PDA

View Full Version : JOCASTA NU for FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Pages : [1] 2

GeonosisJedi
08-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Jocasta Fans, UNITE

Is there any one else out there who feels that Jocasta Nu needs to be made into an action figure? I have wanted to see this Jedi Librarian in action figure form for quite a while, and now we have a chance to make it happen!

I urge my fellow Star Wars fans, please cast a vote for Jocasta Nu.
This character deserves to be made into a great figure.

I'd love to see her come with a lightsaber and even a Count Dooku bust...this character has great potential as a figure.

Please let me know your thoughts on her and if you will be voting for her, I would love to hear feedback.

JOCASTA NU
for Fan's Choice Figure

Devo
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Hmm. Unfortunately I wouldn't vote for her. For my purposes she just wouldn't be much of any use. Apart from the OT where I will buy absolutely everyone that had screentime, I'm very specifically diorama focussed when it comes to the PT. The jedi library in AOTC was an empty scene, hardly any visible characters to fill out an action figure diorama. Unless we somehow got a Library 'playset' or ready-made diorama I wouldn't see the point in setting up the scene with all of 2 figures, obi-wan and Jocasta, when I don't even have a backdrop to display them against. Geonosis arena and geonosis war-room are a different story though. Those jedi, droids, and seperatist leaders are most welcome. I didn't vote for any PT characters but if I had I'd have given Tikkes a vote. He draws my eye any time I watch that film.

Blue2th
08-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Well for one thing she's not very opened minded. If it's not in the archives it doesn't exist.

I have enough trouble with people who don't like to be confused with the non-facts. ;)

pbarnard
08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Super Articulated Salacious Crumb. C'mon Hasbro, you want a challenge, there it is.

JediTricks
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
She would literally be the last figure I'd vote for. I find the idea of a librarian action figure to be incredibly boring, and her character in the movie is quite closed-minded, just as Blue2th points out. Plus, her acting in the scene is rather stiff even for the Jedi Temple which is full of crappy acting. She would make the most boring figure of all time, an old lady non-alien.

Qui-Long Gone
08-06-2009, 06:11 PM
closed-minded...acting in the scene is rather stiff even for the Jedi Temple which is full of crappy acting

You mean Anakin? :D

I agree JT, a librarian action figure would be as if (back in the day) GI Joe had issued a figure called: Tammy Skinner, Civilian office assistant to General Hawk (complete with rocket-launching keyboard and hand grenade calculator)....or if Transformers had done a non-robot-transforming truck named Hauler whose only job it was to store all the Autobots weapons when they were in vehicle form....

Sorry Jocasta, you're even more useless than a Gungan on Tatooine...:cry:

Tycho
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I want Jocasta Nu for my Jedi Library diorama. Librarians are cool.

I think she could come packed with a shoulder-mounted proton torpedo launcher to make her more fun for the kids.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I just changed my avatar and signature to reflect what I want the outcome of this poll to be.

Cliegg Lars: hope, change, and levitating-wheelchair-bound action figures.

DarkJedi5
08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Do you think they'd ever do an EU version that has both legs? Or maybe removable legs with snap in stumps....

Snowtrooper
08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
If they made the figure, I'd probably buy it, but its definitely nothing I'm clamoring for. There are far more interesting characters to be made.

El Chuxter
08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Good call, JJL. Good call.

GeonosisJedi
08-07-2009, 04:46 PM
She would literally be the last figure I'd vote for. I find the idea of a librarian action figure to be incredibly boring, and her character in the movie is quite closed-minded, just as Blue2th points out. Plus, her acting in the scene is rather stiff even for the Jedi Temple which is full of crappy acting. She would make the most boring figure of all time, an old lady non-alien.

Jocasta Nu is a great character! Though she was very trusting in the technology she oversaw, she was a very intelligent and gifted Jedi. She was a member of the Jedi Council before taking on the post of Chief librarian.

In my opinion, I think most of the aliens fans are trying to get votes for are boring. Jedi are great characters , and make excellent figures.

If she were to come with a lightsaber and a bust of Count Dooku, this would be an amazing figure!

JOCASTA NU for FAN's CHOICE FIGURE
"Vote you should, for Jocasta Nu"-Yoda

pbarnard
08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll have to come up with a saying in Vong later, something along the lines of, "Submit to the Yuuzhan Vong warrior, or die infadels." Yuuzhan Vong don't vote.

Jeedai Librarians are the first to be slain!!!

bigbarada
08-07-2009, 04:53 PM
KITHABA FOR FAN CHOICE FIGURE!!!!

Just thought I would throw that in there. :yes: And I don't need to change my avatar to reflect my preference since I've had this one for quite some time now and will ONLY replace it with a photograph of the Kithaba action figure from Hasbro.

So I might have it for a while.... :(

No offense, GeonosisJedi, but I have no real interest in purchasing a Jocasta Nu action figure.

Now if Jocasta was a CG Shark who spoke with a Mexican accent, then I'd buy a figure of her. :D (Is anyone even going to get that reference?)

GeonosisJedi
08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
I'll have to come up with a saying in Vong later, something along the lines of, "Submit to the Yuuzhan Vong warrior, or die infadels." Yuuzhan Vong don't vote.

Jeedai Librarians are the first to be slain!!!

Yuuzhan Vong= The worst thing that ever happened to the Star Wars universe.

I cannot stand any post-ROTJ EU...It ruins the saga

C'mon people., at least support descent characters that were in the FILMS!

And no offense taken, BigBarada.

bigbarada
08-07-2009, 05:12 PM

If I'm forced to pick only Ep2 figures to release, then she'd be number 2 right underneath Cliegg Lars. I wouldn't buy her (or Cliegg), but I wouldn't want to deny another fan the chance to buy a figure they really want.

I just hope they release Kithaba and a couple of other Skiff Guards before any wave that includes Cliegg and Jocasta, because I fear the ax would drop soon after that. :cross-eye

pbarnard
08-07-2009, 05:12 PM

Most people might say the Prequals...and Librarian Jedi not named Odan Urr. :thumbsup:

The amphistaff is going right through her heart.

GeonosisJedi
08-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Most people might say the Prequals...and Librarian Jedi not named Odan Urr. :thumbsup:

The amphistaff is going right through her heart.

You spelled prequel wrong.
And if you honestly believe that Timothy Zahn had a better impact on the Star Wars universe than George Lucas's prequels did...thats sad.

And the "amphistaff" would have little effect if the Librarian took out her lightsaber and cut down your obnoxious book character before it had a chance.

:thumbsup:

pbarnard
08-07-2009, 05:49 PM
The librarian would first have to know where her lightsaber is. Since she can't find a planet, small things might fluster her.

Teek could take Jocasta Nu in a street fight...actually so could Cindel Towani.

If you want a Jedi Librarian, vote for Odan Urr. He stopped the Sith (three times over a few millenia). Founded a library at Ossuss. And never was shown to be an idiot to the fellow Jedi.

Tycho
08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Actually, the Count Dooku bust (on a pedastool) would make a great accessory for Jocasta Nu. But if you looked at the recent Trek figures, their work stations to build the Enterprise Bridge were packed-in. Maybe this could work for the desk and computer that Obi-Wan sat at while Jocasta Nu helped him? The SA Obi-Wan could certainly sit down.

El Chuxter
08-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Teek could take anyone in the Star Wars universe if he really wanted to. He makes the Flash look like a slowpoke, so he's tough to fight. Luckily, he's a lover, not a fighter, and he prefers to spend his days eating Quaker Instant Oatmeal, because it's the right thing to do!

In all seriousness, Jocasta doesn't quite break into my top 10, but I'd buy her in a heartbeat if she's not, say, packed into a $60 BattlePack with rehashed Anakin and Obi-Wan figures. I saw her as one of the few moments of subtle storytelling in AOTC--her arrogance and inflexibility is emblematic of what the Jedi have become.

But the Vong, if they could take down guys like Anakin Solo and come really close to finishing off Corran Horn, would waste her in a second. (For the record, the EU ends with the NJO in my book, after which point everyone lives happily ever after and there are never any more Sith.)

GeonosisJedi
08-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Actually, the Count Dooku bust (on a pedastool) would make a great accessory for Jocasta Nu. But if you looked at the recent Trek figures, their work stations to build the Enterprise Bridge were packed-in. Maybe this could work for the desk and computer that Obi-Wan sat at while Jocasta Nu helped him? The SA Obi-Wan could certainly sit down.

Thats a good suggestion, Tycho. An accessory like that would be great, especially if it could work with the new Obi Wan.

GeonosisJedi
08-07-2009, 07:42 PM
The librarian would first have to know where her lightsaber is. Since she can't find a planet, small things might fluster her.

Teek could take Jocasta Nu in a street fight...actually so could Cindel Towani.

If you want a Jedi Librarian, vote for Odan Urr. He stopped the Sith (three times over a few millenia). Founded a library at Ossuss. And never was shown to be an idiot to the fellow Jedi.

I dont know...weve never actually seen Jocasta in a fight...just because shes old doesnt mean she cant fight...look at Dooku or Palpatine for example.

As for Odun Urr...id prefer a character from the FILMS to be fans choice

El Chuxter
08-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I think she should come with a Dooku bust, and it should dispense Pez.

GeonosisJedi
08-08-2009, 10:10 AM
A Pez Despenser of the Jedi Busts...that would be most interesting

Maerj2000
08-08-2009, 10:36 AM
LOL, I'd def buy a Jedi bust Pez Dispenser set!

Anyway, I don't see any problem with a Jocasta Nu figure, they're making Wilrow Hood, a guy I had to look up to find out he was a guy in one shot who ran with an ice cream maker. At least Jocasta had lines in the movie.

I like the idea of her coming with a lightsaber and possibly the bust. Maybe they could make all the busts and have a special thing where one could come with a different Jedi figure? She could also come with a Youngling... maybe a special set of obscure Jedi?

I like the Cliegg Lars figure idea as well and would def buy one of those! Extra removeable legs, hover chair, great idea!

GeonosisJedi
08-08-2009, 12:40 PM
LOL, I'd def buy a Jedi bust Pez Dispenser set!

Anyway, I don't see any problem with a Jocasta Nu figure, they're making Wilrow Hood, a guy I had to look up to find out he was a guy in one shot who ran with an ice cream maker. At least Jocasta had lines in the movie.

I like the idea of her coming with a lightsaber and possibly the bust. Maybe they could make all the busts and have a special thing where one could come with a different Jedi figure? She could also come with a Youngling... maybe a special set of obscure Jedi?

I like the Cliegg Lars figure idea as well and would def buy one of those! Extra removeable legs, hover chair, great idea!

EXACTLY! If they can make many figures that had no lines at all in the films, then Hasbro very well should make Jocasta Nu.

And I like your suggestion about the Busts coming with a jedi...that would be a great thing to build up the Jedi Archives scene.

I would definately love to see Hasbro release more Jedi...especially the "obscure" ones that have been seen in the backround.

As for Cliegg, I would also be pleased if he were elected the Fans Choice figure. While my support goes to Jocasta, Cliegg would be a very cool figure indeed. He is a character thats never been made before, and would be a great addition to any collection.

I love Attack of the Clones, so any new character being made from that film is virtually fine with me.

Madame
JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

El Chuxter
08-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Jocasta should be in a two-pack with Jira, and come with a specially-comissioned comic drawn by Jim Lee. That way, we could be sure of both of the "old lady" characters selling.

GeonosisJedi
08-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Jocasta should be in a two-pack with Jira, and come with a specially-comissioned comic drawn by Jim Lee. That way, we could be sure of both of the "old lady" characters selling.

that would be quite interesting...

Tycho
08-09-2009, 06:19 AM
I love Attack of the Clones, so any new character being made from that film is virtually fine with me.

I'm a diorama builder (at least I was before I moved and I will be once again in the future) so I am serious about wanting these characters.

From AOTC, in Club Outlander, I want Nyrat Agira, as well as a ton of unmade Padmes, who's a main character for the Force's sake!

GeonosisJedi
08-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm a diorama builder (at least I was before I moved and I will be once again in the future) so I am serious about wanting these characters.

From AOTC, in Club Outlander, I want Nyrat Agira, as well as a ton of unmade Padmes, who's a main character for the Force's sake!

Yes! Many AOTC Padmes would make great action figures too! I would love to see the Loyalist Committee Padme.

Even if none of the figures we want from AOTC win Fan's Choice, I hope Hasbro gives us a good AOTC wave in the near future with a new Padmes, Jocasta Nu and Cliegg Lars.

Tycho
08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Cliegg Lars and Jocasta Nu just MADE THE LIST.

No. 4 and No. 7 most-wanted respectively (on the offical vote-count list). Now we can vote for those Padmes from AOTC. I also have Queen Jamilla as No. 8 on my list.

28 of my Top 30 are all Expanded Universe or PT figures. After 4 kick-off years of POTF2, many of my OT figures I've wanted got a jump-start on being covered by Hasbro already.

JediTricks
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
By putting Jocasta Nu on there, basically the fans have proven that they want the line to go under that much faster, because almost none of you are going to actually buy it, nobody else is going to buy it, and the concept of "fans choice" gets flushed down the toilet as a meaningless exercise that hampers rather than benefits the line. It also suggests the line is totally exhausted of any good ideas if old lady action figures are the best that the fan community can come up with. But that's your prerogative, short-sighted self-interests first and foremost.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2009, 05:30 PM
By putting Jocasta Nu on there, basically the fans have proven that they want the line to go under that much faster, because almost none of you are going to actually buy it, nobody else is going to buy it, and the concept of "fans choice" gets flushed down the toilet as a meaningless exercise that hampers rather than benefits the line. It also suggests the line is totally exhausted of any good ideas if old lady action figures are the best that the fan community can come up with. But that's your prerogative, short-sighted self-interests first and foremost.
Hey, calm down there, guy. Don't open it to a vote if you can't handle the results. :p

El Chuxter
08-09-2009, 05:34 PM
If they make Jocasta Nu as impossible to find as the McQuarrie Stormtrooper or Darth Cobra Commander, there should be no problem with a glut.

JediTricks
08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey, calm down there, guy. Don't open it to a vote if you can't handle the results. :p
I can handle it, I'm just giving you guys a taste of what the score really is on this. You should know what a vote for a goofy figure like Jocasta Nu really means. It's the truth, every time Jocasta Nu comes up as a figure fans claim they want to own, it makes it that much harder to respect the fans' wishes or value their input. If the fans want to shoot themselves in the foot like that though, then so be it. Hopefully the brand management can at least address the issue to minimize the impact of foolish choices.

El Chuxter
08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
For good or for ill, we're geeks. Weird things like snarky old ladies with lightsabers appeal to us.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I can handle it, I'm just giving you guys a taste of what the score really is on this. You should know what a vote for a goofy figure like Jocasta Nu really means. It's the truth, every time Jocasta Nu comes up as a figure fans claim they want to own, it makes it that much harder to respect the fans' wishes or value their input. If the fans want to shoot themselves in the foot like that though, then so be it. Hopefully the brand management can at least address the issue to minimize the impact of foolish choices.
If fans say they want it, then they want it. Fan-centric choices do well when Hasbro doesn't go overboard on producing them (see: Yarna). Hasbro has said that the Spacetrooper wan't even on their radar until fans brought it up, and they said it's one of their strongest sellers, so there's two sides to this coin. They should realize by now that people who vote in these polls and talk on message boards don't always represent collectors as a whole - sure, they're making Willrow Hood this year per our suggestion, but that's one figure out of 46 TLC figures this year, and they're still plugging right along without our input.

Anyway, we still have to see how the other sites vote, and how well she does in the end; I don't think there's any reason to cry wolf just yet.

