PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars figures for the Fans Choice poll?

JediTricks
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Taking all suggestions for The Clone Wars characters you want to see turned into figures for the upcoming Fans Choice poll next week. I'm not going to bother ranking them yet, I just want to see what you guys come up with because it feels like they've done a LOT of these already and I'm not sure there's going to be a huge need for this.

Keep in mind, all figures would be done in animated style.

EDIT: The first round of our Fans Choice poll (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40913) is underway, go vote.

JediTricks
07-30-2009, 01:03 PM
By the way, we've started a Top 30 List poll, just post your top 30 Fans Choice figures in the order you want them in that thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40891

palps45895
07-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Nelvaan Warrior - if possible...

Animated Chancellor Palpatine

JediTricks
07-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Nelvaan Warrior would be from the original Clone Wars micro-series, not "The Clone Wars" CGI series, so it was covered in our last EU poll, but I'll take it under advisement.

As for Palps, that I will include. Thanks!

Mvader91
07-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Palps and the monster in greivous' lair? Greivuos' medical droid

JediTricks
07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Gor is 3 meters tall, seems a bit much for a figure, but I'll take it under consideration. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gor

EV-A4-D, nice choice! Too bad he won't have a voice chip.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EV-A4-D

Obsession is Nute
07-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Ideally, none. If this is a democratic vote, mine goes for 100% realistic, Legacy style figures. CW gets enough love IMO.

bigbarada
07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
I know they are releasing a clean white version of those Scout Trooper Clones, but I would like to see the camouflaged versions from the pilot episode.

Also, a generic Weequayan Pirate and Jabba's Nikto Guard. I heard that he was originally planned for the Jabba BP, but scrapped due to cost. Is there any truth to that?

sonofsokol
07-30-2009, 11:08 PM
I may post a more later, but the one that comes to mind first would be a re-release of the Target Exclusive Commander Fox (http://www.rebelscum.com/TCWexFox.asp). I never saw this one at my Target stores and now it is only available second-hand for 5 to 6 times the retail price if not more. I'm sure lots of people missed the chance to buy this before they even really realized what it was they were missing.

ElMaximo
07-30-2009, 11:44 PM
My top picks would be:
1. Aayla Secura
2. R4-P17
3. Chancellor Palpatine
4. General Greivious with enhanced articulation and more solid construction
5. Nahdar Vebb

Also, even though it's not a figure, I'd like to see some Clone Wars-specific display stands. Figures like Ahsoka and Padme have a hard time standing on skinny legs and tiny feet.

jedichicken
07-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Here's a list of characters with speaking parts that have not been made and what episode they were in. I didn't list every clone trooper or recuring characters like Palpatine, Nute Gunray, Wat Tambor etc. that will probably be made anyway. Hopefully it will help for a start and others can add anything I might have missed.

King Katuunka -Ambush
TB-2 medical droid -Rising Malevolence
Onoconda Farr -Bombad Jedi
EV-A4-D -Lair of Grievous
Turk Falso Weequay pirate -Dooku Captured
Senator Kharrus (Gran) -Gungan General
Barb Mentir (weequay Pirate) -Gungan General
Wag Too (with Butterfly) -Jedi Crash
Tee Watt Kaa -Jedi Crash
General Lok Durd -Jedi Crash
Tatical Droid -Jedi Crash
Senator Riyo Chuchi -Trespass
Chairman Chi Cho -Trespass
Thi-Sen (Talz) -Trespass
Rex,Obi-wan & Anakin cold weather gear -Trespass
Shahan Alama (weequay) -Hostage Crisis
Robonino(fish bounty hunter) -Hostage Crisis
Clone Trooper Slick -Hidden Enemy
Dr. Nuvo Vindi w/ bunny droid -Blue Shadow Virus
Padme & Jar Jar in Containment suits -Blue Shadow Virus
Peppi Bow (female Gungan) -Blue Shadow Virus
Captain Typho -Blue Shadow Virus
Jaybo Hood -Mystery of a Thousand Moons
Angel -Mystery of a Thousand Moons
Amit Noloff(old Quarren) -Mystery of a Thousand Moons
Mar Tuuk (Neimoidian) -Storm over Ryloth
Nilim Bril & Numa (Twileks) -Innocents on Ryloth
Cham Syndulla (Twilek) -Liberty on Ryloth
Gobi Glie (Twilek) -Liberty on Ryloth
Tae Boon (Twilek) -Liberty on Ryloth

Blue2th
07-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Separatist Recon Droid (Ryloth)
http://pic.srv104.wapedia.mobi/thumb/82dc14456/enwookie/max/720/900/Separatist_probe_droid.jpg?format=jpg,png,gif

figrin bran
07-31-2009, 01:15 AM
My top picks would be:
1. Aayla Secura
2. R4-P17
3. Chancellor Palpatine
5. Nahdar Vebb

Also, even though it's not a figure, I'd like to see some Clone Wars-specific display stands. Figures like Ahsoka and Padme have a hard time standing on skinny legs and tiny feet.

Aayla is coming out in the CW line next year. She was shown in the SDCC slide presentation. Nahdar Vebb is also out in '10 but as a mail away figure.

sonofsokol
07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
My top 10:
1. Commander Fox (from the movie, re-release of Target exclusive)
2. Captain Rex in winter gear (Trespass)
3. Aura Sing (Hostage Crisis)
4. Numa (Innocents of Ryloth, this little Twi-lek girl could be included with a clone from this episode)
5. Bomb Squad Clone (Blue Shadow Virus)
6. Lurmen Two-Pack with Tee Watt Kaa and his son Wang Too (Jedi Crash and Defenders of Peace)
7. Tactical Droid (the movie and various episodes)
8. Thi-Sen (Trespass)
9. Anakin in winter gear (Trespass)
10. Obi-wan in winter gear (Tresspass)

I didn't include Aayla Secura and Nadhar Vebb for the reasons stated in the previous post. I am very excited for these figures.

Honorable mentions:
-Senator Riyo Chuchi (Trespass)
-Dr. Nuvo Vindi (Blue Shadow Virus, Mystery of a Thousand Moons)

JediTricks
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Ideally, none. If this is a democratic vote, mine goes for 100% realistic, Legacy style figures. CW gets enough love IMO.Then vote that way in the upcoming poll on Sunday.

I know they are releasing a clean white version of those Scout Trooper Clones, but I would like to see the camouflaged versions from the pilot episode.Can you link us to a photo? I don't remember that.

Jabba's Nikto Guard. I heard that he was originally planned for the Jabba BP, but scrapped due to cost. Is there any truth to that?Yup, totally true. March 20th:

HansHideout.blogspot.com: The Clone Wars Nikto Bounty Hunter figure - we know he's not coming in the Jabba Battle Pack anymore, but can you confirm that he will make it out at some point in the near future? He's such a great figure, we'd love to get him sooner rather than later!
Hasbro: Right now he does not have a home, but because he is tooled it is guaranteed that he will eventually come out either as a basic figure or part of an exclusive. He's a great figure, we're just looking for the best way to get him into the line.

I may post a more later, but the one that comes to mind first would be a re-release of the Target Exclusive Commander Fox (http://www.rebelscum.com/TCWexFox.asp). I never saw this one at my Target stores and now it is only available second-hand for 5 to 6 times the retail price if not more. I'm sure lots of people missed the chance to buy this before they even really realized what it was they were missing.Yeah, pricepoint wrecked that figure too, I think we can fit a basic carded one into our prelim list.

My top picks would be:
1. Aayla Secura
2. R4-P17
3. Chancellor Palpatine
5. Nahdar VebbThe first and last are already being made. They're also already looking into making R4-P17, but I'll include it as they haven't committed yet.

Also, even though it's not a figure, I'd like to see some Clone Wars-specific display stands. Figures like Ahsoka and Padme have a hard time standing on skinny legs and tiny feet.Not something I can address in a Fans Choice poll, sorry. My Asajj Ventress just fell down again too so great timing. :D

Dang, that's quite a list Jedichicken!

Anyway, keep 'em coming. I'll probably have to make an arbitrary call of which ones to include first since we don't have time for a top list poll, but I'll try to make it even.

jedichicken
07-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Dang, that's quite a list Jedichicken!

Anyway, keep 'em coming. I'll probably have to make an arbitrary call of which ones to include first since we don't have time for a top list poll, but I'll try to make it even.

My favorite characters are from the Trespass episode, if you put any of them on your list I'm sure they'll get votes as well as the other 2 bounty hunters from Hostage Crisis.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Jedichicken's list is pretty good, but I'd like to add R7-F5 and R7-A7, which are Plo Koon's and Ahsoka's astro droids, respectively. Especially the latter, to go with her ship. If I think of some over the next few days, I'll add them.

bigbarada
08-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Can you link us to a photo? I don't remember that.

I'll have to look around, but I'm not that worried about it. The sculpt obviously exists, so it's just a matter of time before Hasbro rereleases it with the camo pattern.

Also, I forgot about the comment that the Nikto figure had already been made and they were just waiting for the right time to release him. So, you can leave him off the list as well.

Blue2th
08-01-2009, 06:05 PM
I'll have to look around, but I'm not that worried about it. The sculpt obviously exists, so it's just a matter of time before Hasbro rereleases it with the camo pattern.

Also, I forgot about the comment that the Nikto figure had already been made and they were just waiting for the right time to release him. So, you can leave him off the list as well.
They just released #10 Arf Trooper. So all they got to do is a repaint pretty much.
Here's the camo pattern one: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:CloneReconTrooper.jpg

And the non-camo version: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Recontrooper.jpg

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 12:51 PM
It is time to vote in the first round (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40913). Thanks to everybody who has been submitting characters, keep throwing them out there, we may be able to use more in rounds 2 and 3.

Here's a list of characters with speaking parts that have not been made and what episode they were in. I didn't list every clone trooper or recuring characters like Palpatine, Nute Gunray, Wat Tambor etc. that will probably be made anyway. Hopefully it will help for a start and others can add anything I might have missed.

King Katuunka -Ambush
TB-2 medical droid -Rising Malevolence
Onoconda Farr -Bombad Jedi
EV-A4-D -Lair of Grievous
Turk Falso Weequay pirate -Dooku Captured
Senator Kharrus (Gran) -Gungan General
Barb Mentir (weequay Pirate) -Gungan General
Wag Too (with Butterfly) -Jedi Crash
Tee Watt Kaa -Jedi Crash
General Lok Durd -Jedi Crash
Tatical Droid -Jedi Crash
Senator Riyo Chuchi -Trespass
Chairman Chi Cho -Trespass
Thi-Sen (Talz) -Trespass
Rex,Obi-wan & Anakin cold weather gear -Trespass
Shahan Alama (weequay) -Hostage Crisis
Robonino(fish bounty hunter) -Hostage Crisis
Clone Trooper Slick -Hidden Enemy
Dr. Nuvo Vindi w/ bunny droid -Blue Shadow Virus
Padme & Jar Jar in Containment suits -Blue Shadow Virus
Peppi Bow (female Gungan) -Blue Shadow Virus
Captain Typho -Blue Shadow Virus
Jaybo Hood -Mystery of a Thousand Moons
Angel -Mystery of a Thousand Moons
Amit Noloff(old Quarren) -Mystery of a Thousand Moons
Mar Tuuk (Neimoidian) -Storm over Ryloth
Nilim Bril & Numa (Twileks) -Innocents on Ryloth
Cham Syndulla (Twilek) -Liberty on Ryloth
Gobi Glie (Twilek) -Liberty on Ryloth
Tae Boon (Twilek) -Liberty on RylothIn round 1, I used a lot of this list, but couldn't use them all.

Mvader91
08-02-2009, 07:54 PM
How about a deluxe Gundark?:razz:

JediTricks
08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm leaning towards no on that just because they're too big for a basic-sized figure and are more "beast" than character. I'll listen to any compelling arguments though.

El Chuxter
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Wait, they showed gundarks in Clone Wars? Which version? It's apparently a name used to describe many different creatures.

JediTricks
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
It was the Dooku Captured episode, Obi-Wan and Anakin fell into yet another nest of Gundarks (this time in a cave). They were the ones shown here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gundark

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
It wasn't really a nest per se, though they did encounter two different ones. I quite enjoyed that sequence, with Obi-Wan just being a smartass about it all.

IG 8D8
09-28-2009, 09:41 PM
anyone in Cad Bane's band of bounty hunters that hasn't been made yet. It would be cool to see a "Rise of the Bounty Hunters" battle pack with Bane, Bossk, Aurra Sing, and 2 IG-86's. I also like Wat Tambor.