PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Wars coming to DVD

2-1B
02-24-2002, 07:15 PM
I noticed this report at The Digital Bits. I have the VHS tape, but I will probably add this to the ranks of my GL in Love, Thumb Wars, Starwoids, and Stars of Star Wars DVDs. :)

And finally, we've got word that the Hardware Wars: Special Edition is coming to DVD in April! Yes... the original Star Wars spoof comes home on disc. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss your money good-bye! This news comes from the Michael Wiese Productions website. Here's more info: "This will include a remastered surround-sound track (imagine those space irons flying by!) and a director's commentary track by Ernie Fosselius. We also will include a 1998 television program featuring Ernie presenting his collection of never-before-seen "Hardware Wars" merchandise (a parody of Hollywood merchandising, plus a complete version of Ernie's rare book, "The Hollywood Gift Catalog" plus more." No word yet on price, but watch the site for updates.

Beast
02-24-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I noticed this report at The Digital Bits. I have the VHS tape, but I will probably add this to the ranks of my GL in Love, Thumb Wars, Starwoids, and Stars of Star Wars DVDs. :)
Yeah, I saw this the other day also. Can't wait to pick this up, there was somemore information listed elsewhere lemme see if I can dig it up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-24-2002, 07:34 PM
Found it, here is the full press release as well as a link to the creator's site where you can pre-order it. It doesn't look like it will be avaliable in stores right away.

The Original Hardware Wars DVD is Blasting Off at a Store Near You!!!

When George Lucas created the world of Star Wars over twenty-five years ago, he also inspired an alternative world inhabited by the "Original" Flying Toasters, Deadly Waffle Irons, and Hot Cinnamon Buns. A world called Hardware Wars.

Michael Wiese Productions (www.mwp.com), producer of the critically acclaimed, award-winning 1977 short, Hardware Wars (which Lucas calls "my favorite spoof"), is making history once again. The Original Hardware Wars DVD: The Collector’s Edition will be released on April 23rd, 2002 — just in time for the release of Star Wars - Episode II (purely a coincidence).

This is the acknowledged granddaddy of all Star Wars parodies and the ONLY film to feature flying, battling steam-iron spaceships and DynaSpace sound! It's time you were reunited with your old friends and fiends like Fluke Starbucker, Augie Ben Doggie, Princess Anne-Droid, Ham Salad, and the evil Darth Nader!

The Farce is back, fully restored by its director and creator, Ernie Fosselius, with dozens of hilarious new features. This new 1-hour DVD includes:

o The Director's Commentary like none you've ever heard
o The Producer's comments
o A rare look at a pirated Foreign Version from 1979
o An interview with Fosselius on the hit TV show Creature Features
o Never-before-seen Director's Cut
o Antique Sideshow, a Prequel revealing the recent re-discovery of Hardware Wars o And much more!

http://www.mwp.com/pixcovers/hardwarewarsDVD.gif
http://www.mwp.com/pixfilms/hardware/DVDbackcover.gif
http://www.mwp.com/pixfilms/hardware/hdwrsbasketball.gif

Note: The creator's site (http://www.mwp.com/pages/filmshardwareDVD.html) says they'll have preorders exclusively on March 1 that will ship 2-3 weeks early, in case you can't wait for the street release.

Thanks to JuryDuty of DVDtalk.com's forum for the information. Hope this helps anyone thats been waiting for this as long as I have. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Geez I really need to start getting this stuff. :D

master jedi
02-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Finally it's coming to DVD. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

2-1B
04-04-2002, 02:48 AM
Did anyone get it? I was shopping on Tuesday 4/02 and completely forgot to look for it! I'll check this weekend :)

JediDan
04-04-2002, 08:23 PM
I remember years ago when Hardware Wars came out on Video that it was part of a 3 part video. The 1st part was Hardware Wars. Does anyone remember the name of the other ones, especially the spoof of Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind? I remember that one being SO funny and I would LOVE to get a hold of a copy of that.

2-1B
08-22-2005, 12:42 AM
I never did get it, over time I guess that as I thought about it more, the movie actually sucks and is kind of annoying. I still have my VHS tape if I want to view it . . . but who knows if that tape will even play properly anymore ?

Rogue II
08-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Wow, I'm glad you bumped this thread. I bought the DVD for $2 a couple years ago when WOTC was blowing out all their Star Wars stuff. I fell asleep watching it, probably 10 minutes after it started and haven't tried since. Maybe I should give it another try.

2-1B
08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
$2 ? :eek:

I'd buy it for that. :D