PDA

View Full Version : Audio Dramatizations

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Recently I came across the Dark Forces trilogy available as an audio dramatization on iTunes. I don't know if I was aware of it before. I went ahead and purchased it. So far I have listened to the first part of the trilogy. I kind of like having audio dramatizations like this to help bring the story to life a bit, since these EU stories are not likely to be made into movies or TV shows.

I was wondering if there are any others I have missed. I have the Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi radio dramas, as well as the Dark Empire series on CD. In addition to the Dark Forces trilogy, I see iTunes also has a Crimson Empire dramatization. Everything else on there appears to be regular audiobooks, mostly abridged versions.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't know about download-able versions, but there are cassettes or CDs for just about all the SW novels (except young adult books) and several Dark Horse comic series. Some even came as special sets (I have the Thrawn trilogy in a box with a 3-D Millennium Falcon design). You might find them cheaply at online auction sites.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-15-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't know about download-able versions, but there are cassettes or CDs for just about all the SW novels (except young adult books) and several Dark Horse comic series. Some even came as special sets (I have the Thrawn trilogy in a box with a 3-D Millennium Falcon design). You might find them cheaply at online auction sites.Are the ones of the novels dramatizations, or just audiobooks? Many of them are available on iTunes, and I recall seeing them in stores years ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Ah, now I see your point. They were most likely just audiobooks.