PDA

View Full Version : Beardless Hoth Trooper?

pegger
08-01-2009, 01:26 PM
OK - has this variation hit the shelves in the US?

I've heard nothing about it (asdie from when the bearded one hit - and it's on the poster) - and Hoth troopers aren't slated for later in the year - what's the deal-e-o?

DarkJedi5
08-01-2009, 01:35 PM
My understanding is that this will ship with the TPM wave in August along with the second Ugnaught.

wawe1
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I think it's going to be a longer wait than that. According to EE, the case asst for TPM wave doesn't show these figures.

DarkJedi5
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Maybe it's time for a Q&A. Actually JT may be able to check his database of answers, I'm pretty sure some one's asked when to expect this guy....

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Well, we have an answer for it now. Not a good answer, actually quite a crummy one, but it's an answer.

Yakface.com: In light of the revelation that the second version of the Hoth Rebel Trooper is going to be the scarcest of the Legacy Collection figures, how has this effected the distribution of other upcoming figures with running changes like the Bespin Guards and the Imperial Scanning Crew? Are more preventative measures being taken to allow collectors to complete their loose/carded figure collection?
And speaking of figures with running changes, where does the second version of the Utai figure fit in to all of this?
Hasbro: Yes, the Bespin Wing Guard and the Scanning Crew will be released in separate waves this fall, thus preventing the problem. This is under the assumption that the factory will not forget to switch over to the new head for the new wave - these instructions were obviously ignored during the Hoth Rebel Trooper run and the results were unfortunately bad. To compound it, we did not catch it until after the (already short) run was over. We can confirm that we are looking at ways of ensuring the Hoth figure gets released again next year. The second Utai will not become the basic figure line next year since the Utai was originally only ever to run one wave, and thus we could not slot a second one into the line.

sebillba
08-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Yakface.com: In light of the revelation that the second version of the Hoth Rebel Trooper is going to be the scarcest of the Legacy Collection figures.................

What was this revelation? This Q&A was the first I've heard about this, what did I miss?

DarkArtist
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
that stinks i was looking to get about 2-3 of the beardless trooper as well. hopefully i can at least grab one of the pegs.