PDA

View Full Version : Cantina & jabba Aliens

Droide
08-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I like a lot the Aliens from the OT; ANH and ROTJ,When do you think they`ll be available.I mean, ALL OF THEM :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
08-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Once the world is convinced--just as I am--that they are more important than EU and Jocasta Nu!

pbarnard
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Once the world is convinced--just as I am--that they are more important than EU and Jocasta Nu!

You and I agree on one but not the other. Proper balance between EU and Cantina/Jabba set is all that they need. Plus, no need to shout, not like they haven't been releasing background cantina aliens say since 2002 at the rate of 2-3 per year.

Slicker
08-28-2009, 08:45 AM
You don't have to yell about it.:whip:

Droid
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, there has been a stunning number of cantina and Jabba's Palace residents made to date. I would NEVER have thought they would make this many.

But they need to keep them coming! They're on a roll!

Mad Slanted Powers
08-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Yep, quite a few. Here are the ones I could list. I didn't include main characters, Garindan, or the ESB bounty hunters that are also in Jabba's Palace, so that would be even more.

Cantina
Dannik Jerriko
Dice Ibegon
Djas Puhr
Dr. Evazan
Elis Helrot
Ellorrs Madak
Feltipern Trevagg
Greedo
Hem Dazon
Hr'chek Kal Fas
Kabe
Ketwol
Kitik Keed'kak
Labria
Lak Sivrak
Leesub Sirln
M'iiyoom Onith
Momaw Nadon
Muftak
Myo
Nabrun Leids
Ponda Baba
Pons Limbic
Takeel
Trinto Duaba
Wioslea
Wuher
Zutton (blue)
Zutton (red)

Jabba's Palace, Skiff & Sail Barge
Ak-Rev
Amanaman
Bane Malar
Barada
Barquin D'an
Bib Fortuna
B'omarr Monk
Bubo
CZ-4
Doda Bodonawieedo
8D8
Ephant Mon
EV-9D9
Gamorrean Guard
Giran
Greeata
Hermie Odle
Jabba
Joh Yowzah
J'Quille
Klaatu
Lyn Me
Malakili
Max Rebo
Nikto
Nysad
Oola
Pote Snitkin
Rancor
Rappertunie
Ree-Yees
Rystall
Saelt Marae
Salacious Crumb
Sy Snootles
Tanus Spijek
Tessek
Umpass-Stay
Weequay
Wol Cabassh!te
Yarna d'al Gargan

bigbarada
08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
You forgot Droopy McCool. I also put every figure that hasn't been resculpted in ten years or more in red:

Amanaman
Bane Malar
Barada
Bib Fortuna
B'omarr Monk
Bubo
CZ-4
Droopy McCool
8D8
Ephant Mon
EV-9D9
Gamorrean Guard
Giran
Hermie Odle
Jabba
J'Quille
Klaatu (Yotts Oren)
Malakili
Max Rebo
Nikto (Vizam)
Nysad
Oola
Pote Snitkin
Rancor
Ree-Yees
Saelt Marae
Salacious Crumb
Sy Snootles
Tanus Spijek
Tessek
Weequay
Wol Cabassh!te
Yarna d'al Gargan

Special Edition add-ons:
Ak-Rev
Barquin D'an
Doda Bodonawieedo
Greeata
Joh Yowzah
Lyn Me
Rappertunie
Rystall
Umpass-Stay

Droide
08-28-2009, 02:24 PM

Agree with you,Would be great a cantina/Jabba`s palace 20-pack Collectors edition with previously unproduced action figures

Droide
08-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Yep, quite a few. Here are the ones I could list. I didn't include main characters, Garindan, or the ESB bounty hunters that are also in Jabba's Palace, so that would be even more.

Cantina
Dannik Jerriko
Dice Ibegon
Djas Puhr
Dr. Evazan
Elis Helrot
Ellorrs Madak
Feltipern Trevagg
Greedo
Hem Dazon
Hr'chek Kal Fas
Kabe
Ketwol
Kitik Keed'kak
Labria
Lak Sivrak
Leesub Sirln
M'iiyoom Onith
Momaw Nadon
Muftak
Myo
Nabrun Leids
Ponda Baba
Pons Limbic
Takeel
Trinto Duaba
Wioslea
Wuher
Zutton (blue)
Zutton (red)

Ak-Rev
Amanaman
Bane Malar
Barada
Barquin D'an
Bib Fortuna
B'omarr Monk
Bubo
CZ-4
Doda Bodonawieedo
8D8
Ephant Mon
EV-9D9
Gamorrean Guard
Giran
Greeata
Hermie Odle
Jabba
Joh Yowzah
J'Quille
Klaatu
Lyn Me
Malakili
Max Rebo
Nikto
Nysad
Oola
Pote Snitkin
Rancor
Rappertunie
Ree-Yees
Rystall
Saelt Marae
Salacious Crumb
Sy Snootles
Tanus Spijek
Tessek
Umpass-Stay
Weequay
Wol Cabassh!te
Yarna d'al Gargan

Quite an impressive list,we need more of them :thumbsup:

Droide
08-28-2009, 02:27 PM
You forgot Droopy McCool. I also put every figure that hasn't been resculpted in ten years or more in red:

Amanaman
Bane Malar
Barada
Bib Fortuna
B'omarr Monk
Bubo
CZ-4
Droopy McCool
8D8
Ephant Mon
EV-9D9
Gamorrean Guard
Giran
Hermie Odle
Jabba
J'Quille
Klaatu (Yotts Oren)
Malakili
Max Rebo
Nikto (Vizam)
Nysad
Oola
Pote Snitkin
Rancor
Ree-Yees
Saelt Marae
Salacious Crumb
Sy Snootles
Tanus Spijek
Tessek
Weequay
Wol Cabassh!te
Yarna d'al Gargan

Special Edition add-ons:
Ak-Rev
Barquin D'an
Doda Bodonawieedo
Greeata
Joh Yowzah
Lyn Me
Rappertunie
Rystall
Umpass-Stay

what do you think is better,new sculpts on produced figures or Brand new Aliens,skiff guards?

El Chuxter
08-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I still think a dedicated Het N'kik figure with Tusken totem and Imperial blaster would be awesome.

Droide
08-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes, there has been a stunning number of cantina and Jabba's Palace residents made to date. I would NEVER have thought they would make this many.

But they need to keep them coming! They're on a roll!

Sure,they need to keep them coming
:D

Droide
08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
You don't have to yell about it.:whip:

LOL :whip:

Droide
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I still think a dedicated Het N'kik figure with Tusken totem and Imperial blaster would be awesome.

Yes it would,Tuskens and jawas are some of the coolest designs of the saga :thumbsup:

Devo
08-28-2009, 03:47 PM
OK, heres my personal list of 'Resculpts' in the areas of the ANH cantina and ROTJ Jabba's palace/pit of carkoon battle that I'd like to see before the line ends. If other characters didn't get resculpted I could live with it.

Dr.Evazan
Labria

Gamorrean guard
8D8 (one with more detail&articulation to operate a new branding machine w/moving parts)
Jabba
Oola
Vizam (the real sailbarge gunner)
Yotts Oren (klaatu in poofy white outfit)
Barada (good sculpt on the POTF2 but low on articulation)
Saelt Marae
Ree Yees (POTF2 is good, I'd like more articulation though)
Weequay

Pote Snitkin may be over 10 years old now but I don't think he needs a redo at all. His sculpting meets modern standards and you don't see him move out from behind the skiff controls to roundhouse kick Luke.

I'm also not mad on seeing redos of the Max Rebo Band and dancers. Sure I'd buy them just because, but I'd really prefer new characters.

I think the POTF2 Ponda Baba is fine, I'm sure it could be done better now but I just don't think it needs to be and I think the improvement would be slight with only articulation faring better.

I think Djas Puhr has a good sculpt, and a slightly awkward stance and lack of bending knees isn't reason enough to take up a potential new character slot - likewise Boshek.

Lak Sivrak is an old figure and doesn't look that great today but I'd really rather get that other werewolf type character Arleil Shous (sp) first so I left him off the list. Also he was mostly deleted after 1997.

Definitely don't want another Ketwol. Never warmed to that particular alien.

bigbarada
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
what do you think is better,new sculpts on produced figures or Brand new Aliens,skiff guards?

That depends entirely on the alien. Even though Yoxgit and Geezum have never been made in action figure form, I would still prefer resculpts of the Gamorrean Guard and Wooof (Klaatu) since they are just more noticeable and iconic Jabba's Palace aliens.

However, each wave needs to be balanced between core characters and obscure background characters. If Hasbro released an ROTJ wave consisting solely of Geezum, Yoxgit, Rayc Ryjerd, Laudica, Jess, and Vul Tazaene it would make a lot of fans happy; but it would completely tank at retail. So you have to balance out the super-obscure characters with the more iconic aliens and the core characters.

So, what I'm basically saying is that there is room for both all-new characters and updates of iconic characters. :)

bigbarada
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
OK, heres my personal list of 'Resculpts' in the areas of the ANH cantina and ROTJ Jabba's palace/pit of carkoon battle that I'd like to see before the line ends. If other characters didn't get resculpted I could live with it.

Dr.Evazan
Labria

Gamorrean guard
8D8 (one with more detail&articulation to operate a new branding machine w/moving parts)
Jabba
Oola
Saelt Marae
Weequay

Pote Snitkin may be over 10 years old now but I don't think he needs a redo at all. His sculpting meets modern standards and you don't see him move out from behind the skiff controls to roundhouse kick Luke.

I'm also not mad on seeing redos of the Max Rebo Band and dancers. Sure I'd buy them just because, but I'd really prefer new characters.

I think you have a pretty good list of all the characters who really NEED updates. I would make an argument for Ponda Baba, but only because he looks so dated next to the most recent versions of Greedo and Hammerhead.

I would also add the Cantina Band Member to my list of Cantina figures that need a resculpt. Super-articulation would work wonders for that figure and they just have to make one and pack him with all the instruments and a stool, then people could buy as many as they wanted.

Pote is still pretty good, but is just hurting in the articulation department (and I really hate the side-split cloak, one of the worst ideas from the POTF2 line). I would actually be kind of annoyed if they updated him again before making figures of the guards on the Prisoner Skiff.

I would love to see the original Rebo Band remade, but really have no interest in updates of the Special Edition band members.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I would also add the Cantina Band Member to my list of Cantina figures that need a resculpt. Super-articulation would work wonders for that figure and they just have to make one and pack him with all the instruments and a stool, then people could buy as many as they wanted.Ah, yes. Another cantina figure I failed to put on the list. I think they should redo this one some day so that they don't lean forward so much and can hold their instruments in a better way.

Droide
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
That depends entirely on the alien. Even though Yoxgit and Geezum have never been made in action figure form, I would still prefer resculpts of the Gamorrean Guard and Wooof (Klaatu) since they are just more noticeable and iconic Jabba's Palace aliens.

However, each wave needs to be balanced between core characters and obscure background characters. If Hasbro released an ROTJ wave consisting solely of Geezum, Yoxgit, Rayc Ryjerd, Laudica, Jess, and Vul Tazaene it would make a lot of fans happy; but it would completely tank at retail. So you have to balance out the super-obscure characters with the more iconic aliens and the core characters.

So, what I'm basically saying is that there is room for both all-new characters and updates of iconic characters. :)
I agree the gamorrean and wooof have to be updated,It would also be awesome to have a special pack with a lot of Brand new action figures with the obscure characters from The Cantina/jabba`s palace.An entertainment Earth exclusive or something like that.:p

Droide
08-28-2009, 05:02 PM

Dr.Evazan
Labria

Gamorrean guard
Jabba
Oola
Saelt Marae
Weequay

I think the POTF2 Ponda Baba is fine, I'm sure it could be done better now but I just don't think it needs to be and I think the improvement would be slight with only articulation faring better.

I think Djas Puhr has a good sculpt, and a slightly awkward stance and lack of bending knees isn't reason enough to take up a potential new character slot - likewise Boshek.

Lak Sivrak is an old figure and doesn't look that great today but I'd really rather get that other werewolf type character Arleil Shous (sp) first so I left him off the list. Also he was mostly deleted after 1997.

Definitely don't want another Ketwol. Never warmed to that particular alien.

I guess Saelt marae needs a resculpt,since the vintage is still the best,Also the Gamorrean Guard,but I`d really prefer new characters.:thumbsup:

Devo
08-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah, me too. I prefer new characters by default, but since resculpts came up I thought I'd type my list of older figures I think could now be significantly improved. As BigBarada said it seems inevitable that Hasbro will choose to mix core characters with the better recognised* aliens and maybe one of the more obscure aliens or background humans on each visitation of the cantina/jabbas palace. Having said that, the past few cantina waves have all been entirely new denizens rather than resculpts so this may not hold true.

(*who have mostly already been done and will thus be getting their 3rd treatments including the vintage line)

By the way yes I'd agree that the Modal Nodes could do with a new SA figure, I forgot about them. One new figure representing the onstage band, and a seperate figure of Lirin car'n, the Bith sitting with Muftak in the cantina. Most likely Lirin would use much of the same tooling as the Modal Node bandmember and just have a tan softgoods top.

As a final note I really can't wait to have Wooof. He seems certain, along with the Gamorrean, for next years Jabbas palace wave. I will consider him a 'new' character in my collection (as opposed to a resculpt) as I don't have the vintage figure. Wooof is clearly visible in so many shots and was also a combatant on the Sailbarge as BigBarada's website illustrates - so he's a character with multiple scene uses.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I think the POTF2 Ponda Baba is fine, I'm sure it could be done better now but I just don't think it needs to be and I think the improvement would be slight with only articulation faring better.Agreed, and we have one with a little better articulation in the Cantina Bar set, so at least he can sit on a bar stool.

TheDarthVader
08-31-2009, 12:40 AM
I want a Ponda Baba with the hoof instead of the hand, but I would not be disappointed if this figure was never released.

I am with the OP. I love the cantina and jabba's palace aliens and believe that more should be made. :D

Jabbapalacespy
09-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I collect any aliens from the original trillogy so I'm a sucker for anything they produce along those lines. Jabba's palace aliens take priority over all else since I have completed my palace diorama and I'm looking to add new figures to it. (I have posted pics of it on my profile :squareeye) I plan on doing the cantina someday so those aliens are second. They have made so many aliens that I'm close to having all my favorites made. Still waiting on Cane Adiss, that's a big one for me. Also would like to see resculpts of a few like Ree-Yees, Saelt Marae, and especially Tessek. These all look good but I would like better articulation. I hate how Tessek has the swinging elbow and hard plastic cape because it really limits his poses. However, I will take new, never been made, figures over resculpts any day. The only exception is a resculpt of Oola, again for articulation purposes, something like the new Leia coming out. I hope if we are patient enough we will see pretty much all the obscure aliens from the OT made.

Droid
09-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I collect any aliens from the original trillogy so I'm a sucker for anything they produce along those lines. Jabba's palace aliens take priority over all else since I have completed my palace diorama and I'm looking to add new figures to it. (I have posted pics of it on my profile :squareeye) I plan on doing the cantina someday so those aliens are second. They have made so many aliens that I'm close to having all my favorites made. Still waiting on Cane Adiss, that's a big one for me. Also would like to see resculpts of a few like Ree-Yees, Saelt Marae, and especially Tessek. These all look good but I would like better articulation. I hate how Tessek has the swinging elbow and hard plastic cape because it really limits his poses. However, I will take new, never been made, figures over resculpts any day. The only exception is a resculpt of Oola, again for articulation purposes, something like the new Leia coming out. I hope if we are patient enough we will see pretty much all the obscure aliens from the OT made.

Your diorama is awesome! I wish I could make the pictures bigger to get a better look.

SplFrcsCWO
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
+1 for the Gamorrean Guard. Perhaps a VOTC version?

Jabbapalacespy
09-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I have uploaded several pictures of my Jabba's Palace diorama on Flickr.com. Just look up dougydug2000 to see them a bit larger than they are here. I also have pics of some custom characters I've made. I plan on posting more later as a build other projects. Please give me credit if you copy any pics. You can see why I'm anxious for Hasbro to make more Jabba's palace characters. :thumbsup:

Droide
09-03-2009, 06:53 PM
I have uploaded several pictures of my Jabba's Palace diorama on Flickr.com. Just look up dougydug2000 to see them a bit larger than they are here. I also have pics of some custom characters I've made. I plan on posting more later as a build other projects. Please give me credit if you copy any pics. You can see why I'm anxious for Hasbro to make more Jabba's palace characters. :thumbsup:

Those Dioramas are awesome,however I wasn`t able to find the Flickr.com Pics.

Hope hasbro maskes more Jabba`s palace aliens into action figures for the collector`s joy:thumbsup:

Droide
09-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I want a Ponda Baba with the hoof instead of the hand, but I would not be disappointed if this figure was never released.

I am with the OP. I love the cantina and jabba's palace aliens and believe that more should be made. :D

I also love those characters:thumbsup:

Jabbapalacespy
09-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Try this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15800239@N07/

sebillba
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Try this link:

Wow! Awesome work! Your attention to detail is amazing. I noticed a custom Cane Adiss lurking in the background of one of the photos, I'm sure a lot of people here would like to see more of this one.

Cane_Adiss
09-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Try this link:

Oh jeez wow! Your Cane Adiss is awesome! A very interesting take on the character. One thing you forgot though is he has long black topknots on each head. I hope Hasbro doesn't overlook that detail as it's easy to miss. If Hasbro were to give us something along the lines of what you pulled off I wouldn't complain. I just hope he will be better articulated. I can't wait for Hasbro do deliver us one as you can tell he's my #1 most wanted figure!

The diorama is sweet btw, lots of interesting customs. I like your Wam Lufba and your Attark, and I saw a glimpse of a Jess in one of the pics. All are badly wanted figures of mine.

Qui-Long Gone
09-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Nice playset! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (out of 4)

Jabbapalacespy
09-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all your comments. I'm waiting eagerly for the new Return of the Jedi wave to hit the shelves so I can add those figures. I'm also excited for the BG-J38 B.A.D. next year. :thumbsup:

Devo
09-06-2009, 07:24 PM
You've made me a deeply jealous man today. I hope you're happy with yourself. ;)