PDA

View Full Version : I bought a remote-controlled tarantula for use out at the bars!

Tycho
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
This is going to really scare somebody!

It's the next week of away-games for the San Diego Padres and I frequently go to this sports bar to watch the games.

Well Melissa and Rachael are two servers there who I became friends with, but their love of the Los Angeles Dodgers has gotten most annoying (almost like Billingsly, Kuroda, Kershaw, Broxton, Furcal, Loney, Ethier, Kemp, Pierre, etc.)

The last time I had to sign a check there, Melissa handed me a Dodgers ink pen and said that it was the only thing she had left to write with. :rolleyes:

It's payback time! :twisted:

Besides being armed with a supply of San Diego Padres ink pens, I just bought the Uncle Milton Remote Controlled Tarantula Spider! Let's see what happens when I turn this one loose in the bar!

(available at Target for $16.99)

I am sick of the girls serving me on Dodger drink coasters and putting on LA ball caps when I come into the establishment. :rolleyes:

In fact, when my team emerged victorious over the Dodgers (uh, like that one time on the 4th of July), I came back into the bar and spread my Padres "Beat L.A." beach towell over 3 seating spaces at the bar.

Now I am going to spread terror and fear with my remote controlled Tarantula!

This is not the same place as where I pulled my Air Hogs RC Helicopter Stunt, but it is the site of the strike of my remote controlled farting machine!

I'll let everyone know what happens when Spider-Man strikes!

pbarnard
08-11-2009, 10:35 AM
You really need a hobby...oh wait...

mtriv73
08-11-2009, 11:23 AM
It'd be better if it was radio controlled, but you'll probably still get a few of the drunker people.

DarthQuack
08-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I'd be better if we were all drunk reading these posts.

Tycho
08-11-2009, 11:56 AM
It'd be better if it was radio controlled, but you'll probably still get a few of the drunker people.

What do you mean by radio controlled? The remote is wireless.

Darth Duranium
08-11-2009, 01:52 PM
You just know it's gonna get crushed by someone's boot when they freak out... Bambi vs Godzilla style. :D

TeeEye7
08-11-2009, 03:06 PM
... Bambi vs Godzilla style. :D

Best movie ever made! :thumbsup:

LusiferSam
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM
It's times like this I wished I lived by you. The impulse buying sprees I could send you on would almost make it worth it.

Tycho
08-12-2009, 03:30 AM
The trap was sprung tonight! Oh man!

I didn't scare Melissa but I got her manager really good. The lady that manages the evening staff there freaks out from spiders! (Melissa saw it crawling across the floor behind the bar near her and just calmly reached down, picked it up (legs wiggling and all) and asked me immediately, "Is this yours? It figures."

But when she put it back down on the floor her boss walked over to the bar area and the lady jumped back from my creepy crawly!

She said it was a good joke, but for me to come get it "because she's not touching it!"

Just then another girl that cocktail waitresses there came across it and went "Oh my God!" By this point I was bright red and trying not to shake with laughter, so it was no surprise to her either when she said, "Are you doing that?" referring to me making it crawl and wiggle.

So the night turned out wonderful and the Padres beat the pants off the Brewers 13-6 (it was 13-4 but they gave up 2 runs in the 9th inning - probably just to be nice).

I also got my tickets to the Chargers / SeaHawks game as NFL Pre-Season starts next Saturday! Yeah!

LTBasker
08-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Don't worry, Tycho. I'm sure you'll find some other unsuspecting gaggle of girls to surprise with your furry little critter. :p

pbarnard
08-12-2009, 10:45 AM
If it's any consolation, my wife would probably jump her height at the sight of your latest toy. Quite an impressive feat considering she's 5.5 months pregnant.

Ando
08-12-2009, 04:27 PM
A couple of years ago, a co-worker of mine loaned me her husband's R/C tarantula to take home.

Our nephew who was 2 at the time was delighted, frightened, and intrigued all at the same time.

I gave him the remote and as it crawled towards him (he was the one pushing the button), he kept scooting away, giggling and freaking out all at the same time, but wouldn't stop pushing the buttons!

They really are pretty creepy if you've never seen one or know that they make R/C toy tarantulas.