PDA

View Full Version : Cad Bane wave

WesleySr
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Well, I just picked up the Cad Bane wave at Target, but didnt find Cad : (
I just opened Anakin and Denal and I would just like to give HASBRO kudos. They included with them the missile for the backpack, and a shorter missile that acts like a plug to fill in the hole in the backpack if you arent using the missile. I really liked this. Thanks alot Hasbro.

JediTricks
07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
I picked up space Obi-Wan and it's got it too, very cool, finally got this right after so many years.

WesleySr
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Cool, i havent gotten that one yet. So far I have found:

#06 Mace Windu
#07 Admiral Yularen
#08 Jawas (x2)
#10 ARF Trooper
#11 Heavy Assault Super Battle Droid (x2)
#15 Whorm Loathsom
#16 Commando Droid
#20 Clone Trooper Denal
#21 Anakin Skywalker with Space Gear
#23 Ahsoka with Space Gear

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I found Space Suit Anakin yesterday. It's my first Anakin in the line, I passed on the original and battle pack models, but this added play value I felt made sense. It also turns out to be very articulated, with ball-hinged knees and ankles, and a ball-jointed mid-torso. The "skirt" isn't quite pliable for some extreme leg poses, but the basic stuff it can do. The jetpack is the same mold as the Obi-Wan from the previous wave, although here the red is a lighter color and both missiles have a white ring just below the head, but the white paint on the jetpack is identical to Obi-Wan's. Anakin's saber is extremely light-colored, which is more accurate but looks odd against the rest of the line's bolder blue coloring. The helmet is the same as Obi-Wan's, but the paint is white with red stripes, and the sculpt is better defined than Obi-Wan's, perhaps one tooling is a copy of the other and Anakin got the original. Anakin's helmet doesn't fit as snugly around the collar as Obi-Wan's, but it's only obvious from the sides. The new head sculpt is more accurate to the show, as is the body. The armor has a nice paint job to it, very metallic. Basically, this figure covers 2 roles, space Anakin and regular Anakin, so it's got a lot going for it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2009, 07:43 PM
I just found Anakin and Ahsoka from this wave. They're both really nice. Anakin is quite an improvement over the first one, but his boots and left glove are light brown, so it doesn't quite work to completely replace the original (though I'm sure we'll see a repaint soon). The lightsaber has a peg to go into his belt, but the blade doesn't come off, so that's a little odd. Ahsoka can kind of do a two-hand grip on the saber, but it's not great since it's relying on bending more than articulation. Her saber is also quite striking, in that it's a pretty muted green.

There were a few more Ahsokas but no more of any of the other figures from this wave when I left. There were two kids who each had a Denal, though, and one of them thought it was named "Dental". :D Seems like Cad Bane is going to be hard to find.

I also got the $5 Clone Cash coupons in each. Here's a picture of what to look for in the store . . . it was under both the little catalog and the Qui-Gon mail-away form.

JetsAndHeels
08-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I found Cad Bane last night.

He is a really cool figure with good detail, but his lack of articulation on his knees is kind of a bummer.

Definately worth a buy if you find him though.

JediTricks
08-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Anakin is quite an improvement over the first one, but his boots and left glove are light brown, so it doesn't quite work to completely replace the original (though I'm sure we'll see a repaint soon). Looks like the right color of brown to me:

The lightsaber has a peg to go into his belt, but the blade doesn't come off, so that's a little odd.There's a bunch of figures like that in the last few years, drives me crazy. I'm guessing they were going to include a blade-off saber as Obi-Wan space suit has, but couldn't budget it in.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Dunno, the brown still seems a little light to me - maybe it's the lack of weathering, or the fact that all the other Anakins had much darker gloves and boots. They look just a little too caramel-y.

JediTricks
08-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Look at his boots in the part that's out of the shadow, they are actually lighter than this figure's. Maybe yours is different from mine, mine is a fairly medium brown, "chocolate" perhaps.

I forgot to mention, my Anakin came with the certificate for the Eeopie, I thought that was only coming with TLC figures so I am sending mine in today.

DarkArtist
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
have yet to spot this wave or the Clone Cash that people are finding.... rather frustrating rewally. really want the Clones and Cad Bane.

DarkArtist
09-04-2009, 07:12 AM
i found one lonely Anakin in Space Suit last night from this wave.... got all excited expecting to see Denal and Bane but no luck.... well at least they are starting to trickle into Jersey....

sebillba
09-04-2009, 07:34 AM
I really like the look of the Cad Bane character, so have bought a loose one from ebay... will only be my 3rd CW figure, after Yoda and Ashoka (4th if you count Rotta!). I've also got the new Yoda on order, and need to search out that little trandoshan from a battle pack - is that one out yet?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I really like the look of the Cad Bane character, so have bought a loose one from ebay... will only be my 3rd CW figure, after Yoda and Ashoka (4th if you count Rotta!). I've also got the new Yoda on order, and need to search out that little trandoshan from a battle pack - is that one out yet?
I've seen the pack a few times (Ambush on the Vulture's Claw) and gotten it. Gha Nachkt is pretty cool, if slightly under-articulated (compared to the SA assault on every other figure).

sebillba
09-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I've seen the pack a few times (Ambush on the Vulture's Claw) and gotten it. Gha Nachkt is pretty cool, if slightly under-articulated (compared to the SA assault on every other figure).

Thanks! I've just looked him up on ebay, there are a few trickling through, but the cheapest I can see is $15.99, plus shipping, so reckon I'll have to wait a while.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
A local Walmart put out a few endcap displays of this wave, meaning I finally got Cad Bane today! There was only one other of him, I think, but a few each of the others from this wave. They were in a cardboard display thing along with some other figures.

figrin bran
09-05-2009, 11:18 PM
The head on space suit Ahsoka seems more accurate to the animation than the first version. Fortunately, the heads are swappable.

Anakin's are not, however and I like the head on the first better than space suit Ani.

It took me a month of searching but I'm finally caught up with this wave!

DarkArtist
09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
picked up 4A-7 and Clone Trooper Echo yesterday at Target....missed getting Cad Bane by mere seconds as another collector had just scooped him up. oh well, hoping to find the rest of this wave soon.

El Chuxter
09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Is Cad Bane's hat removeable?

JetsAndHeels
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes...if i recall correctly it comes in the package without his hat on.

DarkArtist
09-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Cad Bane stills eludes me but i was able to get Denal the other day. haven't seen Ashoka or Kenobi in space gear yet or Whorm Loathsom as of yet, but would rather get Bane before the rest of the wave..

morpheus282
09-13-2009, 07:38 PM
I picked up Cad Bane for the kid last night - the hat is removable but it only fits on his head one way. I haven't had much of a problem locating any of that wave, but I've yet to see the TPM or ROTJ waves.

DarkArtist
09-25-2009, 08:18 AM
found a lone Obi Wan in Spacesuit last night at Target.... still no sign of Bane, Commando Droid or Loathsom..

morpheus282
09-25-2009, 08:52 AM
We picked up the commando droid and Loathsom last weekend at TRU as part of their B2G1 sale. Not too impressed with Loathsom, but my kid likes him. The commando droid is really spiffy though.

DarkArtist
09-25-2009, 11:36 AM
broke down and ordered the Commando Droid and Whorm Loathsom from HTS..

DarkArtist
09-30-2009, 08:12 AM
finally after days and weeks of hunting one TRU in East Brunswick had a sole Cad Bane on the pegs that was quickly snatched up and taken home last night..... Whooooo Hoooooo !!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DarkArtist
10-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Commando Droid and Whorm Loathsom arrived today. both look good. now for the next wave with Padme and Matchstick

morpheus282
10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
So far, I've only seen Cad Bane on the pegs twice. Everything else seems to be fairly plentiful. Wonder if he's really that popular or if he's just been short packed?

JetsAndHeels
10-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I found Captain Arguyus tonight at Walmart. Is he part of the Cad Bane wave? Anyway, I like the figure alot.

DarkArtist
10-08-2009, 12:12 PM
found the AAT Battledroid and Luminara last night in Walmart. both look good. no sign of Padme, Matchstick, or the Coruscant Guard. oh well.

i have to say it's amazing that I'm able to find more and more of the Clone Wars line in almost every store I check but have yet to see many of the new Legacy figures on the pegs....

morpheus282
10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I think that's part of Hasbro's plan. If I remember correctly, they say the CW line is outselling the Legacy figures so it would make more sense for them to ship more of the CW figures. So far, I've seen TPM wave repacks at two stores last week and only three of the new figures at another store yesterday. Still not ROTJ wave or the AT-ST.

figrin bran
10-15-2009, 01:36 AM
If anyone is interested in making a Cad Bane in Denal's armor, his head fits perfectly on Denal's neck post, though you'd probably need to trim the breathing apparatus for accuracy.

I'd consider making one if only I could find him again!

