PDA

View Full Version : Walmart 2009 Droid Factory sets

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I got these today, which I totally wasn't expecting. I also didn't expect for them to be $17 each, so after tax it was $92 and some change for the set of five. Another surprise was that the Boba Fett included here is the animated version from 2007; I initially thought someone had switched the figure, since everything we've seen before indicated that it would be the Evolution figure, but there were a few sets like this and the animated figure was shown on the back, so I assume everything is alright. The packaging also names where each of these characters is seen, mentioning the Droids series, the I, Jedi novel, and The New Droid Army video game, among others, which is new but cool.

I'll open them soon and post thoughts. The pricetag may make you rethink these, but we'll see how good they are.

El Chuxter
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Wow. I was actually really looking forward to almost all of these, but $17 each? Wow.

pbarnard
07-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Where's Wimmateeka and Droid Works? (with name borrowed from Hett Nik's Tales from Mos Isley Cantina).

All depends on the BAD...the price tag is making me think twice, but the droids may take it all away.

El Chuxter
07-27-2009, 01:54 PM
General Mohc as the final-stage Darktrooper is the Build-A-"Droid."

pbarnard
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
General Mohc as the final-stage Darktrooper is the Build-A-"Droid."

I know that, but I want to see what it looks like. I should have been clearer.

El Chuxter
07-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I can honestly say it looks nice enough in person that it is actually painful to realize that I can't, or at least shouldn't, drop $92 on that, a few new figures and droids (even with I5 and Corran!), and a lot of rehash.

Worst thing is, they said these would be really limited quantities compared to last year's. So if you don't have the money the first time they show up, which appears to be now, you're SOL.

DarkJedi5
07-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I got the whole set today too (and an extra of the Ani and Cortosis SBD) and like JJL was surprised by the Fett. It makes sense but not even at Comic Con did they show the right figure.... And the price stung a lot, hopefully once they're open and the BaD is assembled I'll be able to nurse my wallet back to health. Oh and like I said, I snagged an extra set so if anyone wants the Anakin (I know, he's an old rehash anyway) or the arms to this guy (so that you don't have to buy the set) pm me.

Washingtonian
07-27-2009, 03:00 PM
That's great news that these are showing up! I have been looking forward to the Boba Fett & BL-17 set since they were announced at Toy Fair. Unfortunately they will never be showing up here in Canada. Would anybody here be able to help me get them?

Ando
07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
$17.00 each?!? PASS.

I wanted to get the Grievous set and the Corran Horn sets, but I can do without.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Okay, here are some thoughts on the figures.

Grievous is the exact same as the 2005 version with the four arms where you push down on his head and his arms move. The lightsabers sometimes have a hard time staying in. The cape is alright; there's an elastic strap that runs across Grievous' neck, but you can position it to look good, even if it's not accurate (there should be a point where both sides connect together, but they've never done this on a figure). Also, there's no emblem on the back. So it's definitely not a perfect caped Grievous.

CB-3D is pretty nice. It's a repaint of the VOTC R2-D2, with the panel glued down. It's kind of a red-orange color scheme, which we haven't seen yet, so that's good.

Anakin is essentially a repack of the comic pack version, but with less dirt on the face and darker paint on the robes and boots.

The Cortosis Battle Droid is based on the SBD that's been shipping one way or another since 2007, but with a new torso and forearms. It's quite interesting looking.

Boba, as has been said, is the animated version. Instead of the staff or the gun he was originally packed with, for some reason he includes both guns from the Evolution version, with the gray paint and everything. It's an interesting choice since it better matches the Droids cartoon he's based on. The photo on the back looks to be a photoshopped version of the original picture of this figure from 2007, as it still has the weird unproduced different head, but they edited out the staff.

BL-17 is quite cool. His arms and legs are from 4-LOM, as are those of I-5YQ. There's no waist articulation, but I don't know where they would have put any anyway. Due to the lack of waist articulation and the somewhat odd placement of his legs, his left one is slightly in front of the right one, but it's not bad (again, I-5YQ is similar in this area). He's got a somewhat shiny finish, just like the animated Boba.

Darth Maul is the shirtless Evolution one with a cloak of the same fabric as his current soft goods. It might have made more sense for them to release the other, fully-clothed Evolution figure with a new robe, but it still works.

I-5YQ is similar to BL-17 but has some added features. The neck is the first time we've seen a 3PO-like protocol droid with the same ball-joint neck currently being used on almost every other figure, and it works really well, even if the neck is slightly too skinny to accommodate the feature. The chest opens up to reveal a removable little holocron, which is a nice surprise (I didn't know what it was or that it was removable based on the pictures). He reminds me of how a really good AOTC C-3PO could be.

Corran Horn uses the Luke X-wing body and all of his accessories (with the tips of both sabers painted black). The flesh paint on his face bleeds over into his hair in a few places, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. I don't know much about this character but it works well as a new pilot.

R2 Whistler also uses the VOTC R2 body with the panel glued on. It's a pretty standard lime green droid, with extra stripes around his head. Again, more astromechs are always welcome.

The Dark Trooper Droid is HUGE. It looks to be based on the same one as the POTF2 figure, but black and quite a bit taller. The legs, for instance, go up to the shoulders of the protocol droids. Apart from the head, he's super-articulated and seems to hold together well.

So, given the $85 pricetag before tax, that rings up at around $7.73 per figure, if you count all 11. Hasbro said at Comic Con they would be $15.99 each, so maybe the stores are pricing them differently. Though there are a few useless figures, I think most of them are pretty good, and the Dark Trooper is pretty great.

If anyone wants pics, I'll post them.

DarkJedi5
07-27-2009, 04:33 PM
The worst part is that they look good in person. I thought BL-17 looked so cartoony in the photos I'd seen but he looked great in the package. And the Grievous has a really good paint wash on him that gives him some great blood-red highlights. I can't wait to see the Darktrooper fully realized once I get them all open.

Ando
07-27-2009, 04:38 PM
I really wanted the astromech's for my collection, but I will find them somewhere else.

Snowtrooper
07-27-2009, 06:06 PM
My brother picked me up a set the other night. Lookin forward to seeing what they're like. I was shocked that they cost $17. I thought $12 or $13 was going to be the price. I might keep them in package and see if they go on clearance. If they do I might return the others and buy the clearance ones.

DarkJedi5
07-27-2009, 08:12 PM
My brother picked me up a set the other night. Lookin forward to seeing what they're like. I was shocked that they cost $17. I thought $12 or $13 was going to be the price. I might keep them in package and see if they go on clearance. If they do I might return the others and buy the clearance ones.

Good luck, I think the receipt is only good for 30 days. I doubt they'll be clearanced that fast. If at all, Hasbro is releasing these in much smaller quantities than last years. They only had one case of these out at my WM but room for at least two more behind it.

Darth Jax
07-27-2009, 10:23 PM
i saw them at WM and took one to a scanner cuz there was no shelf tags. had picked up all 5 of them, but put them back when they scanned $17 each.

El Chuxter
07-28-2009, 01:45 AM
I saw 'em tonight and was tempted. But I figured out that I wanted Mohc, I5, Corran, and Whistler, and maybe the funky green protocol droid with Boba. Four, maybe five, figures. Or $21.25, maybe $17, per figure with lots of duplicates or less interesting figures. I was on the fence about getting just Corran/Whistler and maybe Maul/I5, but decided against it. Were it a new Barriss with I5, or if Corran were either in his CorSec suit or Jedi robes, I would've bitten.

Am I the only person now who figures that an astromech is only worth about $6, since a protocol droid is one figure, and the BAD astromechs require four figures to build as opposed to six, and are therefore worth about 3/4 as much?

Neuroleptic
07-28-2009, 06:36 AM
If someone could post good pictures of these, I'd appreciate it. It'll help me decide which one I'm going to buy (if any).

sebillba
07-28-2009, 07:12 AM
I've pretty much decided not to get these, though I may pick up one or two loose from ebay. At the moment, I'm only really inerested in BL-17 and Grievous's cape.

DarkArtist
07-28-2009, 07:46 AM
i just hope my walmart carries them. last year i had to buy them in Virginia on vacation as it was the only Walmart to have them in stock by me. all mine were stating that they either didn't order them or didn't know what i was talking about. keeping my fingers crossed as I want the Dark Trooper and the rest of the Droids along with Corran.