Old Fossil
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I won't be buying a Jocasta Nu figure. Who wants a librarian action figure??? I'll admit that my own choice (which did not make the cut) is probably boring to some -- an alien with a couple of seconds of screen time. But this is Star Wars!!! I mean, no kid is going to want to buy this old lady. Few collectors will. Hasbro will take a hit and will shelve the Fans' Choice idea for a few years again. They'll come to the (correct) conclusion that collectors apparently can't be trusted to make good decisions.

JT is absolutely right.

JediTricks
08-09-2009, 05:59 PM
For good or for ill, we're geeks. Weird things like snarky old ladies with lightsabers appeal to us.Tell that to Yarna still pegwarming a year after release. Fans claim they want stuff but since they aren't the dominant buying power in the brand, even the stuff they do want needs some level of support. "Be careful what you wish for, you may get it" is a dangerous curse sometimes.

If fans say they want it, then they want it.Yeah right. Tell that to Yarna or Willrow Hood, we'll see how true that really is. Fans are sometimes fickle and sometimes silly. There are lots of examples of fans asking for something they then didn't support. That's why they're fans and not brand managers. I don't remember M'iiyoom Onith or Elis Helrot selling well in '07. Going off Tycho's top 50 list, General Veers was #2, it tanked. Hermi Odle was #3, not a hot seller here after the first month. Lando Smuggler was #6, epic fail of a figure. Han Torture was high on the list, not a great seller. Jango out of armor, same. Wioslea, at best a moderate seller here. Luke Medical Frigate is a recent pegwarmer. Biggs Academy wasn't hot stuff. Leia Medical Frigate on KH's list is another recent pegwarmer. Ak-Rev was an epic fail as well. Sometimes fans are right and it's a good thing, others not so much.

Fan-centric choices do well when Hasbro doesn't go overboard on producing them (see: Yarna).That is the opposite of doing well, that is Hasbro basically saying "we choked off production and drained budgets from other figures to get your goofy junk made in low enough numbers that they wouldn't pegwarm too badly".

I won't be buying a Jocasta Nu figure. Who wants a librarian action figure??? I'll admit that my own choice (which did not make the cut) is probably boring to some -- an alien with a couple of seconds of screen time. But this is Star Wars!!! I mean, no kid is going to want to buy this old lady. Few collectors will. Hasbro will take a hit and will shelve the Fans' Choice idea for a few years again. They'll come to the (correct) conclusion that collectors apparently can't be trusted to make good decisions.

JT is absolutely right.Thank you, I'm glad some of my fellow collectors feel the same way.

El Chuxter
08-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I said I wanted Yarna. But I only wanted one. Putting her in more or less equal numbers with ROTJ aliens and core characters just to keep her included droid part available was a horrible mistake.

Geeks want the weird characters. But some of us are realistic enough to know that not everyone does, so they need to be in smaller numbers. Much smaller numbers. I doubt anyone (aside from a few loonies) who wanted Yarna (or Wilrow or any other similar character) saw making her in Luke numbers as anything but a disaster waiting to happen.

Qui-Long Gone
08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
^I'm going to agree that Jocasta Nu will frak up the fan choice poll for several reasons. She would be fine in some sort of Jedi Temple pack: Nu, a couple padawans, a Jedi janitor....but surely this figure will be a greater pegwarmer than ROTS (hey, I didn't make it on film) Mon Matha....

I'm all for owning every figure, but pegwarmers are killers...

Maerj2000
08-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Can we not add to the Jocasta Nu choice a comment such as :

"We would like this figure IF she is included in a Jedi Battle Pack, along with other Jedi figures fans might want?"

This way the hardcore guys get what they want, a Jocasta fig, without damaging the regular line and creating another pegwarmer. JT will be able to sleep well at night, fans will be happy and there won't be another pegwarmer.

I just want to add that another thing to think about here is that the entire SW series isn't just a Clone Wars, good guy army vs bad guy army kind of thing. GI Joe, Clone Wars and others are like that and are surely popular with kids, but SW is full of many different kinds of characters and situations. Its not just all battles and every figure doesn't need to be an armed to the teeth soldier. There are weird aliens, regular people, politicians, and yes even old ladies. I can understand wanting to protect the property so they keep producing new figures but on the other hand collectors don't want just the top selling soldier figures either. Its a fine line, trying to appease the hardcore fan and the kids who just want to fight and most of the time they do a pretty good job of it. I hope there aren't any peg wrmers released from this series but maybe they need to release the more offbeat characters in a different way, like in the battle packs as I was suggesting.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2009, 07:18 PM
I like the idea of putting her in a multipack. They could do a dynamite Jedi Temple set - Jocasta Nu, Cin Drallig, Coleman Kcaj, and some younglings. Hell, much of it could just be reused bodies.

Qui-Long Gone
08-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I like the idea of putting her in a multipack. They could do a dynamite Jedi Temple set - Jocasta Nu, Cin Drallig, Coleman Kcaj, and some younglings. Hell, much of it could just be reused bodies.

There ya go....Jocasta fans get her plus some Jedi, fan poll can focus on figures that will sell as individual figs....win win...

GeonosisJedi
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
There ya go....Jocasta fans get her plus some Jedi, fan poll can focus on figures that will sell as individual figs....win win...

Well its been great to see that this thread has been gaining attention, and its been great to see the debate continue!

Thank you to those who support Jocasta...hopefully the hard work will pay off.
I think that, yes, there is a possibility that she would be a pegwarmer, but it nonetheless would be a good figure.

If they could make backround characters (and pegwarmers) like Breha and Yarna, then I say they mind as well go forth with Jocasta. If she has a lightsaber, more appeal would come to the figure.

But yes, I would fully support and be happy if there was a Jedi multipack because there are many Jedi that would be great figures (Cin Drallig, etc).

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Maerj2000
08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
So, Geonosis Jedi, would you approve if JT would remove Jocasta from the regular poll or add a note that we want the figure but only in a Jedi Battle Pack?

Jeditricks, can we do that? Or at least mention the idea in a Hasbro Q&A?

Tycho
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Thank you, I'm glad some of my fellow collectors feel the same way.

Yeah, that's ONE fellow fan that I counted, JT.

Oh, and El Chuxter, I army-built Yarna myself. In my diorama of the speeder chase on Coruscant during AOTC, I have a Women's Breast Cancer Awareness Parade going down Coco Street near Club Outlander.

In an expanded universe story Yarna's progenitor, Victoria Sequitar, allowed the Kaminos to clone her for medical research!

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, if Hasbro wants to make a cool sort-of-all-new-figure that will sell, do a Luke Dagobah with a molded Bespin jacket on, but hanging open, his green muscle shirt visible underneath (that the figure would be sculpted wearing). Assemble the figure like POTJ Han Bespin. Luke appears this way when he can't use the Force to lift his X-wing and tells Master Yoda, "You want the impossible!" SA the figure with ball-jointed hips so he can sit "Indian-style" like he does in The Empire Strikes Back. Include a blaster and a blue lightsaber. Luke was NOT wearing his weapons belt at this time.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't think it is anything to be too concerned about at this point. She was 4th, not first. She is 14th in the last update at Rebelscum, behind mostly EU figures. We still have to have these results combined with all the other sites and then see how it turns out. I doubt she will end up #1, and that's the only one they have any sort of obligation to make. In terms of female figures, I think people would rather have Bastila, Guri, or another Padmé or Mara Jade. I still would like to have Jocasta Nu, as she is one of the few characters from AOTC that actually spoke that has yet to be made. If she ends up on the final top 30 list, there is no guarantee she will be made anytime soon, but they could try to find a format to put her in, such as has been suggested here, that won't be a drag on the main line.

GeonosisJedi
08-09-2009, 09:52 PM
So, Geonosis Jedi, would you approve if JT would remove Jocasta from the regular poll or add a note that we want the figure but only in a Jedi Battle Pack?

Jeditricks, can we do that? Or at least mention the idea in a Hasbro Q&A?

Aboslutely not. I want to press on for Jocasta Nu as Fans Choice Figure. I am still supporting her for that and only that at the present time.

I continue to strive and hope for a Jocasta victory.

wawe1
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Maybe they could make a figure of my 98 year old grandmother while they're at it.

El Chuxter
08-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't think it's a possibility, since the Fan's Choice figure has historically been carded, with a sticker about his (or her) win. That wouldn't be quite as eye-catching on a multi-pack.

However, I wonder if we could suggest the idea of Fan's Choice BattlePacks? Sites suggest possible themes, it's limited down to maybe ten or twenty, sites suggest possible characters for each, Hasbro picks the five characters for each set, and then people vote on them. It could work.

GeonosisJedi
08-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't think it's a possibility, since the Fan's Choice figure has historically been carded, with a sticker about his (or her) win. That wouldn't be quite as eye-catching on a multi-pack.

However, I wonder if we could suggest the idea of Fan's Choice BattlePacks? Sites suggest possible themes, it's limited down to maybe ten or twenty, sites suggest possible characters for each, Hasbro picks the five characters for each set, and then people vote on them. It could work.

I am still hoping for Jocasta to be the fans choice FIGURE on a single card format, but I think a Fan's Choice Battlepack would be awesome.

The more input we have, the better!

Qui-Long Gone
08-10-2009, 01:00 PM
^I'm just curious where all the love is coming from for Jocasta....

*All joking aside...she reminds me of the lunch lady in kindergarden...she reminds me of my granny....what is it that makes her a necessary figure as opposed to say a Senate duel Palpatine, Bespin Solo, or Wickett?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a run for Anakin's mom....

El Chuxter
08-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't mind Anakin's mom. And I'd buy a Shmi resculpt or Jocasta long before I buy another POS ROTJ Palpatine. "Hey, look at me, I was the greatest mastermind villain of all time, and now I'm a giggling putz with a sword!"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't mind Anakin's mom. And I'd buy a Shmi resculpt or Jocasta long before I buy another POS ROTJ Palpatine. "Hey, look at me, I was the greatest mastermind villain of all time, and now I'm a giggling putz with a sword!"
ROTJ? I think you mean ROTS.

Maerj2000
08-10-2009, 04:43 PM
For some reason I didn't realize that this was for one figure only. :shocked: I'd like a Jacosta figure but if I only get one choice I don't think I would pick her over every other character that could be made. I understand now why the OP is pushing so much for this character but I think you have to be a little flexible. Like I said before, I can see her included in a set of some sort.

Besides, Fan's Choice figures always seem to be hard to find anyway, at least for me.

Tycho
08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
My first choice would be the Noghri - a generic commando one, not Rukh or Kahbarahk, so I could army-build. Princess Leia would always have her bodyguards in the 5 year post-ROTJ era that I create dioramas for, as well as prior to that position, I could have a Noghri team attacking Leia, Han, Luke, and Chewbacca, or Leia, Chewie, and Ralwrrra (rumored to be coming out soon) for a post-ROTJ Kashyyyk diorama.

In any event the Noghri would be useful.

Jocasta was No. 7 on my list as she completes a scene with Obi-Wan, Shaak-Ti, and multiple Jedi younglings in the Jedi Temple Library.

I could buy a 2nd figure of hers, and go EU in the Jedi Temple, with younglings hiding behind her with her lightsaber drawn, and 501st Clones executing them during Order 66.

But there were Padmes, Cliegg Lars, and Niemoidians I found to be more important and useful for my dioramas ahead of Jocasta, yet she still made my Top 10, and apparently this poll's.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2009, 07:21 PM
*All joking aside...she reminds me of the lunch lady in kindergarden...she reminds me of my granny....what is it that makes her a necessary figure as opposed to say a Senate duel Palpatine, Bespin Solo, or Wickett?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a run for Anakin's mom....I'd rather have a better Office Duel Palpatine before Senate Duel. The Evolutions version works well enough for me for that. Not that I wouldn't want an improvement, but it's not as vital to me. The best Office Duel version is a statue with an action feature.

I don't really need Anakin's mom. The TPM version has already been done, and I can do without a dead/dying version from AOTC.

Tycho
08-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't really need Anakin's mom. The TPM version has already been done, and I can do without a dead/dying version from AOTC.

Yes, but they could make her with interchangeable heads - one mummified - for Star Wars' most morbid action figure. It will take one step topping Crispy Anakin from ROTS with 1st degree burns :D

Then again, Hasbro has asked us to vote on "Creamation Darth Vader." (I'd buy that, but it really needs a sound chip with the John Williams music, but I think it was JediTricks or SirSteve who had the interesting idea of including a mini-sound recorder so you could add music to the set instead of adding the cost of paying John Williams. Then you could also add Oingo-Boingo's "Dead Man's Party" to the scene and see how that plays out - including dancing Ewoks of course!)

Dice Ibegon
08-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Jocasta Nu was on my top 10 list and I would rather buy her over any EU figure or any future clone releases.

I would rather have all the characters from the films than any EU one.

GeonosisJedi
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Jocasta Nu was on my top 10 list and I would rather buy her over any EU figure or any future clone releases.

I would rather have all the characters from the films than any EU one.

Totally agree. I would rather buy a character from the films over EU any day

Blue2th
08-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I would rather have the most obscure character from the CW Micro Series than Jocasta Nu. The most obscure character from the Ewok adventure, or Heir to the Empire, or even the old SW Cartoon (fat chance) than the old lady librarian.

She'll probably make the top ten, but I smell another Yarna warming the pegs. Though I have to admit I would buy one of her simply because she would be a new SW character.
Star Wars fans are weird in their selections IMO, but hey majority rules.

Jocasta No!

GeonosisJedi
08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I would rather have the most obscure character from the CW Micro Series than Jocasta Nu. The most obscure character from the Ewok adventure, or Heir to the Empire, or even the old SW Cartoon (fat chance) than the old lady librarian.

She'll probably make the top ten, but I smell another Yarna warming the pegs. Though I have to admit I would buy one of her simply because she would be a new SW character.

Jocasta No!

Even though you bashed Jocasta's potential as an action figure, you made the point that you WOULD buy her because she is a NEW character to be made into a figure.

We NEED a new, great character to be the winner of this poll. A new great character with a FILM appearance, who has deserved to be made for a long time.

This is why I support Jocasta Nu. While others may deem her boring or claim she would pegwarm, wouldnt there be more appeal to her if she were to come with a lightsaber? Jedi have been my favorite figures for a long time, and Jocasta is long overdue.

And as for the pegwarming claim, isnt it true that most Fan's Choice Figures of the past were very hard to find? To this day I have never seen a Darth Revan, or many other characters that have won in the past.

I urge my fellow Jocasta Nu supporters...keep on supporting and keep on fighting..we need to show Hasbro how much we want this figure..and hopefully, we will do so when she is elected FAN'S CHOICE FIGURE!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

JediTricks
08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Can we not add to the Jocasta Nu choice a comment such as :

"We would like this figure IF she is included in a Jedi Battle Pack, along with other Jedi figures fans might want?"

This way the hardcore guys get what they want, a Jocasta fig, without damaging the regular line and creating another pegwarmer. JT will be able to sleep well at night, fans will be happy and there won't be another pegwarmer.

I just want to add that another thing to think about here is that the entire SW series isn't just a Clone Wars, good guy army vs bad guy army kind of thing. GI Joe, Clone Wars and others are like that and are surely popular with kids, but SW is full of many different kinds of characters and situations. Its not just all battles and every figure doesn't need to be an armed to the teeth soldier. There are weird aliens, regular people, politicians, and yes even old ladies. I can understand wanting to protect the property so they keep producing new figures but on the other hand collectors don't want just the top selling soldier figures either. Its a fine line, trying to appease the hardcore fan and the kids who just want to fight and most of the time they do a pretty good job of it. I hope there aren't any peg wrmers released from this series but maybe they need to release the more offbeat characters in a different way, like in the battle packs as I was suggesting.No, here at SSG we're running this poll as a fans choice all the way, if a majority of the voters want to make her #4, so be it. It's Hasbro's job to figure out the best outlet for any figure.

Plus, it REALLY doesn't fit their battle pack philosophy.

Jeditricks, can we do that? Or at least mention the idea in a Hasbro Q&A?No, and it's too late to ask anything like that in Q&A, the poll results need to be submitted before we'd get the answer.

Maybe they could make a figure of my 98 year old grandmother while they're at it.Pretty much the same thing. :p

However, I wonder if we could suggest the idea of Fan's Choice BattlePacks? Sites suggest possible themes, it's limited down to maybe ten or twenty, sites suggest possible characters for each, Hasbro picks the five characters for each set, and then people vote on them. It could work.No, we can't suggest that, I've explained over and over why they're not going to do a ton of tooling for a battle pack or multipack, especially one with this motley crew.

The reality is that while the winner will get single-carded, 20 out of 25 of the last entries were made somehow (a lot were in the Comic Packs line), so if "granny wandered onto the set" here makes the top 30, Hasbro's going to consider it more strongly. Luckily, unless she outright wins, they're still going to have no obligation to make her, and they really REALLY don't want to make her because that will be throwing money away, nobody but a handful of die-hard fanatics are going to buy this figure.

For some reason I didn't realize that this was for one figure only. :shocked: I'd like a Jacosta figure but if I only get one choice I don't think I would pick her over every other character that could be made. I understand now why the OP is pushing so much for this character but I think you have to be a little flexible. Like I said before, I can see her included in a set of some sort.

Besides, Fan's Choice figures always seem to be hard to find anyway, at least for me.This is only a preliminary top 30 list, it's the final list made from our lists that will let you vote for the very top figure. That said, I honestly think each and every voter should think long and hard about the figures they put on their list before voting.

Jocasta No!"Jocatsa No!" I love it, it's going in my sig. :D

Blue2th
08-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Even though you bashed Jocasta's potential as an action figure, you made the point that you WOULD buy her because she is a NEW character to be made into a figure.

We NEED a new, great character to be the winner of this poll. A new great character with a FILM appearance, who has deserved to be made for a long time.

This is why I support Jocasta Nu. While others may deem her boring or claim she would pegwarm, wouldnt there be more appeal to her if she were to come with a lightsaber? Jedi have been my favorite figures for a long time, and Jocasta is long overdue.

And as for the pegwarming claim, isnt it true that most Fan's Choice Figures of the past were very hard to find? To this day I have never seen a Darth Revan, or many other characters that have won in the past.

I urge my fellow Jocasta Nu supporters...keep on supporting and keep on fighting..we need to show Hasbro how much we want this figure..and hopefully, we will do so when she is elected FAN'S CHOICE FIGURE!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Are you for real?
I don't think Hasbro would give her a lightsaber, but you can always do that on your own and live out the Jedi Librarian fantasy if you wish.

I will have to say I admire your zealousness. Look how many pages are on this thread. :shocked:
It's people like you that helped our Prez win the last election. :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Are you for real?
I don't think Hasbro would give her a lightsaber, but you can always do that on your own and live out the Jedi Librarian fantasy if you wish.Why wouldn't they give her a lightsaber? She is a Jedi, and it's probably something they would need to help sell a few more. Plus, how else is she going to make sure people are quiet in the library?

Blue2th
08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Why wouldn't they give her a lightsaber? She is a Jedi, and it's probably something they would need to help sell a few more. Plus, how else is she going to make sure people are quiet in the library?

Hmm, good point.

"I told you if it's not in the archive it doesn't exist, and you went over my head and talked to Yoda!"
"Perhaps you would like to settle this with lightsabers Master Kenobi!" ......"swoosh...pftzzt" :D

El Chuxter
08-12-2009, 08:54 AM
She would get a lightsaber since she supposedly went down in a duel with Darth Emo Vader.

(Okay, why the hell is it that people b**** about Superman Returns being "emo," but miss Anakin being the biggest emo putz in film history?)

GeonosisJedi
08-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Are you for real?
I don't think Hasbro would give her a lightsaber, but you can always do that on your own and live out the Jedi Librarian fantasy if you wish.

I will have to say I admire your zealousness. Look how many pages are on this thread. :shocked:
It's people like you that helped our Prez win the last election. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I am truly surprised that this thread took off the way it did, but it is a debate that needed to be heard.

And while it is true that entusiasm and strong vocal support helped Obama win...I was for McCain.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

bigbarada
08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
She would get a lightsaber since she supposedly went down in a duel with Darth Emo Vader.

(Okay, why the hell is it that people b**** about Superman Returns being "emo," but miss Anakin being the biggest emo putz in film history?)

I didn't think Superman was too "emo" in Superman Returns, I just thought he was a little too metrosexual. They made the mistake of casting a Christopher Reeve lookalike not casting Superman. Of course, I'm sorry about the whole wheelchair thing, but Christopher Reeve was, at best, a mediocre Superman.

Also, I seem to recall complaining quite a bit about the prequels turning Anakin into a whiny, spoiled brat.

TheDarthVader
08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry, I would not buy a Jacasta Nu figure either. Boooooooooring. Zzzzzzzzz

bigbarada
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
...I was for McCain.

So was I, but we can't talk about that in detail here. Political discussions will quickly find themselves moved into the Rancor Pit. Besides you don't want to sour support for your favorite figure by dragging real world politics into it.

Qui-Long Gone
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
^You mean you don't want this forum to turn into a Town Hall Shouting match? :mad::D

I think in real world politics, Jocasta would probably not fair too well in the polls lol

bigbarada
08-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I just wish they had done a little bit more with her design. She could have been anything, but they chose to just make her a generic old lady. I actually would have preferred if they had cut her scene entirely and left in the scene with the Jedi Archives Droids. Especially since Obi-Wan directly references those same droids in his conversation with Dexter. He never once mentions Jocasta in the follow up scene.

Qui-Long Gone
08-12-2009, 01:27 PM
She could have been a droid! That would actually have made her interesting.

GeonosisJedi
08-12-2009, 01:34 PM
So was I, but we can't talk about that in detail here. Political discussions will quickly find themselves moved into the Rancor Pit. Besides you don't want to sour support for your favorite figure by dragging real world politics into it.

Don't worry, I am a big political junkie, but I will leave that discussion out of this one.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

pbarnard
08-12-2009, 01:43 PM
She could have been a droid! That would actually have made her interesting.

Because the scene with the library droids was so interesting they had to cut it out of the movie to begin with...so apparently she was so interesting she didn't even make it into RotS.

I have a compromise...the most boring EVO pack ever...

Jedi Librarians!!!!

Tales of the Jedi era represented by Odan Urr, his collection of ancient sabers, holocrons and scrolls.

Rise of the Empire/Clone Wars represnted by the boring one.

and the New Repulbic/NJO/LotF represented by Tioinne with minstrel and holocron.

That would be the only way Hasbro could ever make me buy this figure. :yes:

Droid
08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Christopher Reeve was the definitive live action Superman. No one has done it better, not that there is a large crowd competing for the title.

One of my biggest problems with Routh was he looked caked in makeup. He almost looked CGI in some scenes. And his costume was stupid - too drab, too rubbery, made up of little S symbols, etc.

I won't buy a Jocasta Nu. I would have years ago before I stopped buying figures just because they had lines of dialogue. Now I have to either like the character, like the figure, or want to set up a scene that character was in. I won't ever set up a scene where Obi-wan is talking to a librarian. They should have made figures like Kitster, Jocasta Nu, Cliegg, and Breha right when the film came out, while interest was hot, and before people realized the character wouldn't be terribly interesting. I would have passed on Ric Olie if he hadn't have come out right when the film was made.

Droid
08-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I honestly think each and every voter should think long and hard about the figures they put on their list before voting.

I guess you don't approve of my votes for Kitster and Cliegg then, do you?

However, I agree with you. If the winner is a character that will peg warm hard or that Hasbro doesn't want to make or that fans think is funny (Willrow), I bet Hasbro would make the winner, but not do anymore polls.

JediTricks
08-12-2009, 02:54 PM
I guess you don't approve of my votes for Kitster and Cliegg then, do you?

However, I agree with you. If the winner is a character that will peg warm hard or that Hasbro doesn't want to make or that fans think is funny (Willrow), I bet Hasbro would make the winner, but not do anymore polls.
Look, I'm totally not in favor of pegwarmers and lame figures like Jocasta Nu and Kitster (I think Kitster is an annoying little brat in the film) - although I do think Cliegg is an interesting figure and did make my top 30 list because he is the end result of an action scene we didn't get to see, and he carries an emotional core to the scene that I felt lil' Owen & Beru completely dropped - but if the fans really want it, I'm not totally adverse. There are tons of figures I don't buy anymore because I don't want them. That said, the key to that phrase is "if the fans REALLY want it", I hate the idea of people voting for something like Jocasta Nu where they won't enjoy the end result and probably won't even buy it, but it's got a line in the movie so they see it and say they want it without thought. If they can go over all of the ramifications of making a figure like that and still be truly excited, then more power to them, but to completists who don't even care about the character beyond "she was in the movie, so I guess I have to have her to fill a scene" with no passion, that I don't respect.

bigbarada
08-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Look, I'm totally not in favor of pegwarmers and lame figures like Jocasta Nu and Kitster (I think Kitster is an annoying little brat in the film) - although I do think Cliegg is an interesting figure and did make my top 30 list because he is the end result of an action scene we didn't get to see, and he carries an emotional core to the scene that I felt lil' Owen & Beru completely dropped - but if the fans really want it, I'm not totally adverse. There are tons of figures I don't buy anymore because I don't want them. That said, the key to that phrase is "if the fans REALLY want it", I hate the idea of people voting for something like Jocasta Nu where they won't enjoy the end result and probably won't even buy it, but it's got a line in the movie so they see it and say they want it without thought. If they can go over all of the ramifications of making a figure like that and still be truly excited, then more power to them, but to completists who don't even care about the character beyond "she was in the movie, so I guess I have to have her to fill a scene" with no passion, that I don't respect.

Exactly, she's just the next name down on the list. Even if she is made, fans will quickly forget about her and move on to demanding the next figure that "needs" to be made.

I'm under no illusions that Kithaba is somehow critical to the Star Wars films, however I think he would make a good action figure because he is a cool-looking, action-oriented alien from one of the primary battle sequences of ROTJ. He also has what is arguably the second most memorable Sarlacc Pit death, second to Boba Fett of course.

He was also plainly visible in the original ROTJ storybook, so I've been aware of his existence since 1983 (however he didn't receive a unique identity and a name of his own until the late 1990s - even then most people mistook him for Barada). Back then I just called him the "bulldog guard" because his face resembles a bulldog. Just a cool, tough guy alien who takes on the film's main character. Of course, he loses without much of a fight, but at least there is a confrontation to be reenacted in action figure form.

Qui-Long Gone
08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
JT, another way to put what you are saying (and what I agree with) is that this is about FAN CHOICE figures: what does that mean? What are you a fan of, the character-in-question (Jocasta or insert your favorite scene or main characters here) or a fan of having a "definitive collection?"

I'm a fan of certain figures, so I tend to collect them and pass on others...as do some of you (Droids, or Jabba thugs, EU, or troopers)...the point is, to each his own.lol

But--seriously--for everyone voting for Lady Nu as a fan choice figure, are you seriously a fan of her? If so, then indeed you should vote for her, but if not, then why try to get her made if you may/may not purchase her and send her into pegwarmer oblivion...or ubiquity depending on how you see it?

My suspicion is that the number of those wanting her for their definitive collection of all figures SW is a larger number than those who are actually fans of her holding out hope for her being made. I would urge the former group to look for ways to get Jocasta made so you can finish your collection but not create pegwarmers for the rest of us. As I argued earlier, Jocasta would be a great figure in a Jedi Temple 3 pack (her, a youngling or two, and a blue Clone). Don't you agree that such a pack would meet your end game?

To the later group (I want Jocasta made but I probably won't buy her) I ask, as a figure that is being demaned by the fans, what case is there for her being made by Hasbro as a favor to fans?

Get Jocasta made, but not as a fan choice...save that priviledge for figures you're a fan of!

Devo
08-12-2009, 05:03 PM
The case against this character being made as a figure is pretty damn strong. Its fan-base has got to be even smaller than for Yarna.

-Old (disadvantage)
-Woman (generally a disadvantage in boys toyline)
-PT (hardcore OT fans wouldn't be bothered)
-appears in only 1 scene
-its a non-action scene
-Can't remember any characters other than Obi-wan appearing in said scene (so you can't even rationalise that Hasbro should make her to complete a large scene 'since they made the alien that stands to her left, the spacer over at the right of shot, the jedi knight standing on the upper level etc etc'....as far as I recall it was just her and Obi-wan)

That last one is why I'm not going to campaign for her, even if I might buy her if she was made. Its just not a scene I need to represent in my collection. Whereas an even more obscure female character like Laudica from Jabbas palace is getting my vote because I want to get that scene, as a whole, as close to completion as I possibly can.

GeonosisJedi
08-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I am a fan of Jocasta Nu. I think she is a wonderful Jedi, and a character that deserves to be made into an action figure above most other characters.

I dont understand why people would vote for a figure if they were not to buy it, that is a waste of a vote...I would buy every single figure that I voted for, and especially for Jocasta Nu.

And how is old necessarily a dissadvantage? Count Dooku and Ben Kenobi did fine. I am sure that if she is to be made into a figure and come with a lightsaber and a cool accessory (like the Dooku bust), she would be a success with many people. I find it hard to believe that she would pegwarm if elected Fans Choice...werent all of the winners of the past released in smaller numbers??

Jocasta Nu deserves better. She is NOT boring by any means, and is long overdue for this recognition.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Devo
08-12-2009, 06:00 PM
And how is old necessarily a dissadvantage? Count Dooku and Ben Kenobi did fine. I am sure that if she is to be made into a figure and come with a lightsaber and a cool accessory (like the Dooku bust), she would be a success with many people.

Its not something that turns me off...when it comes to action figures ;) nor is obesity for that matter..again when it comes to action figures. But considerations like these do come into play for other people, I was only pointing that out. I argued against those who said Yarna shouldn't have been made because she was a fat middle-aged woman. For me it was enough that she was in Jabbas court, I would no more exclude her from a wishlist of figures than I would Woof. But this is where Jocasta falls down for me - shes just not in a particularly memorable or busy scene. And this is where I find it hard to see where your enthusiasm for her comes from.

But - I'm not saying you shouldn't campaign for this character. By all means carry on. I'm really only saying anything at all just for something to do.

Qui-Long Gone
08-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Jocasta Nu deserves better. She is NOT boring by any means, and is long overdue for this recognition.

Geo, I would say you deserve a Jocasta figure, but I can't see the overall production of said figure being much of a hit...I agree old can be cool. I'm betting if this character was made, Hasbro would forget her lightsaber...

Put her in a Jedi temple Order 66 pack!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
But this is where Jocasta falls down for me - shes just not in a particularly memorable or busy scene. And this is where I find it hard to see where your enthusiasm for her comes from.
Part of it is that she's the main focus of one of the scenes, and she does have quite a bit of screentime. Since there's not much else going on in the scene (apart from Shaak Ti googling cake recipes and Zett Jukassa coming up to ask for the bathroom key), the viewer's attention is inevitably drawn to her. In that regard, she's more memorable than a dude in the background who's barely visible (see: Pons Limbic and Trinto Duaba). However, her most ardent fans do have to realize that she won't translate into a cool action figure, no matter how interesting a collectible she may be.

I'd buy her, for what it's worth.

Darth Jax
08-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah right. Tell that to Yarna or Willrow Hood, we'll see how true that really is. Fans are sometimes fickle and sometimes silly. There are lots of examples of fans asking for something they then didn't support. That's why they're fans and not brand managers. I don't remember M'iiyoom Onith or Elis Helrot selling well in '07. Going off Tycho's top 50 list, General Veers was #2, it tanked. Hermi Odle was #3, not a hot seller here after the first month. Lando Smuggler was #6, epic fail of a figure. Han Torture was high on the list, not a great seller. Jango out of armor, same. Wioslea, at best a moderate seller here. Luke Medical Frigate is a recent pegwarmer. Biggs Academy wasn't hot stuff. Leia Medical Frigate on KH's list is another recent pegwarmer. Ak-Rev was an epic fail as well. Sometimes fans are right and it's a good thing, others not so much.

i bought the only veers i saw on the shelf, i might have picked up a couple extras had i seen them. never saw lando or hermi. only saw han torture once, and passed on it cuz i just didn't need or want it. luke/leia (which may warm the pegs if they show up are really scarce round here. when i do see them, they are gone by the next toy trip i make). ak-rev and yarna are definite yawns and found in abundance. typically you can judge a figures success but whether it pegwarms or not, but with the spotty distribution hasbro has suffered from for the last 18 months pegwarming doesn't always mean nobody wants the figure - just your area might've been oversaturated.

in my own record keeping, i recorded ROTS anakin as emo anakin cuz of the guyliner and "special" eyes.

for all you Jocasta fans out there (and i'm not one of them). there's already a librarian figure customizer bait (http://www.mcphee.com/laf/).

Droid
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Yes, if she was going to be released I agree that they should put her in a pack with Anakin and her posed in a duel, with a couple blue Order 66 clones in there. Water down the impact of the librarian! I always thought that's how they should have sold Yarna, make us buy several resculpts for one new figure.

I would argue though that Yarna was prominently shown in one of the scenes people have been talking about for decades - Jabba's palace. Jocasta Nu was a forgettable character in a forgettable scene.

As boring as that scene was, it wasn't even exposition - it wasn't about information, but the lack of information. It was like Obiwan at Al Capone's vault.

GeonosisJedi
08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Part of it is that she's the main focus of one of the scenes, and she does have quite a bit of screentime. Since there's not much else going on in the scene (apart from Shaak Ti googling cake recipes and Zett Jukassa coming up to ask for the bathroom key), the viewer's attention is inevitably drawn to her. In that regard, she's more memorable than a dude in the background who's barely visible (see: Pons Limbic and Trinto Duaba). However, her most ardent fans do have to realize that she won't translate into a cool action figure, no matter how interesting a collectible she may be.

I'd buy her, for what it's worth.

Exactly-she IS memorable for being the main focus of one of the scenes. I was always intrigued by the Temple Archives, and Jocasta Nu was right in the center of that!

I do, however, think that she would indeed make a cool action figure!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see a figure of Jabba's pal, Ace.

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
On second thought, if Jocasta comes with a lightsaber, knitted scarf, and plate of cookies...that could perk my interest! :D

pbarnard
08-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Or leather mask, ties, and whips...wait, different type of librarian.

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2009, 01:51 PM
^Have I seen you in our library? :whip:

pbarnard
08-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Just trying to make it more interesting. I mean, we keep asking for these things, Hasbro warns us of how limited the appeal is, does it begrudgingly, and it sits and sits and sits at retail. Hasbro than tells us so. We repeat the process. Will we ever learn?

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2009, 01:57 PM
^No...we'll never learn....and thankfully THAT will keep Hasbro in business...so we're like the midiclorians to their Force....:laugh:

pbarnard
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
No, Hasbro's inability to sculpt Mark Hammill or Harrison Ford accurately is what keeps them in business. That and printing monopoly money and telling banks/investors it's real.

El Chuxter
08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
With their Han Solo figures, though, they've done amazing likenesses of, among others, Lyle Lovett and David Duchovny.

GeonosisJedi
08-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Just trying to make it more interesting. I mean, we keep asking for these things, Hasbro warns us of how limited the appeal is, does it begrudgingly, and it sits and sits and sits at retail. Hasbro than tells us so. We repeat the process. Will we ever learn?

Isn't it true that all the Fan's Choice figures of thepast have been released in limited numbers? Therefore, I strongly believe that Jocasta, if she wins, will not be a pegwarmer.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

El Chuxter
08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Except for the Build-A-Droid scheme, wherein shortpacking a figure results in shortpacking a droid part and ticks everyone off.

Droid
08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Seems to my recollection the Duros kind of sat around at retail for a while.

Darth Jax
08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Isn't it true that all the Fan's Choice figures of thepast have been released in limited numbers? Therefore, I strongly believe that Jocasta, if she wins, will not be a pegwarmer.

the only possibility of jocasta not pegwarming is to make her a chase figure and pack her at 1 per every 10 cases released. fans will get mad that they can't find her, she'll be scarce so scalpers will salivate over her and purchase every one they can find. any other production run and she'll clog the pegs like yarna.

pbarnard
08-13-2009, 07:11 PM

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

No, it's not. The example people site is Ephant Mon, which was really a victim of case distribution and scalping. Eventually this figure showed up at clearance at KB. It costs too much to do limited runs compared to a wide release (one of the reasons exclusives do cost more). A minority of fans howled for years for Yarna, still on the pegs in some places. A minority of fans have howled for years for Willrow Hood, and we more than likely will see the same thing.

Let JT hammer the economics of it. But no one figure is made any more or less than any other that is put out in wide release within a few thousand figures.

El Chuxter
08-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Ephant, the McQuarrie Stormtrooper, and Darth Cobra Commander (Nihilus? I don't remember) were all shortpacked. Amanaman was rare in some areas and pegwarmed in others. Ellors Madak pegwarmed hard for a while.

Here's an interesting question about the Fan's Choice figures: each voting round (prior to the last free-for-all through ToyFare) was made up of possibilities that Hasbro took seriously enough to put on a list for consideration. Many losers from the list have already been made. But, not that I want him, whatever happened to Nym, who was on the first list? Did they realize that, truly, no one gave a carp about him?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Nym was on a later list, like in 2002 or so (I think I remember him being on there at Celebration II). Ben Quadinaros, though, was on the first list (or one of the first), and now they only consider him to be a big joke. So I'm really not sure - I think they really just used those guys to see fan input.

Is there a list somewhere of the older fan choice polls and their outcomes, or at least the characters involved? Searching only turns up the current poll.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I found this old blurb (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/actionfigure/Fans_Choice_Poll_3_Winner_Has_Been_Announced_5972. asp) on Rebelscum saying that Ephant Mon beat out the Twi'lek masseuse, but the link they provide is just to the Hasbro site. Plus, it sounded as if you would have needed to have been registered there to see the results at the time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Oh yeah, I remember now - wasn't there some issue with ballot-stuffing? Odd that the Gella girl came so close eight years ago but still hasn't been made.

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 05:55 PM
The case against this character being made as a figure is pretty damn strong. Its fan-base has got to be even smaller than for Yarna.

-Old (disadvantage)
-Woman (generally a disadvantage in boys toyline)
-PT (hardcore OT fans wouldn't be bothered)
-appears in only 1 scene
-its a non-action scene
-Can't remember any characters other than Obi-wan appearing in said scene (so you can't even rationalise that Hasbro should make her to complete a large scene 'since they made the alien that stands to her left, the spacer over at the right of shot, the jedi knight standing on the upper level etc etc'....as far as I recall it was just her and Obi-wan)Yeah, pretty much all true. There's the back of a kid in the scene as well, I believe, but other than that it's just Obi-Wan bickering with an old lady.

I think she is a wonderful JediWow, that is the kind of hyperbole you just don't hear enough of. What exactly do you find so "wonderful" about her, as either a Jedi or a Star Wars character in general? I don't get this at all.

and a character that deserves to be made into an action figure above most other characters.How can you justify that claim? It's an exceptionally bold one.

I dont understand why people would vote for a figure if they were not to buy it, that is a waste of a vote...I would buy every single figure that I voted for, and especially for Jocasta Nu.It's a lot easier to vote than to shell out hard-earned money. "Eyes bigger than stomach" syndrome. Very common.

And how is old necessarily a dissadvantage? Count Dooku and Ben Kenobi did fine.And by "did fine" you mean each and every Dooku and old Ben figure has sold slowly or pegwarmed, right? Not to mention Palpatine and the Imperial Dignitaries and Chancellor Valorum and Mon Mothma. Geezers don't sell well in this line, even when they're exciting Jedi, which Jocasta Nu isn't a member of, she's a boring librarian.

I am sure that if she is to be made into a figure and come with a lightsaber and a cool accessory (like the Dooku bust), she would be a success with many people. I find it hard to believe that she would pegwarm if elected Fans Choice...werent all of the winners of the past released in smaller numbers??You are "sure"? As in, if you're wrong you're willing to shell out a hundred grand to buy up all the unsold product to ensure Hasbro sees profitability out of the tooling costs they spent? Or are you "sure" as in you are totally guessing that fans will respond and have no real idea whether or not they'd buy her? Because it seems like the latter to me.

In terms of previous fans choice winners, Amanaman didn't sell well, neither did Ellorrs Madak, or Captain Antilles.

Jocasta Nu deserves better. She is NOT boring by any means, and is long overdue for this recognition.Again, how do you justify this? How can you back up the claim that A) she isn't boring; or B) that she is "long overdue for this recognition"? I don't see how you can objectively back those claims up.

Part of it is that she's the main focus of one of the scenes, and she does have quite a bit of screentime. But it's an unimportant, unmemorable scene. And she doesn't have "quite a bit" of screentime, it's less than a minute and 2 lines. Hell, even Kitster has more screentime and lines.

However, her most ardent fans do have to realize that she won't translate into a cool action figure, no matter how interesting a collectible she may be.And yet, they don't have to realize it, apparently.

i bought the only veers i saw on the shelf, i might have picked up a couple extras had i seen them. never saw lando or hermi. only saw han torture once, and passed on it cuz i just didn't need or want it. luke/leia (which may warm the pegs if they show up are really scarce round here. when i do see them, they are gone by the next toy trip i make). ak-rev and yarna are definite yawns and found in abundance. typically you can judge a figures success but whether it pegwarms or not, but with the spotty distribution hasbro has suffered from for the last 18 months pegwarming doesn't always mean nobody wants the figure - just your area might've been oversaturated.It couldn't be that YOUR experiences are the anomaly though? I spent a half a year gathering store reports of pegwarmers, they lined up a lot closer to what I was seeing than what you're describing.

And if you think Ak-rev and Yarna are "definite yawns", that speaks even worse to Jocasta Nu because she's very similar to those 2, except in a far less memorable scene and with no cache of being an alien character.

As boring as that scene was, it wasn't even exposition - it wasn't about information, but the lack of information. It was like Obiwan at Al Capone's vault.AHAHAHAHA! That's awesome AND true, although Obi-Wan's mustache can't compare to Geraldo's.

Just trying to make it more interesting. I mean, we keep asking for these things, Hasbro warns us of how limited the appeal is, does it begrudgingly, and it sits and sits and sits at retail. Hasbro than tells us so. We repeat the process. Will we ever learn?Some will learn sooner, others will have to suffer the same mistakes over and over to learn that lesson, and unfortunately if they're vocal then we all get to suffer through those lessons until either the line does die out from those types of mistakes or the rest of the fans play catch-up. I love how the fans are getting MORE vocal about this old lady action figure right after Hasbro announces how poorly the collecting community is performing at market and how that aspect of the line has to be scaled back to ensure it doesn't fold under.

the only possibility of jocasta not pegwarming is to make her a chase figure and pack her at 1 per every 10 cases released. fans will get mad that they can't find her, she'll be scarce so scalpers will salivate over her and purchase every one they can find. any other production run and she'll clog the pegs like yarna.That is very likely, but the reality of the situation is that at such low production numbers, it couldn't even justify the expense of the tooling to begin with. It's a catch-22.

I'm pretty sure Nym was on a later list, like in 2002 or so (I think I remember him being on there at Celebration II). Ben Quadinaros, though, was on the first list (or one of the first), and now they only consider him to be a big joke. So I'm really not sure - I think they really just used those guys to see fan input.

Is there a list somewhere of the older fan choice polls and their outcomes, or at least the characters involved? Searching only turns up the current poll.You have to search pretty deep into the web to get those pre-Toy Fare 2006 Fans Choice results, they were on Hasbro's site and most outlets didn't repost the results (I don't think Hasbro even announced the results on the last 3, which led to widespread complaints of a fix, which is why ToyFare is running these, so they can be fixed by comic book fans who barely give a crap about Star Wars... oops, sorry, I've opined too much :p).

El Chuxter
08-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Here's an idea: how about Flashback Jocasta Nu? It could be a figure based on her from when she was 16. And, of course, like all good female EU Jedi, she'd be dressed like a streetwalker.

Maybe she could come in a 2-pack with young Jira, from when she won the Miss Tatooine pageant and was abducted by Jango Fett's grandfather, the notorious Merle Fett, and young Jocasta saved her from being sold to Zorba the Hutt (who wanted to make her a third birthday present for his son Jabba)!!

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Here's an idea: how about Flashback Jocasta Nu? It could be a figure based on her from when she was 16. And, of course, like all good female EU Jedi, she'd be dressed like a streetwalker.

Maybe she could come in a 2-pack with young Jira, from when she won the Miss Tatooine pageant and was abducted by Jango Fett's grandfather, the notorious Merle Fett, and young Jocasta saved her from being sold to Zorba the Hutt (who wanted to make her a third birthday present for his son Jabba)!!
Well, we know Tycho would buy one.

GeonosisJedi
08-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah, pretty much all true. There's the back of a kid in the scene as well, I believe, but other than that it's just Obi-Wan bickering with an old lady.

Wow, that is the kind of hyperbole you just don't hear enough of. What exactly do you find so "wonderful" about her, as either a Jedi or a Star Wars character in general? I don't get this at all.

How can you justify that claim? It's an exceptionally bold one.

It's a lot easier to vote than to shell out hard-earned money. "Eyes bigger than stomach" syndrome. Very common.

And by "did fine" you mean each and every Dooku and old Ben figure has sold slowly or pegwarmed, right? Not to mention Palpatine and the Imperial Dignitaries and Chancellor Valorum and Mon Mothma. Geezers don't sell well in this line, even when they're exciting Jedi, which Jocasta Nu isn't a member of, she's a boring librarian.

You are "sure"? As in, if you're wrong you're willing to shell out a hundred grand to buy up all the unsold product to ensure Hasbro sees profitability out of the tooling costs they spent? Or are you "sure" as in you are totally guessing that fans will respond and have no real idea whether or not they'd buy her? Because it seems like the latter to me.

In terms of previous fans choice winners, Amanaman didn't sell well, neither did Ellorrs Madak, or Captain Antilles.

Again, how do you justify this? How can you back up the claim that A) she isn't boring; or B) that she is "long overdue for this recognition"? I don't see how you can objectively back those claims up.

But it's an unimportant, unmemorable scene. And she doesn't have "quite a bit" of screentime, it's less than a minute and 2 lines. Hell, even Kitster has more screentime and lines.
It couldn't be that YOUR experiences are the anomaly though? I spent a half a year gathering store reports of pegwarmers, they lined up a lot closer to what I was seeing than what you're describing.

And if you think Ak-rev and Yarna are "definite yawns", that speaks even worse to Jocasta Nu because she's very similar to those 2, except in a far less memorable scene and with no cache of being an alien character.

Some will learn sooner, others will have to suffer the same mistakes over and over to learn that lesson, and unfortunately if they're vocal then we all get to suffer through those lessons until either the line does die out from those types of mistakes or the rest of the fans play catch-up. I love how the fans are getting MORE vocal about this old lady action figure right after Hasbro announces how poorly the collecting community is performing at market and how that aspect of the line has to be scaled back to ensure it doesn't fold under.

JT- I dont have to "justify" my opinion...it has been and will be my continued opinion that Jocasta Nu would make a great figure.

