PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Battle Packs

WesleySr
07-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I have some questions about the upcoming battle packs just shown at Comic-Con:

Ambush at Abregado (Target) - Who are the 2 Clone Troopers and is the Plo Koon a repack?

Assault on Ryloth (Target) - Who are the 3 Clone Troopers and is the Mace Windu a repack?

Also the helmet shown with Mace doesnt have the coloring on it, I hope HASBRO fixes this.

Rishi Moon Outpost Attack - Who is the Clone Trooper? Also the Commando droid was shown in the slide presentation wearing a helmet along with the clone trooper, but in the hasbro display it wasnt shown with it. Does anyone know if it will include the 2nd helmet?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Ambush at Abregado has Boost and Sinker. Assault on Ryloth has Cody, Waxer, and Boil. Both the Jedi look like repacks, but their accessories might be different. The Clone Trooper looks to be generic, and I don't even know if his helmet is removable. I suppose it could double for any of the shinies in that episode; hopefully they name him on the package, as I'd love a dedicated Hevy figure. It looks like the helmet will be included in the set, as we've already seen boxed photos of this set.

DarkJedi5
08-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Bought the Geonosis Assault BP today and I was looking at it and I think one of the joints on mine was assembled backwards. Does anyone have this and have pictures of the armature they could post? If I got a bum one it's gonna be tough to match when I buy a few more pods.

Ando
08-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Bought the Geonosis Assault BP today and I was looking at it and I think one of the joints on mine was assembled backwards. Does anyone have this and have pictures of the armature they could post? If I got a bum one it's gonna be tough to match when I buy a few more pods.

This is one of the few items on my hot list right now.

What store did you find them at?

How many did you find? Are they packing them 1 per case?

Can we see some pictures?

Other than the armature, how does the turret look?

Are the pilots super articulated or repacks of the Evo clones from 2005/2006?

DarkJedi5
08-17-2009, 04:05 PM
What store did you find them at?
I spent all day searching and found only one at a Target (the largest Target near me)

How many did you find? Are they packing them 1 per case?
Just one. I really sincerely believe they are packing them one to a case with the Battle for Endor and Gelegrub patrol and maybe the Jabba's CW set (there were a ton of those darn Jabbas!).

Can we see some pictures?
Sure, I'll post a few this evening.

Other than the armature, how does the turret look?
My biggest concern was that the bubble looked really big and I was concerned that it wouldn't look very good with the gunship. Now, my gunships aren't accessible at the moment but after getting my hands on one of these it appears to be as small as they could make it. The armature is pretty sturdy and can swivel to cover just about any angle from the gunship bay doors. It is a little tight in the pod and I had a really difficult time getting the clone into the seat and to get him to grasp the controls. I still couldn't get him to grasp both control handles at the same time.

Are the pilots super articulated or repacks of the Evo clones from 2005/2006?
The pilots are the exact same as the ones that came with the Evo set in 2005 and were again released last year in the imperial pilots evo set. In fact, after cramming them into the ball, I really wish that they had given the pilots ball jointed hips because after leaving him in the turret over night and his hips had really started to get messed up. Also, the non film-accurate paint jobs don't really do anything for me.

Ando
08-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Thank you for answering all of my questions.

I have 8 gunships, so these things are going to be a b***h to get my hands on, especially if they are packed 1 per case (nice work, Hasbro).

I think at this point, I will settle for outfitting only 4-5 of my gunships with these turret packs.

DarkJedi5
08-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I only have two gunships and to outfit both of them could really be a chore. I can't imagine trying to get my hands on 10 of these sets. Also, it cost me $28 and change after tax. So far it's not cheaper to get them online but it's probably a heck of a lot easier. So, here are the pics... the first one is the two clones so that hopefully you can get a good look at them with the turret behind for size, the second is a clone in the turret in an artillery position, third is an straight vertical to give some idea of the posibility of the armature (the pod rotates 360 degrees on the last joint of the armature and the armature rotates 360 degrees at the base but they are both really stiff joints and only move about 45 degrees at a time), then two photos of the instructions to show what the armature is supposed to look like and what it would like like clipped into a gunship.

As you can see on mine the short connector between the "C" part and the pod turns up before connecting to the pod but on the box and instructions it looks like it should be angle down. I might be able to detach the pod, turn the little arm down and connect the pod back into the other side but I want to make sure that really is how it's supposed to be.

jonthejedi
08-18-2009, 03:05 AM
My friend confirmed only 1 gunship turret per case plus 2 repacks & Vulture's Claw set from CW. Oh well.

Ando
08-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the pictures. Yeah, it's going to be a chore for people to outfit existing gunships + buy ahead for future releases.

I may end up going online to get all the ones that I "need".

Blue2th
08-18-2009, 09:35 AM
So two of these packs and you've spent more than you did if you bought a Gunship when they originally came out. :ninja:

It looks cool I have to have at least two to outfit one Gunship. Though now I want the definitive Gunship with the full doors. A TRU exclusive, it's not going to be cheap either. Might wait a while, or sell my ROTS grey one and my Command Gunship to pay for all this. :(

I can put them on my AOTC one for sure though, as it's the only accurate one from the films anyways. Unless the TRU exclusive comes with the optional decal nose art, instead of painted on, I won't be buying that either, as I want one that's AOTC and ROTS accurate.

Ando
08-18-2009, 09:38 AM
One last question, DarkJedi5... What color was the packaging? The old blue and white or the new red and white?

clone157
08-19-2009, 08:23 PM
The blue and whites are the only Bps I've seen. These are pretty cool from the 2 I picked up from 2 different Targets. Around here, if one store gets one, they all do, so if I see something from a new wave at one store, I can run to another to find what got sold out before I got there. They look good without the Gunship, but mine are on my Lucky Lekku. I am not sure they will work with the new gunship unless you leave the doors open. This is okay as I'm gonna use it as the "trans-atmospheric version" as opposed to the "inner-atmospheric" ones we currently have. I am therefore resigned to stay with only 2 unless it is repacked with the EP3 Pilots. I still have 2 small ones from the first EP2 pilots on my Hawkbat GS. That leaves my grey EP3 GS bare. Oh well, I just don't want all of those pilots standing around. But the pilots with the BP seem to have thicker hoses than previous ones, but it may be just me.

DarkJedi5
08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
The blue and whites are the only Bps I've seen. These are pretty cool from the 2 I picked up from 2 different Targets. Around here, if one store gets one, they all do, so if I see something from a new wave at one store, I can run to another to find what got sold out before I got there. They look good without the Gunship, but mine are on my Lucky Lekku. I am not sure they will work with the new gunship unless you leave the doors open. This is okay as I'm gonna use it as the "trans-atmospheric version" as opposed to the "inner-atmospheric" ones we currently have. I am therefore resigned to stay with only 2 unless it is repacked with the EP3 Pilots. I still have 2 small ones from the first EP2 pilots on my Hawkbat GS. That leaves my grey EP3 GS bare. Oh well, I just don't want all of those pilots standing around. But the pilots with the BP seem to have thicker hoses than previous ones, but it may be just me.

Hey Clone, since you've got two maybe you could help me with my question above. Is my turret assembled in correctly or is the last part on the armature in the wrong position?

clone157
08-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey Clone, since you've got two maybe you could help me with my question above. Is my turret assembled in correctly or is the last part on the armature in the wrong position?

Everything looks correct in your pics, DJ5. On mine, the joints are really tight and it is hard to balance when in the standing position. When you get the stance right, it looks good, but a basic battle droid could knock it over.

Ando
08-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey Clone157, can we get some pics of your turrets attached to a gunship?

clone157
08-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Here's some pics of the Gunship after landing. The main problem is the weight of the pods. I will show more in another post.

clone157
08-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Here is the example I was speaking of. Much like natural double d's, they are beautiful, but they do sag a bit.

Blue2th
08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Damn! We're gonna need a bigger Gunship. :eek:

Double D's pretty much sums it up. lol

I still want a couple, but don't think I'm going to outfit all of them now.

jonthejedi
08-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Yup, Chief Brody was right. I haven't even been able to find the BP's...let alone try to attach 'em. Now that I see the final result.....hmm???!!!???

Ando
08-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice pics, clone157! I found ONE bp on Saturday night and rushed home to open it up and attach it.

I like them, but they do sag (DD's! Ha!) and we will need a bigger gunship!

(I attached mine to my Lucky Lekku as well, and believe it or not, I have a red ARC captain manning the same position as yours...)

I have decided that I am going to just order from an online store so that I don't get frustrated and burn a lot of gas trying to outfit all of my gunships. I also decided that I am only going to outfit my LL, my 4 AOTC deco gunships, and also the Rancor Mouth GS, plus 2 sets for the Crumb Bomber. I am going to skip my 2 ROTS GS's.

At this point, I want the pilots more than the pods (I still want the pods).

DarkJedi5
08-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Everything looks correct in your pics, DJ5. On mine, the joints are really tight and it is hard to balance when in the standing position. When you get the stance right, it looks good, but a basic battle droid could knock it over.

