PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 73

JediTricks
08-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on September 11th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 72 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1934); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1936). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=693249#post693249).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- In Hasbro's awesome Comic-Packs line, we've been treated to Marvel Star Wars issues 1-4, and Dark Horse Revenge of the Sith issues 1, 3, and 4. Any chance we could get comic packs of the missing Marvel SW #5 and 6, and Dark Horse ROTS #2, to complete their respective tales? (Just spitballing ideas: we could certainly do with a Leia/3PO pack for MSW#5 and perhaps a Rebel/Imperial Pilot set for #6, and ROTS #2 could use Grievous and a new deco Clone.) And what about Comic Packs for the other movie adaptation comics like Marvel ESB and ROTJ, or Dark Horse TPM and AOTC?
- Why are the Droid Factory build-a-droid parts for C-3PX incompatible with the basic figures' build-a-droid parts, especially the other protocol droids like RA7's? 3PX has a ball joint for his head while RA7 has a post, and the pegs for the arms and legs also differ, thus making it impossible to mix-n-match parts, which the concept had otherwise highly adopted. Was this done on purpose, and if so, why?
- In a recent Q&A, you mentioned that "[Hasbro] will continue working with Sideshow on their 12" figure program." As we know, Sideshow sub-licenses their 12" Star Wars through Hasbro's Star Wars license, but the intricacies of this relationship are not fully understood. With your recent comment above, collectors are ever more curious as to how exactly Hasbro and Sideshow work together on that 12" figure line. What types of input does Hasbro have into the Star Wars items that Sideshow produces?
- Beyond Star Wars, many other franchises have tried their hand at Titanium Series - Battlestar Galactica, Indiana Jones, Marvel, Transformers, even Stargate was floated as being in some level of planning - yet they all eventually faded away from Titanium Series' light. What lessons has the Titanium Series team taken away from those other licenses' lines and their passings? For example, you put off the wave with the BSG Basestar and couldn't find a slot for this new tooling before the license ran out, yet you released a Starbuck repaint of the Viper mk 2 at theproverbial 11th hour (and didn't hit shelves until the 13th hour), an unusual distinction which fans don't really understand, and could use more behind-the-scenes insight into - why didn't that Basestar tooling get shoehorned into a later wave before the license with Universal ran out? Why release a repaint vehicle that won't satisfy fans as much, rather than an all-new mold which fans have been clamoring for?
- Regarding the future of Star Wars Mighty Muggs, what wave will be the final one at retail before the line becomes a TRU exclusive? Will some sought-after previous entries like Leia and the Stormtrooper be re-released? For Entertainment Earth's shared exclusives, who will they be sharing those with?
- What was the decision making process behind creating a Jabba the Hutt animated figure instead of a Ziro the Hutt figure? Ziro has appeared in the Clone Wars series more than Jabba so far, and his animated behavior fits the Clone Wars animated series better than Jabba. Was it merely the character recognizability of Jabba, or the fact that you had existing accessories for him, or was the idea of an evil Truman Capote Hutt just too out-there for ya?
- On the Toy Fair and SDCC slideshow image for the Walmart Droid Factory 2-packs, the Boba Fett shown with BL-17 is the Evolutions version right down to the missing emblem on his chest. However, the actual figure as appeared in stores recently is a reuse of the Holiday Special figure that is a different paint and body altogether. Why the switcheroo?
- The end of the Titanium era has brought much dismay to collectors, not simply because of the grim unlikelihood for the future behind the "hiatus" status, but also because it leaves many great ships nearly impossible to find. Many Titaniums that saw limited releases or worse and were expected to get re-released in the future are now going to be mythical at best, such as the Gungan Bongo Sub (now doomed to be postponed into eternity), Trade Federation Landing Craft, Mon Calamari Star Cruiser, Rogue Shadow, Luke Skywalker's X-wing (Sculpt 2), AOTC Naboo Royal Cruiser, P-38 Magnaguard Starfighter, and more. What with the line's demise skunking the fans out of some great molds, would it be possible to get any sort of limited rereleases of these incredibly difficult to acquire treasures - and the ones that almost made it such as the Bongo - as HasbroToyShop exclusives? If not, why not? Isn't seeing ANY financial return on molds that haven't made their money back better than no return at all?
- Mace Windu has been represented in action figure form for 11 years now, and a large portion of those figures were released with some unique, non-standard aspect. Mace has been the first "sneak peek" and a mail-away in the modern line, the first hard-shell "choco" robe, AOTC had a deluxe before basic which has a smiling face and a second figure, AOTC basic had the screaming face, 2003 AOTC basic had the "ultimate lightsaber control" stick gimmick, ROTS had the Force Lightning throw-off gimmick, and now the Clone Wars version with removable armor and saber-swinging waist. While there have been a few normal Mace figures, and even a super-articulated one finally, it seems as if Mace Windu has been tapped by Hasbro to be the sculpting and gimmick guinea pig. Is this pattern intentional, do you think he can't sell without these sorts of things, is it just happenstance, or does someone there subliminally not realize they keep picking Mace to be the test guy?
- In this year's SDCC slideshow presentation, you previewed the first Knights of the Old Republic comic-pack, which features Rohlan Dyre and Jarael. Why though is the series main protagonist Zayne not included in the first KOTOR pack? Any chance we will be seeing him released soon after that pack, or at least at some point?
- In The Force Unleashed, Admiral Ozzik Sturn piloted an AT-KT (All Terrain Kashyyyk Transport) in a boss battle against our hero and the enslaved Wookiees. The AT-KT is merely a heavier-armed version of the AT-ST. Now that we have a new AT-ST coming out, might Hasbro be willing to do a modified version for the AT-KT as well?
- On the new red & white cards for Legacy Collection, the character photos in the upper corner are rather bizarre works this time around and lead to several questions. Why are so many of the characters holding their weapons near their faces for the images? Some sabers and guns make sense, but other accessories look odd like on the Gungan Warrior card. A few are out of scale, like Slave Leia's vibro-staff. And why are some characters using images from other movies, like Sidious Hologram using a picture from ROTJ, or Luke Jedi using an ANH likeness, or Romba altered to sub for Paploo? And what is with the "artist's interpretation" image for Malakili that looks like an oil painting? While these might seem like minor nitpicks, after a few years of quality card character art, these really stand out and take the line back a few steps. Doesn't the line deserve better?
- Has there been any thought to creating a repaint of Clone Wars C-3PO in his "Droids" cartoon coloring? This mold is already fairly cartoony in design and realization. It would make a nifty collectible for fans of the classic cartoon, yet also could work for new collectors unfamiliar with the series as an alternate protocol droid with a unique color scheme. Any chance of seeing this happen from Hasbro, or would it have to show up in the new cartoon first to even be considered?
- In Episode I, the Escape from Naboo sequence was a very memorable scene in the movie. Over the last 10 years, you've managed to release all the brave astromechs involved in the scene except for R5-A7 (aka G8-R3). What are the chances that we'll see this figure done in the near future? What format would it likely be done as, perhaps a basic figure, a pack-in from a set, a build-a-droid, or something else?
- Way back in the day, Hasbro planned a Naboo Pilot figure with a removable cloth coat, it was to come with a handheld LCD game, but the set was canceled. Now that we're at the 10th anniversary of Episode I, it seems like our collections are lacking only 1 type of pilot, the brave Naboo Fighter pilots. Any consideration for doing a new Naboo Pilot with removable coat, perhaps also using that body for an update to Ric Olie, who taught Anakin about star piloting? These characters seem to have been forgotten with the passage of time, but had important roles to play in the film.
- The TSC AT-AT Driver was considered by many to be an excellent figure with the only real minus being the swivel elbow joints. The new one looks great, but why did you feel the need do a complete resculpt when simply changing the arms to accommodate ball hinge elbows would have sufficed? You've explained to us in the past that the more tooling required for a figure, the less budget resources can be applied to other figures in the wave, so some collectors are curious why all that new tooling went to the AT-AT Driver instead of something like a new Bespin Han or Hoth Leia. What's the decision-making process there that results in an all-new AT-AT Driver?
- With any white-armored trooper figure, one of the things that is a hard fight for looking realistic is that white coloring. Generally, Hasbro goes for the white of the prop or whitest shade of white plastic they can make, but in the films and even on the Clone Wars show, there really isn't enough lighting to display an all-white figure as truly all white. The lighting used in the films and show give it a subtle off-white, barest-hint-of-cool-gray tone which is tough to scale down on a figure using real world lighting. Has there been any consideration of trying to replicate that look in the figures by changing the base plastic color slightly?
- Unleashed has been a collector-favorite line for a while now, long after its cancellation. Fans crave higher-end statues without the higher-end pricing, and Hasbro delivered that with their plastic Unleashed line. Have you considered going back to the Unleashed well at a slightly higher pricepoint to make it profit-feasible line, perhaps even using the look of some of Lucasfilm's higher-end packaging motif?
- It's been a couple years since fans got to vote for Greatest Hits-style figures. There are plenty of other figures that fans want to see re-released without waiting for them to be remade, but don't fit into the kid-friendly Saga Legends line's focus. Any chance of letting us do another Fans Choice Greatest Hits vote? It's all the fun and excitement of the fans getting to choose figures for the line without the expense of you having to tool up a bunch of new figures.
- The upcoming Nikto Gunner you're releasing is a very nifty figure, but is not actually the Nikto Gunner. The Nikto figure we're getting is Nysad, he's the one who pops out of the hatch and shoots 2 shots at Luke only to have them deflected back and kill him. The cannon he comes with was actually used by the other Nikto on the Sail Barge deck, Vizam, who has a different armor design and is basically what we got in the POTF2 Skiff Guards Cinema Scene. How did the mixing of Vizam's accessory and role get merged into the upcoming Nysad figure, and why isn't the character's name used for the figure? Now that we have the proper cannon and a modern Nikto head, are we going to see them reused into the actual Nikto Gunner, Vizam, or are we stuck with the decade-old POTF2 version for that?
- The upcoming Hrchek Kal Fas figure raises a few questions. First, what's up with his eyes? On the prototype images including the one in the slideshow at Comic-Con, they were black as they are in the film and on the card art, but the actual figure has bizarre painted orange eyes with pupils, which looks odd. It seems like it's trying to represent the backs of the glassy clear eyes as they appeared when they caught a certain light, but the end result seems just weirdly off. Also, are there plans to release Sai'torr Kal Fas at some point in the future as well, or would collectors be wise to pick up two of Hrchek, since their costumes are virtually identical?
- Will you be reissuing the Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack in the new packaging design? Although a sleeper at first, it seems to be very popular and now many collectors themselves are scrambling trying to find it. We know you said that future Battle Packs would go back to the kid-focused styles, but as this is existing tooling and it's popular and it had a relatively short run due to the packaging change-over, it should get a re-release in the '09 packaging, don't you think?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

JediTricks
08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I cut the previous round's question 2 because the votes came in for a question that asks about updates to the figures anyway, so unless we're definitely focusing to ask about why these CW clones are a little taller than movie clones, it's kinda redundant.

vger
08-20-2009, 09:52 PM
1, 9, 13.

New questions:

The escape from Naboo was a very memorable scene in TPM. You've released all of the astromechs involved save for R5-A7 (aka G8-R3). Are there any plans to release him in the near future?

Any plans for a new Naboo pilot with removable coat? It would be nice to get an updated Ric Olie, along with some of the other pilots from Bravo Squadron.

It was great to be able to get R2-B1 in the TAC line, since he was so hard to find in his Episode 1 release, but his dome was unpainted, making him stick out like a sore thumb when displayed with the other astromechs you've released. Could a correctly painted R2-B1 be released in a TPM-based battle pack. For example, Escape from Theed could include Qui-Gon Jinn, the battle droid who asks him where he is going, Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2-B1.

Snowtrooper
08-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Maybe this has already been asked........

The TSC AT-AT driver was considered by many to be an excellent figure with the only real minus being the swivel elbow joints. The new one looks great, but why did you feel the need do a complete resculpt when simply adding ball joint elbows would have sufficed and the resources could be diverted to a figure that really needs an update such as Bespin Han or Hoth Leia?

waboritas
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before or if it is more of a Hasbro question. I brought it up in the GH thread the other day and was interested in Hasbro's take. From my experience, getting damaged or lost parts for Hasbro Star Wars toys is almost impossible from Hasbro Customer Care. Is there a reason for this? The best example I can give is my son lost the cockpit cover on his GH Obi-Wan Starfighter. I called customer service and they could not replace it or the vehicle. Why could they not replace the vehicle or provide the replacement part when it is still available at retail and online. Seems a bit odd. I understand if I was looking to replace something that was available 3, 5, 10 years ago that they could not help me, but this is something that is out now. The crux of it is it was available on Hasbro Toy Shop and they could not do anything nor were they willing to give me a coupon to replace it at retail. I sent the ship back to them, so it was not like I was pulling a fast one.

Devo
08-22-2009, 08:34 AM

The TSC AT-AT driver was considered by many to be an excellent figure with the only real minus being the swivel elbow joints. The new one looks great, but why did you feel the need do a complete resculpt when simply adding ball joint elbows would have sufficed and the resources could be diverted to a figure that really needs an update such as Bespin Han or Hoth Leia?

Is it a completely new figure? Does seem like a waste if thats the case. The TSC figure was and still is a superb figure. Absolutely no need for a complete resculpt.

Snowtrooper
08-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I've been comparing the uniform of the TSC version that I have opened to pictures of the ones at SDCC, and the folds and creases are different on the torso, arms, and legs. So I presume its an all new sculpt.

I had heard awhile back that that they wanted to do a RH version, but I thought they would just update the TSC version. I also feel like a whole new resculpt was unnecessary.

sonofsokol
08-22-2009, 01:00 PM
rebelscum.com says that it is a repaint.
http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCvehATST.asp
From the site:
Points of Interest:
# This AT-ST is an all-new vehicle!
# The AT-ST Driver, however, is not. He is a repaint of the figure from 2007's TAC Battle of Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2009, 02:05 PM
rebelscum.com says that it is a repaint.
http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCvehATST.asp
From the site:
Points of Interest:
# This AT-ST is an all-new vehicle!
# The AT-ST Driver, however, is not. He is a repaint of the figure from 2007's TAC Battle of Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack.
They're talking about the AT-AT Driver coming in the ESB wave, not the AT-ST Driver coming with the AT-ST.

sonofsokol
08-22-2009, 07:24 PM
oops sorry... I guess that explains my poor reading comprehension scores.

Devo
08-24-2009, 04:15 PM
:rolleyes: Yep AT-AT driver is a new figure. Look at the new carded and loose pics. WTF. Why update a perfectly good figure that only came out 3 years ago when we're still using the out of scale Hoth Leias from POTF2? Other waves have up to 3 main characters where a brand new character would have been more ideal - why only 1 core character in this wave, where for once it would have been preferable to have 2 if the only other choice was to do an update of an update of an update of the vintage AT-AT driver??

Gothiczartan
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
is it possible for a new sculpt endor rebel trooper from ROTJ with all the ball jointed parts from head to ankles?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Calm the hell down, kid!!! It got submitted and it'll be in an upcoming round. Don't blow a gasket waiting for it.

JediTricks
08-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Question 7 has been struck.
(it was answered)

It was great to be able to get R2-B1 in the TAC line, since he was so hard to find in his Episode 1 release, but his dome was unpainted, making him stick out like a sore thumb when displayed with the other astromechs you've released. Could a correctly painted R2-B1 be released in a TPM-based battle pack. For example, Escape from Theed could include Qui-Gon Jinn, the battle droid who asks him where he is going, Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2-B1.I am not fully caught up yet, so I will address the other 2 questions you had tomorrow when I finally get some time to edit this, but I wanted to address this one since I can give an answer.

The TAC R2-B1's dome isn't unpainted for no reason, it is attempting to be accurately gray rather than shiny as the droid is seen in the movie. Granted, they didn't do a fantastic job of it, but it is more accurate than the Ep 1 figure. That odd "gray with a hint of purple" color on the TAC figure's dome was added intentionally to the plastic material to give it that deco.

Is it a completely new figure? Does seem like a waste if thats the case. The TSC figure was and still is a superb figure. Absolutely no need for a complete resculpt.There is if you want it to be on-par with other modern pilot figures that have mid-torso jointing for better posing, especially sitting poses. But that's not to say I won't add the original question as to why they put more budget into this figure, I probably will add it tomorrow.

I didn't see the Q&A about retooled luke snowspeeder with just a new head without a cap.

if i didn't see it, could you add it to the Q&A?We sent the question in 5 days ago, when do you think you'll see the answer? I even told you in the other thread that we'll see the answer in a few weeks when they come back on Sept 11th.

So, going over the Q&A answers from other sites, I had a couple questions I might want to ask. First is to request a full deco change to any white troopers in the SL line, changing the white to an off-white color to see if it adds more realism (I think the bald white we are getting with the figures looks plasticky, while in the movies the lighting couldn't get them that bright so they have a slight gray quality to them which might look more realistic in the toy line).

Second would be a question about revisiting Unleashed at a higher pricepoint since fans crave higher-end statues but without higher-end pricing. Maybe do higher-end packaging styles.

Gothiczartan
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
(it was answered)

I am not fully caught up yet, so I will address the other 2 questions you had tomorrow when I finally get some time to edit this, but I wanted to address this one since I can give an answer.

The TAC R2-B1's dome isn't unpainted for no reason, it is attempting to be accurately gray rather than shiny as the droid is seen in the movie. Granted, they didn't do a fantastic job of it, but it is more accurate than the Ep 1 figure. That odd "gray with a hint of purple" color on the TAC figure's dome was added intentionally to the plastic material to give it that deco.

There is if you want it to be on-par with other modern pilot figures that have mid-torso jointing for better posing, especially sitting poses. But that's not to say I won't add the original question as to why they put more budget into this figure, I probably will add it tomorrow.

We sent the question in 5 days ago, when do you think you'll see the answer? I even told you in the other thread that we'll see the answer in a few weeks when they come back on Sept 11th.

So, going over the Q&A answers from other sites, I had a couple questions I might want to ask. First is to request a full deco change to any white troopers in the SL line, changing the white to an off-white color to see if it adds more realism (I think the bald white we are getting with the figures looks plasticky, while in the movies the lighting couldn't get them that bright so they have a slight gray quality to them which might look more realistic in the toy line).

Second would be a question about revisiting Unleashed at a higher pricepoint since fans crave higher-end statues but without higher-end pricing. Maybe do higher-end packaging styles.

I was going to ask about a possible new sculpt Nien Numb with a removable cap as Lando's co pilot for the ROTJ.

vger
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
(it was answered)

I am not fully caught up yet, so I will address the other 2 questions you had tomorrow when I finally get some time to edit this, but I wanted to address this one since I can give an answer.

Thanks for letting me know about that, I guess Hasbro was actually trying to be accurate!

I suppose that battle pack idea would work with R5-A7/G8-R3, but I'll leave it up to you about whether that's a worthwhile question or not.

clone157
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
New Question:
Any chances for a Greatest Hits vote? There are several types of clones and other previously released figures that many of us want to buy more of. For example: The clones from the Order 66 packs, AT-RT Drivers, and even other troop builders from the Rebellion.

Another:
Will we see a revamped Turbo Tank Pilot last seen in the ROTS days? With minor tweeks, including using the legs from Commander Gree and new arms, this could be a big seller right now.

Gothiczartan
08-27-2009, 02:22 AM
I have a question for a new sculpt General Veer figure.

the General Veers figure first came with a removable helmet and armor vest but not back part of armor vest.

would it be possible for a re-release figure with added back part of armor vest?

bigbarada
08-27-2009, 12:35 PM

the General Veers figure first came with a removable helmet and armor vest but not back part of armor vest.

would it be possible for a re-release figure with added back part of armor vest?

I think it would be better to just resculpt him entirely with added articulation and a non-removable armored vest. With the way the chest piece clips onto the current figure, it would be impossible to make the back portion fit properly. Unless Hasbro just remakes the armored vest entirely, similar to the last Imperial Gunner figure (which I didn't really care for since it was too bulky and loose).

sonofsokol
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
I would like to see a question about the Target exclusive Clone Wars Commander Fox. I am tempted to try a free hand custom paint job, but I know how that would turn out. Maybe something like this:

Commander Fox was here and gone before most people had a change to even know what the new Clone Wars series was all about. As an exclusive many did not even see him at the retail level. He is obviously a popular clone among kids as they have 3 "named clone" costumes out for Halloween this year: Captaian Rex, Commander Cody, and Commander Fox. He had a decent role in the animated movie and if I am not mistaken (which I may be, I haven't seen it in a while) was in the final episode of season 1. His armor is very unique and recognizable like the Jeig Eyes are on Rex's helmet. Any chance of getting this figure re-released? Maybe with a removeable helmet or as part of a non-exclusive battle pack? Loose figures of this clone are going for close to $30 on auction sites and packaged ones for double that in some cases. Give the kids (and their dads) another chance to get this guy.

I know a lot on this board are less than thrilled with the Clone Wars Figures, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. That and the new Clone Wars didn't get much love from any sites on the fan choice polls.

Gothiczartan
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
I think it would be better to just resculpt him entirely with added articulation and a non-removable armored vest. With the way the chest piece clips onto the current figure, it would be impossible to make the back portion fit properly. Unless Hasbro just remakes the armored vest entirely, similar to the last Imperial Gunner figure (which I didn't really care for since it was too bulky and loose).

If they bring back the vintage style line.

maybe they could make him as AT AT Commander and among others like Dengar, Nien Numb, Lando as General from ROTJ, Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight, Luke Skywalker Endor, Walrus Man and Han Solo with Carbonite.

Darth Metalmute
08-27-2009, 04:05 PM
3, 8, and 11.

Gothiczartan
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
was this question been added about a second nikto gunner the one who shot the skiff with han, chewbacca on board trying to save lando?

also was this question been ask about the remaining skiff and sail barge guards and thugs that includes unnamed guards and thugs who were on both skiffs and the sail barge?

http://www.skiffguards.com/index.html

Cane_Adiss
08-28-2009, 12:54 PM
New questions:

Despite Hasbro's insistance that they will likely never revisit the Max Rebo figures of the Max Rebo band, some collectors feel that some of the characters still warrant an update. First, Sy Snootles and Joh Yowza move around quite a bit during the musical number therefore the argument could be made that their figures' current static and pre-posed natures don't suit the on-screen actions of the characters and thus deserve an articulation upgrade. And speaking of Sy Snootles, many fans would like to see a figure of the origninal "puppet Sy" as an homage to the original (and arguably better) design of the character. The Max Rebo figure itself is still great after all these years, but his organ could use an upgrade as the most accurate and complete realization of it as a toy was in a recent Galactic Heroes set. Might Hasbro consider any of these points for down the road?

And Second:

How deeply does Hasbro plan to go when it comes to the skiff guards? Do you plan on doing only the named guards? Or just the aliens? Or maybe you plan on doing them all and giving names to those who don't have them (including the "vintage" nikto) ala Pons Limbic? You could use the excellent site Skiffguards.com as a reference tool, as it's the best source specifically covering this iconic ROTJ sequence out there. And while we're on the subject of naming, for the upcoming Nikto figure why did you opt to go with the generic "Nikto gunner" rather than putting that characters actual name, Nysad, on the package?

El Chuxter
08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Can we ask a question about getting a General Veers resculpt without the thermal cap?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2009, 02:53 PM
New question:
*The upcoming Hrchek Kal Fas figure raises a few questions. What's up with his eyes? On the prototypes, they were black, as they are in the film and on the card art, but the actual figure has bizarre orange eyes with pupils, which looks odd. It seems like it's trying to represent the eyes as they appear when they catch a certain light, but the end result is just off. Also, are there plans to release Sai'torr Kal Fas at some point in the future as well, or would collectors be wise to pick up two of this crocker, since their costumes are virtually identitical?

Devo
08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
How deeply does Hasbro plan to go when it comes to the skiff guards?

I don't think I want an answer on that just in case I don't like what I hear.

Blue2th
09-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Question:

Will you be reissuing the Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack in the new packaging design? It seemed to be very popular and now many are scrambling trying to find it.

Umbra
09-08-2009, 01:49 AM
I'd like to vote for #10, and the Greatest Hits Vote is you accept that question into the running/

JediTricks
09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Questions 14 through 22 added.

Please forgive my recent absence, between my birthday and then some very serious family situations, I've had a lot of my free time taken up lately and I've let managing Q&A get pushed to the wayside.

The escape from Naboo was a very memorable scene in TPM. You've released all of the astromechs involved save for R5-A7 (aka G8-R3). Are there any plans to release him in the near future?

Any plans for a new Naboo pilot with removable coat? It would be nice to get an updated Ric Olie, along with some of the other pilots from Bravo Squadron.These 2 have been added, and I've counted your votes for both.

The TSC AT-AT driver was considered by many to be an excellent figure with the only real minus being the swivel elbow joints. The new one looks great, but why did you feel the need do a complete resculpt when simply adding ball joint elbows would have sufficed and the resources could be diverted to a figure that really needs an update such as Bespin Han or Hoth Leia?Added, vote counted.

Not sure if this has been asked before or if it is more of a Hasbro question. I brought it up in the GH thread the other day and was interested in Hasbro's take. From my experience, getting damaged or lost parts for Hasbro Star Wars toys is almost impossible from Hasbro Customer Care. Is there a reason for this? The best example I can give is my son lost the cockpit cover on his GH Obi-Wan Starfighter. I called customer service and they could not replace it or the vehicle. Why could they not replace the vehicle or provide the replacement part when it is still available at retail and online. Seems a bit odd. I understand if I was looking to replace something that was available 3, 5, 10 years ago that they could not help me, but this is something that is out now. The crux of it is it was available on Hasbro Toy Shop and they could not do anything nor were they willing to give me a coupon to replace it at retail. I sent the ship back to them, so it was not like I was pulling a fast one.I'm a little reticent to use your example because I fear it'll undermine the question. The reality of the situation is that the consumer bought an item and then used it, resulting in a lost part, which is in no way Hasbro's fault and they cannot just pop another $20 set apart to send the consumer a free replacement, that type of policy would be financial suicide and undermine the future of the line. LMK what you think, perhaps give me a counter-argument to help sharpen this.

I was going to ask about a possible new sculpt Nien Numb with a removable cap as Lando's co pilot for the ROTJ.I'm going to hold off 1 round asking anything more about Nien Nunb since I suspect that'll be asked in the last or this round by another site and it's not time-sensitive. Remind me in the next round though. They already have the head sculpt now, so as soon as the run on Nien Nunb B-wing Pilot is done, they might be willing to do a regular one with it.

New Question:
Any chances for a Greatest Hits vote? There are several types of clones and other previously released figures that many of us want to buy more of. For example: The clones from the Order 66 packs, AT-RT Drivers, and even other troop builders from the Rebellion.We just did a Greatest Hits vote last year, didn't we? Or was that 2007? I can't remember anymore, but we did one in the last few years. I'll add it though, fans had fun with it. Won't be able to do Saga Legends, but hopefully they'll do it Greatest Hits style.

Question added, vote counted.

Another:
Will we see a revamped Turbo Tank Pilot last seen in the ROTS days? With minor tweeks, including using the legs from Commander Gree and new arms, this could be a big seller right now.I don't remember a Turbo Tank Pilot from the ROTS line, only an AT-TE Gunner. Could you link me to which figure you're speaking of?

I think it would be better to just resculpt him entirely with added articulation and a non-removable armored vest. With the way the chest piece clips onto the current figure, it would be impossible to make the back portion fit properly. Unless Hasbro just remakes the armored vest entirely, similar to the last Imperial Gunner figure (which I didn't really care for since it was too bulky and loose).Is the back of the armor really all that important to you guys? I agree with BB that non-removable armor seems like the smarter course of action, but I'm not entirely sure we NEED a new General Veers right now anyway. So, LMK what you guys think about how important this really is.

I would like to see a question about the Target exclusive Clone Wars Commander Fox. I am tempted to try a free hand custom paint job, but I know how that would turn out. Maybe something like this:

Commander Fox was here and gone before most people had a change to even know what the new Clone Wars series was all about. As an exclusive many did not even see him at the retail level. He is obviously a popular clone among kids as they have 3 "named clone" costumes out for Halloween this year: Captaian Rex, Commander Cody, and Commander Fox. He had a decent role in the animated movie and if I am not mistaken (which I may be, I haven't seen it in a while) was in the final episode of season 1. His armor is very unique and recognizable like the Jeig Eyes are on Rex's helmet. Any chance of getting this figure re-released? Maybe with a removeable helmet or as part of a non-exclusive battle pack? Loose figures of this clone are going for close to $30 on auction sites and packaged ones for double that in some cases. Give the kids (and their dads) another chance to get this guy.

I know a lot on this board are less than thrilled with the Clone Wars Figures, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. That and the new Clone Wars didn't get much love from any sites on the fan choice polls.I think our forum has a good section of folks who dig the CW figures, I'm one of them. I just don't know if Cmdr Fox is so important that we need a re-release, he's only in the movie, he's not in any episodes as far as I know, with the only other media for him being a download through the Target website. I'm not saying "no" to this question, but I am not ready to add it, I need a little more convincing. I'm reticent mainly because we have a TON of new clones coming down the pike and a re-release of a minor character added to the mix is going to make things worse, not to mention the problem with Fox being a Target-exclusive.

was this question been added about a second nikto gunner the one who shot the skiff with han, chewbacca on board trying to save lando?I don't understand what you're saying, but I'll try to craft a question about that gunner since the figure we're getting is technically of the other Nikto. Question added, your vote has been counted for it.

also was this question been ask about the remaining skiff and sail barge guards and thugs that includes unnamed guards and thugs who were on both skiffs and the sail barge?

http://www.skiffguards.com/index.htmlCool site. We've asked this before, they say they're getting around to it, but slowly. There is already another skiff guard slated for 2010.

New questions:

Despite Hasbro's insistance that they will likely never revisit the Max Rebo figures of the Max Rebo band, some collectors feel that some of the characters still warrant an update. First, Sy Snootles and Joh Yowza move around quite a bit during the musical number therefore the argument could be made that their figures' current static and pre-posed natures don't suit the on-screen actions of the characters and thus deserve an articulation upgrade. And speaking of Sy Snootles, many fans would like to see a figure of the origninal "puppet Sy" as an homage to the original (and arguably better) design of the character. The Max Rebo figure itself is still great after all these years, but his organ could use an upgrade as the most accurate and complete realization of it as a toy was in a recent Galactic Heroes set. Might Hasbro consider any of these points for down the road?We asked them about the original Sy Snootles, back on ActionFigs.com on March 20th, 2008:
ActionFigs.com: Would Hasbro ever consider doing a figure of a "classic style" Sy Snootles from before the Special Editions? That's the one including the feather hat, tusks, more realistic eyes, a microphone, and can still be seen in the current version on the sail barge.
Hasbro: We won't say never, but the odds of us getting to updates of the Jabba's band are pretty long.
I'm not inclined to ask the rest of your question right now only because they just explained why they're not doing them, in the answer they even explained why articulation wasn't that important to them on these figures, and we got a re-release of the whole group back in '07. So, basically there's not much meat left on that question, just the tuba-style horn missing from the red-ball jett organ.

How deeply does Hasbro plan to go when it comes to the skiff guards? Do you plan on doing only the named guards? Or just the aliens? Or maybe you plan on doing them all and giving names to those who don't have them (including the "vintage" nikto) ala Pons Limbic? You could use the excellent site Skiffguards.com as a reference tool, as it's the best source specifically covering this iconic ROTJ sequence out there. And while we're on the subject of naming, for the upcoming Nikto figure why did you opt to go with the generic "Nikto gunner" rather than putting that characters actual name, Nysad, on the package? Well, I just added a question about why he's Nysad rather than Vizam, so that part is addressed in question 20 - LMK if you want to vote for it, I was about to count your vote but realized you may not like that one.

As for the rest, the very question you were citing above for the Max Rebo band also addressed wanting to update the skiff guards over the next few years, and we have had 2 questions that addressed the other skiff guards:
August 17th, 2007:
SSG: We appreciate the extra attention that Jabba's Palace has been getting recently, however there is a group of characters from Jabba's henchmen who have been seriously underrepresented in action figure form: the Skiff Guards. They are featured in one of the primary action sequences in ROTJ, but we haven't seen a new sculpt of any of these guys in over 8 years, and a majority of them have never been made in action figure form. Out of the 5 skiff guards on the "prisoner skiff" (the one bringing Luke, Han, & Chewie to their doom), we've only seen one made into a figure - Weequay - and even that figure is over ten years old. Any chance that we'll get figures of the other four and maybe an update of Weequay at some point in the near future? Hasbro: Yes, over the next few years you will see some more of these cool guards either get their turn for the first time or get a resculpt. You'll have to be patient though - we'll only be able to get to a couple new ones a year.

and on January 31st, 2009, we asked over on CS:
CollectionStation.com: Back on Aug 17th, '07, Hasbro answered SirStevesGuide.com's question about the Skiff Guards with "over the next few years you will see some more of these cool guards either get their turn for the first time or get a resculpt. You'll have to be patient though - we'll only be able to get to a couple new ones a year." 17 months later and 2008 closes without a new sculpt for any Skiff Guard, making it 10 years since the last ones. While you have confirmed 1 Nikto guard is slated for next year, do Skiff Guard fans have anything else to look forward to in 2009, as there have not yet been a "couple new ones" in '08 and so far only 1 new one in '09? Or does the patience need to be extended to 2010?
Hasbro: This is the danger of answering specific questions in the Q&A, and opening a window into our longer-term plans. We did not have any of these guys in the '08 plans, but have slotted two into the '09 and one more into the '10 basic figure lineups.

So I think everything in your question has been addressed one way or another, partly answered, and partly added to the Q&A voting.

New question:
*The upcoming Hrchek Kal Fas figure raises a few questions. What's up with his eyes? On the prototypes, they were black, as they are in the film and on the card art, but the actual figure has bizarre orange eyes with pupils, which looks odd. It seems like it's trying to represent the eyes as they appear when they catch a certain light, but the end result is just off. Also, are there plans to release Sai'torr Kal Fas at some point in the future as well, or would collectors be wise to pick up two of this crocker, since their costumes are virtually identitical?I'll add this, minus the "identitical". ;) Vote counted.

Question:

Will you be reissuing the Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack in the new packaging design? It seemed to be very popular and now many are scrambling trying to find it.Question added, vote counted.

I'd like to vote for #10, and the Greatest Hits Vote is you accept that question into the running/You got it, both counted.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2009, 07:09 PM
In addition to 21, I'll vote for 9, 12, 14, 15, and 16.

On 17, it might be worth mentioning that a few Clone Wars clones (in the Turbo Tank Support Squad and Jetpack deluxe sets) were cast in off-white plastic, though they're more brown than gray. Most clones continue to be in the all-white, so, your call.

I'll add this, minus the "identitical". ;) Vote counted.
Well, isn't Sai'torr Kal Fas a female? So, maybe I was onto something . . . :D

Droid
09-08-2009, 07:57 PM
15, 16, 20, 21, and 22

Good questions this round...

bigbarada
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
3, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21

Cane_Adiss
09-08-2009, 10:57 PM
We asked them about the original Sy Snootles, back on ActionFigs.com on March 20th, 2008:

ActionFigs.com: Would Hasbro ever consider doing a figure of a "classic style" Sy Snootles from before the Special Editions? That's the one including the feather hat, tusks, more realistic eyes, a microphone, and can still be seen in the current version on the sail barge.
Hasbro: We won't say never, but the odds of us getting to updates of the Jabba's band are pretty long.
I'm not inclined to ask the rest of your question right now only because they just explained why they're not doing them, in the answer they even explained why articulation wasn't that important to them on these figures, and we got a re-release of the whole group back in '07. So, basically there's not much meat left on that question, just the tuba-style horn missing from the red-ball jett organ.

I know it's not important to THEM as I have read the Q&A's and I specifically cited their current stance in my question. It is however, important to many collectors. All I'm asking is that they reconsider their stance and I think I provide a sound argument for them. If Hasbro were aware of these points, and some measure of demand for the upgrades they would be more open to the idea. I thought the Q&A was supposed to serve that purpose.

Well, I just added a question about why he's Nysad rather than Vizam, so that part is addressed in question 20 - LMK if you want to vote for it, I was about to count your vote but realized you may not like that one.

That's a good question, and you can put me down for it. As for why they went with this figure choice, I think he's Nysad maybe because they never DID a Nysad before. My question was why they didn't call him that on the card? Why couldn't you have asked that? Could you squeeze that into the question please?

As for the rest, the very question you were citing above for the Max Rebo band also addressed wanting to update the skiff guards over the next few years, and we have had 2 questions that addressed the other skiff guards:
August 17th, 2007:

SSG: We appreciate the extra attention that Jabba's Palace has been getting recently, however there is a group of characters from Jabba's henchmen who have been seriously underrepresented in action figure form: the Skiff Guards. They are featured in one of the primary action sequences in ROTJ, but we haven't seen a new sculpt of any of these guys in over 8 years, and a majority of them have never been made in action figure form. Out of the 5 skiff guards on the "prisoner skiff" (the one bringing Luke, Han, & Chewie to their doom), we've only seen one made into a figure - Weequay - and even that figure is over ten years old. Any chance that we'll get figures of the other four and maybe an update of Weequay at some point in the near future? Hasbro: Yes, over the next few years you will see some more of these cool guards either get their turn for the first time or get a resculpt. You'll have to be patient though - we'll only be able to get to a couple new ones a year.

and on January 31st, 2009, we asked over on CS:

CollectionStation.com: Back on Aug 17th, '07, Hasbro answered SirStevesGuide.com's question about the Skiff Guards with "over the next few years you will see some more of these cool guards either get their turn for the first time or get a resculpt. You'll have to be patient though - we'll only be able to get to a couple new ones a year." 17 months later and 2008 closes without a new sculpt for any Skiff Guard, making it 10 years since the last ones. While you have confirmed 1 Nikto guard is slated for next year, do Skiff Guard fans have anything else to look forward to in 2009, as there have not yet been a "couple new ones" in '08 and so far only 1 new one in '09? Or does the patience need to be extended to 2010?
Hasbro: This is the danger of answering specific questions in the Q&A, and opening a window into our longer-term plans. We did not have any of these guys in the '08 plans, but have slotted two into the '09 and one more into the '10 basic figure lineups.

So I think everything in your question has been addressed one way or another, partly answered, and partly added to the Q&A voting.

Addressed, but not fully. They haven't been crystal clear on the specific points I bring up, which is why I'm bringing them up. And I'm talking about both the Skiff guards and the Rebo band questions here. Believe me, I follow the Q&A's and I remember exactly what they say about the things that interest me. I'm just taking the subjects a step furthur. What is so bad about asking Hasbro for furthur clarity, or sending a message about what collectors find interesting or important?

Oh, and questions 18 and 22 were both "addressed" in recent Q&A's as well. In short, their answers were "no, as there was little prolonged collector interest that was sufficient to keep the line alive" and "no, as the vehicle won't fit in the narrower packaging".

Cane_Adiss
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Please forgive my recent absence, between my birthday and then some very serious family situations, I've had a lot of my free time taken up lately and I've let managing Q&A get pushed to the wayside.

Sorry for the double post, but Happy B-day JT! I hope everythings going ok for you and your family and glad to see you back!

Darth Marco
09-09-2009, 08:48 AM
My votes are for # 10, 12, 14, 15, and 16.

One question, I see all the new action figures come and go so fast in the month of August from Comics Packs and Clone Wars to the BAD figures, the only thing that these retail stores are restocking are old figures from 2008. Did they only get one shipment from the new figures and that was all, and after that they started to restock with what they had left over from last year? In some retail stores the pegs are empty, are they getting ready for the new waves or want to sell out on the left over figures?

Blue2th
09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
[SIZE=4]
Question added, vote counted.

Thank you JT.

Additional votes:

8 - You might want to edit if it wins the round as the Hailfire Droid is coming out in Wave 11 this year (repaint, rehash?) and the Gunship is being released with new tooling.

Lots of good questions this time, as well as holdover Titanium Q's.

sebillba
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
15, 16, 20 & 21 so far. Thanks JT.

mtriv73
09-09-2009, 05:36 PM
14 and 16 please

Snowtrooper
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
6, 12, 15, 16, 21, and 22

JediTricks
09-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Questions 8, 20 modified.

On 17, it might be worth mentioning that a few Clone Wars clones (in the Turbo Tank Support Squad and Jetpack deluxe sets) were cast in off-white plastic, though they're more brown than gray. Most clones continue to be in the all-white, so, your call.Hmm, I see what you mean. I hadn't seen either set in person before as they're somewhat new. I'm not sure I'll bother adding this, they're not great examples, but I'll consider it.

I know it's not important to THEM as I have read the Q&A's and I specifically cited their current stance in my question. It is however, important to many collectors. All I'm asking is that they reconsider their stance and I think I provide a sound argument for them. If Hasbro were aware of these points, and some measure of demand for the upgrades they would be more open to the idea. I thought the Q&A was supposed to serve that purpose.We already have their responses to the issues at hand, we know what they have to say on the matters. We can make compelling arguments for something in a question, but ultimately we have to accept their answer on a matter until we come up with new, more compelling arguments, or we waste a question getting the answer we already have. Right now, there isn't much new on the table to argue. They said no to the new figures, they said no to the classic Sy Snootles, and asking about the horn on the organ seems pretty unlikely since they just said they were content with the sets for now.

That's a good question, and you can put me down for it. As for why they went with this figure choice, I think he's Nysad maybe because they never DID a Nysad before. My question was why they didn't call him that on the card? Why couldn't you have asked that? Could you squeeze that into the question please?Ok, I'll add it.

Addressed, but not fully. They haven't been crystal clear on the specific points I bring up, which is why I'm bringing them up.No, I did get that, but they said they're not going to be crystal clear about that in the second answer, they explained why they aren't going to be so specific.

