PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football '09

CaptainSolo1138
08-07-2009, 08:21 PM
KH isn't getting one going. Has anyone else started one? If not, I'll commish one.

Any takers? Let me know if we should get one going and/or PM me your email addy so we can get things rollin'.

UKWildcat
08-09-2009, 08:48 AM
You know I'm down, if we can get enough people.

DarthQuack
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm in again.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2009, 08:33 AM
I can only handle one league at a time, and as the defending champ of '08, I'll stay in the CBS Sportsline one. And I like listening in on all your weekly victories (and occasional agonies :pleased: ). I expect to have my own ups and downs, too.

But I do have an advice question about keepers. The league I'm in has a 2-player keeper rule, plus a 3-yr rookie rights rule (you draft a player prior to his first season, and you get to keep his rights for up to 3 years). I have RB Chris Henry (I inherited him from the pervious owner's squad) and QB Matt Ryan as rookies, but of the other 9 guys, I'm a little stumped about whom to keep. They are:
QB T.Romo DAL
RB T.Jones NYJ
RB R.Williams MIA
RB C.Taylor MIN
RB K.Faulk NE
WR R.Wayne IND
WR S.Moss WAS
WR D.Driver GB
TE D.Clark IND

I can only keep two, and I'm virtually certain I'll hold onto Thomas Jones (he's my only strongly established starting RB). I'm really waffling between Romo and Wayne for the 2nd player. Any advice or suggestions? I have to decide before Monday ends.

Qui-Long Gone
08-17-2009, 10:09 AM
I'll play, I've been looking to do a fantasy league this year, haven't done one before but I'll be happy to do one with my fellow forumites!

pbarnard
08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I may as well. Gives me more things to waste time at work with.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Based on Jones likely splitting carries with L.Washington, I decided to protect Romo and Wayne, so I won't have to draft a QB at all. Looking forward to defending my title this year! :pleased:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2009, 08:36 AM
So, our draft is done (20 on each roster... that took a few hours... :tired: ), and here are the starting 2009 Womp Rats:

QBs (T.Romo DAL, M.Ryan ATL)
RBs (L.McCoy PHI, C.Henry TEN, J.Jones SEA, J.Davis CLE, S.Morris NE, R.Williams MIA)
WRs (R.Wayne IND, V.Jackson SD, M.Jenkins ATL, M.Kelly WAS, S.Breaston ARI)
TEs (D.Clark IND, D.Lee GB)
Ks (R.LOngwell MIN, J.Elam ATL)
Defenses and Individual Defender (PIT, BUF, J.Farrior PIT)

... and here's a shot of me next to the trophy. El gigante prize, indeed! Hope to be able to keep said trophy for another year.

DarthQuack
09-07-2009, 08:09 AM
What the hell? Did I not even get an invite?

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Mine is not the SSG league.

DarthQuack
09-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Gotcha....I was gonna say...

Qui-Long Gone
09-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Are we doing this or what?

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I mean I've been out of it for the past few days, but we still got like 2 days, and with just ranking players, it could be done by Thursday.

Qui-Long Gone
09-08-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm in if this happens.

UKWildcat
09-08-2009, 11:21 AM
So is fantasy football a no-go this season?

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I took some initiative. Created a quicky league on Yahoo.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ssgffb09 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ssgffb09)

Password is sirsteve to join. Need at least 4 to have a go. If we can get people to sign up over the next 3 days, I'll set the draft for automatic on Wednesday night/thursday morning, with line ups due around 4 or 5 pm on Thursday afternoon Eastern time.

CaptainSolo1138
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for getting it going, Paul. However, a couple things:

*We need the league ID also.
*Can it be set up so it is NOT an autodraft? I'm sure that we can all find a time.

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to game front page (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1), click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below. League ID#: 919069
Password: sirsteve

Sorry bout that. Autodraft is probably the easiest to start with in 2 days, people in different time zones and with different work/school/bum schedules. Unless 2 other people can convince me, I'd leave it like that.

I'm not sure I can find the time as I'm trying to stay concious/not pass out from the pain right now at work. I can take an hour between GRE studying, experiments and pain killers to set up a list. Also start lamaze/child care classes at night for the next month and half, so I have no free time besides what I can squeeze at work between experiments/while the CE is running. I'll gladly resign "commissioner" status if there is an outcry for another drafting method.