Could I get a photo of just your armature? I'm not sure how best to explain this but on mine there's the "c" part and the the straight piece points up, where as on the instructions, after the "c" piece the straight piece points down. There is no way I could do this on mine without removing the bubble, rotating the little straight piece 180 degrees and then reattaching the bubble.

Ando
08-26-2009, 11:54 AM

DJ5,

So I looked at your pictures and I looked at the ones I bought and installed and it looks like even though your instruction sheet differs from the actual toy, the pods should "work" when you install them. Mine are constructed the same as yours and I didn't even noticed a problem when I attached them.

Not sure if this helps you or not, but I don't think that they would physically work if they were constructed the way they are shown on the instruction sheet.

Good luck!

DarkJedi5
08-26-2009, 12:37 PM
DJ5,

So I looked at your pictures and I looked at the ones I bought and installed and it looks like even though your instruction sheet differs from the actual toy, the pods should "work" when you install them. Mine are constructed the same as yours and I didn't even noticed a problem when I attached them.

Not sure if this helps you or not, but I don't think that they would physically work if they were constructed the way they are shown on the instruction sheet.

Good luck!

Looking again at your photos I think I see what you mean. If it went the way it's shown in the instructions they bubble wouldn't be able to face full forward because it would be too close to the exterior bulkhead and would hit before achieving a "12 o'clock" position. I guess I won't mess with my turret then....

Ando
08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Looking again at your photos I think I see what you mean. If it went the way it's shown in the instructions they bubble wouldn't be able to face full forward because it would be too close to the exterior bulkhead and would hit before achieving a "12 o'clock" position. I guess I won't mess with my turret then....

Those were clone157's photos, but mine are essentially the same since we both installed them on the Lucky Lekku and have a red ARC captain manning the forward compartment.

Ando
08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Okay, so I was totally intrigued by DJ5's original dilemna and started looking closer at the official photos vs. the finished product and did a little of my own investigating.

It turns out that the pod CAN detach from the post/arm. See the pics below for proof. It takes a little effort, but they will pop right off. And as you can see from the pics, if they came the way they are displayed in the official photos, they simply wouldn't work right.

(I found my 3rd set last night and decided to experiment).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-29-2009, 12:02 PM
So is it true that the pilots in these sets aren't just the Evolutions one, but rather the SA body with a removable helmet? If so, then this set just got even cooler in my mind. Too bad there are none around here. :cry:

Blue2th
08-29-2009, 03:06 PM
So is it true that the pilots in these sets aren't just the Evolutions one, but rather the SA body with a removable helmet? If so, then this set just got even cooler in my mind. Too bad there are none around here. :cry:

Yes (RS has them featured if you want to check the details http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBPGeonosisAssault.asp) That's cool that they are SA now. The original one was kinda dated in articulation and swivel elbows.

I could use two of those to pilot a Gunship and put a regular clone in the pod like the movie, as the pilots don't go in there anyways, so it's really not a waste. Though a bummer you have to buy two sets to get another pod, then that's two more pilots for another Gunship, and so on and so forth. Too bad they don't offer alternate helmets to make them just Clones so you don't end up with too many pilots.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes (RS has them featured if you want to check the details http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBPGeonosisAssault.asp) That's cool that they are SA now. The original one was kinda dated in articulation and swivel elbows.

I could use two of those to pilot a Gunship and put a regular clone in the pod like the movie, as the pilots don't go in there anyways, so it's really not a waste. Though a bummer you have to buy two sets to get another pod, then that's two more pilots for another Gunship, and so on and so forth. Too bad they don't offer alternate helmets to make them just Clones so you don't end up with too many pilots.
The Evolutions one was only lacking the waist articulation . . . the elbows were also ball-jointed. I saw that on RS and so I asked here, since nobody had mentioned the new body before.

Whenever I get these, I'll just use the extra pilots for the AT-TE. Problem solved.

Blue2th
08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah was talking about the very first one with the baby turret, swivel elbows. I have the Evolutions one, both versions.

I guess if you switched the helmets. Got plenty Phase II Troopers for my AT-TE already.
Trying to think where I have some extra infantry helmets besides the Evolutions pack. Use what I have of course.

One Evolutions Pilot in the RS pics with the yellow trimmed armor they call an Engineer.
I thought he was a Commander Pilot?

Ok, now that they have a really nice Pilot, lets see the same pack with a couple of Arc Troopers. Just repaint the helmets with blue trim and vualla, two Pilots for my shark nose Gunship! Then I would buy another set for the other pod.

Yeah right. :rolleyes: