PDA

View Full Version : Big bang theory

scruffziller
07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Holy Crap!!!! No Big Bang Theory Thread. Ive been gone all this time and noone started a thread on this!!!!:eek:

This is one of the funniest shows in the history of television.

Who can forget Sheldon freaking out that he has the DNA of Leonard Nimoy so he can grow his own.

And Walowitz making a jackass out of himself hitting on Summer Glau.

Cmon folks DISCUSS!!!!

DarkJedi5
07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Ya know. I didn't like this show too much at first. The wife loves it (she gets all the science/engineering humor) but because of their love of sci-fi pop culture it's certainly grown on me. I'm curious to see where the character development goes in season three. It's gonna get old fast if Penny and Leonard keep almost hooking up at the end of the season just to have it fall apart at the start of the next.

Rocketboy
07-27-2009, 11:29 PM
I've seen a few episodes and much like How I Met Your Mother, don't really get why its such a hit. Not really that funny. Most old style sitcoms in general are pretty terrible - I prefer the more cinematic style of Scrubs, My Name Is Earl & The Office, ect.

And all the "nerd" humor in Big Bang Theory is overly stereotyped and been done to death.

scruffziller
07-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Some of the episodes are hit and miss. But the ones that hit, hit really hard and are extremely funny. I'll watch them over and over many times.

OC47150
07-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Let's face it: this is Sheldon's show. You tune in every week to see what he has to say. It's must-see TV at our house.

Phantom-like Menace
07-29-2009, 01:53 AM
I swear I kept meaning to start a thread for this show.

First I feel it obligatory to mention that Kaley Cuoco is of acceptable visual appeal, and that I commonly use understatement as an intensifier.

This show is great, though. I wish they were more Marvel than DC, but no show is perfect. Sheldon is definitely a good part of the fun of the series, and it's especially funny since he reminds me of my best friend. I think the writers do a good job of working scientific and mathematical ideas into the jokes without losing laypeople. If I have one major complaint, the writers too often make Penny seem stupid. Penny's character is best served when she helps the guys understand how the greater world outside of their geek world works, but it seems usually she's just stuck in conversations way over her head. She's also a complete sweetheart, and I don't think they show that often enough. Anyone who could put up with Sheldon's antics, sing that damned kitty song for him and still give him a genuine smile of affection is a saint. I would have smothered him with a pillow.

I'm not a big fan of poop humor (the bean scene from Blazing Saddles notwithstanding), but the space toilet episode was hilarious. I think my favorite line was when Raj said Howard's toilet was important for two reasons: number one . . . and most importantly number two.

And yeah, the gift exchange with Leonard Nimoy's DNA was great. I loved when he mentioned that he would need an ovum and Penny tells him all he's getting is the napkin.

JetsAndHeels
07-29-2009, 12:57 PM
I love this show.

My favorite episode is the pilot.....Leonard and Sheldon go over to Penny's ex-boyfriend's apartment to try and get her tv back...of course they walk out of the building without their pants!! :)

I also like the episode when Sheldon decides to clean Penny's apartment at night while she is asleep.

Darth Metalmute
07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I love the one that was on Monday, where Koothrappali gets in People Magazine and Leonard makes Sheldon smile. I have no idea how someone can make that cartoonish face but it was great.

JediTricks
07-29-2009, 03:20 PM
I didn't get into this show in the first year, I just didn't want to watch another show regularly and the title and concept seemed a little hackneyed. But Steve was all antsy to go to the SDCC panel last year, only to discover the line far too huge to get in, so instead he spent several months bugging me to check it out. I did, it was cute, but it was my sister who got me watching it regularly. This year I went to get in the panel line 2 hours early, no dice. Friggin' Comic-Con is too full.

scruffziller
07-29-2009, 03:51 PM
One of my favorite eps is the Hofstadter Isotope. When they take Penny in to the comic book store.

Penny: "...what's a multiverse??..."

Sheldon: "get her out of here.." :D

And when Stewart gets Penny's number.

Sheldon: "So Leonard, how are you liking anything can happen Thursday." lol

Or when Stewart goes back with Penny to her apartment and he reacts to Penny inviting him in for coffee is really coffee. Then Stewart and Sheldon battle it out over the issue of whether or not Dick Grayson or Jason Todd should be the successor to the Bat-Cowl when Bruce Wayne's death proves permanent; right in Penny's apartment as she falls asleep on the couch. CLASSIC!

Friends of mine that I've shown the show, dont get Sheldon. I've compiled that he is still a child in mind and experience and almost not human as it were.:D In his mind,(as I've gathered from the show) he sees Penny like she is a female chimp. A female of a different species. He would need to find a woman like him. Which I THINK, Leslie Winkle actually has the hots for him. And him for her but he doesn't really realize it because he is still basically a kid inside.

OC47150
07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
BBT is also one of the few (maybe only) comedy to have a panel at Comic Con.

The leads were on the cover of the latest TV Guide, too, in comic book hero apparel.

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm miffed, they asked us if we wanted to interview the cast and then didn't get back to us about making it happen.

Other comedies at SDCC include Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show (suuuucked), Simpsons, Futurama, and Psych. Last year also had a panel for Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which gave away season 1 DVDs and t-shirts, both of which I got.

scruffziller
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Prob the funniest ep is The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis.

scruffziller
11-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Season 3 has been mostly a snore. Maybe they have just gotten lazy.
Its especially evident since they are recycling jokes from season 2. What I mean is they are writing "sequel jokes". Like where Penny sings soft Kitty to Sheldon when he is homesick, now they have Sheldon singing it to Penny. A couple of these types of sequel jokes are fine here and there and done in a way where you dont see them coming. But not almost every other episode.:sad:

The Adhesive Duck Deficiencey, the latest episode has been by far the funniest one of the season. There was another one that was good too but what it was about escapes me.

OC47150
11-17-2009, 08:36 PM
The last two episodes have been some of the funniest TV I'd seen in a long time.

Darth Metalmute
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Sheldons face when he said, "There there, Penny everything will be alright, Sheldon's here." Was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.

TeeEye7
03-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Sheldon in jail; Stan Lee.

One of the better episodes in quite a while! :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
03-02-2010, 05:49 AM
We've had the Bath Item ep. DVR'd for awhile...the Leonard Nimoy DNA stuff and Sheldon twitching is priceless. My son loves the one with Sheldon in the plastic ball cage assembling the molecules: "Bazinga!"

sonofsokol
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I generally don't love the Sheldon-centric episodes, but this one was pretty funny. I actually shot Coke Zero out my nose when Sheldon said that his new restaining order from Stan Lee will look great on his wall next to his Leonard Nemoy restraining order. I also enjoyed the comic book store guy's interaction with Penny and Sheldon's prepared remarks for Penny in her venacular.

JediTricks
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
It was a cute episode, but I did feel like it required a lot of leaps of logic to get Sheldon to not meet Stan Lee. I told my sister, who was watching the ep with me, that there's NO WAY that Sheldon wouldn't have already met Stan Lee since Sheldon has gone to Comic-Con so much - then proceeded to tell her about the time I was walking through a hall upstairs by room 6AB and there was Stan Lee just hanging out talking with other old-school comic writers. (My sister admonished me for not going up and saying "hi". :p) I loved that his bathrobe had a Fantastic Four logo on it.

Oh, and I was slightly geekshamed that I knew that A) other geeks had done the Batman-Stan Lee autograph thing already; and B) that Stan Lee actually wrote a reimagined version of Batman for DC.

El Chuxter
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
that Stan Lee actually wrote a reimagined version of Batman for DC.

We do not mention that. Ever.

Aside from the first few issues of Ravage 2099, his Marvel movie cameos (especially Iron Man), and his appearances in Mallrats and The Simpsons, we do not mention anything The Man has done since the early 1970s. At all. We pretend he is a recluse, so that his legacy remains untarnished.

If you co-created the X-Men, Hulk, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man, would you want your final project to be some steaming pile like Stripperella?

JediTricks
03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok, c'mon, the guy still exists, he still does stuff like Robot Chicken cameos and produces Stripperella... wait, maybe you're right.