UKWildcat
09-08-2009, 07:02 PM
I just joined; The Strangers as per usual.

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 07:41 PM
We need just one more...recruit. I'll try and hold off the draft as long as I can and just have everything ready to go for "game" time by Thursday.

UKWildcat
09-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah, try to set the draft time for Thursday morning or afternoon, if you can. It'd be nice to have more than 4 people playing.

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 07:16 AM
We're at 5 teams so one extra team would be a great benefit. I'll set the draft or try to set it for Thursday in the monring. If we stay at 5 teams, I'll switch the leage to total points. There's not a lot of flexibility there. To have a head to head leage you need even numbers. This would prevent drafting immediately. Apparently once I submit it, it goes into a queue and when it's our league's turn it's our leagues turn.

FINAL PLEA, FEEL FREE TO JOIN UP.

So for now, I'll switch to points mode. And if we stay at 5, hit the submit button on Thursday morning. I'll be the lab early so it's not that big a deal. Hopefully we'll be drafted and ready to go by Thursday afternoon.

Qui-Long Gone
09-09-2009, 09:02 AM
The Tumbleweeds of Death are ready to win this season!:D

Darth Metalmute
09-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I'll play if you still need one more. Joined as Spaceman Spiff.

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 09:32 AM
6 Teams...Woohoo!!! We can go up to 10 teams before I have to change anything. So not a problem.

However my Tampa Ons will apply pressure such that has never been experienced by any mortal man.

Qui-Long Gone
09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
The Tumbleweeds of Death will roll your Tampa Ons...:D

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I want to hear from those signed up so far...do you want head to head or just raw points? (Depending on even or odd # of people after submitted tomorrow morning)?

Oh, the only thing the Tumbleweeds do get pushed around in every direction.

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2009, 12:49 PM
If you guys need another player I am willing to join.

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Please sign up. No where near "filled" so the more the merrier now.

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Yahoo is very slow right now, but as soon as I can get in I'll be on board.

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Yahoo is very slow right now, but as soon as I can get in I'll be on board.

It's because most of the fantasy drafts are occuring on the servers dedicated to them. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Head-To-Head!!!

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 07:13 PM
7 teams...so atm, will be points (it's a Yahoo thing).

pbarnard
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
7 teams...so atm, will be points (it's a Yahoo thing).

Well it's my bed time. If we get 1 (or 3) more we'll go head to head. If 2 more, it'll still be by points. I'll be submitting for a draft when I get to work in the morning, which should be shortly after 6:15AM Central time. :whip:

Hopefully it'll be drafted and rosters can be set before kick off tomorrow night.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

DarthQuack
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Head-to-Head if we have enough....I'd still love to do a live draft if possible :P

pbarnard
09-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Didn't have enough for head to head.

What's this fascination with live drafting? Autoselecting the list is one of the greatest features ever! Just rank and change, and leave it be, about 30-40 minutes later, completed and no waiting for that one guy who keeps asking who's available with 10 seconds to go on their pick.

DarthQuack
09-10-2009, 08:15 AM
It's fun live so you can trash talk and rip everyones pick of course :P

Qui-Long Gone
09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
I understand from the site that if we don't have rosters by last night (Wednesday midnight) then our scoring won't start until week 2....if that's the case, we've a week to do live drafting.

But that won't matter because the Tumbleweeds of Death are going to win anyways. :D

pbarnard
09-10-2009, 09:05 AM
No, I can set the scoring to start week one (and it has been). The status message I have right now says the draft will start sometime today (says will start shortly, no time given).

I still don't have any time for a live draft. The practice GREs are still on the weekends, the baby ed/lamaze classes are running most of the weeknights, and work is well driving me bonkers (and that was when I walked in and found the lab a disaster, time to talk to the student AGAIN), and I'm still not fully recovered from the accident.

Qui-Long Gone
09-10-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm cool with auto draft...the Tumbleweeds o'Death will win under any circumstances....:D

Can't wait to win! :thumbsup:

On my page it's saying our draft will be sometime between today and Monday the 14th.

pbarnard
09-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering if it is almost like a genomics experiment: done immediately, but to get results that mean anything can take years. I'm told the drafts happen pretty much as they're submitted (i submitted and got 2 help replies). It just takes some one actually that long to go through and mine the data and put the right data sets with the right leagues.

