PDA

View Full Version : New Titanium Waves Listed At EE

Darth Duranium
07-30-2009, 12:07 AM
New Titanium Waves Listed At EE... no pics yet.

Wave 9 Rev 1 September

1x Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring (repack)
1x Z-95 Headhunter (repack?)
1x V-19 Torrent Starfighter (maybe the clear canopied version)
1x Republic V-Wing (repack?)
1x Prince Xizor's Virago (repack)
1x Baron Fel's Imperial TIE Interceptor (repack)
1x Red 4 X-wing Fighter (repack)
1x Hound's Tooth (Bossk's ship) (repack)
1x Xanadu Blood (repack)
1x Gold Squadron Gold V Y-Wing Bomber (repack)
1x Hyena Bomber Vulture Droid (repack)
1x Anakin's Pod Racer (repack)

Wave 10 October

1x Rebel Transport (repack)
1x Lambda Class Shuttle (Emperor's Hand) (repack)
1x Republic V-Wing (repack?)
1x IG 2000 (repack)
1x Baron Fel's Imperial TIE Interceptor (repack)
1x Red 4 X-wing Fighter (repack)
1x Gold Squadron Gold V Y-Wing Bomber (repack)
1x Hyena Bomber Vulture Droid (repack)
1x Anakin's Pod Racer (repack)
1x Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter with Ring (repaint)
1x Gold Squadron III Y-Wing Fighter (repaint)
1x Mist Hunter

It's possible that there'll be a few more repaints in there... the stuff in brackets is mine... but I doubt there'll be many. Repack City... just terrible.

Darth Windu
07-30-2009, 09:47 AM
I believe this can be summed-up in onw word - 'meh'.

I really do wonder if Hasbro has a policy of banning people from working there if they have anything over a primary school education though...

Darth Duranium
07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Studio pics of the new ships from JediInsider:

http://www.jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=12054

I'm liking the Outrider more (even though they screwed up the position of the ship on the stand once again) in this pic, but the Gunship looks worse, IMO. Mace's JSF looks purdy good, too.

I'm wondering if the Malevolence wave ("In Stores Now") is gonna go the way of the Basestar wave.... none have been sighted on eBay from HK.

Nightside
07-30-2009, 03:21 PM
My god, I can handle repaints and repacks but why couldn't they have reached back a bit and come out with some pieces that haven't been in the stores for a while? I'm soooo sick of seeing the Virago and the IG-2000 and there's still more coming. And more Baron Fel? Good grief!

JediTricks
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
The Outrider, Mist Hunter, and Nebulon-B Freighter are HUGE in person, I saw the prototypes at SDCC, they looked great, way better than I expected.

Those waves are pretty snorey, but whatever it takes to get to the Outrider.

Darth Windu
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow, the Neb-B is looking better and better!

Malevolence seems to be a bit basic in terms of detail and paint but that's alright I suppose, and quite a few of the newies do appear quite substancial which is nice.

I'll agree with DT about the Gunship though - anyone else thinks it looks squished in the middle?

Darth Duranium
07-30-2009, 10:13 PM
The Outrider, Mist Hunter, and Nebulon-B Freighter are HUGE in person, I saw the prototypes at SDCC, they looked great, way better than I expected.

Thanks for the head's up... at least they're giving us a few beauties before the end, amongst the regurgitated many.

It's been a great run, IMO... 85 unique tools in 5 years... really can't complain.

I was thinking of putting a "thanks from the fans" into the Hasbro Q&A's, if folks would vote for it. Maybe it might shorten the hiatus if we buttered 'em up a bit... what do youzes think?

Blue2th
07-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Well, I have mixed feelings about giving them thanks right away. Especially with these stupid re-pack assortments. Most are pegwarmers, yet they seem to want to overflow the pegs and make the point to everyone they aren't selling. Why else such lame assortments?

I'll thank them when I actually have the Malevolence, Outrider, Nebulon -B, and the other new toolings in my hands.

It's a rotten shame someone with some foresight didn't get to pick the re-packs, then some of the HTF ones might have gotten a second chance to actually get to the fans. Instead we get these ones. Some of which are still warming the pegs as I write this.

JediTricks
07-31-2009, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the head's up... at least they're giving us a few beauties before the end, amongst the regurgitated many.

It's been a great run, IMO... 85 unique tools in 5 years... really can't complain.

I was thinking of putting a "thanks from the fans" into the Hasbro Q&A's, if folks would vote for it. Maybe it might shorten the hiatus if we buttered 'em up a bit... what do youzes think?I delivered the message of thanks from our readers in person to Hasbro last Wednesday at Comic-Con. Also mentioned the 5 years and 80+ tools, thanks to you guys I was able to know how many tools there was. Derryl thought there were more. :D

Darth Duranium
07-31-2009, 01:50 PM
I delivered the message of thanks from our readers in person to Hasbro last Wednesday at Comic-Con. Also mentioned the 5 years and 80+ tools, thanks to you guys I was able to know how many tools there were. Derryl thought there were more. :D

Nice one! Won't bother with the Q&A then.

Blue, you're right... they've really phoned it in this year.

JT, Derryl is wrong! :D Glad you sorted him out. If you consider that 20+ Titanium tools were re-released Galoob tools, they only did about 65... an average of about 11 new tools per year.

How many new 3-3/4" figs are released each year? Bet it's more than 11....

JediTricks
07-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, but 3.75" figures sell like hotcakes, and Hasbro never had traction with this line after its first waves.

Darth Duranium
07-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, but 3.75" figures sell like hotcakes, and Hasbro never had traction with this line after its first waves.

So they say... no accounting for the tastes of the masses.:D

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 01:44 PM
So they say... no accounting for the tastes of the masses.:D
In business, that's the main thing to account for. :p

Darth Duranium
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I ain't got nothin' against them figs.... many are quite cool.... I'm just grumpy that the Titanium line's toast. :D

BTW, thanks for asking Hasbro the Titanium question... but I gotta say that the rewrite makes it even more obtuse.:thumbsup: But no worries... it'll get 'er done.

I read your post saying that Hasbro finds SSG questions challenging... I agree, the questions are usually hard for them to wriggle out of. We load 'em up good.

My unspecific HK reference refers to the Mist Hunter and "new" Y-Wing, which is showing up on eBay from the factory reject guy from Hong Kong... they've never had any of the Malevolence wave up for sale.

The wave numbers have indeed gotten confused this year... different online retailers and Hasbro seemingly have their own numbering schemes.

Darth Duranium
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Wave 11 listed at EE... expected in November.

1x Rebel Transport
1x Hailfire Droid
1x Droid Gunship
1x Lambda Class Shuttle (Emperor's Hand)
1x Republic Interceptor Tank
1x Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter with Ring
1x Gold Squadron III Y-Wing Fighter
1x Mist Hunter
1x Nebulon B Frigate
1x X Wing Red V
1x Malevolence
1x Outrider

The Punishing One and new Republic Gunship haven't turned up yet... looks like the last Q&A answer they gave us was bogus (again). I wonder if there'll be another wave or wave revision... I wouldn't mind those 2. Think there will be a December wave?

Well, if they do end up being axed, I'm kinda glad it's those 2 instead of the Nebby, Outrider, or Malevolence.

mtriv73
08-26-2009, 08:50 AM
BBTS has them up for pre-order as well. Since this is the final wave and may be hard to get I went ahead and pre-ordered it.

Blue2th
08-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Is anybody offering them in singular form yet?
Don't want a bunch of Titaniums I already have just to get one or two I don't.

mtriv73
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Is anybody offering them in singular form yet?
Don't want a bunch of Titaniums I already have just to get one or two I don't.

BBTS has them single for $10 ish each. Or at keast they did this morning. Their singles pre-sell out very fast. Since I wouldn't mind having doubles of most of the wave I bit the bullet and ordered it.

Blue2th
08-26-2009, 06:31 PM
BBTS has them single for $10 ish each. Or at keast they did this morning. Their singles pre-sell out very fast. Since I wouldn't mind having doubles of most of the wave I bit the bullet and ordered it.
Is BBTS Big Bad Toy Store? I checked there..nothing.

Darth Duranium
08-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Woo-hoo! :thumbsup: The Punishing One and Gunship are turning up in HK... so that means there's at least one (unannounced) wave and/or wave revision coming up. WTF's up with the waves this year?

Still, most impressive!

Blue2th
08-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Yikes! So...that's the improved Gunship? :neutral:

Darth Duranium
08-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Sorry... should have stipulated the Most Impressive was for Hasbro actually coming through with the new tools. I thought that they was kaput.

Agreed, the Gunship's kinda boxy and bendy... but this is the HK rejects guy so maybe the non-rejected ones will look a little sharper. At least it's different than the other 7 or so...:D

Darth Windu
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
hahahahahahahaha that Gunship looks shocking! Kinda like a miniature 'Galactic Heroes' ship. Ah hopefully the production models will look better.

mtriv73
08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Is BBTS Big Bad Toy Store? I checked there..nothing.

Yes here (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS17822&mode=retail) was the frigate. Unfortunately sold out now as is Malevolence. The rest are there. They're just hidden under the clone wars 2008 sub-heading.

Blue2th
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Aaarg! no wonder. Oh well thanks anyways.

Looks like they're gonna hit in October. There's a few other good ones in that assortment like the Droid Gunship that were hard to get, but I already have them.

Darth Duranium
08-28-2009, 05:54 AM
Yeah, I just need the new ones, too. Hope there's a few more repaints coming up instead of all of those straight regurges.

Wondering if we'll get Obi-Wan's CW JSF with H-ring? We did get a pic of it.

I thought that the new Gunship looks a bit like those cardboard cut-out ships that they're flogging right now... not so appealing, like the Galactic Heroes ones.

Blue2th
09-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Found the Titanium Mist Hunter today at Walmart, passed on the repaints, so they're hitting the stores now. :thumbsup:

Darth Windu
09-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Wondering if we'll get Obi-Wan's CW JSF with H-ring? We did get a pic of it.
You mean RotS, not CW, and I'd doubt it. Afterall we're down to the last waves, though I must say I'm baffled that they're going with Mace Windu's fighter as opposed to Obi's red one (to go with Anakins yellow) or Obi's blue one (movie).

Darth Duranium
09-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Nice get, Blue. Jealous here....

You mean RotS, not CW, and I'd doubt it. Afterall we're down to the last waves, though I must say I'm baffled that they're going with Mace Windu's fighter as opposed to Obi's red one (to go with Anakins yellow) or Obi's blue one (movie).

Oh yeah of course, you're right, it's ROTS... brain fart. It baffles me why they went with the Mace colours, too...

Well, at least it's not another repack and it is a truly excellent tool.:D

Here's a question for everybody:

Do the CW Y-Wings have markings on them to indicate which squadron number they are, like an X-Wing's stripes? The newest one's called Anakin's / Gold Squadron III and has different paint than the first one, obviously.

Blue2th
09-02-2009, 06:50 AM
I hadn't realized the CW Y-Wing in this wave was slightly different till you mentioned it DT.
Looking at the pics on EE though I could see that.
I like the tooling anyways so I might have to get that one.
I also hadn't realized that Mace's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace ring hasn't been released before. Might have to get that one as well.

There is a difference in re-paint and just re-hash, so I'm wondering which other variations there are?

I know the Imperial Shuttle is different also, but is the Rebel Transport and some of the others as well?

Darth Windu
09-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I believe the only paint schemes for the Y-wings are general (already released), and Anakin's Y-wing (coming soon).

Blue2th
09-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I went back to Walmart and got the Anakin's Y-Wing.

Darth Duranium
09-02-2009, 03:17 PM
DW, Yep, I know... there's the original and the repaint... but is there a particular marking that shows the squadron or wing number? I guess I'll have to wait and see, unless Blue can tell us.:)

Blue, the Rebel Transport has battle damage this time around, too. Don't know if there are any other changes to the repaints/repacks...

How is the Imperial Shuttle different than the other Hand one? This is news to me...

No sign of them on eBay yet...:upset:

Blue2th
09-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure about the Shuttle. It just looked different with more of a weathered wash to it, has a clear canopy. Maybe it's because I skipped over it last time.

Anakin's Y-wing is white with no wash or weathering to it. Compared next to the other one it's very white and clean, the original one looks grey. The yellow stripes on top and all over it are a different pattern too (this can kinda be seen at EE) Other than the red imperial logo on the engine like the other one there's no markings.

I like the original one better, because the wash over it sets off the detail and panel lines, but this is probably the only variation we're gonna get so I snagged it.

darth_morpheus
09-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi! I'm a long time reader here but a first time poster. I was lucky and found this wave last weekend except for the Imperial Shuttle so I'm not sure if there is a difference from the first release earlier this year. Here are a few photos of the ones I found:

I have to say the Mace Windu ship is worth the price! One nice ship. actually my favorite Titanium mold! Anakin's is a nice one also. The Rebel Transport is only slightly different but may be worth it for the completist if you like any variation at all. I also found the Mist Hunter which is a nice addition to the collection.

Blue2th
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome Darth Morpheus!
That's what we needed, comparison pics.
I wasn't quite ready to open mine just yet, so thanks! :thumbsup:

Looks like that Rebel Transport is slightly different. Not by much but still it is. Odd but I'm seeing a little more pink accents on it as well as battle damage. I'll probably end up picking that up as well.

Nice pics BTW.

Darth Duranium
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome and thanks for the pics, DM... good stuff.

I'll definitely be gettin' those 3 and Ole Misty whenever I can get my hooks into 'em. I've always liked the Rebel Transport so that repaint's just fine by me. I was mightily impressed that the JSF tool has so much metal in the H-ring... shame we got gypped on Obi-Wan's.

BTW, what did you guys think of the Mist Hunter? Looks a nice size... any metal on it? What's the whoosh factor?:D

Darth Windu
09-03-2009, 12:57 AM
DT, I meant that in the show, as far as I could tell, the only distinctive ship was Anakin's :P

RJarvis
09-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Welcome and thanks for the pics, DM... good stuff.

I second that sentiment heartily...

BTW, what did you guys think of the Mist Hunter? Looks a nice size... any metal on it? What's the whoosh factor?:D

IMHO, the Mist Hunter rocks! definitely high on the "whoosh" scale...and it's HUGE...scale-wise, the thrusters are roughly the size of the BSG Raptor and the "solar panels" are massive...especially when compared to, for instance, Windu's JSF...beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beholder and opinions are like "human exhaust ports", everybody's got one, but i'm most pleased with the Hunter and can't wait for more of the new tools as they come out if this is any indication of what they may be like...

the only "flaw" i can find with the Hunter is the almost absolute lack of metal...thus far (and i have not disassembled it yet, but will soon) the only metal i can find is in the screws themselves...

hope this helps shed light... :thumbsup:

Ross

Blue2th
09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I went back to Walmart and got Mace's JSF, and the Rebel Transport (thanks to DM's pic) Those pink spots I mentioned earlier are more pink, and there's more of them. :silly:

I'm surprised everything was still there. Guess I'm the only one in the neighborhood still buying Titaniums. :ermm:
That could be a good thing when the Nebulon B, Outrider and Malevolence roll around. :yes: I don't want any problems finding them.

So, I was looking closely at the Hyena Bomber and it looks a little less glossy paint this time. I could be wrong though. I might buy another one of those, but not right now. Same with the Imperial Shuttle since I missed the second repaint.

Darth Duranium
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Has the Nebulon or Outrider been seen on eBay from HK yet? Don't think so but I'm pretty sure we’ve seen the rest of the new tools… though I’ve only seen a couple Punishing Ones.

DT, I meant that in the show, as far as I could tell, the only distinctive ship was Anakin's :P

OK, gotcha. Whew! Cheers.:D

the only metal I can find is in the screws themselves...

hope this helps shed light... :thumbsup:

A most illuminating review… hilarious screws comment/statement.

Agreed, a few of these new tools are among their best, IMO.

No shortage of human exhaust ports out there, huh? :D

I'm surprised everything was still there. Guess I'm the only one in the neighborhood still buying Titaniums. :ermm:

Wish I was in your 'hood, Blue. I just checked my local WM… all they’ve (still) got are 3 Dagger Squadron B-Wings.:thumbsup: Not that I expected to see any new ones there but hope springs eternal. As does poop.

Nack puhhh.:upset:

mtriv73
09-04-2009, 03:14 PM
So DT, are you going to ask sir steve for a name change when the titanium line goes on hiatus?

Darth Duranium
09-05-2009, 06:09 AM
So DT, are you going to ask sir steve for a name change when the titanium line goes on hiatus?

Didn't know that was possible... Darth Hiatus would seem to be most appropriate :) Darth Rambling? Darth Verbose? Darth Tedious? Actually, a new name might be fun. :thumbsup: Probably will go with something less harsh than those. :)

To be honest, I really didn't much thought into DT when I picked it...:cross-eye

So you just send Steve an IM and voilą? Has anyone here renamed themselves?

darth_morpheus
09-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I got my hands on the Emperor's Hand Imperial Shuttle and after comparing it to the first release of this version at the first of this year it appears to me there really is no difference. There are only very slight differences in the weathering but those are not very noticeable.

