PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Final Results for Both Polls!

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 02:41 AM
SSG created 2 different kinds of Fans Choice Polls, and now you can discuss the results of them here.

Style 1 results (3 rounds, with entries taken from the previous site polls):
1. Cliegg Lars
2. Dr. Evazan
3. Bom Vimdin
4. Jocasta Nu
5. Sim Aloo
6. Pellaeon
7. Tey How
8. Toryn Farr
9. Anakin Solo
10. Nom Anor (New Jedi Order)
11. Queen Jamillia
12. Ben Quadinaros
13. Cane Adiss
14. Guri
15. Tzizvvt
16. Queen Apailana
17. Sgt. Doallyn
18. Teek
19. Kithaba
20. Taym Dren-Garen
21. Dormé
22. Kitster
23. Joruus C'baoth
24. Mosep
25. Lumat, vintage Ewok
26. Wald
27. Cordé
28. Fozec
29. Jess
30. Weequay

Style 2 results (list all 30 of your figures in 1 post):
1. Jocasta Nu
2. Cliegg Lars
3. Guri
4. Tey How
5. Bom Vimdin
6. Ben Quadinaros
7. Dr. Evazan
8. Nom Anor
9. Mosep Binneed
10. Taym Dren-Garen
11. Cane Adiss
12. Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
13. Reegesk
14. Jaxxon
15. Sgt. Doallyn
16. Sim Aloo
17. Anakin Solo
18. Queen Apailana (ROTS)
19. Tzizvvt
20. Bastila Shan
21. Kithaba
22. Pellaeon
23. Noghri
24. Dash Rendar
25. Leebo
26. Weequay Skiff Master
27. Darth Plagueis
28. Mawhonic
29. Barriss Offee
30. Teek

And of those 2 lists, there are 20 figures common to both:

Jocasta Nu
Cliegg Lars
Guri
Tey How
Bom Vimdin
Ben Quadinaros
Dr. Evazan
Nom Anor
Mosep Binneed
Taym Dren-Garen
Cane Adiss
Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
Sgt. Doallyn
Sim Aloo
Anakin Solo
Queen Apailana (ROTS)
Tzizvvt
Kithaba
Pellaeon
Teek

So, there you have it. The lists we'll be sending to Hasbro, and the commonalities between them. Discuss!

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 02:56 AM
I think the message is fairly clear on Jocasta Nu and Cliegg Lars. I kinda wanted one and not so much the other, I'll let you guess which. ;) Looking at the numbers, Jocasta Nu isn't wanted by as many people as Cliegg, but the people who want her feel more strongly about her. Very interesting. I wonder if the squeaky wheels will get the grease, or if their noise won't hold up when all is said and done because they'll only be able to vote for 1 figure towards the end.

Guri doesn't have as strong a voice, with one type of voting listing her highly while the other she came in towards the middle.

Tey How is a figure I used to want, but this far out from TPM it's surprising to see that much interest still.

I'm shocked how Bom Vimdin didn't win this poll, as he's already the winner of our last polls, I believe. But it could be the strong suggestion of him getting made that is what kept him from the top slot.

Ben Quadinaros, it smells like you're getting made no matter how much you suck.

I think generally this list is fairly solid, this is stuff we're always talking about lately. I am surprised however at how different this list is from a few years ago, not a main character to be seen this time around and that says something that I wonder if Hasbro will pick up on.

jedichicken
08-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Will Hasbro use/allow both lists for their poll? I thought it was just 30 choices in ranked order.

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 03:44 AM
It's a little complicated, but as far as I know, we will be able to use both results for this. I'll explain when we hear back from Hasbro, hopefully.

Tycho
08-23-2009, 04:30 AM

+ I voted for (and will obviously buy)
^ I'll buy at least 1 of
- (nothing) I won't be buying / might be disappointed in this character winning

+ 1. Cliegg Lars
2. Dr. Evazan
3. + Bom Vimdin
4. + Jocasta Nu
5. ^ Sim Aloo
6. + Pellaeon
7. + Tey How
8. ^ Toryn Farr
9. + Anakin Solo
10. + Nom Anor (New Jedi Order)
+ 11. Queen Jamillia
12. ^ Ben Quadinaros
13. ^ Cane Adiss
14. + Guri
15. ^ Tzizvvt
16. ^ Queen Apailana
17. ^ Sgt. Doallyn
18. ^ Teek
19. ^ Kithaba
20. ^ Taym Dren-Garen
^ 21. Dormé
22. ^ Kitster
23. + Joruus C'baoth
24. ^ Mosep
25. ^ Lumat, vintage Ewok
26. ^ Wald
27. ^ Cordé
28. ^ Fozec
29. ^ Jess
30. ^ Weequay

So from this first method, I'll get 29/30 figures and just don't need Dr. Evezan.

[B] + 1. Jocasta Nu
2. + Cliegg Lars
3. + Guri
4. + Tey How
5. + Bom Vimdin
6. ^ Ben Quadinaros
7. Dr. Evazan
8. + Nom Anor
9. ^ Mosep Binneed
10. ^ Taym Dren-Garen
11. ^ Cane Adiss
12. + Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
13. ^ Reegesk
14. Jaxxon
15. ^ Sgt. Doallyn
16. ^ Sim Aloo
17. + Anakin Solo
18. ^ Queen Apailana (ROTS)
19. ^ Tzizvvt
20. Bastila Shan
21. ^ Kithaba
22. + Pellaeon
23. + Noghri
24. ^ Dash Rendar
25. ^ Leebo
26. ^ Weequay Skiff Master
27. ^ Darth Plagueis
28. ^ Mawhonic
29. ^ Barriss Offee
30. ^ Teek

In the 2nd method, 27 / 30 results matched my desires. I have no love or need for Bastilla Shan, Jaxxon, or another figure of Dr. Evezan.

Of the 20 that were selected for BOTH lists, all are completely fine by me and the majority of them are ones I wanted and voted for.

A lot of the characters I did not vote for here, I still did want: like Sim Aloo. He and others just were not a priority for me if I only had 30 choices. They'd all make my Top 100 list probably.

sebillba
08-23-2009, 04:41 AM
Well, whatever I think of the results, I must say a big thank you to MSP and JT for conducting and collating these polls, your efforts are much appreciated.

I know which Top 30 I prefer, and that's the one that doesn't have some cranky old moo at no.1. :rolleyes: All power to GeonosisJedi for his tireless campaigning for her, but really, it amazes me that the majority are saying they want her more than any other character?! Maybe I am in the minority, but I just can't imagine watching the library scene in AOTC and thinking, wow, she's so awesome, I totally have to have an action figure of her!!!! But I guess the results don't lie......

Sure, I would've liked to see Bom Vimdin win, or even Cliegg (even though he only just made my top 20, he was a relatively important character, and I totally get his appeal) - unfortunately much of the pleas for JN were accompanied with "don't vote for Bom Vimdin, he's already confirmed (which he isn't) and is a waste of a vote", and this obviously had an effect. And I've seen this on other sites, not just here. Still, I'm not too worried, I'm sure Hasbro know we still want him, and he will be made, I just hope this doesn't cause him to be delayed.

From the first set of results, 9 were from my Top 30, with a couple of others very close:

1. Cliegg Lars
2. Dr. Evazan
3. Bom Vimdin
5. Sim Aloo
7. Tey How
12. Ben Quadinaros
18. Teek
19. Kithaba
26. Wald

And whilst 10 of mine made it in the second list, I still prefer the first one...

2. Cliegg Lars
4. Tey How
5. Bom Vimdin
6. Ben Quadinaros
7. Dr. Evazan
13. Reegesk
16. Sim Aloo
21. Kithaba
28. Mawhonic
30. Teek

I'm actually quite surprised there are no Padme outfits in the final lists... though that doesn't disappoint me at all. :D

Also interesting is there is only one resculpt - Dr Evazan - every other choice would be for a brand new figure.

Tycho
08-23-2009, 04:45 AM
For years, in my old polling, and Toy Fare's, Bom Vimdim has ranked. Hasbro did confirm him for 2011 or was it 2010, in one of the Q&A's.

Re-checking, I found that I voted for him anyway, (and Wooof), but I really think those are wasted votes in light of their confirmations.

Oh, I'm also not surprised like JediTricks, that there are no main characters on the lists. They will be made anyway. However, if we need suggestions:

Luke ESB - On Dagobah - wearing his Bespin outfit, the molded jacket sculpted unbuttoned and open, with his green muscle shirt underneathe

Luke NJO - older Luke, possibly head from Jedi Evolutions set with more gray hair, traditional ROTJ black Jedi outfit or similar

Han Solo - ROTJ - ultimate Han Solo in Carbonite - where you can completely in-case Han in carbonite, with extra hands to make him fit in "the pose," and interchange the cover for one with red applications to make Han "unfreeze."

Han Solo - NJO - older, possibly using a head similar to Indiana Jones KOTCS's, wearing all black, after Chewbacca's death

Leia - HTTE - pregnant, wearing black Jedi training spandex with tan vest over it, hair down but crowned with jewels in gold

Leia - BFC - As New Republic Chief of State - royal robes of high office, lightsaber

Chewie - SOTE - taller resculpt of Snoova Disguise, with removeable armor

Lando - SOTE - Stormtrooper Disguise

Lando - HTTE - Nkllon Mining Baron - brown and tan business suit, stylin'

Yoda - ESB (or any movie appearance, so include lightsaber) super-articulated with cloth cloak, just like 1980 vintage with better sculpt and paint aps.

Obi-Wan AOTC - with wet hair and changeable molded cloaks with the hood up and the hood down. SA for the fight with Jango

Padme Amidala - that nearly endless list of all her unproduced wardrobe changes from all 3 prequels. So we're taking 20 or more Padme figures. Probably another Evolutions set would be useful. The black post-Senate is the last one from TPM. The Yellow Waterfalls would be a bright color change from that (in the box presentation) AOTC, and from ROTS you could do her Silver Senate Outfit, from the Declaration of an Empire speech. It almost looks like she is wearing chest armor of some sort. The outfit's pretty cool actually.

JarJar - AOTC - Padme's apartment

Jar Jar - AOTC - Galactic Senate Representative Binks - resculpted non-preposed

Mace Windu - AOTC - Arena Battle on fire from Jango's flame-thrower (see Unleashed Mace)

Palpatine - ROTS - resculpt of the red outfit from the Chancellor's Office fight, SA

Palpatine - ROTS - Yoda Duel

sebillba
08-23-2009, 04:50 AM
For years, in my old polling, and Toy Fare's, Bom Vimdim has ranked. Hasbro did confirm him for 2011 or was it 2010, in one of the Q&A's.

Re-checking, I found that I voted for him anyway, (and Wooof), but I really think those are wasted votes in light of their confirmations.

They said something along the lines of "we think we should get to him in 2010, if our schedule goes to plan", and recently hinted that either Bom or an updated Han Bespin would be out in 2010 or 2011... but both are too vague for me, and not set in stone confirmations.

GeonosisJedi
08-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Well, I am thrilled to see that Jocasta Nu came out so high in our polling. Hopefully, the momentum will continue!

JOCASTA NU
FANS CHOICE FIGURE

Cane_Adiss
08-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Glad to see Cane Adiss made both lists! And it looks like he's doing well in other sites polls as well...

Too bad the Mon Calamari dancer isn't getting many votes. She's one of the last unique aliens from ROTS to be made. She still doesn't seem to be that well known of a character yet because her closeup never made the final cut of the film and I think that's the main reason she's not getting many votes. Just my opinion.

Both list look pretty solid, and despite what Hasbro has said in the Q&A's I find it difficult to believe that they'll end the line without doing Jaxxon, Jocasta, Teek, or Ben Quadinaros. I'll bet they'll get to everyone on our lists in the next 5 or 6 years. Heck I'd bet they'll even do an Ackmena eventually, and that would be sweet!

It would've been nice if Jess made both lists, or at least placed higher in the one she made. Though I'm confident Hasbro has her on their radar!

bigbarada
08-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm happy that Kithaba ranked fairly consistently between the two polls (19th and 21st). :thumbsup: 7 years ago, when I first started campaigning for him, he wasn't on anybody's radar. So we've come a long way. :cool:

palps45895
08-23-2009, 11:23 AM
I agree that Hasbro will probably get to all these figures... but that may well be because of this poll's results...

I think the biggest headline coming out of all of these polls seems to be:

NO MORE R'S HASBRO!
NO MORE REPAINTS, REHASHES, RESCULPTS & REPACKS!

We're tired of Luke, Han, Obi and the crowd...

The Fans want not just new figures: they want NEW CHARACTERS! Its' diversity is what's made the SW line what it's been...

The OT has a bunch of NEW alien background characters to make; the PT has been being particularly neglected and there are lots of great NEW characters to make there; and the EU is filled with strange, NEW and exciting characters.

If anything, this poll may show Hasbro back to the path of 'balance'.

Droid
08-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Very happy with the results. 13 of my top 30 choices made one of the lists. 9 of my top ten choices made the list. I wish Shasa Tiel had gotten placed. I also wish that Rycar Ryjerd had made it as I think he needs promotion to get made.

As it is, when you can only vote for one figure I intend to vote for Taym Dren-Garen. I'd rather have Bom Vimdin, the Ranat, and Shasa Tiel, but I think they will almost certainly be made because they are aliens. A poll like this may be Taym's only hope.

I really can't believe I have to campaign for him though after that yellow Naboo Soldier they made a while back, or after Willrow Hood, or the scanning crew member on its third release.

Taym Dren-Garen SHOT LUKE!

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Too bad the Mon Calamari dancer isn't getting many votes. She's one of the last unique aliens from ROTS to be made. She still doesn't seem to be that well known of a character yet because her closeup never made the final cut of the film and I think that's the main reason she's not getting many votes. Just my opinion.That's it. Other than the avatar you used to have, I had never seen what they looked like. In the movie, it's just a blur in the distance that I can't make out. It might make a nice looking figure, but I'd rather have something that I could actually see in the movie, or EU characters that I am familiar with.

I was glad that Joruus C'baoth and Bastila Shan each made at least one list. If I had changed one of my top 30 votes to Corran Horn, I think he could have made that list as well. Even though we just got the pilot version, I would really like to see him in a different outfit.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Though I'm disappointed that Funeral Pyre Vader, Senate Duel Palpatine, and any (all!) Padmés were left off, I'm generally pleased with the results. Most of them are still exciting choices, even though I have a hard time believing that Cordé and Dormé did as well as they did. It's also nice to see so few EU characters on there, since Hasbro seems to think that's all anybody wants anymore, when I'd rather have a movie figure (even Jocasta Nu) any day of the week.

And which Weequay is it? The skiff master or a resculpt of the other one?

Tycho
08-23-2009, 01:35 PM
I just got the 2nd issue of the new SW Comic Invasion, about the Yuuzhan Vong war.

Luke Skywalker is shown wearing very similar to how he appears in ROTJ, except for a slightly older face, thinned hair.

Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, and Lowbacca are drawn / colored excellently and would make this comic a great source for the 2-pack figure format.

palps45895
08-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I think the big problem with the Padme vote is the big number of Padme's we all want and need.

Crap, what are there? Like 10-12 costumes to make?

The problem is: no one feels like devoting that much of their vote to just Padme (as it would be at the expense of other characters, too): so we get everyone giving votes for 1 or 2 of their favorites.

Considering all the other polls, too, I think overall Padme got more votes than anyone else combined. Problem is they are all spread out over various costumes. If we only had like 2 to choose from they would both probably win...

Hasbro just needs to knock out like 2 more of those Padme Evo sets... those really sold well, I think. Could rarely if ever find them at the store. Most of the time, they were out of stock at hts.com, too.

bigbarada
08-23-2009, 02:15 PM
And which Weequay is it? The skiff master or a resculpt of the other one?

I think that Weequay on the first list would be a resculpt of the vintage Weequay (also the only one we've gotten in the modern line). Which would be very welcome to me since I didn't really think that the POTF2 Weequay was really any improvement over the vintage Weequay.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I think that Weequay on the first list would be a resculpt of the vintage Weequay (also the only one we've gotten in the modern line). Which would be very welcome to me since I didn't really think that the POTF2 Weequay was really any improvement over the vintage Weequay.
Indeed, the one on the list that just says Weequay is a resculpt of the POTF2 figure. Weequay Skiff Master is the 2nd one on the prisoner skiff that has yet to be made.

Qui-Long Gone
08-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm glad this is a fan poll and not Hasbro's guarenteed list...most of these figures are ones I'll pass on, but I appreciate (though don't understand) their fan base.

It's been over 20 years and there are tons of skiff and sail barge thugs more derserving than most of the figures on this poll...I'd like to see as many of them made as possible....

For the record, had they shown Jocasta batteling Vader in the temple, I would have definitely voted for her just for that reason alone!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2009, 04:47 PM

Indeed, the one on the list that just says Weequay is a resculpt of the POTF2 figure. Weequay Skiff Master is the 2nd one on the prisoner skiff that has yet to be made.
Thanks to you both. I can't fathom why people would choose a resculpt of Queequeg over any of the other skiff guards, but I'm sure some people can't understand why I want a Cliegg, either. :p

It's interesting looking at other sites' polls, since many of them seem to be fairly consistent, at least in the selection, if not the ranking.

I think the big problem with the Padme vote is the big number of Padme's we all want and need.

The problem is: no one feels like devoting that much of their vote to just Padme (as it would be at the expense of other characters, too): so we get everyone giving votes for 1 or 2 of their favorites.

Considering all the other polls, too, I think overall Padme got more votes than anyone else combined. Problem is they are all spread out over various costumes. If we only had like 2 to choose from they would both probably win...

Hasbro just needs to knock out like 2 more of those Padme Evo sets... those really sold well, I think. Could rarely if ever find them at the store. Most of the time, they were out of stock at hts.com, too.
There's around 20 costumes left for her, and I was really hoping that she would do better, but yeah, the fact that there are so many choices likely hindered her in the end. I hope Hasbro doesn't think we don't want more figures of her. Cordé and Dormé are showing up on several other polls as well, and I'm not seeing any Padmés, so meh.

agentorange1976
08-23-2009, 05:30 PM
I can't fathom why people would choose a resculpt of Queequeg over any of the other skiff guards
I voted for Queequeg, followed immediately by the Weequay Skiff Master, because while the Skiff Master is more direly needed, I would want an improved Queequeg as well, or he would look pretty sadsack next to the Skiff Master. Compare the Queequeg(s) we have with Ak-rev (particularly the hair braids), and you may see what I mean. And they could do both from one head sculpt, maybe with different paint apps.

D

Devo
08-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I'd buy 20/30 of the figures from "style 1" round and 17/30 figures from "style 2" of which 13 of my choices are figures common to both lists.

Of the figures on the lists that I actually voted for, I see only 5:

Toryn Farr
Fozec
Taym Dren Garen
Mosep Bineed
Weequay Skiffmaster

Obviously though there are plenty I didn't happen to vote for that I would buy.

RoonStones
08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Well I'm relatively happy with the resuts. I think from those characters that made both lists it's pretty likely we'll see them in 3 3/4" format. I can't think why Pellaeon won't be made, or Cliegg Lars. I'm glad Jaxxon made it to at least one list :thumbsup:

I'm also happy to see the general consensus here is for new characters. No one asked for any Clone Trooper / Stormtrooper variants or another Padme in Workout Clothes, so at least there's a strong push for Hasbro to delve into EU and more background characers (the more Cantina aliens the better, I say).

Though with certain EU characters like Jax or Valiance or Bollux/Blue Max, I wonder what the likelihood we'll get to see them. Particularly those characters from the late '70s early '80s. While a number of us remember them (some fondly, others not so), I could see Hasbro rationalizing that an entire generation did not grow up with them and will theoretically want more Prequel oriented stuff. I would argue that figs from the Vintage EU series is not only paying homage to the earlier stories, but acknolwedges fanboys like me who are older.

I COULD however see Entertainment Earth putting something out like the Ebon Hawk collection like they did with the Republic Commandos and Imperial Briefing Room. Hell, a collection for KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2. I'd easily buy both!

And I noticed Sim Aloo made it too. I'd buy him, or even go for a collection of Imperial Dignitaries, along with Ars Dangor (West End Games image), Sate Pestage, and others.

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I agree that Hasbro will probably get to all these figures... but that may well be because of this poll's results...

I think the biggest headline coming out of all of these polls seems to be:

NO MORE R'S HASBRO!
NO MORE REPAINTS, REHASHES, RESCULPTS & REPACKS!

We're tired of Luke, Han, Obi and the crowd...

The Fans want not just new figures: they want NEW CHARACTERS! Its' diversity is what's made the SW line what it's been...

The OT has a bunch of NEW alien background characters to make; the PT has been being particularly neglected and there are lots of great NEW characters to make there; and the EU is filled with strange, NEW and exciting characters.

If anything, this poll may show Hasbro back to the path of 'balance'.Then you may as well tell Hasbro to stop making Star Wars items, because the first wave that lives up to your edicts will be the last wave retailers order. Without Luke, Han, Vader, etc., there aren't enough sales to keep the line alive.

Hasbro just needs to knock out like 2 more of those Padme Evo sets... those really sold well, I think. Could rarely if ever find them at the store. Most of the time, they were out of stock at hts.com, too.First, I'm nearly swallowing my tongue at the idea that the Padme Evo set sold well. Worst shelfwarmer in the whole series in my area.

Secondly though, and the reason I responded to your post, I honestly believe that folks want all those wacky Padme figures but only from the first film where it made a significant impact. In eps 2 and 3, her nigh-constant costume changes didn't really hit home as strongly with the viewing audience, it just wasn't as much of a statement as ep 1. And ep 1's costumes are 90% done, so there's no strong need for specific ones. If you look at the '06 Fans Choice Poll, that was a write-in effort and people had just come off of '05's ROTS where she had only a small number of noteworthy costumes, including the one folks knew Hasbro wouldn't do without pushing, Padme Funeral.

Thanks to you both. I can't fathom why people would choose a resculpt of Queequeg over any of the other skiff guards, but I'm sure some people can't understand why I want a Cliegg, either. :pThe POTF2 Weequay figure is the most noteworthy Weequay character (I refuse to call him "Queequeg" because I find the usage utterly brainless and from a rather dubious source), he gets the most screen time and interacts with main characters the most. He's the iconic Weequay, and the one we have is pretty shabby by modern standards.

So, my "buy/no buy" list from the results is as follows:

-List 1-
1. Cliegg Lars
2. Dr. Evazan
3. Bom Vimdin (maybe, I don't really like his look but I'm not a hater)
5. Sim Aloo (unlikely but possible)
6. Pellaeon (unlikely but possible)
7. Tey How (unlikely but possible)
8. Toryn Farr (unlikely but possible)
14. Guri (at least 2)
15. Tzizvvt (unlikely but possible)
17. Sgt. Doallyn (depends on design as I am confident in the Bane Malar figure we have)
18. Teek (just for you guys :p)
19. Kithaba (possibly, depends on how good the design is)
20. Taym Dren-Garen (possibly, depends on how good the design is)
23. Joruus C'baoth
24. Mosep (unlikely but possible)
28. Fozec (possibly, depends on how good the design is)
29. Jess (unlikely but possible)
30. Weequay (at least 2)
That's 18 figures, made up of 6 confirmed, 5 somewhat likely, and 7 fairly unlikely choices.

Next...

-List 2-
2. Cliegg Lars
3. Guri (at least 2)
4. Tey How (unlikely but possible)
5. Bom Vimdin (maybe, I don't really like his look but I'm not a hater)
7. Dr. Evazan
9. Mosep Binneed (unlikely but possible)
10. Taym Dren-Garen (possibly, depends on how good the design is)
13. Reegesk (unlikely but possible)
15. Sgt. Doallyn (depends on design as I am confident in the Bane Malar figure we have)
16. Sim Aloo (unlikely but possible)
19. Tzizvvt (unlikely but possible)
21. Kithaba (possibly, depends on how good the design is)
22. Pellaeon (unlikely but possible)
23. Noghri
24. Dash Rendar
25. Leebo
26. Weequay Skiff Master (at least 2)
28. Mawhonic (unlikely but possible)
30. Teek (just for you guys :p) That has 19 figures, wow, an improvement. It's made up of 8 confirmed, 4 somewhat likely, and 7 fairly unlikely choices. Now, to the list of 20 common figures...

-List of common to both-
Cliegg Lars
Guri (at least 2)
Tey How (unlikely but possible)
Bom Vimdin (maybe, I don't really like his look but I'm not a hater)
Dr. Evazan
Mosep Binneed (unlikely but possible)
Taym Dren-Garen (possibly, depends on how good the design is)
Sgt. Doallyn (depends on design as I am confident in the Bane Malar figure we have)
Sim Aloo (unlikely but possible)
Tzizvvt (unlikely but possible)
Kithaba (possibly, depends on how good the design is)
Pellaeon (unlikely but possible)
Teek (just for you guys :p)My results have 13 out of those 20 in some form of interest. However, just 4 of those are confirmed buys.

bigbarada
08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
(I refuse to call him "Queequeg" because I find the usage utterly brainless and from a rather dubious source),

Yeah, from what I've read, he was based on the Moby Dick character Queequeg, but was actually nicknamed "Quee Quay" before Lucasfilm finally settled on Weequay. My source for that is from the book From Star Wars to Indiana Jones by Mark Cotta Vaz & Shinji Hata (1994, Chronicle Books). It mentions "Quee Quay" as the original nickname for Weequay on pages 87 and 89.

I actually remember hearing the name Quee Quay as early as 1983; but I used to always just attribute it to the Skiff Master (I always called them the "Weequay twins").

he gets the most screen time and interacts with main characters the most. He's the iconic Weequay, and the one we have is pretty shabby by modern standards.

I agree, and as much as I want all of the Skiff Guards made, I would prefer to see a completely updated Weequay before any of the guards from the Second Skiff (with the exception of an updated Barada, of course, but that's just me). He's the most prominent and easily recognizable of all of them.

El Chuxter
08-23-2009, 08:55 PM
It's kinda funny, y'know? I consider my interest to be waning, and am passing on more figures than I'm buying. But the majority of both lists are quite cool.

I'd jump at the chance to get any of the twenty who were common to both lists:
Cliegg Lars
Dr Evazan
Bom Vimdin
Jocasta Nu
Sim Aloo
Pellaeon
Tey How
Anakin Solo
Nom Anor (New Jedi Order)
Queen Jamillia
Ben Quadinaros
Cane Adiss
Guri
Tzizvvt
Queen Apailana
Sgt. Doallyn
Teek
Kithaba
Taym Dren-Garen
Mosep Binneed

From List #1, I'd definitely snatch up:
Toryn Farr
Dormé
Kitster
Joruus C'baoth
Lumat, vintage Ewok
Wald
Cordé
Fozec

I'd probably get Jess, even though she's about as dull a split-second character as there is (I'd much rather get Laudica as far as background women in the palace go, and she could at least be packed with a blaster). The Weequay would have to be a major improvement for me to get one.

From List #2, almost as good of results:
Reegesk
Jaxxon
Noghri
Leebo
Weequay Skiff Master
Mawhonic
Barriss Offee

Plagueis would be a maybe. He's so bloody minor, it's sort of a "who cares?" thing. Dash Rendar would have to be a major improvement; even then, I'd probably pass, since the latest Xizor was a major improvement over the old one and never found a home in my collection, and they're equally dull one-off loser characters. (Leebo at least is a cool droid; same with Guri.) Bastila Shan is the only 100% certain pass from me.

palps45895
08-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, I'm really pleased the poll results. I think this poll has hit the nail right on the head for every genre pretty much: ot, pt, eu... the biggest and coolest missing characters of all three.

Not much to complain about here. Yeah, a couple I'd pass on, but I know others would love them...

so all in all good for everybody, I think.

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, from what I've read, he was based on the Moby Dick character Queequeg, but was actually nicknamed "Quee Quay" before Lucasfilm finally settled on Weequay. My source for that is from the book From Star Wars to Indiana Jones by Mark Cotta Vaz & Shinji Hata (1994, Chronicle Books). It mentions "Quee Quay" as the original nickname for Weequay on pages 87 and 89.

I actually remember hearing the name Quee Quay as early as 1983; but I used to always just attribute it to the Skiff Master (I always called them the "Weequay twins").I've heard that in several other iterations as well, and ultimately it makes more sense than using the name that their whole race is an homage to, but it's still fairly lazy IMO compared to just getting away from the whole "named after his race" thing. It's like naming your kids "Hugh Mann" (gleefully stolen from Futurama).

I agree, and as much as I want all of the Skiff Guards made, I would prefer to see a completely updated Weequay before any of the guards from the Second Skiff (with the exception of an updated Barada, of course, but that's just me). He's the most prominent and easily recognizable of all of them.The others somewhat stem from him too, once you have a good Weequay 1 then all the rest can fall into place. The Skiff Guards cinema scene from POTF2 works well because those figures fit the POTF2 Weequay styling, if you make them better without him then it's like putting the cart before the horse.

IMO, finding tertiary aliens and henchmen characters to make figures out of are best judged on worthiness based on how close to interacting with main characters and/or the screen they get, and it can chain-react like a ripple in a pond or a pyramid if done right. "Now I have Luke Jedi, I need Weequay to push him. Now that I have Weequay, I need his buddies to help fight off Luke's friends. Now that I have the first skiff's guards, I need the second skiff's guards for Luke to jump over and kill." and so forth and so on.

Dash Rendar would have to be a major improvement; even then, I'd probably pass, since the latest Xizor was a major improvement over the old one and never found a home in my collection, and they're equally dull one-off loser characters. (Leebo at least is a cool droid; same with Guri.) Dash Rendar could scarcely not be an improvement over the original '96 figure. That thing was such a disappointment compared to the somewhat cool customer of the N64 game and the comic art. Even the figure's stupid George Clooney bowl haircut was lame. I did buy that Xizor though, I really dug SOTE back in the day.

El Chuxter
08-23-2009, 09:34 PM
True, the old figure did suck. I would've bought Xizor, too, if Leia weren't so lousy. If smart, they'd release any SOTE figures (including reissue Leia and Xizor) to coincide with a Wii Virtual Console reissue of the game. I can always dream....

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 09:42 PM
I actually like that Leia figure, but I don't love it. Overall, it's a decent figure, I like the hair sculpt and the majority of the body fits the source material, the cankles don't bother me too much, it's actually the gauzy wrap that I think doesn't quite work, the material is too stiff. I think that figure gets a bad wrap... pun intended. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks to you both. I can't fathom why people would choose a resculpt of Queequeg over any of the other skiff guards, but I'm sure some people can't understand why I want a Cliegg, either. :pI can't fathom a lot of the votes. Luckily, most of those were cases where someone was the only one voting for certain characters.

I tried to avoid voting for resculpts, as I figure most of the core characters will get done eventually. They always need to put one of those in the lineup, often every year. The only remakes I voted for were Uncle Owen, Dr. Evazan and Office Duel Palpatine. The first two were non-core character POTF2 era figures in Cinema scenes, and the Palpatine figure was a salt shaker with an action feature. Of those three, only Evazan made it.

Being a completist, I'll probably get all the figures on these lists if they are made. Not having read the Marvel comics or seen the second Ewoks movie (I have the DVD, but only watched Caravan of Courage), Jaxxon and Teek don't interest me much. They seem rather ridiculous. I'll still get the figures though.

Most of my interest is in EU figures, as I have good memories of reading things like the X-Wing Novels and the Heir to the Empire trilogy. I also enjoyed video games like Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces and Knights of the Old Republic. Those books and games were great ways to immerse myself in the Star Wars universe, and to have action figures of those characters would be really cool.

As for some of the other movie figures I did vote for, I was surprised there wasn't more support for the vintage Hoth soldier. I would also like to have seen support for a Naboo pilot. Likewise with Commander Willard. It seems as if he has become a forgotten character. Cliegg Lars, Kithaba, Jocasta Nu, Toryn Farr and Barriss Offee were ones I voted for that did make the list.

I agree with the assessment as to why no Padmés made the list. I think each person has different preferences as to which one should be made. I had so many figures I wanted on my list, I limited myself the one per movie, TPM post-senate black outfit, AOTC Loyalist Committee, and ROTS Leia buns cloak.

Lord Malakite
08-23-2009, 11:29 PM
For the record, had they shown Jocasta batteling Vader in the temple, I would have definitely voted for her just for that reason alone!
Would you settle for a video game scene of it? Not really a battle per say. More like Jocasta being her typical snob librarian self and Anakin retaliating with a force pulling her into his lit saber. :D

El Chuxter
08-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I think it would have been massively clever to show Jocasta trying to defend the younglings, putting up an insane fight, and actually injuring Anakin. I'm serious. There was no surprise to Yoda; Lucas bragged about seeing "why he's called the Master" for months before the film's release. To show this old lady fighting every bit as well as Dooku, Yoda, or Qui-Gon (who was 60 when he died) would have actually have made the Jedi seem altogether more credible.

So would even one of the Jedi Masters taking out a single freakin' Clonetrooper. Bunch of sitting ducks, to quote Panaka.

Tycho
08-24-2009, 04:06 AM
I have a suggestion about what to do about Padme for some future poll effort down the road. (This post is for the Padme lovers that want her various outfits for scene completions).

First, have a separate vote to select 2 very specific, most-wanted Padmes from either AOTC or ROTS. (The last TPM one will inevitably get made - black Post-Senate Gown - as it's the natural choice to include in an Evolutions set before repeating Queen Amidala figures from Ep1).

Second, have the Padme-lovers all vote for 1 or 2 of the winning Padme figures to get her on a final 30-figure list of our suggestions. If there is a significant number of Padme-lovers, her top 1 or 2 most-wanted figures (Loyalist Commitee? Yellow Waterfalls Dress? E3 Senate?) might make the list and get off of our needs-to-get-done list. If there aren't a good number of us (like the Jocasta Nu fans out there), those of you who do not want more Padme movie figures have nothing to worry about.

And this effort to get Padme figures will continue in future fan polling efforts with probably No's 3 and 4 on our Padme-list the next poll afterward.

This approach might also be used to coordinate the approach to Expanded Universe figures, but we should allow more than 2 finalists - perhaps many instead. But instead of older Leia, we could specify Jedi Apprentice Leia or Chief of State Leia, and then go for that figure in a final poll.

Hasbro asked for this one too quickly. Maybe in 2011 they'll ask us for our input again? I'd say then, with enough lead-in time prior to Comic Con, we should organize ourselves for a targeted push for certain Padme or EU characters.

Devo
08-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow, I didn't realise JESS was a character from Jabbas Palace! Didn't vote for her but I'd definitely buy her. I too would rather have had Laudica as shes more visible but if Jess were to get made Laudica certainly would.

Cane_Adiss
08-24-2009, 11:56 AM
I think it would be a good thing if people would just look up the characters they aren't familiar with on Wookieepedia. Everytime I see someone vote for a character I've never heard of, that's where I go. It makes it alot easier to see a certain character's appeal and whether they would make a good figure or not. Plus it's educational. I know alot more about the EU than I would if I just ignored the unfamiliar names.

Jess might not be the most exciting character to some, but to me she's essential to completing my Jabba's palace scene. And she's hot :love: . She's one of the few human characters that I will continue to lobby for until she's made. And if they made Leesub Sirln, I think they will do Jess as well. I too would like a Laudica as she's no less essential, but it seems like Jess's physical appearance resonates more w/ the collecting community.

Come to think of it, Laudica might make for an easy Tonnika custom when she's made!

Qui-Long Gone
08-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Would you settle for a video game scene of it? Not really a battle per say. More like Jocasta being her typical snob librarian self and Anakin retaliating with a force pulling her into his lit saber. :D

You bet!

The scene would go:

Nu: I'm sorry, but the library is closed...:mad:

Anakin: I'm sorry, but your about to be closed...:twisted:

Nu: I don't appreciate your tone young maaaahhhhhhhhh....(sabered!) :hurt:

Ando
08-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Dash Rendar could scarcely not be an improvement over the original '96 figure. That thing was such a disappointment compared to the somewhat cool customer of the N64 game and the comic art. Even the figure's stupid George Clooney bowl haircut was lame. I did buy that Xizor though, I really dug SOTE back in the day.

I was and still am a huge SOTE fan, too JT. I would LOVE a new and improved Dash Rendar figure. What do you think the chances of a new and improved Outrider are?

Lord Malakite
08-25-2009, 01:23 AM
You bet!

The scene would go:

Nu: I'm sorry, but the library is closed...:mad:

Anakin: I'm sorry, but your about to be closed...:twisted:

Nu: I don't appreciate your tone young maaaahhhhhhhhh....(sabered!) :hurt:

Well then, enjoy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG31ZZuKbsQ). :D

palps45895
08-25-2009, 09:16 AM
My 12 year old son told me about that scene, but I had not seen it myself before.

Pretty arrogant with that saber, huh?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I played the ROTS game on Xbox but don't remember that level.

palps45895
08-25-2009, 11:57 AM
My son's is for PS2. I don't know if all the levels are on both platforms. I know I always try to buy the platform with the most levels if I read there is a difference, but that was way long ago now...

pbarnard
08-25-2009, 12:00 PM
I played the ROTS game on Xbox but don't remember that level.

Unrememberable character, remember?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Unrememberable character, remember?

No, not just that, but the whole scene. Of course, it has been 4 years, but I can't recall if I played a level where I slaughtered Jedi.

Kidhuman
08-30-2009, 09:41 AM
has final voting from Hasbro started yet?

Blue2th
08-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Take a look around the other Star Wars websites folks, lurk if you want to. I'm only registered here so I pretty much do that anyways.

Interesting to note all the shenanigans that have been going on concerning a certain Librarian.

Some sites she won top spot. :rolleyes:
Some sites she didn't even make it in after the mods filtered out the multiple accounts registered by one person.
Some sites in dealing with this surge of newbies voting for one character, anyone new with just so many posts they decided to exclude these people from voting at all.

Things that make you go hmm. :Ponder:

pbarnard
08-31-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't care if they're new or not. They cared enough to sign up and vote, they're vote counts, imo. I have no problem with excluding multiple ID/single user.

But hey, if a couple idiots want to tank the line for everyone, just remember, we'll not buy and ask that you all buy us your peg warmer.

El Chuxter
08-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Keep in mind that Hasbro will make a master list for voting, and will not allow multiple accounts (unless someone has multiple IPs).

Blue2th
08-31-2009, 12:41 PM
I have no problem with that either, otherwise how does a site grow?
It becomes kinda clique without new people.

Just sayin' that's what I read.

JediTricks
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I tried to avoid voting for resculpts, as I figure most of the core characters will get done eventually. They always need to put one of those in the lineup, often every year. The only remakes I voted for were Uncle Owen, Dr. Evazan and Office Duel Palpatine. The first two were non-core character POTF2 era figures in Cinema scenes, and the Palpatine figure was a salt shaker with an action feature. Of those three, only Evazan made it.I found myself also voting for a lot less core character resculpts this time around, despite my feeling that there are plenty that still need to be done. I didn't really think about it, but your reasoning is sound, core characters will get done and I take that for granted.

Being a completist, I'll probably get all the figures on these lists if they are made. Not having read the Marvel comics or seen the second Ewoks movie (I have the DVD, but only watched Caravan of Courage), Jaxxon and Teek don't interest me much. They seem rather ridiculous. I'll still get the figures though. Teek is on the boarding video for Star Tours, so there's no way I wouldn't get him. I did see both Ewok movies on TV when they first came out though, and that did make it harder for me to vote for him since those movies suuuuuucked.

Most of my interest is in EU figures, as I have good memories of reading things like the X-Wing Novels and the Heir to the Empire trilogy. I also enjoyed video games like Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces and Knights of the Old Republic. Those books and games were great ways to immerse myself in the Star Wars universe, and to have action figures of those characters would be really cool.Good taste!

As for some of the other movie figures I did vote for, I was surprised there wasn't more support for the vintage Hoth soldier. I would also like to have seen support for a Naboo pilot. Likewise with Commander Willard. It seems as if he has become a forgotten character.I can't imagine ever wanting to buy Cmdr Willard, he's just too similar to Dodonna whom we already have. I dunno if I'd buy him now. The vintage Hoth Soldier is basically the Luke Hoth costume with a different head, right? Never blew me away as a must-have, he's barely noticeable in the film (there are several who aren't Ratzenberger, but they don't stand out). I think the Naboo Pilot would be a lot more supported if Hasbro would re-release the Naboo Fighter, especially with some swank chrome.

I was and still am a huge SOTE fan, too JT. I would LOVE a new and improved Dash Rendar figure. What do you think the chances of a new and improved Outrider are? Sadly, the Outrider has about zero chances to get done full-scale. I don't even count that first one, it doesn't look very much like the actual vehicle and it doesn't properly fit a figure in the cockpit. However, Hasbro is releasing a Titanium Series version just before the line ends, and it is so very nice-looking, as well as a decent size. I'd also suggest checking out the Galoob Micro Machines Outrider, it goes nicely with the Die Cast/Titanium Series Falcon, and the Rawcliffe pewter Outrider (although the guns are gold, and fall off easily, which I rectified by holding them in place with chewing gum). The Titanium is as good as we're likely to get unless it miraculously shows up in new SW media soon.

Well then, enjoy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG31ZZuKbsQ). :DYou have a funny way of using the term "enjoy". :p

I love how the music swells and crests in time to reveal!!!.... a little old lady's turkey-neck.

How stupid is it that she pulls her saber on Anakin? Mace Windu didn't even bother doing that when facing down Palpatine until he watched 3 of his fellow Jedi get killed! And then she eats it instantly right after her bold move, if she was so ready to defend herself of him, why does she not block his Force move? Oh, right, because she's a weak old librarian who has no business wielding a sword and has just further embarrassed herself, to her doom.

Man was that crummy voice acting in that clip, the padawans were so awful, but Hayden was the worst because he's a name actor!

has final voting from Hasbro started yet?No, that'll be when ToyFare Magazine issue #148 hits newstands, which is the October issue.

Keep in mind that Hasbro will make a master list for voting, and will not allow multiple accounts (unless someone has multiple IPs).Wishful thinking. It's up to Wizard to ensure this doesn't have shenanigans, and honestly, I don't expect them to be particularly diligent, their readers tanked the last vote a little IMO. Multiple IP addies is very easy unfortunately, some ISPs have rotating IPs every time a user signs in, and there are other ways.

Ando
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Sadly, the Outrider has about zero chances to get done full-scale. I don't even count that first one, it doesn't look very much like the actual vehicle and it doesn't properly fit a figure in the cockpit. However, Hasbro is releasing a Titanium Series version just before the line ends, and it is so very nice-looking, as well as a decent size. I'd also suggest checking out the Galoob Micro Machines Outrider, it goes nicely with the Die Cast/Titanium Series Falcon, and the Rawcliffe pewter Outrider (although the guns are gold, and fall off easily, which I rectified by holding them in place with chewing gum). The Titanium is as good as we're likely to get unless it miraculously shows up in new SW media soon.

That's what I thought and that's a shame. I don't count the one from 1997/98, but I still have it and I don't plan on parting with it.

I do plan to get the Titanium Outrider (if/when I find it).

I guess I will have to construct my own YT-2400 Outrider. I have never done a cuistomer vehicle (only a handful of custom figs), but the Outrider is the coolest EU ship (IMO), so it will be worth doing or at least attempting.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
The vintage Hoth Soldier is basically the Luke Hoth costume with a different head, right? Never blew me away as a must-have, he's barely noticeable in the film (there are several who aren't Ratzenberger, but they don't stand out).Looking at some pictures, you appear to be right that the outfit is similar, in which case they've never done Hoth Luke right in the modern line, because he should have a brown vest. There are several Hoth rebels in the film with the vintage figure outfit, and they all have about as much dialogue as Derlin.

Cal Alder (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cal_Alder): "Sir, all the patrols are in. Still no…still no contact from Skywalker or Solo."

Tigran Jamiro (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tigran_Jamiro): "Your tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker!"

Shawn Valdez (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shawn_Valdez): "Groups seven and ten will stay behind to fly the speeders. As soon as each transport is loaded, evacuation control will give clearance for immediate launch."

Tamizander Rey (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tamizander_Rey): "I haven't seen him. It's possible he came in through the south entrance."

How stupid is it that she pulls her saber on Anakin? Mace Windu didn't even bother doing that when facing down Palpatine until he watched 3 of his fellow Jedi get killed!What are you talking about? Mace was the first one to ignite his saber when he declared that Palpatine was under arrest.

Blue2th
09-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Wishful thinking. It's up to Wizard to ensure this doesn't have shenanigans, and honestly, I don't expect them to be particularly diligent, their readers tanked the last vote a little IMO. Multiple IP addies is very easy unfortunately, some ISPs have rotating IPs every time a user signs in, and there are other ways.

So what I gather from that is despite some moderators diligent efforts, these Jocasta Nubies, could have circumvented those safeguards at all the sites they stuffed the ballot.

That's f**ked up!

No wonder one site not only nullified multiple votes from the same address, but nullified all of their votes and excluded their votes altogether. Zero Tolerance.

Oh well, not much we can do now. Least we know about it. :rolleyes: (shall I quote GI Joe?)

Qui-Long Gone
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm happy with results, I even changed my signature line to go along with the crowd!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Man was that crummy voice acting in that clip, the padawans were so awful, but Hayden was the worst because he's a name actor!
Or maybe the Mat Lucas was too good, because he tricked you into thinking he was Hayden. :p Hayden is credited with being Anakin in the footage from the film (obviously) but they got the guy from the microseries to do the voice on that one. I think Matt Lanter does the role much better than Mat Lucas. And good ol' Alethea McGrath herself plays everyone's favorite Jedi. :D

JediTricks
09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
That's what I thought and that's a shame. I don't count the one from 1997/98, but I still have it and I don't plan on parting with it.

I do plan to get the Titanium Outrider (if/when I find it).

I guess I will have to construct my own YT-2400 Outrider. I have never done a cuistomer vehicle (only a handful of custom figs), but the Outrider is the coolest EU ship (IMO), so it will be worth doing or at least attempting. Figure-scale? That one would be a beast just due to the size, and then there's the fact that no other SW vehicle toy has its shape so you'd have to really start over from scratch. I'm picturing a custom done to scale with the BMF, maybe you could build the outer hull around a B-wing, that might actually work. If you ever give it a shot, remember to post pics!

Looking at some pictures, you appear to be right that the outfit is similar, in which case they've never done Hoth Luke right in the modern line, because he should have a brown vest. There are several Hoth rebels in the film with the vintage figure outfit, and they all have about as much dialogue as Derlin.

Cal Alder (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cal_Alder): "Sir, all the patrols are in. Still no…still no contact from Skywalker or Solo."

Tigran Jamiro (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tigran_Jamiro): "Your tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker!"

Shawn Valdez (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shawn_Valdez): "Groups seven and ten will stay behind to fly the speeders. As soon as each transport is loaded, evacuation control will give clearance for immediate launch."

Tamizander Rey (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tamizander_Rey): "I haven't seen him. It's possible he came in through the south entrance."I am seeing a beige vest on all of those guys as well as the Luke Hoth figures we have, I don't see a significant difference from the Wookieepedia listings of those guys and this Luke Hoth figure: http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0403lukeskywalkerha.asp

However, it appears Luke gets a gunbelt while those guys don't, so there is a costume difference. I just don't think much about any of them. Mjr Derlin's costume is the one that is different though, it's got a colored collar panel and tan sleeves instead of white the way Luke & those others do.

What are you talking about? Mace was the first one to ignite his saber when he declared that Palpatine was under arrest. Ok, but what does he do? He doesn't act to save his fellow Jedi and stop Palps.

Or maybe the Mat Lucas was too good, because he tricked you into thinking he was Hayden. :p Hayden is credited with being Anakin in the footage from the film (obviously) but they got the guy from the microseries to do the voice on that one. I think Matt Lanter does the role much better than Mat Lucas. And good ol' Alethea McGrath herself plays everyone's favorite Jedi. :DThat was Mat Lucas? I'm not surprised then, he's a fair imitation of the voice but uses the worst elements of Hayden's Ep 3 performance, his work in SW Battlefront II is only slightly better than that ROTS game video link.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I am seeing a beige vest on all of those guys as well as the Luke Hoth figures we have, I don't see a significant difference from the Wookieepedia listings of those guys and this Luke Hoth figure: http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0403lukeskywalkerha.aspThat Luke's vest looks a bit yellowish, while some of the other rebel's look a bit browner. The repainted Luke in the Episode V Tin Set (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiV.asp) is a bit closer.

Watching the Hoth scenes again, it does appear that Luke's vest is about the same as the others, but both should be browner than what any Luke figure has had, though not as brown as the vintage Hoth Rebel figure.

Ok, but what does he do? He doesn't act to save his fellow Jedi and stop Palps.Neither do the other three. Palpatine is pretty much on them and two are dead before the fighting has begun.

El Chuxter
09-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Which is one of the big flaws in ROTS. At least one of the three supposed greatest Jedi warriors should've put up enough fight to last two seconds against an old man. Sith lord or not, these guys were his equal in the Force, and theoretically have more combat training and practice.

Blue2th
09-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Seems to me there was hardly enough room to maneuver in there and they were caught off guard by a flying Sith, stumbled around like the Keystone Cops, and couldn't get out of each other's way.

El Chuxter
09-02-2009, 09:07 AM
If they were caught unawares by someone they had reason to believe was a Sith, all the more evidence of their incompetence.

Keep in mind that every single source says that four of the seven best Jedi warriors were in the room. (The other three were Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin.)

Ando
09-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Figure-scale? That one would be a beast just due to the size, and then there's the fact that no other SW vehicle toy has its shape so you'd have to really start over from scratch. I'm picturing a custom done to scale with the BMF, maybe you could build the outer hull around a B-wing, that might actually work. If you ever give it a shot, remember to post pics!

Yeah, figure scale. IIRC, the YT-2400's are smaller than YT-1300's, so I would probably use an older Millenium Falcon as a size reference and cannibalize the main part of the ship go from there.

I won't be able to start this anytime soon. I need a proper work shop, materials, time, and of course actual skills. But If/when I do start, I will post pictures.

Having a real Outrider (more accurate and more to scale than the Kenner/Hasbro toy from the 90's) has been a long time dream. If they make Leebo and re-do Dash, then I may have to make it happen for real.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
If they were caught unawares by someone they had reason to believe was a Sith, all the more evidence of their incompetence.

Keep in mind that every single source says that four of the seven best Jedi warriors were in the room. (The other three were Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin.)
Well, yeah the Jedi were incompetent, which is why they all died. They'd become too complacent and arrogant. That was the point.

And YOU keep in mind that EU bears no meaning in the films. :D

JediTricks
09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
That Luke's vest looks a bit yellowish, while some of the other rebel's look a bit browner. The repainted Luke in the Episode V Tin Set (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiV.asp) is a bit closer.I think that's more about RS's photography than the actual toy. I've got the Saga one on my desk, no yellow at all in the vest.

Watching the Hoth scenes again, it does appear that Luke's vest is about the same as the others, but both should be browner than what any Luke figure has had, though not as brown as the vintage Hoth Rebel figure.You are nitpicking the amount of brown in a figure's vest? This isn't Han Hoth's coat being blue or brown, it's the minorest of color variations, a difference of 2 degrees of warmth. And keep in mind that your TV settings may not be truly representing what the movie shows, the source material for photographs doesn't either since it's sometimes under odd lighting.

Neither do the other three. Palpatine is pretty much on them and two are dead before the fighting has begun.Yes, they have an excuse though, they're in the process of being dead. Mace just stands and watches, despite all his mighty Jedi powers.

Yeah, figure scale. IIRC, the YT-2400's are smaller than YT-1300's, so I would probably use an older Millenium Falcon as a size reference and cannibalize the main part of the ship go from there.

I won't be able to start this anytime soon. I need a proper work shop, materials, time, and of course actual skills. But If/when I do start, I will post pictures.

Having a real Outrider (more accurate and more to scale than the Kenner/Hasbro toy from the 90's) has been a long time dream. If they make Leebo and re-do Dash, then I may have to make it happen for real.I really don't think either Falcon would make a good Outrider. The cockpit is a long tube connected by 2 arms to the main body, and has a gap right where the Falcon's cockpit connects to the body. The guns and centerline are much further forward in comparison to the cockpit than the Falcon. But I can't wait to see the custom you come up with. If Guri, Leebo, and Dash had won this poll, I would have been so happy.

Well, yeah the Jedi were incompetent, which is why they all died. They'd become too complacent and arrogant. That was the point.Which is why Lucas is the true incompetent. If the prequel Jedi were such losers, they wouldn't need Anakin to betray them. They should have been the awesome warrior-monk-wizards they were meant to be, but that would have required tougher work to write their downfall, and Lucas was too busy having fun making movies about 10% of the prequel story to bother really thinking the whole thing through.

Blue2th
09-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Maybe they just had too big a dinner and couldn't think straight. Their Jedi thinking was dulled by their being full of the special Jedi food they get catered to them.
Palpatine knew this, and picked the right time to tell Anakin, right after supper. ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
09-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I think that's more about RS's photography than the actual toy. I've got the Saga one on my desk, no yellow at all in the vest.I have mine right here, and while it isn't as yellow as that one looks, it certainly doesn't look brown at all.

You are nitpicking the amount of brown in a figure's vest? This isn't Han Hoth's coat being blue or brown, it's the minorest of color variations, a difference of 2 degrees of warmth. And keep in mind that your TV settings may not be truly representing what the movie shows, the source material for photographs doesn't either since it's sometimes under odd lighting.Yeah, normally I don't nitpick much because I usually don't notice the details. In this case, it is sort of the same thing. I always thought it was browner than it is. The vintage figure had a definite brown vest, but vintage figures weren't known for accuracy. The Action Figure Archive has a picture next to it of a couple guys in that outfit, and the vest is much lighter, but it still looks brownish. I just watched the Hoth scenes again, and now a lot of those don't look very brown at all, so maybe it is the lighting.

Also, in The Action Figure Archive next to the POTF2 Hoth Luke figure is a reference shot where Luke's vest looks very brown. Some of that appears to be due to the lighting, since his face looks kind of reddish, but it doesn't look anything like the Saga figure. At least the Saga figure is sort of beige-ish, while the POTF2 figure has more of a gray color to it.

Also, while it is not a representation of what was actually on screen, the artwork on the ESB disc shows Luke on a tauntaun, and his vest looks very brown.

So, whatever the proper vest color, there hasn't been a remake of this vintage figure, and I think he would look different than the Luke Hoth figure. There would be differences other than the vest.

Yes, they have an excuse though, they're in the process of being dead. Mace just stands and watches, despite all his mighty Jedi powers.That's because the other three are blocking his way a bit. Mace is on point when they walk in. When they ignite their sabers, the other three move forward. When Palpatine leaps foward, they all pull back in a defensive posture. Then Agen Kolar just stands there as Palpatine runs him through. Saesee Tiin is just standing there too, and then Palpatine turns and takes him out as well.

El Chuxter
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Actually, JT, it could've been easy to write their downfall if they were badarse warrior monks, but their role in the Clone Wars caused them to become overconfident.

And even official sources say those four were the best of the best aside from the three survivors, JJL.

Droid
09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
And even official sources say those four were the best of the best aside from the three survivors, JJL.

That's one of the things that bothers me about the prequels. Superman Obi-wan. I think that the original trilogy led us to believe Obi-wan was just another Jedi, a Jedi Knight, and not even a Master. He was supposed to have been not as good a teacher as Yoda and his mistakes and failures caused the galaxy a lot of trouble. Yet in the prequels Obi-wan was among the greatest Jedi and he had no flaws of any kind.

Darth Jax
09-02-2009, 10:30 PM
That's one of the things that bothers me about the prequels. Superman Obi-wan. I think that the original trilogy led us to believe Obi-wan was just another Jedi, a Jedi Knight, and not even a Master. He was supposed to have been not as good a teacher as Yoda and his mistakes and failures caused the galaxy a lot of trouble. Yet in the prequels Obi-wan was among the greatest Jedi and he had no flaws of any kind.

he wasn't qui gon

Droid
09-03-2009, 09:45 AM
he wasn't qui gon

Qui-Gon shouldn't have existed. Everything that Obi-wan was supposed to do in the back story either happened off screen or was given to another character to do. The only point to Qui-Gon would have been to have a spirit ghost in the last two films of the trilogy and we didn't get that. It's like Liam Neeson wouldn't do what was intended for his role in the trilogy or something.

Ando
09-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I think that the original trilogy led us to believe Obi-wan was just another Jedi, a Jedi Knight, and not even a Master. He was supposed to have been not as good a teacher as Yoda and his mistakes and failures caused the galaxy a lot of trouble. Yet in the prequels Obi-wan was among the greatest Jedi and he had no flaws of any kind.

He was addressed by Princess Leia in the hologram embedded in R2 as "GENERAL" Kenobi. *I* was *NEVER* led to believe he was just another Jedi Knight.

And even though most/all Jedi were de facto Generals (or Commanders if you were a Padawan), General Kenobi survived his fight with Anakin/Vader and the Jedi Purge and lived 19 years past Order 66, to bring Luke up to speed and hand over the "family business" as it were to Anakin's son.

As for the good teacher/bad teacher thing, hey, some people do and some people teach.

El Chuxter
09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I always assumed he was a Knight in the Jedi Order, and a General in the Republic. Note he refers to himself quite often as a Knight, but never once as a Master. Yoda is the only Master in the OT.

Qui-Gon is a real paradox. On the one hand, he should never have been in TPM. On the other, he's one of the few real saving graces of the PT. Had he appeared for one split second as a ghost at the end of ROTS, it would've almost saved the movie in that split second. I'm not saying that because I dig Qui-Gon, but because, otherwise, Obi-Wan and Yoda look like twits who believe in ghosts. Obi-Wan seems awfully quick to become excited when this tottering old fart tells him Qui-Gon will be training him, despite having been dead for years.

Droid
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Qui-Gon is a real paradox. On the one hand, he should never have been in TPM. On the other, he's one of the few real saving graces of the PT. Had he appeared for one split second as a ghost at the end of ROTS, it would've almost saved the movie in that split second. I'm not saying that because I dig Qui-Gon, but because, otherwise, Obi-Wan and Yoda look like twits who believe in ghosts. Obi-Wan seems awfully quick to become excited when this tottering old fart tells him Qui-Gon will be training him, despite having been dead for years.

That whole dialogue between Yoda and Obi-wan in ROTS just played so hollow to me. It was a bunch of exposition built in for the fans to try and make sense of a mess that never needed to be made in the first place. We all grew up thinking Jedi became ghosts when they died and here Lucas had to make this whole confusing mess out of it. I still believe that the vast majority of the viewing audience had no idea what or who Yoda and Obi-wan were talking about.

Droid
09-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Qui-Gon is a real paradox. On the one hand, he should never have been in TPM. On the other, he's one of the few real saving graces of the PT.

I guess I don't understand why Lucas chose to make the decisions he did. We all expected to see a bunch of Jedi in the prequels. So have one named Qui-Gon Jinn and have him played by Liam Neeson. He didn't have to be Obi-wan's teacher or discover Anakin or try to train Anakin. That was all completely unnecessary and turned Obi-wan into furniture in Episode I. Qui-Gon could have just been one of the Jedi we met in the new trilogy.

I was thinking the other day how astounding it was that there was not ONE scene in the prequel trilogy where we saw Anakin discovering the power of the force and learning to use it. There was not one scene displaying Obi-wan as a teacher. We weren't able to contrast Anakin as a student and Luke as a student. We weren't able to contrast young Obi-wan and Empire Yoda as a teacher. Instead of Anakin being tempting by the possible greater power of the Dark Side which is quicker and easier than mastering the "light" side of the Force, we saw Anakin portrayed as the most gifted Jedi anyone had ever seen, mastering the good side of the Force with ease and no effort. So to have him seduced by the Power of the Dark Side they had to come up with all of that power to stop death nonsense. The only Obi-wan teacher we ever got was a crabby nag after his student's lessons were done and his student had already become a gifted Jedi.

The story discussed in the original trilogy is beautiful in its simplicity. The prequels were a jumbled mess and in so being told a totally different story than we were promised.

Ando
09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
That whole dialogue between Yoda and Obi-wan in ROTS just played so hollow to me. It was a bunch of exposition built in for the fans to try and make sense of a mess that never needed to be made in the first place. We all grew up thinking Jedi became ghosts when they died and here Lucas had to make this whole confusing mess out of it. I still believe that the vast majority of the viewing audience had no idea what or who Yoda and Obi-wan were talking about.

It made more sense in the novelization where Yoda communicates with QGJ. Not sure why it got cut from the film.

El Chuxter
09-03-2009, 01:05 PM
All three prequel novels are better than the films, since they were written by three talented writers who had respect for the material and fans.

Droid
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
All three prequel novels are better than the films, since they were written by three talented writers who had respect for the material and fans.

Yes, but all three novels are still based on extremely flawed storylines.

El Chuxter
09-03-2009, 02:05 PM
A flawed storyline can be covered up with excellent writing. Bad writing can ruin even the best storyline.

Qui-Long Gone
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Good writing always covers sins...most every story line is goofy at some point....

IG 8D8
09-29-2009, 01:37 AM
the prequels were better than the o.t. to me. We finally got to see more than 2 jedi at one time, and action that the o.t. could never hope to come close to. The story is important to me but I am more interested in the visual aspect of it all.

bigbarada
09-29-2009, 01:51 AM
the prequels were better than the o.t. to me. We finally got to see more than 2 jedi at one time, and action that the o.t. could never hope to come close to. The story is important to me but I am more interested in the visual aspect of it all.

Fair enough, but are the Prequels still going to be visually impressive 20-30 years from now? If not, then do they have the story and character development necessary to still make them compelling movies? I would argue that they don't.

I'm a character-centric person when it comes to movies; story/plotline comes second, then production design, then special effects/visuals.

Of those, then I would say that ESB has the best character development of all the films. ANH has the best overall story and ROTJ definitely has the best production design (which is why I want action figures from ROTJ more than any other film).

The prequels might have the best special effects, but I believe they are severely lacking in the other three areas. One-dimensional/cardboard characters, convoluted/incoherent plot and production design that is still a few notches below what was created for ROTJ.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I've crossed off the ones that I believe have been done or are on the way. Any that I've missed? Doesn't seem to be too many done.

SSG created 2 different kinds of Fans Choice Polls, and now you can discuss the results of them here.

1. Cliegg Lars
2. Dr. Evazan
3. Bom Vimdin
4. Jocasta Nu
5. Sim Aloo
6. Pellaeon
7. Tey How
8. Toryn Farr
9. Anakin Solo
10. Nom Anor (New Jedi Order)
11. Queen Jamillia
12. Ben Quadinaros
13. Cane Adiss
14. Guri
15. Tzizvvt
16. Queen Apailana
17. Sgt. Doallyn
18. Teek
19. Kithaba
20. Taym Dren-Garen
21. Dormé
22. Kitster
23. Joruus C'baoth
24. Mosep
25. Lumat, vintage Ewok
26. Wald
27. Cordé
28. Fozec
29. Jess
30. Weequay

1. Jocasta Nu
2. Cliegg Lars
3. Guri
4. Tey How
5. Bom Vimdin
6. Ben Quadinaros
7. Dr. Evazan
8. Nom Anor
9. Mosep Binneed
10. Taym Dren-Garen
11. Cane Adiss
12. Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
13. Reegesk
14. Jaxxon
15. Sgt. Doallyn
16. Sim Aloo
17. Anakin Solo
18. Queen Apailana (ROTS)
19. Tzizvvt
20. Bastila Shan
21. Kithaba
22. Pellaeon
23. Noghri
24. Dash Rendar
25. Leebo
26. Weequay Skiff Master
27. Darth Plagueis
28. Mawhonic
29. Barriss Offee
30. Teek

And of those 2 lists, there are 20 figures common to both:

Jocasta Nu
Cliegg Lars
Guri
Tey How
Bom Vimdin
Ben Quadinaros
Dr. Evazan
Nom Anor
Mosep Binneed
Taym Dren-Garen
Cane Adiss
Queen Jamillia (AOTC)
Sgt. Doallyn
Sim Aloo
Anakin Solo
Queen Apailana (ROTS)
Tzizvvt
Kithaba
Pellaeon
Teek

So, there you have it. The lists we'll be sending to Hasbro, and the commonalities between them. Discuss!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
You forgot Teek!!! :shocked: