PDA

View Full Version : Comic-Con Luke X-Wing

WesleySr
07-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Just out of curiousity, is the Comic-Con Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot available at retail price online?

DarkArtist
07-27-2009, 10:13 AM
comic on luke is up for sale on Hasbrotoyshop.com for $9.99... placed my order this morning

JEDIpartner
07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Yep, it's there in all its stupid-looking glory!! :) I kinda figured it would turn up on HTS, but I had my friend get me at least one at Comic-Con. WOOT!!!

pbarnard
07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
My guess he'll be available until next spring if the last few years worth of exclusives is any judge.

DarkJedi5
07-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Well I ordered up two for myself. The $9.99 price tag isn't that bad at all. I'm planning a head swap anyway with TAC Biggs (and stealing the helmet from the TAC pilot Biggs) so that he can finally have and SA pilot figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2009, 02:41 PM
I got one and also ordered the Vader/Trachta comic pack which I've been unable to find, so that's something.

pbarnard
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Don't forget the one time use SW2009 discount (or just use multiple emails adresses) or Comic2009 which should work on all the exclusives.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Dang, I wish I had seen this earlier. I placed an order for a couple packs of the stands just a little bit ago. I could have saved on shipping by having this on the same order.

dr_evazan22
07-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I just finished ordering 2 of these and the code(s) didn't do anything for me.:upset:

Slightly off topic, but I was looking at fig's on StarWarsShop.com during the con, looking for this Luke fig. They had the newer Legacy and CW figs for a whopping 13.99. And, strangely, comic packs were 12.99. Go figure(s).

Mad Slanted Powers
07-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I just finished ordering 2 of these and the code(s) didn't do anything for me.:upset:

Slightly off topic, but I was looking at fig's on StarWarsShop.com during the con, looking for this Luke fig. They had the newer Legacy and CW figs for a whopping 13.99. And, strangely, comic packs were 12.99. Go figure(s).It appears that they come with a protective case though. I think that when they sell just the carded figure, it is cheaper.

TheDarthVader
07-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Enter code bktf09 for free shipping!!! You're welcome in advance.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Too late for me.

Slicker
07-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Enter code bktf09 for free shipping!!! You're welcome in advance.I'm too late too. That shipping was what almost kept me from buy it too.

TheDarthVader
07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Sorry guys. It was probably me...I was too late. :( bktf09 FREE SHIPPING CODE!

Slicker
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Sorry guys. It was probably me...I was too late. :( bktf09 FREE SHIPPING CODE!No worries. It's the thought that counts. You get an "E" for affort.

WesleySr
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Well, thanks to everyone for letting me know. I just ordered 2 of them along with 2 of the Stormtrooper Commanders and used STARWARS10 and got a 10% discount.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2009, 01:32 AM
I got this figure today from FedEx (but no sign of the Comic Pack I ordered with it; I know they shipped separately, but got confirmation for that one first). The ladder is pretty sweet, but the figure is pretty damn goofy! I guess that's the expression you'd make after blowing up the Death Star, but it's slightly ridiculous and barely looks like Luke.

JediTricks
08-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry guys. It was probably me...I was too late. :( bktf09 FREE SHIPPING CODE!Only works on Transformers.

Kidhuman
08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
I just cant see paying 10 bucks for a ladder.

DarkJedi5
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
I got mine yesterday and am pretty pleased... with the ladders. I plan on using the pilots for head swaps. Not sure what to do with the heads though. Also, the underside of the top of the ladder seems to have cuts so that it can clip onto something. But what and where?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I got mine yesterday and am pretty pleased... with the ladders. I plan on using the pilots for head swaps. Not sure what to do with the heads though. Also, the underside of the top of the ladder seems to have cuts so that it can clip onto something. But what and where?
I wondered that as well. The ladder can prop right up next to the existing X-wings, but I wonder if Wedge's ship has some sort of connectors on it.

DarkJedi5
08-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I wondered that as well. The ladder can prop right up next to the existing X-wings, but I wonder if Wedge's ship has some sort of connectors on it.

What I was wondering is that presumably these are the same ladders that would have come with the canceled accessory set. If so, was there another piece in that set (a pair of hooks maybe) that would clip in and secure it right on to the cockpit? But they work and they look good which is pretty much all I care about.

DarkArtist
08-06-2009, 07:33 AM
got mine in the mail yesterday and overall I actually like the smiley face Luke. the ladder is cool and can wait to make a dio of Luke decending the ladder at the end of Star Wars.

mtriv73
08-06-2009, 10:20 AM
I ordered mine over a week ago and it still hasn't shipped yet. It just says estimated ship date 08/03. It looks like their estimate is a little off. Oh well, it'll come eventually. HTS isn't exactly renowned for their stellar service.

pbarnard
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
I ordered mine over a week ago and it still hasn't shipped yet. It just says estimated ship date 08/03. It looks like their estimate is a little off. Oh well, it'll come eventually. HTS isn't exactly renowned for their stellar service.

Actually, depends on how you complain or mention it. They once lost an order of mine, but ended up reshipping it again, no cost to me, and then original order and the reshipped order showed up the same day.

I'm still waiting too, but for Destro 2 pack. I think this weekend I shall write and call.

DarkArtist
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM

i really have never had any problems with HTS. usually a few days after i placed the order it's at my door. i think i ordered the entire waves of ESB and AOTC when they were in stock on a tuesday and by friday they were already added to my collection and displays

mtriv73
08-06-2009, 01:59 PM
i really have never had any problems with HTS. usually a few days after i placed the order it's at my door. i think i ordered the entire waves of ESB and AOTC when they were in stock on a tuesday and by friday they were already added to my collection and displays

Usually they're pretty good, but when they screw up they do it royally. Not that I consider things shipping a few days later than expected that big a deal, but they have been known for shipping the wrong items, cramming everything into boxes and apparently jumping on them a few times before sending them out, and cancelling orders at the drop of a hat. Still, it beats getting to WM or TRU and finding the new wave, but also finding that some schmuck has taken the droid parts.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I got a ship confirmation yesterday, 9 days after the order confirmation.