PDA

View Full Version : Battle at Sarlacc's Pit Game by Parker Brothers

scruffziller
08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Does anyone have this?

Mine is in less than favorable condition but all the pieces are there. I rescued it from the chaos that is my mom's pack rat storage area.
The box had been stored under other games so it was smashed in a tad. I got this for Chrstmas back in 1983 from one of my aunts that lives in California. I had never seen this in any store here in Iowa. It only sold for a few years and it is a Collector's item.

I used to play this ALL THE time with my mom and brother.

JediTricks
08-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh wow, I had this when I was a kid, bought it on clearance from Pic-n-Save. I don't remember actually playing it, but I do remember sending figures to their death in the Sarlacc. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I think my friends and I used it as a Lego background, as the size was perfect for those figures. I really liked the artwork on the box, but like JT, never actually played the game.

scruffziller
08-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh wow, I had this when I was a kid, bought it on clearance from Pic-n-Save. I don't remember actually playing it, but I do remember sending figures to their death in the Sarlacc. :D

What year did you get it?

I think my friends and I used it as a Lego background, as the size was perfect for those figures. I really liked the artwork on the box, but like JT, never actually played the game.

Yea the artwork on the box is great, especially the artwork on the side of the underbox where you set up the game. Anyone have any idea who the artist might be? I'll have to check my box to see if there is an indication.

Ji'dai
08-21-2009, 06:32 PM
I still have mine. It's in pretty good shape since I was a little older by the time ROTJ came out so my toys from that period on are still in nice condition. I always liked the game; it was like having a sarlacc pit playset.

tagmac
08-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Still got mine, and in pretty good condition. I remember using this for my figures as well, as it was the closest we'd ever get to the sarlaac until that ridiculously overpriced Target version last year.

bobafrett
08-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I know I have the game somewhere, rarely played it, but it's Star Wars, so I've kept it for a long time.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Yea the artwork on the box is great, especially the artwork on the side of the underbox where you set up the game. Anyone have any idea who the artist might be? I'll have to check my box to see if there is an indication.I'm trying to find my SW Galaxy card set, since I think it's in that. Be right back...

... and, I found nothing. Must've gotten it confused with the vinyl cases' artwork card. Sorry. My brief online searches came up with "uncredited" or "unknown."

figrin bran
08-21-2009, 11:33 PM
I still have this somewhere.

How could you guys NOT play the game?

Ji'dai
08-22-2009, 09:18 AM
I still have this somewhere.

How could you guys NOT play the game? I could only get my brother to play it. It was infrequent, but we did play it from time to time. That's why I don't usually buy or ask for games any more since most people don't want to play them.

Those movie trivia games like Scene It are neat but for any given movie or tv show there's probably only one trivia expert in the group who could handily beat everyone else. Many people may like the show but just didn't retain that much useless info about it. So it's not much fun when you can beat everyone easily or don't know enough to even compete.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I could only get my brother to play it. It was infrequent, but we did play it from time to time. That's why I don't usually buy or ask for games any more since most people don't want to play them.

Those movie trivia games like Scene It are neat but for any given movie or tv show there's probably only one trivia expert in the group who could handily beat everyone else. Many people may like the show but just didn't retain that much useless info about it. So it's not much fun when you can beat everyone easily or don't know enough to even compete.Sadly, that describes my board game experiences of the last many years to a T. Not that I'm the genius (although, with regular or SW Trivial Pursuit I win or at least get all the pie pieces just about all the time), but people just don't get into them like they used to. Oh well; another casualty of the electronic age. :(

LusiferSam
08-24-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm old enough remember most everything released with the ROTJ logo on it. But this is one item I don't. I thought about buying one a number of years after hearing how a few people had used this as a Sarlacc playset for they're Kenner figures. But after getting good look at the board and reading the instructions I changed my mind. In all likelihood I would have loved this death as a kid. But as an adult I have failed to find the magic in this item.

DarkArtist
09-08-2009, 01:19 PM
this was my favorite game as a kid growing up. bought mine in a small Soda Shop in the Bronx around the corner from my Grandparents house. played it everyday

RoonStones
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh yeah, I remember this game. Still have it, and it's in relatively great condition. This is actually one of those games I actually played regularly because I thought the whole 3D aspect was really cool, plus you got to knock people into the Sarlacc. Though if I remember correctly, the "house rules" were that Boba Fett just got defeated and flew away. I couldn't stomach a character like him literally being tossed aside like he was in ROTJ lol

JediTricks
09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
What year did you get it?I think it was '85, but not entirely sure, could have been during the big post-clearance liquidation in '86. Pretty sure no later than that though.

I don't even remember trying to play the game itself, I just wanted to set it up and knock the guys into the Sarlacc. The only thing I had patience for back then was building the Millennium Falcon model, and even that I think I ended up thrashing while playing with it instead of just setting it up and looking at it.