Yes, I do indeed believe that Jocasta is a good Jedi-she served on the Jedi Council, was part of the Jedi ExplorCorps, and was greatly devoted to knowledge and learning. These services do indeed make me see her as a great Jedi, and a good character.

I also believe that Jocasta Nu is far more memorable than Ak-Rev or Yarna...we only seen them for a split second each, when Jocasta was the center of an entire scene that introduced us to the Temple Archives.

I do believe that this character is overdue for release...I have been hoping for a Jocasta Nu since AOTC first came out. If Hasbro could realease many backround and other minor characters, I dont see why they couldn't have made Jocasta.

I will continue to give my FULL support to this character to be elected Fans Choice Figure...and if necessary, I will most certainly buy multiple Jocasta figures to support the cause.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Droid
08-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Yarna had quite a bit of screen time, particularly pre-Special Edition.

And she had quite a bit of buzz considering that Kenner made her as a vintage prototype figure.

And the Jabba's Palace sequence was a bit more important, notable, and interesting than Obi-wan's trip to the library.

And you say "introduced us to the Jedi Archives" as though it was the first time we saw a lightsaber or were told about the Force. The Jedi Archives were a completely unnecessary part of the story and certainly mean nothing to the overall Saga. In fact, the scene was cut from the IMAX version of the film. It wasn't even viewed as necessary to Attack of the Clones.

But hey, I'm not saying you're wrong to want a figure of her. I just won't buy it and hope Hasbro packs her in with other figures if they make her.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-14-2009, 10:44 PM
At this point, there isn't a lot left to make from AOTC that isn't a background character with no lines. So, other than Cliegg Lars and a bunch of Padmé outfits, Jocasta Nu would probably be the one character that stands out. Sure, I'd probably rather have figures of a lot of those hot looking ladies in the Outlander Club, but those would probably be even less likely to be made than Jocasta. Though, I suppose if they can make Leesub Sirln, they might be able to make at least one of the Outlander Club ladies someday.

There are pegwarmers every year, some of the surprising and some of them not. None of them seem to have killed the line. So, while I am not as enthusiastic for this figure as GeonosisJedi is, I don't buy into JT's claim that a figure like this would ruin the line. If you had an entire wave like this, or if every wave had bad pegwarmers, then you might be right. If Hasbro is so certain that this figure wouldn't do well, then they should also use their knowledge and expertise to balance the line out so that one figure doesn't ruin everything.

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 11:59 PM
JT- I dont have to "justify" my opinion...it has been and will be my continued opinion that Jocasta Nu would make a great figure.True, you absolutely don't, but it's a bold claim and you're using your extremely high opinion of her as a rallying cry for others to join you in support of this character, and IMO that warrants us folks you're preaching to being able to better scrutinize that.

And besides, you are trying to convince the rest of us to vote for her, so explaining your opinion would be a big start.

I also believe that Jocasta Nu is far more memorable than Ak-Rev or Yarna...we only seen them for a split second each, when Jocasta was the center of an entire scene that introduced us to the Temple Archives.Actually, Yarna has a lot of screen time, she just doesn't talk during hers. She's in the camera more than almost anybody else in the palace.

I do believe that this character is overdue for release...I have been hoping for a Jocasta Nu since AOTC first came out. If Hasbro could realease many backround and other minor characters, I dont see why they couldn't have made Jocasta.Even after all the reasons given, you don't see it?

There are pegwarmers every year, some of the surprising and some of them not. None of them seem to have killed the line. So, while I am not as enthusiastic for this figure as GeonosisJedi is, I don't buy into JT's claim that a figure like this would ruin the line. If you had an entire wave like this, or if every wave had bad pegwarmers, then you might be right. If Hasbro is so certain that this figure wouldn't do well, then they should also use their knowledge and expertise to balance the line out so that one figure doesn't ruin everything.They're already stretching that expertise thin as it is though, and the line is seeing shakier times. The Ep 1 line nearly ruined not just Star Wars but all of Hasbro. It's not just 1 bad figure in a vacuum, that figure's budget affects everything in that wave, the weaker the wave, the more it affects the waves around it and the whole line. The weaker that 1 figure, the more it affects the overall.

Droid
08-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Women characters have always been a tough sell, at least that was true before all the women ALIEN Jedi characters were introduced. Sy Snootles was the only female character in the vintage line other than Leia.

They release Leias carefully. Think of all of the PADMES they have not done from AOTC or ROTS because she is a tougher sell than other figures they could make. Why make a Jocasta when there hasn't even been a Padme figure with her hair in buns like Leia's?

I cannot think of a character like Jocasta Nu that was made as a figure. The figures of Lucas' daughters come to mind, though they were a special release and were sold carefully (which I know you would suggest with Jocasta as needed). I guess to be fair Depa Billaba and Adi Galia just sat around in Episode I, but they were shown on the council and were identifiable as Jedi by their robes. Depa only came packed in with other characters and included her Council chair.

Jocasta is an old woman Jedi in a kimono (not Kamino) who is only a Jedi because we know the character is a Jedi. She isn't wearing Jedi robes. We didn't see her weild a lightsaber. She was in one scene being as snotty to Obi-wan as the door droid was to 3P0 in Jedi (though I'd note that droid is more memorable, more interesting, and has never been made as a figure).

As I said, there was a time I would have bought her. But now, characters like Jira, Jamilla, Padme's family, Queen Jamilla, the Episode III Queen, and Jocasta seem like guaranteed poor sellers. Breha Organa is proof of that - a figure I wanted for her role in Leia's life, but a character Hasbro probably shouldn't have made.

They made ANH Aunt Beru and Mon Mothma, but those "old ladies" had decades to become a part of the Star Wars mythos and be desirable as figures. Even then, Beru was packed with a droid and I seem to remember Mon Mothma sticking around the pegs a bit. Also, there were SO few women characters in the original trilogy, that each one was a stand out. Beru is the only female character in ANH with dialogue other than Leia!

Star Wars collecting is an interesting business. We actively encourage Hasbro to make figures that will lose them money - when there are clearly figures they could make that would make them more money. And yet they make those figures again and again! It is remarkable. Because they know if the collecting base keeps with the line, and they take a hit on a Yarna now and again, they can get us to buy another Luke, another Han, and ten more Clones. Weird. Can't think of another business that works like that.

bigbarada
08-15-2009, 12:57 AM
I've seen enough of pegwarming Breha Organa to know that Jocasta Nu would never sell well.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm under no illusions that my pick for fan's choice would break any sales records, but he at least has several things going for him that Jocasta does not: fighting a Jedi, getting eaten by a monster in the desert, etc. Stuff that just sounds so much more exciting to a kid than a snooty old librarian who's only notable for being completely ignorant of the galaxy around her.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 02:02 AM
It seems then that the only figures they should ever make are main characters, troops, and certain aliens and droids. However, even aliens have trouble, as Ellors Madak and Ak-Rev pegwarmed quite a bit. There are a lot of the Clone Wars IG-86 droids on the shelf as well. Jango Pilot and one of the more action oriented Padmés, the Coruscant Attack one in pilot outfit, were big pegwarmers as well.

So far, most of the Fan's Choice figure have been quite plentiful, such as Ellors Madak, Djas Puhr, Captain Antilles and General Dodonna. Ephant Mon was an exception because it was such an incredible figure, and the rest of the wave sat around for a while.

As far as Episode I ruining Hasbro, I thought it was more a problem of too much product on the shelf. That made the later waves harder to find, the last wave being almost non-existent it seemed. Around that same time, there was still a lot of POTF2 hanging around getting clearanced. Also, with fewer figures in the line, a couple boring and/or obscure figures make up a bigger percentage of the line.

Droid
08-15-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure Djas Puhr was a fans choice. That figure is terribly done and is hard to stand. I'd rather have other figures and I doubt they'd redo him, but he could use a resculpt.

It's interesting. Were Beru, Torryn Farr, and Mon Mothma the only women to have lines of dialogue (in English) other than Leia in the original trilogy? (In the scenes in the movie, I'm not counting cut scenes.)

Devo
08-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Theres nothing wrong with Djas Puhr's sculpt if you ask me, only his awkward stance and the fact he can't sit. I hope they make lots of new cantina denizens before revisiting him.

palps45895
08-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm just going to chime in with my two cents on this matter.

Firstly, Jocasta will not sink any line. This is far too broad a line for that. Hasbro knows enough about their business to figure out just how many to produce. They also know how to under-produce and build up additional demand, too...

Secondly, Hasbro already trusts us fans on these matters, as we brought them the last great top 25... of which they've basicly made (or are in the process of making) 24 of... Only, I believe, Dead Padme will be left unmade when its all said and done. And they must be selling well enough that Hasbro just keeps dipping from the same well...

Lastly, having a strong showing for this figure is really this character's only hope for production. With Hasbro's own comments matching some of the views expressed in this thread, it is obvious this is probably the only single figure that Hasbro would not make without a Fan Poll win or strong showing of support (excluding the Lucasfilm prohibitions, of course). Therefore, this makes her the very definition of the "type" of figure we all want to win this poll, even if not the particular figure you support... something they won't probably make or get to without fan support.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure Djas Puhr was a fans choice.It appears you are correct. Ephant was #3, Concept Stormtrooper was #4. For some reason I was thinking he was. I remember seeing him and wondering who the heck he was.

GeonosisJedi
08-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm just going to chime in with my two cents on this matter.

Firstly, Jocasta will not sink any line. This is far too broad a line for that. Hasbro knows enough about their business to figure out just how many to produce. They also know how to under-produce and build up additional demand, too...

Secondly, Hasbro already trusts us fans on these matters, as we brought them the last great top 25... of which they've basicly made (or are in the process of making) 24 of... Only, I believe, Dead Padme will be left unmade when its all said and done. And they must be selling well enough that Hasbro just keeps dipping from the same well...

Lastly, having a strong showing for this figure is really this character's only hope for production. With Hasbro's own comments matching some of the views expressed in this thread, it is obvious this is probably the only single figure that Hasbro would not make without a Fan Poll win or strong showing of support (excluding the Lucasfilm prohibitions, of course). Therefore, this makes her the very definition of the "type" of figure we all want to win this poll, even if not the particular figure you support... something they won't probably make or get to without fan support.

Thank you, Palps-and I 100% agree with you.

This is why we who are for this figure must strongly rally behind her. This is the exact opportunity the character needs to be made into an action figure.

Jocasta fans-continue to fight, victory is only a short time away!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Tycho
08-15-2009, 07:16 PM
There were 5 Fan Choice Figures, right? (6 really, with that tie) and then the Top 25 poll? Or was there 6?

1. Duro (2000)
2. Amanaman (2001)
3. Ephont Mon (2002)
4. Concept Stormtrooper (2003)
5. (tie) General Dodonna / Captain Antilles (2004)

Was Hem Dazon in there?

In 2005 there was no Fans' Choice - it was all ROTS figures.

In 2006 when Hem Dazon came out, there might have been. I think he might have won the big Toy Fare poll, but I'm not sure.

2007 had no Fans' Choice - it was all TAC, right? But many figures like Darth Revan came off that list.

2008 did not really have a Fans' Choice either, but figures like Yarna finally got made, and Young Owen and Beru went into production for release this year (2009).

This year, 2009, will have a winner, which I guess we won't see until 2011?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 07:35 PM
There were 5 Fan Choice Figures, right? (6 really, with that tie) and then the Top 25 poll? Or was there 6?

1. Duro (2000)
2. Amanaman (2001)
3. Ephont Mon (2002)
4. Concept Stormtrooper (2003)
5. (tie) General Dodonna / Captain Antilles (2004)

I believe Darth Revan was a fan's choice figure. Actually, looking it up now, Quinlan Vos was the winner, but they were already making a figure of him, so Darth Revan got bumped up to the top spot.

GeonosisJedi
08-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I believe Darth Revan was a fan's choice figure. Actually, looking it up now, Quinlan Vos was the winner, but they were already making a figure of him, so Darth Revan got bumped up to the top spot.

Yes, I too recall the Fan's Choice Poll in 2006...Quinlan Vos won, but Revan ultimately was bumped up to the position because Vos was already in the works. I didnt participate in it, but I do remember looking at the final results....Hasbro has made most of the figures in that year's Top 25 (as shown in this years Comic-Con presentation).

Hopefully this year, Jocasta Nu will be awarded this great honor.

Speaking of which, does anyone know when the Final Results (and the name of the winning figure) will be released?

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

bigbarada
08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I seem to recall that Jek Porkins was made in 2000 after a lot of petitioning by fans, only to suffer a similar fate as Yarna.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2009, 12:08 AM
I seem to recall that Jek Porkins was made in 2000 after a lot of petitioning by fans, only to suffer a similar fate as Yarna.
Even the new Jabba is shelfwarming a little bit . . . I guess we all hate fatties! :p

Mad Slanted Powers
08-16-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't remember seeing too many Porkins figures, but it's been a while. Jabba has just started showing up, so I haven't seen too many yet.

El Chuxter
08-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Maybe I'm nuts, but the last three figures I've bought or even cared a whit about were Breha, Beru, and Owen. I'm all clonetroopered out, and care very little about most Jedi anymore.

I would buy Jocasta. I'm not crazy about the idea of hundreds of them still on shelves after a year, Yarna-style, though. She needs to be made as something other than a single carded figure. Even maybe a mini-BattlePack with Obi-Wan, Jett, and the library droids, or something.

GeonosisJedi
08-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Maybe I'm nuts, but the last three figures I've bought or even cared a whit about were Breha, Beru, and Owen. I'm all clonetroopered out, and care very little about most Jedi anymore.

I would buy Jocasta. I'm not crazy about the idea of hundreds of them still on shelves after a year, Yarna-style, though. She needs to be made as something other than a single carded figure. Even maybe a mini-BattlePack with Obi-Wan, Jett, and the library droids, or something.

I agree, seeing Yarna an the shelves for more than a year after it's release got annoying...but so did seeing Breha...she got to be much worse than any pegwarmer of the past in my area. Since April, there has been a constant flow of Breha, Breha, Breha.

I still am confident, however, that Jocasta would be a larger success than those figures.

If Jocasta does not win the Fan's Choice Poll this year, I think it would be a good idea to try to release her in a multipack of sorts, with other Jedi, or even base it off the scene from the ROTS videogame.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

pbarnard
08-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I still am confident, however, that Jocasta would be a larger success than those figures.

And if she becomes a peg warmer, what will you do? :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
08-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Even the new Jabba is shelfwarming a little bit . . . I guess we all hate fatties! :p

I wondered why my wife stopped looking at me....:cry::(

I love the new Jabba...it's actually the best Jaba to date...but I'm not an animated Clone Wars guy, so I'm part of the reason he's pegwarming....

Geo, if it took decades to get Yarna made, a figure long overdue, and she has become a pegwarmer, then I'm not as confident as you that Jocasta-- perhaps a figure long overdue but certainly not as strikingly designed or film peculiar as Yarna--will avoid the same fate.

In the Aug 10 QandA, Hasbro indicated they like these exclusive 2 pack sets--a Clone and Jedi--so why not put her in one of those?

GeonosisJedi
08-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I wondered why my wife stopped looking at me....:cry::(

I love the new Jabba...it's actually the best Jaba to date...but I'm not an animated Clone Wars guy, so I'm part of the reason he's pegwarming....

Geo, if it took decades to get Yarna made, a figure long overdue, and she has become a pegwarmer, then I'm not as confident as you that Jocasta-- perhaps a figure long overdue but certainly not as strikingly designed or film peculiar as Yarna--will avoid the same fate.

In the Aug 10 QandA, Hasbro indicated they like these exclusive 2 pack sets--a Clone and Jedi--so why not put her in one of those?

