PDA

View Full Version : TLC 2009 Revenge of the Sith wave

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Since the ANH thread got a wave, might as well have one for this, too. The pictures are coming up here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2323).

They all look pretty similar to what we saw at Comic-Con, but what is up with Jeremoch Colton's neck? It's - uh - not there!

I can't tell if Cody's head is going to be tiny again; I hope not, since it looks great otherwise.

Agen Kolar has a blue saber on the package but a green one with the figure . . . oh well.

Oh, and finally, another stormtrooper for the first time in two years! Nice.

DarkJedi5
08-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh, and finally, another stormtrooper for the first time in two years! Nice.

But will it be VOTC style or is there a Jango Fett head lurking under that helmet...?

Umbra
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm also curious, whats the original source of the Boba Fett in this wave?

DarkJedi5
08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm also curious, whats the original source of the Boba Fett in this wave?

Looks like a repaint of the Evolutions Fett legacy Boba Fett.

Blue2th
08-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Every figure looks to have decent articulation overall, and no swivel elbows with arms easily pop off that I can see. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2009, 07:11 PM
But will it be VOTC style or is there a Jango Fett head lurking under that helmet...?
Judging by how the helmet sits, I'd say it's the VOTC, non-removable helmet version.

Obsession is Nute
08-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Of everything previewed at SDCC this year, this wave was my biggest dissapointment. Beyond Commander Cody, there is not really a whole lot exciting me about this wave. A new Agen Kolar is okay, but it wasn't high on my "needs to be remade" list.

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
^I agree, this is a strong over all line, but ROTS isn't too impressive....I'm curious why those figures? Especially with opportunties to make some definitive Palpatines (Senate Duel and Jedi confrontation) or perhaps even a Grevious with peg holes!

GeonosisJedi
08-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I too was dissapointed with this wave. I think there was alot of potential to release some great characters, but I think that Colton and the Utai are not that exciting. I would have liked to see Cin Drallig and the Senate Duel Darth Sidious.

I am, however, excited for the new Agen Kolar. He's one of my favorite Jedi, and I am happy to see he has gotten a better figure, ad one that will look better in my Geonosian Arena. I hope he comes with a blue lightsaber..unless these pics confirm he will come with green (?)

While I think Plo Koon has recieved too many releases in the past few years, I am pleased with this one. The removable mask is a great feature, and now we have a definate definitive Plo Koon.

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

JediTricks
08-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I changed the link on this so it'd link to the article where the pics are (I haven't sorted them yet, but they're all on 1 page where in the gallery we had them on 2 pages and folks weren't clicking the second page link).

I was shocked to see Jeremoch's neck disappear on the production shot.

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Does Chewie's head gear come off? I never got one of those SA Wookies.

Not a big fan of a soft goods Jawa since the others have been so well done...why a soft good?

JediTricks
08-12-2009, 12:00 AM
I am highly doubting that headset comes off, it doesn't on the Han figure we got. What annoys me is that he's wearing the headset on his bandolier so that doesn't come off either, and Chewie is first seen piloting the Falcon not wearing his bandolier (the only time we see him without it, I believe). Then again, they also used the ROTJ hair style so I have no idea what this figure is.

sebillba
08-12-2009, 06:03 AM
I too was dissapointed with this wave. I think there was alot of potential to release some great characters, but I think that Colton and the Utai are not that exciting.

Now for me, the Utai is the absolute highlight of this wave, it's been one of my most wanted figures since I first saw ROTS, and I'm still hoping we get the other variant seen at SDCC. But all of us collectors are different, right.... some want the cool alien background characters, while others crave crotchety old granny "action" figures! ;) But I agree, Colton isn't a very inspiring choice, and looks like a no-neck Thunderbirds puppet. It's cool Jeremy Bulloch is being honoured like this, but I'm sure most of us would've preferred Lt Sheckil.

I am, however, excited for the new Agen Kolar.

Again, I couldn't care less about Agen... as much as I love alien jedi, he's not really alien-looking enough, and past figures of him are more than sufficient for me.

While I think Plo Koon has recieved too many releases in the past few years, I am pleased with this one. The removable mask is a great feature, and now we have a definate definitive Plo Koon.

Now, I'm totally with you on this one! :D

DarkArtist
08-12-2009, 11:43 AM
love this wave and the YVH droid is so cool and so overdue. I'm hoping that later on Hasbro redoes the YVH on a single card for those of us who want an army of these droids to battle the Vong

Qui-Long Gone
08-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I was on a Jedi kick for the last 4 years, but that faded a bit....I do like this Plo figure and think the Agen is fine, but I will probably pass on both since I quit the Jedi run after Foul Moudama, Voolvif Monn, and Roron Corobb...

I wish this line had focused on Barriss or Deepa or some others...Kit Fisto deserved better than his ROTS figure, but his 2-pack has potential just because of the smile...

*I may pick up Plo...:squareeye

JediTricks
08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
But I agree, Colton isn't a very inspiring choice, and looks like a no-neck Thunderbirds puppet. AHAHAHAHAHA! I dig having you UK guys around to remind us of funny stuff we in the US forget about quickly. It totally DOES remind me of the Jeff Tracy marionette! That's awesome.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Oh, and finally, another stormtrooper for the first time in two years! Nice.I think that is a shorter drought than what came before that. Other than Sandtroopers and repainted or repacked figures, it was three years between VOTC and TAC Stormtroopers.