PDA

View Full Version : This is why I miss Galoob

clone157
08-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Here's why I miss Galoob. I just got my camera up and talking to my computer again, so I thought I would share some pics. I was able to fit this display on one shelf and it didn't cost me over $100. Of course, I was collecting back in the day. The level of detail and quality of ships alone should make Hasbro execs blush. Not to mention the gumption of doing EU ships like the TIE Defender. Funny how these pieces are the most in demand of the entire line. DT, don't laugh at my bad pics, it's hard to light this display cabinet.

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Great display, nice setup! Man, you must have some rock-steady hands, I couldn't have gotten all those mini-figs standing, it would have been domino time. I'm not a huge fan of the Sentinel-class, myself, but it makes sense to be there. Slick choice mixing MM mini-figs with AF mini-figs.

sergiurusu
08-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Indeed a great display, and lots of cool figures. I intend to do something like that when my Imperial Command Center (toy room:D) is ready

Darth Windu
08-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Looks good :)

The only figures I have on display are Obi-Wan (Ep1), Ki-Adi-Mundi, and a few Stormtroopers in the hold of my Titanium Ultra Republic Gunship

Darth Duranium
08-23-2009, 11:01 PM
DT, don't laugh at my bad pics, it's hard to light this display cabinet.

Hell, dude... I'd be the last person to make fun of your pics... I love collection pics... even offered DW a helpful excuse for having a few dust bunnies on his shelves! Maybe you're mixing me up with JT.:p He's always complaining about my lousy pics. ;)

But I've got to say... your pics truly suck arse. You should be deeply remorseful and ashamed. Go flog yourself.:whip:

Nah, totally kidding... your pics are great! :) It's really hard to light and focus on such a tiny scale... unbelievable how you got all the figs to stand in there. You must be amazing at "Operation".
The AF TIE Defender is one of my favourites, too. I've never felt the E-Wing is worthy of the prices they now fetch, but the AF TIE Def comes close.

BTW, what's Threepio up to in there? I think he's being a bit sneaky.

Funnily enough, I did the same thing as DW with a "Shark" TS Ultra Gunship... but stormtroopers, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Yoda :D were in the hold... getting the troops to stand was a beeyautch.:D

clone157
08-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Tweezers and patience, my friends. If you have a day to waste and can play a round of Battlefront 2 every 20 minutes (it's great when you can shoot characters that look just like these little guys), you can do it too. And it's not 3PO, it's the droid from the big TRU exclusive pack from years back.

Darth Windu
08-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Funnily enough, I did the same thing as DW with a "Shark" TS Ultra Gunship... but stormtroopers, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Yoda :D were in the hold... getting the troops to stand was a beeyautch.:D
Oh yes, Yoda's there too, forgot about him. All I did with mine was put little bits of blu-tac on the bottom of each mini figure and attach them to the base. Means they don't fall over, and you can't tell the difference :)

Darth Duranium
08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Always with you, the blue-tac! :thumbsup: I'm starting to think Oz must be held together with the stuff. I think Canadians are more inclined toward duct tape.;)

I eventually discovered that by cramming loads of troopers into the hold, there was no room for them to fall over and they'd stay upright.

The Shark Gunship didn't have doors, did it? Can't remember and all my AF stuff's still in boxes from my last move...

Blue2th
08-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Sweet! :thumbsup: Makes me want to dig all mine out. Tweezers huh? lol
Got a lot, but not sure I have that Death Star Playset. Got that Defender though. :yes:

Just checked mine, the Sharkfin Gunship doesn't have opening doors on it DT, that would have been cool.

Wish they'd have made some Clonetroopers for it.
Did Hasbro ever make Micro Clones? I'm thinking in the Target Juggernaught pack but I'm not sure.

Darth Windu
08-24-2009, 11:55 PM
hahaha nothing wrong with blu-tac :P easier to use than duct tape anyway, especially with things this small. Hey I might take a pic of my gunship upside-down with the troopers in the hold to prove my point...

The shark gunship I'm sure has doors because it was a re-paint of the Titanium Ultra gunship with closed doors. I don't have it though, so not 100%.

Darth Duranium
08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Never underestimate the pow-wah of the Duct Tape, young Jedi. :ninja:

Gotta take Blue's word for it on this one, DW... no closing doors on the TS Ultra Shark Gunship. Seems to scream out for troopers and Jedi hangin' outta the belly...:)

DW, your red Ultra gunship has closing doors, like the AF one?

Darth Windu
08-26-2009, 12:49 AM
No no, I meant that the Ultra (both red and shark) have doors, but they're permanently closed. Sorry, should've been more specific.

SHOPPING MAUL
09-17-2009, 08:26 PM
I wish that Galoob had never been sold to Hasbro!:upset: Not only were the
Action Fleet ships/vehicles great, but so were the mini figures!:D

clone157
09-17-2009, 08:29 PM
I am sooo jealous! I never even saw the AAT at retail, except for the remote controlled version.

elvandrik
09-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Here's why I miss Galoob. I just got my camera up and talking to my computer again, so I thought I would share some pics. I was able to fit this display on one shelf and it didn't cost me over $100. Of course, I was collecting back in the day. The level of detail and quality of ships alone should make Hasbro execs blush. Not to mention the gumption of doing EU ships like the TIE Defender. Funny how these pieces are the most in demand of the entire line. DT, don't laugh at my bad pics, it's hard to light this display cabinet.

Very nicely done display. I give it a 9.9. It would be a 10 but the snowtroopers are probably sweating their balls off standing in formation.:thumbsup:

RJarvis
09-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Very nicely done display. I give it a 9.9. It would be a 10 but the snowtroopers are probably sweating their balls off standing in formation.:thumbsup:

perhaps a better way to phrase that would be "melting their snowballs off" :crazed:

Ross

Darth Duranium
09-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Great displays... I really like the DS Hangar Bay in particular.:thumbsup:

clone157
09-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Wish they'd have made some Clonetroopers for it.
Did Hasbro ever make Micro Clones? I'm thinking in the Target Juggernaught pack but I'm not sure.

No clones, I'm afraid. But, the micro machine Stormies, not the action fleet ones, are small enough and lack detail so they look like a suitable alternative. Plus they do fit in the holds of the Ultra titanium/ Action Fleet Gunships (about the same scale as the 3 3/4" figures in their Gunships)

Darth Duranium
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
No clones, I'm afraid. But, the micro machine Stormies, not the action fleet ones, are small enough and lack detail so they look like a suitable alternative. Plus they do fit in the holds of the Ultra titanium/ Action Fleet Gunships (about the same scale as the 3 3/4" figures in their Gunships)

Funny, we were just talking about that subject recently. Especially about which Jedi Masters we had in our Gunship holds with our respective stormtroopers. Clone troops would have been nice but I don't imagine it'd be very hard to mod the stormies, if you're so inclined. I didn't bother, either.