PDA

View Full Version : Batman III

preacher
08-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Might as well start a thread for the next Nolan Batman flick.

Was just reported by Sun magazine that Megan Fox will star in it as Catwoman. I think she would be a fine-looking Catwoman - a bit nervous about her acting chops. During District 9 they showed a trailer where she is starring in some kind of vampire movie. She seemed to play the evil part quite well. Sitting on the fence with this choice.

pbarnard
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Could be a red herring character/plot thread. Yes she is Catwoman, but such a small part that it's irrelevant to the overall movie.

LTBasker
08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
I've heard that Eddie Murphy will play the Riddler and Miley Cyrus will play Batgirl. ;)

Care to link where you saw that mentioned about Megan Fox? I highly doubt anybody but those that might already be under contract has been cast, considering Nolan is currently filming "Inception."

DarkArtist
08-26-2009, 11:21 AM
in Lee's toy Review they mention that Johnny Depp is interested to play the Riddler for the flick since he was a huge Frank Gorshin fan of the original Riddler from the 60's. they state that no script or story has been penned as of yet though.

Megan Fox as Catwoman in skin tight PVC Vinyl....... sign me up !!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Considering that:

A. there isn't a script for a third film
B. Nolan hasn't signed on for a new flick (and WB would be jackasses to not bring him back)

i'm taking all casting rumors with a grain of salt. And Megan Fox would be AWFUL for Catwoman.

LTBasker
08-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Found the article...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2606745/Megan-Fox-has-signed-up-to-play-Catwoman-in-the-next-Batman-movie.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Bizarre

They don't offer up any proof, they simply say that she has signed on. 100% sure it's a steaming pile of bull purge - especially with their shoddy release estimate. The Dark Knight was officially announced in '06, and released in '08... But they're estimating that the next one would start filming next year, and be released the following year? Maybe if it were a direct-to-dvd movie...

El Chuxter
08-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Megan Fox is awful as anything. She may be good-looking, but there are a million women in Hollywood who look as good or better and have some acting ability.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Isn't The Sun known for not being particularly reliable? I thought it was mostly a gossip rag, good only for its famous third page.

Qui-Long Gone
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Megan Fox would be to Batman 3 what Katie Holms was to Begins...a blemish on perfection....

I think Lena Headey (300 $ex goddess and Sarah Connor Chronicles MILF of the century) would be a far superior Catwoman to vacant-gaze Fox....good looks and acting to boot! Win-Win!

Qui-Long Gone
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I forgot hard evidence for my Headey case! See attached for proof. :love:

Qui-Long Gone
08-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Shoot...forgot to attach....FAIL...

preacher
08-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Been following this. Seems the Fox as Catwoman is buzzing in hollywood, but nothing official. Everything that I've read in numerous articles where this rumor is discussed points to Rachel Weisz (Mummy, Mummy Returns, Constant Gardener) is the preferred choice by WB for a much more serious minded Catwoman. Given how dark Nolan's flicks have been a serious cast selection would be better. The queen from 300 would be good too though.

I think what I'm going to take from all the buzz is that Catwoman IS going to be in the next one. And if you think about it, thematically, this makes since if you consider the events leading to the finale in TDK. After the love his life has died, and everyone in Gotham has turned against him, Batman needs to be reminded his sacrifice is noble and necessary. I can think of no better way to do this than to have him in emotional conflict. Not wanting to trust anyone for fear of being lynched but needing love to ground him so that his emotional state doesn't spiral. And since he can't trust anyone anymore it is reasonable see why he would find companionship as Batman in the criminal world.

Guess we'll see.

sith_killer_99
08-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Megan Fox is awful as anything.

I hear she's pretty good at washing Michael Bays' Ferrari!:laugh:

I'm sure she would also be good as my......

Anyway, I am hoping they don't go with Catwoman, I would prefer to see other female characters, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, etc.

Harley Quinn = Kristen Bell
Poison Ivy = Nikki Cox

Rocketboy
08-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Harley Quinn = Kristen BellThank God someone else thinks that also! I think she'd be absolutely perfect.

I almost wish they'd have introduced her in TDK, maybe in a credit/post credit scene. I picture a woman walking the halls of Arkham, reading a file. She stops at a guarded cell. The door is opened to reveal a straitjacket clad Joker sitting on the floor in the corner. The woman introduces herself as Dr. Quinzel and she asks Joker if he wants to talk. Joker smiles. Fade out.
Then in Batman 3, Harley is the/one of the main villains, with Joker pulling the strings from Arkham.

LTBasker
09-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Personally I hope they don't try to do Harley as a villain without the Joker, the thought gives me bad memories of WB's horrible "Birds of Prey."

sith_killer_99
09-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Harley and Ivy are a pretty good team up, in the absence of the Joker, IMO. I'm just not sure people would be ready to accept someone else in the role so soon, but then didn't think anyone could beat Jack's portrayal either, and I was wrong.

Rocketboy
09-01-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't think they need to show Joker much if they decide to use him again, especially if he's pulling Harley's strings from inside Arkham.

JimJamBonds
09-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Poison Ivy = Nikki Cox

Nikki Cox.... that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.... a long time.....

sith_killer_99
09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Nikki Cox.... that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.... a long time.....

^ Yeah, I just looked up some more recent images.....never mind.:(

Qui-Long Gone
09-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Christina Hendricks from Mad Men for Ivy :love:

JimJamBonds
09-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I do like the idea of Kristen Bell playing Harley.

Qui-Long Gone
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
^I'm not a big Bell fan...mehh...based on her Heroes performance, she would certainly have the chops to play a heartless crook with a side of sarcasm!

Darth Metalmute
09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
It depends on which Quinn they go for, if you go for a blonde whos funny, I would go with Elizabeth Banks. But if your going for the darker tone, which Nolan's Batman is, Hillary Swank would be perfect.

Rocketboy
09-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Christina Hendricks from Mad Men for Ivy :love:Oh hells yes!

JimJamBonds
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
It depends on which Quinn they go for, if you go for a blonde whos funny, I would go with Elizabeth Banks. But if your going for the darker tone, which Nolan's Batman is, Hillary Swank would be perfect.

I'm getting kinda sick of Elizabeth Banks, she keeps popping up everywhere. While not a bad thing in and of itself and good for her to keep busy working personally I've gotten sick of her.

sith_killer_99
09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Christina Hendricks from Mad Men for Ivy :love:

+1 She looks perfect for the part!:thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
09-03-2009, 02:13 PM
She looks perfect for any part and both parts of her look perfect....:love:

2-1B
09-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Katie Holmes should play Harley Quinn.