PDA

View Full Version : 1:6 Commander Cody on the way!

jedibear
07-26-2009, 07:37 PM
On the heels of that "Legendary Scale" bust announcement of the Clone Commander, comes the great news that a sixth-scale figure is on the way!

This is the clone I've been waiting for! From the looks of the slide at the SDCC presentation, he will feature a "realistic" (ROTS) head sculpt and two helmets...the ROTS one and the CW one.

Judging from how well the Utapau clone turned out, I'm really stoked for this one

Blue2th
07-26-2009, 10:05 PM
I've been skipping a few Sideshow's lately but I'm not missing this one. The Phase I helmet sweetens the deal. :thumbsup:

I hope we get a holo Palpatine too.

Jayspawn
07-26-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm all over this one. I'm passing on several clones (Utapau, Shocky, etc) to get this one. I like that they're throwing in 3 heads to boot! That seals the deal for me. I bet the Holo Sidious accessory is the exclusive.

jonthejedi
07-27-2009, 03:20 AM
When do I p/b???!!!!

jedibear
07-28-2009, 08:09 PM
.... I bet the Holo Sidious accessory is the exclusive.

I hope that's a standard accessory...

I think the exclusive accessory should be Kenobi's light saber hilt (and let there be a place on his belt to hang it)...

Darth Cruel
07-30-2009, 10:10 AM
I had to stop acquiring new pieces for my collection. The only thing I have acquired in 2009 is a pair of Exclusive Sideshow Darth Vaders.

But I swore that when Commander Cody came out that I was going to get one. And I promised my son that I would get one for him as well. It will be an expensive present as I am sure that he will play with it and break it quickly. But he loves the character and my Sideshow figures so much that I can't refuse to get him one.

JediTricks
08-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Because of the second, animated helmet (which I don't give a crap about), it's their first "Deluxe" figure, which I fear means deluxe pricing. I'm not sure if I'll wake up early for the preorder or not. I did want this figure, but their prices lately have clobbered me.

Blue2th
08-01-2009, 11:16 PM
When is this PPO? I haven't heard anything or gotten a notice. Any announcements? Don't want to miss it.

JediTricks
08-01-2009, 11:30 PM
I dunno, and I just realized I could have done PPO at the con for him but was super busy and forgot. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

jedibear
08-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I don't think a true prototype is prepared yet for him, let alone a PPO time or date...all we've seen from the Sideshow presentation was photos of an unfinished model. He probably won't even be offered until late in the fourth quarter, I'd guess...

Was there more shown at the booth at SDCC?

Blue2th
08-02-2009, 12:07 PM
You know with the Phase I optional helmet, Sideshow might decide to do a long haired Anakin from the Micro Series.
I would spring for that.

Hope Cody comes with his Jet Pack btw.
Maybe Obi-Wan's lightsaber hilt?..as well as the Sidious holo of course.

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I don't think a true prototype is prepared yet for him, let alone a PPO time or date...all we've seen from the Sideshow presentation was photos of an unfinished model. He probably won't even be offered until late in the fourth quarter, I'd guess...

Was there more shown at the booth at SDCC?
Ah, that's why I didn't preorder it, great reason. :p Man, Comic-Con killed me this year, my brain is still frazzled.

Tycho
08-03-2009, 04:02 AM
I want Cody.

Blue2th
08-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Looks like we'll eventually be getting an Airborne Trooper to round out the set with Cody:

Have you decided on how you will be handling all the variations of Clones (such as accessory packs of shoulder pauldrons, weapons, different battle-damaged helmets, etc.) rather than slowly releasing one figure at a time for the multitude of clones? Have you considered releasing accessory packs for the 12-inch line, such as weapons bundles or other accessories?

Yes, this is an active topic of discussion at our design meetings. After review of the reference from Episodes 2 and 3, and Clone Wars, our team has focused on the ‘character’ clones, including commanders like Cody, as a means of introducing new armor styles, weapons, and other clone gear. We do intend to introduce some of the un-named clone styles, like Cody’s Airborne division. The team doesn’t see a great purpose for accessory packs yet - most of the accessories that you describe are really integral to new clone trooper characters, regiments, or platforms and are better released within figure products.

jedibear
08-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Now that's cool to read! I like the look of the Airborne trooper....and since we already have the standard 212th Division trooper, the potential for a really good trio to display is there...

C'mon, Cody!