When I submitted this morning I got a message saying the draft would be done by today. The results weren't going to be posted immediately. Yesterday, it said it would take 48 hours to post up results (but draft would be done). So I'm wondering why the extra days now myself.

No matter what, by week 5 or 6 I'll go through everyone team by team and give us all the "best" possible score retroactively for week 1 no matter what. By that time I should be done with the classes and have the GRE in the rear view mirror (just finishing up the aps at that point which are done except for transcripts and score entering).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2009, 05:56 PM
On my page it's saying our draft will be sometime between today and Monday the 14th.Is the site run by the cable installation company? :p

pbarnard
09-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Nope, but draft is done. Check your rosters, offer still stands for first week. I've already cut some one off my bench (how I ended up with so many NO 'Aints is beyond me).

Also, any interest in adding 1 or 2 back up spots per roster so you can sign a Defense or Kicker for the bye weeks and than hold your "starter" so you don't have to cut them or take a 0 the week of the bye?

Qui-Long Gone
09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Also, any interest in adding 1 or 2 back up spots per roster so you can sign a Defense or Kicker for the bye weeks and than hold your "starter" so you don't have to cut them or take a 0 the week of the bye?

Yes, let's add 2 spots.

Darth Metalmute
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Somehow I ended up with two defense, but I only got one kicker. Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to add 2 spots.

pbarnard
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
GRRRRR, not liking Yahoo right now. Apparently one can only "expand" the roster pre-draft. I'm partly to blame because of post concussion syndrome right now, not all my thoughts are collected, and the last week is pretty blurry. So I should've "set" that position. I've put in a complaint to yahoo on their feedback and help services, for what good it will do.

There are "tricks" I can do so if you "cut" your kicker to sign one for a bye week, that can first deny some one else poaching them, before you claim them back. GRRRRRRR.

Darth Metalmute
09-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't know if I would worry about it too much. With only 7 teams, there are plently of good kickers to go around. The bigger concern is the defenses. That can be rectified by releasing the backup tight end since unless you have Gates, Whitten, Gonzalez or Clark, they are basically all the same.

UKWildcat
09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry guys, but I bailed on this league and deleted my team. I was already doing a "Points" league (which I wasn't happy about - Head-To-Head all the way!), and didn't want to fool around with another. Plus, I was already in 4 other leagues.

But I hope everyone has a good Fantasy Football year! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2009, 10:29 PM
As long as CBS Sportsline's scoring is correct, and as long as Vincent Jackson doesn't throw 10 INTs with 4 fumbles tomorrow, I should end as 1-0 to start my title defense. But I need him to explode for about 30 points to hold the #1 spot after week 1.

Darth Metalmute
09-14-2009, 06:28 AM
I have two players going tonight that need a combined two points to win my first game. I have no shot at first overall. Drew Bress saw to that.

pbarnard
09-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Drew Frakin' Brees...my hero. I'm almost regretting cutting Shockey, but with a RB, WR, QB and TE all from the saints, something had to give. Course, now my backup QB goes and gets hurt. And I wanted to trade him in a few weeks. *sighs* Plus ruins my week 2 strategy of sitting Brees against Philly's D and starting McNabb against NO's D.

Anyone need any scoring adjustments? At first glance it seems most people's starters did alright. I'll get to that Wed/Thurs "officially".

Kidhuman
09-14-2009, 09:14 AM
In my two other leagues I won one, am winning the 2nd right now, but he has Phillip
rivers going. I suggest to everyone to get Sanchez on the FA market for a back up. He is going to be that damn good.

pbarnard
09-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Not has hard as I thought correcting the scores. They should be all reflected by tomorrow. There will be a new leader in the club house, and The Tumbleweeds o' Death won't suck as much as before, but still suck.

My bench is really thin thanks to injurries. *sighs* At least Adrian Peterson gets to play against Detroit's D. WOOHOO!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Scoring 137 and decimals in my league only has me ranked #4 in my league after one game (top team has Brees, Peterson as its studs). But 1-0 is the way I want to start any season. Go Womp Rats!

pbarnard
09-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Yes, it truely is a burden to have both Drew Brees and Adrian Peterson on your fantasy team. Now if anyone else would do anything, I'd be really going strong!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Well, Romo, Julius Jones, and Wayne were key for me (combined for 88+).

pbarnard
09-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Well after remaking my bench, I now have a dilema. Start Ryan Grant (GB) playing against Cincinati's pooptastic defense, or start Chris Johnson (Ten) playing against the equally flushable Houston Defense. I'm going to pick the wrong guy and get screwed this time. *sighs*. On a lighter note, Adrian Peterson is going up against Detriot's D; my only hope is that he isn't sat in the second half after setting and NFL record for rushing and touchdowns in a game.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
That was a reason I drafted Chester Taylor last year, not expecting AP to get injured, but that he might sit the pine in the 4th and let Taylor clean up in garbage time.

pbarnard
09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
I think I'm going to start cheating on Drew Brees with Chris Johnson (78pts) from time to time...my man love is growing. I so made the right call there.

Darth Metalmute
09-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I think I'm going to start cheating on Drew Brees with Chris Johnson (78pts) from time to time...my man love is growing. I so made the right call there.

Yeah,
It's pretty sad when its week two and you already have the league wrapped up. :thumbsup:

pbarnard
09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Brees and going after the record book was a known...Johnson on Sunday...well that was flukish. I was looking, there's still plenty of players currently in the top 50 available on waivers.

Darth Metalmute
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Brees and going after the record book was a known...Johnson on Sunday...well that was flukish. I was looking, there's still plenty of players currently in the top 50 available on waivers.

Well there's always injuries.:twisted:

pbarnard
09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm praying everyday that Brett Farve is Joe Thiesmaned...doublely.

Darth Metalmute
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I was reall yhoping the Lions would do that.
It would have been great for Detroit to end both Farves consecutive games streak and the Lions losing streak in the same game.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
If I can get about 63 points from Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Ricky Williams tonight, I will win. If I don't, I will lose. It's possible* but a little doubtful.

* = Reggie gets 2 TDs on 5 catches for 105 yds (25 fantasy points), Ricky runs for 86 yds and catches a TD pass among his 4 recs. for 54 yds (22 fantasy points), while Dallas gets no TDs but a huge 12 catch, 130 yd game (19 fantasy points)... 25 + 22 + 19 = 66.

figrin bran
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Regrettably, I'm not in a league with you guys this season.

My opponent had Matt Schaub but it didn't matter as I had Chris Johnson and Marques Colston.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-21-2009, 11:09 PM
R & R let me down, but D-Clark was huge... came up about 20 points short of a victory tonight.

Kidhuman
09-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I doubled both my opponents in my leagues. I had Andre Jiohnson and Chris Johnson in one league, and Matt Ryan in both leagues.

Qui-Long Gone
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I wish I had running backs...:cry:

Darth Metalmute
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I needed Reggie Wayne to beat Fitzjerold by 6 points last night to win my matchup. I didn't think it was possible. He outscored Fitzs by 14.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Not sure where I'll end up ranked, but after a win this week, I am tied for 2nd overall at 2-1 but have more points scored than most. Just have to keep it up.

pbarnard
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
The only thing that could stop Drew Brees did this week...rot in you know where Sean Payton!!!!

Darth Metalmute
09-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I wished I played against Brees this week. Still hope to catch his bye week.

pbarnard
09-29-2009, 03:32 PM
I some how talked myself out of playing my new backup, Baltimore's Joe Flacco. I mean, anyone who plays the Browns this year is going to have the week of their fantasy lives.

pbarnard
10-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Sean Payton must die.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Unless Ryan Longwell kicks 6 50-yd FGs tonight, I lose. I think I shall start Matt Ryan at QB pretty much for the rest of the season, as Tony Romo's killing me (darn ATL bye week).

Darth Metalmute
10-06-2009, 07:17 AM
The last 7 minutes of last nights game saved my undefeated season. Rodgers lit it up. Now I have to face the other undefeated team in my league with my starting QB, TE, W/R, and DEF on their bye.

pbarnard
10-06-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm like what is wrong with Adrian Peterson and Drew Brees? Top it off, so not to contradict myself having Donald Driver play Minnesota, I sat that defense in favor of the Cowboys at the Broncos. Sheesh. I'm thinking and strategizing myself right out of it.

Darth Metalmute
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm thinking and strategizing myself right out of it.

I sat A. Gates and S. Smith in favor of D. Sproles and C. Cooley last week.

51 points on my bench to the 21 points I started.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Our 12-team league has 7 of its teams at 2-2; yours truly is in #5 overall at that same record after a 15+ point loss.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm up less than 10, with his Thomas Jones RB against my Ricky Williams RB on MNF tomorrow. I feel lucky so far, but I hope to be good after tomorrow night's game.

Darth Metalmute
10-12-2009, 04:02 PM
As long as the Dolphins Defense gives up less than 35 points, I will remain undeafeated. Somehow I beat my opponent with P. Manning on Wide Receiver support. I would have had the game easily if I had been true to my draft. I picked up Hassleback for the sole purpose of starting him this week, but I cut him because yahoo said he wouldn't play. So he only goes out and throws 4 touchdowns.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Our schedule has home and away games, just because. Odd stat: I am 3-0 as the road team, and 0-2 as home. This is after Williams and Jones basically push at 15/16 points each, so I escape with a 12-point victory.

Next week will be my true test, as TE Clark, WR Wayne, QB Romo, and RB Williams go byeweek-byeweek (they combined for about 80 points this week... so I hope QB Ryan, WR V.Jackson, RB McCoy, and TE Free Agent? can hold on for me).

pbarnard
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm not happy this week, but I survived my Drew Brees holiday. Move on, hopefully they'll soon turn to projections.

Kidhuman
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I split this week, am 3-2 and 2-3 in two leagues.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Our league has 7 or 8 teams tied for the best record at 3-2, but with tiebreakers, I'm tied for 3rd overall.

Qui-Long Gone
11-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I have to say I really hate the can't cut list...mine is all RB and none of my RB are any good this season. I think every team should have 2 can't cuts, but no more...it makes it too hard to drop/add or trade....:mad:

pbarnard
11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I have to say I really hate the can't cut list...mine is all RB and none of my RB are any good this season. I think every team should have 2 can't cuts, but no more...it makes it too hard to drop/add or trade....:mad:

I want to drop Jason Whitten, like a rock. Although, I have a lot of players on can't cut list (not that I'd think it).

Speaking of Trades...anyone not named Adam interested in Donovan McNabb and a Wide Out (Take Your pick on my team) for a decent starting Wide Out and your back up QB (as long as they're not on Cleveland, Detriot, St. Louis, Tampa etc)?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I sucked big time in 5 years in a 4-player keeper league, then won it all in a 2-player plus rookie rights league last year. I agree; put more players in the pot and then there's a better chance for other teams to compete.

Unless the Atlanta 'D' scores about 35+ points tonight, I'll be 5-0 as the visiting team and 0-3 as home squad. And next week I am also the away one. :guaranteedwin: :D

Darth Metalmute
11-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Speaking of Trades...anyone not named Adam interested in Donovan McNabb and a Wide Out (Take Your pick on my team) for a decent starting Wide Out and your back up QB (as long as they're not on Cleveland, Detriot, St. Louis, Tampa etc)?

I got Steve Smith, but I don't want McNabb. I'm happy with Brady and Rodgers.

In my money league, as long as Shockey doesn't get 30 points tonight, I will still be undefeated. The other guys in my league are ticked. Last week, I went into the Monday night game needing Westbrook to get me 8 yards. He got me 13 before his concussion. The teams are trading good players to whoever plays me just to beat me. This week, my opponent traded for 2 quality wide outs, and the week before my opponent traded for a tight end and a running back.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
In our power ratings, I'm tied for 2nd, but based on record I'm one of four 5-3 teams with the best overall record. I have two more away games, but three home ones... will I go 2-3 and finish 7-6? Based on records and scoring histories of my remaining opponents, I should go 3-2 and probably make a wild card playoff spot (or could luck out and win my division... earns you an extra $50 to do that).

Who are your big guns, fellow owners? My RBs are weak, as always :( but I have dominant receivers (V.Jackson SD, R.Wayne IND, S.Rice MIN, D.Clark IND, S.Breaston ARI) and solid QBs (T.Romo DAL and M.Ryan ATL) and K (R.Longwell MIN). The Steelers 'D' is solid, too.

Qui-Long Gone
11-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Well it doesn't hurt me that I have Peyton Manning, Schaub (QB), and D-Jackson (WR).

It would have been helpful if we had a OP player. I like the wild cards and I have people I can't use this season because who will be better than Manning at this point? Do Matt just sits there....and since my running backs are all duds, it would be nice to play one more TE or WR each week.

Darth Metalmute
11-04-2009, 08:58 AM
I've got Aaron Rodgers, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Antonio Gates, and Darren Sproles (we play with return yardage, 1 point every 20 yards). I would love to add a running back, or have Westbrook become productive, but it's hard to find diamonds in a 12 team league.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-04-2009, 09:34 PM
We have a "flex" player (RB, WR, or TE), with a total roster of 21 players, in our 12-team league. Each week: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 flex, 1 defense, and 1 individual defensive player, with the other 10 as benchwarmers. I have little idea of most of the scoring on D, and am confused on QB stats.

Darth Metalmute
11-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Thats quite a league. How do you go about picking a defender?

Our league is QB, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R, 1 K, and 1 D.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-06-2009, 07:25 AM
There's a pull-down menu with all the Individual Defensive Players; you just take one. And you need to replace them on bye weeks, just like offensive ones. Points are for tackles, sacks, fumbles forced, fumbles recovered, defensive scores, et al. They average about 2.0 per game, but in my brief time in this league, there've been a couple close games decided by the IDP; one last week lost by 0.3 after Sharper got that end-of-game hail mary pass in the ATL/NO game.

BTW, most of my IDPs have been (surprise) Steelers.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2009, 07:32 AM
All I have left are my Ds: Pittsburgh's team and Polamalu. As long as they do no worse than -3 between them tonight, I hold on for the win, as my opponent is done with all his players.

Darth Metalmute
11-09-2009, 07:34 AM
I need Ward and the Denver Defense to score less than 22 combined points to stay undeafeated.

pbarnard
11-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Don't forget to set/turn in line ups by Thursday this week.

Darth Metalmute
11-10-2009, 07:11 AM
I need Ward and the Denver Defense to score less than 22 combined points to stay undeafeated.

That last second touchdown to Ward killed me.
LIke they needed another score with 23 seconds left.

Nothing worse than having both your team and your fantasy team lose in the same day.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Should I not say that the Steelers D and its SS not only locked up my win, locked up their "non-fantasy" win :rolleyes: but also earned me top scoring team for the week, vaulting me into 2nd place?

But that happened to me when the Bengals beat Pit earlier this season.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
BTW, this is the first of the Thursday night games, so if you have any Bears or 49ers as your starters, set your lineups early, owners. : publicserviceannouncement: :D

pbarnard
11-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Don't forget to set/turn in line ups by Thursday this week.

:tired:

BTW, this is the first of the Thursday night games, so if you have any Bears or 49ers as your starters, set your lineups early, owners. : publicserviceannouncement: :D

I have heard this before...:p

Bel-Cam Jos
11-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Wow. That was bad. Bad enough to warrant a BSLOS for my failure to notice previous posts.

"Baby I'm a-want you,
Baby I'm a-need you..."

And I decided not to start K Nedney. Hope his 4 points is less than Longwell's.

pbarnard
11-14-2009, 06:49 PM
You have been served...CAKE!!!!

Cuz everyone likes cake, but diabetics.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm sure that I shall lose again as the home team today, this time by about 30. :( To the #1 team of our league (he's also the commissioner).

Darth Metalmute
11-16-2009, 09:11 AM
I was going down in flames for the second straight week until Wayne hooked up for 26 points last night. Now all I need is Heap to have less than 11 points to start a new winning streak.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2009, 07:27 AM
I fell to #3 overall, and tied for 2nd in record (6-4) while leading my division by head-to-head tie breaker. It's my RBs that kill me, every year. I have the top receivers in our league and 2nd best kicker, with decent QB play. When my RBs do well, so do I.

Darth Metalmute
11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
In my league, I have 3 wide recievers (Wayne, Johnson, and Smith) in the top 10 in scoring, and 1 running back (Sproles) in the top 10. My second RB slot (fourth WR) has not produced at all (Westbrook, Holmes). I want to upgrade this slot, but it will have to cost me one of the four listed above. I'll have to go for a WR because no one is giving up top RB's.

So I am proposing a trade of Sproles (127 points) and Holmes (84 points) for either Fitzgerald (114 points) or Jackson (124 points). The reason I am going after one of these is because the guy (5-5 record, tied for 6th with the top 6 making the playoffs) who has them both, has Benson (out), Portis (out), Slaton (benched), and Moats, of which only Benson has more points than Sproles. So he has no running backs and is on the verge of elimination. So my trade would give him an upgrade at RB1 and a upgrade at WR4 with a downgrade at WR2. It would net me a considerable upgrade at WR4 with a considerable downgrade at RB1.

My question is to you, if you were in his situation, would you make the deal?

pbarnard
11-18-2009, 11:18 AM
If you're not a keeper league, than yes. If a keeper, have to see how the rest of the roster goes.

Darth Metalmute
11-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Its not a keeper. At least not as of yet. We have been trying to impliment a keeper league but to this point have no commitment from others.

Sproles typically doesn't get many points, however we play return yardage (1 point for 20 yards) and he leads the NFL in combined yards.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
With two teams like 3-6 TEN and 5-4 HOU on MNF tonight, most of our league's games are already finals. If the scoring system is correct, I pulled out a 1.35 point victory, the Womp Rats' first home win this year! :D

Darth Metalmute
11-23-2009, 01:42 PM
I have a 30 point lead with Andre Johnson going for me.

My trade went through and I picked up D. Jackson for S. Holmes and D. Sproles. With my empty spot, I picked up J. Smelling from Atlanta. Net result, 40 for Jackson and Smelling to 11 Sproles and Holmes for the week.
My "shotgun" set is now Jackson, Johnson, Wayne, and Smith; four out of the top nine receivers in fantasy points in my league. Throw in A. Rodgers who is number 2 at quarterback and my team is set.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
My go-to starting lineup I suppose will now be:

QB T.Romo DAL (although M.Ryan seems to have his moments)
RB R.Williams MIA and L.McCoy PHI (as long as Westbrook's still hurt)
WR R.Wayne IND and S.Rice MIN
TE D.Clark IND (even with 2 off weeks, he's still among the best in the NFL or fantasy)
K R.Longwell MIN
DEF Steelers (although they look a bit tenuous right now)
IDP (doesn't really matter who... it'll be a Steeler regardless)
FLEX V.Jackson SD (they'll get him involved more than the last couple weeks)

Bench:
QB M.Ryan ATL
RB K.Faulk NE, S.Morris NE, J.Jones SEA, C.Buckhalter DEN
WR S.Breaston ARI, M.Kelly WAS, M.Jenkins ATL, R.Meachem NO (who's been scoring lately)
K J.Nedney SF

After this week, all 12 teams will have played every other team once, with a second go-around at division foes, then 3 weeks (NFL weeks 14-16) of playoffs (top 2 teams get byes). Last year, I was team #3 and won; this year, I think I'll not get that bye week once again, but I hope to advance somehow.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I lost today, but think I clinched my division due to tie-breakers. So that puts me in the playoffs. I'll find out Tuesday morning if I get a bye (I think?) as the #2 team. I had over 40 points on the bench (Buckhalter and Meachem) that would've gotten me the victory. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Here's to parity; our league had a 10-3 team and an 8-5 team, plus six other 7-6 squads (but only six total make the playoffs), so that means tiebreakers. I can't believe that my 8-5 Womp Rats earned a bye! Woo hoo! Rest up, playas!

Darth Metalmute
12-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I finished my league at 12-1. The second place team was 11-2. Our league is so top heavy that we had a team make the playoffs at 6-7. Oddly enough, being the top seed gave me the worst of the matchups after the bye. I might have beem better if I had purposely lost my last game.

Qui-Long Gone
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM
So this weekend I play for the championship in our ESPN league and I'm in trouble (even though I had a bye two weeks ago)...

Turner is out or ??? as my #1 running back

Moreno is ??? against an improved Indy run defense (thank God they shut down Johnson last week or I would have missed the championship!)

Sproles is ??? agains MN

Wayne is going up against Champ Baily!

and my #2 QB faces down Tony Romo....:cry:

DarthQuack
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I didn't really enjoy our league here this year....hopefully next year we can get enough for a head-to-head league. A lot more fun IMO and keeps my interest more.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Ours has a three-pronged scoring system for Power Rankings (win/loss record based on your head-to-head opponents, overall record as if you played everyone each week, and total points scored). With 12 teams, it's a 12-to-1 point system; most gets the top Power mark (with a perfect 36 being best). I finished the regular season at #3 (29 out of 36 possible points) but earned the second bye week for the playoffs based on my 8-5 record being better than all but our powerhouse 10-3 team.

My problem? I have several Colts, Vikings, and Saints that have produced for me this year. I don't expect these guys to play much come weeks 15 and 16 (our semis and league championship weeks).

Darth Metalmute
12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
The guy I face in the second round had 170 points in his first playoff game in a league where scoring near or over a hundred points usually wins.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Arrgh! :upset: I sat Reggie Wayne (but did start Dallas Clark and his 25 points), thinking he'd only get in early. His 21.7 points is mocking me from my bench right now. :(

Darth Metalmute
12-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I started Wayne, my opponent started Clark.
Result, he has a 22.5 to 22.3 lead.

Darth Metalmute
12-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Aaron Rodgers saved my season. His 45 points gives me a 37 point lead with Steve Smith left to play for me and a kicker for my opponent.
My wide receivers came up big as well as Wayne, Johnson, and Jackson score over 20 points apiece.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't have to worry about benching Wayne! I lost by 39, so it'd only have been a 18 point loss with him starting. :( Oh well, playing for 3rd place and $100 now.

Top two scoring teams are facing off for the title this coming weekend, with teams #3 and #4 (me) for those places as well.

Darth Metalmute
12-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Right now I am losing 49-13 to the commish of the league. But I have 2 players in hand. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers carries my team again.

JimJamBonds
12-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm in my league's Super Bowl and while I'm in good shape I wish I would have played Carnell William's instead of Larry Maroney. Those extra points might come in handy!!!

Darth Metalmute
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Green Bay ran the ball for a change. 4+ Rushing Touchdowns killed me.
I'm up by 12 with my opponent having Dallas Defense and Miles Austin left.
I need Washington to score 35.

figrin bran
12-27-2009, 10:33 PM
In one of my league's title games, I started Steven Jackson as I had not heard anything about him not being in the lineup today.

However, I still might win because my opponent had Peyton and Reggie Wayne in his lineup. As long as Adrian Peterson and Greg Olsen don't score 40 points tomorrow, I'll come out on top.

I made the finals in my other league but am losing badly.

Next season, I hope to be in a league with all of you again. If kidhuman doesn't set it up, I'll do it myself.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm up by 12 with my opponent having Dallas Defense and Miles Austin left.
I need Washington to score 35.I don't think that happened.

I need about 30 points from Sidney Rice and Ryan Longwell tonight to earn 3rd place (and have more points than either of the two teams in the championship game... that one had a spread of less than 3 points, and the loser benched Sproles and lost Tony Gonzalez to injury in-game). It's possible, but a tad unlikely.

Darth Metalmute
12-29-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't think that happened.

Yeah, I lost by seven points. Had Washington scored 14, I would have won. Whats worse is I had Jay Cutler on my bench. Who would have thought if I would have playe him I would have won.

My team got hurt by teams that had nothing to play for. Wayne didn't play the second half, Rodgers got taken out early, Washington didn't show up, San Diego gave up a late touchdown to Chris Johnson on a play where none of the defense looked like they played... Thats why Week 16 sucks for a championship game.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I lost by seven points. ... Thats why Week 16 sucks for a championship game.The Vikings last night came up short for me. I lost by 9, with an extra 11 points from Matt Ryan on my bench (although, I have no regrets about starting Romo, because Ryan was on injury updates with Romo healthy). I was in a league once that had week 17 as the championship; imagine those games. :upset:

pbarnard
12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
It's been clinched for a few weeks now, but Hail Doofina is the SSG 2009 champion.

Darth Metalmute
12-29-2009, 02:18 PM
I was in a league once that had week 17 as the championship; imagine those games. :upset:

I think it should be only 15 weeks. No one gives up on games that early.