PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: In Concert

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2009, 09:28 PM
You've all heard about this (http://starwarsinconcert.com/) by now, of course. Is anyone going? They're doing two shows in Denver on October 16, even though it's not listed on the official site. I didn't even know about it until today, when I stumbled across a mention online and in The Onion from a few days ago; I told my parents and my mom sounded excited but my dad acted like he'd have to look into it. Turns out, he got tickets almost a week ago. :p :D The show is gonna be just a few minutes away from my dorm. I'm damn excited!

sonofsokol
08-24-2009, 10:46 PM
I bought tickets for the Salt Lake City Show a few days ago. You could buy them early if you used an American Express credit card. I went to a Lord of the Rings concert/show that looks similar to this. They had a choir and orchestra playing/singing music from the score and showed movie clips and concept art on a big screen. People came dressed up and it was a ton of fun. This ought to be even better.

Rocketboy
08-25-2009, 01:29 AM
It'd be nice if it traveled some besides the west coast.

El Chuxter
08-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Orchestra playing concert arrangements of the soundtrack while a screen shows video clips. They said that's not what it would be, but showed a video and that was exactly what it was. If it were actually John Williams conducting, I'd consider going. As it is, $100 per ticket is way, way, way, way, way, way too much. As many times as I saw the movies in theaters, I didn't pay that much for all of them combined.

Even though my daughter is in an "I love Star Wars music" phase, it's a whole lot cheaper to just play the soundtracks, or pop in the Correllian Edition DVD.

JimJamBonds
08-25-2009, 05:30 PM
I heard there is a conflict with the Denver show and a Nuggets game, I wonder how that is going to turn out??? :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
It'd be nice if it traveled some besides the west coast.
It's slowly but surely making its way east . . . they keep updating the site with more dates.

Orchestra playing concert arrangements of the soundtrack while a screen shows video clips. They said that's not what it would be, but showed a video and that was exactly what it was. If it were actually John Williams conducting, I'd consider going. As it is, $100 per ticket is way, way, way, way, way, way too much. As many times as I saw the movies in theaters, I didn't pay that much for all of them combined.

Even though my daughter is in an "I love Star Wars music" phase, it's a whole lot cheaper to just play the soundtracks, or pop in the Correllian Edition DVD.
At the Denver show, the tickets are $31, $51, or $71. Is it different for you out there?

I heard there is a conflict with the Denver show and a Nuggets game, I wonder how that is going to turn out??? :D
That better not be true or I'll beat someone's ***.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I heard there is a conflict with the Denver show and a Nuggets game, I wonder how that is going to turn out??? :DWhat is it with the Pepsi Center and scheduling conflicts? Remember the WWE/NBA Playoffs goof earlier this year?

BTW, there's already a thread about this in the SW Conventions section (but I suppose maybe it's better to be in Music instead).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2009, 08:49 PM
What is it with the Pepsi Center and scheduling conflicts? Remember the WWE/NBA Playoffs goof earlier this year?

BTW, there's already a thread about this in the SW Conventions section (but I suppose maybe it's better to be in Music instead).
I'm going to assume he's joking, since they're selling tickets for Denver and it showed up on the official site today; the Nuggets are seemingly scheduled for the following Wednesday, but not that night.

I didn't see the other thread but perhaps I should have looked. Mine has the more official title, so I like it better. :D

El Chuxter
08-25-2009, 09:38 PM
$85 per ticket. $13 Ticketmaster charge. $2.50 for the "convenience" of printing your own ticket (as opposed to paying much more to have them mailed; will-call didn't appear to be an option).

So I actually lowballed it by fifty cents. Yeah, that's a bit steep.

JimJamBonds
08-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm going to assume he's joking...

You assume correctly. lol

Mad Slanted Powers
08-26-2009, 01:28 AM
I think the prices for the Seattle show are similar to Denver's, but I don't want to drive to Seattle at night during the week.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I didn't see the other thread but perhaps I should have looked. Mine has the more official title, so I like it better. :DBecause I abrv'd the phrase as "SW" that makes it unofficial? :rolleyes: