PDA

View Full Version : TLC Wave 8 Return of the Jedi

DarkJedi5
07-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Main page (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2291)has hi-res pics for the wave. Luke in particular looks better than he did at Comic Con (still has broad shoulders but they don't look as bad. Also, the black square seems to be a clip on piece so that you can have "closed tunic" Luke if you prefer...? But what's up with his hands? His left hand is sculpted like some sort of claw-hand or as if he's getting ready to throw a two-seam fastball. Really weird.

bigbarada
07-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Nice, although the links don't seem to be working for Major Panno, Giran, Malikili and the Nikto Gunner.

Anyways, this is looking to be the best wave of the year! :thumbsup: I'm actually glad that the Ep2 wave is going to ship in smaller numbers so they won't be clogging the shelves when it's time to put up these figures.

It's kind of funny that they actually used a photo of Romba to represent Paploo on the card art. Just like the vintage Paploo figure. :)

Old Fossil
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
These all look suh-weet!!! I really like Nien Nunb in his snazzy red pilot uniform. The rest all look great, too. I think I'll even pick up some more Biker Scouts!

Ji'dai
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Sweet. I'll be getting all of the ROTJ figures except for Luke, which I need to see in person first. But I doubt I'll get him.

I'll need several Leias for uh... different dioramas and stuff. Yeah.

Blue2th
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Leia looks kind of wonky, but I suppose you have to get that with all the extra articulation.

There's something to be said about the older version having a more pleasing aesthetic.

Jabbapalacespy
07-29-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm very pleased with this wave. I wasn't sure I would be until I saw the pics from last week. I think they did a pretty good ratio of remakes verses new additions. I've been wanting a new slave Leia that could recline for a long time but I wasn't too thrilled about getting a new Malakili until I saw the figure. I love the BADs too. I'm glad to see the R3's have clear domes and it looks like the neck sockets on their torsos is detailed differently than the other astromech BADs.

Glad to see Hasbro is still putting out a few obscure, collector targeted figures and that gives me hope that some of my final favorites will be made or remade someday. Pumped to get BG-J38 as a BAD next year. :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Good wave, but the Luke fig is a bit of a let down.

Devo
07-29-2009, 10:21 PM
They're calling the Ewoks...Ewoks on the front of the box. Ok....

I'll take all except DSII Luke and the reissued AOTC figures. A shame that, in DSII Luke, its gone from guaranteed multiple purchase if they make it right to guaranteed pass.

Qui-Long Gone
07-31-2009, 01:23 PM
I'll take all except DSII Luke and the reissued AOTC figures. A shame that, in DSII Luke, its gone from guaranteed multiple purchase if they make it right to guaranteed pass.

Who keeps falling asleep in the design studio on this figure? :rolleyes: