless POS like I need two tumors in my crotch.

Why does Agen Freakin' Kolar get so much love?

What the heck is up with partially-armored Stormtrooper Han?

They still can't do ROTJ Luke at all. How hard is it? Really?

YVH Droid is far smaller than described in the books.

Comic packs are all butt. Exar vs Ulic is one I would've cared about a few years ago. The Yuuzhan Vong looks like a Pirates of Dark Water reject. And Lumiya? Don't make me laugh and vomit at the same time.

"Should we make the funeral pyre Vader? No, really, guys, we've been ignoring everything you said for the past twelve years. We're leaning toward a new Battlepack with Vader vs POTJ Han instead--and, this time, they'll be fighting together against Neimoidian Warriors! Yeah, that sounds cool. Forget we showed you that stupid funeral pyre Vader, 'kay?"

K-Mart exclusives? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Sorry for being so negative first thing in the morning. They really needed to wow me, and this is underwhelming.

Droid
07-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Steve (and others), thanks for all the hard work posting all the great pictures. The quality of the pictures is far and above most sites!

Another site did show two different Utai earlier in the day, but it wasn't in the actual display - the one currently not shown had no headgear.

Droid
07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
It struck me this morning how close they are to having done all of the cantina aliens. If you DON'T include humans, spacers, or figures like Baniss Keeg where they already made a figure of that species of alien they have eight species of cantina alien left:

1. Bom Vimdin (coming next year they said)
2. F'u Man-Chu (I'm not holding my breath)
3. Defel (Arleil Schous) (would Lucasfilm approve?)
4. Mosep
5. Reegesk the Ranat
6. Solomahal
7. Tzizvvt
8. Melas (though only in the Special Edition)

I don't think I'm missing any species.

Good job, Hasbro!

JetsAndHeels
07-23-2009, 11:02 AM
A Captain Colton figure...awesome!!

Leesub, Hoth Luke, the Imperial Scanning Crew, Utai, and the concept Snowtrooper are among my favorites.

And I know it isn't in the Legacy Collection, but I am psyched about getting that GH Slave I!!

Jabbapalacespy
07-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow, awesome! I can already smell my money burning. Though I saved enough the last few months since there has been very little out that I have wanted. This fall more than makes up for that.

Glad to see more cantina aliens. Really surprised to see Leesub Sirln.:shocked: Never thought they would make her. Perhaps they decided to release a female cantina patron since they can't do the tonikas for whatever reason.

IG-88 concept figure - wow, I'm really excited for this one for some reason, even though it looks like a relic from an old 50's sci-fi movie.:rolleyes:

Princess Leia in slave outfit - hope they make an Oola like this some day.

Zuckuss - waited a loooooong time for a remake. :p

Jawa and security droid - don't really need another jawa but I want the droid.

Jabba's henchmen - Malakili, Giran, and Nikto Gunner (will they name him?) Really excited now since I got my new Rancor and I'm preparing to buid a diorama of Jabba's dungeon. :thumbsup: (Hoping they release Wooof next year like they said to help complete my throne room diorama)

Few other's I'm interested in - Major Panno, R2-X2, Willrow Hood, and several more. Glad to see the R3 BAD's have clear domes.

Not getting too excited over the given release dates though, as they are almost never released on time. :o Hope nothing is pushed back to next year.

Ando
07-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I think the only thing that genuinely surprised me was Asajj's Force FX light saber. I like that they are including a connector for people who want to buy 2 of them and hook 'em together like the Darth Maul saber.

The figures are all sort of a mixed bag to me. Nothing really stands out in my mind without looking at the pictures, so I would have to see them on the pegs before I decided one way or another. Except the all new Cody. I would like to get another Cody and this one looks like it's been done right.

And the Freeco speeder with Obi-Wan looks pretty neat, but without the figures from the episode to go with it, I am hesitant to get it and not have a complete sub collection.

DS II Luke stands out as another failed attempt at a Luke Skywalker figure. The knock-kneed look kills the ROTJ Lukes every time. It's like they attached the lower legs to the wrong sides!

I will be picking up the Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship. I'm glad it's a TRU exclusive. That means I will be able to pick it up with no problems whatsoever. $69.99 is a hard pill to swallow, but since there are very tangible improvements and this is a non-army builder vehicle, then I will be able to get over it.

So what does everyone think the real surprises will be? I hear rumors of AT-ST's, a new Slave I (3 3/4" scale), and an AT-AT.

I think the PP slideshow will be where the cool stuff will be. If not, then I am underwhelmed.

sebillba
07-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Oh wow, I've only just noticed in one of the battle packs... finally, after all these years, a SA Tatooine Luke!! He looks pretty much perfect!!

pbarnard
07-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Why is it that the basic line (outside of 1 BAD the YVH1) contiues to disintrest me while the exclusives and comic packs are the most interesting things?

Ando
07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Why is it that the basic line (outside of 1 BAD the YVH1) contiues to disintrest me while the exclusives and comic packs are the most interesting things?

For me... At this point, outside of a possible 1/2 dozen figures (I forgot earlier to mention Slave Leia!), I would rather just buy the droids outright.

pbarnard
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Pretty much been my thoughts all along. I understand Hasbro's insidious plot, make us all buy stuff we don't want (mostly) to get things we do. Waste of PLASTIC, RESOURCES, and TIME considering the retailers aren't putting it out.

El Chuxter
07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
And, yet, when we actually ask them, "Do you think you could do the build-a-figure thing with stuff like the Gorax or other large beasts? Could you maybe do it in GIJoe with the SNAKE Armor or possibly the Cobra 'Trojan Horse' robot?" they always say no.

Ando
07-23-2009, 12:52 PM
My hard earned toy money is starting to shift from Hasbro to LEGO. The pacing of LEGO's releases on Star Wars sets alone is why I won't be spending as much with Hasbro on Star Wars as much as I used to.

bigbarada
07-23-2009, 02:33 PM

Probably just personal preference. There's not a single comic pack that interests me in the slightest, but I'm super excited to see Giran (if that's really who it is) and the new Dewback, among other things.

bigbarada
07-23-2009, 02:51 PM
The more I look at Giran, the more I realize that he's actually the second Rancor Keeper, not the Skiff Guard. It's either a misnomer on Hasbro's part or someone just doesn't know that they are two different aliens. This Klaatu figure is actually Weeba Weeba.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, since I think this character has a more interesting looking outfit, but that puts us back down to 0 new Skiff Guard figures since 1998.:(

Droid
07-23-2009, 03:17 PM
That figure is definitely of the second Rancor Keeper.

I believed Giran was the second Rancor Keeper's name, and so does wookieepedia.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Giran

Qui-Long Gone
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
The future looks good with these new figs.

Want
DEWBACK DEWBACK DEEEWWWWBACK! :D:D:thumbsup:
All Jaba crew! (maybe not Mr. Rancor)
Is that Stromtrooper gear removable from Solo? If yes, then Solo...maybe
Endor Luke may salvage all failed Lukes
Tatooine pack Luke looks good
May take a stab at Kit Fisto 2 pack force push! ;)
Ewoks, because I'm a sucker and Hasbro knows it!;)
FUNERAL VADER FUNERAL VADER FUUUUUNNNNERAL VADER! :D:D:thumbsup:
TPM Obi will complete my Kenobi run. :thumbsup:

Disapointed
DS2 Luke :cry::mad::( Seriously?
Jaba Leia :cry:, recline pose :thumbsup:

I guess I'll never have the Solo, Leia, or Luke of my dreams (3 OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERS IN SW), but to Hasbro's credit, they've just about nailed every character...so I'll be saving up $$ this next year and do some shopping!

elvandrik
07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
When I saw these pics posted late last night I was really excited. These figures are some of the best I have ever seen them produce. I am totally pumped about all of them. I like the fact that Hasbro is going back and releasing updated versions of figures they produced in the late 90's (like the rancor keeper).

I wont collect any of the Clone Wars or EU stuff. I'm a purist who only collects figs that were actually in the movies.

I agree with some other posters that the vehicle prices are too high, but they look so good I'll sink the cash.

Keep it up, Hasbro. I like the figures alot. PLEASE MAKE JABBA'S SAIL BARGE!! Just make it a CLONE WARS tie-in and have a few animated episodes featuring it. It'll sell to new and old collectors. Now get it done so I can give you my $$$$$$!!! I'd pay an easy $150 for it.

elvandrik
07-23-2009, 03:37 PM
DS2 Luke :cry::mad::( Seriously?

I can see why some feel this way about DS Luke. There still hasn't been a black clad Luke that I thought was right-on. I dont think you should remake a figure unless you can really improve upon the predecessor. I think there's room for lots of improvement, I just dont think Hasbro captured it with this new DS Luke. Therefore, I can't fathom why they made it.

Qui-Long Gone
07-23-2009, 03:49 PM
^Was it just me, or did the Hoth speeder Luke's face sculpt seem to be nearly spot-on? Luke figs are always like that fat kid in jr. high who almost survives dodgeball, and you're all rooting for him to be the last one standing because he has such heart, usually sucks, and is trying really hard to catch a ball that will put your best player back in....but then that chump a-hole kid finally knocks him out with a lucky shot because chubby was too winded to lift his let 1 inch higher...you know, the punk kid no one likes who'se going to brag about taking down chubby.....even though I tried REALLY HARD TO DOGE THOSE BALLS AND I ALMOST CAUGHT THAT ONE.....ummm......wait....DS2 LUCK SUCKS!

Ando
07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I will be picking up the Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship. I'm glad it's a TRU exclusive. That means I will be able to pick it up with no problems whatsoever. $69.99 is a hard pill to swallow, but since there are very tangible improvements and this is a non-army builder vehicle, then I will be able to get over it.

I may take back this previous statement...

According to a couple of close up shots on another site, the Crumb Bomber deco is a sticker. 2 thoughts: 1. Is the "Spaceward Ho" deco included on the sticker sheet? 2. Is Hasbro going to make this new Republic Gunship the Clone Wars line workhorse and rotate through the deco's on the sticker sheets and keep it on the shelf/in the mix for the midsize vehicle line?

I may have to get a couple of these if it's a simple sticker sheet.

PM if you want the links to the close up shots. Out of respect for this site, I will not post them here publicly.

dindae
07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Love - Giran, Leesub, Sauren, Malakili, Zuckuss, Nikto, Major Panno, Bespin Guards, Luke Snowspeeder, Slave Leia, Droid Tank, Ewoks, Utai, Jeremoch Colton, Imp Scan Tech, Dewback, Octo Droid, Willrow Hood,

Mixed - R2, Chewbacca, Ki Adi, IG-88, Snowtrooper, AT-AT,

Disappointed - DS Luke, Han, Agen Kolar (for a 2 second Jedi that went down like a ***** they sure do make a lot of figures of him however I have no quams with the sculpt itself)

I would love the Funeral Pyre set but having electronics seems unnecessary and I would be afraid of the cost. Just seeing the $70 tag on the Crumb bomber tells me this would be $30 without electronics probably $50 with. No way it will sell enough to be a mass retail effort.

crazydave75
07-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Do u think they'll put an interchangable head in with the snowspeeder pilot luke? one without the hood ? cos if they do that'll be cool also likin the han solo looks in proportion this time (fingers crossed):yes: still want a decent han solo bespin and a hoth luke snow speeder wedge as well :thumbsup:

Snowtrooper
07-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Heres some of my thoughts:

-Imperial Scanning Crew -I plan on army building this one. It also means an AT-ST driver is not too far down the road since they basically have the same uniform

-Leesub -Was very surprised they made this one. She kinda looks like a 70's disco dancer. A strange looking but welcome addition

-Saurin -Looks pretty well done too. Has alot of nice details.

-Slave Leia -I like how they included the reclining pose portion with her. The face seems pretty well done too.

-AT-AT Driver -I was surprised that they went through the trouble of making an all new(or mostly new) sculpt since the TSC one was very nicely made. The elbow joints are a plus and I would assume its a RH version. Just hope the helmet is a little more solid piece of plastic than some of the previous RH releases. This is one of my favorite troopers, so I'm always glad to see him in the rotation.

-Tatooine Luke -Looks like they finally got this one right, but releasing it in a BP is BS.

-Concept Snowtrooper -This one looks pretty neat, although I prefer the McQuarrie version.

-Cmd Cody -Finally they got this one right. The TSC version was a huge disappointment, so I'm glad they finally corrected it.

-Concept IG88 -Its been a long time since I saw the concept version and I'd kind of forgotten about it. It'll make a nice addition to the rest of the concept figures.

-Bespin Guards -Look extremely well made. We get two versions which is real nice.

-Jawa -Nice to see a soft goods Jawa again. But the droid is different than what I thought it was going to be. Is this the "stove pipe" droid people were talking about? Cause I thought it looked different. It still looks neat though.

-DSII Luke -I think the head sculpt is questionable again and the manacles are ridiculous. The rest of it seems OK and I like how you can have his uniform flap up or flap down.

-Dewback -I like the sculpt, but it seems to be painted rather plainly compared to the POTF2 version.

-Funeral Pure Vader -This has a lot of potential if they do it right. I like the base of it and I think adding LED lighting effects to it would be a really good idea. They should lose the flame effects on the top and do not add any sound effects to it either.

I'd have to say that I'm more excited about the line now than I was after Toy Fair. For the most part, the main line has alot of nicely detailed figures with excellent articulation. Plus were getting some figures that were high on the "to do" list. My wallet is going to be screaming for the next 6 months.

Cane_Adiss
07-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm so pumped that they made TWO of my "bottom of the barrel scrapes" figures!

Leesub was a total suprise. She wasn't rumored, hinted at, nothing. Just a shocker. I was expecting Hrchek though and he's pretty sweet as well. Both look to be extremely well done.

Utris was less of a suprise, as Hasbro hinted that he was one they wanted to do but now he's here and he's awesome! I'm blown away by Leesub and Utris. Wow.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2009, 06:59 PM
The more I look at Giran, the more I realize that he's actually the second Rancor Keeper, not the Skiff Guard. It's either a misnomer on Hasbro's part or someone just doesn't know that they are two different aliens. This Klaatu figure is actually Weeba Weeba.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, since I think this character has a more interesting looking outfit, but that puts us back down to 0 new Skiff Guard figures since 1998.:(
According to Wookieepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Giran), Giran is the second rancor keeper. He looks similar to the figure (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=31301). Also, it says that Weeba Weeba (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Weeba_Weeba) is just a nickname, perhaps for Giran.

I can't seem to find a reference on Wookieepedia for the Nikto gunner. The closest I could find is Vedain (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vedain), but it doesn't appear to be him.

Cane_Adiss
07-23-2009, 07:03 PM
According to Wookieepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Giran), Giran is the second rancor keeper. He looks similar to the figure (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=31301). Also, it says that Weeba Weeba (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Weeba_Weeba) is just a nickname, perhaps for Giran.

I can't seem to find a reference on Wookieepedia for the Nikto gunner. The closest I could find is Vedain (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vedain), but it doesn't appear to be him.

His name is Nysad.

bigbarada
07-23-2009, 07:06 PM
That figure is definitely of the second Rancor Keeper.

I believed Giran was the second Rancor Keeper's name, and so does wookieepedia.

Well, Wookieepedia lists Wooof as both Wooof and Klaatu and doesn't even have a listing for the Skiff Guard Kadas'sa'Nikto. So, they get a lot of stuff wrong.

Cane_Adiss
07-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, Wookieepedia lists Wooof as both Wooof and Klaatu and doesn't even have a listing for the Skiff Guard Kadas'sa'Nikto. So, they get a lot of stuff wrong.

No it doesn't. Giran and Wooof are two completely different characters. Wooof has the fur thingy between his legs (he's wearing the same outfit in the palace btw) and "Klaatu" or "Yotts Orren" to some, is the green Nikto that we got years back in the POTF2 screen scenes with the white poofy jumpsuit. They both wear extremely similar helmets, which gives way to much of the confusion if your only looking at them shoulders up.

Weeba Weeba was a nickname given to Giran (I assume because that's what it sounds like he's saying when he's comforting Malakili) before Decipher came along and named him. It's not an official name by any source. Giran as far as I can tell is not visible during the skiff battles though I could be wrong.

bigbarada
07-23-2009, 07:19 PM
No it doesn't. Giran and Wooof are two completely different characters. Wooof has the fur thingy between his legs (he's wearing the same outfit in the palace btw) and "Klaatu" or "Yotts Orren" to some, is the green Nikto that we got years back in the POTF2 screen scenes with the white poofy jumpsuit. They both wear extremely similar helmets, which gives way to much of the confusion if your only looking at them shoulders up.

No, no, no, I said Klaatu and Wooof are listed as two different characters. Even though the pages use different photos of the exact same alien.

In other words, vintage Klaatu has two listings:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wooof
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Klaatu

Vintage Klaatu Skiff is named Yotts Orren and has one listing:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yotts_Orren

Giran (formerly Weeba Weeba), the second Rancor Keeper, has one listing:

So that just leaves the 4th "Klaatu" (see attachment), the one who was on the second skiff, with no identity whatsoever. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, Wookieepedia lists Wooof as both Wooof and Klaatu and doesn't even have a listing for the Skiff Guard Kadas'sa'Nikto. So, they get a lot of stuff wrong.It says that Wooof (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wooof) is the Kenner Klaatu figure. Under Klaatu (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Klaatu), it says that Leland Chee said that Wooof is Klaatu.

No it doesn't. Giran and Wooof are two completely different characters. Wooof has the fur thingy between his legs (he's wearing the same outfit in the palace btw) and "Klaatu" or "Yotts Orren" to some, is the green Nikto that we got years back in the POTF2 screen scenes with the white poofy jumpsuit. They both wear extremely similar helmets, which gives way to much of the confusion if your only looking at them shoulders up.Yotts Orren looks quite similar to Klaatu, but appears to be a separate character. I'll have to watch the sail barge scene again to see who all I can see.

bigbarada
07-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Yotts Orren looks quite similar to Klaatu, but appears to be a separate character. I'll have to watch the sail barge scene again to see who all I can see.

On the Sail Barge, Wooof (the vintage Klaatu) is seen assisting a Gamorrean Guard in assembling a blaster canon. We never see him firing the cannon, but later in the battle we see him shooting at Luke with a blaster pistol and Luke sending that blaster bolt right back at him.

Klaatu Skiff Guard (using the Kenner name) is seen on the Sail Barge, rushing out at Luke near the end of the battle and then running away from Luke almost immediately afterward.

The third unnamed "Klaatu" on the second skiff, is seen being knocked overboard when Luke is clearing off that skiff early on in the battle.

So, those are the three "Klaatus" that are noticeable in the Sarlacc Pit battle.

The fourth "Klaatu" is apparently Giran and is the second Rancor Keeper, seen only in Jabba's Palace.

I'm not too worried about the individual names, because those were arbitrarily created over a decade after ROTJ (except for Wooof and Weeba Weeba, which were created by the ILM creature shop) and they only really assist in identifying the characters for action figure purposes. Until that silly "Tales of Jabba's Palace" book was published in the late 90s, the alien species was always just referred to as "Klaatu" so that's how I refer to them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Klaatu Barada Nikto! There, that's solved.

I didn't notice the Resurgence of the Jedi pack until later, since it's the same characters as the Training on the Millennium Falcon set. I'm a little irked at having to buy the same Obi-Wan and table again, but the SA Tatooine Luke, dirty C-3PO, and dull-domed R2-D2 (hopefully using the R4-M9 mold; dear god, that would be amazing) would be worth it. And the Leia is in the classic pose, too, so it's pretty nice.

Blue2th
07-23-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm very excited about the Legacy BAD line. Finally a Cody and an AT-AT Driver done right. No swivel elbows for crisakes! That just made the previous versions not up to snuff IMO. Come to think of it, I don't think there's one figure in the BAD pics I saw with swivel bows, and most if not all look like they have decent articulation as well, even the obscurities.

Haven't checked the Battle-packs, but I'm sure there's some decent done figs as well as some repacks.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2009, 11:00 PM
No, no, no, I said Klaatu and Wooof are listed as two different characters. Even though the pages use different photos of the exact same alien.

In other words, vintage Klaatu has two listings:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wooof
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Klaatu
I can't really say for sure that they are showing the exact same alien. I did just watch the Sail Barge scene again and I noticed both Wooof (Vintage Klaatu) and Klaatu (POTF2 Cinema Scene). And Cane Addis appears to be correct that the Nikto Gunner is Nysad. Whatever they are called, they look to be pretty good figures. Good to see new skiff/sail barge figures with the quality of modern figures. Perhaps this means you'll get the other ones you've been wanting, and updates to the older ones.

When I first started looking at the pictures, I was a bit disappointed because it was just the figures that are already out. Then I saw the Death Star Han. That will be a nice update on the POTJ figure. The rest of the wave looks pretty good, especially the cantina aliens, the Imperial Scanning Crew and more Jawas and droids. However, the one BAD droid says R3-A2. They already released an R3-A2 in the 2003 Hoth Multipack, but it didn't look like that. This figure is a bit more like R3-T6, but with a red dome instead of a clear one.

The ROTJ wave looks pretty good with Leia, the skiff guards, Major Panno and the B-Wing Pilot. However, I hope they call him Ten Nunb rather than Nien Nunb as the sign in the picture says.

I'm really liking the ESB wave as well. I didn't really need an AT-AT Driver update, but I'm not complaining. It will be nice to have more Bespin Guards, as well as the Zuckuss update. And, at last we get our Ice Cream Man.

Kind of sucks that the Resurgence of the Jedi pack is mostly repack/repaints, but I'll get it just for the new Leia hologram and perhaps the Luke if he is as new and improved as he seems to be.

Wish there were more comic packs to be shown. Would like to have seen the Jaina and Jacen that apparently are coming at some point.

Qui-Long Gone
07-24-2009, 12:21 AM
So does anyone feel compelled to make a release date list of the figures showing at Comic Con? :yes:

mark2d2
07-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Well, there is much to be pleased about this year, indeed.

Here are the highlights:

1) Jawa and security droid. Wow! They knocked this out of the park! The droid is properly scaled, richly detailed. Meanwhile, the Jawa looks to be the "tall" one and I like the soft goods...

2) Dewback! Just flat out Awesome. Love the vintage-esque look they gave him. Very cool. Can't wait to find this one. The Dewback is this years Scramble on Yavin to be sure...

3) The ROTJ BADs. Just stunning... The R3 and R5 are revealed to be gorgeous figs!!

4) Saurin! At long last, a fig I have been wanting for ages is coming my way at last. He looks great, too.

5) Slave Leia. They did a great job on her and the articulation is NOT as ugly as I feared... It was a hard figure to do...and I like the sculpt

6) Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder) I can't believe I am typing this, but I am actually stoked about a Luke figure...usually, they are so lack luster and dull... But this one is iconic and it ACTUALLY looks like Mark Hamill... Amazing...

7) Imperial Scanning Crew... Dang! Those are some mighty fine accessories... Just stunning work, Hasbro...

DarkJedi5
07-24-2009, 12:39 AM
So does anyone feel compelled to make a release date list of the figures showing at Comic Con? :yes:

Already did, covers everything in the SSG photo albums and will be expanded after the slide show tomorrow. I even put a little note next to them all as far as whether or not I'm initially interested in it. Ya know, just incase the wife needs ideas for X-mas....

elvandrik
07-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Already did, covers everything in the SSG photo albums and will be expanded after the slide show tomorrow. I even put a little note next to them all as far as whether or not I'm initially interested in it. Ya know, just incase the wife needs ideas for X-mas....

I made a list and I also compiled prices. Roughly, I calculate that if you only bought the upcoming featured figures and vehicles that actually appeared in the movies, it would cost you $795.45.

plasticfetish
07-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Force FX Lightsabers: Not my thing.

Galactic Heroes: Really not my thing.

Legacy Collection: I'm surprised at how much I'm seeing. They could have really scaled back on this line. Here's what I like...

Basic 3-3/4-inch: Death Star Han, Imp. Scanning Crew, Hrchek Kal Fas, Leesub Sirlin, Snowspeeder Luke (really awesome), Jawa+Security Droid (great!), Jeremoch Colton (nice), and Zuckuss. Most of the "concept art" stuff around those is good, but not amazing. And I should probably be wetting myself over the fact that the "Ice Cream Maker Guy" is being made, but I'm not. (The idea is just so... 2002.) Also: Cloud City Wing Guards, new AT-AT Driver, Rum Sleg (OK, now I'm wetting myself), Nien Nunb, and Major Panno. There's a few other good ones in there like Slave Leia and the Nikto Gunner, but those are only a maybe for me.

Battle Packs: Seeing the Scramble on Yavin set again makes me want it. That's about it for those.

Comic Packs: As much as I like this concept, I haven't been interested since they first started.

Exclusives: I'm shocked by how much I like here. Wedge + X-wing looks good, but at $55 I'll probably pass. I'm tempted by one or two of those Target Geonosis sets. The Walmart Dewback set is the only thing here that I know I'll buy. Even though $30 feels a little expensive (I'd "live better" if I could "save money"), it looks great. The Gunship and Octuptarra Droid look tempting also, but I'm not really doing Clone Wars much at this point. The McQuarrie boxes look nice. I've got 'em all carded, so it's not for me, but I'm happy that others can have a chance at getting the whole set now. (Nice Hasbro!)

The Clone Wars: Even though I've decided not to collect this line, I still think it's great. I'll probably be tempted to buy one or two things anyway. Here's what I like...

Basic 3-3/4-inch: Yoda, Anakin w/ bubble helmet, Cade Bane. They all look good really, but I'll probably just get those to keep carded.

Battle Packs: Again, these look good, but I don't know if I'll buy any. Ambush on the Vulture's Claw is nice, if not a bit spendy.

Deluxe: I'm liking Obi-wan w/ Freeco Speeder here. This looks like a very fun toy.

Remote Control: Not interested in these. (Kind of boring.)

Roll Play: As much as most of us are probably sick of seeing this stuff in stores, I know that kids still get excited over it. I've heard more than a few "Don't you already have one of those?" conversations when a kid tries to get a parent to buy him/her "another" lightsaber. The Clone Blaster and Cap'n Rex Helmet are something I would have killed for as a kid.

Vehicles: Honestly... I can't afford this stuff, but if I could I'd still have no room for any of it. There may be a few exceptions depending on how I feel when I see them on the shelves though. The Corp. Alliance Tank Droid looks great, and I'm thinking about the Vulture Droid. The Republic Fighter Tank was a maybe, but now I'm thinking it's too cartoonish (too clean.)

Titaniums: And still no Ebon Hawk from KOTOR?!?

Transformers: :sad:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In all, I'm seeing some really solid offerings. If I don't care for 75% of what's there, then that's fine with me, as I started scaling back my collecting a while ago. But on the whole I think Hasbro has come up with a great line that will appeal to a wide variety of fans and collectors.

Oh... and one last thought: I think the Funeral Pyre Vader idea is horrible. I may be the only one, but I think it crosses a line when it comes to toys versus collectibles, and what's acceptable when it comes to something that a kid might actually want to "play" with. Burning a corpse isn't exactly the most kid friendly theme. If it's only being done to appeal to adult collectors, then I think it might be time to reevaluate just what it means to be a "toy" collector, rather than someone who obsessively wants every possible element from the Star Wars film--gruesome or not--made into an action figure. I mean... what bit of action are we celebrating here? Hopefully it's not just Hasbro sucking twenty dollars out of some collector's pocket.

DarkArtist
07-24-2009, 07:15 AM
my mind is going inot overtime with all the new stuff Hasbro is unleashing in 2009 for Star Wars......my wallet is already pinching........OUCH !! not completely sold on the DS II Luke yet, the Leia looks awesome and the new comic packs are looking great. looks like the summer and fall are going to be hard on the savings account. i guess Hasbro was right back at Toy Fair when they said that the the late summer and fall would see a huge Star Wars presence in the stores.

loving the Clone Wars merchandise as well.

vger
07-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm confused about the pricing of the Droid Factory Wal-Mart sets. They look to have less new tooling and sculpting than the Target Geonosis 2-packs but are $3 more. $16 for two figures and a build-a-droid part isn't as good a deal as the regular TLC figures where you get 2 figures and two build-a-droid parts. I hope Wal-Mart notices that they aren't selling very well and will adjust the price accordingly. I wasn't expecting them to be $10 like last year's, but $12 or $13 would be more reasonable than $16 a pop.

Ando
07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh... and one last thought: I think the Funeral Pyre Vader idea is horrible. I may be the only one, but I think it crosses a line when it comes to toys versus collectibles, and what's acceptable when it comes to something that a kid might actually want to "play" with. Burning a corpse isn't exactly the most kid friendly theme. If it's only being done to appeal to adult collectors, then I think it might be time to reevaluate just what it means to be a "toy" collector, rather than someone who obsessively wants every possible element from the Star Wars film--gruesome or not--made into an action figure. I mean... what bit of action are we celebrating here? Hopefully it's not just Hasbro sucking twenty dollars out of some collector's pocket.

I have mixed feelings on this concept piece.

1. It looks really great.
2. Hasbro said in the past they wouldn't do the charred, skeletal remains of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru because this is a toy line, and it's for the kids, and blah blah blah and it's too morbid, etc. etc. etc. (that's not an actual quote...). I agree with their stance on that and wonder why it does not apply here?
3. It looks really GREAT! I mean for something we didn't ask for (that's OT), they did a neat job on it.
4. To reduce the morbidity factor, or at least get it past moms/dads that don't want to introduce death and the concept and merits of open air cremation to their kids through their toy line, they should call it something else (Redemption of Anakin Skywalker?) and just leave out the Darth Vader and leave room to add your own Vader figure (or a Qui Gon, that's right Hasbro, leave out the figure and sell 2! But you won't, so never mind. We'll wait for the repack).
5. Include it in an upgraded Ewok Village playset. Or since you don't make playsets (except for the Sarlacc and Lars Homestead sets which no one asked for, you made anyways, they sucked/were overpriced -- I am right on one of those, if not both, and now you have fuel for the argument that no one buys playsets. Call them action sets, or environment sets. Or don't. It's your call, we just buy the stuff
6. Change out Luke's head with a Simon Pegg/Scotty head, toss out the Vader figure, and add fan's disappointment in Episode I (and the subsequent prequels) to the pire ala Episode 1, Series 2 of BBC 4's Spaced.

If a lot of this sound snarky, negative, and like I was just venting at Hasbro, then, well, that's cause it was.

Don't get me wrong, I like their stuff and even though I am winding down on the Clone Army army building, I will still be picking up things here and there that I like. It's just that time and time again, Hasbro's said one thing and then done another.

Cane_Adiss
07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
here's what I'm looking forward to buying this year, assuming it's all available by December.

Basic Figures:

Gungan Warrior
Queen Amidala (TPM Purple Gown)
Rum Sleg
Darth Sidious Hologram
Clegg Holdfast
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Princess Leia (Slave)
Nien Numb (B-Wing Pilot)
Major Panno
Giran
Malakili
Nikto Gunner
Ugnaught
Hrchek Kal Fas
Leesub Sirln
Ki-Adi Mundi (Concept Art)
Jawa and Security Droid
IG-88 (Concept Art)
Utai
Plo Koon
Sgt. Edian
Utris M'toc
Willrow Hood
Zuckuss

Funeral Pyre Darth Vader w/ Luke Skywalker

Comic Packs:

Lumiya and Luke Skywalker

Geonosis 2 packs:

Kit Fisto
Coleman Trebor
Roth Del-Masona
Joclad Danva

Wal-Mart:

Dewback

Clone Wars:

Jawas
4A-7
Whorm Loathsom
Cad Bane
Luminara Unduli
Gha Nachkt from battle pack

All together I'm estimating spending about $380. Great looking second half of 2009! Especially liking the Cantina aliens and Utris M'toc. I'm blown away by those three alone!

DarkJedi5
07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
In the twitter feed from the slide show Sir Steve confirms a new AT-ST!! AND IT SEATS TWO! Can't wait to see pics....

Droid
07-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Not much new I'm interested in from the slideshow.

Wasn't there supposed to be a lava flea from Mustafar at some point?

Does anyone else think maybe the Utai isn't from refueling Obi-wan's ship, but instead from wrangling the Boga?

I'm bummed the Jabba's droid comes with the EU wave I least want.

Am I correct the five still unmade from the last ToyFare poll are Bastila Shan, Padme funeral, Nom Anor, Darth Maul resculpt, and Anakin Solo?

I wish they would out and out say if a vote for the Tonnika Sisters in the poll would even matter or if it is throwing a vote away.

Old Fossil
07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
In the twitter feed from the slide show Sir Steve confirms a new AT-ST!! AND IT SEATS TWO! Can't wait to see pics....

Pics are up. I'm not as impressed by the AT-ST as I thought I'd be.

Most of the Legacy figures are pretty nice, though. Who is Captain Colton?

DarkJedi5
07-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Most of the Legacy figures are pretty nice, though. Who is Captain Colton?

Pilots the Tantive IV in ROTS. Can be seen in a lot of Cockpit shots. Played by Jeremy Bulloch.

Ando
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I just went through the slideshow and even though I printed off some pages of things that I would like to get (or at least like to see close up on the shelf), and unless there is more to come tomorrow, then I am wildly underwhelmed.

The things that I am most excited about besides the Crumb Bomber are Obi Wan's FX saber and the Insight book.

That new AT-ST? Yawn?

Resurgence of the Jedi BP... Nice one Hasbro. They must have little to no respect for their customers.

dindae
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I was a little let down by the slideshow. I'm not sure what I was hoping for. I didn't need another AT-ST so even thought it is cool much like the Falcon I will probably pass. Same goes for TIE and Interceptor. I like Jareal but I find it odd that we get her before Zayne and Gryph. Like someone said earlier I'm not thrill to get the EU wave to get a canon droid. It would be nice to match the waves with a droid from the source of the wave when possible.

sebillba
07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Another site did show two different Utai earlier in the day, but it wasn't in the actual display - the one currently not shown had no headgear.

I've still not found this - has anyone got a link please?

Droid
07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I've still not found this - has anyone got a link please?

Does this work for you? It's still up on that site. He's to the left of Jedi Luke.

http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_72.jpg

DarkJedi5
07-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Wow, hadn't noticed the second Utai! I wonder why he wasn't in the other cases or the slideshow...? I think the Intercepter and TIE are gonna have to look really great in person. I guess I just don't understand the ejector seat idea. I mean, aside from the TIE pilot that is blown out of his fighter in the asteroid field in ESB what would give you the idea that TIE Fighters even had ejector seats? The Empire doesn't give them shields but lets them eject? The missiles are a cool ne feature though.

Ji'dai
07-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Glad to see the McQuarrie figures will return though I'm hating having to buy all of them just to get the exclusive ones I missed. Since it's a Previews exclusive it should show up at comic shops, FYE, and some bookstores. Maybe I can catch these two packs on sale or clearance then.

I'll be getting quite a few of the OT basic figures and have wanted some of those EU characters forever. In the last couple years, the comic packs are often more appealing to me than the basic line.

Really don't collect vehicles any more so all of those are a pass. No Cloud Car once again, eh?

Great pics and coverage Steve, JT, and anyone else from SSG. Thanks for being there and representing us!

Mad Slanted Powers
07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm wondering what designation they will decide on for that blue R3 unit. The display said R3-M3, but Wookieepedia and the slide show say R3-O1. Also, still uncertain about the R3-A2. He looks a bit orangier in the slide show, but not quite like the previously released R3-A2.

Jaina and Jacen look all right. That will be cool to finally get those, along with Exar and Ulic.

DarkJedi5
07-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Also, still uncertain about the R3-A2. He looks a bit orangier in the slide show, but not quite like the previously released R3-A2.

I thought the same thing but looking at photos I found on other sites it does look a lot more orange. I'm not sure if it's the flash or lighting or what but I've seen some shots that are convincing. Maybe JT will log in and we can get an eye witness' answer.

Also, I notice the Concept Snowtrooper wasn't on the slide. The cards in the cabinets said that it should be out with the ESB wave. So when should we expect him?

Obsession is Nute
07-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I was a little let down by the slideshow. I'm not sure what I was hoping for. I didn't need another AT-ST so even thought it is cool much like the Falcon I will probably pass. Same goes for TIE and Interceptor. I like Jareal but I find it odd that we get her before Zayne and Gryph. Like someone said earlier I'm not thrill to get the EU wave to get a canon droid. It would be nice to match the waves with a droid from the source of the wave when possible.

It is wierd, I felt the same way Dindae. Although, when I wrote up my "must buy list" I put a suprisingly large number of figures and sets on it.

For me, the second half of this year will probably be one of the weakest as far as the Legacy collection goes. I am probably the only person on the planet that has zero interest in concept figures..
Pretty much Mecho-Chair Sidious, DSII Luke (The face mold looks off, but hopefully it will look perfect in person), Scanning Tech, Nikto Guards, Commander Cody and Zuckuss are the only ones that I really want from that line. The comic packs are pretty good, looking forward to getting a new Kyle Katarn and Lumiya and Blackhole will be welcome additions to my collection. BTW, to those read th originals, did Blackhole's Holo-image appear as small as they made the figure? I am all about accuracy, but it seems terribly tiny.

Very excited for the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, Octuparra Droid, and the buildable Darktrooper.

Beyond those and grabbing the last wave of Titanium, that is pretty much it for me.

bigbarada
07-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Man, SSG is just smokin' Rebelscum on the coverage here. I don't think RS even has the images from the slideshow up yet.

Anyways, the AT-ST does look a little strange, but I think that's just because the head is so big in order to accommodate two figures. I just wonder how well it's going to stand up on it's own. If it doesn't stand unassisted, then I will probably skip it.

Pretty excited about the TIE Interceptor and I'm very glad that I've passed up every large-winged incarnation of the TIE Fighter until now. I will probably buy both of those.

Finally, since Hasbro asked so nicely, I guess I can do them a favor and buy the Ice Cream Maker Guy. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh yeah, AT-AT Driver + Jango head = easy pass

Umbra
07-25-2009, 01:19 AM
I find it weird the expanded universe wave does not have an EU build-a-droid. =/

sebillba
07-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Does this work for you? It's still up on that site. He's to the left of Jedi Luke.

http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_72.jpg

Yup, that works fine! Awesome! Thanks for that. I'd like to see a clearer image, but just seeing this makes me very happy. :D

Devo
07-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm looking forward to a lot of the stuff on show. New AT-ST, Dewback, Resurgence of the jedi BP (for the tattooine Luke and Leia hologram), Bespin guards, cantina figures, Rancor keepers, Nysad, snowspeeder Luke, Geonosis arena 2 packs etc

The big let-down though is Death Star II Luke. This figure has been requested for a looonng time and they rehashed it using the horrible and awkward looking limbs from TAC jabbas palace Luke. Its insulting really. Those massive joints.

pegger
07-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Yup, that works fine! Awesome! Thanks for that. I'd like to see a clearer image, but just seeing this makes me very happy. :D

Sorry guys - that looks like a blurry Hrchek Kal Fes to me.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Sorry guys - that looks like a blurry Hrchek Kal Fes to me.
That's what I was thinking, but the colors didn't look right when I compared it to the clearer picture of him.

Hrchek Kal Fas (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=31204)

Mystery Utai (http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_72.jpg)

Slicker
07-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Could someone possibly link to the pics of the AT-ST? The connection out here is ridiculously slow and I can't get many pics to load up.

bigbarada
07-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Could someone possibly link to the pics of the AT-ST? The connection out here is ridiculously slow and I can't get many pics to load up.

Here's the link directly to the AT-ST image in the slideshow gallery:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32265

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Top-notch coverage from SSG again! RS is really falling behind on this one.

There weren't as many surprises as I had been expecting (from here and the SW stuff in general - no live action news and no solid CV date, really?). Anyway, I like the additions from the panel.

The Utai isn't shown on the poster or the slide. I wonder if it was scrapped? If so, why would they bring it to the show?

Leia looks great on the extra legs. I wonder how far back she can recline?

Putting Ki-Adi-Mundi in the ANH wave is weird. I guess they didn't want too many Jedi in the ROTS wave? Dunno.

Something funky must be going on with that R2-D2's panels, if he's supposed to have a restraining bolt. Hopefully the figure has a separate panel entirely with the bolt on it.

I love how they posed Willrow Hood. :p

The new AT-ST looks good, but I hope they don't make it look like it fell into a Chee-tos bag. The opening eyes, articulated legs, and two seats are pretty sweet.

The ejector seat on the new TIE Fighters is certainly interesting. The paint on the Interceptor is a little odd - is it based on something other than ROTJ? Also, I could do without the nonstop EU (regular) TIE Fighters in lieu of a nice, gray one with the big wings and the updated cockpit.

The 2010 Ambush trooper looks to be Jek, so I might be able to skip the Yoda-Jek set as I got the new Yoda recently anyway. The guns might be different, but I'm sure those will be re-released in the future.

Hondo Ohnaka and Pilf Mukmuk look awesome! Bly and Aayla were expected but turned out really well, too.

The EU wave looks alright. Shaak Ti and K'Kruhk are welcome. Jaina and the others look pretty good. What's all over Jacen? BG-J38 is nice to have, but I thought he was less yellow.

Nahdar Vebb looks fantastic! I know in the Q&A they said they likely wouldn't do it since he was a one-off character, so I guess this is a good way to do it, and I like mail-aways. :D

The Fan Choice poll is interesting - will we just be submitting the list we already have?

As to the funeral pyre Vader - it's a really well done piece from one of the most poignant moments of the whole saga. They already said it would be an exclusive if they did it, so I don't see the kid factor as playing a huge role (or really one at all). If they sold it at a future Comic Con, that could work.

mark2d2
07-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah, what is the story with putting a Prequel Concept Fig into the ANH wave. That is simply, um, bizarre. Not to mention, frankly, annoying...

Mad Slanted Powers
07-26-2009, 01:38 AM
The Fan Choice poll is interesting - will we just be submitting the list we already have?We've been discussing that in the discussion thread from the old poll. I'm thinking we could have people submit new top 30 lists to compile, but I'll let the powers that be decide on how we should proceed.

Yeah, what is the story with putting a Prequel Concept Fig into the ANH wave. That is simply, um, bizarre. Not to mention, frankly, annoying...The TAC concept figures didn't necessarily match up:

Concept Stormtrooper in the ROTS wave
Concept Boba Fett in the Yavin wave
Concept Rebel Trooper in the AOTC wave

mark2d2
07-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Ah, so the very concept behind concept figures has to always be as annoying as possible... Mission accomplished. Good to know.

Slicker
07-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Here's the link directly to the AT-ST image in the slideshow gallery:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32265 Thanks a lot for the link, Big B. :thumbsup:

That's definitely a vast improvement over the Vintage/POTF2 ones. I would have to assume that the paint is only preliminary and that they'll put more of a battle damage wash on it.

Blue2th
07-26-2009, 11:09 AM
The EU wave looks alright. Shaak Ti and K'Kruhk are welcome. Jaina and the others look pretty good. What's all over Jacen?

I'm not finding these. Where are they?

The AT-ST is awesomeness personified! :thumbsup: I like the way the legs can even extend outward from the body, if I'm seeing it right in that one pic. You could definitely do the Endor log stumbling scene with all that articulation.
This is a must have for me.
The rust weathering is not too bad. I hope the retail version looks close to this piece.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm not finding these. Where are they?

Right here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32277).

Blue2th
07-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks MSP, guess I didn't look there.

I like the looks of these. Wonder why we get these in an EU wave and not the characters like this in comic packs?

It probably means superior articulation though, as one character in a comic 2-pk is usually inferior in that area.

Looking forward to K'Kruhk the most. Is Shaak Ti from the Force Unleashed? I know she's been requested a lot.

DarkJedi5
07-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, that's her TFU outfit. Now I should probably go out and try and find a Marris Brood to go with her.

pbarnard
07-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I'd rather see "the old stuff" at ComicCon before I start seeing the new stuff...

But EU comic packs steal the show like always as the ones I just have to have.

dindae
07-27-2009, 03:05 PM
So there was mention of posting audio and Q&A points of intrest but I don't see either. Am I missing it or has it not been posted?