And I'm talking about both the Skiff guards and the Rebo band questions here. Believe me, I follow the Q&A's and I remember exactly what they say about the things that interest me. I'm just taking the subjects a step furthur. What is so bad about asking Hasbro for furthur clarity, or sending a message about what collectors find interesting or important?In that same exact CS Q&A from Jan 31st of this year, we got this answer explaining how priority works, and if I remember correctly it's your question:
CollectionStation.com: Back in October '08, you answered a question about the potential for 4 Jabba's Palace characters - Cane Adiss, Loje Nella, Geezum and Yoxgit - by saying that "long term we do plan to get to some of these guys." If you only plan on doing some of these, which one or ones do you NOT plan on doing? Are there other Jabba's Palace denizens that Hasbro has no interest in pursuing, and why?
Hasbro: None of these are really *too* funky to do someday, although there are some strange ones there. To this point none of these have been slotted into any lineup. Geezum does make the most sense since he's a skiff guard. As far as which denizens we are not likely to do, the simple answer is that there are so many populating the palace that we just can't do them all and will need to select priorities first, which would include upgrades to major characters and species (such as Malakili or Gammorean Guards), Skiff guards, and the various dungeon droids - similar to the vintage Kenner focus. We do hope to do others over time, but our ability to really do a lot of these long-term depends on how many new figures we can produce, and continued sustained interest by collectors in the broader Star Wars line.
They can't give more clarity beyond what they've given, they explain why in that answer and in the other 2 answers from CS for that round (I themed the round as all Jabba's Denizens questions so it's doubly on target). They are not out of the realm of possibility, they do not want to tell us if they have long-term plans for them in case plans fall through, and if they don't have plans yet, there's no real way to say in what order they get done. I can't think of anything more we could get out of them.

Oh, and questions 18 and 22 were both "addressed" in recent Q&A's as well. In short, their answers were "no, as there was little prolonged collector interest that was sufficient to keep the line alive" and "no, as the vehicle won't fit in the narrower packaging".I went through all the answers and couldn't find anything about the Scramble on Yavin set being re-released. I believe you're thinking of their answer to the Republic Gunship Turret Pod, which in fact they actually reversed their policy on anyway.

As for 18, I haven't seen anybody ask for higher pricepoints and better packaging on Unleashed. If nothing else, at least one more potential avenue for fans of the line will be addressed, even if it's just negatively, and those fans can move on with their collecting lives to something else like GG or Koto.

One question, I see all the new action figures come and go so fast in the month of August from Comics Packs and Clone Wars to the BAD figures, the only thing that these retail stores are restocking are old figures from 2008. Did they only get one shipment from the new figures and that was all, and after that they started to restock with what they had left over from last year? In some retail stores the pegs are empty, are they getting ready for the new waves or want to sell out on the left over figures?No, they didn't get just 1 shipment. New product is hitting stores, it's just trickling in and mostly getting bought up or held back for the Fall resets. People have been finding tons of the new Clone Wars waves, I think 3 total on the new red/white cards were found even before August started. The new vehicles have hit too. Comic Packs are a lower-interest item still struggling to sell off the old unselling sets from before, but they're starting to get found too. The only thing that's waiting to come out at this point is the new Legacy Collection figures, but Hasbro said that would be the case. It's just the way late summer collecting always is. Part of the frustration of "the hunt". By the time we'd ask it and then wait 3 weeks for an answer, the collecting situation would likely have changed anyway.

Thank you JT.

8 - You might want to edit if it wins the round as the Hailfire Droid is coming out in Wave 11 this year (repaint, rehash?) and the Gunship is being released with new tooling.Thanks, I'll remove the Hailfire. I think you're mistaking the Republic Gunship for the Droid Gunship though.

Blue2th
09-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Questions 8, 20 modified.

I went through all the answers and couldn't find anything about the Scramble on Yavin set being re-released. I believe you're thinking of their answer to the Republic Gunship Turret Pod, which in fact they actually reversed their policy on anyway.

Thanks, I'll remove the Hailfire. I think you're mistaking the Republic Gunship for the Droid Gunship though.

I didn't find anything but a vague answer about the Scramble on Yavin BP. It didn't sound encouraging either:

JediTempleArchives.com: I think the Scramble On Yavin Battle Packs set is the best in a very long time. I don't think any collector could complain for the value of product you get for the money. Since this [value for the money] has been a steady complaint from the market, I think if you keep providing us with great Battle Packs sets or incredible action figure waves like the New Hope wave from early this year (which really gives us 11 action figures and awesome accessories) it may quiet the complaining. Can you tell us if it is possible if you will be able to continue and focus more with this medium/platform for the Battle Packs and Basic collection?

Hasbro: The Scramble on Yavin set did come out great, but the format of the mainline Battle Packs will be changing back to a primarily kid-targeted multi-figure set definition because the intent of this assortment is really to provide more themed sets that make popular gifts or "trade-up" purchases. Unfortunately, we can't sustain new tooling in this assortment and the focus needs to be on providing as much value as possible. As for your question on basic figures - we try to make every wave as strong as possible and agree with you that the EpIV wave turned out great. We have some additional great OTC waves coming out this Fall that we think you'll be equally pleased with. One thing that will be changing slightly going forward is that there will be fewer figure multi-packs like the Jawa & WED droid, or Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon.

I do get confused sometimes. :cross-eye

You might as well remove the Titanium Droid Gunship too, it's coming out in wave 11 of this year also.

sonofsokol
09-10-2009, 10:01 AM
I'll vote for 17 and 19.

I understand your response regarding the Commander Fox question. It is just painful to see figures that are no longer available (like Revan, Malak, and Fox) going for $$$ on ebay. I know Fox is a minor character, but he looks unique and I am bummed I missed out on him. Maybe I need to start a Commander Fox campaign like has been done for a certain librarian...

vger
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I'll vote for 17 and 19.

I understand your response regarding the Commander Fox question. It is just painful to see figures that are no longer available (like Revan, Malak, and Fox) going for $$$ on ebay. I know Fox is a minor character, but he looks unique and I am bummed I missed out on him. Maybe I need to start a Commander Fox campaign like has been done for a certain librarian...

Commander Fox would be a good choice for a battle pack with a Jedi and two other clones, in case Hasbro doesn't want to repack a former exclusive single-carded again so quickly.

sonofsokol
09-10-2009, 10:22 AM
^^^
Maybe they could make a Ziro the Hutt and put Fox, Padme, and an IG-86 form Ziro's lair into a battle pack. It would seem to fit their idea of using pre-existing figures since Fox, Padme, and the IG-86 are already made and Ziro could utilize the new Jabba sculpt somehow... I like where this is going.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Last few hours to vote in this round!

I didn't find anything but a vague answer about the Scramble on Yavin BP. It didn't sound encouraging either:

JediTempleArchives.com: I think the Scramble On Yavin Battle Packs set is the best in a very long time. I don't think any collector could complain for the value of product you get for the money. Since this [value for the money] has been a steady complaint from the market, I think if you keep providing us with great Battle Packs sets or incredible action figure waves like the New Hope wave from early this year (which really gives us 11 action figures and awesome accessories) it may quiet the complaining. Can you tell us if it is possible if you will be able to continue and focus more with this medium/platform for the Battle Packs and Basic collection?