Regarding the Mist Hunter having any metal, I examined mine and it looks there is a middle section of the ship that may be metal (?). It is the piece just below the two guns that runs the length of the ship and is the top half of the engines. It is strange because that area is different but very much like the plastic on the rest of the ship. Also, the ship is very light for its size but heavy enough that it feels like its not all plastic. So I think there is some but I could be wrong.

I think they must have used the metal slated for the Mist Hunter in the Mace Windu's Starfighter with the Hyper Ring :D

Darth Duranium
09-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I got my hands on the Emperor's Hand Imperial Shuttle and after comparing it to the first release of this version at the first of this year it appears to me there really is no difference. There are only very slight differences in the weathering but those are not very noticeable.

I think they must have used the metal slated for the Mist Hunter in the Mace Windu's Starfighter with the Hyper Ring :D

Thanks for the info about the Hand, DM... good to know.

I think there's quite a bit of variation on the tint of the Lambda's canopy (my WM 5-pack one's canopy is the same as the regular one but I've seen darker) and the level of dirty wash varies a lot on the Hand version.
I wish they'd done a black Lambda with big white Imp logos.

mtriv73
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Didn't know that was possible... Darth Hiatus would seem to be most appropriate :) Darth Rambling? Darth Verbose? Darth Tedious? Actually, a new name might be fun. :thumbsup: Probably will go with something less harsh than those. :)

To be honest, I really didn't much thought into DT when I picked it...:cross-eye

So you just send Steve an IM and voilą? Has anyone here renamed themselves?

There was an amnesty period a couple years ago to change names (I should have taken advantage of it rather than keeping the prefix to an old e-mail account as my screen name.) I'm not sure if he'd still do it now, but I think Darth Hiatus would be a fantastic name.

Darth Windu
09-09-2009, 09:23 PM
but I think Darth Hiatus would be a fantastic name.
I second this motion :-D

Darth Duranium
09-11-2009, 02:44 PM
The motion is passed... thanks to Steve!

Hiatuses are a terrifying prospect!

BTW Mtriv, Steve told me that you can change your name once... that's the policy, apparently. Drop him a note if you wanna make a switch.

Cheers for the support!

Now I gotta get used to DH...

LTBasker
09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
BTW Mtriv, Steve told me that you can change your name once... that's the policy, apparently.

So, everybody gets one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fXZqsiBosg)?

Nice change, btw. :D

mtriv73
09-13-2009, 09:43 AM
The motion is passed... thanks to Steve!

Hiatuses are a terrifying prospect!

BTW Mtriv, Steve told me that you can change your name once... that's the policy, apparently. Drop him a note if you wanna make a switch.

Cheers for the support!

Now I gotta get used to DH...

Congrats on the name change! I may see if I can change mine to Jeditrucks or Sir Steven just to see if I can confuse people.

Darth Duranium
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Congrats on the name change! I may see if I can change mine to Jeditrucks or Sir Steven just to see if I can confuse people.

That'll go over like a lead balloon, methinks.
Hell, I'm confused already...:D

cloneemperor
09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
That'll go over like a lead balloon, methinks.

Mythbusters! (http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2008/01/episode_96_lead_balloon_surfin.html)

Darth Duranium
09-14-2009, 05:45 PM
That was cool episode!

I should have stipulated a lead baloon that can fly outdoors.:D

BTW, I have a crush on Kari.

cloneemperor
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
That is perfectly understandable.

Darth Duranium
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
She's my kind of science geek.

Nummy nums.

Darth Duranium
09-18-2009, 03:45 PM
The Outrider and Nebulon B have both turned up on eBay from the HK guys (thanks DM) so it looks like Hasbro came through with all the tools they promised.:thumbsup: Who'da thunk?

The only thing they haven't done is announce the details or release date of the wave, but it looks like the TIE Defender is being repacked in it.

JediTricks
09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Kari Byron was pregnant on last season's Mythbusters. I know, left-field.

Nice to see photos of some new stuff, it's surprising to see how little metal is in that Mist Hunter, even for this line.

Darth Duranium
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Kari Byron was pregnant on last season's Mythbusters. I know, left-field.

Nice to see photos of some new stuff, it's surprising to see how little metal is in that Mist Hunter, even for this line.

Metal screws only or not, I'll be sad to see the line end. I think they might have squeezed another year out of it.

Kari and I are going to appear on the Maury Povich show... she's convinced I'm the Baby-daddy but I keep denying it.:D Kari-Jean, is not my lover...