PDA

View Full Version : Girl Chases Me Around My Sporting Goods Store With A Baseball

Tycho
08-23-2009, 04:42 AM
My salesgirl chased me around the sporting goods store trying to tag me out! Haha. Today I realized my old baseball cleats were falling apart, so I had to go to two different stores to find my size. When I did, this girl working at the store asks me if she could help and if I liked those shoes. I said I really needed to run in them and she grabbed a baseball and said, "You better run now!"

I took off and started on a lap around the middle section of Sports Authority (where the men's and women's clothing is). I'm yelling behind me, "You can't tag me out!"

Then the manager comes out of his back office and asks, "What's going on out here?!"

Then he pauses as recognition crosses his face: "JOSH?! Is that you?"

Mike was the toy department manager at my Wal-Mart before he was offered the store manager position at Sports Authority.

We caught up on everything that's been going on since the days when I and my little brother used to get our Star Wars toys from Mike in the mornings.

I had my camera on me so I could show him my pictures of Mark Hamill and me, BumbleBee, my exploits playing baseball (thus far after only 1 game), and so on.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Heck, I just thought your sporting goods store had a baseball, and figured that's not unusual. Watch those misplaced modifiers, everyone. :pleased:

But your scenario could lead to a new ad campaign: "Buy our stuff, or a big burly dude will touch you with various sports equipment. Buy more stuff, and it'll be a cute girl instead. Remember, that's Win or Lose Sport Store, at the corner of Gotcha Blvd. and O'Mie Rte."

Qui-Long Gone
08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Thank god Tyocho wasn't chased by Terry Tate, office linebacker!!!!!!!

JediTricks
08-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I bought a massive bag reminiscent of a gym bag at that store back in '07 to hold all the swag I got at SDCC that year. They have a lot of different bags, but only a few that were so massive, luckily they weren't too expensive. I ended up having to carry 2 of those bags and throw them up the stairs on the train the next day. Nobody chased me though.

Tycho
08-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Actually, I had to go to a different Sports Authority, JT. That one didn't have the right size cleats and they called around and I found them at another store in that chain.

I batted 2 for 4 again today, still holding my own at a .500 average! Wow. I didn't expect that. I also flew out and grounded out, but they labeled one a sacrafice and I got an RBI for that. I scored myself off one of my singles, but through a pinch-runner. About the 6th inning, I'd strained my muscles in both quads and my right calf and I couldn't run anymore. I did stretch before my game, but I need to be stretching every day now that I'm back in season.

I made no errors in the field today and I played like almost every position: starting at 3rd base actually, then moving to 2nd, my regular position. Going back to leftfield to cover a powerswinger (he didn't hit in my direction though), and finally when my legs hurt, I played catcher for the very first time in the entire history of my baseball / softball career. But I should post this in my baseball thread I started.