PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Invasion: Yuuzhan Vong, Luke, Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, Kyp Durron more!

Tycho
08-23-2009, 12:30 PM
This series is on fire by only the 2nd issue!

Lowbacca had a role (much more than 1 frame) training with Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin Solo and newcomer Finn Garrifidan (spelling).

They are being trained by Master Luke Skywalker to prepare them to take them into war against the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Meanwhile, Finn's mother and sister are held prisoner and tortured by the Yuuzhan Vong along with other captives from their home planet, while their father remains behind with the local resistance, fighting an uphill battle against the invaders while they destroy and reform the very planet the forces for freedom fight to defend.

I think Issue #2 will make an excellent pack-in for the first figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo, as I really care for the way they are drawn. This is going to be a great series.

The one I was always waiting for!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Tycho, is this series a comic version of the NJO, or does it just fill in blanks that the novels didn't mention?

OC47150
08-23-2009, 04:45 PM
I need to track down #1.

pbarnard
08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
IT's a gap series. Its supposed to highlight other Jedi and stories of the NJO, sort of like the short story Emissaries of the Void, and the one issue of Star Wars Tales that inspired the "wrong" Yuuzhan Vong warrior coming with Kyle Katarn.

Robimus
09-13-2009, 08:38 PM
This series is leaving me flat thus far. I hope it will interest me a bit more in the future. Finn is just kinda boring.

Tycho
09-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Luke Skywalker as a Jedi Master seems to be playing a major role in this comic series. I'm loving it - seeing Luke so powerful and a fully-realized Jedi.

Tycho
07-01-2010, 06:02 AM
The latest issues were awesome! It was great to see those outer-space bugs that could eat starships.

The artists did a good job interpretting them.

Jacen Solo looks like his action figure.

I've never seen Jaina wearing Adi Gallia's clothes ;) (like her action figure)

dr_evazan22
07-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I'd been getting new SW comics from TFAW for about the last 9-12 months and just didn't open them (preferring to read a long story as opposed to a couple shorter ones). So I opened them up a week or so ago. So for, for me, the best thing about Invasion was seeing a letter in the letter column from our very own Tycho. I thought that was really cool. Way to go! I applaud your enthusiasm, but I think the writing so far just isn't that great, marginal. I don't think there's enough depth and dimension to the characters and events. Now, the Blue Harvest story, over in Dark Times, that's just the opposite for me - luvn it!

Tycho
10-16-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm still very much liking this comic series. The latest issue was great and had some interesting details to the story with step-parents and so forth.

So who is Force-Sensitive? And if Finn's mom is not his real mom, how are they both Force-Sensitive (if she is at all)?

Also, if Finn is - is his sister?