Lord Malakite
03-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Oh, and I was slightly geekshamed that I knew that A) other geeks had done the Batman-Stan Lee autograph thing already; and B) that Stan Lee actually wrote a reimagined version of Batman for DC.
And C) Stan Lee actually had a minor hand in the creation of Power Rangers. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-02-2010, 05:37 PM
You're talking about the roundabout way that Spider-Man was re-imagined in Japan, and the spin-offs of its spin-offs eventually led to what became the Power Rangers when imported to the US? That's kinda like saying the Wright Brothers had a minor hand in the creation of the SR-71. :p

JediTricks
03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
You're talking about the roundabout way that Spider-Man was re-imagined in Japan, and the spin-offs of its spin-offs eventually led to what became the Power Rangers when imported to the US? That's kinda like saying the Wright Brothers had a minor hand in the creation of the SR-71. :p
It's much more than that: http://thegkatimes.blogspot.com/2007/11/power-rangers-could-have-been-made-by.html

Lord Malakite
03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Thats part of his involvement, but not all of it (http://thegkatimes.blogspot.com/2007/11/power-rangers-could-have-been-made-by.html). When Spider-Man was re-imagined in Japan Stan Lee also obtained the rights to Sentai in the US. His plan was to splice American footage with the Sentai footage to create an "American Sentai" (which is basically what Saban would do). He would attempt to market it to several television networks in the 80s alongside friend Margaret Loesch (of Muppet Babies creation), but they were shot down. So Stan gave up and returned the US rights of Sentai back to Toei. Fast forward several years to the early 90s. Saban had obtained the rights to Sentai and attempted to push a similar concept to Stan Lee's (what would become Power Rangers) to the various networks. Saban also met with similar failure, that is until he went to Fox (who had just recently started Fox Kids). The new president of Fox Kids and approved the idea, none other than Margaret Loesch.

El Chuxter
03-02-2010, 06:14 PM
You both frighten me.

OC47150
03-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Two words: instant classic.

Don't forget Raj's speaker shirt.

TeeEye7
03-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Don't forget Raj's speaker shirt.

I would LOVE to have a shirt like that for work! My clientele would freak! :yes:

(It's already fun being bilingual and seeing the unsuspecting reaction when the gabacho makes it known he's savvy!)

JediTricks
03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I would LOVE to have a shirt like that for work! My clientele would freak! :yes:

(It's already fun being bilingual and seeing the unsuspecting reaction when the gabacho makes it known he's savvy!)
Then buy it: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/

I felt like a nerd a little more telling my sister that shirt already existed and was made by Think Geek.

You both frighten me.
Don't blame me, it's easy enough to find on google.

TeeEye7
03-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Thanks, JT!

That shirt would also be handy for my next annual review at work! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 04:42 PM
You know it!

OC47150
03-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I watched the episode a second time with the girlfriend. It was funnier the second viewing.

TeeEye7
03-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Sheldon gets an award episode.

I can only remember one laugh...and sadly can't remember what is was about. It's really hit-or-miss with the show for me this year.

Darth Metalmute
03-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Only one laugh?

I almost blacked out from laughing from the last ten minutes.

sonofsokol
03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
After the Lord of the Rings episode, this was kind of a let down. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it... everytime I hear the theme song it makes me sad that Steven Paige left/got kicked out of the Barenaked Ladies. Since he's been out of the band, I saw them in concert just before Christmas and they were on Leno of Friday and it just ain't the same without him. They've been my favorite band since high school (mid-90s).:sad:

TeeEye7
03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
After the Lord of the Rings episode, this was kind of a let down. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it...

I think I was on this same channel....

JediTricks
03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I loved the vanity card at the end of this episode. It was a big FU to all the show's critics who claim they're not earning their laughs:
http://chucklorre.com/images/vc282big.jpg

OC47150
03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I loved the vanity card at the end of this episode. It was a big FU to all the show's critics who claim they're not earning their laughs:
http://chucklorre.com/images/vc282big.jpg

It was nice to see a pix of the live audience.

It might not have been the greatest ep but it had it's moments. The suit buying segment was hilarious. I kinda liked the green cowboy-themed suit.

sonofsokol
03-23-2010, 11:32 PM
The suit buying scene was pretty funny, reminiscent of Dumb & Dumber
I wish I could pull off the white tux look...

TeeEye7
03-24-2010, 04:58 AM
I can only remember one laugh...

Only one laugh?

Now I remember what it was: C-men. :thumbsup:

Sorry, the rest of the show was so-so........:zzz:

I agree with sonofsokol that last week's LOTR was far superior! This one was OK, even if it was very Lucy-esque. :vitameatavegamin:

OC47150
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
So, you're having trouble paying your rent.

Classic ep! It would've been funny if the final segment would've showed Raj and the doc in the sack.

TeeEye7
05-13-2010, 03:56 AM
So, you're having trouble paying your rent.

Classic ep! It would've been funny if the final segment would've showed Raj and the doc in the sack.

The writers had it together on this episode for sure! Classic indeed! :thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
05-13-2010, 05:42 AM
The writers had it together on this episode for sure! Classic indeed! :thumbsup:
Though a bit misleading on the Sheldon thing.

OC47150
05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
It's moving to Thursday night's next season!!!!!

Darth Metalmute
05-19-2010, 09:05 PM
It's moving to Thursday night's next season!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! No! No! No! No! NO!

Phantom-like Menace
06-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Well, the TiVo died back in October, but I was able recently to sit down and watch the entire season over a few days. I was fairly happy with it.

Spoilers below for the season of course . . . .

I had a hard time at first accepting Penny and Leonard together. It wasn't so much the fact that she's a hottie and he's a nerd. They just really seemed to have nothing in common. I had a little bit of trouble with the huge focus on Leonard's self-esteem issues while he assumed every episode that she was going to end the relationship. The one or two episodes they devoted parts of to Penny's feeling she wasn't smart enough for him were much more enjoyed for their infrequency and the general message that we are all a little self-conscious, even hotties. But now that I've looked back over the season, I really like them together. I can believe that they are each getting something valuable out of the relationship. More than that, I can believe that they've taken what they've gotten from each other and are now to the point where they're sharing and enjoying it. I'm sure they'll be back together fairly quickly in the beginning of the next season. I'm picturing her fairly quickly realizing that she feels it and might as well say it.

Not much really stands out in my mind for the season, but I think that was more due to the fact that I watched it all in a couple of marathon viewings and it tends to be harder for me to recall specific events when I can't stop to digest. I do remember being particularly amused during the Adhesive Duck Deficiency by the scene at the waiting room at the hospital where Sheldon was filling out the paperwork. I was happy to see Howard get hooked up with a girl who worked with him, especially the way they hit it off over their mother issues. I was more bothered that she and Howard broke up than Penny and Leonard--probably because I think they'll be back together soon enough. It would have been nice to have them break up on screen rather than have Howard just mention it.

A girl for Sheldon. I didn't see that coming. I was kind of unimpressed with Blossom's performance. I take it they largely cast her based on the fact that she is famously intelligent (I wonder if her character is a neuroscientist) and based on the fact that they referenced her in the quiz bowl episode where they suggested they get TV's Blossom for their team. I would have liked some kind of clever reference to that worked in somehow, but instead all we got was a bad Sheldon impression from her.

Darth Metalmute
06-14-2010, 09:03 AM
I didn't even realize that that was Blossom. Of course I might have if I would have watched that show.

I had a problem that Howard's break up with his girlfriend was just a throw away line instead of a subplot.

JediTricks
06-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Jim Parsons was on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Friday night, he helped read the Tweets and Emails. It was pretty funny, he's naturally a little like Sheldon while being his own man and it clashed hilariously with Craigy Ferg.

Phantom-like Menace
09-24-2010, 11:09 AM
128!:whip::laugh:

JediTricks
09-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I just watched the Wednesday night episode of Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, it was wall-to-wall Big Bang Theory and it was a very fun episode, although Kaley Cuoco couldn't make it because she broke her leg.

As for the actual episode of BBT the next day (aka yesterday), I wasn't really impressed. It was ok, but it felt surprisingly directionless, and ended without a real resolution.

And #$& My Dad Says was suuuuuch a massive disappointment, didn't even get the flavor of the Twitter posts right.

figrin bran
09-24-2010, 11:17 PM
I didn't think it was that bad (last night's episode).

It had resolution, JT, with Sheldon deciding he didn't want to have that child after all. ;)

jonthejedi
09-25-2010, 05:39 AM
My wife thought they were pushing the envelope of an 8pm timeslot with some of the humor.

