PDA

View Full Version : New Titaniums at SDCC

Darth Duranium
07-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey, whaddaya know... Titanium pics from SDCC. Thanks WiiWhitey from RS... scroll down a bit to the close-ups.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3825649&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3825649

Fan pics from SDCC: Malevolence (backwards AGAIN), Neb B, Mace Windu JSF with 3-engine Hyperdrive, Punishing One, Outrider, Mist Hunter, CW Y-Wing (different yellow striping) repaint... maybe a cleaner Republic Attack Shuttle and rustier Virago, too... hard to say...

Brings a tear to the eye... sad that this is it... Happy Hallowe'en cuz that's the street date. I love the Nebby B and Malevolence... both are outstanding, IMO. Shame the long-lost Outrider's so small but I'll be happy to have it!! Woo-hoo! :D The BH ships are pretty good, too.

Glad we're getting another JSF with 3-engined HR... the Anakin one seemed lonely. Wouldn't mind another distinctly different V-19 Torrent or Headhunter, either.

Haven't seen the new Gunship tool in there... wonder if it's dead. Brace yourself, DW.

EDIT: Steve (or JT?) just posted pics, too: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5848

cloneemperor
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Looks like most of the pictures posted at 'scum were taken from SSG. But the new vehicles look awesome. Wonder if I'll see them around here. Going on 8 months with no new Titanium on the shelves around here.

Darth Windu
07-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Hey, whaddaya know... Titanium pics from SDCC. Thanks WiiWhitey from RS... scroll down a bit to the close-ups.

Haven't seen the new Gunship tool in there... wonder if it's dead. Brace yourself, DW.
haha, honestly I was completely unexcited about everything they showed, probably because I know that's the end of the line and I can't work up the enthusiasm...and we already knew what was coming.

The Neb-B I admit looks fantastic, as for the new Gunship I'm not too bothered really, seemed like a bad idea to me anyway and probably would've been the CW-type Gunship like the 'new' action-figure scaled version.

Blue2th
07-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Looks like they really sharpened the detail on the Malevolence and Nebulon B.
Those two look outstanding, though I want them all.
Thanks to SSG attendees for getting the pics up so soon this time! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to these last Titaniums more than anything else Hasbro has to offer. Hope they are not too hard to locate. I might just pre-order them if offered online just to be sure. Though all the new molds probably won't be offered in the same wave.

Darth Duranium
07-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Looks like most of the pictures posted at 'scum were taken from SSG.

I couldn't get SSG to load (too busy?) last night so I checked the forums at RS and voila... I was too busy staring at the ships to even notice the SSG logo.:D

Well, there are plenty of folks who chat on both forums, but it is bad form not to give props when you lift a bunch of stuff from other sites and repost it... well, at least he didn't crop out the logo. :)

So, on that note, I nipped a shot back from the RS forums :twisted:... DS grabbed a shot of the new Republic Gunship (whew, DW!). Now it's got an SSG logo too!

LTBasker
07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow, I'm absolutely in awe at the detail they put into the Malevolence and Nebulon-B. The production process will probably cripple them severely, but it makes me excited to get them despite it being the end of the line. I just wish Hasbro hadn't waited for the line's death sentence to bring in amazing detailing like that.

mtriv73
07-23-2009, 09:54 PM
I love the Neb B, outrider, and a few others. I'm pre-ordering these as soon as BBTS or EE put them up. The last wave of a cancelled line is going to be im possible to find at retail.

Darth Windu
07-24-2009, 02:56 AM
DS grabbed a shot of the new Republic Gunship (whew, DW!). Now it's got an SSG logo too!
haha eh, not too impressed. I suspected it would be the ****ty CW-series Gunship rather than a proper Gunship with turrets, but still. Not that I'm saying I won't buy it, I will, but it's the least impressive of the three options we came up with (CW-series Gunship; AT-TE Carrier; Gunship with turrets)

Darth Duranium
07-25-2009, 04:04 AM
So, according to Hasbro, we're getting 3 more waves:

Wave 7 - late July - Malevolence, Punishing One, new Republic Gunship

Wave 8 - late Sept - Mist Hunter (new Windu JSF, new CW Y-Wing)

Wave 9 - late Oct - Nebulon B, Outrider

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32252
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32253

Almost seems anticlimactic... we've known the final lineup (except for repaints and repacks) for months...

The Outrider in the production pic sure has better paint than the SDCC sample....

Blue2th
07-25-2009, 09:59 AM
So according to that the Malevolence, Punishing One, and new Gunship should be on the pegs shortly. These might be tough to get spread out like this.

I wonder what other re-packs, re-paints, are included in those waves?

Darth Windu
07-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Looked to me like they cleaned up the paint on Anakin's CW Jedi Starfighter.

Darth Duranium
07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
So according to that the Malevolence, Punishing One, and new Gunship should be on the pegs shortly. These might be tough to get spread out like this.

I wonder what other re-packs, re-paints, are included in those waves?

It's weird we haven't seen any new ships from upcoming waves from HK sellers...

I wonder what's coming, too. At least SDCC gave us hope...

Well, there's always Minimates ships from BSG...:D

Blue2th
07-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Well, there's always Minimates ships from BSG...:D

Those are cute..but that would be like collecting Galactic Heroes or Burger King toys, which I guess if you were jonesin' for something to buy and your money is burning a hole in your pocket and you had to have everything related to BSG. :squareeye

Darth Duranium
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Naw, I wouldn't buy them, Blue. Too silly, methinks. I find that my "novelty" ships (i.e. Pigs In Space, Tintin, Marvin the Martian, Jetsons etc) end up unloved and in boxes most of the time... though a few go into the wife's Christmas village. :)

Speaking of Burger King, I'm working on converting their 2009 Trek shuttle into a pseudo-JL ship... I've trimmed the wings down, chopped the "landing gear" off, puttied the hole at the front, put a new bottom hull on, and then I primered it... it looks surprisingly passable for 99 cents... still needs more paint and decals.