View Full Version : JOCASTA NU for FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Pages : 1 [2]

Devo
09-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Jocasta Nu is going to warm your peg. :cheeky:

lol:whip: Classic!!

Obsession is Nute
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
A list of the upcoming battlepacks has been announced, one of them is called "Holocron".

I am trying to picture what would be in this pack, and I can only think of the Jedi Library. Maybe an old Obi, the Library droids and maybe a suprise Jocasta? I would personally be astonished for us to have not seen or heard of such a figure in advance, but who knows?

I think sneeking in a new mold in a battle pack is a good way to avoid obvious pegwarmers and sell it to an audience that wouldn't purchase it otherwise.

I have always dreamed for an "Assasination on Mustafar" battle pack with an old Anakin, old Battle droid, old (San Hill, Wat Tambor, Shui Mai, Poggle the Lesser, whatever) and a new ROTS Nute Gunray mold.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
The first episode of season 2 is Holocron Heist, so I bet the pack will have Cad Bane, Anakin, Ahsoka, and a droid or clone or something like that.

El Chuxter
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm not exactly clamoring for Jocasta, but I do want her and think she should be made. Given that we're only likely to see one in a five year period, if more than one, period, if she's made in Clone Wars style first, I'll be (synonyms for) urinated as hades! :mad:

GeonosisJedi
09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm not exactly clamoring for Jocasta, but I do want her and think she should be made. Given that we're only likely to see one in a five year period, if more than one, period, if she's made in Clone Wars style first, I'll be (synonyms for) urinated as hades! :mad:

As will I. Jocasta Nu needs to get the AOTC figure, NOT the animated version...while it's great to see her in the series, Jocasta Nu should be made in the Legacy Collection, before anything else.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Since Hasbro keeps saying TCW is more for kids and LC is for collectors, I have to think they'd do a realistic one. I'd be extremely surprised to see both, or just a TCW one.

Old Fossil
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Looking at how GREAT sales were for Breha Organa -- Princess Leia's adopted mom and a character with actual screen time (albeit seconds) -- sales for this old lady librarian with no screen time ought to be phenomenal.:rolleyes:

If Nu becomes a figure and said figure becomes a pegwarmer, I'm gonna hold you solely responsible, GeonosisJedi.

GeonosisJedi
09-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Looking at how GREAT sales were for Breha Organa -- Princess Leia's adopted mom and a character with actual screen time (albeit seconds) -- sales for this old lady librarian with no screen time ought to be phenomenal.:rolleyes:

If Nu becomes a figure and said figure becomes a pegwarmer, I'm gonna hold you solely responsible, GeonosisJedi.

While sales for Breha were horrible as you stated, Jocasta Nu did have more screentime, and was essentially at the center of an entire seen.

If she is released with a lightsaber, in more limited numbers (no re-releasing like Yarna), and along with the fact that she will be making an appearance in The Clone Wars and become more familiar with kids, than I think Jocasta will sell better than you think...

El Chuxter
09-13-2009, 10:08 PM
I really wonder if the stores see me coming and say, "Look! It's El Chuxter! Quick, hide all the Brehas!" I swear, I saw a total of maybe six ever.

Devo
09-13-2009, 10:20 PM

While I agree that Jocasta would almost certainly be a poor seller she did have screentime and more than Breha Organa at that. I'm puzzled where you got this idea - perhaps a fan edit of AOTC with all the pointless scenes cut out?

Droid
09-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm puzzled where you got this idea - perhaps a fan edit of AOTC with all the pointless scenes cut out?

So the movie would be what, eight minutes long?

Old Fossil
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
While I agree that Jocasta would almost certainly be a poor seller she did have screentime and more than Breha Organa at that. I'm puzzled where you got this idea - perhaps a fan edit of AOTC with all the pointless scenes cut out?

She had screen time? My bad. Guess I forgot it. I've blocked out much of AOTC from my memory... too painful.

pbarnard
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I need to double check the novelization, but I think she wasn't even named in that.

El Chuxter
09-14-2009, 01:22 PM
If you took the IMAX cut of AOTC (which was never released except to IMAX theaters, but cut a lot of the cheesy love story, droid factory silliness, and Senate scenes) and restored some of the Senate scenes that explained what was going on, it would give AOTC at least one extra star, making it only the second weakest film of the saga, and putting it closer to being on par with the Ewok movies.

pbarnard
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Do you think Roa the oat meal man would've done Jocasta Nu as a youth? Or is that even gross in the Star Wars universe?

El Chuxter
09-14-2009, 02:02 PM
It was Noa. And his woman was Shaak Ti, though they all threw themselves at him. Rumor is, when he vanished, 99% of the women in the galaxy wore black for a month.

pbarnard
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Duh, Roa was Han Solo's mentor...concussion must've been worse than I was diagnosed.

GeonosisJedi
10-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Seeing Jocasta Nu in the Clone Wars premiere was great! That episode really impressed me. Even though it was really the Clawdite, seeing Madame Jocasta in action with her LIGHTSABER was truly amazing!!

I look foward to the final voting soon....maybe Jocasta Nu can still pull it off!

DarkJedi5
10-03-2009, 06:42 PM
But now she'll win as a Clone Wars figure and still not appear in the "real" line. They did say any CW character would be made as a CW figure.

Blue2th
10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Seeing Jocasta Nu in the Clone Wars premiere was great! That episode really impressed me. Even though it was really the Clawdite, seeing Madame Jocasta in action with her LIGHTSABER was truly amazing!!

I look foward to the final voting soon....maybe Jocasta Nu can still pull it off!

I'm thinking she'll get in there as a figure, but I she will be animated style at first because that's her most recent appearance.
Notice that your certain background favorite figures are not done or re-issued in the Legacy line if there is an animated counterpart?
For instance when's the last time you've seen a realistic Dooku, Aayla, etc. competing for attention on the pegs?
It's almost as if you really don't want your favorites appearing in Clone Wars because you might have to wait a little while to get them realistic.