DarkArtist
07-28-2009, 11:33 AM
checked walmart.com and they are not up yet but they still have in stock last years Han and droid set.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2009, 06:03 PM
checked walmart.com and they are not up yet but they still have in stock last years Han and droid set.
Yeah, that's how I got them last year. I'm tempted to go to Wal-Mart and check after work, but I just don't like driving to the other side of town at that time of day. Plus, this week is really hot here. So, I'll just wait and see what they have on Saturday.

DarkJedi5
07-28-2009, 06:10 PM
If someone could post good pictures of these, I'd appreciate it. It'll help me decide which one I'm going to buy (if any).

I'll do it as soon as my camera is finished charging....

DarkJedi5
07-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Here are some of Corran and Whistler....

DarkJedi5
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Here are some shots of Grievous/CB-3D and Maul/I-5YQ...

DarkJedi5
07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Last ones... Cortosis SBDs, BL-17 and the Darktrooper.

Ji'dai
07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
I'd like to have an articulated Dark Trooper. Really don't have any interest in the sets other than Corran & Whistler though. Maybe the trooper will be released eventually by itself since we're getting Kyle Katarn.

Neuroleptic
07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Might get the Coran/Whistler set . . . if I find it and its a good paint of Whistler. Otherwise . . . all are an easy pass.

El Chuxter
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Hmmm, that Darktrooper looks quite impressive in that pic, moreso than at the Con. I'm having second thoughts now. I can always give the carp figures to a hospital or something.

Corran looks nothing like any picture of Corran, but is a dead ringer for Matthew Fox as Racer X from the Speed Racer movie.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, that Darktrooper looks quite impressive in that pic, moreso than at the Con. I'm having second thoughts now. I can always give the carp figures to a hospital or something.

Corran looks nothing like any picture of Corran, but is a dead ringer for Matthew Fox as Racer X from the Speed Racer movie.

The figure looks a bit like this picture (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Corran-guns.jpg).

Phantom-like Menace
07-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Damn, I wish things were spread out more. Oh well, I can live with only getting Corran/Whistler and the other astromech. The Darktrooper is pretty sweet, but what am I going to do with one single, expensive army builder? If I can't build an army, I can't see the point.

wawe1
08-09-2009, 09:19 PM
What a rip-off!

DarkArtist
08-10-2009, 08:51 AM
have still yet to see these in Jersey. checked 6 different Walmarts and nothing. last year I found the wave in Virginia. really hope the Walmarts by me start stocking them soon. really want that Dark Trooper

DarkJedi5
08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I've got the arms available if some one wants to work out a trade?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
For those that have found them, were they with the rest of the figures. I didn't notice them being there on Saturday, but I wasn't really thinking about them and did look much beyond the regular Star Wars section.

DarkJedi5
08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah when I found them they were with the regular SW stuff but they went really fast. In a week my WM had sold through its entire stock.

Blue2th
08-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I saw these today.
Looks like I'll only buy one of them if at all.
Too much $$ for what you're getting.
Too many repacks to be worth it.

dr_evazan22
08-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I found the complete set yesterday, in with the other SW figs. I didn't know how much they were at first, and if I didn't want the Darktrooper I would've put at least some back. It didn't look like they were evenly packed in the case, because there was only 1 of 2 of the figs.

DarkArtist
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
finally found a set today in Walmart. The Dark Trooper is amazing.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I found these today. I almost didn't find them. They were on the end cap right next to the regular Star Wars figures. I thought I looked there first, then wandered out towards the main aisle to see if they were out there anyplace. I came back one more time and looked at that end cap again and they were down lower. The packages were smaller than I expected as well. I was able to get them all though, so I can check that off my list.

pbarnard
08-16-2009, 10:58 AM
finally found a set today in Walmart. The Dark Trooper is amazing.

:love:Exactly!!! It is huge!!!! Compared to the Old EU/Fans Choice figure, it is half a body length taller still!

I found it on the bottom shelf, sort of hidden, but pretty much gone yesterday.

djsosharp
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
With these kinds of things, do some Wal-Marts just never end up carrying them? I'm pretty new to action figure collecting so I haven't dealt with this before. Right now I'm frustrated about these as well as the comic packs:
Luke + Lumiya
Luke + Deena
Krayt + Dare
Katarn + Vong

Anyone got any advice on where to find those, other than eBay where they sell for $30 to $40 apiece?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2009, 10:04 PM
The comic packs are just barely out, so don't worry about those just yet. But yeah, Walmart is weird when it comes to exclusives. Some will be drowning in them, and others won't have any. I'm not sure what determines it, but it varies even within small areas.

djsosharp
08-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks. Btw, my wife and I have also wanted a Cliegg figure. We wanted it to be a talking figure that said "Shmi is my wife"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks. Btw, my wife and I have also wanted a Cliegg figure. We wanted it to be a talking figure that said "Shmi is my wife"
Nice! Be sure to support it in future versions of the Fans Choice poll (he came in first in our first round, if you didn't see that already).

pbarnard
08-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't think these comic packs are exlcusives. I thought these were "wide" releases.

Blue2th
08-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I went back to the Walmart that had these, couldn't find them in the regular Star Wars section like they were before.
I asked the clerk where they were. He said over in the Clearance section. Went over there and that's where they were. I asked him why and he said that's where they put them because of the reset. They weren't on sale.

He said they might be on sale in a week or so. I told him they just came out why would they be on sale and in the Clearance section? He couldn't answer but said they were over there according to the reset instructions.

Puzzling.

DarkJedi5
08-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't think these comic packs are exlcusives. I thought these were "wide" releases.

You're right, the comic packs discussed above are not exclusives, people are finding them at all retailers.

I went back to the Walmart that had these, couldn't find them in the regular Star Wars section like they were before.
I asked the clerk where they were. He said over in the Clearance section. Went over there and that's where they were. I asked him why and he said that's where they put them because of the reset. They weren't on sale.

He said they might be on sale in a week or so. I told him they just came out why would they be on sale and in the Clearance section? He couldn't answer but said they were over there according to the reset instructions.

Puzzling.

That's just typical Walmart, IMO. They really don't take care of their exclusives. They've had lots of items in the past couple years (and much more to come this year including the AT-ST!) that wasn't on the shelf in my local WM when it was supposed to be, showed up maybe a month late in huge quantities, sold slowly and within another three weeks was hidden in clearance (whether on sale or not). On the flip side, both Walmart droid factory series were kind of hard to find inside the Walmarts that had them. The first time around they had one set at eye level and the rest were up above so that I needed an employee with a ladder to get them down. This time they were behind other product on the bottom shelf. It would have been pretty easy to miss them if I hadn't been looking so hard. I would think that exclusives would be on an end cap or something front and center so that everyone could see these special items with the "only at..." sticker on it.

djsosharp
08-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah their whole-hearted apathy only makes the situation worse, which is already bad (often having to go ask teenage clerks about toys as a grown man and getting smirks).

And yeah I know the comic packs aren't Wal-Mart, just felt like mentioning that in my post anyway. Sorry for the confusion

DarkJedi5
08-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah their whole-hearted apathy only makes the situation worse, which is already bad (often having to go ask teenage clerks about toys as a grown man and getting smirks).

And yeah I know the comic packs aren't Wal-Mart, just felt like mentioning that in my post anyway. Sorry for the confusion

Teenaged-smeenaged I'm sick of asking people who work in toys questions and them not knowing anything about the product. When I worked at a Banana Republic I worked in men's but I had to know the whole store. These people work toys and they don't even know toys. I just hate Walmart exclusives. At least you find everyone else's when they have them. Walmart you've gotta scramble if it's something you want (AT-ST, Dewback) cause it if blink you could miss it.

DarkArtist
08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
i have to say the whole build a droid series is awesome. i think it's the best way for Hasbro to release new droids without having to charge collectors an additional 7.99 for a repainted R2 or Threepio.

i mean i really could not see Hasbro giving us carded versions of the DarkTrooper, HK-47, YVH, Phase 1 Darktrooper.

i hope Hasbro continues the trend of BAD for years to come. just puzzeled as to why they decided to give us an R2 jawa damage on a card...why not just make him a build a droid.

Ando
08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Teenaged-smeenaged I'm sick of asking people who work in toys questions and them not knowing anything about the product. When I worked at a Banana Republic I worked in men's but I had to know the whole store. These people work toys and they don't even know toys. I just hate Walmart exclusives. At least you find everyone else's when they have them. Walmart you've gotta scramble if it's something you want (AT-ST, Dewback) cause it if blink you could miss it.

I am with you there, DJ5. TRU exclusives are the easiest to get, and Wal-Mart's are the hardest. I usually end up with them, but they are still a pain.

PS: The other day I had to explain the concept of "Waves and Revisions" on battle pack case assortments to a kid at TRU who may or may not have gotten it.

DarkJedi5
08-20-2009, 12:24 PM
i have to say the whole build a droid series is awesome. i think it's the best way for Hasbro to release new droids without having to charge collectors an additional 7.99 for a repainted R2 or Threepio.

i mean i really could not see Hasbro giving us carded versions of the DarkTrooper, HK-47, YVH, Phase 1 Darktrooper.

i hope Hasbro continues the trend of BAD for years to come. just puzzeled as to why they decided to give us an R2 jawa damage on a card...why not just make him a build a droid.

Pretty sure that we are getting the Phase I Darktrooper on a card, the BJ-38 (or whatever) is the BaD in the EU wave.

pbarnard
08-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't think they need to make it BAD. The popularity of droids really has never been in doubt for both collector's and kids. Hasbro came up with an insidious/genius plan that made me buy about 8 figures I had no interest in this year just for the droid parts.

DarkArtist
08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Pretty sure that we are getting the Phase I Darktrooper on a card, the BJ-38 (or whatever) is the BaD in the EU wave.

i could be wrong won't be the first time but i thought that the name card in front of the figure said it was the build a droid for the wave. oh well. still i think the concept is great. would rather build a pair of R2 units and get eight new figures in a wave rather then 6 new figures and 2 repainted R2's

vger
08-20-2009, 12:56 PM

I wonder if the rude teenage workers at Walmart are aware that they might not be employed and thus not have money for their drug habits if it weren't for collectors who purchase figures at Walmart.

DarkJedi5
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
i could be wrong won't be the first time but i thought that the name card in front of the figure said it was the build a droid for the wave. oh well. still i think the concept is great. would rather build a pair of R2 units and get eight new figures in a wave rather then 6 new figures and 2 repainted R2's

I didn't see the name card but here's the slide (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32277) from the presentation.

Obsession is Nute
08-23-2009, 10:12 PM
I am with you there, DJ5. TRU exclusives are the easiest to get, and Wal-Mart's are the hardest. I usually end up with them, but they are still a pain.

PS: The other day I had to explain the concept of "Waves and Revisions" on battle pack case assortments to a kid at TRU who may or may not have gotten it.

This problem just cost me $28.00 extra dollars and a longer wait. I called all 14 of my local Walmarts and not ONE had any idea of what I was talking about. I complained to the Walmart customer service online with UPC and one of their managers called my cell and said it wasn't in their database for my area.

I gave up an bought the set on eBay last night for $114.00. Today, I stopped by a Walmart on my way to go see District 9 and guess what was prominetly sitting on an end display??? I wanted to rip my hair out!!!

How the Hell did Walmart become the largest retailer on Earth knowing nothing about the products it sells or its distribution system?

I give people some leeway because most are there to collect a paycheck and Walmart does have a massive inventory. But seriously, I provided them with the bloody UPC number! Also, you would think that statistically, in one of those 14 stores I would have found someone who understood what was going on.

clone157
08-24-2009, 12:54 AM
I would love to get a job there and thus be the best toy department worker ever, but I can't support my family on what they pay. At least you guys have people there that speak english. It could always be worse.

pbarnard
08-24-2009, 07:09 AM
How the Hell did Walmart become the largest retailer on Earth knowing nothing about the products it sells or its distribution system?

The difference between the low wage worker at the stores and the high end sallaried people back in Bentonville.

Your frustration is not alone. The comic packs from this year were nuts. Some places they are 4-5 pegs deep, while others have never seen them.

Whatever algorhythm they use to determine which store gets what in the computers definitely is a bit wonky.

Old Fossil
08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Whatever algorhythm they use to determine which store gets what in the computers definitely is a bit wonky.

Agreed. I've wondered about that, too. There seems little logic or reason to it at all. Of the three stores local to me, the largest and busiest does not get all the exclusives, though they DID get a massive quantity of the last exclusive comic packs. They never got last year's A-Wing, while the smallest of the three did. The latter store got the current droid factory, while the other two stores didn't; but the biggest store got last year's droid factory, while the other two didn't.

Just bizarre.

Blue2th
08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
This problem just cost me $28.00 extra dollars and a longer wait. I called all 14 of my local Walmarts and not ONE had any idea of what I was talking about. I complained to the Walmart customer service online with UPC and one of their managers called my cell and said it wasn't in their database for my area.

I gave up an bought the set on eBay last night for $114.00. Today, I stopped by a Walmart on my way to go see District 9 and guess what was prominetly sitting on an end display??? I wanted to rip my hair out!!!

I give people some leeway because most are there to collect a paycheck and Walmart does have a massive inventory. But seriously, I provided them with the bloody UPC number! Also, you would think that statistically, in one of those 14 stores I would have found someone who understood what was going on.

You can't expect people to care when they're not being paid enough, or are put on a weekly shift that's just under 40 hours, so they can keep them on temp status.

The distribution of toys is partly what killed 21st Century Toys (Ultimate Soldier)
You'd go in one Walmart and they would have 10 of the same model plane or tank, then go into another and they would have none.

I heard right from the horses mouth that when Walmart dropped them they went under, because they were retail exclusives. They put all their eggs in one basket and paid the price.
Still I got a heck of a lot of cool stuff at very reasonable prices that I would have paid double online for. Just that I had to scour all the Walmarts like a bounty hunter to get it.

I would say the same about these exclusives, but they are overpriced, so Walmart seems to have caught on to the exclusives game. Not getting the good deals like before.

TheDarthVader
08-24-2009, 11:49 AM
My walmart has put these on clearance for $13.00. :D

DarkArtist
08-24-2009, 12:00 PM
i spotted 2 complete sets of the figures in the clearence section but they still rang up $17. my wife was shocked and disgusted with the price that basically for 2 repacked figures it was $17.

Ando
08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I saw 'em last week and then gone last night.

TheDarthVader
08-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I decided to go with the grievous set and whistler set. I love the general's cape. And I have a fascination with astromech droids so I had to have those two sets. At $13 a piece, I can swing it.

Ando
08-25-2009, 11:18 AM
I decided to go with the grievous set and whistler set. I love the general's cape. And I have a fascination with astromech droids so I had to have those two sets. At $13 a piece, I can swing it.

Those are the sets I wanted but couldn't. :sad:

JEDIpartner
08-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I wish I could find ANY of these!!! I'd love to get the Grievous set. :(

El Chuxter
08-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Both nearby WM's had armies of these last week. They'd been there for a few weeks already. Now, nothing. Not sure if they went on clearance and were sold very quickly, or put into storage or something. They're definitely not in the toy department anymore.

mtriv73
08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Check the clearance aisle. After searching 5 WM's last friday I fianlly saw them for the first time in the clearance section (still at full price) of a small Wal-mart in a small town. I have no idea what criteria WM used to decide where these got distributed, but the 2 WM's in my town of over 250,000 people got none.

El Chuxter
08-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I did check the clearance section, and nothing. Unless they put them somewhere totally bizarre, like lingerie (and, believe it or not, they actually had an AOTC figures display there in 2002 in one store!), they is gone.

I had finally decided to break down and get Corran. Oh well; no huge loss since he wasn't the Jedi or CorSec version.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-25-2009, 02:39 PM
I checked the spot they were at when I found them, and there was just one Darth Maul and one Anakin left.

JEDIpartner
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
I saw all of them this morning. I got the Grievous one. Sadly, the Grievous is the deluxe figure sculpt and not the really good one from last season. I'll just use the cape on the good one even if it ends up being a little short.

They had them one the side of an endcap...

El Chuxter
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I scoured the nearest WM last night. They had two massive aisles full of clearance stuff, which had been set up since I was last there. No droid factory sets there or on the many clearance endcaps. However, there was a lot of collectible stuff on clearance that makes me think they didn't get rid of a few dozen of these at once. The dozen or so comic packs were missing, too.

A couple of years ago, they never put the WM exclusive comic packs out at all until they were on clearance. I actually think this store may not want any non-clearance stuff in the clearance section.

The alternative, since I know for a fact employees pick out "hot" toys (or did as recently as a few months ago) is that they marked them to clearance prices and bought them all themselves.

djsosharp
09-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Previous generation question:
Does anyone know the cheapest way of obtaining a Luke/R2 package? I have the Luke figure but not R2 or the C-3PX part. Not even easy to find on eBay, and one site was charging $25 which is higher than it's worth to me right now.