JediTricks
09-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Definitely were, but apparently that means nothing to any network anymore. NBC at the same timeslot has Community and then 30 Rock which are both fairly bawdy. Monday CBS has How I Met Your Mother and then Rules of Engagement, both of which have always been bawdy as well. It's desperation as the networks see dwindling ratings and believe they need to be edgier to capture an audience. The truth is they just need to put on better shows, this year's new shows are pretty much all crap. 2 of the new sitcoms were directed by James Burrows, the master, and yet both were utterly terrible and riddled with the cheapest of sitcom cliches.

Darth Metalmute
09-27-2010, 09:14 AM
As for the actual episode of BBT the next day (aka yesterday), I wasn't really impressed. It was ok, but it felt surprisingly directionless, and ended without a real resolution.

I thought it was a decent episode, but you are right, it was klike random thoguhts.

And #$& My Dad Says was suuuuuch a massive disappointment, didn't even get the flavor of the Twitter posts right.[/QUOTE]

That was the first and only time I will watch that garbage. Shatner can't really pull off tough/hard dad. He plays smug much better. It's actually a shame, I was hoping that it would be good.

They really need to put this show back to Monday. That sound you heard at 9:30 last Monday was everyone switching over to another channel after 2.5 Men went off.

JediTricks
09-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Shatner definitely I think is doing "cute" old dad stuff too much, but the material patently fails him anyway at every turn. The real-life dad behind the twitter account is a small jewish guy, he's straight-up, no-nonsense, no pretext, so in theory Shatner could have worked - he's older, a dad, and jewish - but he's not small, and he's not usually that good at straight-up.

Mike & Molly pulled decent ratings considering it was just a bunch of fat jokes in a straight line. Billy Gardell can actually carry a sitcom though, I was impressed, I've seen him around TV for years now, his best work before this was supporting work on Lucky, but here he has the strength to carry a show I think, he has nuance and is confident in what he's doing.

Ratings-wise, Hawaii 5-0 did even better ratings, guaranteeing it at least 2 seasons (although it's an expensive show so it'll be on the bubble in season 2). I think it was mediocre and bland and reeked of Orci & Kurtzman's hacky hands.

Darth Metalmute
09-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I couldn't even bare to watch Mike and Molly. If you want me to watch a new sitcom, you have to have something funny in the previews and commercials. I watch CBS alot, and have never laughed at one of their spots. At least with the Shatner show the commercial was funny, it was a shame that was the only funny part about it.

figrin bran
09-28-2010, 12:02 PM
My wife thought they were pushing the envelope of an 8pm timeslot with some of the humor.

They probably completed filming of that episode before CBS announced the schedule change. Not that it might have made a difference.

JEDIpartner
09-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Do a search for twitpic Bill Prady. :D

I suspected that the new Shatner show would be awful. All of the industry reviews pretty much indicated it would be. Mike & Molly looked terrible from the little ad spots. CBS has largely awful and old-fashioned sitcom programming... IMHO.

OC47150
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM
The fine line that was once the Family Hour is pretty blurred now days.

Back on topic: as soon as the camera showed Howard getting the shoulder massage, I knew what the next step would be. I thought it was a pretty funny ep.

Sheldon on the date was pretty good. Does square dancing with your sister at a Hoedown for Jesus event count? Great line.

Now Shat's show wasn't the best but not the worst. (I've seen a lot worst). The humor was a little forced, and some of the best clips were in the previews.

Phantom-like Menace
09-29-2010, 09:29 AM
According to an article this morning in USA Today, Kaley Cuoco says she and Johnny Galecki were secretly in a relationship for two years before they broke it off just before the holidays. Lucky guy. I wonder how much that chemistry added to their on screen relationship.

InsaneJediGirl
10-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Jim Parsons was on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Friday night, he helped read the Tweets and Emails. It was pretty funny, he's naturally a little like Sheldon while being his own man and it clashed hilariously with Craigy Ferg.

I couldn't stand Craig Fergson so I had to flip that off even though Jim was doing a great and funny job:thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I couldn't stand Craig Fergson so I had to flip that off even though Jim was doing a great and funny job:thumbsup:
Aww, I think Craig Ferguson is my favorite late night tv host of all time, or at least in the top 3.

Phantom-like Menace
10-05-2010, 12:34 AM
I really figured Sheldonbot would be good for more laughs. I got a laugh out of Sheldon's ironclad roommate agreement stipulating Leonard's duties in the event Sheldon ever becomes a robot, but I suspect I'll at least snicker every time Sheldon's farsighted agreement comes up.