Though I'd like to see her in action, I would rather have a Legacy Barris Offee before an animated one. Maybe she's planned for an appearance in Clone Wars is why we get kinda cryptic answers regarding her.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm thinking she'll get in there as a figure, but I she will be animated style at first because that's her most recent appearance.
Notice that your certain background favorite figures are not done or re-issued in the Legacy line if there is an animated counterpart?
For instance when's the last time you've seen a realistic Dooku, Aayla, etc. competing for attention on the pegs?
It's almost as if you really don't want your favorites appearing in Clone Wars because you might have to wait a little while to get them realistic.
But they're still releasing realistic Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Plo Koon figures, among others. They said recently that Jocasta Nu's ranking in the polls was surprising since they don't think she'll do well. I have to think they'd put her in the realistic line, since even from her appearance in the show, she's still a very collector-focused kind of character.

Tycho
10-04-2009, 03:14 AM
I think they should do the realistic live-action show about Jocasta Nu. They could hire the same actress and say that somehow she survives Order 66 and instead of laying low, decides to take on the galaxy's bounty hunters and punch them all in the face!

Maybe in one episode she catches up to young Boba and she hits him so hard he has to put on his daddy's helmet to cover up the bruises.

Can you guys imagine how awesome that would be?

Is anyone reading this taking me seriously? :D

GeonosisJedi
10-04-2009, 09:18 PM
But they're still releasing realistic Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Plo Koon figures, among others. They said recently that Jocasta Nu's ranking in the polls was surprising since they don't think she'll do well. I have to think they'd put her in the realistic line, since even from her appearance in the show, she's still a very collector-focused kind of character.

Where did you hear Hasbro say that about the polls? I'm glad they're acknowledging her strong showing.

I hope you're right about what you said though...seeing an animated version after strong support for a realistic one would be dissapointing, even though Jocasta was beast in The Holocron Heist...

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Where did you hear Hasbro say that about the polls? I'm glad they're acknowledging her strong showing.

I hope you're right about what you said though...seeing an animated version after strong support for a realistic one would be dissapointing, even though Jocasta was beast in The Holocron Heist...Someone posted it in the thread about the fan's choice polls

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=699505&postcount=71

Darth Jax
10-05-2009, 12:50 AM
I think they should do the realistic live-action show about Jocasta Nu. They could hire the same actress and say that somehow she survives Order 66 and instead of laying low, decides to take on the galaxy's bounty hunters and punch them all in the face!

Maybe in one episode she catches up to young Boba and she hits him so hard he has to put on his daddy's helmet to cover up the bruises.

Can you guys imagine how awesome that would be?

Is anyone reading this taking me seriously? :D

when does anyone take you seriously?

GeonosisJedi
10-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Someone posted it in the thread about the fan's choice polls

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=699505&postcount=71

Thanks. I was glad to see their response!

Tycho
10-05-2009, 04:02 PM
That's awesome to hear about Jocasta Nu!

pbarnard
10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
That's awesome to hear about Jocasta Nu!

Is it? With all the struggles that obscure characters are having and the Legacy line in general is it wise to throw another one out there who'll join Yarna and Brea? :twisted:

Old Fossil
10-05-2009, 05:23 PM
when does anyone take you seriously?

I believe someone, unfortunately, is.:tired:

Tycho
10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Is it? With all the struggles that obscure characters are having and the Legacy line in general is it wise to throw another one out there who'll join Yarna and Brea? :twisted:

Some of these characters are important to diorama builders and should be brought out in some way or another.

The figures would be all-new sculpts (Jocasta Nu for the obvious example).

Making the diorama itself as a battle pack might be a way to do this.

Unfortunately, that would mean 3 or so figures we already have, plus the new one.

How about the Jedi Library with Jocasta Nu, Obi-Wan (AOTC with soft cloak), a youngling, Dooku statue bust, and maybe a re-pack of one of the Target-exclusive-only Jedi for another "library user?"

Other figures like Kitster and Wald (unless done as a carded two-pack) could be put in the battle pack format: Kitster, Wald Shmi, Anakin, Qui-Gon? Or alternate in a TPM C-3PO for one of the other repacks. But these E1 character repacks are all no-longer-available at the present moment anyway.

Wilrow Hood could have come with Lando, a stormtrooper, a Bespin Guard variant, Leia Bespin Escape, or all-of-the-above.

However, as a diorama builder with no real interest in the CHARACTER of Willrow Hood, I'll be using him to populate not only Cloud City, but Coruscant as well.

pbarnard
10-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Some of these characters are important to diorama builders and should be brought out in some way or another.

Learn to customize. It is a safer bet and can be done with a lot of other things and not bring down an entire line. :thumbsup:

Tycho
10-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Learn to customize. It is a safer bet and can be done with a lot of other things and not bring down an entire line. :thumbsup:

I used to do customs. In fact before they made them, I made Kir Karnos and Carnor Jax.

But I really prefer the "official" figures.

I wonder if the fringe and EU characters I like aggravate people because:

1) they could pegwarm and "bring down the line"
2) the collectors are completists and only want their own interests served
3) someone wants to quit, but not without "the perfect" name-a-resculpt

However, I think we have more in common than you think because:

1) I too don't want pegwarming stagnation
2) I want my diorama interests served - it's no different in principal
3) I could quit, but want my scenes fulfilled first (with the obscure)

sebillba
11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
In case anyone missed it, there's a great answer in this month's Q&A over at Galactic Hunter (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=8564&zoneid=2)....

Galactic Hunter: You the team, the Boss Man, whoever draws the short straw on Q&A day yes, you! You get to black-ball just one character from ever reaching figural form. Who is it, and why? [Note: Vehicles and beasts do not count.]

HASBRO: If we had our way, it would be Jocasta Nu. The idea of this character, with her haughty attitude and http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/8564-prune.jpgdismissive airs, just does not appeal to us and we have concerns that she will be popular enough to justify her plastic existence if we did do her. However, we have cast out fate to the wind on this one, and the fate of Jocastu Nu, along with a few other figures of dubious worth, are firmly in the grasp of the collecting public, at least through November 30th. As a reminder, fans should go to WizardUniverse.com (http://www.innovativenethelp.com/wizard/tf_sw/index.php) and vote on which figure they want to see make its way to the line.
[Editor's Note: Agreed very strongly. She's a nasty, old bitty. It would cost more to destroy all of the surplus Jocasta Nu figures that would warm the pegs until we all die from the Mayan/Aztec Calendar in 2012. Above left is a shriveled, old prune that Jocasta Nu fans can use as a stand-in.]

pbarnard
11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Translated...remember the turd bomb we said Yarna would be and was? Well 100000000000 times worse.

Droid
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I guess what I don't understand is why they don't make her a convention exclusive - McQuarrie figures were!

Or put her in a battle pack with Anakin and some Order 66 Clones.

DON'T put her on the pegs as a single carded figure! That would be a disaster!

By the way, I am totally against this figure, but if they are going to make her, don't put her in the Legacy line!

El Chuxter
11-18-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd still like to have her. I really don't see why a pack of Jedi, sold as an exclusive, maybe including Sarissa Jeng (mostly re-used parts), Jocasta Nu (entirely new sculpt), Barriss Offee (entirely new sculpt... but this one could get some mileage as a Legends re-release down the road), maybe Sha'Gai (mostly re-used parts), couldn't be a possibility.

GeonosisJedi
12-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Well...after 6 long months of voting and campaigning....the fans choice poll has officially closed!

Does anyone know when the final results are going to be revealed?

I'm still confident in a JOCASTA NU victory! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Cliegg won. Jocasta Nu got so few votes that they just disqualified her. They're actually going to erase her from the film now. Sorry to break it to you.

GeonosisJedi
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Cliegg won. Jocasta Nu got so few votes that they just disqualified her. They're actually going to erase her from the film now. Sorry to break it to you.

Oh ha ha. Seriously-When will the results be known?

And by the way, If Cliegg does win, I'll still be pleased...Any new prequel character is fine with me.

DarkJedi5
12-06-2009, 04:23 PM
I figure they'll tell us right away, wait until Toy Fair and make a big deal out of it OR wait until Comic Con and show us a painted prototype of the finished figure. I have a feeling it will be Toy Fair.

El Chuxter
12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Jaxxon won in our hearts.

Obsession is Nute
12-06-2009, 10:04 PM
I doubt it will be revealed anytime soon. My money is on Toyfare, at the earliest.

bigbarada
12-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Well...after 6 long months of voting and campaigning....the fans choice poll has officially closed!

Does anyone know when the final results are going to be revealed?

I'm still confident in a JOCASTA NU victory! :thumbsup:

"Campaigning" or "ballot box stuffing?"

Tycho
12-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Pat Robertson won. But there will be a recount in specific counties in Florida and only certain towns in Iran. Stand by.

Obsession is Nute
12-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I know who didn't win...ROTS Nute Gunray!

My heart, thus, loses. But I am used to that now. But I can still complain, anyway.

I mean it has only been four + years since ROTS. It would be totally unreasonable for this plot-centric character with speaking lines to have a figure made.

Instead Hasbro offers the community Willrow Hood and Malakili Redux. It might have been more effiecent for me to mail Hasbro $14.92 and they could send me a box that when I opened it, a hand jumps out and slaps me in the face.

I voted for Jocasta out of spite. I also like Librarians and sassy old women, but mostly bitter, bitter, spite.

El Chuxter
12-13-2009, 08:08 PM
In fairness, no Neimoidian has sold well. Some have been among the worst pegwarmers of the line. That's why we still don't have Tey How.

Course, that seems to negate them re-making Malakili....

Obsession is Nute
12-13-2009, 08:12 PM
In fairness, no Neimoidian has sold well. Some have been among the worst pegwarmers of the line. That's why we still don't have Tey How.

Course, that seems to negate them re-making Malakili....

Alas, I can't argue with you there, Chux. :: Sighs.::

But I can't deny my heart, even if Hasbro does!

elvandrik
12-13-2009, 08:38 PM
I guess what I don't understand is why they don't make her a convention exclusive - McQuarrie figures were!

Or put her in a battle pack with Anakin and some Order 66 Clones.

DON'T put her on the pegs as a single carded figure! That would be a disaster!

By the way, I am totally against this figure, but if they are going to make her, don't put her in the Legacy line!

I'm not against making any unproduced figure, but I am against releasing them in a way that might damage the line. I think they should release the most popular 3 Fans Choice figures in a single scene pack. Putting them on single cards is too risky.

GeonosisJedi
12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
I know who didn't win...ROTS Nute Gunray!

My heart, thus, loses. But I am used to that now. But I can still complain, anyway.

I mean it has only been four + years since ROTS. It would be totally unreasonable for this plot-centric character with speaking lines to have a figure made.

Instead Hasbro offers the community Willrow Hood and Malakili Redux. It might have been more effiecent for me to mail Hasbro $14.92 and they could send me a box that when I opened it, a hand jumps out and slaps me in the face.

I voted for Jocasta out of spite. I also like Librarians and sassy old women, but mostly bitter, bitter, spite.

I'm glad to hear that you lent your support to Jocasta! :D
Thank you!

And by the way, I totally agree with you that we need a ROTS Nute Gunray. Yeah, it may be true that the Neimoidians have pegwarmed...but even so, Im all for a ROTS Nute...and Tey How-both would be very nice to see!

TheDarthVader
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
I hope it is an OT character; preferably a cantina or jabba alien.

Tycho
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Primary Niemoidians that have NO figure are both from TPM: Tey How, who's most notably different, and Capt. Daultry Dofine "the stunted slime."

Nute does need a ROTS sculpt, too. He might sell better because of his continued appearance in the CW cartoon show. However, that just begs an animated figure of him - which I'd also want.

Droid
12-14-2009, 04:31 PM
What is wrong with the two Nutes we already have?

DarkJedi5
12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
What is wrong with the two Nutes we already have?

Different outfits:

Tycho
12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Actually, I like the ROTS look best for Nute.

Droid
12-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I hope you get the figures you want, but I could never get too caught up in that kind of thing. People talking about different hair for Chewie or outfit modifications between movies for Vader.

I don't care if they ever make a ROTS Owen or Beru; the AOTC versions were fine with me.

Neuroleptic
12-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Here's an idea: how about Flashback Jocasta Nu? It could be a figure based on her from when she was 16. And, of course, like all good female EU Jedi, she'd be dressed like a streetwalker.

Maybe she could come in a 2-pack with young Jira, from when she won the Miss Tatooine pageant and was abducted by Jango Fett's grandfather, the notorious Merle Fett, and young Jocasta saved her from being sold to Zorba the Hutt (who wanted to make her a third birthday present for his son Jabba)!!

By god I like it! Hasbro should so do this! Theyd make hundereds, maybe even THOUSANDS of dollars off that! I hope they roll with it!

:rolleyes:

Tycho
12-15-2009, 04:11 AM
How about a Jocasta Nu Evolutions set?

Padawan Jocasta
Librarian Jocasta (AOTC)
Dead Jocasta (ROTS)

Or you could do Spirit Jocasta, too, and re-cast the AOTC mold in translucent blue.

Cane_Adiss
12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I would buy the Neimoidians, they are all on my wish lists just not as high up. I don't really understand why the Neimoidian warrior pegwarmed to the extent it did, but the ones in gowns I think it's easy to see why they sat. Plus none of them came with any sort of weapon even though some of them had hands that could hold them.

mtriv73
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
How about a Jocasta Nu Evolutions set?

Padawan Jocasta
Librarian Jocasta (AOTC)
Dead Jocasta (ROTS)

Or you could do Spirit Jocasta, too, and re-cast the AOTC mold in translucent blue.

Don't forget about Jocasta Nu Hologram transmission.

I'm surprised they haven't made her Jedi Starfighter yet (everyone else seems to have at least one.) It would probably have one of those kowackian monkey lizards reading a book for nose art.

El Chuxter
12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Can't wait for Lava Reflection Jocasta Nu. And they can do Shadow Jocasta Nu and Metallic Anniversary Edition Jocasta Nu, too.

Tycho
12-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Holiday Jocasta Nu will feature antlers. How about that?

But Mtriv73 is right: they haven't made her Jedi Starfighter yet. That's not fair. All the other Jedi have Jedi Starfighters.

Like Obi-Wan's hyperspace ring, Jocasta's should come with an accessory, too. I'd think an anti-grav sled library cart that gets towed behind the ship would be nice.

And instead of the requisite Jedi starfighter headset piece that Obi-Wan and Anakin pilot figures come with, Jocasta should have a pair of those giant dark glasses that old people wear while driving! Oh man, that would make her THE most classic action figure Hasbro has made since a fat guy with a bubble-tummy running with an Ice Cream Maker.

Let's think of some bumper-sticker slogans for Jocasta's starfighter...

Droid
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Let's think of some bumper-sticker slogans for Jocasta's starfighter...

Honk if you peg warm!

or maybe:

Star Wars Toys 1995-2010

Qui-Long Gone
12-15-2009, 05:38 PM
One sticker reads:
"Sideous Lies,
Grandma Dies!"

She also has another one that reads:
"President Palpatine's Healthcare:
'Cause Librarians Have Lived Long Enough"

She used to have one that read:
"Death Star Panels Kill Old Librarians"

She also had one that went:
"With these insurance rates,
I was lucky to see (order) 66!"

El Chuxter
12-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Her Starfighter should have large, visible headlights. It should also be sculpted so that she can barely see over the steering wheel. The electronics will feature a right turn signal that never shuts off.

Lord Malakite
12-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Jocasta Nu: "Why back in my day lightsabers used to have metal blades and holograms used to appear as 2-D images on flat screens of glass. And as for this library... Everything in it was made out of a thing called paper... For as far as the eye could see!"

Mad Slanted Powers
12-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Her Starfighter should have large, visible headlights. It should also be sculpted so that she can barely see over the steering wheel. The electronics will feature a right turn signal that never shuts off. And her seat belt is hanging out of the cockpit. She learned to drive at the Ballard Driving Academy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBgIvH0tu6Y).

GeonosisJedi
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
While the results of the Fan's Choice Poll are overly dissapointing (Bastila is an easy pass for me), I am pleased to see that Jocasta Nu placed second place.

It has been great to see her gain so much support, and I hope that Hasbro will finally make her in the near future.

I do feel kind of shortchanged by Hasbro, as Bastila was basically in the works to begin with...the same happened in 06 with Quinlan Vos, so they moved down the crown to Revan.

Interesting that the same did not occur here when the runner-up is someone Hasbro has refused to make...

palps45895
01-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Very true, GeonosisJedi!

GO BACK AND READ TOYFARE #WHATEVER WHERE THIS POLL IS ANNOUNCED (I'M TALKING THE AUGUST ISSUE, WHEN THE SITES WERE CONDUCTING THEIR OWN POLLING).

I did not buy the issue, but read it in the bookshop. It said:

Hasbro has made almost all of the last 25, except Bastilla Shan, Bnom Anor, Dead Padme and Anakin Solo. Of those, Anor is coming in spring comic pack (prototype pictured), Padme would probably never be: and Anakin Solo and Bastilla Shan, one would come in 2010 and the other was definitely forthcoming soon after.

Now I realize waves have been rearranged, but that doesn't change the fact that Bastilla was basicly confirmed as forthcoming, although not placed in a specific date or wave yet...

This is actually even more confirmation than Vos got...

Therefore, I really feel cheated. And I think Hasbro owes us an explanation on that and why the runner up isn't getting a figure made since the winner was already planned...

(maybe Hasbro didn't realize ToyFare mag let us know about that juicy bit of info back in August...)

I think these results really smack of another one of those QnA "fake" answers, what a scam!

Droid
01-13-2010, 12:36 AM
How is it a scam They said they didn't want to make Jocasta Nu and wouldn't make her unless she won. They bascially TOLD people to vote like crazy for her and gave her an unfair boost that other characters (except maybe Jaxxon) didn't get.

They promised they would make the winner, not whichever figure on the list ranked the hightest that they didn't otherwise plan to make.

Last time they already planned to make the winner and WANTED to make the runner up so they did as a treat for the fans. That doesn't bind them to do that in the future.

By that logic they really shouldn't allow any figure they already have planned to be in the voting at all, which would tip off who they plan to make before they're willing to announce it.

Given that this site confirmed ballot box stuffing for Jocasta and still allowed her on the list she had every opportunity to win.

I can appreciate wanting the figure - I wanted Yarna - but I don't see how there is anything unfair about this. I don't want the winner or ranked runners up, but it isn't Hasbro's fault my characters didn't win!

TheDarthVader
01-13-2010, 01:11 AM
I can not wait to buy the Jocasta Nu role play lightsaber. I am guessing it would have a crap brown colored blade.

bigbarada
01-13-2010, 02:05 AM
So, the disgusting old bat is never going to be made into a figure, even though she ranked number 2? NICE! :thumbsup: There is a bright side to this after all. :D

Dice Ibegon
01-13-2010, 09:45 AM
So is it definite that Hasbro are not going to make her?
I'm not really that bothered either way as I didn't vote for her, but I'd possibly buy her if they did make her. My choice didn't fare that well, but looks like none of the OT did. I'm still hoping Hasbro will recognise that there is still a market for them out there though.

Beast
01-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, second place isn't bad. Hopefully this means she'll be coming down the pipe eventually.

Surprised to see Darth Plagueis do so well. Though at least he's not entirely EU like Darth Caedus.

And Jaxxon came in 5th? Seriously? I thought Hasbro said he'd never be made regardless.

JediTricks
01-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Second place confirms to me that the voting system didn't have a way to limit voting to 1 per user. Evazan coming in next to last, BEFORE he was confirmed for '11, yet Granny Useless gets 2nd? Bullcrap. That's just ballot stuffing. If nothing else proves it, Jaxxon so much higher than Cliegg Lars sets it in stone. Another worthless, meaningless, hopeless poll from ToyFare/Wizard hampering SW collecting.

Droid
01-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Second place confirms to me that the voting system didn't have a way to limit voting to 1 per user. Evazan coming in next to last, BEFORE he was confirmed for '11, yet Granny Useless gets 2nd? Bullcrap. That's just ballot stuffing. If nothing else proves it, Jaxxon so much higher than Cliegg Lars sets it in stone. Another worthless, meaningless, hopeless poll from ToyFare/Wizard hampering SW collecting.

I do hope that Hasbro realizes the real value of the poll was the individual polling done by each site. Its true some people may go across sites and that there may have been ballot stuffing, but it gave them a good feel, I think, of which figures COLLECTORS most desire when they are deciding which figures appeal to kids AND collectors or which figure to make when they are solely appealing to collectors. I think my thread that showed which figues showed up on the most sites lists was good information.

Tycho
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I think Jocasta Nu will get made because she showed so highly in the poll.

I hope so. I will buy 2 of her figure.

TheDarthVader
01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
I will not buy her. At one time, I would have purchased her, but I do not collect very many PT figures anymore. Jaxxon ranking up there is bullcrap, JT. I agree. What a dumb looking character. I can not believe that OT characters really did that crappy. What a rip!

Old Fossil
01-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Maybe if they actually make Jocasta, they'll go further and make a Spirit of Jocasta Nu that can be used to recreate the library scene in Ghostbusters.

JediTricks
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I do hope that Hasbro realizes the real value of the poll was the individual polling done by each site. Its true some people may go across sites and that there may have been ballot stuffing, but it gave them a good feel, I think, of which figures COLLECTORS most desire when they are deciding which figures appeal to kids AND collectors or which figure to make when they are solely appealing to collectors. I think my thread that showed which figues showed up on the most sites lists was good information.I hope so too. I think I'll make a point to discuss it with them next time I have a face-to-face.

I will not buy her. At one time, I would have purchased her, but I do not collect very many PT figures anymore. Jaxxon ranking up there is bullcrap, JT. I agree. What a dumb looking character. I can not believe that OT characters really did that crappy. What a rip!I don't fault someone for wanting a Jaxxon figure, I agree it's very not Star Warsy though. But for it to rank so highly when it doesn't get a very broad fanbase in the greater collector audience suggests it was more about ballot-stuffing than true votes.

Devo
01-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Jaxxon just reminds me of the Hare pilot from Starwing on the Super Nintendo. While I'm sure Jaxxon predates that I just can't help feel we'd be getting a Starwing character.

I'm not happy with the top 5 at all, it seems clear people multi-voted to get those characters up there. I myself voted a mere once for Taym Dren Garen :pleased:

Buuut anyway, I'm not too annoyed about it because I'm sure Hasbro will use the whole list to determine figure choices in the next 2 years or so.

Tycho
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm going through my boxes of figures in storage and taking inventory for my dioramas. Along the way I'm noting what I could use for figures they don't make.

Thus far I've only really dealt with some of my prequel scenes. It yeilded this list:

TPM:

Ann Gella
Tan Gella
Kitster
Wald

AOTC:

Cliegg Lars
Sentor Tiikes (Quarren of Mon Calamari)

I think the above are amongst the figures I could most appreciate. There are more of course. I only covered Tatooine, Geonosis, Utopau, and Mustafar thus far.

Lord Malakite
01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Jaxxon just reminds me of the Hare pilot from Starwing on the Super Nintendo. While I'm sure Jaxxon predates that I just can't help feel we'd be getting a Starwing character.
Peppy from Star Fox? Though I suppose it was Star Wing for you, seeing as you are from Ireland. Stupid regional trademark/naming differences. I'm glad that Nintendo finally took care of that mess.

Blue2th
01-15-2010, 06:19 PM

If Hasbro has any brains they will see this. Too bad the selfish have to ruin it for others.

While I like Jaxxon, there's no way he should have beat out the movie character Cliegg.

It was fun at the time, and aside from trying to get CW cartoon characters on the ballot to no avail, I could see it was going to go to a worse case scenario fairly early on.
I guess a pessimist is never surprised, and I'm not.

Hope you choke on it ballot stuffers.

bigbarada
01-15-2010, 06:49 PM

Do you think we can revive my question about the fairness of the Fan Choice Poll now that the results are posted?

JediTricks
01-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Remind me of it please. I don't know if we'll get a very good answer out of a Q&A question though, publicly they have to protect their relationship. That's why I'd rather discuss it with them in person. But maybe it could go in Q&A first.

jedibear
01-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I never even heard of the "character" who won.
These "fan's choice" things have become a joke....

Mad Slanted Powers
01-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Well, I had never heard of Ephant Mon before he won. Bastila was one of the main characters in one of the best Star Wars video games of all time. She was one of my top choices.

Beast
01-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Not sure why some of you guys have so much hate for Jocasta Nu.

She was a pretty cool character. And I would have happily bought her if she had won.

She really had a very interesting look, for an old lady with a lightsaber.

She's certainly a cooler choice than lame long requested characters like Ice Cream Maker Guy. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2010, 02:08 PM

She was a pretty cool character. And I would have happily bought her if she had won.

She's certainly a cooler choice than lame long requested characters like Ice Cream Maker Guy. :p
I don't hate her. And I would buy her figure if they made it. But she's not anywhere near the top of my list, and I won't be heartbroken if they never get to her.

However, there are a few aspects to this issue. For one, Hasbro has said that, if she were produced, they don't think she would sell to a broad audience and would further damage the already-fragile line, and thus they don't want to produce her. Many people accepted this and moved on.

Other people - very, very few other people - took this as a challenge and pushed for her to be made, registering at multiple sites to drum up nonexistent support and likely voting for her multiple times. It seems like there's a few people who want her a lot, but not a lot of people who want her in general.

This angered other collectors who wanted other figures made - ones that they thought were more deserving or more interesting. Hasbro has said that making Jocasta Nu would hurt the line, and most people don't want to do that. This has caused, I believe, some backlash against a character who wasn't ever very popular to begin with. She's a cranky, close-minded old bat; a librarian is not the most interesting character they can make. When people see a few collectors pushing hard for Jocasta Nu, they want to push back.

I suppose, though, it's not too different from other times Hasbro has said they don't want to make a figure. Just about every time, this made collectors ask for that figure even more, to show that there was indeed support - we've seen this with Yarna, Willrow Hood, funeral pyre Vader, and perhaps most famously, the Tonnikas (though now most people are hopefully aware of the situation there).

Old Fossil
01-16-2010, 07:17 PM

I think it's a generational thing, Prequels vs. Original Trilogy.

I bought Willrow without giving it too much thought. I like OT background characters... even chubby dudes in orange jumpsuits with too much Soul Glow and a cheesy prop.

Conversely, I never even gave Jeremoch Colton a chance in Hades. This is a guy who pilots something important in ROTS, I guess. He's got a blue suit, and a blaster. He definitely had a bigger role in his film than Willrow had in his. But I'll never buy Colton, mainly 'cause PT background characters don't remotely excite me any more. Same for Jocasta Nun. I have no sentimental attachment to her, like I do to OT background characters. I'll buy another Willrow before I buy 1 Jocasta. And I don't plan on buying another Willrow.

I like to think most others who oppose a figure of Jocasta are of similar mind... sentimental old fools for the OT, like me.:D

Beast
01-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Yet you're sporting an avatar of Saesee Tiin, who had an even smaller role than Jocasta Nu in the PT. ;)

At least Jocasta Nu actually had some lines of dialogue. And wasn't just alien set dressing.

JediTricks
01-16-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't hate Jocasta Nu - although I'm not fond of her, she's not well-written and the acting doesn't help either. But she is among the very last figures I'd ever want to see produced. I loathe what she stands for to many of her so-called "fans", the idea that everything must be made simply because it appeared on screen, no consideration to what they'd do with it, just gotta catch 'em all, and bulldoze her through no matter what, to fulfill a hollow need that will be totally forgotten the second they actually have her and move onto the next needless "need".

Turbowars
01-16-2010, 09:34 PM
This figure is to the PT fans as Hood is to OT fans. Stupid release, but glad I have Good Old Ice Cream Man in my collection.

These days I don't even consider PT, CW or EU to be SW. So I sure wont be picking this waste of place up.

bigbarada
01-16-2010, 10:46 PM
I like to think most others who oppose a figure of Jocasta are of similar mind... sentimental old fools for the OT, like me.:D

This would be me.:) Although, I was against the idea of Willrow being made into a figure from the very beginning and I still am to a small degree. It took a bit to actually convince me to buy him.

However, now that he is made, we can forget about him. He's in my collection; but I really don't care about him one way or the other. With the exception of Imperials and Rebel Pilots, humans were always the most boring characters to me as a kid.

I don't hate Jocasta Nu - although I'm not fond of her, she's not well-written and the acting doesn't help either. But she is among the very last figures I'd ever want to see produced. I loathe what she stands for to many of her so-called "fans", the idea that everything must be made simply because it appeared on screen, no consideration to what they'd do with it, just gotta catch 'em all, and bulldoze her through no matter what, to fulfill a hollow need that will be totally forgotten the second they actually have her and move onto the next needless "need".

Yeah, I would agree with this. I can think of several Jabba's Palace characters and even a few Skiff/Sail Barge Guards that I really don't want to see made into action figure form. They're the human characters, for the most part, along with a few of the recycled ANH aliens.

For me, I choose background characters that I want made into action figures based on the following criteria:

1. It MUST be a character designed for a Star Wars movie or television program released prior to 1987. Any Prequel or Clone Wars exceptions to this rule are dealt with on a case by case basis using the next five steps...

2. Is he a cool looking alien? - this is the most important factor, as the alien characters trump all else in the Star Wars universe.

3. Will the character translate well into action figure form? - alien characters that can be super-articulated are preferred over aliens that would only be able to stand around and fill a diorama. In other words, would this be a fun figure to play with outside in the dirt?

4. Is it an aggressive, action-oriented character? - I tend to prefer the tough-guy aliens who look like formidable fighters. Cute is only acceptable for Ewoks, pretty is only acceptable for Twilek chicks.

5. If the character is human, is he a pilot or an Imperial? - humans are fine as long as they are wearing cool uniforms or have lots of high-tech looking gear.

6. If the character is female and not Princess Leia, does she at least look a little bit sleezy? - virtuous women = boring action figures.;)

So, I definitely don't fall into the "one figure for every onscreen character" club. Also, relevance to the plot and actual screen time are not important as long as all six of the requirements above are met.

Old Fossil
01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Yet you're sporting an avatar of Saesee Tiin, who had an even smaller role than Jocasta Nu in the PT. ;)

True, but I've always liked Sassy (no real idea why), and am currently promoting a lost cause that involves his Saga Legends action figure.:D

And hey, Sassy was one of the legendary Three Wusses Who Got Served By Sidious (TWWGSBS), so he's got a much, much larger place in the PT than Jocasta Nu.

Blue2th
01-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I could accept a Jocasta Nu if she was legitimate, but as we all know, she got her votes illegitimately. Therefore she should be disqualified.
I have no problem with buying one of her figure, but the stuffing for Toyfare poll has given her an infamous reputation as a figure to be made.

See what you did. In your haste to get her made, you blasphemed and shamed her. Way to go! Now you will suffer and never get what you desire the most! :whip: ;)

They are nixing her and saying it would hurt the line, which she could, but we all suspect the real reason she won't get made now. Wait another five years and she might get the Ice Cream Maker Guy treatment... a figure that I rather like now that I have him.

Devo
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I would agree with this. I can think of several Jabba's Palace characters and even a few Skiff/Sail Barge Guards that I really don't want to see made into action figure form. They're the human characters, for the most part, along with a few of the recycled ANH aliens.

I would consider just about anyone made from these scenes a priority, humans included. Some would be more exciting than others but anything that fills the diorama.....

For me, I choose background characters that I want made into action figures based on the following criteria:

1. It MUST be a character designed for a Star Wars movie or television program released prior to 1987. Any Prequel or Clone Wars exceptions to this rule are dealt with on a case by case basis using the next five steps...

I agree with this. The prequels are just too ridiculously full to ever have a hope of literally completing a scene like you almost can with the OT. A lack of an overall nostalgiac factor means that I would never push for an obscure PT character to be made like I would the OT. And anything outside the films really doesn't count at all to me unless a figure could potentially pass for an OT-esque backgrounder who would never be made otherwise. The Talon Kaarde figure kinda looks like someone you'd see walking around Mos Eisley for example so I would have bought him had I seen him.

2. Is he a cool looking alien? - this is the most important factor, as the alien characters trump all else in the Star Wars universe.

They may be more interesting in appearance but at the same time I don't want a collection in which the only humans are the main characters. Humans are as much part of the diversity of the Star Wars universe as an alien.

3. Will the character translate well into action figure form? - alien characters that can be super-articulated are preferred over aliens that would only be able to stand around and fill a diorama. In other words, would this be a fun figure to play with outside in the dirt?

Since I don't play with my figures I don't really care how 'playable with' they are. I'm perfectly happy to have any figure that will merely help fill a diorama as long as its a diorama I am interested in creating based off a worthy scene. The Jedi Library with all of its, what, 3 characters (unusual restraint though from Lucas!!) is not a worthy scene unless you actually build the library itself and even then it'd be a very empty diorama - if you're to be scene accurate about it.

4. Is it an aggressive, action-oriented character? - I tend to prefer the tough-guy aliens who look like formidable fighters. Cute is only acceptable for Ewoks, pretty is only acceptable for Twilek chicks.

This looks like it ties into the 'playability' factor. Again, while those are obviously more exciting I don't object to them mixing it up a bit with the more passive looking characters since those kinds of characters, if left to last, would likely never end up being made. And yeah for the sake of completing those scenes that I'm interested in this would slightly bother me inasmuch as not having a plastic figure of a superobscure star wars character can.

5. If the character is human, is he a pilot or an Imperial? - humans are fine as long as they are wearing cool uniforms or have lots of high-tech looking gear.

OK but the lack of diversity would be kinda annoying to me. ALL humans are military or at least pilots? Thats not how it is in Star Wars. Its hypocritical I guess but I don't care about any PT or EU plain humans but my OT devotion is such that I'd take any. I won't go mental if Hasbro keep ignoring the contingent of human hanger-ons in Jabbas palace, it'd be understandable, but I'd happily buy them if made because it wasn't ALL aliens and Luke.

6. If the character is female and not Princess Leia, does she at least look a little bit sleezy? - virtuous women = boring action figures.;)

I guess I just don't define 'boring' in the same sense that some of you guys do. Again I don't play with my figures so I don't require that they have 40 POA or that they kicked *** in the film. I'm a diorama guy and particularly with regard to the OT 'Boring' characters are as at home in my diorama as the aliens. I'll pick them up and look at them, rearrange them but ultimately they'll just stand in a diorama. I'm fine with that.

Lord Malakite
01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
If the character is female and not Princess Leia, does she at least look a little bit sleezy? - virtuous women = boring action figures.;)
Jocasta Nu as Jabba's Prisoner :thumbsup:

pbarnard
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Jocasta Nu as Jabba's Prisoner :thumbsup:

I think Geonosis Jedi just did something...prematurely. :tired:

GeonosisJedi
01-19-2010, 12:07 AM
I think Geonosis Jedi just did something...prematurely. :tired:

You are all sick. This comment is not necessary-I created this topic to merely discuss opinions on the possible creation of a Jocasta Nu figure.

Just because you don't like my character preference doesn't mean I should be endlessly persecuted on the subject.

I voted for Jocasta, and I won't apologize for it. While some like OT backround characters that say nothing, I DO prefer PT characters that actually had a role!

How can Jocasta Nu bring down this line? If Hasbro was willing to take the risk on Willrow Hood (A figure I have yet to see!) than I think Jocasta Nu wouldn't hurt.

pbarnard
01-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Yarna (peg warmed), The Organas (peg warmed), Willrow Hood (after initial excitement for the droid part dies), Jocasta Nu will eventually all peg warm. Ask Hasbro about Legacy sales. I'm waiting to see how long Malaki (sp) peg warms comparted to his PotF2 version, because even at 98 cents, that guy didn't move.

The system was broke, but if a small group had the lack of life to write a bot or just sit there and press a button, you obviously care way to much about this and need some other help/aspect to your life. Full disclosure, I did vote 5 times for Pelleon, but after 40 seconds, I had to go back to work and just sort of forgot about the whole thing.

I'm going to go back and look over the 10 ten from the various sites. The top 5 don't often appear at the top, but they do appear on a plurality of lists. The top of the lists vary widely from site to site. So it could end up being a track/wrestling meet thing where things at middle to bottom for being consistent, end up being rewarded, and the characters who feasted or famined by being named or not didn't do as well. The only two that make sense on where they appear is Shan and Nu. Cliegg Lars, if the plurality of sites submitting him, should've shown higher. Some EU figs had high support going in, much higher than some movie figures.

Sickness...Truth...Sickness....Truth. Dificult to see, always in motion they are.

Droid
01-19-2010, 12:01 PM
I voted for Jocasta, and I won't apologize for it.

How many times did you vote for her?

bigbarada
01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
How many times did you vote for her?

He's not apologizing for the first 50 votes. However, votes #51-500,000 he probably should apologize for.

Tycho
01-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't remember who I voted for - probably Cliegg Lars.

I'm pretty sure I only voted once.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
I wasn't sure who I wanted to vote for, so I didn't vote. I suppose I could have voted for more than one, but that just shows that the processed was flawed. With so many choices, the votes will be spread out and no one will get a large percentage. Ranking them like we did here, or rating them like they did at RS probably wouldn't be practical for their poll. Perhaps if they did three rounds, narrowing the field each round, they could get a more clear-cut winner.

Droid
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
I voted once.

Maerj2000
01-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I wasn't sure who I wanted to vote for, so I didn't vote.

Same here. Plus, they say that most of those guys will all be made anyway, so why bother? For me and Jabba's palace or Cantina aliens are a must.

EU stuff is okay as long as its interesting, looks cool or looks like its part of the SW universe. The winner was one character that I never even heard of.

El Chuxter
01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I voted once, for Jaxxon. Though there were a couple I wanted more (like Cliegg), I figure they have a shot at being produced eventually. Jaxxon needed a clear show of support from his (possibly insane) fans.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I voted for Cliegg, but it couldn't have been much more than about 10 times.

Devo
01-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Voted once for Taym Dren Garen. I think he placed third last. If future polls allow multiple voting even from the very same computer like this one did I certainly won't bother voting at all in the final stage - only in the character selection process on each of the sites I'm a member. Here and RS.

palps45895
01-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Strangely enough, Jocasta Nu got more significant screen time and dialogue in last night's episode of Clone Wars... makes you wonder if someone at Lucasfilm is also aiming to change Hasbro's stance on this character, lol.

Blue2th
01-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I think they should make her. Animated. She's gotten more screen time in Clone Wars than AOTC.

Tycho
01-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Though I'd likely buy a Jocasta Nu figure animated-style, I really am interested in purchasing two of her figures in the realistic style.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2010, 02:07 PM
For anyone hoping for an animated Jocasta Nu, don't get your hopes up (and furthermore, please don't beg for one). This is from Jedi Temple Archives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5785/#details):

Q. Questions about everyone's favorite Jedi librarian seem to be on the rise. Especially since Jocasta Nu made the top five for ToyFare's online poll for this year's Fan Choice Figure Poll. But we've also seen comments from Hasbro to the effect that "an old lady librarian" might not go over well with the figure buying fanbase. And Jocasta Nu's dismissive attitude scene in ATTACK OF THE CLONES led to mixed feelings from some about the character.

But fast forward to the debut episode of season 2 of STAR WARS - THE CLONE WARS. And Jocasta Nu is back in the mix, albeit not quite herself. In the episode (sorry, we don't mean to spoil but the episode debuted on October 2nd) bounty hunter Cato Parasitti shapeshifted into Jocasta Nu, to the point where she even had a lightsaber duel with Ahsoka Tano while still disguised as the Jedi librarian. Given this scene's departure from Jocasta Nu's matronly demeanor, might we at the very least see a Clone Wars rendition of Jocasta Nu at some point?

A. Clone Wars is first and foremost a kid-targeted line, so this is the last place where we would do a figure of Jocasta Nu. As for Legacy, despite her showing in the poll, we believe that she would really struggle as a figure. We'll learn a lot of Willrow Hood on whether the fans' choice results can translate into solid support for obscure figures like this.
I've hardly seen Willrow Hood at all, who seems to have been produced in even fewer numbers than the ROTJ wave (as Malakili is still saying hello from many store pegs). So, who knows.

El Chuxter
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Interesting, since Willrow wasn't a Fan's Choice figure, as they imply.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, he was on the last ToyFare list, albeit pretty far down on it.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Plus, he never would have been on Hasbro's radar if not for fans.

El Chuxter
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
But there's a difference between a semi-joke campaign to get the most obscure, ridiculous character imaginable and an official voting campaign sponsored by Hasbro.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
The result is the same. It's a figure that enough people were vocal enough about to make it get noticed. It's a figure they probably would never have come with.

pbarnard
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Hasbro answered yet another variation:

ECHO BASE FORUMS: After her recent appearance in "Holocron Heist" and her second place finish in the Toyfare Fans' Choice Poll, would you say that everyone's favorite Jedi librarian has a pretty good chance of being released? Also, if you were to release Madame Jocasta Nu, would it be in the animated line or the realistic line?

HASBRO: Jocastu Nu remains out of any of our lineups. Despite her appearance in the show, we remained convinced that she would be a figure for whom actual demand would be very low. If we eventually did add her to the line, it would not be in the kid-focused Clone Wars line but would be as part of the realistic, Legacy-style line.

TheDarthVader
02-04-2010, 09:03 PM
HEHEHEHEHEHE...she will never be made. End of story. Sorry for those who wanted her, but there are sooooo many other figures I would buy that could take her spot in a wave.

Tycho
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
We actually need 4 Jocasta Nu figures: realistic and animated, 2 with soft-goods so you can recreate the action of her sitting down in the library!