JediTricks
10-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Got Cad Bane and space suit Ahsoka from HTS yesterday.

Ahsoka is likely the only version I'll ever buy of her. She's ok, not great, but the head is WAY better than the original and she's not dressed like a pre-teen prostitute.

Cad Bane is fairly good, but the breathing system is sculpted to his head wrong, it should be attached to his cheeks and instead it's attached further back. The weapons are alright, the left holster on mine is pretty tight though. The figure fits the character's style pretty well, the western theme with the hat, coat, and long rifle. His belt isn't paint on his torso though.

sebillba
10-19-2009, 02:56 AM
the left holster on mine is pretty tight though.

Mine was the same - I had to push a cocktail stick through the hole before the gun would fit properly.

DarkArtist
11-05-2009, 07:16 PM
picked up an additional Commando droid tonight in Target.. now if I can only find the battlepack as well I'd be set

DarkArtist
11-19-2009, 05:25 PM
picked up Captain Arygus last night in Target...still looking for the Padme / Matchstick wave

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2009, 08:38 AM
I found (and bought) a Cad! Yay?

WesleySr
11-25-2009, 06:07 PM
If anyone is interested in making a Cad Bane in Denal's armor, his head fits perfectly on Denal's neck post, though you'd probably need to trim the breathing apparatus for accuracy.

I'd consider making one if only I could find him again!

Well, I finally found Cad Bane and of course, I tried that. Mine didnt fit too good. Anyways, you are right about trimming the breathing apparatus to make Denal's helmet fit, but I aint gonna try that. It's a shame that Hasbro didn't think of that when they made him and gave him a second head just for that purpose. That would have been AWESOME.

DarkArtist
11-28-2009, 04:52 PM
picked up Padme, Matchstick, Tank Gunner and Ziro's Assassin Droid from Walmart today. they had a huge display of figures on a isle display that was 4 sided. one side had vehicles, the next Clone Wars Figures, then Legends, then Legacy...the Legacy side had the remains of the ROTJ and ANH waves...looks like they put it out on Black Friday...bummed that I missed out on getting some of the scanning troopers

Val Da Car
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Found 3 Cad Bane's at TRU last night..$5 coupon Hasbro used...nice

AmanaMatt
12-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Any indication of an Aura Sing figure? While I dont collect this line, i do own 4 figures currently

Just watched the conclusion to Season one (I'm slow to watch), and her appearance was welcome!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Anybody else having hat troubles with the Outlaw Josey Bane? Can't get it to stay on his head. Although, now that all his accessories are boxed up now, it doesn't really matter. Never mind. :yes:

Ji'dai
12-22-2009, 09:31 PM
I have two Banes now and haven't had any problem keeping his hat on either one. It is molded to go on his head a certain way if you look inside the hat. Nice figure; too bad there's no knee articulation.

morpheus282
12-22-2009, 10:23 PM
If you look inside the hat, there's one side that rather flat while the other is rounded. The flat side needs to go on his forehead.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
CW Aurra Sing is confirmed by Hasbro to be on its way.

The hat on my Cad Bane stays on fine, but not exceptionally well.

jestermon
01-13-2010, 09:19 AM
I saw this whole wave except the Ashoka, I have been warming up to the character and am tempted to get the hutlet version my store dug up from somewhere both galactic heroes and the space version.

Anakin just looks like he has his normal clothes on while they (Obi-Wan) both look like they have suits.

JediTricks
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Anakin's outfit is the same as his regular one, since he doesn't have exposed flesh in it except for his head, I guess they figure we'll just believe it's insulated to the ravages of space. Anakin and Ahsoka Space Suit figures are both from "Cargo of Doom", and Ahsoka's outfit while completely covering (for once) is hardly believable as a space suit in any other fashion.

Obi-Wan space suit is from a different wave and different ep, Dooku Captured. The concept is clearly more of a space suit, which is both good and bad in a way.

I like all 3 figs though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Obi-Wan space suit is from a different wave and different ep, Dooku Captured. The concept is clearly more of a space suit, which is both good and bad in a way.
Plus, he ditches it immediately after getting onto the ship, and somehow has all his normal clothes on under it. It's the same mysterious technology used by Luke and Han in their stormtrooper disguises. :p

jestermon
01-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Has anyone else spotted the Ahsoka? Or is it just me that hasn't found her.

I managed to find the original version at my Wal-Mart, definately got to get all her figures.

JediTricks
01-15-2010, 07:00 PM
That Ahsoka is generally at the Target stores around here, I see that space suit one quite a bit actually.