InsaneJediGirl
10-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Aww, I think Craig Ferguson is my favorite late night tv host of all time, or at least in the top 3.

Really? Hmm...My apologies if you were offended :)

Sheldon bot was fairly interesting, especially when he kept trying to convince Leonard that he wasn't in the bedroom. Like the art on the wall didn't give that away.

So where's Amy Farrah Fowler? Not that I was terrible interested in her, I just wonder if she will be written off the same way as Bernadette in some lame fashion.

Darth Metalmute
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Thankfully I have a DVR unit because this weeks episode is on at 1:30 A.M. thanks to the Ohio Governors debate. I swear a marsupial runs the CBS station in Toledo. Whenever there is a re-run episode of HIMYM, they move it to 1:30 to play an infomercial. There is still one episode I have never seen of HIMYM because the "Storm of the Century" was going on for its initial showing, the second showing there was an arson investigation and "CBS was first to report", and every other time it's been on it was moved to 1:30 for an infomercial. I would set up my DVR to tape it at 1:30 and low an behold, another infomercial would tape. The worst part about playing it at 1:30 is that you really don't know when it will start. The late shows go late all the time and screws up my DVR.

Phantom-like Menace
10-06-2010, 12:28 AM
So where's Amy Farrah Fowler? Not that I was terrible interested in her, I just wonder if she will be written off the same way as Bernadette in some lame fashion.

I figure we won't even get that much. We didn't get much resolution with the doctor Leonard was dating (can't remember her name), nor Bernadette.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't gotten any new developments with Penny and Leonard. The finale from last season still had them trying to decide what they wanted. Should we just take for granted that in the four months between the finale and the premiere they worked everything out?

JediTricks
10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Well, the ads have Amy and Sheldon "breaking up" this week. My sister was really fixated on that relationship getting played out on the show one way or the other rather than the way they just kinda drifted it last week.

As for Leonard and Penny, my guess is they're permanently broken up since the actors also have broken up as a couple.

InsaneJediGirl
10-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Apparently this isn't the last of "Shamy" so kind of interesting....Hopefully it won't get too annoying. Not sure if I could take a steady dose of the character.

What was up with the Flip and Fold product insert? They must be tired of selling to retail stores.

JediTricks
10-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah, they reversed course on the Shamy situation. They need to either take that somewhere in the course of a storyline, or go away because it's SUPER annoying.

The flip-n-fold felt like something Sheldon would use, very specific, very technical. It looked like he folded it up wrong though when storing it, but as I've never used one I could be wrong.

InsaneJediGirl
10-09-2010, 12:52 AM
The flip-n-fold felt like something Sheldon would use, very specific, very technical. It looked like he folded it up wrong though when storing it, but as I've never used one I could be wrong.

We have them at work and when you store them like that it puts pressure on that small flap and causes it to break prematurely. Then you have to scout and tape it up and pray it sorta works.

I vote for going away on Shamy. I thought Amy Farrah Fowler was going to be interesting on at least the level of bringing in a female geek but that is far from the case. Ugh.

JediTricks
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Haw! I'm such a nerd that it's exactly what I thought would be the case if folded that way. Yay?

InsaneJediGirl
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Haw! I'm such a nerd that it's exactly what I thought would be the case if folded that way. Yay?

Yay:thumbsup:

I picked up Season 2 at Target today for $16.99. I don't have any of the seasons, so not a bad price. I'm hoping to pick up more as the holidays come and stores lower the prices.

Darth Metalmute
10-16-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm glad we finally caught up with why Bernadette broke up with Howard.

Phantom-like Menace
10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Very funny episode, quite enjoyable.

I'm glad we got more with Bernadette, and I'm glad she and Howard are back together. They're way funnier together than Shamy. I also greatly enjoyed Sheldon and Raj going back and forth. Raj's desk was hilarious, and I love when he straight up said its purpose was just to **** Sheldon off.

I'm usually not a fan of George Takei is gay jokes (I wouldn't have thought there were any left to be made after the Comedy Central roast of William Shatner was essentially on big string of gay Takei jokes.), but when he showed up in Howard's fantasy and asked him about latent homosexual tendencies, I had to laugh. And similarly, I've never been a fan of the Katie Sackhoff fantasy, but I had to laugh when she was insulted Howard's sexual proficiency. It's bad when your fantasies aren't impressed.

TeeEye7
10-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Shamy cybersex???!!! :eek:

JediTricks
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I found that episode disappointing, although it had a few moments. Shamy once again didn't deliver on the promise of the premise. Leonard's date was... a bit over the top.

Phantom-like Menace
10-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Not a bad episodes this time. I think my favorite part was the voicemail message of the bartender.

JEDIpartner
11-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh, Amy... how your social ignorance made the slumber party scene even funnier than it might've been without you!!! :D

Loved the "walking double" they used for Penny since the actress cannot walk at this time. LOL

JediTricks
11-12-2010, 05:02 PM
NOTHING for Wil Wheaton's awful Jar Jar Binks bit?

Phantom-like Menace
11-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I thought this episode was pretty great. And who made it so? Amy. Go figure. There were a couple of times I really laughed in this one, but I forgot what else I laughed at when Amy went for the innocent lesbian encounter, and Bernadette's reaction to it was funny too.

I'll have to watch for the Penny doppelganger if I watch it with everyone tonight. It was nice to have her back after her absence and reduced presence.

OC47150
11-12-2010, 09:47 PM
NOTHING for Wil Wheaton's awful Jar Jar Binks bit?

It was a pretty bad imitation.

Great ep all the way around. The slumber party segments were hilarious. But I wanted to see if Sheldon got away with the film!

I noticed in the last two eps that Penny's been promoted to bartender.

jonthejedi
11-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Great seeing "evil" Wil Wheaton back vs. Sheldon. Speilberg musta luved that ep.

Phantom-like Menace
12-22-2010, 02:05 AM
The latest episodes may be my favorite episode of the series, certainly my favorite of the season.

Almost everything that came out of Zach's mouth was comic gold, and the actor really showed some good comedic timing. His offering Penny Milk Duds in apology was great, but when Howard said Super Man isn't getting any I had to pause until I stopped laughing when he looked around with that goofy smile on his face only to quickly say "Oh man!" after looking down and realizing he was wearing the Super Man costume. I really didn't like him in his first appearance, and he didn't do much in the previous appearance, but he made this episode for me.

Raj's suggestions that he wear the Wonder Woman costume were disturbing, but that Aquaman costume was hilariously terrible. I can just picture them putting it together over several iterations only to send the costume people back to work with, "Can you make it look even stupider?" Penny in the Wonder Woman costume: different story. As Howard said, I wasn't looking at her hair.

I'm really liking these throw away references to Bernadette's lab situation. My favorite is that she can't watch Raiders of the Lost Ark because the face melting reminds her of a lab accident (I'm being vague here because I can't remember the exact situation--flesh eating bacteria and lab monkeys?), but quarrantined because they were doing Jello shooters out of petri dishes possibly contaminated with yellow fever is pretty good too.

I'm glad Penny took the guys down a notch for making fun of Zach. I was pretty disappointed to see them so obviously being snide. If it had just been Sheldon or even brief asides from Howard it would have been fine. Being so aggressive and obvious about it just doesn't match their characters.

OC47150
02-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm fighting a nasty cold, so I called my girlfriend this morning and asked her to sign Soft Kitty for me. She did!

JimJamBonds
12-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I finally watched a few episodes of TBBT, its ok. That Sheldon can be funny but there can also be too much Sheldon at times (yes I realize the show revolves around him). I guess I'll continue to give it a whirl (for now).

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2011, 11:10 AM
It's been on various cable and syndication stations recently, so it's impossible to miss on TV. Some have said I resemble Sheldon; I'm discovering that isn't necessarily a compliment.

JimJamBonds
12-17-2011, 01:04 PM
It's been on various cable and syndication stations recently, so it's impossible to miss on TV. Yup, syndication for this guy, although I did see the rerun on Thursday on the mother channel.

Some have said I resemble Sheldon; I'm discovering that isn't necessarily a compliment.I see some of Sheldon in me...I'm also unsure if that is good or bad.

OC47150
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
The last couple of eps I've been thinking about the fake trailer at the end of Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part 1: Jews in Space!!!

I hope we get to see a couple of eps with Howard in space next season.

JimJamBonds
05-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Pretty good season ender last night imho. The Sheldon/Amy thing could be interesting.