PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite OT lines!

Qui-Long Gone
08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
My 3 year old and I are on an OT kick this week...

My favorite line from ANH
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." Not as disturbing as my choking you, but really disturbing nevertheless...

ESB
"I know." Han's affectionate send-off...

ROTJ
"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." FU old man, my old man's gonna chuck you down the shaft if you touch me....

sonofsokol
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I have chosen lines from each movie that I use as part of my normal everyday venacular.

ANH: "That's no moon. It's a space station."
This line comes to my mind everytime I see the moon.

ESB: I have 2 favorites here
1. "The first transport is away."
On my high school hocky team, somebody would yell this after we scored our first goal and the whole bench would stand up and say a collective "yaaaaaah." Those were the days.
2. "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside"
Almost always appropriate, especially when changing a dirty diaper.

ROTJ: "No more training do you require, already know you that which you need"

DarkJedi5
08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
More of a response than a line but whenever anyone says "Look at the size of that thing" I always respond "Cut the chatter Red 2".

JimJamBonds
08-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Pretty much anything that Yoda says kicks major booty.

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Pretty much anything that Yoda says kicks major booty.

Agree with you I do....

Devo
08-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Heres a random mix they've had opportunity to use in the past or just ones that I like saying whether the occasion calls for it or not:

"Apology accepted Captain Needa".

"You have failed me for the last time, admiral".

"How you get so big eating food of this kind"

"Mine! Mine! Mine!"

"Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be compleeet!"

"You are unwise to lower YOUR DEFENCES!!"

"Young fool..only now, at the end, do you understand"

"Now young Skywalker...you will die"

"you cannot escape your destiny - you must face Darth Vader again"

"They told me they fixed it! I trusted them to fix it! ITS NOT MY FAULT!"

"Stay on target...Stay on target"

"but you didn't see us alone in the south passage. She expressed her true feelings for me"

"We have no choice General Calrissian, our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude"

"You were right...you were right about me..tell your sister, you were right"

TeeEye7
08-12-2009, 01:47 PM
ESB

Han: "I feel terrible!"
The facial expression + the deadpan delivery of the line = :thumbsup:

ANH

Vader: "He is here."

ROTJ

Han: "Hey! It's me!"

Darth Jax
08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
ANH - look sir, droids
- i don't like you
- don't get cocky

ESB - who's scruffy looking?
- away put your weapon, i mean you no harm
- laugh it up, fuzzball
- do or do not, there is no try
- i am not a committee

ROTJ - when 900 hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not

these are the ones i must frequently use in my own conversation. most of the best lines in the movies are delivered by yoda, han/lando, and 3PO

Snowtrooper
08-12-2009, 07:16 PM
"You are beaten!!! It is useless to resist!!! Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did!!!"

"You are free to use any methods necessary. But I want them alive. No disintegrations!!!"

"Target......Maximum firepower."

"You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor. Take her away!!!"

"The circle is now complete. When I left you I was the learner, now I am the master."

"Shut him up or shut him down!"

"You just watch yourself. Were wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems."

"Sorry about the mess."

"He is as clumsy as he is stupid."

'Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them."

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM
"I hope so, commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

After seeing Vader's wrath in the last two movies, to think that he was the lenient one was kind of a scary thought.

DarkJedi5
08-12-2009, 11:39 PM
It's a trap!

Devo
08-13-2009, 08:57 PM
a few other additions I often find myself saying and I love everyone elses lists!-

"You may fire when ready"

"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational BATTLE Station!!"

"Ooteenee!"

"Niub Nub"

"Thatguyswise!"

The noise that Garindan makes

HO HO HO HAW HAW HAW (Jabba laugh)

"BO-shuda!"

"Nay-jabba-no-bada"

"I think you will find that it is you who are misTaken..about a great..many..thingss"

"I sense something..a presence I've not felt since...."

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
"Thatguyswise!"

"BO-shuda!"

"I think you will find that it is you who are misTaken..about a great..many..thingss"

I particularly like these choices as well.

El Chuxter
08-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Artoo has a great line in ANH, but I'd get banned if I translated it here.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Artoo has a great line in ANH, but I'd get banned if I translated it here.

Artoo Detoo actually speaks Basic. It's just that he's cussing the entire time so it's bleeped out.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I'll make a mega list of any of the lines I use regularly, in connected (and sometimes non sequitor) ways:

ANH
"Did you hear that?" (obvious)
"Ahh, but I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters..." OR "Ahh, Biggs and Tank were right..." (if in a whiny mode)
"You're far too trusty." OR "You should not have come back." (when feeling cocky and overconfident [not too often though :( ;) ])
"Boring conversation anyway..." (obvious)
"They're coming through [through]!" (when I hear an echo)
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (any doubt)
"I can't shake 'em!" (when nervous)
"What's that flashing?" (when anxious)
Vader's "Wha-?!?" (confusion)
"Ten thousand, huh?" (with money transactions)
"Where are you taking this... thing?" [and sometimes I'll add the "Prisoner transfer from..." part] (when I just want to ask a question)
"Open the blast door! Open the blast door!" (walking towards a doorway)
"Your powers are weak, old man." (whenever somethign won't start/turn on right away)
"That's impossible, even for a computer." (with any tech problems, or just a difficult task)
"D@mn fool; I knew you'd say something like that." (when speaking with d@mn fools, of course :yes: )
"Carrie!" (when I want to mess up a greeting :p )

ESB
"I feel awful..." (obvious :tired:)
"That... is why you fail." (in times of under-confidence)
"He's worth a lot to me." (expensive things)
"Thank you, thank you very much." (when an interrupter, uh, interrupts)
"That's right, Chewie. He had no choice." (mocking someone else's excuses)
"Asteroids do not concern me, admiral." (bothered by others, of just tired of the lies...)
"I'm sorry; they arrived just before you did." (to apologize)
"Impressive; most impressive." (whether something is or even is not amazing)
Leia's "I don't know... I've got a bad feeling about this." (that's my favorite tone of any of the IGABFAT lines)
"E chu ta!"/"How rude!" (when you can't really swear)
"Hah-... hah-..."/"I think he's trying to say 'Han.'" (when struggling for the right way to speak)
"But now; we must eat. Heh heh heh!" (hunger, or feeling giddy)
"Oh... you're makin' a mess..." (whiny again)
"Test it first, on Captain Solo." (feeling cocky, or when trying something out for a first time)
"He's as clumsy as he is stupid." (lack of confidence in others)

ROJ
"I bring you a gift; these two droids. Both are hardworking, and will serve you well." (in gift-giving scenarios)
"Where you'll find a new definition of pain and suffering..." [sometimes add the 1000 years part] (when feeling bad)
"So be it... Jedi." OR "But I warn you not to underestimate my powers." (more cockiness... but I sometimes say it as "Soviet... Jedi." )
"Oh, I'm afraid the battle station will be quite operational when your friends arrive..." (mocking with cockiness)
The Emperor's "Oh no..." OR "It is you who are mistaken, about a great, many, things." OR "Now you will pay for your lack of vision." (power over someone/something)
"It is of no concern." (apathy)
"That was TOO close." (fear)
"We shall double our efforts." (concern over deadlines)
"Hey. It's me!" (humorous cockiness)
"So... you have a sister..."/"Then perhaps she will." (these ones don't really apply to anything for me, but it's a good non sequitor)
"You're gonna need it..." (in times of... need?)
"Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?" (confusion)

And probably many more I can't seem to think of now (or that my fingers are tired of typing).

Devo
08-15-2009, 09:37 AM
"You're gonna need it..."

Haha, I used that yesterday.

"The Death star will be completed on schedule" and "you have done well Lord Vader" - dunno why but I say these a lot

Oh and I'm always asking people if they deactivated the hyperdrive on the millenium falcon and to prepare boarding parties with weapons set to stun.

This is a fun thread.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 01:05 PM
When I see a robin out on the lawn eating worms, I say, "for the robin it is time to eat as well."

I also like Yoda's, "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future." You can use it when someone asks for your prediction, or what you are going to do later.

Devo
08-15-2009, 11:50 PM
When I see a robin out on the lawn eating worms, I say, "for the robin it is time to eat as well."

I also like Yoda's, "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future." You can use it when someone asks for your prediction, or what you are going to do later.

lol

I'm just trying to think of specific occasions where I or someone else used a quote well...

I remember once recently my older brother found opportunity to say to me while my girlfriend was standing there - "but you didn't see us alone in the south passage..she expressed her true feelings for me". We laughed our heads off and she was clueless as to why my brother saying something like that about my g/f was funny.

My other older brother and I, as young lads, used to have this thing where we would feign a gesture like we were going to punch the other in the genitals and we'd at first quietly announce it with "You are unwise.." and then loudly "..TO LOWER YOUR DEFENCES!!!"....but now "I'm getting too old for that sort of thing".

A.J.
08-16-2009, 06:26 PM
My other older brother and I, as young lads, used to have this thing where we would feign a gesture like we were going to punch the other in the genitals and we'd at first quietly announce it with "You are unwise.." and then loudly "..TO LOWER YOUR DEFENCES!!!"....but now "I'm getting too old for that sort of thing".

I used to think I was too old for that sort of thing too, then my nephew greeted me with a punch to the groin! :cry:

Devo
08-16-2009, 09:49 PM
See thats what happens when you encourage him to give in to his aggressive feelings. lol

Darkross
08-17-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm always using the "patience...for the Jedi it is time to eat as well humph!" line when my son asks me to do something for him right away or answer a question...and I want to stall.

DarkArtist
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
"As you can see my young apprentice...your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of the fully armed and operational Battle Station..... Fire at Will Commander."

Darkross
08-31-2009, 06:57 PM
This time three words: "GUARDS...LEAVE US!"

TeeEye7
09-02-2009, 03:28 PM
"Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them!"

Darkross
09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Why can't you outrun them?...I thought you said this thing was fast?

Watch your mouth kid or you're find yourself floating home!

...Travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops boy...without precise calculations you fly right through a star or bounce to close to a supernova...and that'd end your trip real quick now wouldn't it!

Mad Slanted Powers
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Why can't you outrun them?...I thought you said this thing was fast?

Watch your mouth kid or you're find yourself floating home!

...Travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops boy...without precise calculations you fly right through a star or bounce to close to a supernova...and that'd end your trip real quick now wouldn't it!
The funny part is that he said it would take a few more minutes before they could go to hyperspace, but it wasn't much longer before they did anyway.

DarkArtist
09-04-2009, 06:44 AM
ROTJ:

You're gonna find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station...

strike me down with all your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete

i think my eyes are getting better...instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.....there's not much to see i used to live here you know.....you're gonna die here you know, convienant.

Darkross
09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
...uh...everything's under control, situation normal.
---what happened?
...uh...we had a slight weapons malfunction, but everything's under control now, we're all fine here now. How are you?
---we're sending a squad up.
...uh, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, we have reactor leak...uh LARGE leak, very dangerous, give us a few minutes to lock it down.
---who is this...what's your operating number.
PTCHEW!
Boring conversation anyway...LUKE we're going to have company!

pbarnard
09-08-2009, 09:15 AM
ESB

Han: "I feel terrible!"
The facial expression + the deadpan delivery of the line = :thumbsup:

Pretty much sums up my feelings right now. :cry:

mabudonicus
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM
ANH- "I think so" :D

Darkross
09-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Who's the more foolish? the fool or the fool who follows him?