Because Jocasta Nu deserves to be FANS CHOICE FIGURE!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

bigbarada
08-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Because Jocasta Nu deserves to be FANS CHOICE FIGURE!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Well, she already made it in round 1, so you can relax.

The way I understand this poll to work is that Hasbro will receive lists from every fan site that takes part in their Q&As. Then Hasbro will choose from those lists who will be the fan choice figure. So, even in the unlikely event that Jocasta makes #1 on every single of those lists, it's still no guarantee that Hasbro will choose her as the fan choice figure.

Personally, I don't care if any of my top picks get made as "fan's choice" figures. I just want them to be made.

Qui-Long Gone
08-16-2009, 10:06 PM
^Fan's choice isn't a make or break deal for me either....just get the figures made, Jocasta or whoever...

Blue2th
08-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Well if she wins, gets made and two years later she's taking up space on the
pegs and replaces Yarna as the queen of pegwarmers, then I'll be walking down the isle looking for new figures, standing in front of the Star Wars section and saying out loud QLG's signature line. ;)

GeonosisJedi
08-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, she already made it in round 1, so you can relax.

The way I understand this poll to work is that Hasbro will receive lists from every fan site that takes part in their Q&As. Then Hasbro will choose from those lists who will be the fan choice figure. So, even in the unlikely event that Jocasta makes #1 on every single of those lists, it's still no guarantee that Hasbro will choose her as the fan choice figure.

Personally, I don't care if any of my top picks get made as "fan's choice" figures. I just want them to be made.

I thought that we were the ultimate deciding factor...I thought that there was gonna be the final vote in an upcoming ToyFare issue.

I am pleased to see that Jocasta made it throug, shes doing well in many other polls too.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

pbarnard
08-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Well if she wins, gets made and two years later she's taking up space on the
pegs and replaces Yarna as the queen of pegwarmers, then I'll be walking down the isle looking for new figures, standing in front of the Star Wars section and saying out loud QLG's signature line. ;)

No, I'll want to know that GeonosisJedi will send us money to buy one Jocasta Nu each to clear the pegs . :yes:

Than I'll come on hear and say, HASBRO TOLD US SO!!!

GeonosisJedi
08-17-2009, 11:17 AM
No, I'll want to know that GeonosisJedi will send us money to buy one Jocasta Nu each to clear the pegs . :yes:

Than I'll come on hear and say, HASBRO TOLD US SO!!!

Haha...I would if I could, but if Jocasta Nu recieves the great honor of becoming Fans Choice Figure, I will be sure to buy multiples and do my part to help the cause.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Qui-Long Gone
08-17-2009, 02:47 PM
^You'll need to....:p

GeonosisJedi
08-17-2009, 05:04 PM
^You'll need to....:p

We shall see...

As for the results, how long will it be before the final results are released?
I wasnt sure when.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Devo
08-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Haha...I would if I could, but if Jocasta Nu recieves the great honor of becoming Fans Choice Figure, I will be sure to buy multiples and do my part to help the cause.

You do have an unusual fascination with this old lady if I may be so cheeky to say. :p

bigbarada
08-17-2009, 09:58 PM
You do have an unusual fascination with this old lady if I may be so cheeky to say. :p

Someone should check to see if he's related to Alethea McGrath. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Someone should check to see if he's related to Alethea McGrath. :D
Well, we all know he wants some kind of relationship to her . . . or maybe with her . . .

Mad Slanted Powers
08-18-2009, 12:02 AM
There was a cartoon character called Granny Sweet. She was on a show called Precious Pupp (http://www.cartoonscrapbook.com/P/preciouspupp1965.htm). I don't think I ever saw the show, but we had an album (I think it was this one (http://hanna-barbera.wikia.com/wiki/Precious_Pupp_and_Granny_Sweet_in_Hot_Rod_Granny)) that had a story or two on it. Granny Sweet was voiced by Janet Waldo, the same woman who voiced Judy Jetson.

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2009, 12:20 AM
I think I could be down with Jocasta in a Golden Girls Jedi 4 pack...her, Yaddle, and two other "mature" ladies with sabers and glaring stars of hate...actually that would be a cool battle pack. How are you going to shoot your granny....oh wait, Clones didn't have a granny, that's how...:(

El Chuxter
08-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Jocasta, Yaddle, Jira... maybe Padme's mom from the cut scene?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2009, 12:22 AM
How dare either of you plan a Golden Girls of Star Wars set and leave out Ackmena.

El Chuxter
08-18-2009, 12:24 AM
She has to go in the OT version, with Akmena, Mon Mothma, Aunt Beru, and... uh... Kaink. Maybe I'm forgetting someone obvious, but she's the only other old lady I can come up with. Unless Hasbro wants to repack the millions of Yarnas.

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2009, 12:25 AM
What about the crazy cat lady in the PM who tells Anakin...storm coming Ani, better get inside? Was she a Jedi? Apparently everyone on Tatooine was--according to EU--and Qui-Gon just kept his mouth shut to keep from blowing their cover.

She would be good in this pack!

GeonosisJedi
08-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Well, we all know he wants some kind of relationship to her . . . or maybe with her . . .

For heaven's sake...thats disguistingly ridiculous!

No, I am not related to Alethea McGrath....I am simply a big fan of Jedi, and I think that Jocasta is the most deserving Jedi to be made into an action figure.

As for the "Golden Girls" of Star Wars...an interesting idea, but absurd nonetheless.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Geo, it's cool to be down with the old Jedi ladies....they could probably thrash anyone of us if Dooku is an indication about how agile one is with the force and AARP...I'm sure JabbaJohn agrees...:lipsrsealed:

I think the Golden Girls angle would actually keep Jocasta from pegwarmmer limbo! :D

El Chuxter
08-18-2009, 12:48 AM
What about the crazy cat lady in the PM who tells Anakin...storm coming Ani, better get inside? Was she a Jedi? Apparently everyone on Tatooine was--according to EU--and Qui-Gon just kept his mouth shut to keep from blowing their cover.

She would be good in this pack!

That was Jira. "Funk's a-comin', Ani. I can feel it in me bones!"

(Now that was a blast from the past only two or three other people still here will get.)

RoonStones
08-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Well considering Hasbro has released a whole slew of useless one-line figures from the prequels already (Ric Olee, Typho, Pod-racers, people from AOTC cantina), not to mention every version of Padme from Project Runway, I can't see what they WOULDN'T release Jocasta. If you want her, you'll buy her. If you don't you won't. Simple as that. I barely even give a glance at prequel figures anymore. :o

pbarnard
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Jira wasn't Force sensitive. Just old and arthritic. Ask any one with osteoarthritis. We know when the pressure changes in the weather. You really do feel it in your bones. Those pansies with rhuemetoid arthritis are no good for weather forecastin'.

Slicker
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, we all know he wants some kind of relationship to her . . . or maybe with her . . .This from the perv that wants a one legged man.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2009, 01:27 PM
This from the perv that wants a one legged man.
At least when I want a figure, I don't devote a 16-page thread to it. :p

Qui-Long Gone
08-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Jira wasn't Force sensitive. Just old and arthritic. Ask any one with osteoarthritis. We know when the pressure changes in the weather. You really do feel it in your bones. Those pansies with rhuemetoid arthritis are no good for weather forecastin'.

Actually, according to EU, everyone on Tatooine was a Jedi undercover :rolleyes:

Old Fossil
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Speaking of Golden Girls, Ackmena should get made before that old bag Jocasnt. Ackmena could kick her librarian butt; not because Ackmena's a Jedi, but because she was a MARINE!

Then again, if Ackmena was on Tatooine, and the EU theory of Jedi on Tatooine is true, then Ackmena was both a Jedi AND a Marine! Surely worthy of an action figure, if any are...

GeonosisJedi
08-21-2009, 10:19 PM
At least when I want a figure, I don't devote a 16-page thread to it. :p

Well at least Jocasta Nu is getting some attention in this forum...

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Well at least Jocasta Nu is getting some attention in this forum...

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

OH, SNAP!!!!! I got burned bich lol

Tycho
08-22-2009, 01:36 AM
I want Nyrat Agira from Club Outlander.

Darth Jax
08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
I want Nyrat Agira from Club Outlander.

01. Noghri (generic commando)
02. Padme Nightgown (AOTC)
03. Padme Loyalist Commitee (AOTC)
04. Cliegg Lars
05. Tey How
06. Daultay Dofine
07. Jocasta Nu
08. Queen Jamilla (AOTC)
09. Midwife Droid (ROTS)
10. Queen Amidala - black dress Post-Senate
11. Joruus C'Boath
12. Gilliard Palleon (pref. Imperial Captain's rank, HTTE novels)
13. Captain Panaka (SA, softgoods, removeable hat)
14. Senator Amidala "Declaration of Galactic Empire" (ROTS)
15. Nomi Sunrider
16. Nom Anor
17. Guri (red/black dress, SOTE)
18. Anakin Solo (NJO novels)
19. Darth Sidious (Yoda Duel - ROTS)
20. Padme Amidala (Senate Landing Platform, Leia hair buns - ROTS)
21. Ysanne Isaard, head of Imperial Intelligence
22. Leia Organa-Solo (pregnant Jedi Apprentice from HTTE)
23. Corran Horn Jedi Knight (NJO novels)
24. Kyp Durron Rogue Jedi Master (NJO novels)
25. Senator Tiikes - Quarren Separatist Council Member from Mon Calamari
26. Rogwa Woodrata - Separatist Council Member
27. Kitster
28. Bom Vimdim - Mos Eisley Cantina
29. Wooof - Jabba's Palace
30. Tenel Ka Djo - one-armed Jedi Apprentice, NJO era

must not want her too badly, she didn't make your top 30

Tycho
08-22-2009, 10:05 AM
must not want her too badly, she didn't make your top 30

I know. Re-creating Club Outlander is not dependent on her figure.

In defense of Jocasta Nu, she is key to the Jedi Library scene.

palps45895
08-22-2009, 06:16 PM
As last poll was remember as the poll of the EU, I believe this poll will be remembered as the poll with the Jocasta Nu and Jaxxon campaigns...

2 obscure, and apparently reasonably successful, figure choices to be sure. With many haters and supporters on both sides. :yes:

GeonosisJedi
08-22-2009, 06:31 PM
As last poll was remember as the poll of the EU, I believe this poll will be remembered as the poll with the Jocasta Nu and Jaxxon campaigns...

2 obscure, and apparently reasonably successful, figure choices to be sure. With many haters and supporters on both sides. :yes:

Indeed, Palps...give it up for the grassroots!
As for Jaxxon however...I'm a hater, but I respect any grassroots efforts to get a character made!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Tycho
08-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Now I love a lot (not all) of Dark Horse Comics and Del Rey Books (and Scholastic Books!) Expanded Universe, but Jaxxon (in my estimation) is a figure requested simply because he is so unusual that fans who want to be precoscious want to see if they can get the strangest thing possible made into a figure.

Well, then I submit Dead Owen and Dead Beru from ANH.

If you want strange but possibly sales-supported EU, try Droma, the alien that briefly flies as co-pilot of the Millennium Falcon after Chewbacca dies in the New Jedi Order series. There are picture references and his species (it escapes me at the moment) looks interesting.

But the getting the most-obscure-made has been a part of this hobby from the get-go. Jek Porkins, Wuher, the Ice Cream Maker Guy (Wilrow Hood), I dare say Yarna dal Gargon (for some collectors anyway) were all sort of jokes - like it is when I jokingly say "they should make the Naboo Holy Man" who married Anakin and Padme (though I'd buy him for that scene if they did). I think Old Jira is another such character.

Note: I really do NOT think Jocasta Nu is such a joke of a character to be made. Her appearance in a Jedi Temple / Library diorama is rather critical to the scene. She might not be as interesting as say Lama Su and Taun We, but she approaches that sort of use for a new plastic figure (the non-action scene). Geeze, just really articulate her arms and pack her with a lightsaber. She was a retired Jedi (sort of retired) and I'm sure she still had a lightsaber and might have even (out of habit) carried it with her during her duties in the library. The Jedi were at war with the Separatists at that time anyway - and sure enough, Grievous did attack Coruscant.

Blue2th
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I don't read enough EU. I had to look Jaxxon up. What the...He's a rabbit! :shocked: lol

I like him already. 13 siblings? His parents must have been going at it like er rabbits.

Droid
08-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Wuher and Yarna were never joke figures to anyone who wanted them. No one who appeared in the cantina or Jabba's Palace would be a joke figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Wuher and Yarna were never joke figures to anyone who wanted them. No one who appeared in the cantina or Jabba's Palace would be a joke figure.
Indeed, especially Wuher. He had a few lines in the film, and if you are putting together your cantina diorama with all the main characters and all the background aliens, you certainly need a bartender to serve them all.

I didn't think Porkins was a joke either. He's one of the few pilots named on screen, and he stands out a bit. They had made Biggs, Wedge and a couple other pilots before him, so why not Porkins?

Blue2th
08-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Porkins is kind of a pun (joke) on his name with being porky. Star Wars never took itself too seriously.

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 03:34 AM
I agree, seeing Yarna an the shelves for more than a year after it's release got annoying...but so did seeing Breha...she got to be much worse than any pegwarmer of the past in my area. Since April, there has been a constant flow of Breha, Breha, Breha.Except not, those Breha figures weren't in anywhere near as many case revisions as Yarna, yet still buried pegs in my area (Target seems to have the most of them).

I still am confident, however, that Jocasta would be a larger success than those figures.What would make it so?

If Jocasta does not win the Fan's Choice Poll this year, I think it would be a good idea to try to release her in a multipack of sorts, with other Jedi, or even base it off the scene from the ROTS videogame.What scene in the game is that? I never played it.

And if she becomes a peg warmer, what will you do? :thumbsup:Isn't it obvious??? He'll be less confident. ;)

The way I understand this poll to work is that Hasbro will receive lists from every fan site that takes part in their Q&As. Then Hasbro will choose from those lists who will be the fan choice figure. So, even in the unlikely event that Jocasta makes #1 on every single of those lists, it's still no guarantee that Hasbro will choose her as the fan choice figure.The top 30 lists from each Q&A site will be combined to create a master ranked list, the most common 30 figures from that will make up ToyFare Magazine's final Fans Choice poll, and then fans will vote from there, with the winner of THAT poll being the fans choice figure. However, Hasbro has suggested that these lists are very important to them and they use them as a roadmap, so anything that makes the final 30 will be likely made in the next few years (since the '06 top 25 list had 20 finally made).

Jocasta, Yaddle, Jira... maybe Padme's mom from the cut scene?Not old enough. How about Toonbuck Toora? That'd blow collectors' minds. Or the ESB Emperor, it's an old lady... with monkey eyes.

She has to go in the OT version, with Akmena, Mon Mothma, Aunt Beru, and... uh... Kaink. Maybe I'm forgetting someone obvious, but she's the only other old lady I can come up with. Unless Hasbro wants to repack the millions of Yarnas.Good lord, how did you miss Mon Mothma? And how is it possible that we fans can we have both an OT Golden Girls and a PT Golden Girls?

I am simply a big fan of Jedi, and I think that Jocasta is the most deserving Jedi to be made into an action figure.Holy crap, now it's "most deserving"?!? MOST?!? There are no other Jedi in your mind more deserving of an action figure? None at all?

As for the "Golden Girls" of Star Wars...an interesting idea, but absurd nonetheless.Yeah, that's the absurd part, not the fact that there are enough old lady action figures that could be made to do this TWICE. ;)

How is Jocasta Nu any more useless than Ric Olee?
Well considering Hasbro has released a whole slew of useless one-line figures from the prequels already (Ric Olee, Typho, Pod-racers, people from AOTC cantina), not to mention every version of Padme from Project Runway, I can't see what they WOULDN'T release Jocasta. If you want her, you'll buy her. If you don't you won't. Simple as that. I barely even give a glance at prequel figures anymore. :oWell, Ric Olie is a pilot and an action guy and faces the Trade Federation hoard who have overrun his planet, while Jocasta Nu is a cranky old lady who is dumber than a bag of wet hammers and does diddly squat.

Actually, according to EU, everyone on Tatooine was a Jedi undercover :rolleyes:Some twice over!

Speaking of Golden Girls, Ackmena should get made before that old bag Jocasnt. Ackmena could kick her librarian butt; not because Ackmena's a Jedi, but because she was a MARINE!Hells yeah! Bea Arthur was an awesome actor and comedienne. I'd buy a Bea Arthur figure gladly, she could be on the other side of the cantina from Wuher.

Then again, if Ackmena was on Tatooine, and the EU theory of Jedi on Tatooine is true, then Ackmena was both a Jedi AND a Marine! Surely worthy of an action figure, if any are...Actually, she was a Sith:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23418

In defense of Jocasta Nu, she is key to the Jedi Library scene.Yes, and what an exciting scene to recreate. I'm sure collectors the world around are just champing at the bit to pose 2 figures standing in a library having a brief discussion about the accuracy of reference materials.

Note: I really do NOT think Jocasta Nu is such a joke of a character to be made. Her appearance in a Jedi Temple / Library diorama is rather critical to the scene. She might not be as interesting as say Lama Su and Taun We, but she approaches that sort of use for a new plastic figure (the non-action scene).Seriously, it's 2 people in a library having a brief discussion, this is NOT a pertinent scene. You can't convey symbolism through that kind of diorama. Maybe the Jedi Council chiding Anakin and then letting him anyway, but even that is still kinda "thinky" prequel drivel. By that argument, you may as well have figures of EVERYTHING, any moment where anything happened ever. The cardboard standees in ANH and ROTJ? Make them as action figures. The various different guys in the control room when Vader's shuttle lands in ROTJ? Figures for each. Every Jedi in the background of the temple in AOTC and ROTS? Figures of each. Every separate senator no matter how far in the background? Gotta have them. Doesn't anybody else feel like dredging this deep pushes us deeper and deeper into the point of critical mass? It's a miracle Hasbro has kept the line going this long after the films, especially such unengaging films that the prequels are to mass audiences, but I doubt I'm alone in thinking there's a point where they're going to run out of casual collectors to prop up the line with sales of Vader and Luke, and once faced having to buy "fuzzy blob shadow from the back of Jabba's Palace on the right #3" characters are just going to walk away.

... damn, I'm gonna have to use that for my sig.

Wuher and Yarna were never joke figures to anyone who wanted them. No one who appeared in the cantina or Jabba's Palace would be a joke figure.Fully agreed. Both are kind of the same thing, they are the average alien types who are basically the schlubs of the SW universe, they are a unique voice even within their bizarre settings. Yarna speaks to the type of person Jabba is, and she had tons of screen time right in the lens.

Tycho
08-23-2009, 04:11 AM
I agree about Wuher myself, as that was the first make-a-figure campaign I contributed to back in 1998.

Interesting tangent that seems relevant to this thread, I overheard several kids I imagined to be around 5-7 shopping with their mom in Target today.

She said, "Ooh. Here's Transformers. And the kids said, "No look Mom! Here's Star Wars!"

And then the kids said something that pleasantly surprised me. They were into the Star Wars Lego Sets, and the mom showed him the AAT Tank and said "What about this one? You don't have a lot of bad-guys stuff for your Clones to fight at home."

But the kid replied, "Yeah, but this one comes with HAN SOLO!" (must've been the Millennium Falcon. I wasn't over by the Lego sets.)

But it was nice to know that 5-7 year old Star Wars fans know who Han Solo is, let alone think he's cool as ####!

sebillba
08-23-2009, 04:55 AM
You mean they weren't screaming out for a Jocasta Nu figure??!!

Nice story. :D

GeonosisJedi
08-23-2009, 10:23 AM
JT, to answer your questions:

Jocasta Nu appears in a cutscene before playing the level where you kill all the Jedi. Anakin and the 501st go to the temple, and it shows her in the Archives. She is approached by Anakin, who asks for access to the Temple Beacon. Sencing that something isnt right, she takes out her blue-bladed LIGHTSABER (:shocked:), but Anakin puts her in a force hold and stabs her through the chest. :cry:

Yes, I think that Jocasta is the most deserving Jedi to be made into an action figure, but I do think that Cin Drallig, Coleman Kcaj, and other backround Jedi should be made too. Jocasta remains the only Jedi with a speaking role yet to be made.

I just want to add that I thought it was a huge mistake for Hasbro to continuously re-release Yarna with other waves during the course of this Line. It had its few months at retail, dont continue with it. If Jocasta Nu wins, I wouldnt want there to be a continuous re-release, let the figure just have its chance in its own wave, dont bombard retailers with repacks.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

palps45895
08-23-2009, 11:16 AM
That's absolutely correct. They can release her 1-2 per figure in a case and everything will be fine. Just don't go overboard with it...

If they design her with some kind of removable cloak or soft goods, they can even use the body sculpt for some other random female jedi someday (hint, hint Hasbro...).

They could do the same with Tey How, btw... careful on the body sculpt, then they could switch heads for a Daultay Dofine the next year or something. Hasbro needs to start thinking strategicly like that.

El Chuxter
08-23-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't read enough EU. I had to look Jaxxon up. What the...He's a rabbit! :shocked: lol

I like him already. 13 siblings? His parents must have been going at it like er rabbits.

That's what's great about him. He was obviously always intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Star Wars, especially EU, has lost a lot of that goofy fun over the years.

vger
08-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Jocasta would sell okay if she were packed with a lightsaber (so she looks interesting and action-y in the package) and the column with the bust of Dooku on it. Also, she would need to have an alternate figure that shares her droid part (like wave 3 or 4's Felucia Clone Trooper and the other Clone Commander) so she wouldn't pegwarm as badly as Yarna and Breha.

I'm not interested in seeing her as a figure any time soon, but she would be more interesting to me than Yarna or ICMG since she's a Jedi.

I am sick of seeing Yarna and Breha on shelves and am upset that ICMG took up a slot in the ESB wave since there are other characters I'd like to see from ESB first, like updates to Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, Bespin Escape Leia, brown vest Hoth Rebel, etc.

palps45895
08-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I agree. The new comics are way too serious. Goofy fun is a lot of what SW is about, even in the films sometimes.

I have read my son all the old Marvels and all the new Dark Horse.
His favorites are the Marvels.
In fact, he still makes me reread the series over and over to him.

He was REALLY excited to find the Lumiya pack the other day.
Kiro is another character he really, really likes.

GeonosisJedi
08-23-2009, 04:15 PM
The momentum continues!
Jocasta Nu places 1st place on our Top 30 listing, on JediTempleArchives, JediNews, DewbackPatrol, and Sandtroopers.com.

She also stands pretty well on numerous other sites as well.

Soon enough, the final polling will begin, and the path to victory shall be clear!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Devo
08-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes, and what an exciting scene to recreate. I'm sure collectors the world around are just champing at the bit to pose 2 figures standing in a library having a brief discussion about the accuracy of reference materials.

Seriously, it's 2 people in a library having a brief discussion, this is NOT a pertinent scene. You can't convey symbolism through that kind of diorama. Maybe the Jedi Council chiding Anakin and then letting him anyway, but even that is still kinda "thinky" prequel drivel. By that argument, you may as well have figures of EVERYTHING, any moment where anything happened ever. The cardboard standees in ANH and ROTJ? Make them as action figures. The various different guys in the control room when Vader's shuttle lands in ROTJ? Figures for each. Every Jedi in the background of the temple in AOTC and ROTS? Figures of each. Every separate senator no matter how far in the background? Gotta have them. Doesn't anybody else feel like dredging this deep pushes us deeper and deeper into the point of critical mass? It's a miracle Hasbro has kept the line going this long after the films, especially such unengaging films that the prequels are to mass audiences, but I doubt I'm alone in thinking there's a point where they're going to run out of casual collectors to prop up the line with sales of Vader and Luke, and once faced having to buy "fuzzy blob shadow from the back of Jabba's Palace on the right #3" characters are just going to walk away.

I laughed at the first paragraph I've quoted above. Very true. But then I realised I ought not to laugh too much because, yes, I would buy "various different guys in the control room when Vader's shuttle lands in ROTJ....and....fuzzy blob shadow from the back of Jabba's Palace on the right #3" such is my desire to build as diverse and as thorough an OT collection as I can. So I can't slag off GeonosisJedi and his peculiar fixation on Jocasta Nu.

pbarnard
08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
That's what's great about him. He was obviously always intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Star Wars, especially EU, has lost a lot of that goofy fun over the years.

Barbels. Lots and lots of Barbels. They're crazy.

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
That's absolutely correct. They can release her 1-2 per figure in a case and everything will be fine. Just don't go overboard with it...Yarna was never more than 1 per case in any of those revisions, I believe, same with Breha Organa. Most figures aren't more than 2 per case ever anymore due to manufacturing limitations (they can only make so many at a time).

That's what's great about him. He was obviously always intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Star Wars, especially EU, has lost a lot of that goofy fun over the years.I think that kind of humor goes well beyond the Star Wars type of fun into a realm of cartoony absurdism. Jaxxon reminds me of that type of crossing that humor line that was edited out of ANH, like Lil' Flash Gordon or the nonchalant whistling through the Death Star corridors. That stuff is cute for a blooper reel only and sticks out like a sore thumb when left in the film. Look at Jar Jar or Wicket with their antics - their respective races actually had fairly adequate battle scenes, but the 1 token cartoony kid character ruins the whole shebang.

Jocasta... would need to have an alternate figure that shares her droid part (like wave 3 or 4's Felucia Clone Trooper and the other Clone Commander) so she wouldn't pegwarm as badly as Yarna and Breha.That would cannibalize sales of Jocasta, not help them.

I'm not interested in seeing her as a figure any time soon, but she would be more interesting to me than Yarna or ICMG since she's a Jedi.To me, the prequels have devalued the point of being a Jedi, especially Ep 2 and 3. The only kind of Jedi I still daydream about being like is that mystical warrior-wizard Obi-Wan hinted at in the OT, and some of the pieces of the Thrawn trilogy.

I laughed at the first paragraph I've quoted above. Very true. But then I realised I ought not to laugh too much because, yes, I would buy "various different guys in the control room when Vader's shuttle lands in ROTJ....and....fuzzy blob shadow from the back of Jabba's Palace on the right #3" such is my desire to build as diverse and as thorough an OT collection as I can.Glad you enjoyed it, it made me laugh too. Your quote highlights the fact that I deleted the "of" during an edit though, I've gone back and added it. That's what the scene is to me too, people having a brief, unproductive discussion in a library. And worst of all, the whole thing is completely covered by Obi-Wan's discussion with Yoda right afterwards, it's an absolutely unneeded scene. I think that's a big part of my reticence over Jocasta Nu vs. something like the fuzzy blob in the back of Jabba's Palace, that scene is saying a lot and has a lot going on, it's a vital scene and every character is adding to that ambiance, each one is a risk for our heroes. Jocasta Nu is - aside from the character-specific issues we've discussed here endlessly already - in an entirely limp scene that is totally useless to the film and lacks personality and essence. I feel like that scene and character is too manufactured, like a lot more of the prequels than the OT, but especially this specific part where there's so little going on and so little paying into the larger dynamic of the saga that it's just a bland exercise in CGI set design and costuming rather than storytelling - it's the type of scene that would add a little business to the page of a novel, but on the screen it's hollow and flat and slowing things down.

El Chuxter
08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
But the joke was that Jaxxon was bad-arse. Everyone in-universe assumed he'd be a Jar Jar sort of loser, but he was no cream puff. Imagine if something as cute and unassuming as Wicket became not a competent warrior, but a bloodsucking creature of darkness (who happened to be a good guy). Then multiply that by a zillion. That's more Jaxxon's speed.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2009, 09:32 PM
But the joke was that Jaxxon was bad-arse. Everyone in-universe assumed he'd be a Jar Jar sort of loser, but he was no cream puff. Imagine if something as cute and unassuming as Wicket became not a competent warrior, but a bloodsucking creature of darkness (who happened to be a good guy). Then multiply that by a zillion. That's more Jaxxon's speed.So, it was a rip off of the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail then?

"Look at the bones!!!"

palps45895
08-23-2009, 09:36 PM
I count Jaxxon appearing on at least 9 polls final results. One rated as high as #3...

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 09:39 PM
I honestly don't think visually he'll capture the larger hearts and minds of collectors, but I can't wait to be surprised.

pbarnard
08-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Just remember, Hasbro doesn't have to do anything with this. Hasbro's Fan Choose the next figure that they said they wanted but didn't and created a massive peg warmer despite our (Hasbro's) most subtle and overt warning polls.

I think collecting sites need to have like scientific journals like impact factors, but that's a whole other debate. Because certain sites with only a dozen or so response shouldn't carry as much weight as sights with hundreds plus responses.

Darth Jax
08-23-2009, 09:42 PM
for me Jaxxon is the ultimate joke figure - but i'll buy 2 of him. Jocasta is just a joke and i won't be buying her.

palps45895
08-23-2009, 09:55 PM
I believe both figures will sell real well, actually, despite anyone's thinking to the contrary, lol.

Jocasta will sell to anyone wanting more Jedi Knights. Period. Everyone remembers her smart-mouth from AOTC.

I think Jaxxon would surpise everyone in his popularity. All these kids who like CW will be jumping on him... "Look, Mom! A giant green bunny!" My 7-year old daughter likes SW some, but only wants girl figures and maybe Anakin, and then Yoda... I know when she sees a green bunny she'll want that. I really think sales on Jaxxon would surprise us. Sounds stupid, but I really think he'll sell - especially to the kids who are into CW.

bigbarada
08-23-2009, 10:06 PM
There is no way in the world I would buy a Jocasta Nu figure, but I would definitely buy a Jaxxon figure just in honor of the incredible amount of testicular fortitude that it would require on Hasbro's part to even make him in the first place.:)

Qui-Long Gone
08-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Jocasta will sell to anyone wanting more Jedi Knights.

Or anyone wanting cookies...assuming she comes with a batch of chocolate chip!

Jocasta will sell to anyone wanting more Jedi Knights.

Jar Jar was a better Jedi...

Everyone remembers her smart-mouth from AOTC.

I know that was my favorite scenes...a standout in the SW mythos...full of action, romance, fun, plot....I don't think anyone remembers her....

bigbarada
08-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Or anyone wanting cookies...assuming she comes with a batch of chocolate chip!

She'd have to come packed with a $10 bill for me to buy her, but even then I'd only be willing to pay $7.50 for her.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2009, 11:57 PM
But the joke was that Jaxxon was bad-arse. Everyone in-universe assumed he'd be a Jar Jar sort of loser, but he was no cream puff. Imagine if something as cute and unassuming as Wicket became not a competent warrior, but a bloodsucking creature of darkness (who happened to be a good guy). Then multiply that by a zillion. That's more Jaxxon's speed.
"The name's Jaxxon, or Jax for short -- WHICH I AIN'T!!!"

That's either the best or worst thing to ever come out of Star Wars. :D

The Jar Jar Binks figure from The Clone Wars came and went in a flash, and since Jar Jar and Jaxxon are very similar, I suppose I could see him doing as well as that figure. Jar Jar used an all-new sculpt and obviously Jaxxon would need one too, so they're used to budgeting in for figures like that every now and then. Even though Jar Jar had the entertainment support and Jaxxon doesn't, I still think he could do (relatively) well. He has the same "joke figure" appeal that Yarna supposedly did, but casual fans wouldn't necessarily be turned off by him like they would a naked obese woman, and he'd likely have a much greater appeal to kids. So I don't think it would be an issue. Slap him in a comic pack with Han and he'll do fine.

