PDA

View Full Version : ROTJ Family Guy

JediTricks
08-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Nothing was shown of it at Comic-Con, but they are writing it now.

The name has been changed from "The Great Muppet Caper" to "I Have a Very Bad Feeling About This" due to concerns that parents buying the actual Muppet movie would be upset when they got this instead.

Because of how many characters they used up in the first one, this ROTJ episode will use characters from Family Guy, American Dad, AND The Cleveland Show.

And that's all I remember.

Rocketboy
08-07-2009, 10:06 PM
The name has been changed from "The Great Muppet Caper" to "I Have a Very Bad Feeling About This" due to concerns that parents buying the actual Muppet movie would be upset when they got this instead.I guess parents are too dumb that they can't tell the difference between Peter Griffin and Kermit on the cover.

:rolleyes:

El Chuxter
08-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Not to mention it would presumably have "Family Guy" in big letters, followed by a colon and then "The Great Muppet Caper."

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Consider the people ordering off the internet, perhaps.

El Chuxter
08-14-2009, 05:17 PM
But even then, there'd be a scan of the cover and the full title. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 05:22 PM
But even then, there'd be a scan of the cover and the full title. It just doesn't make much sense to me.
1) Not always.

2) Well, too f'ing bad because that's the damned reason. :p

JimJamBonds
08-14-2009, 08:40 PM
A bit of a (possible) stupid question here but did they ever do a ESB episode because I don't remember hear about that?!?!?

DarkJedi5
08-14-2009, 08:49 PM
The ESB episode will be the season premier and should be on in a few months, Octoberish maybe.

Rocketboy
08-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Via Family Guy on Facebook:

Something Something Something Darkside will be released exclusively on Blu-ray & DVD on 12/22

JediTricks
08-15-2009, 12:43 AM
The ESB episode will be the season premier and should be on in a few months, Octoberish maybe.
Actually, they're shooting for the ESB episode to air Christmas, if they can finish production in time.

JimJamBonds
08-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Either way it will be "soonish" cool!!!

2-1B
08-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Horrible title, worse than The Phantom Menace.

Bring back Caper !!!

DarkJedi5
08-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Via Family Guy on Facebook:
Something Something Something Darkside will be released exclusively on Blu-ray & DVD on 12/22

Actually, they're shooting for the ESB episode to air Christmas, if they can finish production in time.

So is it straight to DVD then? I know these bring in huge bucks but It can't air around X-mas and be on dvd 12/22

JediTricks
08-19-2009, 10:25 PM
They didn't address that in the panel, but said it would be airing around Christmas IF they could finish it. I don't see how if they couldn't finish it for airing they could finish it for direct-to-video since that takes longer to produce.

Rocketboy
08-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Starwars.com (http://starwars.com/community/news/media/news20090821.html) has an article about the FG:SSSD DVD and they mention that Carl, from the Quahog Mini-Mart, will be Yoda. Hadn't seen that anywhere before.

DarkJedi5
08-21-2009, 06:06 PM
The article calls this the "second DVD premier feature" behind the Stewie Griffin movie. I guess that means this is straight to DVD and won't air, at least initially (even though the Stewie movie did end up airing in its entirety and in parts cut to the length of a single episode).

Rocketboy
08-21-2009, 10:47 PM
They should save the tv premiere of SSSD until May 21.

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 04:03 AM
That's very, very strange. Seth seemed quite clear about the expected airdate.

Rocketboy
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Something Something Something Darkside trailer. (http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/5760825)

Not a whole lot of funny stuff in there. Mostly just redone Empire shots.

DarkArtist
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
does anyone have the official date as to when the Empire episode is going to air. I'm so looking forward to seeing it.

Rocketboy
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
There is no air date (yet). Only the 12/22 DVD release.

Lord Malakite
12-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Well, JBF ordered the trilogy set from Amazon and it came a day early so I just got done watching Its a Trap. Must say that I liked this one more than Something, Something Darkside but not as much Blue Harvest. I'm going to hold my tongue for the most part right now though (don't want to spoil it for anyone). I did enjoy the Darth Twitty and the "Special Edition" alien though.

sith_killer_99
12-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I am downloading from iTunes. I will watch shortly.

Somewhere between Blue Harvest and Something Something Something Dark
Side?

I can live with that.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I thought I'd seen the whole Something, Something before, but with it on rerun last night, there were several parts I didn't recall seeing. Getting the box set today means I can go at my own pace. As a normally anti-FG watcher, I only make exceptions for the SW shows of it.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I watched them yesterday, and I actually L'dOL more at the ROJ one. I watched the ANH one as the sketch design extra feature, and it was different but still funny. The read-through extras were fun, as well. Did anyone else realize that they use really bad words, as opposed to the TV versions, in these DVDs? :eek: :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
12-24-2010, 01:07 PM
I did not laugh as much at the ROTJ one as I did the other two. :sad:

Rocketboy
12-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Did anyone else realize that they use really bad words, as opposed to the TV versions, in these DVDs? :eek: :rolleyes:They do with every Family Guy DVD set.

El Chuxter
12-24-2010, 05:17 PM
They have the option of watching it either way, right?

Rocketboy
12-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah, usually under Set Up, but I don't see that option on the DVD.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2010, 10:59 AM
They have the option of watching it either way, right?Yeah, the settings were "High School Student," "Cable TV Drama," "Sailor," and "Tourette's Syndrome." :p

And I was only #%&*<~@$ kidding about my shock.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-27-2010, 11:38 PM
As with the other two, there were some great moments, some not-so-great moments, and a lot of dead time while they basically just animate the movie (which is fine, I guess, but somewhat strange). Still, quite fun overall.

JEDIpartner
12-28-2010, 09:20 AM
The first one was largely funny. The second one was largely not funny. The third one was about 50/50.

Snowtrooper
12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Its a Trap is the weakest of the three, IMO. I still enjoyed it quite a bit, nevertheless. I was really bummed out about the Han vs Boba Fett part, though. I know they were making fun of how Boba Fett in ROTJ, died in a rather pathetic way, but I was expecting the next epic Peter vs the Chicken fight.

I know alot of you didn't like SSDS, but I hold it in high regard. It was the first time I really sat down and watched something from the Family Guy series and it got me hooked into the whole franchise.

Phantom-like Menace
12-29-2010, 02:26 AM
It's a Trap was easily the weakest of the bunch for me.

All that stood out in my mind was the use of the cleaning lady, and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reference, and of those, the only one I really found funny was the Fresh Prince reference. Some of the Seth Green comments were amusing. Well, I suppose I was amused by Han's complaining about the cutesy crap and demanding the Imperials remove their helmets to dig their own graves.

I was surprised by how much they shorted the Jabba's Palace stuff.

Beyond that, though, I kind of get the feeling they weren't kidding when they wrote in the crawl that they just didn't care this time out.

jonthejedi
12-29-2010, 05:56 AM
Ditto that...SW Robot Chicken III was a helluva lot funnier & snappier.

Phantom-like Menace
01-03-2011, 08:03 AM
A friend and I were just talking about Jeff Bridges, and in the middle of the conversation, I realized I forgot to mention the It's a Trap reference to The Big Lebowski. That was definitely funny.

JediTricks
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Got this for xmas on blu-ray, luckily that set has both blu and dvd, so I was able to watch it with my sister at her place a couple days ago. I'd agree with those who said it's between Blue Harvest and SSDS, this had funnier gags than SSDS and more of a point to the bits... usually. The trumpet gag over the dune sea was over the top, that went from cute joke to cheap filler. The art on this one was really good again, much better than SSDS, some parts looked traced (although I am confident it was all new just like Blue Harvest). The bit about the Ewoks braiding Leia's hair was dumb, her hair was braided in the movie before she met Wicket, it's just that she tied the braids around her hair while wearing a helmet - their joke on that felt like it was too cool for school, that's what really made it stand out as a miss for me. Anyway, it was amusing, but there was some cheap and lazy writing, some missed bits, and not having Cleveland Jr anywhere was a mistake, he would have made a great Wicket.