PDA

View Full Version : New Comic 2-packs are out!

tagmac
08-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Just picked up Luke/Lumiya today at TRU. Looks like they are all one per case, as they had one each on the pegs with the new packaging, including the Kyle Katarn/Yuzahn Vong & the Darth Krayt packs, as well as Luke/Deena Shan, Ki-Adi/Hett, and the original three comic packs. Also picked up Ki/Hett, after having resisted it the first time around, to complement my previous set with A'Sharad Hett, sort of the "father-son" thing.

djsosharp
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh man I'll be stoked if this is true. There are a few packs I've been gearing up for but then it seems like none are available anywhere...I was worried they all got bought up on pre-orders or something and I'd have to pay something outrageous. (noob obviously)

DarkArtist
08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
nice i'll be on the lookout for these sets. been drooling for a new Kyle Katarn and Vong and the Luminya set looks nice.

DarkJedi5
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I still have yet to see these, anyone having any luck?

djsosharp
10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
I wish. Only black version of Luke/Deena and the newly-packaged (if I'm accurate) Borsk/Wedge and Ki-Adi/Hett.

Still hunting relentlessly for Katarn/Vong, Luke/Lumiya and Krayt/Dare.

mtriv73
10-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Packing these one per case with a bunch of sets that either just recently came out or were pegwarmers (or both) isn't exactly helping me find these either. I've found the Yuzanna vong/Kyle Katarn pack and that's it.

morpheus282
10-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Haven't seen any new comic packs (and very few new figures) around here since July or so. There's a few Lumyia packs and single figures on eBay right now, so I'm guessing that they're either starting to show up somewhere or someone found an unlocked shipping container and liberated the contents.

DarkJedi5
10-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Just ordered the three new ones (Katarn, Krayt, and Lumyia) on HTS.

Adam
10-06-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm getting angry seeing practically all of the first wave from 2007 back on the pegs in the new packaging. This is why comics packs are now struggling at some stores. Too much old product being shipped that no one is buying, taking up peg space. Wal-Mart can't even get the new/old sets with their dinky exclusives still hanging around.

Tycho
10-06-2009, 05:31 AM
I ordered my new comic 2-packs from HTS as well. I can't wait to get them.

In fact, I think I ordered about everything that will be coming out online so I won't be even going to the stores for the most part.

pbarnard
10-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I found everything but the Kryat comic pack today (ordered the RotJ wave as well). That only leaves Kryat and the EU wave that I really really want.

djsosharp
10-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the tip on HTS DJ5. I ordered two of each myself, and I'm happy to get a (little) break from frantic store searches.

Daryl VayDar
10-07-2009, 04:54 PM
The last thing I found new on the shelves locally was the Luke/Deena stealth suit in the blue package. No hint of anything past that. I really hope this line has the legs to get out the already-shown product, but at this rate who knows...

Hey dj- is that your ebay user id also? I think you bought a big box of vehicles from me a little while ago!

djsosharp
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
The last thing I found new on the shelves locally was the Luke/Deena stealth suit in the blue package. No hint of anything past that. I really hope this line has the legs to get out the already-shown product, but at this rate who knows...

Hey dj- is that your ebay user id also? I think you bought a big box of vehicles from me a little while ago!

Indeed, that was I. Although who you are, I do not yet know. I have bought a great many things.

Actually (and of course it happened this way) later the same day I ordered them from HTS I found them at the newly-reopened Target here in Louisville. They had ONLY new comic packs, nice and shiny.

morpheus282
10-07-2009, 08:10 PM
I found some re-pack comic packs today at Target. I guess the new ones had already been plucked up.

DarkJedi5
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Got my order from HTS yesterday and was a little disappointed. I had to boil some water to fix the hands on Luke, Lumiya, and Darth Krayt, none of them could hold their weapons! And I really don't understand why you'd give a figure two lightsabers if there is no possible way for him to hold more than one (don't know what I'm talking about? See some photos, his left hand is sculpted open and can't hold anything)? Otherwise the wave looks really good. Sigel Dare turned out well and so is the detail on Krayt. Luke is kinda plane and Lumiya has trouble standing but they gave us the extra head which is a treat for Hasbro. The Katarn/Vong pack is really nice and I'm glad to finally have a Kyle Katarn in my collection. The Vong is huge (not Darktrooper huge but still really big) but maybe if Hasbro makes some regular Vong this guy will be the Goliath Vong?

pbarnard
10-14-2009, 11:12 AM
DJ5, I've heard/seen reports that the armor on Kryat is rather silver, and not greyish. Care to comment?

Tycho
10-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm interested in the answer to pbarnard's question as well.

I will also buy up to 5 Yuuzhan Vongs (w.o) Kyle from anyone who cares to sell them for cost.

I will also have probably 8 Kyles for sale at cost when I receive my HTS order.

My proposal for using the large Vong is this: give your dioramas variety by displaying war parties comprised of both sized Vongs, once (and if) Hasbro releases a more accurately sculpted, normal figure-sized Yuuzhan Vong.

This will create a look as if you add a Pro-Wrestler into a mix of Navy SEALS or something. - Or like the German Mechanic compared to his other Nazi compatriots in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Sorry to hear about the figures' hands being able to hold weapons. Use those clear-bands that many of the figures now come with - especially carded figures that have no trouble holding their weapons without them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
DJ5, I've heard/seen reports that the armor on Kryat is rather silver, and not greyish. Care to comment?
Not sure who Darth "Kryat" is, but Darth Krayt's armor is indeed fairly silver. Here (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacksLC08.asp) are some pictures.

Snowtrooper
10-14-2009, 05:32 PM
The comic packs I ordered from HTS showed up yesterday. I haven't opened them up yet, but they all look pretty neat. My only complaints, at this point, are that Kyle Katarn's eyes look like they are rollling back into his skull and while the light whip is neat, it is long enough that I don't think the figure can hold it without falling over, or at least tilting.

pbarnard
10-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Not sure who Darth "Kryat" is, but Darth Krayt's armor is indeed fairly silver. Here (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacksLC08.asp) are some pictures.

Not all that conclusive, and the problem is lighting used there looks very different than the lighting in the average display.

Tycho
10-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Krayyt's armor is pewter color, not silver (but those colors are close). But Krayyt doesn't look like TC-14 or U-3PO. I haven't opened them yet. They just arrived. The Yuuzhan Vong looks awesome.

I now have Kyle Katarns OFFICIALLY for sale (for the cost of what I paid for him - which is half the price of the Comic 2-pack). I can include the comic and packaging or not - whichever you prefer. Kyle runs $6.50 plus S & H.

Blue2th
10-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Saw some of the new comic packs at Kmart for $14 a piece. No thanks.

DarkJedi5
10-14-2009, 09:21 PM

Live and in person it does look pretty silver. The lightsaber hilts are certainly a metallic silver but his armor has a more matte quality to it. I mean, it's not bad but it's not really grey.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see Tycho's post but I would agree. Pewter is a good way to put it.

DarkArtist
10-15-2009, 05:46 PM
got my Luke vs Luminya yesterday from HTS... the set looks great can't wait to display it.... now if I can only find the Vong vs Katarn and Krayt vs Imperial Knight sets I wouold be all set....

hoping to get a few of the Vong set for diorama and the extra Kyles will come in handy as well for dio's of Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Jedi Ouotcast as well

morpheus282
10-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I still haven't seen these in the wild. I've got a feeling that by the time they do show up I'll have already broken down and ordered from HTS.

El Chuxter
08-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Yeesh, I dunno which thread is the best for this, but I finally got Xizor vs Leia today. A Target had it in the clearance aisle for $3.22. It's a Target I go to often; I know this wasn't there anytime in the past three weeks, so I have no idea where it came from.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Got an email from SWShop, with exclusives from CV, and a comic pack of Fixer and Camie is only $14.99. Had to get me one of those, plus that "error" 4LOM/Zuckuss set (but I can't say nuthin' 'bout that, since this isn't the Vintage section).

DarkJedi5
08-13-2010, 12:26 AM
These are also both available on HTS, just so everyone knows.

bkusna
08-13-2010, 12:38 AM
These are also both available on HTS, just so everyone knows.

Use the promo code comic2010 and receive 10% off at HTS.....pretty much covers the tax...still cheaper at the starwars shop since they only charge $4.95 vs $6.95 for standard shipping

AmanaMatt
08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Got two of the 4lom - Zuckuss two pack, one of the Camie & Fixer - for $15 each, no complaints

tagmac
08-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Speaking of Comic packs, I've gotta ask, how was everyone's luck finding the last wave, the one that included Master Tholme/T'ra Saa, Ulic Quel-Droma/Exar Kun, and Stormtrooper/Blackhole Hologram? I found and bought these months ago, but never saw them restocked anywhere. Basically, I walked into TRU right after they were stocked, I'm guessing, but it seems like the Comic packs as a whole have gone largely ignored since.

DarkJedi5
08-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Speaking of Comic packs, I've gotta ask, how was everyone's luck finding the last wave, the one that included Master Tholme/T'ra Saa, Ulic Quel-Droma/Exar Kun, and Stormtrooper/Blackhole Hologram? I found and bought these months ago, but never saw them restocked anywhere. Basically, I walked into TRU right after they were stocked, I'm guessing, but it seems like the Comic packs as a whole have gone largely ignored since.

You're joking right? They were about as hard to find as the TRU exclusive wave of figures (harder, actually, I saw Utris once at a TRU and never saw a single one of the comic packs in stores). I bought the Stormtrooper set and the Clonetrooper (the Routine Valor) set at SW.com when they first came out but they'd already sold out of the Exar and Tholme sets. Tholme eventually was available on HTS (though I was checking everyday hoping to find it in stock) but after months of searching finally caved and paid too much on eBay for the Exar Kun set.

El Chuxter
08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I saw them each twice, both times at Target. Got them the first time I saw them, expecting them to be HTF. I passed on the two (two, right?) sets of Clonetroopers.

bkusna
08-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Got two of the 4lom - Zuckuss two pack, one of the Camie & Fixer - for $15 each, no complaints

sold out at HTS.....still in stock at starwarsshop.....

jonthejedi
08-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Hard to believe...mine shipped already(ETA 8/23) & CV isn't even over.

DarkJedi5
08-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Hard to believe...mine shipped already(ETA 8/23) & CV isn't even over.

I know! Mine is due for delivery Tuesday.... I'm really excited.

DarkArtist
08-17-2010, 08:21 AM

i ordered mine on HTS when they first hit the website...never spotted them at retail in Jersey... oh well

had to ship my Camie & Fixer set as well as the CV 4-Lom and Zuckuss set as I couldn't close my suitcase with everything. can't wait to get the Camie and Fixer set and the $-Lom and Zuckuss set will be left in the package for display.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Camie is showin' some leg! She must've driven the Tatooine boys WILD...