PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious B*******

OC47150
08-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Anyone else catch it this weekend?

This was the movie I'd been waiting to see for some time. I enjoyed it, and want to see it again in a few weeks, but I expected a little more. A little more action. Don't get me wrong, the action sequences were good, but there could've been a couple more.

There was the trademark Tarantino talking scenes that could've been trimmed down.

I did laugh several times, especially at Pitt's mastery of the I-talian language.

The German actor who played Landa was great. Fascinating and terrifying at the same time.

I read where some background to one of the characters were cut from the film's final version. I hope it gets to the DVD.

Jayspawn
09-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I enjoyed the movie very much. Its still holding strong at t he box office too. It has some very quiet, but intense scenes and some great action. I loved Pitt's Lt. Aldo Raine. Hysterical!

preacher
09-12-2009, 08:59 AM
I saw this last night. Entertaining flick. But it was the same ol' revenge type plot. The Ba$terds took a back seat to the overall plot of the story. This surprised me. I expected, from all the teasers and trailers on this movie, that Brad Pitt would have been more center stage. Such was not the case. In the second chapter Pitt's character, Arlo, boasts excessively how he will disembowell, dismember, and disfigure the Nazi. This simply did not happen. Sure there were a couple of instances, but it was far from the full on slaughter that was promised.

Instead, the whole plot seemed to revolve around a Jewish woman's vengeful spirit and a deep-seated desire to destroy as many Nazis as possible. I won't get into the details how she plans this.

My favorite character in the show is an SS agent named Latta(?) played very effectively by Christopher Waltz. He had a sleezy charm that beliled his ferocity. This is clearly the favorite character of Tarantino as well as he allows this character to bloviate constantly.

The film gets bogged down in minutae constantly. There are five chapters to the tale altogether; each clocks in at just about 30 minutes. Ten minutes could've been cut from each chapter, eliminating a lot of fluff, such as a drinking game that happens in Chapter IV and disturbs the pacing of the story. Chapter I has the SS agent drone on and on about comparisons to Jews and rodents.

Its a slow movie. Not a lot of action, at least not to the level of Kill Bill. Deaths of main characters are unexpected but typical of Tarantino's style. It could've been better had the final cut been tighter and not so bogged down in irrelevent details.