She'd have to come packed with a $10 bill for me to buy her, but even then I'd only be willing to pay $7.50 for her.
Perhaps they could indeed include two Clone Cash coupons with each figure - but to sweeten the deal, they'd also need to include a handwritten apology. :D

El Chuxter
08-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Maybe Jaxxon might show up in the Clone Wars cartoon. He's already a wanted fugitive by this point.

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/comic/#/?page=159

Yes, that is Jaxxon on the second page. The Wookiepedia entry says it's his name in Aurebesh on the wanted poster.

I've been on the fence even about Clone Wars Jawas, but if Jaxxon appeared in the cartoon and was made into a figure, that'd be the first Clone Wars figure I actively sought out.

palps45895
08-24-2009, 08:49 AM
INTERESTING find on that recent Jaxxon appearance... I think that's the first we've seen of him in, oh say, 30 years!

Weird synchronicity, huh?

Could Lucasfilm have already had thought of throwing him into CW, what with the new Bounty Hunters and stuff? That would be just plain weird to have been unknowingly happening while, at the same time across town, a bunch of fans came up with the idea to slap Jaxxon up on this poll...

Very strange.

BTW, with all the human characters that look to be destined to be on this final poll... Jaxxon just may be able to grab the youth vote... :squareeye

Devo
08-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I suppose I'd consider getting Jocasta Nu for use as a random backgrounder in a Naboo scene - like I will be using Breha and Bail organa. I just have no interest in recreating that pointless Library scene which was only put in to show what a jedi library looks like.

Blue2th
08-24-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm a big fan of 2D cartoons, so that silliness of a Jaxxon would appeal to me. It's the Bugs Bunny factor only in a big green bunny that kicks arse.
There's something kinda Alice in Wonderland Donnie Darko creepy about a man sized rabbit that might appeal to adults too.
I'd rather have him in realistic style, but I'd settle for a Clone Wars animated one. I double dog dare Hasbro to make one.

Out with the old bag, in with the new. Just say no to Jocasta 'cause she's not nu er new.

The time is right for change... the time is right for JAXXON! lol

JAXXON FOR FANS CHOICE FIGURE!!!

GeonosisJedi
08-24-2009, 12:31 PM
What is with this appeal to Jaxxon...he's a BUNNY RABBIT! At least Jocasta is a film character, and a Jedi!

But Jocasta has remained in good shape as more results from other sites have been released...hopefully she will remain so to the end.

Its time for a NU figure....

JOCASTA NU for FANS CHOICE FIGURE!

El Chuxter
08-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Its time for a NU figure...
I didn't realize she was affiliated with National University. Is she a professor or a student?

(Rimshot!)

TeeEye7
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
It's time for a new figure....how about a Bothan?

pbarnard
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Being a film character can be considered a draw back. Some characters have never had to suffer through Lucas' declining writing.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
It's time for a new figure....how about a Bothan?
They made a Bothan and put him in a comic pack with a crappy Wedge a few months ago, so that's something.

Blue2th
08-24-2009, 01:01 PM
What is with this appeal to Jaxxon...he's a BUNNY RABBIT! At least Jocasta is a film character, and a Jedi!

But Jocasta has remained in good shape as more results from other sites have been released...hopefully she will remain so to the end.

Its time for a NU figure....

JOCASTA NU for FANS CHOICE FIGURE!

An oversized dog (walking carpet) a rabbitt, anyone who hangs out with Han Solo is cool by me.

Say hello to my lil' friend...Jaxxon! :p

TeeEye7
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
They made a Bothan and put him in a comic pack with a crappy Wedge a few months ago, so that's something.

I was unknowing. I've passed on all of the comic packs, but thanks for the info JJL! Something to look into.

[edit] Just saw the comic pack online....not bad, I guess.....

Blue2th
08-24-2009, 01:06 PM
I was unknowing. I've passed on all of the comic packs, but thanks for the info JJL! Something to look into.

Many Bothan spies died to get you that info. :lipsrsealed:

Qui-Long Gone
08-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Jocasta's popularity makes her the Sarah Palin of SW action figures...a mystery, a genuine mystery.....:rolleyes:

pbarnard
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I think Jocasta Nu is a Bothan conspiracy...they'd play politics to throw this red herring to hide their true devious plans.

TeeEye7
08-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Don't underestimate the power of The SHHH!

...A librarian Jedi's greatest weapon....

pbarnard
08-24-2009, 01:29 PM
I have spent the last 15+ years in University libraries. Outside of designated quiet areas, you can talk pretty freely and in normal voices.

Dark Marble
08-24-2009, 01:52 PM
I have to say I am really suprised that Jocasta is getting such strong support. After the Yarna fiasco I would figure that characters like this would be off peoples minds. As a whole it is funny to see what we are down to as far as requested characters go. Queens from AOTC and ROTS, Jocasta Nu, and a resculpt of Weequay. Maybe it is time for the movie line to go away for a while.

dindae
08-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Personally I will buy any figure that was on screen. I think any figure at this point that had a line should get a figure. I was really happy seeing the line as they laid it out at Comic-Con. I do actually want Jocasta Nu figure. It isn't the first figure I want or even in the top 30 but I have a lot of pegwarmers in that list too but at this point I don't have the strong desire for certain fiugres since most have been covered. I remeber really wanting Ephant Mon because he was massive and cool looking and when the made him I was estatic. Then I moved on to Hermi Odle for the same reasons. But now there aren't any strong choices for me. I have figures like Sim Aloo that I want because he was in the original Kenner line, people with lines, Jabba's palace, cantina patrons, pod racers, etc. but none of them are going to haunt me if they announced the line was ending in 2010.

I would be highly surprised if Jocasta Nu wasn't a big pegwarmer. Even if she is a the most awesome EU jedi in the world on screen you have nothing and kids aren't buying figures on novels. I also don't think that one pegwarmer is going to be that harmful to the line. However that being said the fact that we as collectors are voting to put up characters like Jocasta Nu and Jaxxon (a spoof character from a comic series 25 years ago) tells me that the line is circling the drain. Sure Clone wars is doing well and when the live action series starts there might be a jolt in the arm. But as far as a main Legacy line it is getting slim.

As a side note I did see some green rabbits in the latest issue of Legacy.

vger
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
That would cannibalize sales of Jocasta, not help them.

If she were in an eight-figure wave, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but if she were in a six-figure wave some of the case assortments would have two of each figure included. This is where another figure (GH most likely)with the same droid part would come in handy. Then only every other set of the new wave would include Jocasta.

El Chuxter
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Maybe she could be in two consecutive six-figure waves, one per case with her part shared with a reissued or paint-variant Stormtrooper or other OT army builder. I don't think a PT army builder, especially a Phase-1 Clonetrooper, would work, as they're from the same period. I doubt anyone who hates Jocasta would be too miffed about grabbing a Stormtrooper to finish the droid.

pbarnard
08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Wait, putting the droid part with a stormtrooper, even the removable helmet/jango underneath variety guarantees her status...Hope she likes Yarna!!!

El Chuxter
08-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I can't figure out another way to get her one per case and not tick off people who want her part, but not her. I was pretty annoyed that I had to either choose one of the worst Emperor figures ever or a Kashyyyk Clonetrooper to get a final part to a droid when I liked all the other figures.

Qui-Long Gone
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I have spent the last 15+ years in University libraries. Outside of designated quiet areas, you can talk pretty freely and in normal voices.

Can, but really shouldn't....I've spent that much time in University libraries and it's still annoying...I would be a great Jocasta padawan! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I can't figure out another way to get her one per case and not tick off people who want her part, but not her. I was pretty annoyed that I had to either choose one of the worst Emperor figures ever or a Kashyyyk Clonetrooper to get a final part to a droid when I liked all the other figures.
Don't forget - for all we know, the Droid Factory thing could be ending next year. They said the Legacy Collection is going through spring 2010, and while it's possible they keep the build-a-droids (and I really hope they do), they might have moved on to something else by the time Jocasta gets released.

And you really thought the Palpatine was that bad? It's one of my favorites of the character. The plastic hood works really well, I think.

Devo
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM
But the softgoods robe is still crap. The face is useless for a ROTJ Emperor and monkey face only ever appeared as a head&shoulders hologram in the original ESB. A useless figure in so many ways.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
But the softgoods robe is still crap. The face is useless for a ROTJ Emperor and monkey face only ever appeared as a head&shoulders hologram in the original ESB. A useless figure in so many ways.
I'm gonna guess you don't own it? The face isn't that specific; clearly, I mean, it's supposed to be the monkey eyes version, but it's generic enough to be from ROTJ, if you so choose. I really do think it looks better in person, but that's just me.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
I think the soft goods aren't quite as bad as the Evolution version. If only it weren't so long, I think it would be okay. You might be able to cut it and get it to the right length, but I'd rather not risk messing it up worse than it is.

El Chuxter
08-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Every one I saw had a massively oversized hood.

Devo
08-25-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm gonna guess you don't own it? The face isn't that specific; clearly, I mean, it's supposed to be the monkey eyes version, but it's generic enough to be from ROTJ, if you so choose. I really do think it looks better in person, but that's just me.

Actually I do. I bought a case of this wave from BBTS. They didn't have a few of the figures available singularly.

GeonosisJedi
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Well after seeing all the results from the different websites, it looks like Jocasta Nu definately has a spot in the final Top 30.

Her and Cliegg Lars anre definately close though...

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Blue2th
08-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Yup her and Cliegg look to be in the top 10, with a slight edge on Cliegg. Ben Quadrinaros comin' up on the outside...it's a podrace folks. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Yup her and Cliegg look to be in the top 10, with a slight edge on Cliegg. Ben Quadrinaros comin' up on the outside...it's a podrace folks. :)
Luckily, Cliegg's hoverchair can to 0 to 60 in one second flat. :D

Qui-Long Gone
08-27-2009, 01:36 AM
What is often left out of Cliegg's story is that before his Shmi rescue, he was training a certain future Jedi named Chuck Norris....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2009, 02:00 AM
What is often left out of Cliegg's story is that before his Shmi rescue, he was training a certain future Jedi named Chuck Norris....
He got too tired of kicking the Tusken Raiders, so he ripped off his legs and proceeded to use them to beat the living hell out of everyone in sight!!!

Qui-Long Gone
08-27-2009, 02:04 AM
That would explain his self-hate...if he had only torn off the other leg, he probably could have saved his wife and we never would have seen Annie go batshi@ crazy on toddlers in the Jedi Temple....thanks for calming down your rage too early Lars! :mad:

Blue2th
08-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Luckily, Cliegg's hoverchair can to 0 to 60 in one second flat. :D

With a Hoveround you truly are free to see the world! :grin:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
On CartoonNetwork.com, there's a few promos for new shows; scroll through and you'll see one for The Clone Wars. In one shot, you can see a Skrilling attack GeonosisJedi's lover, or something. Hopefully she gets beat up in every episode. :D

bigbarada
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
In one shot, you can see a Skrilling attack GeonosisJedi's lover, or something. Hopefully she gets beat up in every episode. :D

A Skrilling? As in Pote Snitkin's species? Sweet! :)

GeonosisJedi
08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Jocasta Nu will be in The Clone Wars?
That is great news...Im sure she'll handly defeat any skrilling that comes her way!

Does anyone have an exact link to that particular promo?

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
A Skrilling? As in Pote Snitkin's species? Sweet! :)
Yup, it's a Pote look-alike (or, for all I know, the big man himself).

Does anyone have an exact link to that particular promo?
It's just on the main page at cartoonnetwork.com; theres no link to the video by itself yet. When you go there, a video will play; there's a number of videos to choose from, and this is the one with the picture of the Clawdite bounty hunter.

bigbarada
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I did spot the Skrilling, but it wasn't clear who he was attacking. There's also another promo on the site that clearly shows Bossk and it makes a point to show that it really is Bossk, not just some random Tradoshan.

I can't wait for an animated figure of Bossk! :pleased:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2009, 12:26 AM
I did spot the Skrilling, but it wasn't clear who he was attacking. There's also another promo on the site that clearly shows Bossk and it makes a point to show that it really is Bossk, not just some random Tradoshan.

I can't wait for an animated figure of Bossk! :pleased:
If you look closely (it's a little quick), you can see that they're in the archives and it's an old woman he's attacking, so I just assumed it was Ms. Nu. Dave Filoni mentioned somewhere that there's a feature on the Blu-ray where you go into the archives and are guided by her (I just heard GeonosisJedi's head explode), so I assume she'll be in the show.

El Chuxter
08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Boy, if random Skrillings can get in so easily, no wonder Anakin was able to totally waste the Temple within one montage. They need a new security system!

GeonosisJedi
08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
If you look closely (it's a little quick), you can see that they're in the archives and it's an old woman he's attacking, so I just assumed it was Ms. Nu. Dave Filoni mentioned somewhere that there's a feature on the Blu-ray where you go into the archives and are guided by her (I just heard GeonosisJedi's head explode), so I assume she'll be in the show.

Indeed it did explode, JabbaJohn...haha. Thats very exciting news for sure, and I too spotted Jocasta in the archive shot in the promo.

Now Hasbro can make TWO figures of her, an animated one, and one based of AOTC! Haha...:thumbsup:

Not really...I just want her in her AOTC apperance.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Maerj2000
09-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Here ya go buddy:

When the Jedi militarized during the events of the Clone Wars, Jocasta Nu continued her role, but the preservation of Jedi knowledge -- and secrets -- became of utmost importance, especially when it became known that the Jedi Archives were subject to tampering. In The Clone Wars animated series, Jocasta Nu appears in the Season Two (2009) premiere episode, "Holocron Heist," written by Paul Dini and directed by Justin Ridge. Jedi Archive security is an important duty within the Temple, as Ahsoka Tano discovers in this episode. Here, Jocasta Nu is voiced by actor Flo DiRe.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jocastanu/index.html

Blue2th
09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I would imagine because of her appearance in CW, that if we get her there's a good chance she'll be animated style first.

GeonosisJedi
09-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Here ya go buddy:

When the Jedi militarized during the events of the Clone Wars, Jocasta Nu continued her role, but the preservation of Jedi knowledge -- and secrets -- became of utmost importance, especially when it became known that the Jedi Archives were subject to tampering. In The Clone Wars animated series, Jocasta Nu appears in the Season Two (2009) premiere episode, "Holocron Heist," written by Paul Dini and directed by Justin Ridge. Jedi Archive security is an important duty within the Temple, as Ahsoka Tano discovers in this episode. Here, Jocasta Nu is voiced by actor Flo DiRe.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jocastanu/index.html

That's great! Thanks for the link, I look foward to seeing her in action in The Clone Wars.

If Jocasta Nu wins Fans Choice or is finally slated to be made, I hope that Hasbro goes forth with the Legacy, AOTC Jocasta....not the Clone Wars...not that I would be against an animated Jocasta Nu, but I've been wanting an AOTC Jocasta for quite a while!

Slicker
09-10-2009, 02:48 AM
This is almost as disturbing as MSP's man/girl love for Ashoka...

pbarnard
09-10-2009, 07:32 AM
I've been wanting an AOTC Jocasta for quite a while!

Ummm, errr, ok. :lipsrsealed: :bandit::whip:

El Chuxter
09-10-2009, 01:21 PM
At least Jocasta is legal, though, Slick. ;)

Devo
09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
At least Jocasta is legal, though, Slick. ;)

It really ought not to be. Thats as freaky a thought as the opposite extreme.

Qui-Long Gone
09-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeh, in someways almost as freaky. :bandit:

Blue2th
09-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Jocasta Nu is going to warm your peg. :cheeky:

GeonosisJedi
09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Jocasta Nu is going to warm your peg. :cheeky:

You people are sick.

Qui-Long Gone
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM