PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Exclusives

Pages : [1] 2

DarkJedi5
09-01-2009, 09:40 AM
According to the cards at Comic Con, a slew of new figures should be hitting the pegs this week or next (the cards at Comic Con actually had today as the estimated shelf date, but that's never how it works out). They include:

Octuparra Droid
Comic-Packs - Dllr Nep & Plourr Ilo, IG-97 & Rom Mohc, Storm Commando & General Weir
Evolutions Sets - Imperial Pilots II, Rebel Pilots III, Imperial Commandos

I know I'm really looking forward to all of these sets and would love to score multiples of a couple of them. But I'm a little nervous, in my area the A-Wings took forever to hit shelves and were gone pretty quick and the Droid Factory sets that just came out were very scarcely released. I wonder if these exclusives will prove to be just as elusive.

pbarnard
09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Well with the comic packs, I'm not too worried. Most were here for a couple of months and some, Tank/Anamin, are still here. I'm definitely interested in these as well. Be interesting if you can find them on the website first.

Old Fossil
09-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm very much on the fence regarding the Evolutions sets. I will pass on the Prequel-era troopers set for sure. The Imperial Pilots set is interesting, if only for the TIE Pilot, which looks stellar. The Rebel Pilots III, well, I already have a LOT of Rebel Pilots. The A-Wing Pilot from the set looks great; the rest, meh.

Guess I'll have to wait to see them in person. May have to buy them for the figures I want, then sell or trade the others off.

pbarnard
09-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I think I'll pick up the prequal troopers, the Rebel Pilots, the Plor/Dlrr and the Storm Commando comic packs. The Imp Pilots is an easy pass for me, since I am in different about TIE Pilots/have enough already for each TIE I own. My complaing is that the Fi Skirata is wearing white, not black armor. So this must be from the first novel, not the later ones where Omegas always wore black.

DarkArtist
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
i just hope the Walmart by me carries the sets. i know in the past the comic pack have been very scarce and the droid factories even harder to find. really want the Evolutions sets.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Someone on GalacticHunter already got the Evolutions sets, so they're out there. I haven't seen any of these yet, though.

Darth Jax
09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
doubt that i'll get them. my walmart has older SW stock than TRU and still hasn't shown any interest in stocking ROC Joe toys.

elvandrik
09-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Someone on GalacticHunter already got the Evolutions sets, so they're out there. I haven't seen any of these yet, though.

I just bought the Imperial and Rebel pilots evolutions sets at WalMart today in Omaha.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Last I looked, the Wal-Mart here still had plenty of comic packs, so I don't think there would be much room for new ones. I'd like to be able to get them, though. I found all the other Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs except for the one with Bail and Obi-Wan and the twins.

I also definitely want the evolutions sets.

Old Fossil
09-02-2009, 07:49 AM
I just bought the Imperial and Rebel pilots evolutions sets at WalMart today in Omaha.

Care to post your thoughts/reviews? I am very curious.

El Chuxter
09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I need two of the four GIJoe 2-packs. Aside from the mere necessity of having another Night Creeper and Monkeywrench (however hideously kitbashed), I've got big plans for a lot of parts from the Shockwave and Tunnel Rat they come with.

pbarnard
09-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I need two of the four GIJoe 2-packs. Aside from the mere necessity of having another Night Creeper and Monkeywrench (however hideously kitbashed), I've got big plans for a lot of parts from the Shockwave and Tunnel Rat they come with.

T-Rat/Monkeywrench were still available online.

If they're in Omaha, soon they'll trickle down to Iowa City. Course, that's hope, soon that will lead to despair...and than suffering.

pbarnard
09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, I got to go home because our washer is being serviced. So I had an hour and half based on the estimate and just got back from Wal-mart. Picked up a Rebel and Clone Evolutions pack. They weren't in the computer. I said the price was 21.99, but they gave them to me for 19.99.

DarkJedi5
09-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds like lots of people are finding these... has anyone struck out? I may have to plan a trip some time very soon.

mtriv73
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I picked up all 3 sets last night in Maryland. It looked like they'd been there for a few days. Maybe they're making their way east to west like the comic packs did last year.

clone157
09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Saw these last night. They have a "do not put on shelf until" warning posted on the case. I believe the date was for 9-11. I bought the Commandos set, but they didn't come up at the register. When asked, I said 15.96, but I now hear they are supposed to be a dollar cheaper. They also had the screen scene 2-packs for the Animated line, so I picked up one of those at 12.97. I bet there's a set up coming for one of the racks at the front of the toy aisles.

Old Fossil
09-04-2009, 08:21 AM
I noticed from the pics up at GH that the TIE Pilot has a couple of gray stripes running down the front of his helmet. What is this supposed to be? I don't recall the OT TIE Pilots having any helmet decor aside from the Imperial insignia.

Just looks wrong.

vger
09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I noticed from the pics up at GH that the TIE Pilot has a couple of gray stripes running down the front of his helmet. What is this supposed to be? I don't recall the OT TIE Pilots having any helmet decor aside from the Imperial insignia.

Just looks wrong.

I think this TIE pilot's supposed to be an ace with the stripes signifying that on his helmet. I would have rather seen a regular TIE pilot without the stripes instead of Biggs in the first Imperial Pilots evolution set (he could have been in a comic pack), then I wouldn't mind this one as much.

DarkJedi5
09-04-2009, 11:09 AM

Just looks wrong.

This was taken from the thread on the Walmart Evo sets (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40654) themselves.

JediDefender has some new pics of the new figs in the evo sets... http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1248070707,70244, but how come I never noticed the blue tearstreaks on the TIE pilot? What is that? It looks so stupid!

I was actually pretty excited about that! It's accurate to one of the pilots in ANH, who (I think) flies by Vader's side.

Okay, I was/am a huge nerd and collected all the Decipher cards and so I knew the "names" of the guys you describe and from the photos of DS-61-3 it's hard to tell but you may be right (see photo below). If so, that's cool but I always just thought it was the lighting (the other pilot, DS-61-2 has similarly shaded blue areas in stills but they are much more likely to be light reflection than paint on the helmet). Also, I really wanted to army build these and that would be way better with the all black face plates.

DarkArtist
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
just picked up all 3 Evo sets tonight. the figures look great. can't wait to add the Rebel Pilots to my future Rebel Hanger diorama.....

i love Alpha Arc and the Storm Commando and the Republic Gunship Clones helmet looks awesome.

FundingMyAddiction
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm very much on the fence regarding the Evolutions sets. I will pass on the Prequel-era troopers set for sure. The Imperial Pilots set is interesting, if only for the TIE Pilot, which looks stellar. The Rebel Pilots III, well, I already have a LOT of Rebel Pilots. The A-Wing Pilot from the set looks great; the rest, meh.

That's funny. I was thinking about buying another of the Imperial Pilots Evolutions sets just to have two of the other two pilots. The TIE Pilot is the only one in the entire set that I'm not interested in at all, let alone having two of him.

Well, I got to go home because our washer is being serviced. So I had an hour and half based on the estimate and just got back from Wal-mart. Picked up a Rebel and Clone Evolutions pack. They weren't in the computer. I said the price was 21.99, but they gave them to me for 19.99.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that ran into this trouble. The Evolutions were all sitting out on the shelf so I snagged the ones I wanted. I saw some other sealed boxes sitting in the middle of the aisle and I recognized the "Screen Scenes" one. I opened that up and got the set of 2. During checkout, the Screen Scenes rang up fine (even though they weren't even out on the shelves), and the Evolutions weren't in the system at all. I had no idea what the price was supposed to be so I just let her put in what she thought was fair. I ended up getting each Evolutions pack for $15.99.

Saw these last night. They have a "do not put on shelf until" warning posted on the case. I believe the date was for 9-11. I bought the Commandos set, but they didn't come up at the register. When asked, I said 15.96, but I now hear they are supposed to be a dollar cheaper. They also had the screen scene 2-packs for the Animated line, so I picked up one of those at 12.97. I bet there's a set up coming for one of the racks at the front of the toy aisles.

Wal-Mart gets more and more "impressive" every day. Obviously a ton of stores have set out these Evolutions sets, yet they're not in the system and there's a shelf date warning on the box. Not that I'm complaining. I got them early and I got them for relatively cheap. But it's a bit disconcerting with all of the exclusives that some of them don't make it out on the shelf until weeks after they're supposed to be there and some make it out way too early.

jonthejedi
09-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Same experience at my local WalMart...screen scenes rang up, EVO didn't. I tried to remember the last price I paid-21.79. I ended up being 3 cents off. I wanted to be honest, because the way my luck has been lately...I was afraid I'd get caught if I said 9.99@. I abso love the Republic gunship pilot. The helmet is wicked.

bigbarada
09-05-2009, 11:04 AM

Just looks wrong.

All of the close up shots of TIE Pilots in ANH (and even one shot in ROTJ) had the grey stripes running down the front of the helmet. In fact, the only time we see the helmets without the stripes is in production photos.

If not for the stupid Jango-head underneath, this would be the most screen accurate TIE Fighter Pilot figure to date.

morpheus282
09-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Haven't seen any in the Knoxville area yet. We probably have the only Wal-Marts with employees who pay attention to the "do not stock before" date.

TheDarthVader
09-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I will be on the hunt for one rebel pilots evolutions pack. That pack looks killer.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-05-2009, 02:51 PM
If not for the stupid Jango-head underneath, this would be the most screen accurate TIE Fighter Pilot figure to date.
Since we never see them with their helmets off, then it doesn't really matter what head they put underneath it.

Old Fossil
09-05-2009, 03:51 PM
All of the close up shots of TIE Pilots in ANH (and even one shot in ROTJ) had the grey stripes running down the front of the helmet. In fact, the only time we see the helmets without the stripes is in production photos.

You gotta be kidding me. So the vintage, POTF2, and Saga versions are all based on production photos, not actual stills from the films???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-05-2009, 04:59 PM
You gotta be kidding me. So the vintage, POTF2, and Saga versions are all based on production photos, not actual stills from the films???
Bigbarada might know better than I do, but since he said "close-up shots," I assume that the pilots running through the Death Star and elsewhere do not have the stripes. So, the other figures are still fine for those guys.

I only ever thought that one guy had the stripes. Oh darn, I might have to check the film again. :D

bigbarada
09-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I forgot about the close up shot of the TIE Pilots running by just as Luke is carrying Vader to the escape shuttle in ROTJ; but that shot is so fleeting.

What I'm referring to is the close up shots of the TIE Pilots inside the TIE cockpit, not the stuff of them inside the Death Star. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about.

bigbarada
09-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Since we never see them with their helmets off, then it doesn't really matter what head they put underneath it.

Exactly why it bugs me so much. We never see them take their helmets off, so why should Hasbro make the TIE Pilot with a squishy, easily warped, soft-plastic removable helmet when it's not necessary for screen accuracy? They do a much better job with the non-removable helmets.

Old Fossil
09-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Exactly why it bugs me so much. We never see them take their helmets off, so why should Hasbro make the TIE Pilot with a squishy, easily warped, soft-plastic removable helmet when it's not necessary for screen accuracy? They do a much better job with the non-removable helmets.

Ditto for the AT-AT Driver. They could just reissue the Saga version in the Legends line, and that'd be fine by me.

And thanks for that great pic, BigB. The stripe is there, plain as day.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Today I got all the current Walmart exclusives - Ambush two-packs, Octuptarra, and Evolutions sets.

The Ambush packs are pretty cool - the clones are good, and Yoda is a lighter shade than the basic release, meaning someone at Hasbro finally realized that Yoda isn't as dark as they've been painting him for years (hopefully we'll get a lighter movie one now). Now I'll pass on the basic releases of Thire and Jek. Rys's backpack is a little bit ill-fitting but not horrible. If you liked that episode, I'd say get these.

The Octuptarra is just incredible. It's WAY bigger than I expected! It's $35, so that might take away some of its awesomeness. It's similar to the Tri-Droid but more than just an upscaling - everything here feels a lot sturdier, and the construction is different. It's pretty amazing.

The Evolutions sets didn't scan at first, as I've been hearing. After a few minutes of checking, etc., I got them for $20 each. They're all quite nice - if you have the older sets, you know what to expect. The pictures on the Rebel Pilots set are weird (not sure why they used Arvel Crynyd for Jake Farrell), but the figures themselves are all nice. The TIE Pilot is really, really nice. The removable helmet is hardly rubbery at all - only really when you try to squeeze it does it change its shape. The fact that it's removable allows a much greater range of movement and accuracy, so I think it's worth getting (though I'm pretty sure he'll be the one coming in future TIE Fighter releases). The other clones are cool too. The Commando pack feels a little unnecessary since I barely know these characters but it looks good.

After using a Clone Cash coupon, it was around $126 . . . then I went to Target and got Wedge's X-wing. It's been an expensive day.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Didn't see any of these today. Getting down to virtually nothing left of the old card basic figures. Plenty of new card Clones Wars and a few new card Saga Legends. The comic pack pegs are still full, so no room to put any new ones out.

Maerj2000
09-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Today I got all the current Walmart exclusives - Ambush two-packs, Octuptarra, and Evolutions sets.

The Ambush packs are pretty cool - the clones are good, and Yoda is a lighter shade than the basic release, meaning someone at Hasbro finally realized that Yoda isn't as dark as they've been painting him for years (hopefully we'll get a lighter movie one now). Now I'll pass on the basic releases of Thire and Jek. Rys's backpack is a little bit ill-fitting but not horrible. If you liked that episode, I'd say get these.

The Octuptarra is just incredible. It's WAY bigger than I expected! It's $35, so that might take away some of its awesomeness. It's similar to the Tri-Droid but more than just an upscaling - everything here feels a lot sturdier, and the construction is different. It's pretty amazing.

The Evolutions sets didn't scan at first, as I've been hearing. After a few minutes of checking, etc., I got them for $20 each. They're all quite nice - if you have the older sets, you know what to expect. The pictures on the Rebel Pilots set are weird (not sure why they used Arvel Crynyd for Jake Farrell), but the figures themselves are all nice. The TIE Pilot is really, really nice. The removable helmet is hardly rubbery at all - only really when you try to squeeze it does it change its shape. The fact that it's removable allows a much greater range of movement and accuracy, so I think it's worth getting (though I'm pretty sure he'll be the one coming in future TIE Fighter releases). The other clones are cool too. The Commando pack feels a little unnecessary since I barely know these characters but it looks good.

After using a Clone Cash coupon, it was around $126 . . . then I went to Target and got Wedge's X-wing. It's been an expensive day.

I went to 4 Wal Marts this weekend. I saw the Evolution Sets at 2 of them, the Clone two packs at two of them and NO Octuptara Droids. I hope they get those around here soon, I really want one of those. There are so many exclusives, its really hard to keep up with them all.

DarkJedi5
09-07-2009, 01:43 AM
All I could find was one Octo-droid on the shelves. I bought it but I really really really wanted the evo sets. It will probably have to wait until next weekend since the nearest Walmart is like 15 miles away, on the other side of a toll bridge and not having a car can put a real damper on that those kind of trips....

Old Fossil
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Found all three sets at WM today, but only bought the Rebel Pilots set (haven't opened it yet). They all looked nice, though, and I may end up getting the Imperial Pilot set just for the TIE Pilot alone.

They were priced $15, and were stickered as such on the display box. They were not with the other Star Wars merchandise, but were instead in a kind of "catch-all" section of stuff that included some clearance items (including last year's A-Wing) from all the toy sections.

Maerj2000
09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Found all three sets at WM today, but only bought the Rebel Pilots set (haven't opened it yet). They all looked nice, though, and I may end up getting the Imperial Pilot set just for the TIE Pilot alone.

They were priced $15, and were stickered as such on the display box. They were not with the other Star Wars merchandise, but were instead in a kind of "catch-all" section of stuff that included some clearance items (including last year's A-Wing) from all the toy sections.

$15??? You don't live anywhere near PA do you? They were $25 each here.

Old Fossil
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
$15??? You don't live anywhere near PA do you? They were $25 each here.

Nope, I'm in the great state o' Mississippi. I do have a cousin that turned Yankee, though, and lives somewhere in PA...lol

DarkJedi5
09-08-2009, 09:23 PM

Holy crap! How much are Battle Packs in Mississippi? Here in the great state of California Battle Packs are $28 before tax! I haven't even seen the exclusive evo sets yet....

Old Fossil
09-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Battle Packs are the usual $24. I suspect those Evo. sets will change in price at some point... seems as though stores are having to set the prices for these themselves, until a price standard is determined at corporate.

Old Fossil
09-09-2009, 08:05 AM
So I opened up the Rebel Pilots Series III Evolutions set this morning. I am pleased with it, though that may be in part because of the good deal I got on it. Still, they are nice figures that use the best available sculpts. A-Wing pilot Jake Farrell is my favorite, tough his helmet seems slightly oversized. Shira Brie and Red Four are suitable as background fodder. Brie's helmet is a bit plain.

The set includes four blaster pistols: two "Han Solo" -type pistols, and two I don't recall seeing before: a Luger-type and a snub-nosed. Why they included four pistols for three figures is odd, unless it is because Brie has a holster to carry the extra.

Blue2th
09-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Managed to get 2 Build a Droid packs at Walmart for $9 a piece. Guess I missed the clearance sale. The Grievous and Anakin 2-pks were the only ones left.

I can at least take the cloth cape off this rehash Grievous and put it on my newer taller Grievous, so that's a little more value.

The Anakin is pretty much a waste for me, as I bought multiples of the Comic pack with the excellent Assassin Droids.

When I get a little more cash, I'll get the other 3 at full pop at another Walmart if I have to.

Saw an end cap full of the Otuptarra Droid, and the shelves full of Evolutions sets.

Old Fossil
09-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I watched as the toy dept. manager (a cool guy) corrected the price on the Evolutions to $24.95. He said $15 was their cost; only two sold at that price, so I seriously doubt they're gonna fly off the shelves at the regular pricepoint.

Still, he could not tell me when those accursed A-Wings from last year were going to be marked down. I want one of those accursed A-Wings, curse them.

pbarnard
09-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Yesterday I watched as the toy dept. manager (a cool guy) corrected the price on the Evolutions to $24.95. He said $15 was their cost; only two sold at that price, so I seriously doubt they're gonna fly off the shelves at the regular pricepoint.

Cool, well that's the price I quoted when I tried to buy them. I'm really happy that the cashier gave them to me for $19.

Darth Metalmute
09-11-2009, 10:32 AM
I went to 4 Wal Marts this weekend. I saw the Evolution Sets at 2 of them, the Clone two packs at two of them and NO Octuptara Droids. I hope they get those around here soon, I really want one of those. There are so many exclusives, its really hard to keep up with them all.

The Octuptara Driods are online. You can get them ship to site for free.

bigbarada
09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Any signs of the new AT-ST yet? Why does it seem like so many people over on RS already own one?:upset:

DarkArtist
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM

Still, he could not tell me when those accursed A-Wings from last year were going to be marked down. I want one of those accursed A-Wings, curse them.

wow. wish i caught that $15 dollar price point... mine all rang up for the $24.95 price tag....

no A-Wings left at the walmarts by me.......

Darth Metalmute
09-11-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't think I ever saw the A-Wing at the one near me. Haven't been back recently though.

El Chuxter
09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Funny, it seems everyone is either in the "I never saw the A-Wings" or "Those stupid A-Wings are still gathering dust" camps.

mtriv73
09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Funny, it seems everyone is either in the "I never saw the A-Wings" or "Those stupid A-Wings are still gathering dust" camps.

Because they apparently shipped all 20,000 or so of them to about 6 stores. Wal-mart isn't great at handling exclusives.

Maerj2000
09-11-2009, 03:40 PM
The Octuptara Driods are online. You can get them ship to site for free.

Thanks, I just visited our local Wal Mart and they had about 7 of them. 6 of them now... :thumbsup:

morpheus282
09-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Any signs of the new AT-ST yet? Why does it seem like so many people over on RS already own one?:upset:

That's what I'm after. I saw the evolutions three packs last night and almost bought the rebel pilot set, but I chickened out at the last minute. The only one I really want is Shira, John D. is pretty good, but I just don't see spending $25 when I don't want the full set.

Now if only that AT-ST would show up...

Darth Cruel
09-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I was happy to find the three evolution sets for 12.96 at Wal-Mart the other day. I am certain the price was a mistake. I alerted a few buddies to the deal and they got some as well.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I found the Octuptarra Droid today. Almost missed them as they were on an end cap. Still no Evolutions or Comic Packs. I did find a couple battle packs there that weren't exclusives - Geonosian Assault and Ambush on the Vulture's Claw.

morpheus282
09-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I was happy to find the three evolution sets for 12.96 at Wal-Mart the other day. I am certain the price was a mistake. I alerted a few buddies to the deal and they got some as well.

The only Wal-Mart I've found the evolutions at was priced at $25. I'm probably going to pass on them, but at $12 I'd buy all three - possibly multiples of the trooper packs.

clone157
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Yep, I went down south yesterday, and I am so upset that I couldn't afford the evo packs when they were not in the system. $25 is just too much when the figures are not new. The sculpts are mostly rehashes with few new parts or direct repaints, so why the $5 markup? That said, I still want them. I saw the A-wings, back during Christmas, but once again I passed because of the cost. I hope those ships do go on clearance. If so, maybe some one could pick one up for me? :twisted:

El Chuxter
10-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I've seen the Evolutions sets as of today. The one set is a no-brainer pass, with only TIE Pilot #4,788,253,758,758,572 being even a possibility, and I don't need it with the Jango head. The Rebel Pilots set is not bad, but not great; do I really want three more generic pilots, even if one is a girl? (Shira Brie does not exist in my EU, so there's no significance to her.) The Clone Commandos is, oddly, the only one with a really tempting figure. Anyone want the Clone Commando and ARC Trooper and not want the Storm Commando?

bigbarada
10-02-2009, 01:08 AM
I've seen the Evolutions sets as of today. The one set is a no-brainer pass, with only TIE Pilot #4,788,253,758,758,572 being even a possibility, and I don't need it with the Jango head. The Rebel Pilots set is not bad, but not great; do I really want three more generic pilots, even if one is a girl? (Shira Brie does not exist in my EU, so there's no significance to her.) The Clone Commandos is, oddly, the only one with a really tempting figure. Anyone want the Clone Commando and ARC Trooper and not want the Storm Commando?

Can't help you with the Evolutions sets, but are there still A-Wings sitting around at your Wal-Mart? I might have you pick one up for me.

El Chuxter
10-02-2009, 02:01 AM
No... I saw some a few weeks or so ago at a WM in a nearby town, but I haven't been out that way since. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

DarkJedi5
10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Speaking of Walmart exclusives, according to the cards at Comic Con, yesterday marked the release of the new AT-ST. Anybody spot that one yet?

Old Fossil
10-02-2009, 10:57 AM
There are none for sale at present on Ebay, which is a pretty good measure of an item's availability.

morpheus282
10-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting the AT-ST as well. I still haven't seen the Octuptarra in the wild yet, so it may be Christmas before the AT-ST shows up in my area.

Update: checked the local WM at lunch, TPM wave was on the shelf but nothing newer. Still no Octuptarra and definately no AT-ST.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Finally found some Evolutions sets today, but didn't see the Clone Commando ones. They were on an end cap on the next aisle.

morpheus282
10-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I was at my least favorite Wal-Mart today, nothing new as far as figures go but I did see my first Octuptarra. Didn't get it as $35 is a little more than I was looking to spend today unless I'd found the AT-ST.

djsosharp
10-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Nothing to do with exclusives, but I was surprised to see these two sights in Wal-Mart "clearance" and/or junk aisles. For some reason they've just got them hidden away but with no reduction in price. If they cut them even 30-40% I'd probably buy most of them myself. Oh well.

bigbarada
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Nothing to do with exclusives, but I was surprised to see these two sights in Wal-Mart "clearance" and/or junk aisles. For some reason they've just got them hidden away but with no reduction in price. If they cut them even 30-40% I'd probably buy most of them myself. Oh well.

My Wal-Mart put out all of the new 2009 Droid Factory sets and, within a week, they were all in the clearance aisle, but the price was still $17.:rolleyes:

Old Fossil
10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
The "clearance" aisle at my Wal-Mart has Evolutions, A-Wings, and Turbo Tanks, all at full price.:rolleyes:

Blue2th
10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Bought the rest of the Droid Factory set with Maul, Boba and Corran Horn and their droids today at $13 a piece.
I wanted a better price like the first two I bought at $9, but that's probably as good a price as I'm going to get as they are getting thin around here.

Ok this exclusive down, on to the next one.

morpheus282
10-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Droid factory has been long gone in my area. Finally found something new at my local Wal-Mart - repack Luke stormtrooper w/ L8-L9 torso. If I don't find something I would actually like to buy soon.... :crazed:

El Chuxter
10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
An entire case-worth of Evolutions sets vanished overnight. Odd. I've known for a while there are scalpers working at this WM, so I have this insane feeling I know where those went, as did the dozen or so Droid Factory sets that vanished overnight several weeks ago.

morpheus282
10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Just checked Wal-Mart again, still no AT-ST, still the same figures that have been on the pegs for the last six weeks... And I do mean the same figures, I don't think one figure has sold or been stocked for the last six weeks.

Val Da Car
10-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Walmart Fun for me.

The current long standing WM had to send it's staff to one opening 10 miles south to merch and work the toy aisle.

All of the toys are in semi sized storage bins so a handtruck's worth of merch makes it onto the sales floor every 2 day.

People asking for ju ju (or whatever it's called) the hamster keep tieing up the store's toy staff.

So I feel your pain. But I have found a random smattering of Titanium/Legacy stuff 3x in the past four weeks.

morpheus282
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Another weekend come and gone, still no new figures at every Wal-Mart that I check on both a frequent and infrequent basis, still no AT-ST.

Old Fossil
10-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Another weekend come and gone, still no new figures at every Wal-Mart that I check on both a frequent and infrequent basis, still no AT-ST.

I have not seen it either, nor have I seen the Dewback. Might be a little closer to Black Friday before they show up.

DarkArtist
10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm worried about the lack of new figure sightings in Walmart as well as the lack of evidence of the AT-ST. really want about 2 of the AT-ST and looking forward to getting the ANH and ROTS waves once they hit retail. looks like both waves are pegged as coming soon on HTS.

pbarnard
10-19-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm worried about the lack of new figure sightings in Walmart as well as the lack of evidence of the AT-ST.

Can't worry about the AT-ST's till I see new figures...which I haven't since this spring. So join the club, patience is for the Jedi maybe, but not the collector.

JEDIpartner
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I still haven't seen the Octuptarra in the wild yet, so it may be Christmas before the AT-ST shows up in my area.

I've seen that, but I cannot justify $35 for that vehicle no matter how cool it looks!!! :cry:

You can get the entire first season of Clone Wars on DVD from Amazon.com for less money... including shipping!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't think anybody has found the AT-ST yet, have they? So why are people so worried about it?

DarkJedi5
10-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't think anybody has found the AT-ST yet, have they? So why are people so worried about it?

I believe the concern about the AT-ST stems from the fact that the cards at Comic-Con said it would be released 10/1. Yes, that should be taken with a rather large grain of salt but because the Octuparra droid hit so close to it's anticipated release date, people (myself included) were really hoping the AT-ST would hit then too. The concern is that the AT-ST is being delayed because of slow sales and so the Dewback which is "supposed" to hit 11/1. Not to mention the other Walmart comic packs that were "supposed" to hit over a month ago. I was hoping to see all of these in time for the holidays (earlier the better because it's a pain to track down new product after the Black Friday rush begins) but the way things are being delayed I may not see this stuff until next year.

pbarnard
10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I think there should be concern on any new Star Wars product if you're dealing with a Walmart(s) like the one(s) I have to deal with: never saw the ESB wave or anything later. Only new things have been Clone Wars, and Saga Legends are slowly but surely becoming red carded (there's still blues hanging around). The comic packs are nothing but Leia/Xizor's (which says all the rest were decent/desirable). Droid Factory find was a fluke (or at least I'm chalking it up to that).

And locally the same goes for Target and TRU.

morpheus282
10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I've missed several Wal-Mart exclusives that never showed up at my local stores. By keeping the AT-ST topic hot, I'll at least know when/if someone else finds it.

There's also my chronic lack of patience to blame. I'd really like to get my hands on the AT-ST and the dewback, more so than anything else that was displayed at Comic Con.

darthbooger
10-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Theres one on ebay now but its in Singapore and they want $99.99 for it. Oh well, at least that means they are most likely on a boat and headed here.....well maybe anyway...unless Godzilla wakes up....:crazed:

morpheus282
10-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Please - no hurricanes, Somalian pirates, or sea monsters!

elvandrik
10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I would totally die laughing if a bunch of Somali pirates hijacked a boatload of Star Wars figures. They do say that truth is often stranger than fiction.......

darthbooger
10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
I would totally freak out if I was a captain of a hijacked boat that had to worry about Hasbro paying my ransom to Somali pirates :ninja::crazed::ninja:

DarkArtist
10-20-2009, 02:36 PM
hey even pirates play with figures from the Galaxy far far away... lollol:plol:plol

darthbooger
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah but its the head shrinking hobby they have that worries me :eek::Pirate::Par:

clone157
10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Didn't a big shipment of Mcfarlane Toys sink en route from Singapore a few years back? We need SW figures to battle them for the title of Mightiest Toy Line of the Sea!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-20-2009, 11:33 PM
20,000 Figures Under the Sea!

darthbooger
10-21-2009, 12:17 AM
good grief....all this because of a lame godzilla joke.....:tired:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2009, 03:03 PM
So, were the Commando Evolutions packed in with the Rebel and Imperial Pilots? The Wal-Mart here has plenty of the pilots, but I haven't seen the commandos. I'll be looking again today, and probably get a chance to check out a different Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Old Fossil
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
So, were the Commando Evolutions packed in with the Rebel and Imperial Pilots? The Wal-Mart here has plenty of the pilots, but I haven't seen the commandos. I'll be looking again today, and probably get a chance to check out a different Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Yeah. As far as I could tell, they were packed in equal numbers. Maybe someone in your area is army-building...?:bandit:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
I think there were 7 Rebel and 5 Imperial sets there today, but still no Commandos. I'll drive south a bit tomorrow. I guess there is a new Wal-Mart Supercenter in Mt. Vernon that I've never been to.

morpheus282
10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
I checked two Wal-Marts in the last two days, found one Boba Fett droid factory pack - not clearanced. Other than that, nothing at all. Still the same CW figures and some of the ESB wave. All the evolutions packs have disappeared as well.

I actually broke down and bought a GI Joe Snake Eyes figure. I'm not quite sure why yet, but I think it was due to a lack of new Star Wars toys coupled with the wolf and katana accessories.

jonthejedi
10-22-2009, 04:52 AM
When is the dewback set due to appear? Has anyone found at retail?

morpheus282
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
I saw a dewback on eBay, but nothing in store yet. If that's an indicator of the items shipping to stores, both the dewback and AT-ST should be arriving about the same time.

DarkJedi5
10-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I saw a dewback on eBay, but nothing in store yet. If that's an indicator of the items shipping to stores, both the dewback and AT-ST should be arriving about the same time.

Well, the Comic Con tags said they ought to be a month apart (AT-ST 10/1, Dewback 11/1) but the AT-ST was also supposed to be a month behind the Octuptarra droid, so.... I'm sure we'll see the AT-ST by the holidays but the Dewback might have to wait since the shelves may be too crowded to get that much exclusive product out at that time of year.

morpheus282
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
That's what endcaps are for. :pleased:

Bosskman
10-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I picket up 2 AT-ST here in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. Walmart here never getas exclusive vehicles but they had a few dozen AT-STs this morning. It's a sweet vehicle that's for true. Hopefully this means I'll be getting a dewback soon too.

morpheus282
10-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Finally! A confirmed sighting! Now if a few shipments will just make it down Tennessee way...

Darth Metalmute
10-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Saw my first Oct. droid today. No AT-ST.
I'm glad that they included the Scout Trooper in the TPM wave, otherwise I would never have known that we got that wave here.

bigbarada
10-24-2009, 06:47 PM
We have a ton of Octuparra droids at my Wal-Mart and they've been sitting there for a couple of weeks now. Seriously, there are about 10-15 of them just sitting on the shelves, they've maybe sold two.

El Chuxter
10-24-2009, 06:51 PM
It's a cool toy. They showed it at Comic-Con, and, if I collected prequel vehicles anymore, I'd be all over that like pre-teen girls on a Jonas brother.

morpheus282
10-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Two Wal-Marts in two days and still nothing new. They're still sitting on the same carded figures that have been warming the pegs for three months (or a month if you're talking CW). One has absolutely no evolutions left, the other has 5+ cases worth. The newest non-animated figures on the shelf are the ESB wave. Looking pretty grim for the AT-ST before black Friday in these parts.

sebillba
10-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Finally! A confirmed sighting! Now if a few shipments will just make it down Tennessee way...

I thought I saw an AT-ST a few weeks ago over here at TRU, but didn't post as I wasn't sure... I don't collect vehicles, so didn't take too much notice, and it wasn't till later I realised the buzz around it. Well today was the first time I've been back since, and I can confirm it's definitely the Legacy AT-ST.... but at 49.99, I can see why I ignored it last time.

Strange how we sometimes get vehicles before you guys (the A-Wing also springs to mind, and, I think, Wedge's X-Wing), but we're about a year behind on the figures! The only TLC figs I saw today were masses of Yarnas (obviously no cull here) and a couple of Ak-Revs. :rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Never found the rebel pilots evolutions 3 set so I decided to buy the two guys that i wanted on ebay. I got Jake Farrell and John Brannon for $20 shipped to me. I didn't want the other pilot chick so I feel like I got a good deal. My wal-marts suck as far as exclusives go. I hardly ever see any wal mart exclusives anymore.

sonofsokol
10-28-2009, 01:25 AM
The Walmart I went to the other day had the Octuptarra Droid on the clearance shelves for $10!!! I thought I was getting a deal when I got it for $25 a few weeks ago. If I could only find the receipt...

No AT-STs or Dewbacks here yet.

morpheus282
10-28-2009, 06:48 AM
AT $10, I'd buy at least two and maybe more. $35 is just a liitle too high on this one for my taste.

jonthejedi
10-30-2009, 04:49 PM
My collector friend found the Dewback patrol exclusive at the Port Covington WalMart outside Baltimore. Really nice set except for the sandtrooper not being dirty deco'ed.

Old Fossil
10-30-2009, 05:09 PM
My collector friend found the Dewback patrol exclusive at the Port Covington WalMart outside Baltimore.

Awesomeness! Can't wait to see this one in person, myself.:love:

Really nice set except for the sandtrooper not being dirty deco'ed.

That's why they ride, man, to keep it clean.:D

morpheus282
10-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Three Wal-Mart runs in four days and nothing new yet. Have to go back tonight for last minute Halloween stuff, maybe I'll get lucky.

And maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt. :D

jonthejedi
10-31-2009, 05:54 AM
I found dewback sightings on another site in Ohio & Buffalo, NY...so they must be starting to hit wide. Anybody else have luck???

mtriv73
10-31-2009, 03:15 PM
There are some on E-bay available from NJ, KY and IL. It looks like the right coast gets this one first.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2009, 06:04 PM
I made a trip to the new Wal-Mart supercenter in Mt. Vernon, but forgot to look for the Evolutions sets. Didn't notice any AT-ST's or Dewbacks either.

sith_killer_99
10-31-2009, 11:23 PM
I would totally freak out if I was a captain of a hijacked boat that had to worry about Hasbro paying my ransom to Somali pirates :ninja::crazed::ninja:

No need, the pirates could just list 'em on ebay and make more money than Hasbro would have ever paid out.:laugh:

sith_killer_99
10-31-2009, 11:31 PM
YIKES, the Wal-Mart Dewback is going for like $50.00 on Ebay, what's the MSRP on that sucker?!?!

DarkJedi5
10-31-2009, 11:53 PM
YIKES, the Wal-Mart Dewback is going for like $50.00 on Ebay, what's the MSRP on that sucker?!?!

Yeah, stay away from eBay on this and the AT-ST, msrp for the Dewback is $29.99 and the walker is $39.99. On eBay the Dewback is usually in the $50s and some etailers list the AT-ST at $90! What a rip....

El Chuxter
11-01-2009, 12:47 AM
$50 for a pre-release eBay Dewback doesn't seem too high, given the typical markup on such things. It's not even double retail.

jedibear
11-01-2009, 08:44 AM
we have them at our local WM (I'm shocked to say the least)...they are $30 each retail.

JEDIpartner
11-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I found dewback sightings on another site in Ohio & Buffalo, NY...so they must be starting to hit wide. Anybody else have luck???

I haven't seen that yet. I saw one Octupturra droid at a W*M yesterday and it was in with the other vehicles with the $24.97 tag. I wonder if they would've given it to me for that price since it was the only one and on that shelf!!

morpheus282
11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Wal-Mart used to have a policy that you got $3 back if something scanned wrong, but that was repealed a couple of years ago. I got the original commander Cody for about $2.50 because of that. Since they won't hold their own system accountable for making sure the price is correct, I don't see them selling the Octupturra for $25 until it's been officially clearanced no matter which shelf it's on.

bigbarada
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM

I found a couple of Dewbacks at the Wal-Mart in Litchfield, IL. I picked one up, but there is still one left for anyone in the area who might want it. The price on my receipt says $29.88.

sonofsokol
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I haven't seen that yet. I saw one Octupturra droid at a W*M yesterday and it was in with the other vehicles with the $24.97 tag. I wonder if they would've given it to me for that price since it was the only one and on that shelf!!

Wal-Mart used to have a policy that you got $3 back if something scanned wrong, but that was repealed a couple of years ago. I got the original commander Cody for about $2.50 because of that. Since they won't hold their own system accountable for making sure the price is correct, I don't see them selling the Octupturra for $25 until it's been officially clearanced no matter which shelf it's on.

I bought an Octapturra on clearance for $25 at Wally World on 10-07-2009. My post for the Clone Wars section is below:

I just picked up the Octuptarra Droid at my local Walmart in the clearance section for $25!!!
I had not planned on buying one, but at nearly 30% off I just couldn't pass it up. They must have had 6 or so all piled up in the clearance area, which shocked me because up until then I hadn't even seen them at this location.
Sweet Deal

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or in the Walmart Exclusive thread in the Legacy section... I figure most people will see it either way.

I was there a few weeks later and they had them reduced to $10 on the clearance shelf... They had about a dozen of them.

morpheus282
11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Hit two Wal-Marts today, #1 had absolutely nothing. No end caps, no figures since the July Legacy and August CW releases, nothing.

# 2 also had no new figures and I didn't see any Evolutions battle packs, but the did have four dewbacks. When I left they were down to three. :D

DarkArtist
11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
walmarts by me are still bare with exclusives....abundance of the Octo Droid and the Evolutions (still full price :upset::upset:) but no signs of the AT-ST or the Dewback.

i'm hoping that the AT-ST shows up soon....really want 2 of those.

mark2d2
11-01-2009, 07:36 PM
The Dewback is just drool worthy...can't wait to find this guy....

jonthejedi
11-02-2009, 04:49 AM
It truly is one of my favorite pieces Hasbro's done in the last 2 years. It has a nice weight, too, once it's freed from the box. Nice to see the trooper with a new weapon.

morpheus282
11-02-2009, 07:14 AM
Am I the only one that finds it odd that we're still waiting on the AT-ST and a lot of us haven't seen any new single figures for months, but the dewback seems to be hitting right on schedule?

darthbooger
11-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Thats because when your a retail giant your orders for exclusives show up on time :laugh: Save more. Live better at Wally!

DarkJedi5
11-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I still want to know why the trooper in this set is clean. I mean, not even a little dirty...?

darthbooger
11-02-2009, 10:03 AM
It would have cost $35.00 for a dirty version :thumbsup:

dindae
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I went out Halloween late and found the Dewback. I was a little disappointed after opening it. The Dewback itself looks great but even though they added ankle articualtion it seems very static. The range of motion on the head is minimal. The trooper doesn't really sit too well on the back. But once you get it the way you want and sit it on a shelf it looks good so i'm not too disappointed.

bigbarada
11-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I still want to know why the trooper in this set is clean. I mean, not even a little dirty...?

I seem to remember Hasbro addressing this not too long ago. I guess the factories in China raised their prices and the weathered paint applications suddenly became cost prohibitive. Which is supposedly why hardly anything seems to be getting dirty paint jobs anymore.

Personally, I prefer it this way. If you want your Sandtroopers to be dirty, then go buy some craft paint and do it yourself.

bigbarada
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I went out Halloween late and found the Dewback. I was a little disappointed after opening it. The Dewback itself looks great but even though they added ankle articualtion it seems very static. The range of motion on the head is minimal. The trooper doesn't really sit too well on the back. But once you get it the way you want and sit it on a shelf it looks good so i'm not too disappointed.

Well, I was able to get my Dewback into a standing pose AND a walking pose. That's already twice as many poses possible when compared to the POTF2 version.;)

DarkJedi5
11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
If you want your Sandtroopers to be dirty, then go buy some craft paint and do it yourself.

But I lack the talent (and to a lesser extent the time). The only customizing I've ever done other than head swaps was I dremeled out the bottom of an ROTS droid socket for a better fit. I'd love to be able to put a dirty wash on some of my clean sandtroopers so any tips would be welcome.

bigbarada
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
But I lack the talent (and to a lesser extent the time). The only customizing I've ever done other than head swaps was I dremeled out the bottom of an ROTS droid socket for a better fit. I'd love to be able to put a dirty wash on some of my clean sandtroopers so any tips would be welcome.

It's easy, just buy that cheap, water-based craft paint from Wal-Mart and dilute it down A LOT. Then when you brush the watered down paint over the figures, you'll notice that it naturally sinks into the low points of the sculpting. Also, since it is water-based, it's fairly easy to remove if you make a mistake. This is referred to as a 'paint wash.'

However, when doing this, you want to error on the side of diluting the paint too much, rather than not enough. Also, make sure your paint color choices make sense. If you're trying to add weathering for a desert environment, then light and medium browns are your best choices. Avoid the really dark colors, especially when applying weathering to white trooper armor.

For adding rough scratch marks, put a small amount of paint on your brush and brush most of it off onto a piece of paper. When most of the paint is gone or dried up on the brush, then you can LIGHTLY brush it onto the figure. This is called 'dry-brushing.'

I'd practice these methods on a couple of figures you don't care about first just to get a feel for it.

DarkArtist
11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
picked up the Dewback last night in the Walmart in Old Bridge - only about 5 on the bottom shelf. nice set for $30. love the new blaster rifle for the sandtrooper but agree that I wish the trooper was a little dirty (not like the Evolutions version) but at least some dirt.

DarkArtist
11-03-2009, 03:06 PM
AT-ST found in Walmart in Old Bridge... Whoooo Hoooo !!!! This is by far the best version of the classic vehicle by far and surley fans are going to want to get multiples of these badboy for all your Endor forest displays... highly recommend getting this one.

found it underneath the main Star Wars section and there were only 2 left so I'm guessing it was put out either late last night (wasn't there when I found the Dewback) or early this morning... let the hunt begin as the AT-ST has arrived.:thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
11-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Something tells me that I will never see an AT-ST around here. :(

DarkJedi5
11-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Part of me wonders if I should give it a week so that there's time to disperse and part of me wants to go right now. It took a while before I came across the previous exclusives and since it's a real pain for me to get to a WM I really don't want to be wasting my time....

Snowtrooper
11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey DA, have you taken it out of the box yet? I was curious as to how well the head attaches to the legs. There have been some complaints over on RS that the head doesn't attach very well and falls off with barely a nudge.

DarkArtist
11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Hey DA, have you taken it out of the box yet? I was curious as to how well the head attaches to the legs. There have been some complaints over on RS that the head doesn't attach very well and falls off with barely a nudge.

the head does come off to make it easier to change the chin guns but I think the reports from RS are a little exagerated.

as promised here's pics : also included pics of the second chin gun attachment not sure which one i want to keep on the AT-ST at this time.

sorry i forgot to rotate the pics....my bad

darthbooger
11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Now my neck hurts. :cry:

Turbowars
11-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Found a crap load of AT-ST's on an end cap today and there were a few Dewbacks as well.

morpheus282
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Checked one local WM tonight and found more of the same nothing that's plauged me for three months. I'll check another tomorrow at lunch.

Found a crap load of AT-ST's on an end cap today and there were a few Dewbacks as well.

Location?

Turbowars
11-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Southern CA SimiValley

sebillba
11-04-2009, 01:35 AM
the head does come off to make it easier to change the chin guns but I think the reports from RS are a little exagerated.

as promised here's pics : also included pics of the second chin gun attachment not sure which one i want to keep on the AT-ST at this time.

sorry i forgot to rotate the pics....my bad

The AT-ST looks like it's blushing!!!

morpheus282
11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Of the four Wal-Marts in a 50 or so mile radius from me, I've found one that had newer stuff and that was the dewback. Checked the one by my house last night - nothing. Checked the one by work and they have some evolutions sets and the Boba Fett droid factory pack - nothing newer. If someone in this area doesn't get some new figures or an AT-ST soon I'm going to end up going postal.

JEDIpartner
11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Hmmmm... I'm not too crazy over the AT-ST. The lack of details in the sculpt and the absence of weathering make it look a little "blah", to be quite honest. :(

El Chuxter
11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
The Evolutions sets showed back up at my scalper-ridden WM. They're in the Star Wars section now, and not the messy back wall that obviously is the "we're too lazy to put this stuff in the right spot now" portion of the department. So maybe they weren't picked up by employees, but just taken completely off the shelves for a few weeks until someone found the drive to re-arrange the SW section and make room. Doesn't give me much hope for the Dewback, but at least it's better than knowing there's a 99% chance an unscrupulous employee will beat me to it.

Old Fossil
11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
If someone in this area doesn't get some new figures or an AT-ST soon I'm going to end up going postal.

The Post Office does not sell action figures.

El Chuxter
11-04-2009, 01:45 PM
No. It's their job to lose them. Selling is too much trouble.

jamesbondo07
11-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I finally found the dewback at walmart. Still waiting for the AT-ST to show up.

JEDIpartner
11-04-2009, 04:19 PM
There were three of the B-A-D sets in the clearance aisle at a W*M near where I work. There were two sets with "Whistler" and a set with Maul that was in the pilot and "Whistler" box!! They were marked at $17.00. What a great clearance deal!! :rolleyes:

BTW, to the best of my knowledge, this W*M never put any of these out on the shelves. I was there at least three times a week for various goods and things and NEVER saw them in the toy section!!!

mtriv73
11-04-2009, 04:32 PM
One of the 2 WM's in town just put out about 20 more of the dark trooper build a droid sets. They either found a case in the back or actually got more in to go with the anakins and mauls that have been languishing there for a couple months.

Maerj2000
11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Local Wal Mart had a endcap full of AT-STs at $43 and some change. It looks really good but I thought that was a little too much. I may still get it. I noticed that they had one Anakin Cortosis Battle Droid on a shelf, they were previously out of all the Droid Factory sets. No Dewbacks and no new figures.

clone157
11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Finallysaw the Dew back here in th' ATX. Lizards are pretty costly.

morpheus282
11-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Second Wal-Mart in two days. Still no new figures. I noticed that they had put out some new fighter class vehicles and debated on picking up a fighter tank or V-19 and decided against both. Looks like the WM exclusive CW 2-packs are shipping again, but I didn't have any interest in those. I was looking for the dewback at this location but didn't see any or even a space for it. And then it hit me - the AT-ST was on the shelf! I picked up one and left another on the shelf, I saw the stock pallet in the main aisle and there were two more cases on it.

Haven't opened it yet, but it looks great. $43.96 is a little high, but since it's an all new tool and has a figure included it's a better deal in my eyes than either the TIE interceptor or TRU gunship.

I now have my AT-ST and dewback, both acquired withing a stretch of five days. :D Hopefully this weekend I'll get time to unbox them.

Old Fossil
11-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Found the spectacular Dewback w/Sandtrooper set today!

My thoughts after opening it:

1. The box art on the sides is gorgeous. I'd like to see more of that. I don't like the CW Clones on the top, but since Clone Wars is the current Thing in SW I guess I don't mind.

2. The figure and beast were not too difficult to remove. I put my old Dewie and trooper back in the box for storage; folks might want to keep an eye out for returns w/the old Kenner version, since they look quite normal in there.

3. I hope the Sandtrooper is rereleased on a single card at some point. This IS the "ultra-articulated" Stormtrooper we've (I've) always wanted. I'm glad they didn't go with a removable helmet/Jango head on this one.

4. The mighty Dewback is truly mighty! It's green, and stands out a lot better than the old one, which was a dull olive color tinged with dull rose-brown; but it's a natural, reptilian green that doesn't look cartoonish. It's got a heft to it, a solidness, if you will, that the previous incarnation lacked. It's longer, too; and though the mouth doesn't open, the neck articulation allows the lizard some more "expressive" poses. The articulated ankles go a long way towards different walking poses, too. If the tail were articulated somehow as well, this would've been perfect, but I can't compain. This is the Dewback figure I've wanted since 1977! Thank you, Hasbro -- really!

5. The saddle and tack are removable, but I have not tried to take them off, yet.

6. It's $30. That's a lot of money these days, for me, anyway. But the coolness factor with this thing is what made me justify paying $30 for what is probably only a $20 toy. If I ever find one on clearance, I'll probably buy it and have two of these Dewbacks -- maybe to (gasp!) keep it MIB.

So, I judge my last major SW purchase of this year a winner. If you're an OT collector, especially one who (like me) favors ANH, you owe it to yourself to get one of these.

sonofsokol
11-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the detailed review Old Fossil. I haven't seen these where I am yet and now I am even more excited to get my hands on one.

Anyone take any pics yet? I know we can see official pics of them online, but it is fun to see them in a more "real life" setting.

Old Fossil
11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the detailed review Old Fossil. I haven't seen these where I am yet and now I am even more excited to get my hands on one.

Anyone take any pics yet? I know we can see official pics of them online, but it is fun to see them in a more "real life" setting.

You're welcome! Here's a couple quick shots, nothing too detailed.

sonofsokol
11-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Sweet pics, I love the second one where you can see the dewback's head tilted/rotated a bit. Thank you for sharing... This just shot to #1 on my Christmas list.:yes:

TheDarthVader
11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
That is surely one neat looking lizard. How much are these things again?

morpheus282
11-06-2009, 05:09 PM
The lizard was $30 here, I don't know if WM has differing regional prices on toys. I was thinking it was a bit expensive, but I couldn't help but buy one when I saw it. If they should get clearanced (doubt it'll happen) I'm definately going to buy at least one or two more.

morpheus282
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Opened the AT-ST, it's nice but I'm a little let down by the driver. No joints below the hips, cut left elbow joint, swivel right elbow, rotating wrists. All joints on mine were very tight - I was worried about breaking them when trying to get him out of the box pose. The helmet is also a little looser than I would have liked. The head of the AT-ST is a little easy to pop off but it looks great on the shelf next to my AT-AT. I haven't tried to put it into too many poses but with all the joints it should be fairly easy to replicate any pose from the movies (including the rolling log scene) or have it run like the AT-PTs in the CW cartoon. Of the chin turrets, I think the non-launching ones are probably the better looking of the two and they'll be the ones I leave on for display.

The $43 price tag is a little higher than I would have liked. $35 would have been a little better value but I'm a sucker for walkers. If these ever go on clearance I'll end up with way more than I'll ever need. Now I just need to dig my old AT-STs out of storage for comparison.

mark2d2
11-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Great to hear you liked it so much, Old Fossil. It appears you and I are very much alike with regards to what we like to collect, so I am certain that my Dewback (due to arrive next week from Walmart.com) shall not disappoint me... The pics were nifty, too.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Found the AT-ST today. The end cap that had Octuptarra Droids and Evolutions on it yesterday had bee replaced with a lot of AT-ST's. Still no Dewback that I could see though.

Old Fossil
11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice find, MSP! Did you buy one?

Snowtrooper
11-08-2009, 09:25 PM
My brother picked up a Bantha for me and delivered it yesterday. I haven't opened it up yet, but its lookin nice.

Turbowars
11-08-2009, 09:46 PM
My brother picked up a Bantha for me and delivered it yesterday. I haven't opened it up yet, but its lookin nice.
Bantha huh? Must had been in the back for years. Good find though........;)

bigbarada
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Bantha huh? Must had been in the back for years. Good find though........;)

Especially since the Bantha was a TRU exclusive.:D

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Nice find, MSP! Did you buy one?
Yes I did. Won't be opening it anytime soon though. I don't really have space to display large vehicles. I have the Imperial Shuttle, Republic Gunship, AT-TE taking up space on the living room floor, and a few other vehicles under tables in my Star Wars room.

Snowtrooper
11-09-2009, 11:08 AM
bantha huh? Must had been in the back for years. Good find though........;)

Doh!!!!!!! I meant Dewback.

El Chuxter
11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Out of curiosity, why have so many people complained the Dewback is overpriced at $30, when it's about the same size as the Rancor so many of the same folks didn't think twice about getting for $50?

Rancor is cool. Dewback is so awesome, it's the real reason there are Star Wars. George Lucas sketched out some guys in armor riding lizards in the desert while little cloaked dudes with glowing eyes watched from a square tank. He thought, "Man, this is too cool not to make a movie about!" That's why ROTS sucks: no Dewbacks, and no Jawas. ESB, on the other hand, has no Dewbacks or Jawas, but is subtly about the pain of living away from Dewbacks and Jawas on an ice planet.

pbarnard
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
So there was no Jawa fanning the fat blob, you know Lucas' ego during ROTJ?

There were no Debacks, becase the fat blob ate them all in the intervening 6 years. :(

Is the complaining about price or distribution/availability? Two seperate things.

El Chuxter
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
ROTS, not ROTJ. ROTJ is an underrated masterpiece. Compared to ROTS, it's Citizen Kane. Compared to ROTS, The Lake House is Citizen Kane.

DarkJedi5
11-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Who says the Dewback is over priced? $30 for a creature and a new figure? $28 buys you just a vehicle so I figured this one as a steal, I even bought two!

pbarnard
11-09-2009, 02:00 PM
ROTS, not ROTJ. ROTJ is an underrated masterpiece. Compared to ROTS, it's Citizen Kane. Compared to ROTS, The Lake House is Citizen Kane.

ROSEBUD!!!!:thumbsup: She was the fourth Jedi on the left, behind Bultar Swan, but next to what's his face that was just released. Took a blaster to the face, on Geonosis in AotC, which had Jawas in it.

And I totally agree on the price; it is a fair price relative to what Target did with the Rancor. I just don't have space, plus with 3 older PotF2 Dewbacks, just can't quite pull the trigger on something done pretty well (albiet slightly shorter in length) originally.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Found the Dewback today. I was kind of lucky that I did. I saw the endcap of AT-ST's that I saw last Sunday, and I looked in the regular SW section and didn't see any Dewbacks there. I was wandering around the aisles to see if they might be on another endcap someplace else when I went by what looked like a bit of an overflow aisle of miscellaneous stuff. I think they had the marbles and keychains, and I noticed a couple battle packs. Behind them was a Dewback. The label on the shelf did say something like Star Wars Beast with Figure $30.00, so it seems like that may be where they are supposed to go. There were also some Droid Factory sets on the shelf above it. I thought those were all gone some time ago.

mark2d2
11-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I agree. It is a substantial piece. The Dewback is AMAZING. Much bigger in person than I expected. Easily twice the mass of a Taun Taun. It is truly a great toy...

PS -- It's also much, much larger than that Slug like beast that comes with a Clone.

DarkArtist
11-14-2009, 07:58 PM
spotted an endcap today at Walmart that had 2 AT-ST's left along with about 30 Dewbacks, dozens of each of the Evolution sets, about 60 of the Octoparra Droid and a fresh case box of the Clone Wars 2 packs.. was almost tempted to pick up another AT-ST but didn't have the cash... hoping toget another one for Christmas

Old Fossil
11-14-2009, 08:00 PM
That's a big Twinkie... I mean, endcap.

Snowtrooper
11-14-2009, 08:13 PM
My brother picked up an AT-ST for me today, so thats one less exclusive I have to worry about. Can hardly wait to see it.

TheDarthVader
11-14-2009, 08:30 PM
still no at-st's here...big ****in surprise

DarkJedi5
11-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I got my two AT-STs yesterday and I am very pleased. It's a really good vehicle, too bad the figure sucks! I took on of the guys and was trying to turn his joints and his right hand broke clean off. Seems like they put these together while the paint was still a little wet.

Old Fossil
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I saw a couple of these the day before yesterday. They look very nice, but not $45 nice. Too bad they're going the overpriced exclusive route on this one, a la the TRU TIE Interceptor.

They got me on the Dewback at $30, but I'm a sucker for nearly anything ANH-related. ROTJ is a bit easier to pass on, especially at the asking price. This should have been WM's $30 exclusive, and the Dewie at $25.

morpheus282
11-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Out of curiosity, why have so many people complained the Dewback is overpriced at $30, when it's about the same size as the Rancor so many of the same folks didn't think twice about getting for $50?

Rancor is cool. Dewback is so awesome, it's the real reason there are Star Wars. George Lucas sketched out some guys in armor riding lizards in the desert while little cloaked dudes with glowing eyes watched from a square tank. He thought, "Man, this is too cool not to make a movie about!" That's why ROTS sucks: no Dewbacks, and no Jawas. ESB, on the other hand, has no Dewbacks or Jawas, but is subtly about the pain of living away from Dewbacks and Jawas on an ice planet.

ESB had kangaroo/lizard hybrids that ran across the ice yelling "nyada nyada nyada" That's pretty doggone cool in my book even if it isn't a dewback.

I got my two AT-STs yesterday and I am very pleased. It's a really good vehicle, too bad the figure sucks! I took on of the guys and was trying to turn his joints and his right hand broke clean off. Seems like they put these together while the paint was still a little wet.

I was afraid mine was going to be dismembered just trying to get him into the cockpit. Hopefully Hasbro will release a single carded version so I can get fully populate this awesome vehicle.

I saw a couple of these the day before yesterday. They look very nice, but not $45 nice. Too bad they're going the overpriced exclusive route on this one, a la the TRU TIE Interceptor.

They got me on the Dewback at $30, but I'm a sucker for nearly anything ANH-related. ROTJ is a bit easier to pass on, especially at the asking price. This should have been WM's $30 exclusive, and the Dewie at $25.

I'd think the AT-ST would be better priced at $35 and the Dewback at $25, but as fast as they sold through in this area (and I was one of the first suckers) the pricing must be right on. I still don't see how TRU can have the retail price on the current gunship as $70, the current "sale" price of $50 seems to show that they agree $70 was just being greedy.

DarkJedi5
11-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I was afraid mine was going to be dismembered just trying to get him into the cockpit. Hopefully Hasbro will release a single carded version so I can get fully populate this awesome vehicle.

Shouldn't take long to get one. All they have to do is sculpt a head that fits on the Comm Scan tech that is out in the new ANH wave and pack him with a helmet and wham, you're set. You could even buy a few of those and try a head swap yourself.

Old Fossil
11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
I'd think the AT-ST would be better priced at $35 and the Dewback at $25
Yeah, that sounds more realistic.

Well, that was just about beautiful.:love:

morpheus282
11-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Went to Wal-Mart tonight and the had a lot of nothing. Lots of CW figures, some Legends, and no Legacy. I did see about two cases of the droid factory sets where last week there were none. They were still full price.

JEDIpartner
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
The Walmart* Supercenter near work has a big display of SW/CW stuff. Sadly, it only has some pegs of older CW and Legacy (even blue packaging!!!) figures with a couple newer ones. They are sitting on a ton of Evolutions exclusives and Rex helmets. They also have a lot of blasters and lightsabers and bobbleheads. There are a few smaller vehicles, "deluxe" figures and some leftover battlepacks and comic packs.

They never had any Octuptarras, Dewbacks or AT-STs. The Droid Factory 2-Packs were out for only a few days before they put the remainders out to the clearance aisle. I have no idea what is going on with them.

:frus:

TheDarthVader
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
I have to eat my words...I found some AT-STs today. But, at $43, I just can not do it. I don't care about what the economy is like now or how well these are made, when I bought an AT-ST in 1996, it was $19.99. This is more than double that price. I really can not justify that unless someone wants to try to persuade me. I didn't know it was that freakin' expensive. My eyes popped out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
I have to eat my words...I found some AT-STs today. But, at $43, I just can not do it. I don't care about what the economy is like now or how well these are made, when I bought an AT-ST in 1996, it was $19.99. This is more than double that price. I really can not justify that unless someone wants to try to persuade me. I didn't know it was that freakin' expensive. My eyes popped out.
The old AT-ST was a tiny piece of crap based on a 20-year-old toy while this is a much bigger, brand-new, heavily articulated, exclusive vehicle with a figure and firing missiles, so you really need to take all of that into account.

Darth Jax
11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
The old AT-ST was a tiny piece of crap based on a 20-year-old toy while this is a much bigger, brand-new, heavily articulated, exclusive vehicle with a figure and firing missiles, so you really need to take all of that into account.

and it's an AT-ST, those things are freaking cool.

darthbooger
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
The AT-ST is a cool toy but right now its almost a full tank of gas for me , so its gonna have to wait until after Christmas ...or until I can get my robot minion to shoplif....I mean "obtain" one. :ninja:

sith_killer_99
11-19-2009, 07:37 PM
The AT-ST is a cool toy but right now its almost a full tank of gas for me , so its gonna have to wait until after Christmas ...or until I can get my robot minion to shoplif....I mean "obtain" one. :ninja:

You have a robot minion, but can not afford an AT-ST.:p

JEDIpartner
11-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah... but getting a new AT-ST will make the AT-AT look silly.

darthbooger
11-19-2009, 08:48 PM
You have a robot minion, but can not afford an AT-ST.:p
I used a 1988 Yugo and old Spam cans to build him. Oddly enough he fits right in at Wal-Mart.....:evil:

clone157
11-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Just got back from a road trip to Vegas. In Flagstaff, I saw the Droid factory 2-packs for $10. Came back to see that they are still $17.

mark2d2
11-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Well, it's been almost a week, and I gotta say, that I have not gotten bored with the Dewback. There is none of that buyer's remorse, or any of that "did I really, really need this" that lately occasionally follows in the wake of a toy purchase. Far from it. Today when I was stumped on yet another impossible project, I took the Dewback out and messed around with it. Again, he is just a fun, fun toy. And has much more weight amd heft than I was expecting. He is nearly twice the size of the Tauntaun. And a great companion piece to my increasingly focused ANH Tatooine collection. If you are on the fence about this guy, trust me. Pick him up. You won't regret it. Not by a long shot.

As for the AT-ST. It looks to be well done. VERY well done. But in the end it is simply a design that while I enjoy in the films, I find I can live without in my collection. At the end of the day, I simply am running out of space...

morpheus282
11-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah... but getting a new AT-ST will make the AT-AT look silly.

I've got mine on the shelf right beside each other. The AT-AT definately needs an update, but it doesn't look silly next to the new AT-ST.

As for the AT-ST. It looks to be well done. VERY well done. But in the end it is simply a design that while I enjoy in the films, I find I can live without in my collection. At the end of the day, I simply am running out of space...

I've got the same problem with space, but the AT-ST doesn't take up that much. I'd gladly move my big wing TIE into storage to make room for the AT-ST, and I like my TIE a lot. :D

darthbooger
11-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I was in Wal Mart last night to see if any more Dewbacks had arrived, only too see two guys duke it out over the last copy of Call of Duty Modern Combat 2 ...yet another example of nerd on nerd violence...:tired:

JEDIpartner
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I've got mine on the shelf right beside each other. The AT-AT definately needs an update, but it doesn't look silly next to the new AT-ST.

Well, I can't see myself spending, say, $150 on a new AT-AT down the line, so it doesn't make much sense for me to get a new AT-ST. I have to admit that it does look quite good and they did a nice job crafting it. :love:

morpheus282
11-25-2009, 09:11 PM
A new AT-AT is probably the only ship I would give up $150 for without thinking about it. Anything else would need careful consideration and budgetary analysis.

I'd also have to consult with my wife. :D

bigbarada
11-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure what the possibility of a new AT-AT has to do with the AT-ST. Especially since the most prominent battle that AT-STs were involved in didn't have an AT-AT in sight.

Unless you just hate the Endor battle and only want Hoth AT-STs.

gba88
11-25-2009, 10:19 PM
I asked once already (not sure if it was this thread or not), but anyway... I can't find decent pictures of the hoth vs endor at-sts. Can someone spell out the main differences, or post some links to images? Thanks..........

EDIT: found this on a guy's lego page of all places:

"The AT-STs used on Hoth were slightly different from those on Endor. They were bigger, had more streamlined cockpits, longer chin cannon barrels, closed viewports and longer legs."

Is that accurate?

bigbarada
11-25-2009, 10:59 PM
I asked once already (not sure if it was this thread or not), but anyway... I can't find decent pictures of the hoth vs endor at-sts. Can someone spell out the main differences, or post some links to images? Thanks..........

EDIT: found this on a guy's lego page of all places:

"The AT-STs used on Hoth were slightly different from those on Endor. They were bigger, had more streamlined cockpits, longer chin cannon barrels, closed viewports and longer legs."

Is that accurate?

I've attached a side by side comparison of both AT-STs. As you can see, the main differences are just proportions. The ROTJ AT-ST has a larger, elongated head and shorter, thicker legs. The picture is not to scale and I would assume that the ROTJ AT-ST is larger.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I was in Wal Mart last night to see if any more Dewbacks had arrived, only too see two guys duke it out over the last copy of Call of Duty Modern Combat 2 ...yet another example of nerd on nerd violence...:tired:
When I was in Target last Saturday, there was a woman that was getting kind of upset with an employee. I think she was by the Hot Wheels, and the employee was talking about how collectors come in and snatch stuff up. My guess is that the woman must have been expecting that something would be there and it wasn't. She was asking for a manager.

gba88
11-25-2009, 11:45 PM
I've attached a side by side comparison of both AT-STs. As you can see, the main differences are just proportions. The ROTJ AT-ST has a larger, elongated head and shorter, thicker legs. The picture is not to scale and I would assume that the ROTJ AT-ST is larger.

Thanks a lot!!

Maerj2000
11-26-2009, 11:45 AM
A new AT-AT is probably the only ship I would give up $150 for without thinking about it. Anything else would need careful consideration and budgetary analysis.

I'd also have to consult with my wife. :D

Yeah, ladies don't seem to be into SW collecting as much as we are. :ermm:

On a side note, I enlarged the pics of the AT-STs and at a glance from the other side of the room I thought they looked like two people sitting in electric chairs. I kinda thought what the heck is this until I got closer and was like 'oh yeah.' That was a very random Thanksgiving Day thought.

morpheus282
11-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure what the possibility of a new AT-AT has to do with the AT-ST.

We're just discussing walkers in general and how the new AT-ST mold compares to the nearly 30 year old AT-AT and AT-ST molds.

Especially since the most prominent battle that AT-STs were involved in didn't have an AT-AT in sight.

There were AT-ATs on Endor, they just weren't featured on screen in the ground battle - probably because they would take so long to turn around and target itty bitty ewoks. :D

Unless you just hate the Endor battle and only want Hoth AT-STs.

I don't have anything against the Endor batle, but I have always been a litle more partial to the DSII portion of the battle and the battle of Hoth. Regardless, I've currently got my walkers surrounded by sandtroopers and dewbacks. Nobody ever said we had to display our toys only in movie accurate scenes.

Based on that picture, both AT-ST molds look to be pretty accurate. The vintage mold could use a little updating for a Hoth AT-ST, but it's close enough to pass. The vintage mold looks to be more of a recon AT-ST designed to move quicker and go in ahead of the AT-AT, where the ROTJ mold looks like it fills more of a light tank role that would be take on the smaller, faster moving targets the AT-AT would have trouble with (snowspeeders?).

Yeah, ladies don't seem to be into SW collecting as much as we are. :ermm:

My wife is strangely tolerant and even supportive of my collection. She's even helped look for hard to find figures while I'm at work. I'm just not sure how she'd react to a $150 impulse purchase. Knowing her, she'd probably be fine with it but I'd sill let her know in advance. Happy wife = happy life. :love:

sith_killer_99
11-28-2009, 12:10 AM
No discounts for "Star Wars" Wal-Mart exclusives today. Looks like no new Dewback of AT-ST for me.

Darth Metalmute
12-23-2009, 11:28 AM
So, is everybody still having the same problem finding the AT-ST and Dewback as I am?

In the past month, I have visited 6 different Walmarts (3 in the Toledo area, 2 in Cleveland, and one along the turnpike) multiple times in serch of these two items with no luck. The 4th quarter Hasbro release of figures have been the most interesting to me in years, and from the slides at SDCC, I wrote down 11 items that I had to pick up. Of the 11, I have 2. With only 2 yet to be released. It's been a disappionting end of the year.

gba88
12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
So, is everybody still having the same problem finding the AT-ST and Dewback as I am?

In the past month, I have visited 6 different Walmarts across the Northern border of Ohio multiple times in serch of these two items with no luck. The 4th quarter Hasbro release of figures have been the most interesting to me in years, and from the slides at SDCC, I wrote down 11 items that I had to pick up. Of the 11, I have 2. With only 2 yet to be released. It's been a disappionting end of the year.

after combing about a 30mile radius in western pa, I have had no issues finding either of these. In the beginning, the at-sts sold out a couple times, and lately the dewbacks have REALLY sold out almost everywhere. As long as I checked a couple days a week though, I was able to see the dewbacks restocked. Prob between older guys buying a couple dewbacks, and it being at a considerably lower pricepoint (parents buying for kids), they've been clearing out well.

gba88
12-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm probably going to check my wm today for the reduced BAD sets.... i'm sure they'll still be 17 though. I have to do some last second shopping and i'm not looking forward to it :(

Darth Metalmute
12-23-2009, 11:46 AM
I found the BAD sets, and the one with Horn that I want. but I couldn't pick him up because I felt the need to get them all for the BAD figure, even though I didn't want them all.

sonofsokol
12-23-2009, 11:49 AM

In the past month, I have visited 6 different Walmarts across the Northern border of Ohio multiple times in serch of these two items with no luck. The 4th quarter Hasbro release of figures have been the most interesting to me in years, and from the slides at SDCC, I wrote down 11 items that I had to pick up. Of the 11, I have 2. With only 2 yet to be released. It's been a disappionting end of the year.

Here in Utah, they don't seem to be moving very well. The first time I saw the AT-ST they had about 20 of them on an end cap, this morning they had about a dozen in the clearence section, but not marked down at all. I even grabbed one and took it to the price check scanner thing to make sure. The pegs in the Star Wars section were really empty with only a few Legends figuers and a few of the slower moving ROTS and CW figures there. However, the battle packs, Dewbacks, and Deluxe figures are overflowing!!! It seems like people in this area are willing to spend the money for a figure, but once you hit the $15 mark the stuff is not moving at all. I am hoping that after Christmas they may start marking down the stuff that is not moving... :fingers-crossed

If you are interested, I could pick one or both up and send to you...

LTBasker
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I finally saw an endcap of them last night, I don't know if it's always been there or what, though. Either someone at Wal-Mart is demonstrating how they feel about collectors, or they think it still has the walking feature, because the endcap is next to the treadmills. :p

I want one so badly. Actually two, since it looks great in the package, well, actually I'd like about 5, but that's never gonna happen. :p

JetsAndHeels
12-23-2009, 01:02 PM
We have plenty of the Dewbacks and AT-ST's here as well. They are placed on endcaps at the end of the toy section.

It doesn't look like a single AT-ST has sold since they have been in the store.

I want both exclusives, but money is tight and I am hoping they may eventually be placed on clearance.

morpheus282
12-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Last time I was in Walmart (about four days ago) they had plenty of the AT-ST and several dewbacks.

Old Fossil
12-23-2009, 01:31 PM
At the WM I frequent, only 1 AT-ST has sold, I think. The Dewback is moving better, and they have had to restock at least 1 full case of it so far.

I can't afford the AT-ST at its current price, but I might be able to get it if it is reduced to the $25-$30 range.

indyjones1981
12-24-2009, 01:21 AM

In the past month, I have visited 6 different Walmarts (3 in the Toledo area, 2 in Cleveland, and one along the turnpike) multiple times in serch of these two items with no luck. The 4th quarter Hasbro release of figures have been the most interesting to me in years, and from the slides at SDCC, I wrote down 11 items that I had to pick up. Of the 11, I have 2. With only 2 yet to be released. It's been a disappionting end of the year.

Darth Metalmute I was at the Holland Walmart on Tuesday and saw
8 AT-ST on the shelf and only 3 Dewbacks left. About 3 weeks ago they had maybe 10 dewbacks. The dewbacks seems to be selling better than the AT-ST at the Holland Walmart. Not sure if the other Walmarts in the Toledo area have these 2 items yet. Good luck hunting.

DarkArtist
12-24-2009, 08:40 AM
the walmart by me just unloaded a few dozen of the AT-ST and the dewback. they have so many that they are in 3 sections of the store. hoping after the holidays that I can pick up a second one for display

palps45895
12-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Walmart has completely overpriced almost all of their exclusives this year... $45 for the AT-ST is pretty insane. And $25 for the Evo's... And raising the Clone 2-packs to $16... and the $35 for the Octuparra... and the...

Funny, Walmart used to be the best buy for most exclusives... but not this year. Target gets the prize this year, I think. And that's probably why theirs can't be found left sitting on the shelves.

Walmart needs to seriously evaluate their pricing strategy, I think.

DarkArtist
12-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Walmart has completely overpriced almost all of their exclusives this year... $45 for the AT-ST is pretty insane. And $25 for the Evo's... And raising the Clone 2-packs to $16... and the $35 for the Octuparra... and the...

Funny, Walmart used to be the best buy for most exclusives... but not this year. Target gets the prize this year, I think. And that's probably why theirs can't be found left sitting on the shelves.

Walmart needs to seriously evaluate their pricing strategy, I think.

I agree that the prices are indeed insane but Target at times is no better...$29.99 for the battlepacks and $49.99 for the re-deco X-Wing with Wedge... the only decent deal which I hope to grab hopefully next week is the TIE Fighter at $29.99.

palps45895
12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
At those prices at Target, I agree.

However, the BP's are only 24.99 here and Wedge's Xwing got at 45.00. Coupled with Hasbro's massive $5 coupon promotion the whole last half of the year, that came to only 20 bp's and 40 Xwing... not too bad, at least here.

El Chuxter
12-24-2009, 12:34 PM
$30 for the Dewback was high, but not as overpriced as $50 for the Rancor. Both chains nailed it on Joe pricing, as did TRU, with most sets (the Arashikage Temple being an exception) being much cheaper than the items would be individually.

TheDarthVader
12-24-2009, 03:26 PM
$30 for the Dewback was high, but not as overpriced as $50 for the Rancor. Both chains nailed it on Joe pricing, as did TRU, with most sets (the Arashikage Temple being an exception) being much cheaper than the items would be individually.

While $50 is high for the rancor, when it first came out it was $39.99. I just saw two on clearance at target for $34.98. I already have one so I passed. If they go really cheap, I will buy.

Darth Metalmute
12-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Darth Metalmute I was at the Holland Walmart on Tuesday and saw
8 AT-ST on the shelf and only 3 Dewbacks left. About 3 weeks ago they had maybe 10 dewbacks. The dewbacks seems to be selling better than the AT-ST at the Holland Walmart. Not sure if the other Walmarts in the Toledo area have these 2 items yet. Good luck hunting.

Thanks,
That was the one I missed. I went to the one on Central and Glendale, and the one in BG. I don't make it out to the Holland one that often because I hate Airport Highway. I'll have to check it out this weekend.

I wish I would have gotten on here this morning, I had to go to Walmart to finish Chirstmas shopping and went to the Glendale one. I would have gladly gone to the other one.

Old Fossil
12-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Octuparra Droids are marked down to $17.50 and the exclusive Evolutions sets to $12.48 at my town's Wal-Mart.

No markdown on the AT-ST, or the Dewback, or Y-Wing or ARC-170. Not yet, anyway.

Basic figures are back to $7.46.:cry:

morpheus282
12-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I may have to pass on the Octuparra in the interest of space. Even if they should clearance them out, the others may also not make the cut. I'm running really low on space at the moment and I really need more shelves and a major cleanup of the basement.

I may have to pick up a couple of the $13 evolutions sets if they're marked down in my area, especially since I still have a $5 off $20 coupon.

Ji'dai
12-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Octuparra Droids are marked down to $17.50 and the exclusive Evolutions sets to $12.48 at my town's Wal-Mart.

No markdown on the AT-ST, or the Dewback, or Y-Wing or ARC-170. Not yet, anyway.

Basic figures are back to $7.46.:cry: Same story here, however, the Y-Wing and ARC-170s were $45. I was very tempted to get a Y-Wing, but that's still too much IMO.

Maerj2000
12-26-2009, 05:23 PM
It was also the same story at my Wal-Mart. Octo Droid was $17 and the Evolutions were $12 and some change. I got the Evolution sets, great deal at that price. Too bad they only had the 2 sets tho, I 'll have to try other Wal Marts to see if they have the third set with the Republic Commando fig in it.

No Y-Wings in my area, I only saw them twice and they vanished very quickly. Each time they were full price and I didn't have the extra money.

morpheus282
12-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Checked one Walmart, AT-ST still full price, $17.50 octoparra droid, $12 evolutions, almost everything else full price...

BUT

They had the turbo tank half off! Too bad I already bought one.

Darth Metalmute
12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the tip indyjones1981,
I was able to pick up a Dewback this weekend. They only had two left and they were just thrown around. I got it for $25 instead of $30 although I didn't see a sale price. There was a bunch of AT-ST's but I couldn't justify dropping $45 on it, even though I liked it better than the Dewback. I might pick it up if I get a coupon or gift card, or it the price drops.

Thanks to morpheus282 for the help as well.

nohagent
12-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Man, I was in Walmart last night and I scanned all the items but the Octuparra. I scanned evo, regular vehical asst, at-st, dewback and Turbo Tank. Only turbo and evo were maked down. They had 32 AT-ST there, yes 32. I waitin anxiously like Darth Maul waitin to stick it two Qui-Gon for that drop. Been too the 6 walmarts in my area and nothing. Anyway, at $49 got 2 Turbos. Guess I better go back and check for the Octo

gba88
12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Man, I was in Walmart last night and I scanned all the items but the Octuparra. I scanned evo, regular vehical asst, at-st, dewback and Turbo Tank. Only turbo and evo were maked down. They had 32 AT-ST there, yes 32. I waitin anxiously like Darth Maul waitin to stick it two Qui-Gon for that drop. Been too the 6 walmarts in my area and nothing. Anyway, at $49 got 2 Turbos. Guess I better go back and check for the Octo

dang i wish i could find a turbo tank for 49 :'(

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Have seen a few Dewbacks around, but $30 is too much for me. If it drops (which, of course, will mean that I won't find any then :upset: ), I might consider it.

Old Fossil
12-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Have seen a few Dewbacks around, but $30 is too much for me. If it drops (which, of course, will mean that I won't find any then :upset: ), I might consider it.

Can't blame you for waiting. I bought one at $30, and it was very difficult to justify. I honestly don't see myself buying another one, even if they are marked down to $20 or $15.

Wal-Mart (and Hasbro) deserves to lose some money on these overpriced exclusives. Their greed in setting those inane prices during a recession is keeping many collectors away.

BoShek
12-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Is your Wal Mart lacking comic packs? Mine only has their exclusives and but no Ewok packs, which I really want.

If anyone can get me a Ewok three pack, pm me.

:thumbsup:

morpheus282
01-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Is your Wal Mart lacking comic packs? Mine only has their exclusives and but no Ewok packs, which I really want.

If anyone can get me a Ewok three pack, pm me.

:thumbsup:

I haven't seen the ewok pack since just after it was released. The only packs in stock at my local WM are the alien pilots and the Luke/Deena commando packs

DarkJedi5
02-04-2010, 12:54 AM
From Han's Hideout (http://www.hanshideout.blogspot.com/):

2) Man, the comic pack situation is getting harder to track with all the cancellations and moves. Any chance you can give us a definative list of which Comic Packs *are* coming in 2010 - basic releases, Walmart exclusives, and 2010 convention exclusives included?

** Thanks for the interest and we glad to provide an update. Unfortunately, sales on the Comic Packs really fell last Fall, so the situation has become more dire. What *will* be released: the final Fall wave, shown last year at Comic Con, including the Republic Tholme/T'ra Saa pack, the Tales of the Jedi pack with Exar Kun/Ulic Quel Dromis, the Republic Kashyyyk "Bogey Squad" Clone pack, the Star Wars Early Adventures Black Hole Trooper/droid/Black Hole figure pack, and the Routine Valor Commander Cody Battalion pack. Look for this wave approximately March. The Spring '10 wave has been cancelled, which included the Legacy Delia Blue/Darth Nihl and Knights of the Old Republic Jarael/Rohlan Dyre. We will look to bring these two out in some format in the next couple of years.

The Wal-Mart Fall '10 Comic Pack exclusive assortment has shrunk to two: Star Wars Tales IG-97 and Rohm Moc, and Star Wars X-Wing Rogue Leader and General Weir. These two will be at retail sometime in February. The X-Wing Rogue Squadron pack with Plourr Illo and Dllr Nep has been pulled from the Wal-Mart packs and will be made available through another retailer or as an additional Convention item. It was pulled not to be an exclusive at the shows, but because of the subject matter. There will also be an exclusive Comic Pack debuting at both Comic Con and Celebration V this year. We have not announced them yet, but these will be revealed at Toy Fair.

This is incredibly disheartening to me. I was really looking forward to getting a set of the pilots. Now it's possible they'll never see the light of day! Between this and the news of the EU wave it's really starting to suck to be a collector.

El Chuxter
02-04-2010, 01:01 AM
"Hey, everyone, we know you want the unique X-Wing set, but we'll give you the generic one instead."

Again, how have sales fallen? Anyone actually seen the latest wave more than once, if that?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Again, how have sales fallen? Anyone actually seen the latest wave more than once, if that?Which is the latest wave? The Wal-Mart here got stuck with a ton of packs that never moved. The ones in the Red/White packaging eventually showed up at Target, though I think I may have seen some of the at Wal-Mart as well. Mundi/Hett, Luke/Lumiya, and Krayt/Dare are the last ones I got. They seemed to be easy enough to find once they showed up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2010, 03:18 AM
I also honestly haven't seen a serious problem with the comic packs. The first Luke and Deena Shan set sold horribly at a few stores, but not really across the board. I think there are maybe three or four stragglers at any given store, and they seem to cycle through a few cases now and then, but not very many, so I don't know what the problem is. Maybe the high tooling costs vs. the low price was getting to them?

Anyway, what's up with the set being pulled because of subject matter? Was there some kind of, uh, explicit content in the comic book?

El Chuxter
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm guessing they didn't want two Rogue Squadron related issues? I can't remember any issues having anything controversial.

MSP, the latest wave included Lumiya and the Yuuzhan Vong, and there may've been a third. Course, the earlier ones (especially anything with Deena Shan, all thirty or sixty, or two, or however many sets that is) have pegwarmed something fierce. You apparently have had better luck with them (again, sounding like a problem with even distribution).

pbarnard
02-04-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm guessing they didn't want two Rogue Squadron related issues? I can't remember any issues having anything controversial.

MSP, the latest wave included Lumiya and the Yuuzhan Vong, and there may've been a third. Course, the earlier ones (especially anything with Deena Shan, all thirty or sixty, or two, or however many sets that is) have pegwarmed something fierce. You apparently have had better luck with them (again, sounding like a problem with even distribution).

Depending on which issue it is, it could either be the Plour killing her brother as children which would probably be the worst thing that I can imagine for content reasons. That's the event, want the context, read the actual thing in Rogue Squadron Omnibus Vol II iirc.

Old Fossil
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
So I got the AT-ST vehicle today, on clearance for $25. It is well worth the money, IMO, but not the original asking price of near $45. It is a lot sturdier than I thought it would be. I like that they didn't use the usual metal twisties to secure it in the package, opting instead for a more... stringy material. Easier to cut through with a pair of scissors.

I kind of miss the "stomping" action of the old POTF2 version, but it's just gonna sit there on my shelf anyway, so...

The Driver figure is good for what it needs to do. Takes some squeezing to fit his feet into the cockpit, but I have no complaints other than that.

I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: out of 5 :thumbsup:'s.

morpheus282
03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Neither the AT-ST or Dewback has gone on clearance in my area. I've checked six Walmarts too. I'd buy another of each if they'd just go ahead and mark them down.

I did manage to pick up one of the Evo packs last night for $10.

nohagent
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I just returned mine and met the 90 day mark. got my $48 and went to look at the shelves where about 35 sit gathering dust at 43.96. I dont mind to sound stingy but my current situation just does not allow for this. I fear I will regret it but................