PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite PT lines

Qui-Long Gone
08-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Actually, I had a hard time on this one because the writting was horrible...

TPM
"Be mindful of the living force." I.e. listen to your sneeze...or the bacteria inside you...

AOTC
"I am a slow learner." But I'll be chopping off your head in the next film old man...

ROTS
"I hate you." And lava sucks too!

Rocketboy
08-11-2009, 12:31 AM
"Noooooooooooooo!"

Mad Slanted Powers
08-11-2009, 07:38 AM
"Ah, victory."

DarkJedi5
08-11-2009, 08:21 AM
"A communications disruption can mean only one thing... invasion." Really? I mean, there are a lot of times I get bad cell reception and my internet was down for hours yesterday and I didn't run around yelling about an invasion. A communications disruption could mean invasion but it could also mean Verison sucks!

El Chuxter
08-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Every time my cell phone loses a call, my planet is invaded. Where are you living?

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2009, 09:40 AM
^The other day I dropped a call on the interstate and the next thing I knew, the White House was blowed up and Will Smith had to fly a nuke to outerspace...so yes, disruption does mean invasion!

JimJamBonds
08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
"If so powerful why leave?" - Yodda to Sids.

The entire Squid Opera scene w/ Anners taking the bait from Palps.

"Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our specialty." - Obbers to Palps on the Invisible Hand when Dookers walks in.

ElMaximo
08-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Gooood, good. Kill him. Kill him NOW. DO IT!

Rocketboy
08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Wow, too much love for Palpatine. Almost everything out of his mouth is so far beyond laughable. Especially in Sith, where it gets really creepy, and not in a good way.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow, too much love for Palpatine. Almost everything out of his mouth is so far beyond laughable. Especially in Sith, where it gets really creepy, and not in a good way.
Of course it's not in a good way, he's EVIL!

Rocketboy
08-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Of course it's not in a good way, he's EVIL!It ain't an evil creepy - it's "Popsicles in the cellar" creepy.

El Chuxter
08-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I thought it was more "Anakin, have you ever been in a Turkish prison? Have you ever seen a grown man naked?" way.

The high point of Ian McDiarmid's acting career this series was not. "Take all the evil goofiness we loved from Return of the Jedi and make it faster, more intense!"

bigbarada
08-12-2009, 12:18 PM
"I will not risk open war."
"Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not."

Oops, sorry, wrong movie.

Devo
08-12-2009, 01:33 PM
"I will not risk open war."
"Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not."

Oops, sorry, wrong movie.

That reminds of an exchange in Alien 3:

"Why should we put our asses on the line for you?"

"Your *** is already on the line. The only question is, what are you going to do about it?"

Anyway:

Best PT line for me is - "Wipe them out...ALL of them" I use it whenever I contemplate genocide.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
My reply in the OT sister thread took me many minutes to type; hopefully I've learned my lesson. But probably not. :rolleyes: For the lines I use, and their situations...

TPM
"Wipe them out... ALL of them." (lots of uses: windshield wipers in the rain, clearing cookies on the computer, after crying, etc.)
"But me no have a boomah!" (when missing something)
"Hoe no!" (Jar Jar's panic spreads to me sometimes)
"You have our gratitude." (thanks! )
"A ship... a cup... a speeder... a ship..." (when making lists [LISTS...])
"Ah... wictory..." (on those few times I'm a winner :( )
"You are... mistaken." (on the many times others are wrong :p )
"We shall be patient." (I'm always patient...)
"This is a fight I do not think we can win." (when I've given up)
"Panaka." [which I often pronounce as "Banaca"] (just because)
Yoda's "Everything!" [sometimes preceded by Anakin's "What's that got to do with anything?" line] (this fits ALL situations ;) )
"No. He will not be trained." (when that's the final straw)
"This is not good." (when I'm Capt. Obvious)
"Only two there are: no more, no less." (another choices situation)
"This is impossible!" (when you just can't do it)
"The negotiations haven't started because the ambassadors haven't arrived yet?" OR "The negotiations were short." (in dealings with others)

AOTC
"For a drink." (obvious :hic: )
Obi-Wan's "Possibly." (when in doubt or just being smug)
"And I believe 'she' is a changeling." (never encountered this scenario... and hope never to; I just like the line)

ROTS
"Not for a Jedi." (when someone isn't allowed to do something)
"Where is Padme? Is she safe?" (when I have yet to find someone or something)
"Riiiiiise." (waking up or turning something on)
"I'm so sorry." (when really sad)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (when inflexible)

Not as many good ones from the PT for me.

Blue2th
08-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I think that Palpatine stole the show in ROTS. I loved it when in that creepy voice he said, "Good.. Good! The Force is strong with you, Anakin Skywalker. A powerful Sith you will become. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth... Vader".

Qui-Long Gone
08-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Best PT line for me is - "Wipe them out...ALL of them" I use it whenever I contemplate genocide.

I LOVE USING THAT LINE WHEN I'M PLAYING SOME SORT OF GAME...I probably sound like a freak for using it! :D

MasterTrebor
08-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Daultay Dofine (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0761497/): This scheme of yours has failed, Lord Sidious. The blockades is finished. We dare not go against the Jedi.
Darth Sidious (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001519/): Viceroy, I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again!

Darkross
08-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Two words: "Leave Us!"

Another favorite is:
"The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural".

El Chuxter
08-17-2009, 08:08 PM
I thought I'd answered. Despite two posts here, I had not.

My favorites:

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." (hands-down, my favorite)
"Be mindful of the living force."
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child."
"I will make it legal."
Hmm, mostly from TPM, with one good line from AOTC. Why does that not surprise me?

The only worthwhile line I can think of from Revenge of the Sith is this exchange between Grievous and Obi-Wan, which was cut from the film but remains in the novelization and comic, IIRC:
"I was trained in the lightsaber arts by Count Dooku!"
"What a coincidence. I trained the man who killed Count Dooku."

And there's a great line from AOTC that lends some complexity to Anakin, but was sloppily cut to the bland version we got onscreen:
"I killed them. All of them--the women and children, too. I hate them! I hate them all! But... I don't want to hate them."

Qui-Long Gone
08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
The only worthwhile line I can think of from Revenge of the Sith is this exchange between Grievous and Obi-Wan, which was cut from the film but remains in the novelization and comic, IIRC:
"I was trained in the lightsaber arts by Count Dooku!"
"What a coincidence. I trained the man who killed Count Dooku."

And there's a great line from AOTC that lends some complexity to Anakin, but was sloppily cut to the bland version we got onscreen:
"I killed them. All of them--the women and children, too. I hate them! I hate them all! But... I don't want to hate them."

Oh my gosh, those are terrific! I would love to have heard both lines!

Darkross
08-31-2009, 07:05 PM
"I can feel your anger...it gives you focus...makes you stronger!"

DarkArtist
09-04-2009, 01:09 PM
ROTS:

So this is how Liberty dies...with thunderous applause

9th time... that business on Cato Neimodia doesn't doesn't count

You were the Chosen One....it was said you would destroy the Sith not join them.. Bring balance to the Force...not leave it in darkness.

El Chuxter
09-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I changed my mind. I have a new favorite:

"I have the high ground."

:beard: &isobaws, indeed.

Darkross
09-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Master Kenobi...you disappoint me...Yoda holds you in such high esteem!