Hasbro: The Scramble on Yavin set did come out great, but the format of the mainline Battle Packs will be changing back to a primarily kid-targeted multi-figure set definition because the intent of this assortment is really to provide more themed sets that make popular gifts or "trade-up" purchases. Unfortunately, we can't sustain new tooling in this assortment and the focus needs to be on providing as much value as possible. As for your question on basic figures - we try to make every wave as strong as possible and agree with you that the EpIV wave turned out great. We have some additional great OTC waves coming out this Fall that we think you'll be equally pleased with. One thing that will be changing slightly going forward is that there will be fewer figure multi-packs like the Jawa & WED droid, or Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon.
That doesn't address the re-release at all though, only new tooling.

You might as well remove the Titanium Droid Gunship too, it's coming out in wave 11 of this year also.Geez, there's not going to be much left in that question! ;) Removed, thanks for keeping on top of these things.

Commander Fox would be a good choice for a battle pack with a Jedi and two other clones, in case Hasbro doesn't want to repack a former exclusive single-carded again so quickly.That's not a bad idea, especially if it's a Target-exclusive set. But it's a bit vague and lacking foundation still, that needs to be put in play before we could ask a question.

^^^
Maybe they could make a Ziro the Hutt and put Fox, Padme, and an IG-86 form Ziro's lair into a battle pack. It would seem to fit their idea of using pre-existing figures since Fox, Padme, and the IG-86 are already made and Ziro could utilize the new Jabba sculpt somehow... I like where this is going.:thumbsup:Ziro would only come with 1 figure judging on the Jabba set, and that seems unlikely to be Fox.

JediTricks
09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Here are my votes for this round:

3 ssc
4 ts learn
8 ts re-releases
15 naboo pilot
17 off-white
19 greatest vote

sonofsokol
09-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Ziro would only come with 1 figure judging on the Jabba set, and that seems unlikely to be Fox.

With that set, Jabba was an all new figure/creature. Maybe they could squeeze in a few more figures if they could just tweek the Jabba to make Ziro, you know, some new paint, a few feathers...

Darth Marco
09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks JT for answering my question. The "hunt" could be fustrating sometimes , especially when your wife tags along and hates the "hunt".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
One of the sites had something about Hrchek Kal Fas's eyes; Hasbro said they will be corrected for the final release. We may as well keep it in the question, since I don't know if they mean they'll correct it to black or change it to a slightly different orange thing, and I'm equally interested in the part about Sai'torr (I should be; I wrote it :D )

Cane_Adiss
09-11-2009, 12:53 AM
New question for next round:

Revenge of the Sith has been one of the most thoroghly covered movies when it comes to figures, but there are at least four more interesting alien characters from this movie who have yet to be immortalized in plastic. The Nikto jedi J'oopi She, senators Eeusu Estornii and Veedaaz Awmetth. And finally, the Mon Calamari Dancer who Hasbro has stated previously was "on the bubble". How long do we have to wait to add these interesting aliens to our collections? They would add some diversity and color to an otherwise drab and monotone wave of clones and jedi resculpts wouldn't they?

JediTricks
09-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks JT for answering my question. The "hunt" could be fustrating sometimes , especially when your wife tags along and hates the "hunt".Sure thing, good luck. The trick to making your wife less inhospitable to the hunt is to treat it like "together time". :p

One of the sites had something about Hrchek Kal Fas's eyes; Hasbro said they will be corrected for the final release. We may as well keep it in the question, since I don't know if they mean they'll correct it to black or change it to a slightly different orange thing, and I'm equally interested in the part about Sai'torr (I should be; I wrote it :D )Hmm, I couldn't find it in the existing links I have. I'll trust your judgment that we should keep it.

---

Ok, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who participated.

Here are the questions we're sending in for this round:

The TSC AT-AT Driver was considered by many to be an excellent figure with the only real minus being the swivel elbow joints. The new one looks great, but why did you feel the need do a complete resculpt when simply changing the arms to accommodate ball hinge elbows would have sufficed? You've explained to us in the past that the more tooling required for a figure, the less budget resources can be applied to other figures in the wave, so some collectors are curious why all that new tooling went to the AT-AT Driver instead of something like a new Bespin Han or Hoth Leia. What's the decision-making process there that results in an all-new AT-AT Driver?
In the last round, we asked a question about the possibilities of a new Jabba's dais, but the answer we received was instead about Jabba himself. While that was good news for fans to hear and we are quite hopeful on the Hutt gangster front, we're also curious about his dais. Our hypothetical question was asking what pricepoint and format might it be released in for all that new tooling, and would the set include the existing railing and hookah or just assume that enough collectors have the piece and leave it out? Would it have wheels? Would you go back and use the Kenner vintage throne tooling? And what are the odds of seeing the hypothetical Jabba's Dais we're discussing here?
It's been a couple years since fans got to vote for Greatest Hits-style figures. There are plenty of other figures that fans want to see re-released without waiting for them to be remade, but don't fit into the kid-friendly Saga Legends line's focus. Any chance of letting us do another Fans Choice Greatest Hits vote? It's all the fun and excitement of the fans getting to choose figures for the line without the expense of you having to tool up a bunch of new figures.
Way back in the day, Hasbro planned a Naboo Pilot figure with a removable cloth coat, it was to come with a handheld LCD game, but the set was canceled. Now that we're at the 10th anniversary of Episode I, it seems like Star Wars collections are lacking only 1 type of pilot from all the films, the brave Naboo Fighter pilots. Any consideration for doing a new Naboo Pilot with removable coat, perhaps also using that body for an update to Ric Olie who taught Anakin about star piloting? These characters seem to have been forgotten with the passage of time, but had important roles to play in the film.
The upcoming Nikto Gunner you're releasing is a very nifty figure, but is not actually the Nikto Gunner. The Nikto figure we're getting is Nysad, he's the one who pops out of the hatch and shoots 2 shots at Luke only to have them deflected back and kill him. The cannon he comes with was actually used by the other Nikto on the Sail Barge deck, Vizam, who has a different armor design and is basically what we got in the POTF2 Skiff Guards Cinema Scene. How did the mixing of Vizam's accessory and role get merged into the upcoming Nysad figure, and why isn't the character's name used for the figure? Now that we have the proper cannon and a modern Nikto head, are we going to see them reused into the actual Nikto Gunner, Vizam, or are we stuck with the decade-old POTF2 version for that?
The upcoming Hrchek Kal Fas figure raises a few questions. First, what's up with his eyes? On the prototype images including the one in the slideshow at Comic-Con, they were black as they are in the film and on the card art, but the actual figure has bizarre painted orange eyes with pupils, which looks odd. It seems like it's trying to represent the backs of the glassy clear eyes as they appeared when they caught a certain light, but the end result seems just weirdly off. What will the final production paint be on that? Also, are there plans to release Sai'torr Kal Fas at some point in the future as well, or would collectors be wise to pick up two of Hrchek, since their costumes are virtually identical?

Look for a new round of voting soon.