PDA

View Full Version : Wave 8 - The Phantom Menace

Obsession is Nute
08-26-2009, 11:22 PM
I wanted to get this thread started. I am looking forward to this wave, hoping it will be the first of many in the coming months. The shelves in my area CONTINUE to be either barren or filled with Clone Wars crap. Fortunately. the new packaging has shown up. Hopefully, the new Legacy waves will not be far behind.

Also looking forward to the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid!

Blue2th
08-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Me too!
Looking forward to Sidious on Mechno Chair, as he's a Micro Series crossover figure also.
You might be able to put Nute on that walking chair huh? Bet you already thought of that. :)

No official high rez pics yet huh? Probably soon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Me too!
Looking forward to Sidious on Mechno Chair, as he's a Micro Series crossover figure also.
You might be able to put Nute on that walking chair huh? Bet you already thought of that. :)

No official high rez pics yet huh? Probably soon.
They had hi-rez pics months ago. I'm not going to link to them since you should have been more diligent. :p

Blue2th
08-27-2009, 01:39 AM
They had hi-rez pics months ago. I'm not going to link to them since you should have been more diligent. :p

Yeah Nute ;)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=2152

Almost forgot about L8-L9. The only Micro Series figure this year, unless you count Sidious which I am, so that's two.

Thanks Hasbro for the meager crumbs. :whip:

Qui-Long Gone
08-27-2009, 02:01 AM
I'll get Obi Wan, but what's the deal with his creepy padawan locks pouring out of his ear?

I wish this line offered variations on the Gungan just like they did with the Imperial officers or Hoth rebels...

vger
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
I'll get Obi Wan, but what's the deal with his creepy padawan locks pouring out of his ear?

I wish this line offered variations on the Gungan just like they did with the Imperial officers or Hoth rebels...

I haven't watched TPM in a while but I don't remember much variation in the Gungan warriors. Did some have whiskers like Captain Tarpals or different armor?

On that note, I would like to see a superarticulated Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals and a new Boss Nass soon. Do you guys want to see them too?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm fairly sure all the Gungan warriors used the same model. There were fatter or shorter ones elsewhere, like at the sacred place, and some had tied back their ears, or whatever. I guess the only real variant you could do for the Gungan warrior would be to include different accessories, but pretty much all of the battle ones have been made by now.

I like the POTJ Boss Nass just fine; he doesn't need to be able to do all sorts of action poses. I can take or leave Tarpals, but I do want a new Jar Jar.

Obsession is Nute
08-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Worry not gentleman, I saw the pics some time ago, it seems.

The only one that excites me is Mecho-Chair Sidious, but he really does excite me! Of the seven or so figures that I am really looking forward to, I would say that Sidious is my #1 for the year.

Am I the only one that feels like something is really off with the Holdfast figure? Not what I remember seeing from the Phantom Menace. Maybe I need to pop the DVD in again?

I hope people will start posting when they see this wave in stores. I am going to hold off on trips to my local retailers until I do.

I heard about the big Clone Wars displays at Toys R Us, today. I called and it was confirmed to be at my local store. I was extremely excited, hoping tons of new stuff was in. I got there and it was JUNK! No 3 3/4 inch figures or regular vehicles. No new comic packs. Just lightsabers and other minor liscensed stuff that I have zero interest in. So if anyone else heard about these displays, I would call your Toys R Us before you waste precious time looking for stuff they don't have. That is for those of you who still do the retail hunt.

Old Fossil
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Did some have whiskers like Captain Tarpals

I believe the word needed here is barbels.

Blue2th
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Tarpals barbels ?

That's a tongue twisthter. :laugh:

GrievousisOverlord
08-30-2009, 02:37 PM
yah I do agree the clone wars is crap:tired: and hasbro even said that the clone wars was going to last longer than the legacy collection.
Also hasbro needs to make figures of every character they have never made a figure of:grin:

Darth Jax
08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
I believe the word needed here is barbels.

not to be confused with barabels

Obsession is Nute
08-30-2009, 10:05 PM
yah I do agree the clone wars is crap:tired: and hasbro even said that the clone wars was going to last longer than the legacy collection.
Also hasbro needs to make figures of every character they have never made a figure of:grin:

Do you mean Legacy as in the title "Legacy Line" or are you saying Legacy as in "The Primary Line of Figures since Power of the Force II, whatever name it may be"? I sincerely hope you do not mean the later.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Do you mean Legacy as in the title "Legacy Line" or are you saying Legacy as in "The Primary Line of Figures since Power of the Force II, whatever name it may be"? I sincerely hope you do not mean the later.
I think he thinks he means the latter, but he actually just means the former. They'll be making realistic movie figures at least until 2018.

Obsession is Nute
09-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I think he thinks he means the latter, but he actually just means the former. They'll be making realistic movie figures at least until 2018.

I am much relieved by that! Although, with the way the shelves look in my City, it feels like the Main Line died last December. TPM wave won't get here soon enough!

El Chuxter
09-08-2009, 12:33 PM
I found the entire wave in a Wal-Mart in a pretty cruddy neighborhood. No real Star Wars toys in the immediate area, just that knockoff Clone Wars stuff. :p There was one Amidala, one Rum Sleg, one Chippendales Maul :rolleyes:, and two of everyone else. They all look nice in the package, though I've not had space to open them yet, and I'm glad to have more figures from the good prequel as well as what might be the last Tartakovsky CW figure.

Blue2th
09-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I found the Gungan, Obi-Wan, Amidala, and Sidious at Walmart today.
Searched other Walmarts, no Rum or Clegg.
Glad to get two CW1 figures in there when I can complete the wave and get L8-L9 as well. I like the looks of this wave so far.

DarkArtist
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
found Rum Slegg, Darth Sidious and Queen Amidala today in Walmart...passed on Maul, Obi Wan and Cliegg for now. no sign of the Gungan Warrior though. also started to see the new figures being re-issued already on the new cards aka Han and Luke Stormtroopers, Space Trooper etc. they were an easy pass for me at this time.

Old Fossil
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Rum Slegg looks good. May pick him up for my Mos Eisley mini-diorama.

figrin bran
09-09-2009, 12:46 AM
I found the Gungan Warrior today. I never thought I'd want to buy multiples of a Gungan character but I'd like at least one more of these guys.

vger
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I found the Gungan Warrior today. I never thought I'd want to buy multiples of a Gungan character but I'd like at least one more of these guys.

The photos I've seen of the Gungan Warrior make his legs look too far apart. Is this distracting on the figure when you have it in hand?

elvandrik
09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I bought one yesterday and they looked fine. Overall, I was pretty impressed at the quality of the figure. I brought it home and immediately placed it in my "Battle of Naboo" diorama and I was very pleased with how it looked. The curves on the horn are fantastic.

Blue2th
09-09-2009, 10:10 AM
He's going to look ok next to the POTJ and others like Tarpals and Jar Jar, Famba, with Boss Nass in the rear giving orders.

Plus he'll be able to be posed in an action pose, to look different from the others. Maybe take the trumpets and put it on one of the POTJ Gungans, since they're limited in pose, and make the new one in attack pose. I'm definitely getting one or two more for my Naboo battle diorama.

Blue2th
09-09-2009, 10:18 AM
This was my old diorama that I took down.

Next time I put it up I'm going to get some green and light blue colored construction paper and make a background. Maybe get a bigger shelf, or at least make more room for more Gungans by putting the Naboo soldiers and Jedi in another scene.

The white doesn't look good unless it's the Hoth scene.

JEDIpartner
09-10-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm still waiting for these to ship to me!!!!

GeonosisJedi
09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm still waiting for these to ship to me!!!!

As am I...hopefully they'll arrive soon, I am really looking foward to this great prequel wave.

Im really excited about every figure...that usually never happens!

I can't wait to FINALLY get a DEFINATIVE TPM Obi-Wan!!

Devo
09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't call this new TPM Obi-wan 'definitive'. I've yet to get it in hand but from all too many of the pics I've seen he looks short and fat, the ankle joints have issues, the ball-joint head looks awkward, the neck is a stick, the pants are the wrong colour, the softgoods part of the tunic is tan and the plastic parts are white - WTF? Maybe I'm quite picky, but so many other collectors are the other way, just not picky enough that Hasbro gets away with obvious mistakes and costcutting.

Anyway, BBTS just got this wave in stock, so I should have it soon. The other figures look great as usual. Its always the core characters they slip up on.

Obsession is Nute
09-13-2009, 11:11 PM
I am determined to buy these in-store, even if I have to wait until November to get them! I would like to buy just one Legacy wave in stores, this year.

FundingMyAddiction
09-14-2009, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't call this new TPM Obi-wan 'definitive'. I've yet to get it in hand but from all too many of the pics I've seen he looks short and fat, the ankle joints have issues, the ball-joint head looks awkward, the neck is a stick, the pants are the wrong colour, the softgoods part of the tunic is tan and the plastic parts are white - WTF? Maybe I'm quite picky, but so many other collectors are the other way, just not picky enough that Hasbro gets away with obvious mistakes and costcutting.

Anyway, BBTS just got this wave in stock, so I should have it soon. The other figures look great as usual. Its always the core characters they slip up on.

Obi-Wan is the only one I've been able to find in stores from this wave so far. Every Wal-Mart that has had this wave I've gotten to only after everybody has picked through all of the new figures.

The figure doesn't really look short and fat. The ankle joints do have issues, the sculpt on the head and the padawan braid is ridiculously bad, and the neck is a stick. He's apparently part giraffe. I have no idea what color the pants are supposed to be (as compared to gray) and the soft goods are a different color than the plastic. So every concern you have is legitimate with figure in hand. I'm not overly picky so I don't mind most of that, but the fact that his padawan braid is hovering over his chest and his neck is so long do bother me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2009, 06:23 PM
I got the entire wave today at a Target and saw most of it at another one.

Obi-Wan is quite nice. His right elbow's movement is somewhat constricted, so he can barely do a two-handed saber pose. His neck is a bit skinny, but he's good otherwise.

The Gungan is a standout figure - it's just really great. I can live with the somewhat harsh paint lines between the dark and light parts on his face and arms, and the lack of detailed deco on the same (but it seems like the background Gungans were less detailed than Jar Jar anyway), since it's so badass otherwise. He can hold the horn like in the film and it looks awesome. The boomer looks really cool and different too.

Darth Sidious is nice but seems a little cheap. Dunno what else they could have put in there, but it feels more like an accessory than an actual figure. Everything that's here is pretty nice, though.

Rum Sleg is another great one. The head without the helmet looks really cool. The card says he's a bounty hunter since, well, everyone is. :p It's always fun when Hasbro makes an unexpected figure and knocks it out of the park.

Clegg Holdfast gets the job done. He looks like a speckled Easter egg. Maybe he could have included a pit droid, but it's good to have another podracer.

Queen Amidala is kind of good, but kind of disappointing. Why in the hell is her face flesh colored? It should have been white. That's my main gripe, since otherwise I like it, but it's a fairly big deal.

L8-L9 is cool, but it's understandably difficult to pose him with the big flames coming out unless they're touching the ground.

I think they were $7.44, meaning Target lowered prices a little bit.

TheDarthVader
09-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Why in the hell would they put an OT picture of the emperor on the card of a figure that is PT?

I am planning on getting emperor, rum sleg, and maybe obi wan. Most of these look great, however, I am not diggin' the amidala figure from the pictures I have seen.

Obsession is Nute
09-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I am so EXCITED!!! I got three figures from this wave today: Queen Amidala, Clegg Holdfast and Gungan warrior!

These are the first three figures I have purchased, IN STORE this entire year. Everything else, I have been forced to find online after they failed to materialize on my area's store pegs.

My favorite from this wave, indeed, my favorite figure for the year, Mecho-chair Sidious, is still MIA. However, I am going to redouble my efforts and keep an eye out for him.

Devo
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I received this wave plus extra biker scout and shirtless Darth Maul from BBTS today. ROTJ wave to follow later in the week and also hopefully that treasured set that has eluded me so far, Scramble on Yavin!

Anyway, in-person impressions of this wave to follow.

Obi Wan; I'll get this one out of the way first of all. Hes not definitive as we would have hoped he'd be. Proportionally - that thing we all thought Hasbro had nailed once they gave up the initial POTF2 muscle trend but has become a problem again since the onset of superarticulation - he isn't too bad I guess. Many pictures I'd seen gave me the impression he was short and fat but I'm not seeing it so much now. Its possible that the legs being somewhat close together gives it a DSII Luke kind of appearance of thin waist and wide shoulders but its not as extreme as that horrible Luke figure. Maybe the legs are a bit thin or something, certainly moreso than the AOTC Obi-wan. I'm undecided on this really. A certainty however is that he stands lopsided. The right leg is fractionally shorter than the left - I believe the AOTC figure also has this problem. Also a certainty is that the right arm is fractionally longer than the left. These aren't really problems if you're putting him in an action pose him though as opposed to standing him up neutrally and straight. Its just another undesireable side effect of superarticulation where one figure comprises so many seperate parts. I suppose it might be hard to keep things consistent.

In terms of joints - that other common problem since at least 2006/7 - their appearance is fine apart from, as usual, the balljoint head. I pretty much expect Ball joint heads to look bad but in more recent times other joints have come out looking bad too with figures being burdened with huge bulbous elbows, knees and ankles; or those newfangled angular hinges in the shoulder that jut out when the arm is raised, such as on any luke figure since 2006 X-wing Luke. I don't see those problems here. The knee joints are tight though, when you try to move them they almost pull free from the sockets.

I think worthy of their own paragraph are the ankle hinges and the head. Along with ugly angular shoulder hinges the ankle hinge which is a different colour to the rest of the foot is becoming increasingly common and its a pain in the arse. It needs to stop, neither of these things were a problem in the early days of SA so why is it the norm now? Secondly the head...well, theres no point in me going on about ball joint heads because the majority don't seem to be bothered by the ugliness of them and Hasbro listen to the majority. Anyway this one is as unnatural looking as they come. The neck is a stupid looking skin-coloured plant stalk and the head sits on top of it slightly off to one side while on the other side the braid awkwardly comes out of the ear. Likeness-wise its not great but I excuse that at this scale. I just wish it was a case of 'adequate' likeness on a more realistic looking swivel head rather than 'adequate' likeness on a ridiculously skinny neck and a bizarre looking profile.

My other issues with this obi-wan figure are the softgoods. I never like SG jedi robes but I guess they were necessary here. As far as appearance goes I don't have any issue with SG representing the bottom part of a jedi tunic because the wild nature of the SG is controllable at the waist. However whats the excuse for making it a different colour to the rest of the tunic? Did no one at Hasbro think it might look a little odd considering its supposed to represent one&the same with the plastic part?

On to the paint - its alright. Mine has some paint bleed from the boots onto the pants but thats it. The outfit isn't quite as white as the older TPM obi-wan figures which, if its accurate, to me makes the colour of the pants more excusable. And as it would be a short paragraph on its own I'll mention here that the lightsabre, though not really one of my pet peeves as it is for other people, is, again wrong and a step down from the 1999 figures.

OK thats the bad over with. The sculpting detail on everything below the head is good and up to scratch with todays standards.

Overall its my dud of the wave, quite typical for core characters these days. All these little problems kind of spoil it for me but I'm sure they won't for other people.

Rum Sleg - What a cool figure. OK theres one or two negatives but they're outweighed by the positives and the coolness of having a character such as this. The bad points are the angular shoulder hinges - again, I don't understand why these have become almost the new standard. Cheaper to produce? In any case they're ugly. Second bad point is the left foot is orientated in a slightly odd preposed way (and he doesn't have ankle joints). Minor niggles in the context of an overall great figure. Hes short legged but he's a non human so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

Darth Sidious Hologram - nice. I'm happy to have this for the naboo palace scenes even though it is more of an accessory than a figure. People might not feel they're getting their moneys worth is all.

Queen Amidala - Padme figures are generally quite good, I mean apart from the 2 battle outfits, from TPM and AOTC, they're all saltshakers but I don't think they need to be anything more as long as the sculpt details and paint are good and the face looks feminine. This one is on a par with the evolutions figures. Pretty good. The arms feel fragile at the shoulders though and this one is supposed to be wearing white face make-up no? Well the figures face is painted in normal skintone. Still, I like me the TPM Padmes and this is another good one.

Clegg Holdfast - well, not the most impressive figure but I have no particular complaints about it either. One would wish he came with some other podrace gear in the same way that Teemto Pagalies came with a floating droid because the figure by itself doesn't exactly fill the package.

Gungan Warrior - Very good if you, despite everything, like the Gungans or appreciate the character design. I suppose I could complain about the paintjob being less complex than the gungans of old and also some bleeding of paint onto parts where it shouldn't be. I also prefered the larger gungans before they scaled them down. But you can't fault this figures sculpt or the execution of its SA. It should be rereleased with the shield sometime, we haven't seen that accessory since POTJ.

Overall then, not a bad wave with obi-wan being the letdown. Hes not a disaster on a scale of DSII Luke but he coulda been better.

darthleo
09-21-2009, 05:46 PM
hello from Italy, I collect for ages action figures, ecc. vehicles those that regard the cinematography saga, my house is full of boxes:yes:

would like to know whether for you it is difficult to find the figures or easy?
why did change blister for the series legacy?

hi and you excuse my bad English, I translate with a program for PC

darth leo

TheDarthVader
09-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Someone I know who works for Target told me today that they got the wave in but a worker bought all of them right when they opened one day last week. That really sucks if true. No wonder I can't find anything around this city. Too many retail workers are becoming nothing more than greedy and inconsiderate. I am going to start ordering online. :(

Obsession is Nute
09-21-2009, 11:30 PM
hello from Italy, I collect for ages action figures, ecc. vehicles those that regard the cinematography saga, my house is full of boxes:yes:

would like to know whether for you it is difficult to find the figures or easy?
why did change blister for the series legacy?

hi and you excuse my bad English, I translate with a program for PC

darth leo

Hey Darthleo, good to hear from our friends over the Atlantic! (:

I think it really depends on your region and how quickly stores turn merchandise around. In my area, Des Moines, Iowa (Greater area around 400,000 people) we probably have a relatively slow turnaround compared to areas like Los Angeles or Chicago. This has been the worst year in my memory for collecting. Most stores have kept their shelves barren since last Christmas. I have only seen remnants of the A New Hope and Empire Stikes Back waves and certain stores. Attack of the Clones missed my area completely. So it has been very hard to find Legacy figures in my area.

El Chuxter
09-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Wonder why they bother making removeable helmets for characters like Rum Sleg, where no one gives a rat's since he's in the movie for a split second, but leave important details like K'krukh's hat out?

BTW, Rum is no bounty hunter in my TPM. I'm sick of every GD background character being a failed-Jedi-turned-bounty-hunter-working-for-the-Rebellion BS. He was seen talking to himself, and his name is Rum, so he's the Mos Espa town drunk as far as I'm concerned.

Blue2th
09-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Wonder why they bother making removeable helmets for characters like Rum Sleg, where no one gives a rat's since he's in the movie for a split second, but leave important details like K'krukh's hat out?

That bugs me too. Don't know where I'm going to get a Chinese style hat for him.
I'm glad they are releasing him, but even in the Micro Series they put a hat on him.
I don't see hardly any accessories in any of this wave. They must be cutting costs.

darthleo
09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
hello to everybody, have a question, the clone turbo tank of hasbro, can do a part of the cinematography saga?

darth leo from italy

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-24-2009, 07:14 PM
That bugs me too. Don't know where I'm going to get a Chinese style hat for him.
I'm glad they are releasing him, but even in the Micro Series they put a hat on him.
I don't see hardly any accessories in any of this wave. They must be cutting costs.
No, K'Kruhk didn't have a hat in the microseries. It looks more like a hood. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0nI5FrBYjk) The whole costume is different from the comics, or maybe just more battle damaged, but I think one K'Kruhk is enough.

DarkArtist
09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
broke down and bought Obi Wan, Gungan Warrior and Cliegg from HTS. they have the entire wave in stock for those who have yet to find them

Blue2th
09-25-2009, 04:41 PM
No, K'Kruhk didn't have a hat in the microseries. It looks more like a hood. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0nI5FrBYjk) The whole costume is different from the comics, or maybe just more battle damaged, but I think one K'Kruhk is enough.

Indeed you are correct.
We're lucky to get one at all as nice as this one looks. I'd like to take a peak of K'Kruhk without his robe.
Maybe we'll get him as a repaint in a comic pack with his hat, if this one is being released as it's shown.

I found Clegg and Rum today at Target.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I found most of this wave at Toys R us (buy 2 get one free! yay!). I picked up Clegg, Rum, Darth Sidious, and Queen amidala. I passed on the scout/space troopers and Obi-Wan as I have them already from previous releases. No sign of the gungan warrior.

Snowtrooper
09-25-2009, 09:19 PM
broke down and bought Obi Wan, Gungan Warrior and Cliegg from HTS. they have the entire wave in stock for those who have yet to find them

Thanks for the info. I placed my order for entire the wave, some CW figures, and some stands for my brother. Used STARWARS10 for the 10% discount and got about $11 off my order. I'm not going to have time to go figure hunting for a couple of months, so I thought I'd get it out of the way.

figrin bran
09-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm going to order the TPM wave, minus Gungan Warrior which I found a few weeks ago, from HTS as well. Thanks for the tip!

Mad Slanted Powers
09-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Found this at Target today, though most of the cards were creased on the front left side. I got them anyway, even though I save the cards after opening. Still don't see anything at Wal-Mart except lots of Clone Wars, a few new Saga Legends and a few old card Legacy figures.

bigbarada
09-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Found the Gungan Warrior, Holo Sidious, and the podracer guy at Target today. Was tempted to buy the Gungan, but sloppy paint apps on his face made it easy to say no.

DarkJedi5
09-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Got the whole wave today and it's pretty good. I am pretty disappointed with the Obi-Wan though. He CANNOT hold his lightsaber with two hands and it kills me! I don't think Obi-Wan used a one-handed saber posture in the whole film. Until they redo the elbows on this figure to allow that I'm not really going to be happy.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-27-2009, 01:40 PM
My disappointment with Obi-Wan is the shallow peg holes. Rum Sleg has a goofy leg that made it hard for me to stand him up without using a stand. The Gungan Warrior, at least while holding his accessories, needs a stand as well. L8-L9 definitely needs one with those big heavy flames coming out of his arms.

Queen Amidala is like the TPM/POTJ era figures. She has two legs, but they might as well be one, and has the plastic sculpted dress rather than soft goods. We still don't have a Queen Amidala that can sit.

I wasn't sure if you could put Clegg Holdfast's goggles on, but the pictures on RS showed that it was possible, to I was just now able to put them on by taking his head off and sliding them up from the bottom.

The Sidious holograph is okay, but I'm having trouble finding good leg placement so that the thing is balanced.

TheDarthVader
09-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Could someone PM me? I would like one darth sidious and one rum sleg. I will pay for loose shipping with droid parts included. Much appreciated. I live in Texas.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Since there was only one of each, and there was the right combination to make the flame throwing droid (F-451, perhaps?), I broke down and bought 6 figs today... Luke Trooper, Bottle O-Rum, Queen Purple Reign, Walkin' Hollow Siddy, Packin' Heat Jawa, and Hey Now I Have a Different Color Shirt Biker Scout. At $7.49 each, that was a pricey impulse buy; I hope you're happy now Hasbro. :rolleyes:

Qui-Long Gone
09-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, I'm saving money because none of these figures have made their way my way yet...:mad:

Obsession is Nute
09-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, I'm saving money because none of these figures have made their way my way yet...:mad:

I found Amidala, Holdfast, Gungan Warrior and Scout trooper, barely. They were the only four left. No other stores in my area seem to have them. I understand your frustration, story of 2009! At least last year, things rolled in late July/August and kept comming until Christmas. Here we are...it is almost October and little to nothing has shown up in stores when anticipated (I had to buy ANH, ESB and AOTC waves online after a month of no shows on the shelves past the stated street date).

DarkArtist
09-29-2009, 12:52 PM
well my order shipped from HTS with Obi Wan, Cliegg and Gungan... can't wait. really looking forward to seeing how Obi Wan looks.

El Chuxter
09-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Did I miss something? How is there a Cliegg figure and I'm not dancing and shouting with joy?

mabudonicus
09-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Cleigg Holdfast Chux- or bannis cleigg?? There's lots of Cleiggs in SW nowadays
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes

Pretty sure that's the deal

Snowtrooper
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
well my order shipped from HTS with Obi Wan, Cliegg and Gungan... can't wait. really looking forward to seeing how Obi Wan looks.

Mine shipped as well. It should arrive later this week or early next.

El Chuxter
09-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh, gotcha. Clegg Holdfast. I should've realized it was a typo, but my unnatural desire for a 3.75" plastic, middle age man with one leg got the better of me.

DarkArtist
09-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh, gotcha. Clegg Holdfast. I should've realized it was a typo, but my unnatural desire for a 3.75" plastic, middle age man with one leg got the better of me.

my bad Chux...sorry to get your hopes up....

although i wouold love a Cliegg Lars figure myself... that is perhaps right now my top character from AOTC that I want to see get the plastic treatment

djsosharp
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
my bad Chux...sorry to get your hopes up....

although i wouold love a Cliegg Lars figure myself... that is perhaps right now my top character from AOTC that I want to see get the plastic treatment

Do he and Jocasta have the most spoken words of any characters not yet made into figures? It's ridiculous how many little BS people we have gotten as pure scenery but no Mr. Hover-Round.

bigbarada
09-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Do he and Jocasta have the most spoken words of any characters not yet made into figures? It's ridiculous how many little BS people we have gotten as pure scenery but no Mr. Hover-Round.

I would take many of the "BS people" any day of the week over Jocastu Nu. While I think a guy in a "wheelchair" is not the greatest idea for an ACTION figure, I might buy a Cliegg figure. However, kids are still the primary target group for action figures, and characters like Cliegg and Jocasta are only going to appeal to adult collectors and diorama builders, who are in the minority. They have little to no play value, thus most kids have no interest in them.

El Chuxter
09-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Dude, Cliegg is Luke's (step-)grandpa. He was injured hunting down Tuskens. How cool is that?

pbarnard
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
In defense of minor background characters. Hasbro does go all out in terms of articulation and features. Must be the philosophy if going to do it, going to give it the extra special treat as well as accurate. Top it off, those features have to appeal to kids to some extent (nothing however will make Yarna appeal to kids except with Oedipal complexes who's mother looks like Yarna). The exactness of these characters both human and alien makes me wonder what is the problem with Luke and Han solo head sculpts mostly.

DarkArtist
10-01-2009, 05:56 PM
well the rest of TPM wave arrived today, Kenobi looks great, nice job on the gungan and Clegg look awesome.

JetsAndHeels
10-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I finally found some of this wave earlier tonight at Walmart.

Picked up Obi Wan, Holo Sidious, and Queen Amidala.

bigbarada
10-01-2009, 11:21 PM
This wave showed up in large numbers today. I'm pretty impressed by Rum Slegg and the Gungan, but just haven't been able to commit to buying them yet. I got rid of all my prequel figures last year, so I have no real reason to buy any more PT toys.

JetsAndHeels
10-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Anyone here get the Maul from this wave? From the looks of it on the cards, it resembles the one from the POTJ wave (the deluxe one without a shirt).

Is it worth getting?

djsosharp
10-02-2009, 12:23 AM
I finally found some of this wave earlier tonight at Walmart.

Picked up Obi Wan, Holo Sidious, and Queen Amidala.

Yeah I was most excited for Holo Sidious and Purple Amidala. The former is pretty well done. Certainly stands much better than the big Sideshow version I've got - which looks cool when lit up but is WAY too top-heavy with crappy legs.

DarkJedi5
10-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Anyone here get the Maul from this wave? From the looks of it on the cards, it resembles the one from the POTJ wave (the deluxe one without a shirt).

Is it worth getting?

I've got one that I'm going to return. It is a repack of the one from the Sith Evolutions set from last year and is a remake of the POTJ one. The difference between this and the POTJ figure would be his soft goods skirt, much more articulation, and crisper paint details.

JetsAndHeels
10-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I've got one that I'm going to return. It is a repack of the one from the Sith Evolutions set from last year and is a remake of the POTJ one. The difference between this and the POTJ figure would be his soft goods skirt, much more articulation, and crisper paint details.

Thanks for the info....think I'll pass unless I see it in person and like it.

morpheus282
10-03-2009, 11:04 AM
The Darth Maul from this wave looks to be the same one from the Wal-Mart droid factory package but without the cloak. I got that one for the I-5YQ and dark trooper part but would have passed on it any other way. If the TPM wave Maul is just a repack of the droid factory figure, I've got to say it's not a bad Maul. Plenty of articulation, good paint, all that you could ask for in a shirtless Sith lord.

DarkJedi5
10-03-2009, 01:32 PM
The Darth Maul from this wave looks to be the same one from the Wal-Mart droid factory package but without the cloak. I got that one for the I-5YQ and dark trooper part but would have passed on it any other way. If the TPM wave Maul is just a repack of the droid factory figure, I've got to say it's not a bad Maul. Plenty of articulation, good paint, all that you could ask for in a shirtless Sith lord.

Yeah it's the same Maul, this marks his third incarnation (as far as I know); Sith Lords Evo set, Droid Facotry with I-5YQ and as a single carded figure in this wave. I've got him from both previous releases and I don't need a third.

Old Fossil
10-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Found the entire wave today at Wal-Mart, but I only bought Rum Slegg. It's a really fantastic figure. Looks great in my cantina diorama (as a "spacer"). His suit and helmet remind me a lot of the ones from "2001" and "Star Trek: The Motion Picture."

OC47150
10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Rum and the Gungan still elude me.

Old Fossil
10-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Rum and the Gungan

1982 was the best year for that Aussie New Wave group.

JetsAndHeels
10-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I found the rest of the wave earlier tonight, but only got Rum Sleg (there was only one of him left so I grabbed it quick). I just opened him a few minutes ago, and I like him alot. He kinda looks like Jason Voorhees when his helmet is off. :)

morpheus282
10-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Rum Sleg and the hologram are the only interesting ones out of that wave to me. I'll probably end up passing on them until they're repacks since I really don't like L8-L9 that much.

JetsAndHeels
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Rum Sleg and the hologram are the only interesting ones out of that wave to me. I'll probably end up passing on them until they're repacks since I really don't like L8-L9 that much.

You're going to pass up on 2 figures you want because they have droid parts included with them? I am sure someone on here would take those parts off your hands if you didn't want them. :)

morpheus282
10-05-2009, 07:15 AM
You're going to pass up on 2 figures you want because they have droid parts included with them? I am sure someone on here would take those parts off your hands if you didn't want them. :)

That's the thing, I really dont want either of them. They just look like the only really interesting figures in this wave. If I never actually see them on a peg it won't keep me up at night. The new slave Leia is one that I'll be hitting eBay for if I don't see it at retail before Christmas gets here.

JetsAndHeels
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
That's the thing, I really dont want either of them. They just look like the only really interesting figures in this wave. If I never actually see them on a peg it won't keep me up at night. The new slave Leia is one that I'll be hitting eBay for if I don't see it at retail before Christmas gets here.

Oh ok, I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

Having said that, Rum Sleg is by far my favorite from TPM wave. He looks cool either with or without his helmet!!

morpheus282
10-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Rum definately looks cool. If I don't find something new soon and he shows up I may go ahead and get him just to have something new. Faced with the choice of him or a new skiff guard... Sorry Rum.

Old Fossil
10-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Saw this wave again tonight, one case at Target. I bought the Biker Scout. Later, I found a lone Biker Scout at WM, and bought that one, too.

Anybody else find it odd that there is an Ep. VI army builder RE-ISSUE packaged as Legacy with a strictly Ep.I assortment? Or is it intended to be a precursor to the ROTJ assortment that follows? Seems like it should be in the Legends line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-11-2009, 12:26 AM
The Greatest Hits figures don't usually conform to the wave that they're in (though they often do, like the AOTC figures in that wave, or the Snowtrooper in the upcoming ESB wave). They should really just scrap the Legends line and do a few more of the older figures in the main line. I'm really sick of Obi-Wan and Saesee Tiin getting reissued all the damn time - there's got to be a better way to get stuff out there, right?

morpheus282
10-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm also getting fed up with going hunting and only finding Saesee Tiin and Plo Koon on the shelf. I'd much rather see the Legends line sent through as the repacks in the Legacy wave, it just seems that would help keep the newer figures on the shelf.

Old Fossil
10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
The Greatest Hits figures don't usually conform to the wave that they're in (though they often do, like the AOTC figures in that wave, or the Snowtrooper in the upcoming ESB wave). They should really just scrap the Legends line and do a few more of the older figures in the main line. I'm really sick of Obi-Wan and Saesee Tiin getting reissued all the damn time - there's got to be a better way to get stuff out there, right?

I was under the assumption that the Scout was packaged as part of Legacy -- the card has the black tab, unlike Legends, which has orange, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-11-2009, 11:30 PM
I was under the assumption that the Scout was packaged as part of Legacy -- the card has the black tab, unlike Legends, which has orange, right?
Yes, and it was the correct assumption. By "Greatest Hits figures" I meant "old figures that get repacked in the same cases and on the same card style as the all-new Legacy Collection Build-A-Droid figures", since they technically haven't had the GH designation for about a year. I was saying it is redundant to repack older figures alongside new figures if they're also going to have a separate line of completely old figures (Saga Legends).

DarkJedi5
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I was saying it is redundant to repack older figures alongside new figures if they're also going to have a separate line of completely old figures (Saga Legends).

Amen! It would be much much better for us collectors if the Saga Legends line was folded into the TLC line. Hasbro could still get their "kid-friendly reissues" out there but there would also be more turn over on the new product. Then maybe we wouldn't hear as much about collectors aren't buying as much. I mean, I had my hours cut in half at work for like six months and then went back to school but I haven't seen a drop in my collecting, except when I have a hard time finding stuff.

Old Fossil
10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
I suspect this wave is no longer shipping to retailers. Haven't seen any refresh cases of this assortment in a while. Pity. I need one more Biker Scout.:(

DarkJedi5
10-19-2009, 12:08 AM
I suspect this wave is no longer shipping to retailers. Haven't seen any refresh cases of this assortment in a while. Pity. I need one more Biker Scout.:(

No longer shipping?! I never even saw it on the racks... and I was gonna get another Gungan....

morpheus282
10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
I saw two of the new figures, one gungan, one holographic Sidious. Combine that with one sighting of the ROTS wave and you have no fun.

Old Fossil
10-19-2009, 08:49 PM
I saw two of the new figures, one gungan, one holographic Sidious. Combine that with one sighting of the ROTS wave and you have no fun.

Do you mean the sighting by GreivousIsOverlard? I don't think that's been confirmed by anyone else. Besides, even if it is true, it's a fluke; that wave hasn't shown up anywhere else yet, that we know of.

morpheus282
10-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Do you mean the sighting by GreivousIsOverlard? I don't think that's been confirmed by anyone else. Besides, even if it is true, it's a fluke; that wave hasn't shown up anywhere else yet, that we know of.

My bad, I meant ROTJ not ROTS.

jedibear
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Saw this wave (finally) up here. We've got tons of CW figures just falling off the pegs here (along with Legends) but the Legacy stuff is tougher to find.

Our local WM didn't have the Gungun or Maul, but one of the rest of the wave (all on smashed and dented cards). Bought 'em anyway seeing as Legacy is all I'm collecting anymore and the chances of seeing them again around here are slim to none.

Some quick, random thoughts on 'em (and forgive me if I hit on stuff that has already been covered by folks posting here,,,but these are new to me so...)

Obi-Wan Kenobi This is a good figure that with just a few tweaks could have been great. It would have been really cool if Hasbro had included the same ball-n-socket type hip joints on this one as the Anakin/DarthVader one features. Considering the cloth skirt, i was figuring he had them till I opened him up. Also, an unlit saber hilt along with a peg hole on the belt (harkening back to the EpOne release) would have been icing on the cake. Still he's the best EpOne version we've gotten so far so I'm happy, especially considering that Evo set he was part of got cancelled...at least we got the figure on a card.

Rum Sleg One of the things that keeps me hanging on collecting these figures is the Hasbro team's penchant for constantly putting out background charcters that are visually interesting and rendering them with such care and detail. This guy is my favorite of the wave...he just looks cool...almost like he could've hung out in the cantina all those years ago...

Queen Amidala A well-done figure that fits in nicely with all of the previous "gaudy gown" Amidalas we've gotten throughout the collection. Nothing spectacular here, just a good solid figure.

Darth Sidious Hologram Very cool...and nice to see after all this time.

Clegg Holdfast I've never been too crazy about the over-the-top character designs for the Pod Racers, but this is a good representation of the character. If Clegg shows anything, it's how far Hasbro has come with the paint apps and detailing on this scale of figure. Pretty impressive.

Now I'm still looking forward to picking up that Gungun and the carded shirt=free Maul...

I'm going to probably keep picking up the legacy waves as long as Hasbro keeps making solid ones like this one. Good background characters, long-awaited ones that "fill in the gaps", all rendered well.

DarkJedi5
10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Sunday I finally found evidence of this wave in the form of a single gungan. Bought him to go with the figs I got online but since the ROTJ wave is so plentiful I don't expect to see much of this wave again.

JediTricks
10-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Got the Obi-Wan from HTS, honestly don't like it as much as I hoped. Likeness isn't really there with weak sculpt, bad neck design, and HUGE eye paint. The body seems like it should have used the Ep 2 body with its ball-hinge hips and belt that takes on the commlink.

pbarnard
10-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I saw the first new BAD figure since this spring locally!!!! I was so excited I bought the holo-Sidious (and will display on my desk at work) and the Clegg Holdfast (pod racers get an alcove in the cantina).

PS, anyone want the BAD legs?

Old Fossil
02-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I think some retailers have some backstock of this wave. I've seen case-fresh remnants of it at 1 Target and 1 Wal-Mart.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I think some retailers have some backstock of this wave. I've seen case-fresh remnants of it at 1 Target and 1 Wal-Mart.
This is an example of what Hasbro has been describing - massive Legacy backstock in their warehouses. They pushed out so much product at Christmas that they got to later waves (like ESB) before earlier waves (TPM) were all the way out to stores since they were shipping out the stuff as it was coming in. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of these figures in the coming months.

Old Fossil
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of these figures in the coming months.

I hope you're right. I wouldn't mind having a couple of the Gungan Warrior figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Yes, Target here has TPM figures, as does K-Mart I think. I'm still hoping to see the ESB and ROTS waves. There is a Plo Koon and Agen Kolar at Wal-Mart with the HK-50 pieces, so the ESB wave must have been there. The Wal-Mart in Mt. Vernon also had them, which is where I found Willrow Hood. I haven't seen the rest of the wave, or anything else from the ROTS wave.